[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 43

File: 1464488691029.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
1464488691029.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Playing CSM Stage 5: Acceptance Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Melee upgrades are overcosted sub-edition
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
Don't you wish you had an LoW fortification with AV15?
>>
File: 1445280474752.jpg (141KB, 579x871px) Image search: [Google]
1445280474752.jpg
141KB, 579x871px
First for plausible deniability.
>>
>>49142923
FUCK!
>>
File: image.jpg (434KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434KB, 900x666px
>>49142920
>>49142938
>>
File: IG_Techpriest_icon.jpg (5KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
IG_Techpriest_icon.jpg
5KB, 64x64px
A challenge worthy of my skills!
>>
How do you feel about mini codexs? How many are there?
>>
>>49142920
Is it attached to that board piece? How do you even place that thing in a game? How do you not get it blocked by any self-respecting terrain piece?
>>
>>49143058
>assassins
could be rolled into inquisition
>scions
could also be rolled into inquisition
>inquisition
could be expanded slightly, maybe get some cross-faction formations with GK, SoB, DW, MT. Hell, all of those books could be combined into one mega-Inquisition book and probably be better off--GK and DW would keep Nemesis and Black Spear Strike Forces, respectively, and maybe SoB would get their own too. But the forces of the Inquisition should be able to work together in MSU from their different groupings.

>harlequins
could use buffs/expansion, but should remain their own book.
>>
I'm ashamed of how accurately the General editions have followed my moods about traitors hate.
>>
I'd like to play. Are Tyranids any good?
>>
>>49143138
Nope.
>>
>>49143058
pretty good, so long as the models are nice

most are designed to be taken as single detachments/have their own unique formations to slot in as allies. I would not be averse to more in the future.
>>
>>49143093
It is attached to a Realm of Battle tile, yes.

It doesn't get blocked because it IS the terrain, anon.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Primus_Redoubt.pdf
>>
>>49143141
Oh. Are they utter shit? Like, I shouldn't ever play them, even in casual games?
>>
>>49143118
>scions
>could also be rolled into inquisition

but the scions are in the Imperial Guard already.
>>
As a coping mechanism for law school stress I took out all my old models and started working on them again. It's kinda nice, but I'm almost out of things to build and paint. I played IG in 5th Ed. I realize that nothing in my 2500 points is any good in the meta and I don't know what's changed in 2 editions. What should I buy next that's decent but also bad ass for imperial guard?
>>
>>49143164
You can play whatever you want in a casual game. Depends on if you're a masochist or not.
>>
>>49143192
What is your local meta? Im sure most of the things that worked in 5th would be just fine against a casual group.

When in doubt buy knights.
>>
>>49143192
A Behnblade, of course. The one with the really big cannon and casemate, preferably.

Or an Imperial Knight of any variant.
>>
From last thread

I'm worried by CSM and Daemons, two outdated books that need overhauls, just getting supplements when they should have whole new complete codexes

Anyone else concerned
>>
>>49143179
Exactly, the whole separate scion army is already pointless. Guard armies should take them on their own, Inquisition armies should get BS 4 stormtroopers.
>>
>>49143291
yes, but i could argue that the imperium could be split into normies(guard/scion/SoB/inquisition) and marines.
>>
File: mantis dreadnoughts.jpg (231KB, 1525x991px) Image search: [Google]
mantis dreadnoughts.jpg
231KB, 1525x991px
How many dreadnoughts is not enough dreadnoughts?
>>
>>49143340
GKs, DW and SoB staying separate as full armies would still be fine, but I just think there's no reason to not have Inquisitorial Stormtroopers in the Inquisition book, so Scions should just be in there--or at least, their statline should be in there. The Air Assault and Ground Assault formation from their book could just be Guard formations, and then the actual "Militarum Tempestus" would just be Guard dudes again.

When I say "mix GK, DW and SoB into Inquisition," I mean allow them to be taken as small squads or individual models within an Inquisitors retinue, since that's a thing that happens fairly frequently anyway in fluff.
>>
>>49143377
Zero
>Implying there's an enough number of dreadnoughts
>>
File: 1383536042019.jpg (815KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1383536042019.jpg
815KB, 2560x1440px
On a scale of Decimation to Iron Within, how is this list?

2000pts

[Helfist Murderpack]

4xHelbrutes w/ Powerfist+Reaper Autocannon

Helbrute Champion w/ 2x Power Scourges+Aura of dark glory (Warlord)

2x [Mayhem Pack]

3x Helbrutes w/ Powerfist+Multimelta

[Daemon Engine Pack]

Warpsmith
2x Forgefiends w/ Hades Autocannons

[Daemon Engine Pack]

Warpsmith
2xMaulerfiends w/2x Lasher tendrils
>>
>>49143461
Well it looks like all your actual marines got decimated.

And those Helbrutes are more flesh than iron. Fiends too.

would not hazard tape with/10
>>
>>49143377
Eight. I have eight and I never even get to use them all. A Librarian, three Furioso, two Death company, one Contemptor, and one "Rifleman" Dreadnought.
>>
File: feelssadman.jpg (351KB, 773x765px) Image search: [Google]
feelssadman.jpg
351KB, 773x765px
>>49143478
I know that feeling.
All my dreadnoughts add up to over 2k points, I'll never field them all together plus techmarine and techomancy librarian support
>>
>>49143218
I don't even know what stores in my area still do 40k or are open.

What's changed in 2 editions?
>>
>>49143547
To be fair, I field them all with two Vindicators, a Baal, an Auto/Lascanon Pred, a Land Raider, and as many Drop Pods as I can afford all Unbound style whenever anyone will let me. Also, yeah, Technomancy on the Librarian Dreadnought is really, really good.
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1050x1176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1050x1176px
>>49143576
Adeptus Mechanicus becoming an army, Warhammer 30,000: The Horus Heresy, Chaos Space Marines, Orks, and Tyranids absolutely suck.

God-Machines.
>>
>>49143576
Eldar and Tau went from 'suck shit' to 'OP as shit, flavour of the month, every month'.
>>
File: 1472616016389.jpg (235KB, 848x807px) Image search: [Google]
1472616016389.jpg
235KB, 848x807px
Why are Chaos players always the dumbest people in these threads?
>>
>>49143192
I was about to start law school when I picked up 40k.

I dropped out a week before class started because fuck that shit
>>
We are the destroyer's agents on this plane.
>>
>>49143743
Is this an aspect warrior shrine for ants?
>>
>>49143676
Because they whine and bitch like little faggots.

You aren't the only ones with a worthless army.
>>
>>49143192
How about you man up and face the fact that you're not going to get any callbacks from OCI? Start your mass-mailing now, because True Hell is graduating without a job lined up and student loans coming due while you watch as the people you knew from your section are starting to rake in dough selling their souls to whatever shitpile biglaw gig they've got locked down.

t. a public fucking defender who gazed into the abyss too long
>>
>>49143769
The destroyer's agents never claimed to be large.
>>
File: howling banshees.png (1MB, 681x891px) Image search: [Google]
howling banshees.png
1MB, 681x891px
What's the best aspect warrior shrine? Which contributes most to the Eldar war machine?

Please note that the Fire Dragons are not a real aspect warrior shrine they are just a bunch of remedial cases that are allowed to pretend that they are real aspect warriors.
>>
File: terminator.jpg (136KB, 368x416px) Image search: [Google]
terminator.jpg
136KB, 368x416px
are we posting dawn of war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-1-PQRbD28
>the choom choom choom of storm boltguns
>>
File: Fire_Dragons_combat.jpg (78KB, 613x619px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Dragons_combat.jpg
78KB, 613x619px
>>49143916
Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Seriously though the Dire Avengers are the most numerous according to the lore and also definitely the most generic (their description in the dex is just, they're warriors and they're really good at it. something about tactics whatever)
But that's a boring answer so if I had it my way, Warp Spiders. Warp Spiders everywhere.
>>
>>49143916
Dire avengers.
>>
Working on a CSM overhaul atm, these are my initial ideas for Night Lords

Csm rework
Night Lords: - 1Ld (But an overall +LD for CSM, so it evens out , Raptors as Troops, Nostraman Chainglaive for Characters, Special Cult Units

Khorne berzerkers: ShadeMurderers Gain rending, cause LD check on assault target at - 2,if failed may not overwatch
Plague Marines: Nostraman Deathdealers, lose FnP and SAP, gain I4, Infiltrate, Poisoned Attacks (3+)
Noise Marines: Pillarscreechers, cause - 1 ld for every casualty caused with sonic weaponry, lose blastmaster

Special elite FA assault marines similar to Vanguard/Sanguine Guard
>>
>>49143950
>>49143955
Okay sure, the Dire Avengers are the most numerous, and they are very good at what they do.

But don't they just duplicate the role of Guardians? The other shrines all seem to do something that Guardians don't do very well, but DIre Avengers just do the Guardians' things better than them.
>>
>>49143960

Death Guard: MoN for everyone, Slow and purposeful, Fnp(6+) for infantry ,Power Scythe, Poisoned Round Mortar on Terminators, UC may buy Plague grenades, Daemons of Nurgle, Flamers may gain rending and gets hot, Plague Marines are troops, Access to expanded Nurgle lore.

Special Terminator Upgrade, General Retinue, WS 5(?) , 2W, Power Scythes on everyone

BTW relics for everyone but those will come later
>>
>>49143988
all terminators should be WS/BS5 base, no point change
>>
>>49143960
>>49143988

Word bearers:Units of different marks may join one another, units gain fearless and zealot if joined by a character. Possessed as Troops, General may take Mark of chaos undivided,all units may reroll chaos boons. Daemons may join units. May not take unmarked models.
>>
>>49144021
For DG or just Terminators in general?
>>
>>49144052
terminators in general

Deathguard getting expensive 2W deathshroud-like motherfuckers would be pretty neat. Or guys packing chem flamers.
>>
>>49144035
>World Bearers
>Dedication to a single deity
What is this heresy?
>>
>>49144021
I think if you're going to go fucking around with terminators' stats, the most obvious change would be bumping them up to T5 or W2.

I like the idea that some people have thrown around of making their storm bolters salvo 2/4, but the big difference between what termies once were and what they are now is just that they're too fragile, not that their firepower is too light.
>>
>>49144087
>T5 or W2
I've said it before, but that just makes them shitty obliterators/centurions.

Better "skill" stats and making terminator armor better than a flat 2+/5++ is the way to go. Essentially just going closer to the days they had WS5/BS6/I5/3+ (2d6)
>>
>>49144085
The idea is a cultural melting pot of different dedications. Since they're the army closest to Daemons and daemons have to be dedicated it makes more sense for them to have marks but be allowed to join one another regardless. Opens up a lot of combo space with minimal additional Bullshit design that is also unique. Khorne Juggerlord with Beasts of Nurgle or Slaanesh? Finally doable.

>>49144087
Termis need a buff, but buffing both Legions and termis at the same time might lead to too much of a change. Don't worry though, a general csm rework is coming alongside this.
>>
>>49144035
>May not take unmarked models.
I don't think that is very good being forced to pay a mark for cultists would make playing them hard and as you might know Word Bearers are notable for heavy cultist use.
>>
>>49144136
Where can we see your work when finished? I assume you will post it here but just in case I miss them.
>>
>>49144206
This is true. I was thinking about giving Cultists marks for free, but I'm not sure how to properly implement that. Something along the lines of A demagogue would go a long way.

These are initial drafts, and nowhere near finalized.

Thanks for your feedback man.
>>
>>49144228
I think PDF is the way to go, but this will take a heck of a long time. Main inspiration being Armiesproject from Fantasy, staying true to fluff and earlier editions while not making anything balls to the wall retarded when it comes to crunch.
>>
>>49144135
>I've said it before, but that just makes them shitty obliterators/centurions.

Well, is that a real problem? They're still cheaper, and they have several advantages -- namely that they can ride around in land raiders and deep strike.

Also they don't look nearly as silly.

If you change their skill stats, the obvious question is why they have improved WS/BS but the other veteran units don't. Do the terminator suits help out on that?
>>
>>49144257
Where are you planning on posting the pdfs?
>>
>>49144261
>>why they have improved WS/BS but the other veteran units don't
Why not make all veterans WS/BS 5?
>>
>>49144264
Initially just in here I guess, we'll have to see if it's popular enough to warrant a website.
>>
>>49144261
>Well, is that a real problem?
yes? keeping units distinct from one another is important

>Do the terminator suits help out on that
Yes, actually. Those cameras on the shoulders are in-built targeters. In previous editions that translated into +1 BS when firing one weapon.

Terminators were effectively BS6, while regular veterans were only BS5.
>>
Why not make all marines BS10?
>>
>>49143238

I don't think CSM will get a new codex before the next edition drops. My guess is that Traitor's Hate is meant to tide us over until then.
>>
>>49143960
Why take the blast master out? Literally the best thing I'm the white dex. Taking it out is dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>49144282
Terminators could be 1 W T 5 and have a mix of CC and ranged weapons.

Mutilators could remain 2 W T 4 have the uniqueness of having a large selection of melee weapons but no ranged.

Obliterators could remain 2 W T 4 have the uniqueness of having a large selection of ranged weapons but no melee.

>>49144311
Because that would not show the skill difference between a Captain and a Scout. Raising WS and BS by 1 for being elites choices is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>49144320
No they're going to squat Chaos next month. A red shirt told me as much. Traitor's Hate is all about Chaos's last stab at Terra during the 13th Black Crusade.

Then they all get defeated by the Ultramarine Honour Company and Roboute Gullyman wakes up and throws Abbadon back into the Eye of Terror before closing it up forever with his space powers.
>>
>>49144345
Note* Obliterators obviously have a power fist, but their main role would be shooting vs a melee unit with a bit of fire support.
>>
File: poorlittlemonkeigh.jpg (113KB, 380x541px) Image search: [Google]
poorlittlemonkeigh.jpg
113KB, 380x541px
>>49143916

They're all the best at what they do.

>Scorpions stronkest and sneakiest
>Spiders are bravest
>Swoopity doopities are fastest
>Dragons are burniest
>Banshees are loudest
>Spears are stabbiest
>Reapers are best at noscopez

Only Spectres and Avengers missed the memo about picking a speciality.
>>
>>49144336
Just for Night Lords. Essentially offering them cult troops with a Night Lord flavor, and those should be more up in your face. Don't worry though, Emperor's children havocs should gain access to blast masters.
>>
File: 1468365585603.jpg (46KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1468365585603.jpg
46KB, 568x479px
>>49144410
>swoopity doopities
>>
>>49143916
>What's the best aspect warrior shrine?
Dire Avengers

They're the aspect warriors which recognize the wisdom of Robute Guilliman, and try to lessen themselves of their sin of existence by emulating his teachings.
>>
>>49144135

WS5 makes no sense for terminators. The last thing those fuckers exhibit is dexterity. They can barely turn around. Their problem isn't that they aren't choppy or tough enough (they have 2+/3++ and s10 access for fuck sakes), they're simply over priced.
>>
>>49144506
>The last thing those fuckers exhibit is dexterity. They
who says weapon skill has anything to do with dexterity

it's experience and talent, things which space marine veterans have buckets of
>>
>>49144506
>s10 access
with what?
>>
>>49144506
>Dexterity=WS
So Necron Overlords are dexterous? Normal marines are not any more dexterous than normal humans, they know how to parry and hit where it hits and have the strength to parry and hit so that it hurts.
>S 10
Where? SM have nothing except vehicles with S 10.
>>
>>49144483
Nevermind. Carry on then. My b. You're cool
>>
>>49144521

>Talent has nothing to do with dexterity

Wearing oven mitts and not being able to sway or weave or flex will severely limit your ability to hit things.

>>49144557

>So Necron Overlords are dexterous?

Why wouldn't they be? They've never been depicted as clunky and clumsy, whereas Termies can barely move in Spess Hulk.
>>
>>49144604
>Wearing oven mitts and not being able to sway or weave or flex will severely limit your ability to hit things.
And literally hundreds of years of training will make you pretty good at doing shit with difficult equipment.

>Necron Overlords have never been depicted as clunky and clumsy
Kinda have. The one defining trait of necrons is that they're slow as balls.

>Termis can barely move in Spess Hulk
Becaues they're huge, and space hulk corridors are small. But the terminator sergeant is capable of straight up out-fighting genestealers in hand-to-hand.

>but he only throws one die!
yeah it's almost like having four arms lets you attack more than just one
>>
>>49144691

You realize other vets in the codex still have ws/bs4? Why would vets in clunky gear be more skilled than the less encumbered ones?

Also, reactions =/= dexterity. Lychguard/Overlords take a long time to react, but when they do it's often a laser accurate killing blow, hence why they roll well to hit, but have to tank hits before getting their attack .

Small corridors have nothing to do with it. Termies simply take a long time to move 180 degrees. That's a bit of a problem when you duel enemies that can flip straight over your head. Termie sergeants are in big trouble in CC against genestealers. They need to get lucky and are definitely nowhere near as skilled. 4 arms don't just let you hit more, they let you hit better. When one can catch both your punches and still gouge your eyes out then you see why one is ws6 and one isn't.
>>
PisssSSTT!

..Kill Team update?
>>
>>49144691
>>49144604
Termies in space hulk are slow because they fight Genestealers, how are super dooper fast. The rules don't bring up Initiative, stealers just go first.
>>
>>49144810

Terminators are slow in general, hence Slow and Purposeful.
>>
>>49144846
>termies
>SnP
Unless you're talking about cataphrachtii, which you're clearly not, then you clearly don't know the rules.
>>
File: stats.png (190KB, 604x228px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
190KB, 604x228px
>>49144763
>You realize other vets in the codex still have ws/bs4?
You do realize those stats aren't set in stone and can be changed as well?

>Small corridors have nothing to do with it. Termies simply take a long time to move 180 degrees.
Because they're crammed into tiny rooms while wearing extremely bulky armor.

>4 arms don't just let you hit more, they let you hit better.
uh, no, literally speaking they throw out more attacks than the terminators, but aren't any more skilled. The only guy who can break a tie in melee is the sergeant, until you start going into expansion units.
>>
>>49144846
>regular terminator armor conferring slow and purposeful

I fucking wish
>>
>Expect nothing in Traitor's Hate
>still disappointed

Stage of playing CSM 6
>>
>>49144846
they're not really that slow. I mean yeah they can't catch fleeing units, but they can still motor along 12"+ a turn, depending on run/charge/consolidation moves.
>>
>>49144862

So half of marines should be ws/bs5 now? How about no? Unless you wanna start bumping up Necrons, Eldar, Deldar, Nids and Daemons who all have equally or more convincing claims to such a stat boost.

Being in an open space is irrelevant when your problem is being unable to 180 quickly. If you're that much of a clunky asshole it doesn't matter if you're in a swiss field or a japanese apartment. A 180 turn is a 180 turn in either context.
>>
>>49142881
Hah fucking called it on the "new" psychic powers

Sinistrum --- Librarius
Heretech --- Technomancy
Ectomancy --- Fulmination
Geomortis --- Geokinesis

Wonder which of the powers are given drawbacks to differentiate them.
>>
>>49145031
>>49145031
>>49145031
>>49145031
>>49145031

Help me out here guys.
>>
>>49143164
They really are quite terrible, unfortunately. If you just like painting and building, they're a cool range of models.
>>
>>49144410
Spectres are the spookiest
Avengers the tacticalest
(The grins the funniest)
The smiles the sunniest
Way back home..
>>
File: let me tell you about tryanids.jpg (22KB, 207x220px) Image search: [Google]
let me tell you about tryanids.jpg
22KB, 207x220px
>>49144862

>Genestealers aren't more skilled than Terminators

Oh fuck off now. Are you really arguing having 4 fucking arms doesn't mean you can land hits easier? If you have two arms and I lock my claws into your arms (because I'm also faster) what the fuck is your ass gonna do about my other two arms playing scratch and sniff with your brains? Nothing, that's what. Stealers justifiably have a higher WS and terminators are lucky to even get WS/I4 whilst being as agile and dextrous as a fucking Dalek.
>>
>>49145061
>So half of marines should be ws/bs5 now?
>space marine terminators/veterans are half of their army
you're kind of dumb, bro

> Unless you wanna start bumping up Necrons, Eldar, Deldar, Nids and Daemons who all have equally or more convincing claims to such a stat boost.
Did you know that all eldar basic infantry got a boost to WS/BS4 somewhat recently. Defenders, Storm Guardians, Jetbikes, and all of their vehicles used to be WS/BS3.
>>
>>49143916
The Guardian Scatter-Laser Eldar Jetbike shrine contributes most.
>>
Terminators should just get veteran tactics
>>
>>49143743
Why do you wear the mask?
>>
would an army focused on skitarii be viable enough to not get curb stomped?
>>
>>49145128
Just guardians, not a shrine.

>>49145142
Long range senses, optical targeting, velocity and trajectory projections, parabolic arcs of munitions, sensory filters, environmental protection and of course armouring.
>>
>>49145171
Focused on or exclusively Skitarii?
>>
>>49144891
>Switch to Tau and Necrons around mid-6th
>Still get mad everytime CSM get a new stupid supplement with fucking nothing
I-I can't escape! My soul is forever damned.
>>
>>49145128
Ulthwe gets it right. Spam guardians and farseers. Don't need no stinking aspect shrines. Well, maybe Crimson Hunters. They're useful.

>>49145178
>Just guardians, not a shrine.
Whoosh
>>
>>49145186
focused, could I get away with just ad-mech stuff?
>>
Chaos arent nearly as bad as they make themselves out to be. Theyre just marines without the cheese. And a few unique units and rules. You still have access to decent ranged, melee, and anti-armour options, with decent saves and BS.

Orks are truly deprived in this sense
>>
>>49145121

>Better be pedantic over obvious hyperbole!

About rich seeing as you're referring to three year old releases as "recent".

It's the entire elite choice section you're asking for a BS boost to your already OP dex. That's faggotry.

Guardians actually had a legitimate claim to a boost. Fluff abounds with references to the preternatural grace of Eldar and how human opponents move like clumsy slow mo retards in comparison. Them being same stats as IG is as stupid as Orks having s3 (who unlike marines, deserve a stat boost).

Terminators, however, don't deserve jack shit in terms of skill upgrades. They've never been said to have a higher skill cap than the other Marines with there being more references to how much slower and encumbered they are. The only thing Terminators deserve is greater durability, not arbitrary bumps to their skill.
>>
>>49145121
Actually SM scouts got a bump to WS/BS4 recently too.

Which would make space wolf players cry if they ever took veteran scouts ever because lol less points for yiffen.
>>
>>49145197
One of the most powerful builds does that so yes.
>>
>>49145200
>They've never been said to have a higher skill cap than the other Marines
yeah, veterans have never been said to be more skillful than the regular boots

>Guardians actually had a legitimate claim to a boost
I mean, it only makes sense that civilian levies are as skilled as aspect warriors who spend all their free time training in the aspect shrines.
>>
>>49145199
No no no

Chaos are the worst army in the game. Daemons are literally the worst at everything. So they can shoot mindbullets everywhere? What good is that? The psychic phase can't put free points on the board!

And then for CSM, we have literally no way to put good shooting out there. Our only option is Khorne Berzerkers. We don't have any ignores-cover mid-range shooting or tough objective holders or hordes of expendable GEQ. It's the worst codex in the game.

Chaos is suffering
>>
>>49142920>>49143093
I have one, you deploy it as much as you can into your deployment zone and can deploy troops inside it. It's fucking radical also expensive.
>>
>>49144523
The closest I can imagine is the Power Fist, at S8.
>>
>>49145243
>The psychic phase can't put free points on the board!
Umm. What are half of the spells in Malefic and one spell in new Tzeentch lore?
>>
>>49145243
You forgot to put a ⸮ at the end to signify sarcasm/irony.
>>
>>49145243
Also what is Forgeworld and Sicarans, Rapiers, Quad Mortars, Fire Raptors etc.
>>
>>49145290
Are you the same dude who didn't get the guardian "aspect shrine" joke further up the thread?

>>49145296
Um this is America and I don't use no queermosexual symbols
>>
>>49145243
Whoa man, hold your horses. I play CSM and I sense some bunk here.

>no good shooting
Autohavocs, preds, oblits and noise marines aren't bad. Rubrics too in certain cases
>ignores cover mid-range shooting
Literally why sonic blasters exist. That's 3 IC bolter shots per marine if you don't move. Ok yeah Salvo is situational, granted.
>tough objective holders
Rubrics, plagues, noise with FnP
>Hordes of expendable GEQs
Cultists.. or Zombies!
>>
>>49145304
You're not a smart man, are you?
>>
>>49145303
>Are you the same dude who didn't get the guardian "aspect shrine" joke further up the thread?
Umm no, I just have terribad fever so my sarcasm-o-meter is borken. Sorry about that.
>>
Anybody got kill team pdf?
>>
>>49145303
>don't use no queermosexual symbols
I see that, not even a humble period or comma, instead you just preface sentences with Um like the big fruity t'Um(blrina) you are.
>>
>>49145304
See I don't blame you for not getting my subtle humor because it is very subtle

>>49145322
I forgive you 0u0

>>49145337
0u0
>>
File: 1462350401496.jpg (80KB, 569x807px) Image search: [Google]
1462350401496.jpg
80KB, 569x807px
>>49145316
I'm still holding on to my CSM. Clearly I'm not WISE. But I wouldn't say I'm not intelligent.
>>
>>49145348
Oh it was sacrasm? Shit, that doesn't transfer that easily onto text my man.
>>
How does bikes work in 7th? Is there anyway a 3 man nurgle biker unit can make an impact in units?
Its basically 3 x 3 attacks: 1 base, 1 for melee weapons and 1 for charge which makes for 9 attacks.

Compared to regular marines who do 30 attacks?
I can see the bikers making an impact on imperial guard units and ork boyz but not so much on MEQ's does anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>49145191
"Woosh" implies it flew.

It just feebly wobbled it's way over the ground like the quadriplegic abortion of humour it was.
>>
>>49145359
>But I wouldn't say I'm not intelligent.
The fact that you didn't get such obvious sarcasm in his post indicates otherwise.
>>
>>49145368
The problem is that there are enough chaos players in these threads saying some variation of that. It's hard to tell these days!
>>
>>49145325
GW kill team is just normal games with not many points and a bunch of unit restrictions.
Is crap imo, no matter how much they try to hype the rerelease.
>>
>>49145370
They are fast'ish tank'ish special weapons carriers.

The should only go into melee to mop up shit or tie up guys with dangerous guns.

They can deliver a passable alpha with the attacks plus a HoW
>>
File: 1447012470453.jpg (30KB, 350x258px) Image search: [Google]
1447012470453.jpg
30KB, 350x258px
>>49145374
I just woke up, I haven't fully booted up yet. No need to be rude, pham.
>>
I know that people don't generally use the new flier rules from death from the skies, but do you think people would be okay with someone using a formation from the book?

Obviously disregarding any rules from the formation that deals with the new flier rules.
>>
>>49145374
Sarcasm is only obvious if it differs significantly from the content usually posted, afraid your intent got lost among the genuinely stupid and uninformed opinions.
>>
Lets just all say that if the Traitors's Hate is copy-paste job from BL/CS books then were all going to be very dissapointed.

I dont even play chaos but I want them to have the Eldar treatment. Not the "Scatterbikes for l4if"-one but the one that actually makes all units less shitty. CWE is about the only book where every unit is at least decent.
>>
>>49145409
So you want to have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>49145420
BL/CM/Renegade knight plus >>49145070
>>
>>49145383
So it's the same as the old 6th ed kill team?
>>
>>49145423

No, if it was up to me, the new rules would be used, but everyone else seems really bummed about them.

Which is why I'm asking, if someone wouldn't allow the new rules, would they at least allow a formation from the book? (Assuming if they do find the new rules okay, they'd also allow the formation.)
>>
What makes scat bikes super good? Legit question here, I have been out of the game for awhile.
>>
>>49145420
Who cares about the rules? Anyone who plays 40K at this point is a glutton for punishment and humiliation. Smart players switced to Aos already.

What we want is the fluff. Tell us the fluff.
>>
>>49145461
BS4
T4
3+ save
jetbike movement (which means, in addition to being fast they can bypass terrain entirely)
can jink
4 shot S6 ap4 gun on every guy
in TROOPS
>>
>>49145461
Undercosted, hits hard, fast and objective secured troop choice..
>>
>>49145475
>>49145477

Yea, that makes sense
>>
>>49145420
Hey, as a CSM players, all I want is to have fun. I don't care about being OP or supercompetitive. If i got to solid middle-of-the-road tier it's enough for me.

I only want to be able to field my beloved converted models as a coherent army with some synergy and make them feel unique. There is nothing special about playing chaos, you don't feel like you're playing this malevolent force of superhumans fueled by thousands of years of hate and mutations. You just smack things like a limp noodles and die in droves.

Don't give me a tourney-stomper. Give me actual fun.
>>
>>49145466
>What we want is the fluff. Tell us the fluff.
Ok

Necrons did it, everything.
>>
>>49145420
You're throwing out 4 strength 6 BS4 shots for 10 points extra. You're paying a lot for those guys, but they're also super-fast MEQs.

Against infantry you're only getting AP6, but the sheer number of s6 shots means that you're going to kill somebody. And you can chew through lighter vehicles pretty easily thanks to your superior mobility.

If you're worried about armor saves you can sub in a Shuriken Cannon for the same price (thanks Bladestorm!), but really the Scatter Laser is the best chioce.
>>
>>49145230

>Trying to argue terminators are more skilled than marines despite constant references to their hampered movement and bulk
>Argues Guardians should have the same skill as IG because lol civilians
>Doesn't realize Aspects get WS5 and a metric fuck tonne of special rules

It's time to stop. It's clear you don't read fluff and simply want favouritism.
>>
>>49143192
Wyverns and Knights.
>>
>>49143663
Bullshit. The only edition Eldar haven't been excellent is the edition they didn't get a codex for.
>>
>>49145531
There only so much you can do based on neckbeard hearsay in the LGS.
>>
>>49145475

>BS4
>T4
>3+ save

Irrelevant. It's entirely due to the disproportionate amount of s6 shooting on a jetbike troop.
>>
>>49145548
Yeah Eldar and Tau were fine back then. Tau had just gotten Fish of Fury nerfed thanks to 5e's updates, but they weren't shit or anything.

Probably the biggest swings since 5th edition would be that Grey Knights and Blood Angels went from stomping everyone to now being two of the worst non-Ork codexes.
>>
I don't know much about 40k and generally lurk, but I was looking at Deathwatch stuff and I see how people are arming their Squds, Heavy Bolters, Frag Cannons, Stalker Boltguns...

Can each of these men fire at a different target?
>>
>>49145559
It's part of it, if they were t3 with a 5+ save you could tear them outta the air with affordable ignore-cover.
>>
>>49145383

Not everyone wants to play 2k games, shock horror.
>>
>>49145578
No. In order to fire at a different target from the rest of his unit, a character needs the Split Fire rule. So most of the time all of your dudes in a squad will be firing at the same thing.

If your squad has a bunch of different weapon types, that can mean that some of the shots get wasted on something they can't hurt or don't do well against. But that's the price you pay for versatility.
>>
>>49143981
it goes the other way: guardians dublicate the role of dire avengers, since they are just the militia, drafted in the time of need...

I play eldar and when some of my guardians die, my buddies and I are always joking about how their marines killed parts of the whole civil infrastructure of my craftworld, like the local butcher, baker and carpenter etc....
>>
>>49145531
>terminators are not more skilled than marines because they're bulky
>skill = speed because fuck the english language I make my own definitions
>confuses aspect warriors with exarchs
>eldar conscripts NEED BS4 because their fluff wank is objective while you just favor space marines

>>49145559
Not irrelevant. Even before jinking, bikes were taken for their speed and toughness as objective grabbers.

BS4 is also extremely relevant when putting out 4 shots apiece at 36".
>>
>>49142881
Soooo... Has anyone actully seen Traitor's hate yet?

I'd like to think there's SOMETHING of note in it.
>>
>>49145617
Have you read the thread?
>>
>>49145609
Except for Ulthwe, which has their own standing army of Guardians.

It's an interesting carryover from the WFB High Elves -- the average Archers and Spearmen were civilian levies of the HE Kingdoms. Just average cobblers and bakers and farmers who get called up so they can face down the bad metal album illustrations that Malekith would send to wreck up the place every few years.

Your only other core choice was Seaguard: the professional soldiers who served on ships. In a neat parallel with Dire Avengers, they balanced attack and defense by carrying both bows and spears.
>>
>>49145603

huh... versatile and yet not
>>
>>49145628

Seems to be a boatload of memes and "lel chaos a shit" and very little else of value if I'm honest.

I'm just curious to what's in the book.
>>
>buy a 12 month subscription for the new white dwarf
>even says in the description the wd will be sent early to subscribers
>still no wd, even one day after release

thanks GW
>>
>>49145583

It wouldn't make a difference. They'd still be fast and strong enough to laser bukakke you before you get in range.

It's entirely due to the three scat lasers on minimal squads. It's a disproportionate amount of dakka on a dirt cheap unit. Jetbikes used to be solely for last minute objective grabbing and set in reserves most of the time. Survivability isn't the issue.
>>
>>49145663

u mad bro? XD
>>
>>49145650
Yeah, that's why it's usually best to outfit most of your dudes in a squad with something that will deal with most targets, and then only have a few with something more specialized.

>>49145663
Same ;_;

I'm hoping it comes tomorrow. It's my birthday!
>>
>>49145616

>Being so desperate as to pretend bulk wouldn't hinder movement
>Doesn't actually know about Aspect buffs
>Outright ignoring Guardian fluff

Embarrassing.
>>
>>49145656
Rehash of older supplements
Rehash of renegade knights
Rehash of SM vehicle squadrons (only the two for vehicles that CSM have. and no of course you can't have the LR formation IWND and Immunity to anything but explodes would be OP)
Literally renamed SM disciplines just tweaked to be worse.

Plus a few new formations that haven't been revealed.
>>
>>49145706
One of them is Kharn and 48 berzerkers probably so you know it's gonna be shit unless they get free land raiders.
>>
File: Maximum seedin'.gif (186KB, 346x335px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum seedin'.gif
186KB, 346x335px
>>49145706
>Rehash of older supplements

I thought they had sworn up and down that, that wouldn't be the case.

Unless it's some form of Decurion, this seem's horribly lazy.

>Rehash of renegade knights

Sadly, that was expected on some level. Same style that the BaC models made it into AoD.

>Rehash of SM vehicle squadrons (only the two for vehicles that CSM have. and no of course you can't have the LR formation IWND and Immunity to anything but explodes would be OP)

Are you kidding me? A gimped copiepaste job with bias?

>Literally renamed SM disciplines just tweaked to be worse.

Okay well.. Atleast they are goo-
>tweaked to be worse.
This... This is a joke right? I mean renaming I can deal with. But an active "you are worse" seems so far out of left field.

>Plus a few new formations that haven't been revealed.

Holding out hope for something slightly intresting then.. Through the 3 squads of possesed + a daemonprince isn't exactly confidence building material.
>>
>>49145686
>Being so desperate as to pretend veteran soldiers don't train in the use of their own equipment
>thinks I give a fuck about formation rules when talking about base stats
>I'm allowed to ignore your fluff but how dare you disregard mine
I'm not sure what to say, since it seems you're actually convinced veterans don't get any more skilled than raw recruits because of reasons, despite crunch and fluff to the contrary.
>>
>>49145732
Bet they have to run in one big blob so they can't embark in anything less than a colossus.

>>49145738
>This... This is a joke right? I mean renaming I can deal with. But an active "you are worse" seems so far out of left field.

Well "worse", you see as chaos their buffs need to have a drawback and their offense some silly affx like soul-blaze, now of course soul-blaze is a super powerful ability so they'll need to increase the warp charge cost.
>>
>>49145738
possessed are borderline usable, and a decent formation would be enough to tip them into a semi-casual army

I doubt they will get a decent formation
>>
>>49145761
Guardians aren't raw recruits, all have spent time in an aspect, many in multiples, butcher, bake, candlestick maker, that just what they've been doing the last 50 or so years, before than they've hundreds of thousands of years of active service.

The only thing they are guaranteed to never have been are Farseers, Autarchs and Exarchs.
>>
>>49145803
Scouts are, though.
>>
>>49145663
>>buy a 12 month subscription for the new white dwarf
>>even says in the description the wd will be sent early to subscribers
>>still no wd, even one day after release
>thanks GW

Same thing happened to me. They have fucked up and not sent a whole bunch of them. They are using the excuse that you didn't pre order early enough. I pre ordered 2 weeks ago.... Your subscription will start from issue 2.
>>
>>49145822
Even scouts hardly count as "raw", to even qualify for the SM initiation process applicant have to pass absolutely gruelling tests, duels, deathpits, and then there's surviving the implantation process.
>>
>>49145837
Right, but to think they're on the same level as guys who have been first company for centuries?

There's a reason older editions had some granularity in the stats. Veterans bridge the gap between mooks and heroes.
>>
>>49145795
>>49145738
You guys are ignoring the fact that the formation in Traitor's Hate is 99% a renamed "The Tormented" from the Crimson Slaughter book. Same units.
>>
Done with the NL rules, tell me what you think.
Mission objectives and tweaks following in the next version.
>>
>>49144136
>The idea is a cultural melting pot of different dedications.
But dedication to a single deity is heresy. They're degenerates who belong on a pike
>>
>>49145850
not bad, not great either

possessed really need some kind of movement buff
>>
So we do get new formations it seems.

Do note that its Hellforged _WAR_ Pack, not Hellforged Hunting Pack
>>
>>49145884
>those eighteen year old berserkers
>>
>>49145884
The Maelstrom of Gore is guaranteed to be shit since it's just a ton of expensive berserkers. Unless they get something too ridiculous to even consider like free assault claws or land raiders, which will never happen because the collective SM butthurt would cause a new eye of terror to open.

Hellforged Hunting and Warpck use the same models so odds are its just renamed. Same with Chaos Warband and the Black Legion Warband. Both use same models, not a stretch to assume they are the same thing with slightly different names.

Raptor Talon and Heldrake Terror pack are the only ones that might be decent and I'd argue only as long as the Warp Talons aren't mandatory.
>>
File: YouTried.jpg (89KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
YouTried.jpg
89KB, 250x250px
>>49142920
>AV15

I wish it wasn't a 24in resin RoB tile. I wish it wasn't $200. Or $100.
Or $50. Also:
"Experimental rules ... sanction not yet granted."

Welp.
>>
So instead of all the spikey gitz whining, how do we fix orks?
>>
>>49145915
You paint yourself green, grab a fireaxe and go psycho at Warhammer World in Nottingham. That's the only way Orks will win in the end.
>>
>>49145915
T5 nobs
power weapons

in a naught
>>
>>49145908
>Hellforged Hunting and Warpck use the same models
They dont. Warpack has Helbrute in there, Hunting Pack doesnt have it.

Might still be the same thing thou.
>>
File: WW.jpg (86KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg
86KB, 250x250px
>>49143676
>i enjoy sucking cocks
>swallowing
>wiping my chin with a smile
>and paying for the privilege

Whoah. Looks like you made the dumbest post in the thread, sport.

Congrats.
>>
>>49145962
Ah, my bad then. Could be just the same thing with added Helbrute.

On a side note, isn't it transparent how if a formation has copies of a model or unit and a single one that sticks out, the rule usually hinges on the one that sticks out. Ergo the Warpsmith or the Helbrute will provide a bonus if within range.
>>
>>49145947
that's just kunning enuff to werk...
>>
>49145995
Ded sneeky too. Nobody expects it.
>>
>>49143377
I have 10 infront of me including a contemptor and a leviathan.
>>
>>49145650
>>49145603
>>49145578

Every deathwatch 'special' unit adds a unique rule to the squad. Terminators, for instance, have fearless.
Bikers are the ones who add split fire.
The important thing is that it's still only one unit, but it doesn't have to be the biker.
So you can use your ubergrenadelauncher or heavyflamerbolter or whatnot to get shit done.
>>
So when are deathwatch going to be added to the rules database?
>>
>>49146179
when someone cares enough.
>>
>>49146179
when GW FAQS them so that their half written rules start to make sense
>>
File: IMG_0699.jpg (3MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0699.jpg
3MB, 2592x1936px
>>49143676
Woah, might be on to something.

I just started work on my Possessed and Warp Talons.

< Dumbest guy in this place.
>>
>>49145915
6th Edition Mob Rule

Cheaper Boyz. 4 points a model. 2 points per model for Ard Boy upgrade.

Marginally cheaper everything else.
>>
>>49146285
You mean 5th.

Really old codex with new shit added on, at least a 40% improvement.
>>
Where are the deathwatch scans? There's nothing in the mega
>>
>>49146310
>Scans
>>
File: Codex DW draft.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Codex DW draft.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49146310
>>
>>49146300

The old mob rule was shit as it only benefitted boys - all aspekt squads/nobs saw zero benefit in practical terms.
>>
>>49146332
And now everything is shit including the mob rule.
>>
>>49145884
can we at least get a shitty decurion?

>>49145915
feel no pain buffs stack, all guns add +1 shot, remove ld table replace with stubborn, orks ignore unwieldly, big choppas gain ap3, choppas gain ap5
>>
>>49143164
They're fine for Casual play. But if you want to do a lot of tournaments I'd not bother.
>>
File: 1472086306185.jpg (85KB, 650x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472086306185.jpg
85KB, 650x720px
>>49146331
Holy shit I never knew that you could upload .pdfs to 4chan as images

Mind=blown
>>
I'm theoricrafting with a friend who just got back into the game since 3rd and he thinks the CSM codex is amazing and can handle Eldar before "Noise marines have ignores cover and FnP, that is ridiculously effective! Force them to jink so they can't scatterlaser you and even then I can withstand the AP4 with my armour and then FnP!". Upon telling him then he has the rest of the enemy army to contend with, he just says "I have mine!"

As a CSM player since 5th, I find this both adorable and frustrating. I'm urging him to play a game with them so he sees how theorycrafting is no substitute for practical experience.
>>
File: 1467697969765.jpg (96KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1467697969765.jpg
96KB, 1200x807px
>>49146594
He also think mark of slaanesh's +1I is better for CC than Mark of Khorne/Icon of Wrath combo because you get to hit first.
>>
>>49146594
>>49146607
kek
>>
>>49146580
You can only in some boards.
>>
>>49146607
Extra I and FNP means they'll do better vs skilled enemies.

Khorne are better at killing trash.
>>
Would a kill team made up of the Red Terror and three Raveners work, or would I be screwed by no synapse and low model count?
>>
>>49146704
Low model count probably won't be so bad. Lack of synapse will be an issue. Coukd be worth a try though.
>>
>>49146594
Why would they jink if A) you have ignores cover and B) you don't have AP3

Nope. Will take three wyverns anyday.
>>
>>49146701
khorne is better at killing everything since you drown them in s5 attacks
>>
>>49143058

Orks could probably stand to be rolled into a general "Enemies of the Imperium" codex, along with CSM.
>>
>>49146701
It's a numbers game though. Hitting first means shit if you don't have the punch to capitalise on it. Meanwhile Khorne mark/icon re-rolls charges so you get there, +1S so easier to wound, extra attacks due to Rage and if you get charged, you still get some extra attacks. So what if you lose a few dudes?
>>
>>49146754
S5 don't help much if you get half your shit chopped up at I5

And after turn 1 you're just s4 again.
>>
>>49146750
Yeah I told him that too. you'd just get shot off the board in his turn.
>>
>>49143771

The one thing that has always royally pissed me off with Chaos players complaining is that they have the perfectly fine option of just picking a 30K army for their legion of choice. Whereas my Orks have received even less love from GW over the years but to add insult to injury they went and discontinued our Forgeworld support and show not the slightest inclination to ever continue it again. We're stuck with one option and one option only.

For fuck's sake, we don't even have allies. CSM can at least grab some Daemons in, or use Renegades. Best we can do is ally in a Knight who keeps looking at us funny.
>>
>>49146750
Well there's always the blastmaster.
>>
>>49146789
And out closest ally is CSM...
>>
Is anybody going to update the black library files with the new Horus Heresy books?
>>
>>49146772
>S5 don't help much if you get half your shit chopped up at I5
except you wont get half your shit chopped up at I5
>>
>>49146789
you can add a renegade knight that is allies of convinience

and model-wise orks got a shitload more then csm in recent years, whose kits are mostly ancient, half is finecast and a lot of options are without models.
>>
>>49146732

I'm thinking the upgrades are a no-brainer anyhow:

25 points left over. Deduct 15 to get rending claws for everyone. Last ten buy a deathspitter for one member, as they'll be failing instinctive behaviour most of the time anyhow and wanting to run if they get a shooting phase in the early game. No other upgrade options exist.

Leader trait of Zealot for the Red Terror, making his vore if four attacks hit ability a ton more reliable. (Do fearless and zealot let you auto-pass instinctive behaviour?)

Indomitable specialist with eternal warrior as protection from missile launcher instant splatting.

Geurilla specialist for assault grenades.

And a weapon specialist with reaping volley, which allows the deathspitter Ravener to target it's shots at multiple targets to try to get a bit of anti-horde. Not likely to happen with LD6, but I could get lucky.
>>
>>49146845
Tankbustas, mek, wierdboys, komandoes, big gun (not mek guns) are resin.
GWstore deffkopta is metal
And doe we need to repost the Wartrakk/Warbuggy models?
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 600x750px
Question.

When firing at a vehicle you target the hull for range purposes.
So the turret and the gun would not count.
But when firing a vehicle you meseaure from the gun it self. I assume it is from the part of the gun that does the shooting. (End of the barrel)

If that is true does it mean I could hide an Exorcist behind a Rhino size cover denied line of sight against my tank but keep shooting mine since the gun is way up in the air?
>>
>>49146869
yes you get your 25% obscured cover save.
>>
>>49146869

Is that a C'tan model?
>>
>>49146898
eks dee epig meem famalamadindong 11/3
>>
>>49146882
I know I get the cover save.

But I get to hide completely from line of sigh and keep shooting? Just by how the rules are written it seems possible.

With SoB I'll take any cheese advantage I can get, but within the rules.
>>
>>49143238
Nobody else got full updates either.
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 633x198px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 633x198px
>>49146931
>>
>>49146770
Shaky comparison though...
KBerks are 19 pts a model. 17+2 makes Slaneeshi raptors the closest comparison, pointswise.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1024x1024px
>>49146961
So yes the organ pipes do not count.

Sweet. I can hide my metal box behind a box. Shoot you but can't be shot in return.
>>
>>49146863
.mek is plastic (one as a single kit, one in the loota box)

-except for Kharn all named chars are from 2nd edition (lucius is 3rd.) and finecast
-only have a single bike model, the finecast upgrade is gone
-noise marines are pathetic, being only a gun upgrade with 1 shoulder pad and head. Previous editions were more unique
-TS are torso upgrades in finecast, which is fine but very expensive
-Zerkers are fuckold and ugly and the kit does not fit the csm as arms/weapons are thicker then the others.
-No demonic steeds, or bike for lord/sorceror
-sorceror is only a single model, nothing exists to model axe/staff for power armored
-Termi lord/sorceror has 0 options for chaos marks
-obliterators/mutilators are among the worst models gw ever made
-only 2 models in the last 4years (helbrute and Kharn)
-only a headswap for showing marked CSM
-cultists are only boring DV kit sapfit (4 poses for pistol 4 for rifle)
>>
>>49147008
You derserve whatever you've gt coming then.
>>
5 Warp Talons in an Assault Vehicle. Decent?
>>
File: file.png (307KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
307KB, 600x620px
>>49147016
Big mek.

Noone give a fuck about regular meks.

>-Zerkers are fuckold and ugly and the kit does not fit the csm as arms/weapons are thicker then the others.

How is this for old, ugly and incompatible.
>>
>>49147024
Muahahahahaaha fear my T3! Over expensive unites! And ridiculous amount of single shot weapons!

Also going to use FW models! The 75 points Rhino! Tremble before my 4 edition old rules!
>>
>>49147016
i forgot
-no chosen kit except for single pose DV without swappable weapons
-havocs are finecast with one gun of each, meaning you would need to buy 4 sets for a complete squad
-no demonweapon as models
-terminator kit is old amd has only a limited subset of available weapon options (no power swords, no combi-plasma)
-nothing for demonic possession of a vehicle
-no models for combi-weapons for power armor
>>
>>49147072
Don't car about edition, you start to swing the book at people don't expect them to hold back, even if they're stronger.
>>
>>49147086
Using the rules is wrong now? Good to know.
>>
>>49147121
Oh man i SO hope you get someone who knows how to read poorly worded rules JUST right.
>>
>>49147121
Even though it might be technically correct, rules lawyering that gets around the INTENT of the rules aggravates people.
>>
>>49147063

>Noone give a fuck about regular meks.

The mek exists solely to eat challenges.
>>
>>49147200
and make loota boxes 20% less useful.
>>
>>49147140
>>49147147
I know it is cheesy and abusing, but let's be honest when the game has free transport, broken rules for free, free upgrades, models that ignore rules and models that are way to cheap for what they bring to the game and when everyone and their mother can drop tank busting weapons right behind a tank from thin air.

Using cover in a old and bad army is oh so wrong and sinful.

Chill down the entire situation is so oddly to happen that is mainly a theoritical excersice.
>>
>>49147214

Well he does help lootas and burnas with mob rule.
>>
>>49147008
Sorry, but the organ pipes are a hull-mounted weapon, and can only fire with 45 degrees of straight up.

Hope your opponent brought fliers.
>>
haven't been keeping up with the meta for a while
what are the armies useful in tournaments now?
>>
>>49147321
Eldar, SM, Tau, Necrons, Daemons Summon Spam
>>
So we know CSM are shite, I play 'em, but how effective are they against the other regular dexes that aren't full-on cheese?

And let's not assume those armies will bring the cheesiest units with them along for the ride. So just because you face a particular SM chapter or supplements doesn't mean they'll grav/flier spam
>>
>>49147399
About 30-40% less powerful, higher price, worse options.

If the chaos player tries to cheese and only take HIS best it narrows a bit.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 1536x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 1536x634px
R8 list.
>>
>>49147425
0/10
Cant see options or model count.

You might as well have just typed 3x fist of Khorne.
>>
>>49147033
Unless the assault vehicle is a blackstar, keep looking.
Jump packs don't fit in metal bawkses.
>>
>>49147447
Fist Of Khorne must have 20 zerkers each and they can take minimal options anyway.
>>
>>49147332
At least the Deamon summoning spam is fun for someone. And well the Eldar can get some fun if he says "pew pew pew" when shooting maybe both players can have some fun.

The rest I'm not sure how people are having fun, but that is none of my bunnies.
>>
>>49147454
I was thinking a Land Raider.
>>
>>49147465
So 410 points total to deliver 160 points of mediocre assault unts?
>>
>>49147465

You thought wrong.
>>
I'm interested in making a Nightlords warband for display purposes and really like the forge world add ons but they're insanely expensive.

How good are the chinaman versions of them and where do I find them?
>>
>>49147502
Chinaman recast are between Finecast quality, Forge World fuck up to I can't tell which one is the real one.

Also the recasters tell people not to share their contacts, but Reddit assholes share it all the time.
>>
>>49147425
tau have intercept/10
>>
>>49142881
Alright everyone it's done.
Very raw first draft, basically just began working on general CSM.

Give me your thoughts and ideas lads.
>>
>>49147485
Not everyone has NemesisWraithStormKnight with Double D for the cost of a Chimera anon-chan
>>
>>49147425
Don't you lose automatically turn one with no units on the board?
>>
>>49147606
There a gap from that and then just throwing your points away.
>>
>>49147606
The point was that you cant shove jump infantry into normal transports.
>>
>>49147578
How do I get the info without going to plebbit?

Does any one know what a nightlords squad would cost?
>>
>>49147626
Most are invite only, so you don't.
>>
>>49147621
but the landraider isnt a normal transport, its the greatest unit in the entire game.
>>
>>49147647
Point still stands: cant shove Warp Talons into Land Raiders.
>>
>>49147632
The super secret club nonsense is pretty gay.

>>49147626
There's some recasters still active on allie express, ranges can be limited though but its normally a safe bet.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 500x332px
>>49147613
True, I just felt a little salty. That's all.

Side note picture related. How it feels when Eldar, Necron, Tau and Marines bitch about Dominion, Celestine, Exorcist and Repressors.
>>
>>49147670
Has that ever happened?
>>
>>49147663
So is C&D mail, website takedown and paypal freezes whenever a dumb fuck posts info on a public forum.
>>
>>49147663
To be fair the secrecy is due to idiots going full retard and forcing GW to take action. Just like Christian when first started.

I am frightened by the crowd.
For we are getting much too loud.
And they'll crush us if we go too far.
If we go too far....

https://youtu.be/g-voeq7Cebo
>>
>>49147662
Yes you can.. it can transport bulky models which both terminators and warp talons are.. it's just a bad idea, apparently.
>>
>>49147686
Yes to both. Tentacle and bitching about SoB unites.
>>
>>49147716
It's not bulky that stops them from going in the transport, but type:jump infantry not being type:infantry.
>>
>>49147730
I can see nothing in the reference sheet saying jump pack units can't ride on transports that allow Bulky models.
>>
>>49147747
Aight, fair enough i found it in the actual rulebook. That sheet really needs a fucking update.
>>
>>49147760
It's a reference sheet, not a hand-holding tool.
>>
>>49147221
>It's okay when I do it.

Kill yourself anythime compadre.
>>
>>49143981
dire avengers are trained aspect warriors. guardians are just civilians plucked from the craftworld when numbers are low
read the codex if you haven't, it goes over (most of) this
>>
>>49147775
A reference sheet IS a hand-holding tool!

>I'll make this sheet so people don't have to browse through the rulebook fatter than a black woman stereotype
>Still have to browse through the rulebook
>>
>>49147791
Do you know how the eldar path system works?
>>
>>49147804
Like battlescribe it's not meant to replace the actual rulebook and codexes, you are still expected to read and understand those first, THEN you can use the quick reminders.
>>
>>49147221
The existence of exploitable rules is not justification for its abuse. If an Eldar player spams Scatbikes, that's just as much abuse as a minor cover loophole. The extent of damage may vary, but it's all the same thing.
>>
>>49147831
To be fair if someone is cheesing the fuck out with wraith, free stuff, etc someone abusing a loophole with an underdog army is not the same thing.

Like in a non tournament game, bringing the most broken and op thing is very dickish if not worst than the cover loophole for a shit and squated army.
>>
>>49147290
>>
>>49147882
Then they are a turret and so a targetable piece..
>>
So, thanks for posting scans, what''s the verdict on Deathwatch? They look extremely cool both as models and in ruLes, but they look like allies, not viable as a single army.

I want to try them with Marheens or guard tho.
>>
Any killteam PDF link yet?
>>
>>49147893
They are the closest to a porper army of all the smaller dexes.

About the same level as GK.
>>
>>49147804

Crazy thing, if the reference sheet had all the little rules you find in the CRB...

... It would be as thick as the CRB.
>>
File: 1467212895358.jpg (478KB, 1010x756px) Image search: [Google]
1467212895358.jpg
478KB, 1010x756px
Do you have to fire snap shots if you Run with Battle Focus in the shooting phase?
My friend says yes.
>>
>>49147950
What does your codex say?
>>
>>49147940
And the same overlong wording, examples of play, example pictures, art, borders, lore-boxes...

>>49147950
No
>>
File: 1448580944586.gif (915KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
1448580944586.gif
915KB, 200x161px
Was talking to some friends last night about the coming advancements in lore etc. As a Guard player I'm actually looking forward to being the anonymous foot solider whilst everyone else is ascending to Godhood or powering up. Having zero say in what happens on a cosmic level is what got me into the guard and I hope they continue to be the faceless protectors of humanity as the lore goes on. Just me?
>>
>>49147967
I know I don't. But he's never going to just let me have it if other people don't chime in.
>>
>>49143238
Daemons are absolutely fine. One of the strongest codizes currently
>>
>>49147891
Everything except the pipes, which are the barrels of the gun and thus exempt.
>>
>>49147982
Yes on a planet of over 6 billion people you are entirely unique.
>>
File: Daemons_of_Tzeentch0.jpg (259KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons_of_Tzeentch0.jpg
259KB, 1000x768px
>>49143238
>Daemons
>need overhaul
Someone who doesn't play Daemons detected.
>>
>>49148012
not him but i DO wish they'd get new stuff of some kind for mono-god armies
>>
>>49147873
Depends on what sort of game you're looking for.

This is why GW products are so deeply flawed. They leave too much of the balance in the hands of the player. I'm not saying all other games are balanced perfectly but GW especially like to force players to restrict themselves rather than restricting them in the rules.
>>
>>49148017
Dude grab curse of the wulfen.
mono lists possible
relics and warlord traits for each god
all gods except khore got 7 psychic powers now
>>
>>49148007
wew lad, you know I was looking for people to agree with me rather than being special. Get fucked.
>>
I hope to god the hellforged warpack doesn't actually force me to use a Helbrute, hate that fucking thing. Hoping you can choose freely between mauler/forgefiend and helbrute. Love me some dinobots.
>>
>>49148091
>wew lad, you know I was looking for people to agree with me rather than being special.
Really? I had absolutely no idea⸮
>>
>>49148072
In tournament cheese the fuck out. Go for the most broken thing ever

Outside of it? Be gentleman there is no need to bring the StormWraith wing formation of free shit. Unless both of the players agree to go full out to test tournament list.
>>
>>49145070
I bet Blessing of the Machine will give Demonic Possession instead of Power of the Machine Spirit.
>>
>>49148138
>I like the comp rules for tournaments. I think it adds an interesting angle to the game where you can handicap yourself for free points or you can go balls to the wall and just try and dominate games to the point where no one can keep up.

It's interesting to me to see that dynamic.
>>
>>49148165
With immediate nomtest.
>>
>>49148114
We're anon dude, I've got no face to save. You've got no reason to be a dick.

This is all very pointless.
>>
>>49148182
The thing is for tournament the waac mentality is rather encourage even waacfag is accepted.

Outside of that, waac mentality in a wargame is just being an asshole. Try to win, but winning at all cost, is rather questionable.
>>
File: 1420675297772.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1420675297772.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>>49148087
>all gods except khore got 7 psychic powers now
Its time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw
>>
yeah guise, im a tournament tau player and ive been playing a long time but theres one thing i can never seem to defeat, the land raider.

how do i beat land raiders? they are so tough and durable and points efficient. im at a loss, ive tried dual stormsurge but even then they struggle to dfeat the land raider.

wut do?
>>
>>49148192
Ignore him, he's a waste of his dad's balljuice.

Even as a CSMer I know what you mean though, there's that strong underdog flavour a regular guardsman represents which is what attracts so many to the army. With enough men, there's nobody the IG can't kill.
>>
>>49148247

Why would someone do that, go on the internet and lie?
>>
>>49148238
I disagree on that. I have no issue with WAAC as long as the game is tight enough. Something like Warmachine works fine, the rules are tight enough to allow someone to go balls to the wall and still have a reasonable game out of it. When stuffs as poorly balanced as 40k you can't do that.
>>
>>49148192
Of course I know the feel, I play Orks, to hell with destiny, fate, grand schemes and titles.

Bash da git in front, take 'is 'at, now bash da next git, keep goin til you're da une who got bashed.
>>
File: warmachine is hardcore bruh.png (2MB, 1218x1637px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine is hardcore bruh.png
2MB, 1218x1637px
>>49148309
yeah im a WAAC player too. im cool
>>
>>49148336
Page 5 was always tongue in cheek and GW used to do the exact same shit in the 80s. Metal heads used to be the core demographic for wargaming as that shifted we lost the over the top ironic stuff that was fun.
>>
The new kill team rules should be available now, am I right? Can anyone take a picture of the major changes from the previous edition?
>>
>>49148481
Sure, soon as you buy it for me.
>>
>>49143058
I like my scions, 2 para in space is fun but as someone with no knowledge of the regular codex cycles and the thought that goes into them I can definitely see them being absorbed into a larger force and losing their minidex.
>>
Missile Pod support turrets good? I need more anti-tank and I have some points to spare. Can bring 4 to the table. Can they be affected by markerlights along with the rest of the squad?
>>
>>49148490
sorry, i r peassant
>>
>>49148481
Been lurking 40k threads looking for this too.
>>
How do I remove DRM from epub?
>>
>>49145680
Happy Birthday!
>>
>>49148192
>We're anon dude, I've got no face to save. You've got no reason to be a dick.
>
>This is all very pointless.

You're right, hell I just remembered I promised myself not to be unnecessarily antagonistic on the internet, not even sure when I broke that promise.
>>
>>49145884
Wait... Didn't that dinobot formation just come out as a Blacklegion one minus the dreadnaught?
>>
>>49148842
Yes it did. Some of them are rehashes. We'll know soon enough if it's the same thing though. Either way that's a big tax already. even with 2 maulerfiends that's 450 points basic
>>
>>49148853
>>49148853
>>49148853

Aw hell, it's all over my fingers
>>
>>49145908

Between KDK, CS, BL, and various FW dataslates, near about any CSM unit has been in a formation at this point, in any likely combination.

The question wasn't whether these formations would 'look like' existing ones, of course they would. The question is whether they 'actually are' new formations just reprinted, and that seems unlikely at this point.

So it seems likely that these are new formations - ie new sets of special rules layered over these units. Whether or not there's any hope in that comes down entirely to whether you think the problems with CSMs are the sorts of things a band-aid CAN fix. If you don't think so, then it never mattered whether these formations were new or old to begin with.
>>
>>49148899
* whether they 'actually are' new formations, or are just old ones reprinted. It seems unlikely that they're reprints at this point, because the names/units don't exactly line up. *
>>
>>49146594
Had a player in my group claim that Wraithknight spam was not OP... FFS. I guess a few dedicated lists can beat it, but in a tournament setting, where you have to make all comers lists they are insane. They are capable of destroying large swathes of infantry with small stomps, elite characters with the big stomp and vehicles with ranged D. Curiously he never had time to play the scheduled game against such a list...
>>
>>49148244
That was an excellent movie. Our friend tricked us into watching it thinking it was comedy like American Pie. Hooo booooyyyy.
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.