[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cybernetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: digital-brain.jpg (987KB, 2714x3000px) Image search: [Google]
digital-brain.jpg
987KB, 2714x3000px
The phrase invokes imagery of artificial limbs and technological super powers. But Cybernetics don't just describe the modification of the human body to a more technologically integrated organism.

The more relevant side of Cybernetics by far is the idea of the world as a complex system that must be managed. Ecology, economy, social values, everything is seen as a black box that can be controlled by reading a few simple indicators and adjusting a few simple conditions. The old idea of man as the pinnacle of creation at the center of a universe defined by individualism has somehow made its way from ancient cults into the age of Cyberspace - the place that makes the inner dynamics of humans readable to a machine.

And this is good for roleplaying because it is fiction and tales need ideas to deconstruct.

How does your setting outline the robotic qualities of characters in society? How does dealing with that conformity turn it into a story?

And what other ruling principles could be put in contrast?
>>
Interesting way to bring a party together:

http://fusion.net/story/339018/facebook-psychiatrist-privacy-problems/
>>
A take on the idea of the sort of hive mind of interconnected cyborgs that's usually not done would for the government to either be neutral or opposed to human hives as individualism is popular among both the general populace and the political landscape.

Gangs of cyborgs come together to link themselves over networks to strengthen their unity. Many of the punks doing this still keep their punk aesthetic and ideologies, but they often act and feel as one.
>>
religous and social enclaves that do this as a means of solidarity and unity. Not well taken to on Earth mainly because you have some groups trying to get the privilage of being an individual in some instances while being a group of individuals in others for various legal purposes.

But this goes in degrees: in some cases the link is just to strengthen their bond with each other, they are still individuals and view themselves as such where others require conformity of indentity making you assume a new name ( and even apperance).
>>
...so, Rand, Greenspan, Clinton, Jobs?
>>
File: Angry Samurai.jpg (71KB, 479x700px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Samurai.jpg
71KB, 479x700px
>>49093227
>How does your setting outline the robotic qualities of characters in society? How does dealing with that conformity turn it into a story?

Honestly L5R is a good place to start with that. Everyone ostensibly has the exact same moral system, has more or less the same education, and is expected to do the same type of duty. Differentiating yourself as an individual in a society where individualism is not encouraged is a key theme. Watching 5 Crab bushi compete with each other is a wonderful example of roleplaying you almost never see anywhere else.
>>
File: 1467383736299.jpg (24KB, 354x355px) Image search: [Google]
1467383736299.jpg
24KB, 354x355px
>>49093807
>rand
>>
>>49093227
Can we talk about cybernetics and body mods currently availible?

I'm thinking of buying those finger magnets.

What is your opnion about them tg?
>>
>>49093227
Asimov FOundation trilogy is basicaly that.

How to control a galaxy population by hitting a few switches.
>>
>>49094201
>those finger magnets.
We don't know how they work.
>>
To a man with a hammer...

every problem looks like a statistic.
>>
>>49094201
I want to install them as well, but i don't know how they react with RMI's and stuff.
Don't want to have them pulled out of my finger, or screwing up my x-ray with a big white disrupting blob, or having to explain i shoved magnets in me for fun, or worse not being able to explain to doctors if something isn't working because of them, because im unconcious
>>
Want to remote control people?

Place Pokemon gyms.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.