[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/btg/ - Battletech General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 94

File: Zero Fucks.jpg (185KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Fucks.jpg
185KB, 600x1200px
"Honor Thy PBI" Edition

Old Thread: >>49067293

================================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE [Embed]

(Haha!) TtS: Butte Hold
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5ggig1wz21l8r0/
E-CAT35SN210_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_Butte_Hold.pdf

================================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
Question about VTOLs, since TW isn't very clear: does a unit using VTOL movement get a +1 TH modifier offensively and defensively in addition to its normal modifiers? TW just cites it as being "like jumping" with reference to the modifier, and I can't find the specifics for the life of me.
>>
>>49127959
+1 to anything attacking them. Also applies to all airborne non aerospace units, such as WIGES and BA or infantry with VTOL capability.

Tables on pages 117 and 307 and the "To-Hit Modifiers" entry on page 196 in the VTOL section spell it out clearly.
>>
File: WoB White Out hits Tikonov.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WoB White Out hits Tikonov.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: gadgetcopter.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gadgetcopter.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>49128200
>infantry with VTOL capability

The wot now?
>>
File: VTOL_Infantry.jpg (24KB, 278x344px) Image search: [Google]
VTOL_Infantry.jpg
24KB, 278x344px
>>49129651
TRO:3085, my man

I think flying mounts also use the same type of movement, so stuff like Branth riders and those Lyran LotR Giant Eagle riders probably use the same rules.

Plus also the Slyph for the clans which is even older.
>>
>>49129992
I just can't get behind personal micro copters. Since you can fit four guys per section in the micro VTOL platoons I always imagined them as Delta Operators riding Little Bird helicopters strait out of Blackhawk Down.

They're not as fast as they should be but they are otherwise right on since they still have 1 ground movement for "dismounting".
>>
>>49128200
Huh, thought there was something different with em - thanks anon.
>>
4 scenarios written.
46 record sheets printed.
10 map sheets currently flattening overnight under heavy books.

I bought the 4th Ed boxed set, First Strike and CityTech 2 back in 2000.

I've been waiting a long time to do a BTech campaign with a bunch of players, and tomorrow it's finally happening. :-D
>>
>>49131117
Good luck! I really should bone up on some lore related stuff so I'd be comfortable running a game. I know little more than the bare bones really.

Or I could just pester my friend to run it.
>>
>>49130429
That's the nice thing about the mechanized infantry rules, you can ignore the art and picture it as little birds, mraps, and jeeps if you want. You can even get micro armor models if you want minis for them.
>>
File: BT infantry.jpg (87KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
BT infantry.jpg
87KB, 500x359px
>>49130429
>Since you can fit four guys per section in the micro VTOL platoons I always imagined them as Delta Operators riding Little Bird helicopters strait out of Blackhawk Down.

Well yes, their class covers both individual microchoppers and choppers that are too thin-skinned to matter in-game. So those four guys could be using an AĆ©rospatiale Alouette III-equivalent as well.
>>
File: based pimp atlas.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
based pimp atlas.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>49131117
Good luck anon.
>>
>>49131481
>So those four guys could be using an AĆ©rospatiale Alouette III-equivalent as well.
[Rhodesia noises]
>>
File: 1320279818234.jpg (102KB, 1272x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1320279818234.jpg
102KB, 1272x1000px
>>49131117
Congrats on joining a small and pretty exclusive club. Good luck, kick ass, and may the OP4 always roll just well enough to make the PCs sweat.
>>
File: matsumoto14_tech_readout.jpg (1MB, 2359x3161px) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto14_tech_readout.jpg
1MB, 2359x3161px
>... and here he is! Achilles' robot, the new "Matsumoto XIV", facing off with the Confederations Kobalevsky XXXXII.
>>
>>49133676
Newb here, mech on the left? I have a toy of that.
>>
File: defender.jpg (41KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
defender.jpg
41KB, 266x400px
>>49135796
>Newb here, mech on the left? I have a toy of that.

In Battletech, it's the 60 ton RFL-3N Rifleman.
In Macross, it's the Destroid Defender.
In Robotech, they referred to it as "Raidar X".
>>
>>49133556

Problem with that is that four guys in BT can't take on larger forces reliably unless you're using a bunch of optional rules and the disparity in equipment and experience is massive.

I love the idea but I just don't realistically see them doing anything but patrols and spotting .
>>
Were the Cicada -3F and -3G only made in the FWL?
>>
>>49136589

IIRC the Cicada is only made in the FWL, so yeah.

If you want to see who uses them check the MUL though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (706KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
706KB, 3264x2448px
>>49135843
My robotech box set has them listed as Defender Destroid. Sorry for shit pic
>>
File: raidarx_matchbox.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
raidarx_matchbox.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
>>49137665
>My robotech box set has them listed as Defender Destroid. Sorry for shit pic

Oh. I was going by the TV show and the old die-cast toys that Matchbox turned out (pic related) in conjunction with it. IIRC, Palladium also used the same names for the Robotech RPG that they made.

Really, we're all talking about the same robot, though.
>>
>>49137851
Yea, 4, maybe 5 different names for the same mech.

On another note, who want to glue a literal 2 gallons of splines together for me? I never got around to it after receiving robotech RPG tactics, so I litterly have a box of 70 spline sheets.
>>
For those that have played Alpha Strike is the points system good for balance? I want to demo a few games with a Star of Falcons against a couple lances of Lyrans.

They're both at 300 points and the Falcons have a distinct advantage in piloting skill (4 skill 3s and 1 skill 2, compared to the Lyrans 6 skill 4s, 1 skill 5 and 1 skill 3) but I'm worried that the numbers advantage will outweigh that
>>
>>49138300
The point system is pretty good at the moment. It has a noticeable hole with low-armour, high-TMM units, especially if they have high firepower to go with it (Dashers, for example). However, we're working to patch that right now.

Numbers definitely matter, though I can't tell you how 8 on 5 is going to go, but terrain use is really going to make the difference. Also, can the Falcons hold the range on the map you're playing on? Because they'll hit once in a while at long whereas the Lyrans are going to miss the vast majority of the time.

There's lots of variables.
>>
>>49138379
It's going to be a city fight since I have a ton of printed dropzone commander buildings

Shrike 1: Skill 2
Loki Prime: Skill 3
Thor B: Skill 3
Mad Cat Prime: Skill 3
Jupiter 1: Skill 3
VS
King Crab 009: Skill 4
Atlas III D3: Skill 4
Zeus 9S2: Skill 4
Eisenfaust 7X: Skill 4

Griffin 6S: Skill 4
Wolfhound 5: Skill 3
Uziel 2S: Skill 4
Ghost 5O: Skill 5
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 850x1100px
This is out today, I'll upload it soon
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 284x178px
>>49138020
M8, what are you going on about? Do you mean sprues?
>>
>>49135843
Dang, that plagiarism was insane...
>>
>>49135636
Dude! Did you stat out literally every mech ever seen in the US in the 80s while bored in school?
>>
>>49136139
Just give em Mauser 1200s?

[happy blakist noises]
>>
File: guges-h_tech_readout.jpg (757KB, 1280x1674px) Image search: [Google]
guges-h_tech_readout.jpg
757KB, 1280x1674px
>>49138020
>Yea, 4, maybe 5 different names for the same mech.

It gets more confusing when Harmony Gold applies the original Macross name from one mech to a different mech in the same show!

>>49139014
>Dude! Did you stat out literally every mech ever seen in the US in the 80s while bored in school?

No, I eventually stopped in the early 1990's.
>>
What does /btg/ think of X pulse lasers?
Also I can't be the only one who dreams of a Victor Li with freezers can I?
>>
>>49140855
X pulse are what IS pulse were always supposed to be
>>
>>49140855

>What does /btg/ think of X pulse lasers?

Pretty pointless really. By the time they're available, and at the rules level you can get them at, you might as well be equipping your experimental/well-resourced designs and units with Clan tech. Doubly so in the Dark Age where you can get things more easily from the Foxes.
>>
>>49140855
They run too hot to really be boated. The Large especially. For 14 heat, I'll take an ER PPC and 8 hexes of range, even if I don't have the -2. The Medium is aggressively okay at best.
>>
File: MFW I have no face.jpg (34KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
MFW I have no face.jpg
34KB, 385x500px
>>49140855
I like them, but only because my flesh melts off when I think about mounting Clan armaments on Inner Sphere hardware.
>>
>>49138462
In a cityfight it's going to depend on who can keep together and who is going to let themselves get broken up. The range advantage is lost unless you've got some long boulevards. None of the units posted wind up using the current PV broken spots. Overall, it seems okay, and I'd be interested to hear how it went for you and how you felt the PV represented how things were handled. Have fun.
>>
To Herbert A. Beas II, Joel Bancroft-Connors, Craig Erne, Chris Hartford, Kenā€™ Horner, Nick Marsala, Mike Miller, Jim Rapkins, Ben H. Rome, and Paul Sjardijn, I would just like to express my heartfelt feelings on A Time of War, a product you all invested such great amounts of your lives into.

*ahem*

I HOPE YOU COCKSUCKING MONGLOIDS ALL DIE IN A SHIT FIRE FOR THIS FUCKING ABOMINATION OF A CUNTING RULESET. IF YOU HAD SPENT 5 MINUITES RUBBING YOUR TWO COLLECTIVE BRAIN CELLS TOGETHER YOU MIGHT HAVE COME UP WITH A SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T SUCK GORILLA BALLS, BUT YOU WERE TOO BUSY SUCKING AN ANACONDA'S COCK AND THIS FUCKING SHIT CAME OUT. THE LAYOUT IS SHIT, THE RULES ARE UNBALANCED, YOUR LIFEPATH SYSTEM SUCKS, AND WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU THINK THIS EMBARRASSMENT OF AN RPG WAS PUBLISHABLE? YOU WOULD HAVE LITTERALLY BEEN BETTER OFF STEALING FATAL'S RULES. DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE
>>
File: 1472598468692.jpg (324KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
1472598468692.jpg
324KB, 1280x757px
>>49143355
>>
>>49143355

...we <told> you to use Mechwarrior 3e...
>>
>>49143403
I actually find ATOW easier than MW3 for some reason. I think it's just long experience combined with a few choice houserules to mitigate the utter stupidity of how Equipped and issued gear works, among a couple other things.
>>
battlebump
>>
>>49143355
ITG in da house!
>>
I think the foundational issue I have with aToW is that "We're changing the 2D6 mechanics just because"

The game could easily have been done to play almost exactly like standard Battletech if they'd just made modifiers affect the TN, and not the die roll.

Instead, the system feels like it's been turned on it's head.

Also, Herb had a strange way of doing the math for animals HP. In trying to make it work with TacOps' mounted infantry rules, in the Beta, he ended up making Elephants that could take Heavy Gauss Rifle rounds and survive, but be punched unconscious by an average Mechwarrior. I think they "Fixed" it in the new version by halving the HP... but it's not much better. Also, just about everything that has taken fatigue damage can "rest" and regain something like half of their fatigue points, waking back up immediately the next turn after falling unconscious.

Still, the fact that it is a 2D6 system and doesn't hide the damage-to-wounds table in some obscure place in the book instead of dead-center in the tables section at the back is nice. It is also a lot easier to wrap your head around once the game is in play. Chardev with the lifepaths is a nightmare, though. Also 75 pages of "Equipment" to pour through only to discover you can't touch a third of it until you blow something like 400 XP in Equipped. If only it were color coded to reflect that.

It has problems, but it's what happens when you put all the work on one guy, and during the beta he said "I don't want your opinions on the system, I just want you to check for errors"

Also I find it strange that whenever I asked the devs how to get around the fact that the lifepaths system dumps you with more level 1 skills than you can effectively fit on your character sheets if you deviate in the least bit from a vanilla character, they would tell me to "Just use the points-based chargen"... the one that the book said was for NPCs only.
>>
>>49130429
It's a bit silly, but on the other hand... if we've had jump-pack infantry since the game was founded, some heli-packs aren't the silliest thing out there.

For that matter, FWL dragon-riding infantry.
>>
>>49145106
>FWL dragon-riding infantry.

It blows that they don't exist anymore, if only for the fact that the space dragons are endangered as fuck if not extinct by the DA. Yet the lesser branth still clogs up spaceports and dropships all over the sphere like super space dragon rats. It's just not fair.
>>
>>49138729
Yea, sorry. Too many words in my noggin.
>>
>>49145256
t.Coleman
Dark age really does have to destroy everything even remotely fun or silly about the setting, doesn't it?
>>
>>49145593
>The last of the five original great pirate worlds becomes a regular member of the FWL by the DA

Yes. Yes it does.
>>
>>49145673
>The last of the five original great pirate worlds becomes a regular member of the FWL by the DA
>all three of the major periphery states are effectively gone
>the circinians are dead
>the Marians aren't even pirates anymore
>the home world clans are gone baby gone
>all the WarShips are gone, except for lolbears and arbitrary atrocity ships with the falcons
>virtually no interesting merc units still exist
>not even the last bandit kingdoms standing are active anymore
>this all died for incest and pointless edge
Sadness covers me like a blanket.
Tuck me in, let me die
>>
>>49145743
It'll all be better when Ulysses Banacek comes riding through the sphere at the head of the Cloud Adders.
>>
File: 1439476774504.gif (951KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1439476774504.gif
951KB, 350x280px
>>49145743
>TFW
>>
>>49145743
>>virtually no interesting merc units still exist

>Reminding me that Wilson's Hussars are gone
We all knew they couldn't defy the odds forever, but it still fucking hurts. And there's still no art of a Wilson's Hussars mechwarrior with an "I survived 35 years on Butte Hold." t-shirt
>>
>>49146024
>Reminding me that Wilson's Hussars are gone
Of all the jihad's sins, killing those boys was up there.
I mean, what kind of edgy miserable faggot would you have to be to kill of the guys who's entire schtick was that they were always nearly dead but somehow survived everything?
Like, for fucks sakes, I'm pretty sure that that even medron fucking pryde keeps them alive in his AU and he's the genuine king of the faggots
>>
File: 1469813253598.png (87KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1469813253598.png
87KB, 242x206px
>>49145743
>>49145975
>>49146024
>hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>49145743
>>all three of the major periphery states are effectively gone
OA were boring, RA are better. The Taurian future is bleak but I suspect a merge with the breakaway faction is on the cards. The MoC has its alliance with the CC but that hasn't wiped it off the map any more than absorption into the Star League did. Wait until Daoshen dies - and he will, quite likely in ilKhan - and they'll be out from under the thumb.

>the circinians are dead
And nothing of value was lost. Generic pirate kingdom. Their end was more interesting than the rest of their history.

>the Marians aren't even pirates anymore
They weren't really pirates even as far back as the 3060s. They still do some shady raiding.

>the home world clans are gone baby gone
Remains to be seen. None bar the Blood Spirits were as entertaining as the IS Clans anyway.

>all the WarShips are gone, except for lolbears and arbitrary atrocity ships with the falcons
The Wolves and Snow Ravens have some. There are a handful scattered around the Great Houses too.

>virtually no interesting merc units still exist
Oh they exist, we just don't have the sourcebooks. Remember that we didn't know shit about a lot of merc units until we got the two Merc Supplementals.

>not even the last bandit kingdoms standing are active anymore
Isn't there a new Oberon Confederacy or something up in the Barrens? I know there are pirates up that way anyway.
>>
>>49146053

How is it edgy? Their luck ran out, that's all. They went up against the Word of Blake and got raped. I liked them and I felt bad for them too, but you don't see me suffering full rectal prolapse over it.
>>
>>49146053
>I mean, what kind of edgy miserable faggot would you have to be to
Look at literally everything they the current gang of writers have turned out, and you'll see. I actually really honestly suspect that one of them has an actual honest-to-god fetish for meaningless killing of large quantities of civilians. Like, EVERY FUCKING FLUFF SOURCEBOOK in the last who knows how many years has involved said presumed fetish as a major element, without fail. Ever wonder why?
>>
>>49138899
"Plagiarism" is a strong word. FASA paid licence fees for the usage rights in all good faith.
>>
File: 98GfP2G.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
98GfP2G.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
>>49146194
They had no right to, actually.
Imo, the only bad part about it was not placing a big sign "this was made by X and Y and licensed".

Now Robotech crew deserves a chair. They specifically removed any trace of credits and claimed they made it, abused rights they never had (both towards Battletech and Macross), paraded it as their own work. Bully the license out of everyone.
Shut down Macross on a global scale and contained it in Japan. Absolutely shit-talked the fuck out of Macross and the original crew while living off of it.

Like, the only reason they haven't been put to court was because US decided to assfuck Japanese during the Cold War and the law was such that as long as you were from US, no matter what Japanese said, you were in the right.

And that's not even getting into the whole thing of stealing Battletech designs, claiming ownership even the retarded law didn't give them ownership of, abusing the ever-loving fuck out of fans that know no better and lying to them out of the ass,...
>>
>>49145593
Dark Age fixed the setting, though
>>
>>49143399
>The Free Worlds League Parliament responds to Katrina Steiner's peace proposal.hpg
>>
>>49146484
More like Derp Age
>>
>>49146484
>Invented all the dumb Clan combo states
>Mechs all overheating from running like they got fucked up sinke because of clicktech mechanics
>New Terran Hegemony except without everything that made the original cool. Their military headquarters are in Santa Fe for fuck sake.
>Fortress Republic
>Broke up the Free Worlds League

And that's not even scratching the surface.
>>
>>49146679
More like my favorite meme
>>
Is there a pdf of the updated Alpha Strike available so I don't have to constantly refer to this 42 page monster?
>>
>>49146256
>They had no right to, actually.
Anon, about five years before they paid for the use of those images, nonwhites who weren't citizens didn't have the rights to hold IPs in the US. Whatever the Japs created, anyone in the US was actually free to steal and call their own, down to getting trademarks an copyrights registered on it.

And seeing how fucked-up US law is, HG basically figured they'd roll along pretending that the old state of law was still in action because it effectively is until somebody sues.
>>
>>49146953
>>Broke up the Free Worlds League
Sorry m8, but that was literally the most interesting thing to ever happen to the FWL.
>>
>>49148216
But it literally happened like this.

>All you stupid assholes ignored us so long, we have the biggest economy in the sphere, the biggest modern warship fleet outside the clans, and are under the best captain general in the better part of a century! Bring on a war, we're ready for the spotlight!
>Ghost War comes out
>Now you all are broken, scattered and just plain broke.
>How?
>Uhhh, Jihad?

FWL stuff was fine in JHS and made it work, but the original DA idea and execution was completely asinine. Overnight the FWL went from top nobody to the new Capellans, that one stretch of territory that only existed because everybody else had too many bigger threats on their borders to take advantage of them.
>>
>>49147762
Yes. The second printing came out a long time ago, and there's a second printing errata doc that's much smaller to go with it.
>>
>>49148513
see the problem is I don't want to have to buy it again just for that.
>>
>>49148513
You shouldn't have to. As far as I know, any place that sells the pdf should give you and update to the second pritning at no charge. Both the Battleshop and DriveThru work that way. I can't imagine anywhere else working differently.
>>
>>49148708
In that case it's off to the Battleshop I go. Cheers
>>
>>49148727
Now for the bad news. For the Battleshop, they send an email to you whenever the new pdf is ready. Unfortunately, the link is disabled after a while IIRC, and then you have to ask them to reset your download access by giving you a new link. Considering the number of people who've had problems with anything involving communication with the shop, you might be in for an annoying time. Sorry man; best of luck.
>>
>>49148216
It really wasn't, and it was handled like an absolute mess. FWL got flanderized hard with the "lol civil wars" shit when historically until the Jihad they'd had no more secessions or civil wars than anyone else. The "civil war" schtick was only theirs in the 3025 era because it was set up that of all nations they were the ones to recently have had one, thus explaining partially why they didn't really get involved in the upcoming 4th War.
CGL just looked at that and said "lol well that's all they do now hahaha fuck 7 1/2 centuries of literally having no secessions".
>>
>>49149507
>CGL just looked at that and said "lol well that's all they do now hahaha fuck 7 1/2 centuries of literally having no secessions".

That was like five years before CGL even existed though.
>>
>>49149548
Fair enough, technically it was WizKids/Topps or whatever. CGL still handled it like a mess. Granted it was a retarded thing to be handed, but damn they did a poor job. That FM for the post-Jihad FWLM is cringey in its laziness.
>>
>>49149567
>Regulans become periphery pirate tier in their equipment
>By the DA, they're the ones that get shuffled all the dumb Wizkids Solaris mechs like the Neanderthal

I never thought I'd see the day when the boys who were "All Warhammers and Marauders, all day long. You won't share your PPC's with us? Fuck you, we'll build all we can and stuff LL's in the gaps." be reduced to that garbage.
>>
>>49149548
Different name, same fuckers.
>>
>>49149692
You're thinking FanPro, who kept the Battletech stuff in print and are responsible for a number of the current RULEbooks (and their shit layout). Wizkids was the ones that did the fluff fuckery, and few to none of the people from there left for CGL when MWDA ended.

I swear we need a fucking CHART of the companies and crew, given how frequently this shit gets mixed up by /btg/.
>>
>>49149507
The FWL provinces had been fragmenting into ever smaller pieces, and opposition to federal control was growing, from mid Star League right up to when Thomas seized control. FASA was consistent on that. You're not wrong, though- Thomas gave us the good years of 3050 to 3067 where the FWL had only as many rebellions and shit as the other Successor States.
>>
>>49149819
And I was under the impression that the main difference between Wizkids and Fanpro and CGL was the presence/absence of Stackpole and Weisman.

It actually would be nice to have a graphic showing who was responsible for this shit.
>>
File: 2ndnightstalker-atlas.jpg (66KB, 478x800px) Image search: [Google]
2ndnightstalker-atlas.jpg
66KB, 478x800px
>>49145743

Goodnight you magnificent bastards. ;-;
>>
>>49146146

Its just a little sad how "raped by Word of Blake" seems to be like 50% of what the Jihad has to offer.
>>
>>49150551

So /tg/, who are your favourite regiments/mercenary units that didn't make it to the Dark Age?
>>
>>49150279
Initial Dark Age was like 99% Weisman.
>>
>>49150594
Raped by Word of Blake was often interesting when it wasn't a standard fight.

Like napalming the capital of the space amazons to the ground. Or nuking the capital of Regulus WITH THEIR OWN NUKES.

What was retarded was stuff like Case White "Haha, 1/4 of your ships actually had enough double agents on them to mutiny or sabotage before you even engage our space defenses."

Or stuff like SCOUR where it was "We landed on former Chaos March planet X to get rid of the Blakists. Oh no, our assault is going bad. Throw the Hussars at them. They're expendable!"
>>
>>49150639
I guess the MAC counts since they went full Capellan stooge and the Nightriders are dead?

>You will never have a CO so ballsy that when a Lyran black market trader stiffs him on essential gear for the unit, he retaliates by making a raid on the factory itself to balance the books
>That factory is Defiance Hesperus
>And he actually pulls it off

Balls of steel.
>>
>>49150639

2nd Sword of Light.
>>
>>49150639
Greenberg's Godzillas.
They just kinda vanished during the timeskip
>>
>>49146552
Shit, now I want to see a battletech version of the accompanying letter
>>
>>49149869
The provincial growth was actually in the Feds favour. Heck, Camlann vs FW is half the reason Resolution 288 passed. As the reactions of the provinces in 3014 and 3030 showed, a lot of the parliamentary squabbling was due to war weariness from two centuries of nonstop conflict, not opposition to Federal power.
All of that got pretty much ignored for "lol civil wars/secessions". And then there is how all the established FW government, and the FWLM, got mostly ignored during the Jihad. Not like that's new though, what with the FedSuns government turning retarded in the lead up to the FCCW.

Anyway I just think the Jihad writing wasn't that great and it ignored a lot of established things is all.
>>
>>49143399
>>49146552
>>49151725
Is there some kind of meme here that I'm missing?
>>
>>49151978
Dude... DUDE.. How NEW are you?
>>
File: Coming for you.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Coming for you.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
Does CGL actually hire any mechanical designers/engineers or do they simply tell guys like Shimmy to draw whatever?
>>
>>49151725
The Free Worlds League Parliament to the Steiner Archon!

O Archon, Lyran devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of ruler are you, that can't slay a leech locust with your naked arse? Amaris excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you bitch of bitches, make subjects of Free World sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your father.

You Kuritan scullion, Davion wheelwright, brewer of Taurus, goat-fucker of the Magistry, swineherd of the Outworld Alliance, pig of Circinus, Periphery thief, catamite of Marius O'Reilly, hangman of Kentares, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our prick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own father!
So the Free Worlds declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Mariks. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

-Duncan Marik, with the whole Free Worlds League Parliament
>>
>>49151978

A meme that is 125 years old.

Okay, you must be very new, but the thing is, if you see something you don't recognize, just do a search on it.
>>
>>49152002
He's pretty fucking new, I suspect.
>>49151978
Here it is, you newfag. So the sultan of the ottoman empire sent a letter to some cossaks in what is now southern Ukraine telling them to surrender, and they sent this back
Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.
>>
>>49152319
I would have included insulting references to worlds of the FedCom, in keeping with the original letter (brother-fucker of tharkad and new avellon, pigheard of the Pleiades, ext), but otherwise 9/10
Also, hangman of kentares is fucking genius, 11/10
>>
>>49152384
Not too up-to-speed on the FWL, sadly. Always been a Wrasslehog. And the Kentares bit just came to me like a muse in the night.
>>
>>49152319
>>49152384
Oh, I got a good one.
I can't remember which planet she had her "meeting" with Vlad on, but
>wolf-fucker of X
NEEDs to be in there
>>
>>49152319
breddy gud, but I'd make some changes like:
>by land and by space
>grandson of the Usurper

Maybe a reference to Skye or Tamar here or there
>>
File: Paul Masters on the job.jpg (3MB, 2000x1563px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Masters on the job.jpg
3MB, 2000x1563px
>go to Gibson
>"It Ain't Me" starts playing
>>
>>49152612
Do you mean Fortunate Son?
>>
Updated version!

The Free Worlds League Parliament to the Steiner Archon!

O Archon, Lyran devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of ruler are you, that can't slay a leech locust with your naked arse? Amaris excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you bitch of bitches, make subjects of Free World sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by space we will battle with thee, fuck your father.

You Kuritan scullion, Liao mech-wright, brewer of Taurus, brother-fucker of Tharkad, swineherd of Skye, pig of Circinus, Periphery thief, catamite of Marius O'Reilly, hangman of Kentares, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, granddaughter of the Usurper, and the crick in our prick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own father!

So the Free Worlds declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Mariks. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

-Duncan Marik, with the whole Free Worlds League Parliament
>>
File: 1449186479349.jpg (136KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449186479349.jpg
136KB, 900x900px
>>49152650
Hear, hear!
>>
>>49152513
By land and by space needs to make it in, but so does the rhyming nature of the insult.
How about
>By land and by space we will spit in your face, fuck thy mother
>>
File: PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg (98KB, 846x1227px) Image search: [Google]
PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg
98KB, 846x1227px
>>49152777
>rhyming
Last I checked, cossacks did not speak english.

>>49152650
PURPLE BURD STRONK
>>
Updated 2.0!
>The Free Worlds League Parliament to the Steiner Archon!
>O Archon, Lyran devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of ruler are you, that can't slay a leech locust with your naked arse? Amaris excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you bitch of bitches, make subjects of Free World sons; we've no fear of your army, By land and by space we will spit in thy face, fuck your mother
>You Kuritan scullion, Liao mech-wright, torturer of Tamir, brother-fucker of Tharkad, swineherd of Skye, pig of the Pleiades, rascal of Rasalhague, catamite of Circinus, hangman of Kentares, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, granddaughter of the Usurper, and the crick in our prick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own father!
>So the Free Worlds declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Mariks. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!
>-Duncan Marik, with the whole Free Worlds League Parliament
>>49152777
>By land and by space we will spit in your face, fuck thy mother
Trips prove perfection, just switched the thy and your around
>>
>>49152855
Fun fact, the whole thing apparently rhymed in the original language, which makes it all the more impressive of an insult.
That bit rhyming in english is just a moment of great translation
>>
>>49152612
Where's that "clips" picture that's an edit of this?
>>
>>49152874
Slightly fixed
>O Archon, Lyran devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of ruler are you, that can't slay a leech locust with your naked arse? The Usurper shits, and your army eats. You will not, you bitch of bitches, make subjects of Free World sons; we've no fear of your army, By land and by space we will spit in thy face, fuck your mother
>You Kuritan scullion, Liao mech-wright, torturer of Tamir, brother-fucker of Tharkad, swineherd of Skye, pig of the Pleiades, rascal of Rasalhague, catamite of Circinus, hangman of Kentares, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, granddaughter of the Usurper, and the crick in our prick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own father!
>>So the Free Worlds declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Mariks. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!
>-Duncan Marik, with the whole Free Worlds League
>>
>>49152219
the only bt artist with a background in engineering that i know of is duane loose, of early fasa tro fame.

fanpro and cgl farm out almost all of their art to freelancers. they might have engineering or mechanical design backgrounds i guess but cgl isn't actively seeking engineers to make their designs more plausible. they don't have the money and probably don't care
>>
>>49153676

My only concern is that catamite refers to a young boy.

More appropriate is "whore of Circinus" or, more literally "fucktoy of Circinus".
>>
>>49153939
>O Archon, Lyran devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of ruler are you, that can't slay a leech locust with your naked arse? The Usurper shits, and your army eats. You will not, you bitch of bitches, make subjects of Free World sons; we've no fear of your army, By land and by space we will spit in thy face, fuck your mother
>You Kuritan scullion, Liao mech-wright, torturer of Tamir, brother-fucker of Tharkad, swineherd of Skye, pig of the Pleiades, rascal of Rasalhague, fucktoy of Circinus, hangman of Kentares, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, granddaughter of the Usurper, and the crick in our prick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own father!
>So the Free Worlds declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Mariks. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!
>-Duncan Marik, with the whole Free Worlds League
>>
Now we just need someone to draw the Cossack paiting in a more fitting style.
>>
>>49153939
>My only concern is that catamite refers to a young boy.
>More appropriate is "whore of Circinus" or, more literally "fucktoy of Circinus".
Point there.
I'd go with " cocksucker of circinus", I feel like it fits better, or, more simply, "cunt of circinus"
>>
File: vkG3xba.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vkG3xba.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>49154158
Maybe ask shimmy. In the mean time, have this
>>
File: 3TzRIie.jpg (307KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3TzRIie.jpg
307KB, 1280x720px
Alternate version
>>
Play tested my Jade Falcon vs. Lyran game just now with a friend. The Falcons got stomped but I'm pretty sure it was mostly bad luck,

3 rounds of positioning and missed long range shots gave way to a Thor and Loki positioning themselves out in a field to shut down several avenues. Unfortunately some lucky incoming fire, combined with poor rolls trying to overheat and take out Lyran mechs quick saw them both stuck out in the open with their motive systems damaged and overheating. They did severely wound an Eisenfaust though.

The next round saw the end of the Thor and the Eisenfaust, followed by a Mad Cat turning the corner trying to prevent the Atlas III from joining the fight. It took a face full of BBBBRRRRTTTTT for its troubles. The slow Jupiter fell behind and ended up being dogged by the Wolfhound and Uziel.

The next round saw the Lyran fall in on the Clanners and trade the King Crab, Zeus, and moderate damage to the Atlas for the Mad Cat, Loki, and surprisingly the Jupiter went down to focused fire. This left the Shrike alone against 5 mechs.

The Shrike went nuts, proceeding to win initiative for 3 more rounds, dealing heavy damage to the Ghost and Griffin. When it finally lost initiative it began to retreat back to it's starting side, leaving itself open for one round with 10s and 11s to hit it. Two 10s and a 12 later there was no more Shrike.

I'm hoping that this was just bad luck and the forces aren't really that uneven
>>
>>49154998
Sounds like some poor positioning and tactical choices on the Falcon's part combined with a bit of unfortunate luck.
>>
>>49154574
[eagle screeches intensifies]
>>
Campaign Update!

We managed to play 2 scenarios yesterday, and it went pretty well (even if one player was disinterested for half the time, at some points rolling his dice and getting up out of his chair to go somewhere else before the dice had even stopped moving - I mean we've all had turns where everything misses, but c'mon man, why'd you even show up?).

The other three of us had a blast, even if (as GM) I'm always playing Op4 and losing. :-P

Anyway, first mission was to get in, scan 3 enemy buildings, and then do some damage.

We had:
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
WVR-6R Wolverine
ENF-4R Enforcer
CRD-3R Crusader
ARC-2R Archer
STK-4N Stalker

All pilots were 5/5 except for the Archer which was 2/2.

The other side was:

SDR-5V Spider
JVN-10F Javelin
ON1-VA Orion
GHR-5H Grasshopper
CNS-3M Cronus

Now for quite some time I've heard people refer to the Crusader as the 'Crud', and a number of threads back someone put together a bit write up of all the the things wrong with the Crusader.

I had no first hand experience with this, having only used a CRD-5K previously. Man... 'Crud' is right.

We've been house-ruling for this first contract that ammo explosions don't count (it's 3037 - no one has CASE!), but because of it's rep we waived that rule for the Crud.

Javelin got one lucky floating critical early on in the game, hit the Machine Gun ammo in the CT, and the Crud detonated then and there, with almost no other damage on it.

Wow.

Because we had so much trouble hitting anything, and because the enemy saw fit to wait it out (and because the fucking Archer has 10 single heat sinks... uughh!), things did not go well.

Mr. Stalker couldn't hit shit, and eventually the Stalker, Wolverine and Enforcer ran off the table to save themselves. The Archer got pulled off a cliff (42 damage from a 6 level fall!), losing a leg, so he ejected (and they salvaged an Archer).

Last act of the game was my Shadowhawk falling over and landing on its head, killing the pilot.
>>
>>49154574
I'm voting for this as the next OP image
All in favor, say aff
>>
>>49156084
aff
>>
>>49155506
DAMN.
>>
>>49155506
So wait, was it the OpFor that lost two heavies and a medium or the PCs?

Either way, that was a very BATTLETECH game.
>>
>>49156730

Sorry, the PCs were the smaller force with the Orion.

Me and one other player were the Op4 with the larger force. When I originally rolled up the force lists the Op4 also had an AS7-D. I took it out at the last second thinking it'd be a bit unfair. Kinda wish I'd left it in. :-D
>>
File: popcorn kek.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn kek.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>>49155506
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
>Reading MW3e 2nd Edition
>Looks solid
>Get to Academy MOS
>Piloting/VTOL
>Gunnery/Vehicular
>Both of these are not covered under actual skills later in the skill lists
>Other, more broad skills, DO cover those skills
>Further on, Vibroblade, 2d6, 100 C-Bills
>Blade, 2d6+2, 10 C-Bills

Am I missing something, or was MW3 written as a complete afterthought with minimal effort?
>>
>>49158593
>Am I missing something, or was MW3 written as a complete afterthought with minimal effort?
The second one, like all BattleTech RPG systems.
>>
>>49158632
Well.

Fuck.

Actually looks like they were on to something, too. It could have been very good if they just put in three hours of proof-reading and a little playtesting.
>>
>>49155506
Campaign Cont'd (Camp'd?):

So the second scenario was actually a choice for the PCs. They could either do a smash'n'grab mission to raid some of the pirates stores, or take a crack at a larger force of pirates to weaken them before the final assault.

In the interest of time they went with the former, as it only required them to bring 3 'Mechs (rather than up to 12).

So the forces were:

PCs
AWS-8Q Awesome
GHR-5H Grasshopper (had some superficial damage from the previous mission, but otherwise fine)
CPLT-C1 Catapult

Op4
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
KTO-18 Kintaro
DV-6M Dervish
OTL-4D Ostsol

(Special shout out to Xotl and his RATs, as all the Op4 were generated from rolls on them!)

I played the Ostsol badly here, and it ended up in a 1v1 with the Grasshopper, in wooded terrain, not the ideal situation.

The Dervish hung out at the back lobbing near-max range LRM shots, mostly at the Awesome. It spend most of the game doing just that, hardly contributing... but towards the end that changed.

Meanwhile the Phoenix Hawk jumped around a lot, so couldn't shoot much, and the Kintaro tried. God damn did that thing try. It went after that Awesome like it had killed its whole family. Triple SRM6 barrage after triple SRM6 barrage.

Did fucking nothing.

Eventually hounded the PC's to their deployment edge, but that didn't help much as the Kintaro lost a leg right at the edge of the map, and was blasted to pieces as it tried endlessly to fire SRMs to no avail.

The Ostsol got some good solid hits in, but eventually fell over and couldn't get back up when the Catapult decided to help out and start lobbing missiles at me. For a while though the Ostsol and the Grasshopper just couldn't hit or see one another, as they changed position each turn, neither one wanting to enter kicking range. We imagined the pilots going "Marco!" "Polo!" as they fruitlessly did nothing to one another and whiffed their shots.

(More in a bit...)
>>
>>49158831
(Camp'd!)

The Phoenix Hawk did try and help the Kintaro before it exploded... and that didn't go so well. Landing to the right side of the Catapult (who was one level higher).

Then something happened that we knew was possible but had never managed to pull off: The Catapult turned around and kicked the fucking Phawk's head off!!!

Nearly pristine Phawk goes to Salvage, and I'm down two 'Mechs by the end of the next turn.

Ostsol died soon after, but by this stage the Dervish had completely exhausted one bin of LRM ammo (this becomes important) and decided to leave the safety of the city and come and rumble with the 3 other 'Mechs. Stupid, yes, but what choice did I have. Hide like a wimp?

The Dervish got into it just before the Ostsol had been dealt with, so it got spared the attention of all three enemy 'Mechs at first. This was good as I had one turn where I hit with every shot.

More importantly, got a bunch of hits on the Awesome, two 5's, a 3, a 2 and a 1. The 5's, 3 and 2 did standard damage, and that 1 got a floating crit. Centre torso. Boxcars. Engine, engine, gyro.

Didn't care about losing after that - my Dervish fucked the Awesome with one lucky shot!

Eventually they ripped off my right side, taking the ton of unused LRM10 ammo with it (D'OH!), and I ran into a river to hide. That worked mostly well until I surfaced and, for the second time, got my head kicked off (by the Grasshopper this time).

A fun time was had by all, they made some WP (and some SP from the pirate stores), and I crippled the company's largest 'Mech. That'll make going into the last battle more interesting.
>>
>>49158896
I was playing an AtB campaign and one of my 1LTs got ambushed by a pair of mechs. One of them a close range medium, the other a Trebuchet.

I charged down the Trebuchet getting inside the medium range of its LRMs and peppered its hull on the first turn. On the second turn it moved first and I had just managed to get in jumping range to land behind it and a level above.

I like to think the head kick was like nailing a field goal.
>>
Newbie here. Can I turn then jump/jump then turn?
>>
>>49159129
You can face whatever direction you want at the end of a jump.
>>
>>49152474
This is in response to Katrina Steiner's peace-proposal in the 3025 era, anon. You're thinking of Katherine "Katrina" Steiner-Davion.
>>
>>49159678
fuck, you're right. my bad. I should reduce the drinking, maybe
>>
File: Katrina Steiner.jpg (95KB, 625x621px) Image search: [Google]
Katrina Steiner.jpg
95KB, 625x621px
>>49159678

All those blonde Steiner bimbos look the same anyways. It's like trying to tell a Drac from a Capellan without getting to hear them talk first.
>>
>>49159765
you just gotta pull down their pants. dracs are pixel-y, caps ain't
>>
>>49158734

MechWarrior 2nd Edition is a lot easier to learn and run.

For bonus points it's a straight conversion with its skills to the board game *and* it doesn't actively fuck over players with Clan PCs. They just start as combat characters with limited skills outside that (unless you were setting up a civilian, but the game is called MechWarrior, so...) rather than being total fucking retards who are statistically inferior to IS characters because reasons, even though the fluff says they're supposed to be physically superior with better combat skills, just not very good at things not directly related to combat stuff.
>>
>>49155506
>Javelin got one lucky floating critical early on in the game, hit the Machine Gun ammo in the CT, and the Crud detonated then and there, with almost no other damage on it.
Had this happen to me (except with a stray LRM 5 volley) my first time using one. The second time it took engine damage, overheated, and then cooked the ammo off. I have not risked a third time.
>>
>>49158632
Well, ATOW works just fine.
>>
>>49160243

No it doesn't.
>>
>>49160859
I find it does, but that doesn't mean it's not fucking stupid in a lot of ways. Like layout. And clarity on some things in chargen. And that absolutely *retarded* equipment qualification system.
>>
>playing AtB
>pirate forces in rout after being stomped in a stand-up fight and a couple of breakthroughs in 6 weeks
>get a special mission, a pirate officer challenged one of my pilots to a duel
>arena is 20x20, I send a Starslayer
>he sends an original model Quickdraw
>I win the initiative roll, he goes for a full run at me
>he's 8 hexes away
>Starslayer's range is 5/8
>skip my firing phase to charge the enemy down
>need 7, roll 7
>35 damage to target, 6 self damage
>knocked enemy mech down, critical engine hit
>opponent loses initiative again, gets up and moves to run
>point blank range LL to head
>pilot unconscious
>free Quickdraw!
>>
>Introduce friend to battletech
>Each chose a light mech for easy 1v1
>Within moments he's named his pilot
>"The Rookie Bill"
>Panther v Hermes
>Blows off one of his Panther's arms
>Panther lookin' rough
>All kinds of overheated
>My Hermes doin' not bad
>Hermes falls on road
>Stands
>Gets headpunched to death
>"The Rookie Bill the Inevitable"
>mfw my campaign has a new NPC to contend with
>>
File: laughing banshee.jpg (162KB, 800x771px) Image search: [Google]
laughing banshee.jpg
162KB, 800x771px
>>49155506
>the Crud detonated then and there

Your Crud truly followed the standards set by its ancestors.

>>49161440
I like to imagine challenges like these to be enemy 'Mechs standing outside the merc base doing rude mecha gestures and shouting "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" over unencrypted wideband.

>"Bill, that one pirate arsehole in the Shadow Hawk is still parked on the hill just off the base, and him clogging the frequencies with his challenges is sort of old hat now. Could you get over there and give him a kicking?"
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-04+at+09.59.48).png (14KB, 389x296px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-04+at+09.59.48).png
14KB, 389x296px
>>49162201
That fight was pretty good but I'm not happy with this one. End result of 2 lances of mixed mechs vs a Grasshopper, Zeus, Awesome and Stalker.
>>
>>49161440
>>free Quickdraw!
You've been had.
>>
File: Quickerdraw.png (22KB, 420x845px) Image search: [Google]
Quickerdraw.png
22KB, 420x845px
>>49164334
Ain't so bad once I had my way with it.
>>
Newbie question : do intervening mechs affect the too hit roll and/or affect los?
>>
>>49164795
Standard rules, no.

There are some optional rules in TacOps that allow for such things, though it has to be an intentional action to shield something, or infantry intentionally taking cover behind a vehicle.
>>
>>49164795
No, they do not.
>>
File: BD-Crud.jpg (231KB, 800x1248px) Image search: [Google]
BD-Crud.jpg
231KB, 800x1248px
>>49162201
And talking about the Crud's ancestors reminded me that while flipping through the Battledroids rules not to long ago I noticed the example record sheet. In the age before in engine heat sinks, the Crusader had actual critpadding!
>>
>>49165190
>SRMs in the legs
>two tons of CT ammo
>crappy weapon loadout to begin with
Man, that mech is just so awful. Why does a mech with a great name have to be so terrible?
>>
>>49165231
there's some later-tech cruds that are good. the liao ones, the mml one

plus they're the best-looking reseen by far
>>
All this talk about Cruds make me sad I don't have screencaps of what has to be the Platonic ideal of a Crusader I had in one of my AtB campaigns.

I salvaged it headcapped from the battle in a pristine condition, and I mean pristine: not even a dent in the armour or scorched paint. Just two PPC shots to the head. Even though it was a Crud, I salvaged it because I had Dispossessed drivers, screwed on a new head, planted one of the Dispossessed in it, and attached it to the very lance that captured it.

In the very next battle, the new Crud marches toward the sound of the guns. I plonk him on a nice hilltop to cover the others with LRMs, when what should roll around the corner but an enemy Warhammer. The Crud pilot manages to pepper the Hammer with a few missiles, but the bastard unloads right back with both PPCs.

Two torso hits, one a TAC, LRM ammo blows up. The damned Crud cost me a pretty C-bill and for all that investment, I get a few points of LRM damage on a single Warhammer.
>>
Question: in Alpha Strike I over heat by 1 and gain that +1 to to damage. In the next turn I fire again but don't use over heat, thus remaining at 1 heat. Do I still gain the +1 damage from that or do I have to be actively using over heat to gain the benefits?
>>
>>49165887
You need to add the heat on the same turn to get the benefit.
>>
>>49165887
>Do I still gain the +1 damage from that
no
you must overheat another level to gain +1 again
>>
>>49164406

Dude, come on. If a Mech can't throw at least "its own mass" in damage from its guns, it's pretty shit.
>>
>>49164406
I'd have gone with an ERLL for long range instead, but that would just make it a smaller, faster Grasshopper.
>>
File: extra awesome.png (18KB, 313x830px) Image search: [Google]
extra awesome.png
18KB, 313x830px
>>49166388
>>49166499
Checked.

I need some real practice, I've normally had to build refits because I can't build all that well, but when I can't find a decent refit I have to improvise.

Tried to fit 4 on this but just couldn't make enough critical slots to fit it all.
>>
>>49138688
So, is this one like all the rest were?
>>
File: oh, a banshee.png (36KB, 963x713px) Image search: [Google]
oh, a banshee.png
36KB, 963x713px
Was interested in winning this duel to get a new mech. Forgot what I was facing.
>>
>>49166388
At the very least it needs to be able to force a PSR with some combination of its guns. Ideally a combination that's heat-neutral with the available sinkage.
>>
Speaking of Quickdraws, Crusaders and Grasshoppers, what are some ewrly game mechs that don't show up as much any more or you just never really see people play anymore?

My campaign group's PC lance was wiped out in a recent match and we're starting a new lance. FWL, mid 3060s.

Trying to think of cast offs, forgotten rides, legacy gear and hand me downs to use.
>>
>>49168373
Maybe have a look through some of the star league mechs and see which ones got upgrades before the clan invasion. 3060s is going to be swimming with new tech and new models trying to take advantage of clan equipment, might not be a bad time to pick up some good deals on what would now be second line gear when it was first-line during the clan invasion.
>>
>>49166926
>>49138688
the planet is not dead, other than that it is very similar to other Touring the Stars

btw, TtS: Ionus
https://mega.nz/#!3wtj2TjT!ZXoc7m3ndJTVXNBC25QxfBb75SNdz6PLyEj39jHefVo
>>
>>49168373
I thought the Grashopper was still a good mech and the Crusader-family at least got the CRD-8L these days.
>>
>>49168777
>I thought the Grashopper was still a good mech
It's not that it's bad - per se - but the Hopper drops down from "excellent melee unit and Medium hunter" to "mediocre slow harasser". Frankly, there's almost no reason to pick it over, say, a NewTech Wolverine or Griffin, which are both faster and have less-retarded weapons loads. If you want a boxer, you go with one of the Ost-boxers with TSM, and if you want a light-hunter you take something with better mid or close-range armament and more speed.

>and the Crusader-family at least got the CRD-8L these days.
Many of the Reseen Cruds are excellent designs, but the miniature is too fucking ugly to field. Especially (again) when the Osts and Trinity 'Mechs are all at close to the same performance margin, and everyone remembers how utterly shit the original was. Let me hunt up my writeup on the Cruds though.
>>
File: 20-217.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
20-217.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>49169133
>Many of the Reseen Cruds are excellent designs, but the miniature is too fucking ugly to field
jesus christ you aren't kidding, how did they fuck it up this bad
>>
>>49169133
One anon made a fantastic Crud redesign, I think he said he was going to try to 3D print it.
>>
File: CRD-8L_Crusader.jpg (128KB, 528x571px) Image search: [Google]
CRD-8L_Crusader.jpg
128KB, 528x571px
>>49169133
>>49169187
the reseen art is pretty great though
>>
File: Lewis Crud.png (175KB, 622x773px) Image search: [Google]
Lewis Crud.png
175KB, 622x773px
>>49169211
>laughingChrisLewis.png
Yeah if you take the 3085 art it's nice. Meanwhile, the original piece is pretty ass. The mini isn't close to the art though.
>>
>>49169133
Part 1:
>Cruds:
This is gonna be a long one. The Crusader has always kinda been the "special kid" in the Unseen class. Sure, the Locust has haemophilia and the Rifleman shits itself uncontrollably, but the CRD just sits in the corner rhythmically banging its head against the wall, eating paste and screaming obscenities at random. Anyway..
CRD-2R: Pops a pair of Streaks-2 in each leg, and amazingly removes the CT bomb. This is literally the only Crud that can take an ammo hit and keep on ticking (the -7L can survive one, but is reduced to a pair of MLs).
CRD-3R "Crael": Quad sixes feeding off of a single ton of ammo in the CT, plus a ton of MG@ in the CT. Drops the LRMs for claws, but doesn't add jets. It's.. well, it's interesting to play in Solaris.
CRD-4BR: Double torsobomb in the CT. Which is incredibly retarded given the perfectly good CASEd ammo bins in the side torsos. At least split up the fucking @MG into half-tons in the side torsos, guys. Hell, drop the Streak system and put a ton of SRM ammo in each leg, it'd be fucking safer.
4D: Um, they swapped the MG@ for a heatsink. Slightly better. Pulses and SSRMs on a unit with 4/6/0, though? Pass.
4K: Same speed/ammo/pulse problem, now with shittier LRM launchers and better SRMs.
5K: I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a fairly decent MRM unit. Cheap C3s support.
-5M: A better-than-average 3050s upgrade, and one of my favorites. An ammo blow still kills it, but the side torsos are relatively packed and the wreck is salvageable. And an AMS actually sort of makes sense on an LRM boat.
>>
File: Jumping Red Blackjack.jpg (654KB, 1210x991px) Image search: [Google]
Jumping Red Blackjack.jpg
654KB, 1210x991px
>>49169270
><cont>
5S: CASE in the center torso. Baby Jesus he'p me. Should have used Endo to get jets and some more ammo.
6M: An efficient brawler with decent critpacking. One of the better Cruds.
7L: If the RT goes, the 'Mech is useless. And there is SO much ammo in the RT. Uses its Stealth efficiently, and fights a lot like a Catapult. Another "good" CRD.
7W: Slow, MML-focused. fireworks factory. Has about the same ranged firepower as a stock Crud, but brutal up-close. Makes a decent bodyguard, but not the most intelligent use of Artemis.
8L: A nasty piece of work. Great at fucking with heat curves, has the ammo to play with mines or Infernos (more warcrimes than you can shake a Liao at), good speed, brutal punch at all ranges. The best Crud IMO - too bad it kinda acts like a WHM.
8S: HGR and jets. Low armor. At least it doesn't have a Small Cockpit?

>>49169211
Plog's unfucked Liao one is fieldable. This shit?
>>49169262
>>49169187
Yeah, I use pic related unabashedly and I won't touch those with a thirty-meter pole.
>>
File: Crusader -G variants.png (84KB, 1316x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Crusader -G variants.png
84KB, 1316x1000px
>>49169304
I use the -5G in pic related pretty frequently. The -4G is a full retard "royal" upgrade.
>>
File: Crusader spares.png (73KB, 1329x943px) Image search: [Google]
Crusader spares.png
73KB, 1329x943px
>>49169447
Have two more, because I use the 11V some in Lyran units, and the Z1 is fun on Solaris
>>
>>49169262
This mech would amazing for a punching motion attack.

>pic related, just with missiles instead of kittens.

If you wouldn't shout "bang, bang, bang!" while firing like that, there's something wrong with you.
>>
File: Banshee BNC-3E-R1.jpg (349KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Banshee BNC-3E-R1.jpg
349KB, 1275x1650px
>>49167478
Are you playing 3025 forever? Because if you're not, you can do bad things with that Banshee, after a little garage time.
>>
>>49168556
Good suggestion, but I guess I'm also thinking uncommon mechs themselves and not just variants.
>>
>>49169836
>Are you playing 3025 forever?
Are there other eras?
>>
>>49169882
Yeah, there are. They even managed to make the game fun in these other eras, can you believe?
>>
>>49170085

No.
>>
If you could remove one item of tech from the game, what would it be?
>>
>>49170160
Clantech.
<angry grog noises>
>>
>>49170160
Clans
>>
>>49170085
>more fun
Stop lying.
>>
>>49170160
Light gauss rifle
>>
>>49170209
>not liking the huge family of PPCs
>not thinking plasma rifles are the best weapons ever

How can a person be so wrong?
>>
>>49170221
The Captain-General wants to have a few harsh words with you, citizen.
>>
>>49170233
Just look at Obama
>>
>>49170202
I'm sorry, anon, but the Clans are not a technological development.

Unless you meant the whole test tube baby thing. Because yeah, there's no way an entire society would agree with that, without tainting the water supply with megadoses of LSD first.
>>
>>49170278
I'm sorry but they just seem useless on mechs to me.
>>
File: Hellstar FWL.png (40KB, 644x891px) Image search: [Google]
Hellstar FWL.png
40KB, 644x891px
>>49170209
It's true! Primitives exist so that grogs can play with even less options. And if you want to go all the way, we have XTRO 1945.

>>49170278
Just for you my fine Purple Burd.
>>
>>49170209
Stop putting words in my mouth, anon. I never implied 3025 was fun in the first place
>>
>>49170160
heat sinks :^)
>>
File: image.png (288KB, 1097x1151px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
288KB, 1097x1151px
>company that produced the Wraith also produced this and the Eagle

What went wrong?
>>
>>49169262
that's a boring, flat pose but it's still a cool design, and still captures the implied range of movement of the unseen without the boxy immobility of the tro 3025 originals

the miniature has the same problem as the reseen battlemaster mini, looks like it's been stretched out on a rack
>>
File: Highlander reskin.jpg (700KB, 1000x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Highlander reskin.jpg
700KB, 1000x1402px
>>49169447
4G:
>has streaks
>not in the legs
>Ammo in sensible places
HARAM.JPG
Honestly, though, despite the electronics overload that's decent. If you put Artemis on the arm launchers and dropped the BAP and a little armor I'd probably even field it, exploding shoulders or no.

-5G:
What is it with you and moving the damned leg launchers? I mean, It's suboptimal but it's a big part of the Crud aesthetic.
Other than that, feels a lot like a boosted -2R. I'd use it.

>11V:
Yes. That is all.

>Z1:
Feels too much like a Highlander for me, somehow. For Solaris FUNTIMES you should probably swap the arm MLs for a quad MG rack and throw .5t @MG and CASE or another MG into the LT. LAC-2s are also surprisingly effective in that particular environment, since a headcap can get you a red card.

>>49169836
Huh, it's a Flashman. Whoopee.

>>49170160
>If you could remove one item of tech from the game, what would it be?
Not remove, per se, but I'd make Freezers explosive (and Freezer-equipped engines generate more heat per round when hit). If I could go back in time and change them, I'd make it so you got ten free HEAT, not free SINKS, with the engine.

If we're talking all-around uselessness, annoyance factor, and lack of any good reason to be in the fucking game? The original OS missile weapons.
>>
File: 1135949606216.jpg (50KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1135949606216.jpg
50KB, 350x464px
>>49170414
>Primitives exist so that grogs can play with even less options.
<.<;;
Um..
I just like having fast games and explosive robots with actual armor penetration rules. Is that so wrong? Yes, I know, I COULD play Heavy Gear, but that's not as BATTLETECH
I'm sort of a grog in that I got started playing because of Macross and I like the simplicity inherent in the late Succession Wars, so I play there a lot. And I have like a regiment's worth of Unseen.
Of course, I also play Jihad/Dark Age/basically anything but Civil War because FUCK FOREVER 3067 OMFG so I'm probably a bad grog.
Also I actually fucking PLAY, which makes me even worse at being a grog..

>>49170414
HellBurd
>>
>>49170600
The Wraith looks like it was designed by a dildo salesman, let's be honest. You can tell where the Violator got its good looks.
>>
File: bansheewtf.gif (31KB, 510x484px) Image search: [Google]
bansheewtf.gif
31KB, 510x484px
>>49169836
3S, dude. You don't have to get out of introtech to make Banshees mean.
>>
>>49172386
I don't see it. Looks more like a bug.
>>
>>49172670
3S takes getting a new engine. If he's not working for Steiner, that might be hard to get his hands on.
>>
>>49172212
It's a Flashman with 95t melee damage and max armor, and all the weapons mounted in the torsos. I'd rate it zombie/10.
>>
>>49169304
>5S: CASE in the center torso. Baby Jesus he'p me.
I'm like 95% that's a misprint, I don't think you can even put CASE in the CT. If it's where it should be, the -5S is actually OK-ish
>>
>>49172212
>What is it with you and moving the damned leg launchers? I mean, It's suboptimal but it's a big part of the Crud aesthetic.
There was an incident, and I was sure I could drop a mech with my SRMs when I was behind partial cover. Then died, because what should have been a mutual kill was just a Crusader kill. Since then I've been gunshy about mounting missiles in the legs. Plus I prefer launchers in the torso unless I'm playing with torpedoes as an ammo type, in which case I'll stand in the water and sink ships with leg torpedoes.

>Z1:
>Feels too much like a Highlander for me, somehow.
It exists because I got a Reseen Crud with Reseen Battlemaster arms, which fit surprisingly well, and I needed a variant.

>>49172316
>Also I actually fucking PLAY, which makes me even worse at being a grog..
Yes, yes it does. But as long as you have fun.

>>49173656
Incorrect, you can CT mount CASE, and it's supposed to be there
>>
>>49173760
>Incorrect, you can CT mount CASE
Huh, I never knew that. Probably because literally no other mech does that, to my knowledge
>and it's supposed to be there
Wow, that's pretty fucking dumb.
>>
>>49170350

Desperate measures for desperate times. Most people will opt for anything over death no matter what platitudes they spout when things are easy.

>>49173927

>Huh, I never knew that. Probably because literally no other mech does that, to my knowledge

There's also literally no point to mounting CASE in the CT because any ammo explosion that destroys the CT internal structure means the wreck is completely unsalvagable, and there's no transfer damage to prevent going elsewhere because everything (eventually) transfers TO the CT, never away from it.

It's not quite as dumb as the two OS S-SRM-2s on the War Dog or the Marauder II with CASE in the wrong torso, but it's getting up there.
>>
>>49170160

The official forums.
>>
>>49175347
He said item of tech, not item of turd.
>>
File: TDR5SMX.png (50KB, 711x925px) Image search: [Google]
TDR5SMX.png
50KB, 711x925px
>>49173760
>It exists because I got a Reseen Crud with Reseen Battlemaster arms, which fit surprisingly well, and I needed a variant.
Ah, I have a Thud with a similar justification (got an extra pair of Beemer arms in a blister, had a blank lead Thud body lying around).

>>49175141
>It's not quite as dumb as the two OS S-SRM-2s on the War Dog or the Marauder II with CASE in the wrong torso, but it's getting up there.
Look, at least neither of those destroy the 'Mech even when working as intended..

>>49175500
>>49175347
Inb4 hater-fag calls Cincy
>>
>>49143355
>stealing FATAL's rules
When 75% of the game is reworked its pretty good to be honest.
>>
File: battletech Black knight.jpg (39KB, 352x508px) Image search: [Google]
battletech Black knight.jpg
39KB, 352x508px
>>49170490
delete this immediately
>>
File: ChristianMansdottir copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
ChristianMansdottir copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
Hey Guys... My aToW RPG campaign has upped and died thanks to players leaving the country, wife getting preggo, and spending all their time with their new girlfriends, respectively. It barely even got started, but isn't that always the case with RPGs. I think I'm going to be stuck with "Scenario games forever" from here on out.

The campaign was supposed to be starting at the very beginning of the Ronin War, when Rasalhague gained their independence. A lot of the stuff either rips out of or paraphrases content from Brush Wars and the old House Kurita 3025 housebook, and there may be some bullshit crammed in here and there where sources failed me.

Maybe these will give you inspiration... or maybe they're just shit and I should stop. Either way, let me know. Yellow screens are supposed to be ComStar terminal information about important people that players might look up. Green Screens (The pale green is because I made it for CYMK printing), are news updates from around the inner sphere, that would all be anywhere from a few days to a week late.
>>
File: HaakonMagnusson copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
HaakonMagnusson copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>
File: IvanSorenson copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
IvanSorenson copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178318
>>
File: MarcusKurita copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
MarcusKurita copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178336
>>49178366
>>
File: MyndoWaterly copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
MyndoWaterly copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178336
>>49178417
>>
File: TakashiKurita copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
TakashiKurita copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178441
>>
>>49169836
My AtB campaign is in 3062 right now iirc, but I'm hunting pirates and the RATs are giving them early star league era mechs. First mission on this contract faced me off with a Zeus, Awesome, Grasshopper and Stalker. Ended up trading a Wolverine for the Awesome and Stalker, spent a good half hour figuring out a new build for the Awesome and sadly couldn't fit 4 heat neutral PPCs on it.
>>
File: TheodoreKurita copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
TheodoreKurita copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178461
>>
File: TorMiraborg copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
TorMiraborg copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178481
>>
File: VasiliCherenkoff copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
VasiliCherenkoff copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178507
This is the last of the characters. I didn't make any of the stuff that's pertinent to the lore since I was letting the characters build the world that they were fighting on (The edge), so things were actively being made up as we went along.
>>
File: HeiligendreutzNews copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
HeiligendreutzNews copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178634
Now on to newscasts. They were supposed to be to entice players to have a reason to want to get off world and participate in the war on a more major front.
>>
File: KandisNews copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
KandisNews copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178664
>>
File: MemmengenNews copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
MemmengenNews copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178680
>>
File: PredlitzNews copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
PredlitzNews copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178704
>>
File: RasalhagueNews copy.jpg (2MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
RasalhagueNews copy.jpg
2MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178737
>>
File: TrondheimNews copy.jpg (3MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
TrondheimNews copy.jpg
3MB, 2480x1748px
>>49178755
This is the last of the news articles. I didn't do anymore because, frankly, it sucks making things for an RPG and never using them. Didn't want to overdo any prep work.
>>
File: BadguyPanther copy.jpg (658KB, 294x582px) Image search: [Google]
BadguyPanther copy.jpg
658KB, 294x582px
>>49178793
Some colored TRO art so that I could make standies. I encouraged my players to "Paint their own" mechs by either shopping the images or coloring a print-out that I could scan.

Just putting up the "Bad Guy". Had to make it really weak because the players had nothing but bug mechs.
>>
File: 1309412402933.jpg (276KB, 1133x608px) Image search: [Google]
1309412402933.jpg
276KB, 1133x608px
>>49178680
>>49178704
>>49178634
>>49178664

The system and setting aren't in my preferred wheelhouse, but I respect the shit out of you for putting this sort of effort into your campaign. You clearly *care*, and that more than anything else makes somebody a good GM. I'm genuinely sorry to hear the game crashed and burned, but keep the notes handy for the future (nothing says you can't run it in the future), and I hope you get a semi-stable group soon.

Good luck, Anon.
>>
What is the most overpowered "official" mech ever made?
>>
File: IMG_20150729_215548.jpg (2MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150729_215548.jpg
2MB, 2400x3200px
>>49178936

Define "overpowered".

However, most people will give the nod to either the Hellstar or the Gausszilla variant of the Annihilator C2 (or Bryan Nystul's actual Gausszilla, which is largely identical).
>>
>>49176054

>Look, at least neither of those destroy the 'Mech even when working as intended..

The CASE in the torso opposite to the Marauder II's LB-10X ammo probably will. Either by taking out the XL Engine, or by it ripping through the CT and getting the Truly Destroyed result from that.

>>49178936

People will bitch and whine endlessly about the Hellstar but honestly by the time it comes around there are a lot of designs that can hang with it.

I'd nominate the 3058 crop of the Nightstar, Devastator, Pillager, and Thunder Hawk though. Those are 100% bullshit when you have to play against them using canon designs from the Dracs or FWL.
>>
>>49179237
>hose are 100% bullshit when you have to play against them using canon designs from the Dracs or FWL.

If you're playing Dracs or FWL you're playing an NPC OPFOR against the Lyran or Feddie PCs, though. You're supposed to lose. System working as intended.
>>
File: leopard.png (40KB, 383x764px) Image search: [Google]
leopard.png
40KB, 383x764px
>campaign autogen sends out my two lances alongside a Leopard
>some kind of dropship thing
>hard to figure out strafing controls in Megamek
>second turn get across the map and run headlong over a Jenner
>this happens
Holy shit.
>>
>>49178793
Fucking great work buddy. I'll probably never use them, but you are a great GM for doing this
>>
>>49172876
>Looks more like a bug.

It kind of resembles a roach, yes.
>>
>>49179313
Dropships ain't to be fucked with, mang
>>
File: 497px-DragonKick.jpg (71KB, 497x600px) Image search: [Google]
497px-DragonKick.jpg
71KB, 497x600px
battlebump
>>
I've always liked the stalker, but it really does seem to me to be a mech that's kinda fallen by the wayside after the clan invasion.
Are there any good canon or fan variants around that keep the good old dickblimp in the game?
>>
>>49182146
Well, take a -5M, REMOVE NARC for a second ERML and dump a DHS for CASE, and it'll hold up well pretty much forever.

Actually, how about we start a design contest?
Design a 3050-3099 Stalker that actually keeps up with the times
>>
File: Stalker_II.jpg (66KB, 706x741px) Image search: [Google]
Stalker_II.jpg
66KB, 706x741px
>>49182146

Stalker II. A better short-range battery with 8 ERML tied to a targeting computer, an equal/better long-range battery with two ELRM-10s, and hardened armor makes it much more durable than the original. Very solid all around, and definitely worth looking at.
>>
>>49182146
there's the stalker II in tro 3145 fwl. it's goofy as shit. it's nearly unkillable but it's a 3/4 with tarcommed mls
>>
>>49182200
they aren't ermls. they're regular mls. shit is S L O W
>>
>>49170221
>>49170371
Are there any mechs that use the LGR right? I agree that almost all the variants I've seen it used on suck.

Frankly does the LGR have a decent use?
>>
>>49182200
I figured they'd slap CDHS in, upgrade the Ls to CERLs and call it a day.
>>
>>49181581
Happened to me twice on the weekend. Oh well...
>>
>>49182399
Assaults with double LGRs and C3 apparently work.
>>
>>49182420
I'd toss in some Streak LRMs myself.
>>
>>49170600
>tfw the Capellans even manag to steal the Wraith from the FWL

Purple burd can't have nice things
>>
I'm trying to get into Battletech (proper game with some friends, RPG with others) and I'm getting a little confused about things, there's just so much material.

For the RPG, where do I start from? I got the "A Time of War" qsr from the pdf folders, where do I find the actual rules?
>>
>>49182871
>where do I find the actual rules?
Total War's the tabletop ruleset.
>>
>>49127915
New here, does anyone watch death from above? If so what's your opinion?
>>
>>49182946
Oooh, that makes sense.
Thanks mate!
>>
>>49182181
you are a tech at irian's factory on shiro iii in 3069. the stalker 5M is ubiquitous and completely shit. it's oversinked, the narc is useless, and there's un-cased ammo everywhere. the blakists want an unfucked conversion that they can also start building right away, and they don't have room for a new line.

by the way, they want it right now, and they want it to work seamlessly with either whatever fwl militia garbage they've confiscated, as well as some sort of new project with half the shit redacted and FOR EYES ONLY on everything.

thus, the stalker 5W. out goes the narc and the srms, in goes c3i, mmls, and case everywhere. the goofy leg ammo bin is still there, but now it's full of mml ammo. it can fill in for seraphs and archangels if it has to, and it still rolls off the line with surplus narc-capable lrms.

after the jihad, it fell out of use along with c3i networks. irian briefly tested a 5X, which yanked a dhs, the sl, and the c3i to replace it with an early wasat tarcom. after the fourth expensive prototype targeting computer was destroyed in an ammo explosion, the project was scrapped until irian revists the stalker a generation later.
>>
>>49182200
Also Hardened Armor+Torso Cockpit. Because standing is for chumps.
>>
What are some good provincial tier general availability mechs to use? Like a tier above planetary militia but not quite what the government will issue troops.
Besides Bugs, of course.
>>
>>49185860
Like when? 3rd War, you'd be looking at family mechs of stuff no longer in production or at least not in production in their home state. Also likely low end medium or lighter.

Like some dude with a Clint, Thorn, Mongoose, Javelin, Hermes 1, Falcon, Firefly, Falcon Hawk, Talon, Assassin etc etc.
>>
>>49185980
Anything between end of the 3rd war and Operation Bulldog is game.
>>
>>49186081
Works pretty much this way. Prior to the 3050's, any mech you had in your military was fair game to be issued to your frontline troops. Militia is where you had local nobles that owned their own machines and where you sent your wrecked stuff to rust to death, like that Wolverine with the leaky reactor sinks that never could quite get the gyro back in sync even after tearing it apart three times.

Even in the Jihad era, 1/10-1/3 of the troops in big boy mainline units of a given house could be equipped with old ass pure Succession Wars tech.

So really the only thing that I would think fits in both general availability and non-mainline unit would be maybe some of the bargain basement mercenary market machines, like the Cronus.

Otherwise, if you're talking just about secondline units, then unsuccessful last generation upgrades or short lived designs are not bad bets. Like some of the real shitty Marik refit kits from the Clan Invasion would be likely candidates by Bulldog.
>>
File: zalgo wants to play.png (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zalgo wants to play.png
173KB, 1920x1080px
Welp, Megamek/MekHQ seems to be getting worse the more I play it. Any pop-up or dialog box in the program can cause it, along with camera panning. All of a sudden the draw functions go "Hey, having fun? How 'bout I fĶ‚Ķ­Ģ½Ķ”ĶšuĶ’ĢŽĶ›Ģ¾ĢĢ†Ģ±cĢ†ĢƒĶŠĢƒĶĶ­Ķ’Ģ©Ģ„ĢžkĶĶ’Ķ›Ģ‹Ķ›Ģ¶Ķ”Ķ•Ģ„Ķ…Ģ® Ģ“Ķ£Ķ’ĶŠĢ„Ģ•Ģ¼Ģ—ĢŖĢ¤ĢiĶ„Ģ‚Ģ‘Ķ›Ģ€ĶÆĶ¦Ģ¹ĶŽĶ‡Ģ±tĶÆĶ†Ģ“ĶšĢÆĢ² ĶĶÆĢ‘ĶŠĶ’ĢŒĢ»Ģ³uĢ‚Ģ¶Ģ¹ĢŖĢ¤Ģ™Ģ£pĢ‰Ģ“ĶÆĢ„Ķ™Ķ–!ĢˆĶĢ»Ģ¹Ģ»Ķ“Ģ¹Ģ³Ģ«"

I'm guessing Meklab has the same problem but I haven't used it enough to find out.

RIP both my merc companies.
>>
>>49182947
I watch it at 1.5x speed on youtube. I'm enjoying it, although they're starting to wrap up character arcs, and therefore doing a touch more "how do you cope with trauma/PTSD" drama than is to my taste.

The boardgame segments have more dialog than combat, which is good for making the scenario more meaningful campaign-wise and for reducing the death toll per engagement.

I like the messages the robot reads out from the audience; the special abilities seem to be an interesting substitute for Edge Points, more or less.
>>
>>49186354
Might have fixed it with compatibility mode.
>>
>>49182947
It's alright, although I usually have something better to be doing of a Friday night.
>>
File: m25 - HNT-207 Hornet LAM.png (148KB, 1118x2093px) Image search: [Google]
m25 - HNT-207 Hornet LAM.png
148KB, 1118x2093px
slow thread needs fast 'mech

>reference art to follow
>>
>>49190054
>1 of 6
Hornet from The Spider and the Wolf
>>
>>49190100
Hah, that's straight up an alpha fighter from robotech's MOSEDPEA segment (I honestly can't remember the original series name for the mech).
>>
File: 1426215910960.jpg (418KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1426215910960.jpg
418KB, 1600x1200px
>>49190100
artist's note for the above
>>
File: afc-01i.jpg (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
afc-01i.jpg
59KB, 400x400px
>>49190257
>>49190201
Yep, the Legioss!
www.mahq.net/mecha/mospeada/mospeada/afc-01i.htm
>>
>>49190054
Oh hey anon. The inner workings of your mind are an enigma and a half, but it's always interesting to see what comes of it
>>
File: DeathCommando_Hornet1.jpg (76KB, 400x458px) Image search: [Google]
DeathCommando_Hornet1.jpg
76KB, 400x458px
>>49190285
>4 of 6
BattleDroids version:
www.skumm.ca/BDpages/bd-hornet.html
>>
File: TRC-4B_Chameleon.jpg (233KB, 614x766px) Image search: [Google]
TRC-4B_Chameleon.jpg
233KB, 614x766px
>>49190307
Thanks!

>>49190318
>5 of 6
original Chameleon art
>>
File: Hornet and Duan Gung.jpg (58KB, 512x298px) Image search: [Google]
Hornet and Duan Gung.jpg
58KB, 512x298px
>>49190460
>6 of 6
modern Hornet next to Duan Gung
>>
>>49190494
By the Captain General, is it ugly.
>>
>>49178936
I'd say the Hellstar. It's min/maxed with no downside to its 4 heat neutral head capping ERPPCs
>>
>>49190641
I guess you could call it the Guan Dung.
>>
>>49159780
>pull down their pants. dracs are pixel-y

This was... way more hilarious than it should have been.
>>
>>49190257
Oh Lawd, them FASA Trek TNG illustrations.
>>49190494
Never really put those two together, but yeah. That's some cheap chassis-hacking right thurr.
>>
>>49178936
The Turkina Z is one of the scariest mechs around. It can deliver 144 points of damage per turn. I don't know if one would call it optimized, but sure is one of the mechs designed to be as OP as possible
>>
>>49192178
Kinda makes one wonder how the Society still managed to lose.
>>
File: Spaceport Units copy.jpg (745KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceport Units copy.jpg
745KB, 2550x3300px
>>49178832
Missed a couple of things.

Hex-chits for vees that were used in the game...
>>
File: CityUnits copy.jpg (512KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
CityUnits copy.jpg
512KB, 2550x3300px
>>49192341
>>
File: CeallachLocust.png (150KB, 453x658px) Image search: [Google]
CeallachLocust.png
150KB, 453x658px
>>49192363
Last, a tundra-pattern locust that had been made for a player, but she ended up bringing a colored 'mech on the day thereof, so I scanned and printed that.

This looks much better scaled down to average mech size.
>>
>>49192223
>Kinda makes one wonder how the Society still managed to lose.
They had like five of them on widely-scattered planets, and the military force of one Clan plus three shattered ones and a handful of pirates versus the combined weight of at least four mostly-intact Clans (with space and usually air superiority) at any given time. Clans who had no qualms whatsoever about breaking out the WMD against them.
>>
>>49192553
>Clans who had no qualms whatsoever about breaking out the WMD against them.

That makes the Society even stupider; their entire plan hinged on fighting in ways they figured the warrior caste wouldn't have the stomach to match.
>>
>>49192903
>their entire plan hinged on fighting in ways they figured the warrior caste wouldn't have the stomach to match.
That's the thing - any war which hinges on your opponent being too prissy to match whatever awful shit you're pulling out is doomed to fail. The only thing that's ever kept humans from being precisely as awful as we COULD be is certain religions. Sometimes, anyway.. and/or not wanting to be the first one who pulls the trigger.
>>
>>49186281
>Like some of the real shitty Marik refit kits from the Clan Invasion

Examples pls? Like the Stalker without CASE?
>>
>>49194664
Yes. Or the hunchback with one ton of ammo, the trashbuchet, the not-so-awesome and many other machines
>>
>>49182146
The 7D and 8S.
>>
File: Manticore.gif (28KB, 624x379px) Image search: [Google]
Manticore.gif
28KB, 624x379px
>Too bad there's already someone who regularly goes by CampaignAnon, otherwise I'd use that myself.

I've popped in a few times with rule questions regarding the AToW campaign I'm starting and I said I'd do a battle report after the first session, so here I am.

The group grew twice since I first formed it - at first we had a Scimitar driver, Saladin driver, and Peregrine pilot, all members of a Kurita company in a Legion of Vega regiment, stationed on the Steiner border in 3025. Then we added two Mechwarriors, the first in a Valkyrie and the second in a Griffin. Character creation went well, backgrounds include farm-boy-turned-tanker, two war orphans (one Lyran, one Combine) that found themselves mechwarrior training with a family that took note of their struggles, a minor noble who washed out of mechwarrior training and ended up a tank driver, and a female VTOL pilot struggling to get ahead in the male-centered DCMS.

The intro mission was a raid on a Steiner world - the player's company was brought along to provide a distraction and hit a supply depot, while a Dieron Regulars battalion hit the spaceport and military base. To reduce the sheer number of units on the board (as some of the players are new/returning to the actual game) the heavy mech lance drew off the faster defenders while the lighter elements of the company (including the PCs) hit the depot and any remaining forces. The defenders consisted of a Hunchback, Manticore and a handful of lightly-armored turrets - not a fair fight for the poor Lyrans, but this was meant to be a surprise raid as well as a refresher for how to play the game.
>>
File: Hunchback.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hunchback.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>49196189
It started off well, with the Peregrines blasting over the depot at flank speed and getting a good look at the defenders - they spent the rest of the fight poking and stabbing at turrets and rear arcs, while spotting for the Valkyrie and Griffin's indirect LRM fire when requested. The other two mechs (Firestarter, Wasp) and the two Saladins charged in to mob the Hunchback. The Hunchie put up a good show- it killed the NPC Saladin and scared the life out of both PC mechwarriors with AC/20 shots, one of which needed an 11, got a 12, and rolled 12 for location on the Griffin - good thing the players have Edge! but eventually crumpled to several CT shots. The last blow was from the player-driven Saladin - first mech kill of the campaign went to a tanker! The Manticore had all of its rear and left-side armor blown off over a couple of turns and tried to reverse into a canyon where it could force the enemies to come in its front arc - only to find the pair of Scimitars had flanked it. The crew promptly surrendered rather than eat shots on its naked internals. The turrets had been summarily cleaned up early on, and the heavy lance drove off the other defenders.

The company's Union hopped over, and there was much looting had by all - including the surrendered Manticore, the smashed-up Hunchback and a Harasser hovertank that hadn't been deployed owing to the engine being in several pieces for repairs. Unfortunately, the players got their first realization of what being a third-line junker regiment like the Legion of Vega means when the Dieron Regulars claimed the Hunchback as "their" salvage.

Next week, I'm planning on introducing them to the personal combat rules - who knows when they might find themselves shot out of their rides, attacked by commandos, or what-have-you?
>>
>>49168571
Friendly reminder to create a new thread in a few posts and to include this link

Good night, Btg
We talk tomorrow
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 388x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 388x600px
Whats everyone's thoughts on the thug?
>>
>>49197446
Love that angry bastard - I might get flak for it, but I think I'd take one over a Marauder.
>>
>>49197446
Honestly, my only beef with it a little bit on the fact that it's 80 tons and therefore is considered an assault machine, which is annoying when doing force organization for canon units, but that really isn't much.
I still kinda prefer upgraded warhammers and marauders, but only by a very little
>>
File: chargebypunakettuedit01.jpg (847KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chargebypunakettuedit01.jpg
847KB, 1920x1200px
Which 'Mech usually wins in a straightforward one-on-one fight in the TT? The Timber Wolf Prime or the Black Knight BL-6-KNT?
>>
>>49198487
Probably the Timber Wolf unless the BLK gets a TAC on the LRM ammo or hits the Timbie in the head with the PPC and gets lucky on the crit roll.
>>
>>49198487
The Black Knight always triumphs!
>>
>>49198911
This really is the best bet for the Black Knight actually. The Timber Wolf is faster, has better armor, and a largely superior armament, but it has a couple of fuck-me buttons whereas the Black Knight doesn't. If he can hit one of those before the Clanner pulls a King Arthur on him, then the Black Knight can indeed triumph.
>>
File: WITNESS ME.jpg (368KB, 1141x616px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS ME.jpg
368KB, 1141x616px
Running a MechWarrior game, and... well... We're in the Periphery, and we have to escape Slavers.
>>
>>49196230
>The Hunchie put up a good show- it killed the NPC Saladin and scared the life out of both PC mechwarriors with AC/20 shots
It is good to learn early. I also assume that put a gleam in Saladin driver's eye.
>>
>>49199883
I think it gave him a respect for the cannon he's zooming around with! And that was part of my logic for putting them up against a small but tough force for a learning mission - you have the tough brawler in the hunchback, and the Manticore with a strong payload but minimum ranges. They figured out fast which one to hug and which one to dump LRMs on from over a hill.
>>
>>49199310
Post lance loadouts and models plox

Enemy forces and your own.

Prepare to be witnessed
>>
>>49199310
Gotta find the Periphery vehicle that was basically an armored semi-trailer with an AC and lasers on it. Would essentially work as a convoy guard for periphery supplies. Even took its own trailer too.
>>
File: the fuck is this thing.png (260KB, 705x714px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this thing.png
260KB, 705x714px
Pic related
>>
New thread this way!

>>49200377

Post new art of old classics!
>>
>>49200155
Currently completely nakey. We're currently plotting a breakout with a strange ComStar dude who is also a Slave. Hoping we can steal the slavers Mechs.
>>
Why does this tank have to look so good? This vehicle is the reason I want to get into DA.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.