[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Friendly reminder to tell us what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 41

File: ss+(2016-08-31+at+01.12.38).jpg (294KB, 702x899px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-31+at+01.12.38).jpg
294KB, 702x899px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

New pathfinder AP came out today. Is it good? Is it bad? What are you thoughts if you read through it. It's better then a fucking monstergirl discussion and picture anyways.
Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old thread: >>49084135
>>
>>49091345
Finally, a decent thread.
>>
So i'm going to play my first game of pathfinder ever today.

What am I in for? Should I bring lube?
>>
>>49091679
>Should I bring lube?
Yes.
>>
>>49091705
I thought as much. Min maxers and such?>
>>
>>49091679
yes, and tell us more about it and your experience with ttrpgs. If it's your first. run
>>
>>49091721
Well, it's not my first ttrpg. But it is my first pathfinder one.

been playing them for a few years now.
>>
Where's the cute anime girl?
>>
>>49091345
>In search of sanity
Appropriate.

Is it more weeb to use a sansetsukon and go Zweiwarder, or to get the DM to treat an offhand katana sheath as a shield for warder purposes?
>>
>magus

Why do I hate people who play magi.
I don't want to, but they make me.
>>
>>49091914
Why do you hate them?
>>
>>49091813
I'd say the latter is much more weeb
>>
>>49092004
They're all overpowered pieces of shit.
>>
>>49092597
And they all want to be Elric.
>>
File: TowerGirl.jpg (100KB, 275x510px) Image search: [Google]
TowerGirl.jpg
100KB, 275x510px
Does anyone have a copy of this picture without the pop-up in the bottom? Or the pdf it is from (I believe it's from Shards of Sin from Shattered Star)?
>>
>>49092619
>Never read the books or even know the character because they aren't famous in my country
>Same with the Witcher
>Play PF
>Go Bladebound Hexcrafter
>Everybody "look this Elric of Rivia wannabe"
Had to read some wikias to understand why they meant
Maybe, just maybe is not that people copy those, is that the class is that? Fuck, I was CG, literally nothing like those characters
>>
>>49092004
Not that anon, but I also hate magi, mostly because the players in my group use themm for builds to beat all forms of DR and energy resist. Makes a fair number of "tough creatures" pretty lame, and requires stupid, convoluted encounter design that ends up feeling rather spiteful to get enemies that last for longer than a round.
>>
>>49092004
They attract awful people.
Not every magi is played by awful people, but awful people seem to always want to play magi.
>>
>>49091914
They're the pet class of PF, sort of like how warlock is the pet class of 5e.
>>
>>49093741
>Pet class
What does this mean? because warlock in 5e is meh as fuck unless you go EB turret, and even if you go EB turret is just ok.
>>
>>49093872
"Pet class" basically means "the devs love this class, so they're constantly getting ideas (both good, bad, and broken) to give to it, and it gets the most attention in balance updates, but never anything that will cripple it because the devs play it and therefore would be ruining it for themselves."

it's a bit a mouthful, so we needed to have an easy way to refer to them.
>>
>>49093908
Soooo not Warlock in 5e. Understood.
>>
>>49093872
>>49093908
Sounds more like Alchemist to me.
>>
>>49093925
Eh, alchemist is a sweetspot rather than a pet class I think. the mages are their pet classes; they love their magical shit.

Alchemist is just a class that can maintain a better degree of overall balance due to the fact that it and the hunter are the two best balanced classes in Pathfinder. It makes them difficult for the devs to screw up.
>>
>>49093908
Like an Aegis?
>>
>>49093976
Aegis? Aegis barely gets anything except one or two new customizations every now and then.
>>
>tfw one of your players is really nice person and social, but very passive roleplayer
Those people are the worst, because you like them but are bothered by their lack of input
>>
>>49094007
Give them optional stuff that only their character can do to try and hook them into the narrative.
>>
>>49093908
I thought pet class meant that the class had a pet
>>
File: Consider_the_following.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Consider_the_following.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>49094007
I'm the individual in that situation. A lot of the time I'm passive in roleplay because the others are enjoying themselves and I don't want to cut in.

The way my GM deals with it is by putting my character in a position where she can influence the party due to quest hooks. For instance, since my character is an oracle (I like playing support, what can I say?) he likes to give my character visions in the form of notes. when I was playing an alchemist before, he made it so that I was wa well-known alchemist, and there'd often be people coming to meet me.

Small stuff, possible plothooks, and interesting social encounters. doesn't have to be major things, but it's easy to get such a player involved in things with a small amount of extra work.
>>
File: AnimalLover.png (168KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalLover.png
168KB, 960x800px
>>49094101
Nah, that's petmaster class.
>>
>>49094007
I always worry about saying something stupid or out-of-character. Or I just can't figure out what my character would actually say in that particular situation so I just sit back and let others speak. I'm not very good at dialogue in general and my characters tend to be a bit samey personality wise. It feels like complete shit when everyone else in my group makes these cool and memorable characters but mine never do anything special, no real plot hooks, they just end up in the background 99% of the time. None of my PCs tend to have much depth. I really hate it honestly.
>>
I can't wait for Star Finder to come out. I will learn how to GM just so I can run a game for my friends. I've always had fun playing Pathfinder, but I'm definitely more of a Sci-fi guy than a fantasy guy.
>>
File: Coat_over_power_Armor.jpg (116KB, 1323x603px) Image search: [Google]
Coat_over_power_Armor.jpg
116KB, 1323x603px
>>49094415
And do keep in mind it's billed as conversion friendly, so if you want to, you should probably be able to convert fantasy stuff for anyone who isn't a sci fi person.
>>
>>49094433
Yeah, once I get my hands on the Player's guide and GM book I plan on reading them both cover to cover to make sure I understand everything.

I've only ever run two games in my life (both Mutants and Masterminds), so running something in this system might be a little intimidating. But I plan on learning as much as I can to make it easier for myself.
>>
>>49092880
Anon, to be straight honest, DR and energy resist are not fun mechanics to deal with.
It means that either you need a specific weapon sorty to put them down, or your preferred energy type just became useless outright.
Use this as a reason to learn to make better encounters that AREN'T slogs, rather than complain a lazy tactic fails you.
>>
What's a decent yet balanced way to introduce my group to Path of War? We're starting at level 1 with 25 point buy. Both Path of War and Path of War Expanded are allowed.
>>
>>49095802
Depends, are you a Player or DM? Usually both include easing the system in by bringing in characters that first just have the Martial Training feats, Then you go for an archetyped Paizo class if they're comfortable, then you sit back and help another player make and play an initiator while you hold out for the game with a T3 Paizo class, like Inquisitor
>>
File: e3b.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
e3b.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
Well, just read the Medium for the first time. Without having even read the Spirits I can tell this thing is trash.
Seriously, what's the point of this class?
>>
>>49095892
I'm a player.
>>
>>49096163
Then yeah, start off with a combat character and take feats, Bard is surprisingly good at this if built right though you can even take the normal martials, and ease them in. Then support and guide other players into trying and using the system as well.

Remember, it's best to have another player be the first tibiae the full classes and systems first. Otherwise you just look like a tool.
>>
>>49096227
>tibiae
Damn auto-correct, quit boning me!
>>
>>49096053
That could be said about most of the occult classes.
>>
Which Bloodforge 1 or 2 race would you waifu/husbando, /pfg/?
>>
I'm working on my "credit to team" warpriest and this is what I have set up so far:

Human Warpriest
Equipment: Cutlass, Full Plate, Buckler
Blessings: Destruction and ???
Traits: Fate's favored and ???

Feats:
human: ?
Level 1: ?
Level 3: Shield Focus
Level 3 bonus: Quicken Blessing (Destruction)
Level 5: ?
Level 6 bonus: Weapon Specialization
Level 6 FCB: Unhindering Shield
Level 7: ?
Level 9: ?
Level 9 bonus: Greater Weapon Focus
Level 11: ?
Level 12 bonus: ?
Level 12 FCB: Greater Weapon Specialization

I want to add greater shield focus in somewhere but a pre-req is 8th level fighter.

The plan is to use 3rd level pearls of power in order to grant magic vestments to both my armor + shield, and any party members that want it. That will save on some WBL for the party.

I'll use divine favor as my first swift action self buff, then add the sacred weapon/armor boost, then probably the destruction blessing. That combined with a keen cutlass should make him very competent in melee.

What the hell do I spend all of these feats on /pfg/?
>>
>>49096490
>no minigun
dropped
>>
>>49096545
>minigun
?
>>
The alchemist's bomb ability says that it takes a standard action to prep and throw one and that they go inert after a round. Does that mean they can just prep but not throw them somebody else can toss it? If so how does that interact with an aether kineticist's blast?
>>
Why does /tg/ hate pathfinder so much?
I mean I get why they could hate the threads because of the constant catgirls, but why the hate for the game?
Is Paizo dying at all? I feel like they're doing perfectly fine, but I don't have my ear to the pulse of companies.
What are the problems that everyone complains about but never explain?
>>
>>49096638
An alchemist's bomb, like an extract, becomes inert if used or carried by anyone else.
>>
>>49096645
The game promotes being a curmudgeon about things. People who end up playing any 3.x system tend to only ever play that, rejecting the possibility of other systems.

Also the fact that PFS is mostly autists and Paizo is mostly SJWs.
>>
>>49096645
13 year old rules
It is a game that ignores 13 years of progress
>>
>>49096632
Heavy was credit to team.

>>49096672
Where does it say that?
>>
>>49096682
>Paizo is mostly SJWs
read this as:
>I am easily triggered by the mention of women or trans people in any medium, and wish I could return to my safe space where games only involved men
>>
>>49096707
In bomb rules.
>>
>>49096645
Poor balance, fixed almost nothing in terms of the balance issues from 3.5, constant Caster supremacy from day one that has only gotten more apparent, poor design, a world/setting that was poorly written and squandered save for the occasional small gems, constant agenda pushing and fetish by the devs, refusal to consider or listen to playtest feedback, PFS with retarded rules and rulings, errata that just make more problems than fixes them, and outrageously over priced books.

I hope Paizo dies, good riddance to bad rubbish I say.
>>
>>49096713
t. triggered SJW
>>
>>49096698
That is a very general statement, what is the progress?
>>49096682
This is something that makes sense,I've played all editions and while I agree 5th is probably a better system I just can't get behind the blanket generalness of it. I don't like no options
>>
>>49096713
Then you're an idiot who k owe nothing about the idiocy that is Crystal and Jessica.

Seriously, even the tyrannies of /pfg/, which several have posted here, think it's a load of overpandering, idiotic, hamfisted SJW crap.
>>
>>49096718
Guess I'm blind, thanks. Maybe my DM will ok a combo throw if they have infusion.
>>
>>49096719
>I hate Paizo and pathfinder
Why are you in this thread then?
>>
>>49096726
>pazio is full of SJWs!
>no. It's literally one trans writer who wrote about a trans character and says stupid stuff on her blog sometimes. Unless you are coming the books and internet to find it you probably won't even realize it is there.
>OH NO THE SJW HAS INFILTRATED 4CHAN!
Just fucking grow up. Adults have more important things to worry about than sub-quality writing.
>>
>>49096739
Getting rid of rules that are not needed and rewriting rules that can be done better.
>>
>>49096762
>4chan
>adults
Ha

>>49096755
A lot of us come here since we are the grognards who can't leave the system, but see it's flaws.
>>
>>49096762
It's more the fact that the write Amber Scott is known for tokenizing LGBTs to make herself look good.

As a gay guy who gays with other gays, I can tell you that we consider her to be a piece of shit.
>>
>>49096755
>is new to /pfg/
Enjoy your stay pal, not even /pfg/ thinks it's a good game. We have fun with, and use loads of 3pp and homebrew, but almost no one here is dumb enough to think it's a well made game or that Paizo and it's Postponed know what they're doing.

Lurk moar newfag
>>
>>49096718
I've read the Bombs entry multiple times now, but I don't see anything that says only the Alchemist can throw the bombs.
>>
How would you justify killing all niggers in Golarion?
>>
>>49096755
>pfg
>not bitching about Paizo
Paidrone detected
>>
>>49096755
I could explain everything wrong with pathfinder, but it would take at least an hour.

The good thing about pathfidner is that the base mechanics (grid movement, AoOs, actions) are incredibly solid and ___ __fun____ ____ __

>>49096791
If you need someone to be upset at there are better targets that someone using you as a token for internet points.

>>49096796
>Paizo and it's Postponed know what they're doing
They did something right with the advanced class guide. I like every class in it.
>>
>>49096811
I wouldn't, Jatembe is a bamf, even if his college is full of pussies. Nice false flagging btw, got me to respond
>>
>>49096805
It is at the very end of Bomb (Su)
>>
>>49096817
>ACG
>liked every class
wew lad
>>
>>49096490
g...guys?
>>
>>49096847
Even the arcaneist, while a wizard, is better for gameplay than a wizard.

Name one that is bad. ONE.
>>
>>49096817
ACG was good, except Cavalier was kinda meh, and many of the archetypes also felt meh
>>
>>49096869
>>49096817

Well I'm an idiot, misread the ACG as the APG. I'm an idiot

Yeah, ACG was really mediocre
>>
>>49096888
>Well I'm an idiot, misread the ACG as the APG.
na it's ok everyone makes mistakes
>I'm an idiot
...you already said tha...
>Yeah, ACG was really mediocre
You're an idiot.
>>
>>49096713
So in other words, you're ignorant of the situation. So why are you commenting, just to shitpost?
>>
>>49096867
Warpriest aka the class with out an identity
>>
So what's /pfg/ think about Strange Aeons so far? Worth following, or should I write it off before even bothering with it.
>>
>>49096945
Battle cleric that has proper action economy
>>
>>49096934
No. I am fully aware of the situation.

Pasio pays shit money for writers, and gets shit writers. One of those writers is trans or something, and writes about trans stuff more than she probably should. She is also human and says stupid stuff on the internet once in a while if you really dig for it.

Someone on 4chan gets ABSOLUTELY BUTT DEVASTATED about this for some reason, and everyone basically agrees they should shut the fuck up and find something else to get offended about.
>>
>>49096957
I like the first book
>>
>>49096945
I was thinking of making him the "I'm a old-pro, and want to encourage/facilitate these younger players get into tabletop games" character.

In character, he will be a CN seeker of conflict. He looks for battles to test himself/others, enjoys competitions, and generally thinks the purpose of life is to challenge or be challenged.
>>
>>49096835
Confirmed, am blind.
>>
>>49096960
Then why not make a cleric archetype that does that? Why not an Inquisitor or paladin?

The fact it shares it's list with cleric but only gets 2/3 casting is ass and you know it. No discounts, no unique spells. It's whole concept is use self-buffed weapon, cast spell, and full attack (or vital strike for gimmicks). It's like a worse magus that's got a shitty divine list.

Inquisitor does the divine gish thing better
Paladin does the frontline martial better
Cleric does battle cleric better due to better/earlier access to buffs.

Warpriest is just a sub-par class that has Quicken metamagic rod as a class feature.
>>
>>49097050
You forgot bonus feats and blessings.
Of course, if you absolutely hate Fighter, you will not like Warpriest. But he is unique still from Inquisitor and Paladin.

Also Paladin is hampered by falling.
>>
File: blinkling.jpg (657KB, 800x1081px) Image search: [Google]
blinkling.jpg
657KB, 800x1081px
>>49096440
>>
>>49096867
Swashbuckler, aka "I need 5 swift actions a turn to match a fighter, and am most useful as a 1 level dip for people who want to evade their Dex feat taxes"
>>
>>49097050
I mean, if you wanna take that route most classes are identity-less shit.
>>
>>49097091
I already don't like that most martial classes get pigeonholed into thematics while casters have flexibility without archetypes/3pp.

Casters can be summoners/necromancers/illusionists/mind controllers/blasters/Support/Self-buff and melee.

Meanwhile martials get one theme per class
Fighter hits with metal thing.
Barbarian hits with metal thing while being angry.
Ranger hits with metal thing while being racist.
Paladin hits with metal thing against evil
Cavalier hits with metal thing while mounted
Swashbucker hits with metal thing One-handedly
Monk/Brawler hits with metal thing while unarmed.
>>
File: JojoICannotDecide.png (534KB, 598x512px) Image search: [Google]
JojoICannotDecide.png
534KB, 598x512px
>>49097050
>>49097091
Something that always bugged me is how the Hunter got to poach the the "better of the two" spells off Ranger and Druid, but the Warpriest didn't get to poach spells off the Paladin/Antipaladin list.

Also no Cha-casting "basically a 3/4th BaB 6th caster paladin" archetype for the warpriest, which upsets me greatly even though I'm sure there's a "good reason".
>>
>>49097050
It is rare that I see one piticular post that is full of so much stupid that I feel the need to actually take it apart piece by piece and examine it. Here we go:

>Then why not make a cleric archetype that does that?
Because archetypes that change spellcasting progressions are ass and confusing. >Why not an Inquisitor or paladin?
Because the first one is a spontaneous caster, and the second one is hardly a caster at all.

>The fact it shares it's list with cleric but only gets 2/3 casting is ass and you know it.
Not true in fact. Many uses of the cleric's spell list are fulfilled by it's low level spells. One of the cleric "capstone" spells is plane-shift, which is just a 5th level spell. Many of the cleric spells also inherently scale with level, ex: divine favor vs. enlarge.

>It's like a worse magus that's got a shitty divine list.
It's like a different magus with a divine list, that is less about doing damage and more about fully replacing the divine caster in your group. You don't need a cleric if you have a warpriest.

>Inquisitor does the divine gish thing better
Except it doesn't. Divine favor, sacred weapon, sacred armor, destruction blessing add up to make a warpriest a very dangerous combatant.

>Paladin does the frontline martial better
And has practically no casting support / feats at all.

>Cleric does battle cleric better due to better/earlier access to buffs.
This is where you went full retard. Spending your entire turn to make yourself better in the next turn with a higher level spell is a very stupid idea compared to getting all of your self buffs for free. Sure, if you give a cleric five turns to cast all of his 1min/level buffs on himself then yes, he is dangerous. The warpriest is dangerous even when surprised.

>Quicken metamagic rod as a class feature.
Its a rod of Quicken+Still, it doesn't use up a hand, and it works for every level of spell.
>>
>>49097234
Well you can blame that on Paizo never changing how core rules work
Or they make alternative rules like Called shot but do not write them into solid rules for everyday playing
>>
>>49097134
>>49096440
stop
>>
>>49097214

Now you're getting it.
>>
>>49097148
Oh fuck. I had forgotten that abomination existed.

90% is still an A
>>
>>49097234
Because you cannot cause illusions, animate dead, throw fire around or control minds with a sword
>>
>>49097270
Right, so it's stupid to just focus on one for that.
>>
>>49097234
>Ranger hits with metal thing while being racist.

My sides.
>>
>>49097290
But why make one class that can do all of that and change it around day after day while also making classes that get locked to "thematic fighting styles" that just do damage differently depending on condition?
>>
>>49097315
>change it around day after day
spontaneous casters exist. Also some people take spell focus or whatever.
>>
>>49097315

Because casters rule and martials drool. That's one of the core tenets of the system.
>>
>>49097315
Because wizard is a class class and people picked this game up to preserve status quo
>>
>>49096796
> We have fun with, and use loads of 3pp and homebrew

So it's a good game, or at the very least, good enough.
>>
>>49097352
It's not a good game, it's just the best game we have.

The entire industry is managed by people who make less than 50k a year. EVERYTHING is amateur bullshit and pathfinder just happened to be decent enough to play.
>>
>>49097352

You can have fun throwing rocks at street signs, that doesn't necessarily mean that "Rock v. Street Sign 2nd Edition" is a good game, or a well-designed one. It just means that groups of people can manage to have fun doing stupid shit.
>>
File: Robin and Corrin.jpg (49KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
Robin and Corrin.jpg
49KB, 500x611px
Reminder that despite not being in the OP, the Legendary Villains: Vigilantes playtest is still going on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49097249
They've made inquisitor archetypes that are prepared, i.e. living grimoire.

I agree that paladin might suffer due to no major casting/buffs, but the cleric would get access to the useful low-level spells earlier.

Inquisitor also gets divine favor, can use judgements for the same efficacy of sacred weapon for most things (raw enhancements) as well as getting things like extra AC when need. Fervor could have just been a mechanic added through an archetype.
>>
>>49097460
>Inquisitor also gets divine favor
not as a swift action

>>49097460
>can use judgements for the same efficacy of sacred weapon for most things (raw enhancements) as well as getting things like extra AC when need

Sacred weapon/armor are both applied with the same swift action for 1 fevor, AND they stack with divine favor. At the start of the second round the warpriest has all three active.

If the "archetype" changes basically every class feature it should be a new class. Especially if it also changes how it is played.
>>
>>49097535
>If the "archetype" changes basically every class feature it should be a new class. Especially if it also changes how it is played.
And thus the sorcerer was born from the wizard.
>>
Does a superscribed armor allow you to have personal-only spells cast by a non-caster?
>>
>>49097396
I think you're better off just speaking for yourself then, if you're going to compare playing a roleplaying game to throwing rocks at street signs.
>>
>>49097535
>If the "archetype" changes basically every class feature it should be a new class. Especially if it also changes how it is played.
I think this is a difference of ideologies here. I'm in favor of highly modular classes that can be built in a lot of different ways (as suggested by >>49097234, though not to the degree of a wizard changing what he prepares.) Classes like Alchemist and Vigilante are nice in my opinion, since I can build them in totally different ways based on archetype/other choices. I understand that other's might have different opinions and that's ok.

On the Sacred weapon/armor, that's probably comparable to judgements since they're both swift actions, modular, scale with level, and stack with divine favor. Seems like a decent comparison to me.

It really seems like the swift action divine favor and bonus feats are all warpriest has over inquisitor, meanwhile that has a better list, bane, better out of combat ability and still gets solo tactics/teamwork feats.
>>
>>49097692

I was pointing out that "but people manage to have fun with it" isn't an indicator that a game is well-designed. I'm sure there are people out there who love playing FATAL.
>>
>>49097726
Isn't there a solo version of that game just called CoC?
>>
>>49097717
You people forget the blessings all the time
>>
>>49097752
And Inquisitor has inquisitions. so what?
>>
>>49097391
>it's just the best game we have.

By that standard then, it's a good game.
Like, by that standard, it's a great game, and that might be saying a bit too much.

It's a good game that needs fixing in a few spots, but it's a game worth fixing.
>>
>>49097770
Blessings are good.
Blessings are often swift actions too.

Swift action summons, swift action re-rolls, swift action freedom of movement (for all allies in a 30 foot radius)

Blessings are really really good.
>>
>>49096490
>>49096850
You can't get Quicken Blessing until 10th level, as you need to have access to your major blessing. Skip Keen, use a feat for Improved Critical and use the money to get another +1 or some shit. In fact, skip cutlass, get proficiency with a falcata instead. Now that you're using a falcata, get Duelist. Don't listen to buildposter, Power Attack is actually a good feat, so pick it up.
>>
>>49097801
Kinda seems like warpriests are pretty choked on swifts, with fervor spells, sacred weapon, sacred armor and blessings
>>
>>49097726
But people choosing to use it, when we're literally drowning in a torrent of hundreds of available systems, kind of means there's more to it than "It's a bad system we hate and we play because we're crazy ha ha."
>>
>>49097801
Most blessings minor ability are standard actions. The major ones tend to be swift but that's level 10 when you could probably get bottlenecked by 1 swift per round
>>
>>49097875
>standard actions
quicken blessing

>>49097821
>Don't listen to math, my feelings tell me that Power Attack is actually a good feat, so pick it up.
>>
>>49097899
>quicken blessing
see >>49097821
You can't get it until you have major blessings, which means likely 11th since feats. Even then, you're burning your blessing uses twice as fast.
>>
>>49097899
>I can pick numbers at which Power Attack isn't cost effective.
>I can't build a barbarian.
>I can't build a zen archer.
Fuck off buildposter.
>>
File: goal post.gif (134KB, 410x309px) Image search: [Google]
goal post.gif
134KB, 410x309px
>>49097852

I'm not wagering a guess as to why people play it, I'm saying your post was a non-argument.
>>
>>49096053
Honestly if you just focus the champion spirit you end up basically better than a straight up fighter.
>>
>>49097821
>Skip Keen, use a feat for Improved Critical
My BAB isn't +8 until level 11. Is it worth it to wait that long?

>>49097821
>falcata instead
Will do.

>Duelist
The class? I don't understand.
>>
>>49097944
>>I can pick numbers at which Power Attack isn't cost effective.
YOU PICK THE NUMBERS. any numbers you want I'll put em in and see the result.

>>I can't build a barbarian.
>>I can't build a zen archer.
build a better one. you won't. we both know it.
>>
>>49097944
ehh, the only reason I'd agree with him is warpriests don't get great Total Attack Bonus. I'd have to look into it but it might not be worth the opportunity cost of something else.

But I'm lazy and won't do math.
>>
>>49097974
Well are you actually starting at level 12? If not, then no, probably better to get a keen falcata. As for duelist, I was just grabbing the feat off of pfsrd. The actual feat name is Taldan Duelist, because the Taldane dueling style is buckler + falcata.
>>
>>49094051
Yeah, engaging them more directly is a sure-fire way to get them to RP more. That transcends systems.
>>
>>49098064
I'm not sure when I will be starting yet. The DM hasn't decided. He is "I'm leaning towards level 1 but if the new people aren't total noobs then higher levels are more fun"
>>
Inquisitor spell list does not have raise dead on it.
>>
>>49096645
5e fanboys get really upset about people liking something they don't like.
>>
>>49096698
Dumbing down isn't the same thing as progress.
>>
>>49098246
The class was released 6 years ago. Did you seriously just now happen to notice that?
>>
>>49098301
There are lot of genuinely good decision choices in 5th, even if you hate "dumbing down".
>>
>>49091679

Have you played any D&D? If yes, Pathfinder shouldn't be that much different, just fairly bloated from all the books available.If no... roll with the gang, do your heroic or mercenary thing and try not to die. You'll get the hang of it eventually.
>>
Still no pdf in the trove for In Search of Sanity. C'mon guys, lets get with the program.
>>
>>49096867
Swashbuckler manages to be even more useless than a monk, it's the worst class in the game.
>>
>>49098356
>>49097280
>>
>>49096645

It was the flavor of the month and awesome when it was new, now people have gotten tired of it being the big D&D-esque thing and can point to 5E or whatever being so much better.

>>49098321
There are imo a lot of good choices in Pathfinder. The problem is that there are many more crap choices. So far, 5E has avoided the latter bit.
>>
>>49098403
>So far, 5E has avoided the latter bit.
By having basically no choices.
>>
>>49096982

Did you manage to find it somewhere for free or did you buy it?
>>
Updated typos and wording on this thing, if anyone cares. Mostly doing it for a game I'm playing one in, but I figure I may as well share it, right?
>>
>>49098403
5th edition has almost no choices between characters, and that's my biggest beef with the game. You make two barbarians, your experience is pretty much going to be identical no matter how you build them, whereas in PF there are a few possible ways to build effective but still fun barbarians and they tend to play rather different.

There are lots of traps, but I'd rather have an array of good and bad choices that let me build very different characters than no choices which only allow me to build 1 character.

The only praiseworthy thing 5e has done is close the gap between martials and casters.
>>
>>49098478
I'm curious, what have been your main tricks with this class so far?
>>
>>49097966
You focusing on one part of the post rather than it in its entirety is kind of how I know you're a bit of a fuckhead.
>>
>>49098630

I dunno about that. The four rogue subclasses don't play anything alike, and there's a pretty huge difference between how the monk subclasses play. Some of the classes do have a lack of variation, though, I'll concede that.
>>
>>49098659

Your entire post was one sentence that didn't make any actual statements other than "some people have fun with it, so it's good." Where is this invisible entirety I'm supposed to be seeing here?
>>
>>49098714
You use it. No one's forcing you to, you're willing to patch it, and you have fun with it.
Only by a bit of a fuckhead's definition would you call that a bad roleplaying game.

Guy way up above said it best. All roleplaying games are built by near-amateurs, and when you go ahead and perform a fair comparison, it's decent and worth playing.
>>
>>49097352
If the game requires massive amounts of home rules, 3pp, and ignoring vast amounts of the core rules to make enjoyable, it's not a good game.

It's like saying a pile of shit is a good dish because you've mixed it with chocolate and jalapenos. At its core, its still active of shit
>>
File: 1463912479813.jpg (11KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
1463912479813.jpg
11KB, 198x328px
>>49098478
>leave of absence for personal reasons
>still homebrewing and posting it

'K, Forrest.
>>
File: 1409948981103.gif (53KB, 828x472px) Image search: [Google]
1409948981103.gif
53KB, 828x472px
Why do you dumb Pathfinder fucks have two general threads up?
>>
>>49098897
I think a lot of people don't like PF because it's sorta the big dog, so a ton of people play it, and when those people find problems with the system, they show up here to complain about "The problem with RPGs." They don't have experience with all the other systems that do melee combat better, or don't have issues with caster supremacy. They just see Pathfinder or D&D as TTRPG in its totality.

Also, many people who hate the system but like to roleplay don't leave Pathfinder. It's possible that other systems suit them better, but more of the same is more comfortable than looking for something different. There's also the issue of finding groups for systems that are less popular. This speaks to your point of "people still play it." It's hard to play something else when your area is filled with nothing else.

This is not to say Pathfinder can't be salvaged.
>>
>>49098897

You've called me a fuckhead for two different reasons now, one of which you abandoned as soon as I called you on it. I'm beginning to think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a fuckhead.
>>
>>49099030
Because some faggots are butthurt and instead of just swallowing it and staying in one thread, then migrating to finish off the other one, they're sticking to what they deem is the "right" thread.

Aside from this post, I'm waiting for this to blow over, because it always does. Can't ask gameplay questions when the thread is split.
>>
>>49099030
Its part of an ongoing war between the weeb degenerates, and the autistic anti-weeb militants, whose butthurt and whining does nothing but fuel the masochistic weebs further, creating an ongoing two-party circlejerk of hate
>>
>>49099085
What's your question?
>>
>>49096391
Ostensibly, the Occultist, Spiritualist, and Mesmerist all sit in that golden area of T3, so theyre balanced. As well, they all have a niche- the Occultist is the ultimate UMD monkey, the Spiritualist is a SPOOKY summoner, and the Mesmerist is the undisputed king of reliable debuffing. The other classes are just boring though. The medium is trash, the sucketicist sucks, and the Psychic is just a sorcerer with more bells and whistles.
>>
>>49099241

I'm curious if they're ever going to make an intelligence-based caster that just fucking sucks as opposed to existing to make the sorcerer feel bad.

Because in both of their recent "new class" expansions, they seem to have designed the Arcanist and the Psychic specifically to give the sorcerer the middle finger.
>>
>>49099102
Subvert the system. Vote 3rd party
>>
>>49097402
Who's a better girl N.Jolly, Robin or Corrin?
>>
>>49099076
Now I'm convinced you're a fuckhead, because you made a mistake because you were too eager to be a fuckhead, I explained to you that you made a mistake, and now you think that me explaining your mistake to you is somehow me abandoning a point I never made.

Get fucked, fuckhead.
>>
>>49098987
The long story short of it is that starting in a couple days I'm not going to have anything near the time or energy to do anything with DSP. Or to DM or do a lot of other things, sadly. That was a depressing conversation to have with my group.

The plan was for this time period to start a couple days ago, but there were some delays; the past week's been messy and I've had a large chunk of last-minute spare time as a result. I've been spending it handling as much layout as possible in the meantime. This homebrew was an added bonus.

>>49098633
Empowered shocking grasp early on has been nice (even if I'm not getting spellstrike with it like a magus is), and in mid and later levels, extended buffs, quickened magic missiles/shocking grasps/etc, at level 10 really cheap dazing fireballs...
>>
Thoughts on the Psion relative to the Sorc in terms of power and impact on the game?
>>
>>49099395
College or promotion at work, I take it? It doesn't sound like anything depressing's happening in your life, but simply busy, am I right?
>>
File: Corrin.jpg (239KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Corrin.jpg
239KB, 600x620px
>>49099343
Corrin, easily. She's both hotter and more fun to play as in Smash. Plus I just enjoy using Corrin as a unit more than Robin.
>>
>>49099427
I'm hoping this is the case. Forrest is awesome.
>>
>>49099427
It's not anything depressing happening in the traditional sense, though it really, really sucks to stop doing stuff for DSP.
>>
>>49099032
There are other systems that do melee combat differently, but not necessarily better. I think that's where a lot of people get caught up in these dumb arguments, because some people just prefer the way systems do certain things and don't agree that combat needs to be more complex or simpler, or to reflect one type of fantasy versus another.

>This speaks to your point of "people still play it." It's hard to play something else when your area is filled with nothing else.

Not really. There's really nothing stopping introducing new games to people, especially if they're dramatically "better."
Also, most of what you're talking about is hypothetical "others", and not people here who've played other games and go back to pathfinder. It's really bizarre to argue that people dislike a game or even hate it when they still enjoy discussing it endlessly.

Sure, there might be some genuinely crazy people who just obsess about it and enjoy hating it, but that can hardly be anything more than a small minority, a minority that might enjoy trying to project what's literally insane onto other people.
>>
For those who care, the Haunted Heroes book has been posted in the other thread, starting here:
>>49097577
>>
>>49096739

>>49096698 is mostly referring to >>49096682 even if they don't know it. 3.PF is, essentially, a 16 year old system that people became very attached to, with a huge learning curve, an overwhelming breadth of options, and a ridiculously poorly balanced system. Learning, and mastering, the system is a huge investment and, for the kind of people that want to do it, a worthwhile one. You will get return on your efforts for trying to figure out the optimal critters to create. The numbers will congratulate you on what is, genuinely, a good deal of effort.

*No other system does this to the degree 3.PF does*. None. No other system has the sheer breadth of material to be able to. Exalted comes close, but it's such a clusterfuck of tone, literally (and intentionally) game-breaking mechanics and just general ridiculosity that it appeals to a much smaller niche than the overall gribbliness of 3.PF. There is no other system that more thoroughly and consistently rewards your time and effort with tangible, mathematical success like 3.PF, and so people just get stuck on it. They are become gods within the confines of their ruleset. Why would they want to learn anything else?
>>
>>49099161
I don't have any pressing gameplay questions right now. Though I suppose asking about the viability of being an Investigator and taking the unchained rogue's version of lesser and major magic via poaching rogue talent(s). I'd assume my GM would be a reasonable person and wouldn't force me to use the shitty chained rogue version.
>>
>>49099440

I've never been able to decide how I feel about MUs.

On one hand, the tactician class is fantastic and the Noble was pretty good, and Corrin and Robin both had some engaging interaction with the story...

On the other hand, I also kind of liked it when the player character in FE, when there was one at all, was a noncombatant advising the lords.

I kinda felt like Robin was the better character except when weighed against Conquest Corrin. The routes where Corrin's experiences don't make them cynical just don't ring as true to me.
>>
>>49099548
I played Conquest/Revelation, and Conquest Corrin is boss. Robin always felt somewhat superfluous until the 3rd act, where Corrin was always relevant.

I think I'd say in their inspired archetypes (Dragon Champion vs. Scholarly Tactician), I like ST more just aesthetically.
>>
>>49099533
I feel like Investigator depends heavily on the kind of campaign, though I haven't played one myself. A friend played one and seemed disappointed in its capabilities. Our campaign was a bit more combat-heavy, though. Having a smidge of magic up your sleeve could be nice, but once again, it depends on the campaign. If it's combat-heavy, more damage is likely to see you through where a 1st level wizard spell would be useless.

>>49099509
It seems you've made up your mind that Pathfinder is a good system and we're all full of shit, so I guess I'm not sure why you're asking why we say it's bad? Even if what I said isn't true, if folks here believe it's true, that's enough to keep them angry. We also generally complain about everything.
>>
The Protection domain has the following:

>Aura of Protection (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of protection for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. You and your allies within this aura gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC and resistance 5 against all elements (acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic). The deflection bonus increases by +1 for every four cleric levels you possess beyond 8th. At 14th level, the resistance against all elements increases to 10. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

What type of action is it to activate this aura?
>>
>>49099779
Supernatural abilities default to standard.
>>
File: 1429836763410.png (1MB, 800x970px) Image search: [Google]
1429836763410.png
1MB, 800x970px
>>49099440
While you are objectively wrong, you at least agree that they are both attractive, so you are fine in my book.
>>
Is there a complete list of character options? Like, one that includes traits and other optional add ons? I'm about to build a new character and didn't want to wade through 4 or 5 different books looking for options.
>>
>>49099730
>It seems you've made up your mind that Pathfinder is a good system and we're all full of shit

No, it's less "we" and more "you", and largely because your definition of "good" and "bad" is pointless. I also don't think "you" should ever really speak for anyone other than yourself, regardless of whether a few people agree with you or not.

What's a "good" system then? What system isn't there an endless list of complaints for? Which general doesn't have people complaining about aspects of the system?
>>
>>49099681
I don't know if Corrin being so relevant was in any way a good thing. I just could not get past Corrin's constant stream of terrible choices. It always felt like Corrin's decisions where based on "what do the writers need to happen to progress the plot?" rather than "what would the character realistically do?" Besides, Corrin's costume design is miserable, but that might just be my dislike for the post-Awakening designs in general.
>>
>>49099509
By your own logic of the amount of content/popularity being a solid indicator of quality, then that must mean that CoD and WoW are the greatest videogames to exist.

Quantity =/= quality.

Further, As someone who started my roleplaying career with 3.5 and then went into PF, I can tell you one thing: Its hard to move to a new system. You become so invested trying to learn and gain a grasp on these systems, that you develop a mindset that all other systems require such massive amounts of time to learn and get used to, so may as well stick to the one you know since learning the others would be hard.

I didn't learn to crack this mindset until relatively recently when I started actually reading other systems, and noticing how much more intuitive they were than trying to learn 3.PF, which in turn made me realize how bad PF was comparative in terms of internally consistant mechanics and balancing.

However, many people don't ever get out of that mindset, and its especially hard with PF since you can find all the rules for free on line, and its also the one you see the most at game shops and is a large brand. Brand recognition, just like with any market, plays a large role in determining rate of consumption of the product, hence why your average joe is more likely to eat and McDonalds or Wendy's rather than that one local grill down the street with the good pretzel buns

>>49099848
fuck off you newfag, what he's said has been the accepted standard of /pfg/ for years. PLus you can count at least two people you've been arguing with.
And to answer your question for him: a "Good" system is one where there is a mechanical consistency in the capabilities of the players, where deiscreprencies in powers are minimized, and encourage most all playstyles to be around the same level of viable, while doing so with minimum obtuseness and cumbersome clunk. Doesn't have to be perfect, but it must get to as close to these qualities as possible.
Like Barbarians of Lemuria.
>>
>>49099936

I feel like the character design in Fates was considerably better than Awakening 90% of the time, but I have to say I do miss the outfit design from the GBA era.
>>
>>49099302
Honestly I wouldn't know. Sorcerer is really underpowered compared to the other nine level casters. Maybe they could get 3/4ths BAB and d8 hit die to capitalize on some of the more melee-focused bloodlines!
>>
File: game balance.png (173KB, 1876x919px) Image search: [Google]
game balance.png
173KB, 1876x919px
>>49099848
>>49099509
>>49096739
Someone is butthurt their thread was BTFO'd and that the other PF players won't back him up
>>
Arcanist or Wizard?

School Savant or Exploiter?
>>
>>49099848
You came here asking why everybody hates on PF and refuse to accept it when anybody speaks for more than themselves. That makes no sense.

You may think I'm a different anon, but I haven't made any points about Pathfinder being "good" or "bad", so saying my definition is pointless is bullshit. If you want my personal take on the "bad" points of Pathfinder, I can list some of them.

Feats that are written in such a way that you can't actually take them

Errata and FAQ that conflict, making judgements on mechanical interactions murky

Mechanics that are complex to the point that most people ban them from the table not being addressed with FAQ

Inconsistent wording

Discrepencies between official information about aspects and mechanical representation

These are things that are not "good". Are they things other systems don't have? No. Does that make them good? No.

No system is perfect, and no system will be completely free of complaints. They all have flaws. It's up to each person playing the system to decide if the benefits and flaws of a given system make it "good" or "bad". Just because somebody's definition of "good" and "bad" might seem "pointless" to you, does not make it so. You might be fine with all of these things, others are not. That is why they complain.

I play a heavily modified version of Pathfinder. I play Shadowrun 5e. I used to play Firefly RPG. I found flaws in all of them.
>>
>>49099966
>By your own logic

No, you moron. No one's arguing quantity equals quality, but the idea that if people are willing to play a game with no gun against their head, there must be something they like about it.

Fuck, are you genuinely retarded?
>>
File: Elf Fencer, Maybe.jpg (43KB, 313x750px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Fencer, Maybe.jpg
43KB, 313x750px
>>49099730
I'm playing one in Iron Gods right now, though I have a few little additions on account of the GM and I both hating the more obnoxious taxes (like infusion). Sitting on Dex-to-damage means it might be fun to run with TWF, but that might have to wait until later. Still need to ask my GM whether I can snag Aerial Wings, on account of having the vestigial wings tiefling ART. If taking URogue Minor Magic counts as "having a caster level for feats" (or I can have my GM handwave it), I might just take detect magic and ask about taking the new Spirit Ally feat from Haunted Heroes (See: >>49097934 ).

No matter what I do I'm going to choke on feats, which sucks. Were this a gestalt game I would be legitimately considering slapping a Mutation Warrior or Lore Warden Fighter on over Investigator, even though something like a Magus would be better for the versatility/nova potential.
>>
>>49100123
>You came here asking why everybody hates on PF and refuse to accept it when anybody speaks for more than themselves. That makes no sense.

You're making some big assumptions. I'm not the guy who asked anything, I'm a guy who plays pathfinder, and wonders what sort of mental damage you sustained to think that you play a game that you hate.
>>
>>49100031
>this retarded rant

Why do you repost that thing? It's literally just a guy sperging.
>>
Can we stop arguing with the Paidrone? He'll never learn.

Anyway, Lord of the Lash anon, back from my trip into the green and smoky mountain of Colorado, and I got a new homebrew archetype I want Critiqued.

My latest experiment into Initiating: The Platinum Gestalt, and Initiating Summoner. It took me a while to fiddle with it and figure out a way to make eidolons and initating work together, while also keeping it compatible with Synthesist and things, so feel free to rip this sucker to shreds
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/17MgoXvdcJOIB7C5P3rXFRTLNTi64jqw4zVdqX-cUFSQ/edit?usp=sharing

Also, still looking on hard critique on the Initiating Magus archetype: The War Weaver. So far I feel it hasn't gotten enough critique and I'm nervous since I'm still not sure how shit it is
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/17tC7oYTFzRfosG5SzHpOOS8CZZXpdhEEJX9se9_UEvc/edit?usp=sharing

Or is the shitposting quotient too high in this general? I'd rather not have to migrate to the other general, but its beginning to look that way

>>49100211
nigga this is literally the first time I've posted that picture in 6 months, and your bitching doesn't make it any less true. Take your tinfoil hat off already, and accept that PF is a bad system
>>
>>49100166
Even if you aren't that person, you're asking a general question of "Why are people doing X?" then saying, "Nobody is allowed to speak for more than themselves," which will not get you an answer. So, that makes no sense.
>>
>>49100211
But that sperg is right you moron. Unlike in ADnD where the level track and experience needed was different for each class, people have no business thinking that a level 4 anything should be stronger than a level 4 anything else in 3.X, stats and build quality notwithstanding.
>>
>>49100099
Pact wizard.
>>
File: 1411242026346.gif (212KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1411242026346.gif
212KB, 500x345px
>>49099969
The outfits for everyone except Corrin are better in Fates than they were in Awakening.

But nothing beats the GBA spritework, goddamn.
>>
>>49100295
>Why are people doing X

I never asked anything like that. You're probably just getting posts confused.

And, yes, people should generally speak for themselves. And, they really shouldn't get upset when people tell them that speaking for other people doesn't really count for anything.
>>
File: Hectorcopter.gif (216KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
Hectorcopter.gif
216KB, 500x467px
>>49100603
Damn right
>>
File: FESpinToWin.gif (439KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
FESpinToWin.gif
439KB, 480x320px
>>49100603
>>49100618
DID SOMEONE SAY SPINNING?
>>
File: Tornado Armads.gif (515KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Armads.gif
515KB, 480x320px
>>49100635
Got even something better.
>>
File: Lyn used Double Team!.gif (840KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Lyn used Double Team!.gif
840KB, 320x213px
>>49100635
SPINNING AND WEEBING OUT
>>
>>49100667
Filename, to make this actually Pathfinder-related.
>>
>>49098478
Forrest, you made a typo in the energy ability thing from the last version.
>>
Can I get the horror handbook as an imgur link? If nobody else will compile that shit into a pdf I'll do it on my piece of shit computer tomorrow. I really need a new one.
>>
>>49100390
>Unlike in ADnD where the level track and experience needed was different for each class,

That didn't really do much other than make wizards unbalanced in one direction when everyone had low experience, and unbalanced in the other direction when everyone had high experience.

2e was a caster edition, it's just that it was so convoluted with it's leveling that it's more difficult to compare the classes compared to later systems. Even so, there's distinct benchmarks where wizards and priests would get spells that made the other classes secondary characters in their story.
>>
>>49100769
Already done F A M.
http://imgur.com/a/ePbU3
>>
File: Ephraim.jpg (60KB, 827x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Ephraim.jpg
60KB, 827x1165px
>>49100704
I'm the only one in my group who plays Fire Emblem. I've stolen more than my fair share of character art and names from the series.

Pic very related.
>>
>>49100270
>accept that PF is a bad system

If it's a bad system, why are you here discussing it?
I don't understand what kind of definition you even want to pretend to be using anymore, because it largely sounds like you just want to say anything flawed is bad, all rpgs are bad, and that you just want to call things bad because you have nothing better to do than complain about things you like.
>>
>>49100873
What class is he?
>>
File: 1239338244731.gif (134KB, 244x165px) Image search: [Google]
1239338244731.gif
134KB, 244x165px
>>49100667
A duel then, is it?
>>
>>49100731
Whoops. I've also changed the spells per day/known, in response to some feedback I was ferried.
>>
>>49100825
Thanks, I'll try to get it done tomorrow but who knows between my computer and only having a few hours to work (one or more of which may be spent getting it functional).
>>
>>49101012
Dear Forrest,

How do you ball so hard?

Signed,

An anon who cannot ball as hard as you.
>>
File: 1447987929721.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1447987929721.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>49101033
I'm not sure I understand the question.
>>
>>49101012
I really want this to end up in something that'll pay you money. I actually want to see what happens if you do more things like this just for fun because this is fucking awesome and I'd happily pay for a book of you just fucking around making shit.
>>
>>49100912
Lord, but he gets a promotion to Great Lord later in the game.

>>49100978
That's amazing. Saved.
>>
>>49100270
>The Platinum Gestalt

If you want to let your Eidolon to enter Stances, you need to note that it can do so. Right now it can use Maneuvers, but not actually enter any Stances (you have a power that lets it enter any stance it can initiate, but since you never gave it the ability to initiate stances that would be 0).

And now a question. What's the point of this archetype? YHou're giving up all of your spells and your summon monster and gate SLA's.

Your Eidolon can use your maneuvers, but on any turn it does, you can't use your maneuvers. I guess you can just swing with a sword?

Really the only benefit I'm seeing to this Archetype is that the Summoner can take full-round actions to regain Maneuvers the same round his Eidolon uses one. It lets your Eidolon spam the most powerful Maneuver + Boost known every round. He uses it on his action and then on your action you recover those Maneuvers for him to use again next round.

Honestly I think the Ambush Hunter archetype for the Ranger does the whole Martial Companion thing better - you might want to give it a glance.
>>
>>49100978
Am I watching an Initiator with Riven Hourglass + Mithril Current + Broken Mirror?
>>
>>49101092
I meant pf class. I was thinking Warder with Piercing thunder or somethng
>>
>>49101183
I know, I just couldn't resist the opportunity

He was a Paladin. No PoW allowed, sadly.
>>
>>49101044
"How and why are you so cool?"
>>
>>49101268
>ball = cool

Well, if someone called you square that used to mean you were uncool so I suppose it makes sense that saying someone is a round sphere would be a way of telling them that they're cool.
>>
>>49101345
Calling someone square is derived from the phrase "Be there or be square," which said that if you aren't there, you aren't around
>>
>>49101345
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Moon

>McCartney said, "There's a line in [Wooly Bully] that says, 'Let's not be L7.' Well, L7, it was explained at the time, means a square—put L and 7 together and you get a square... So I thought of the idea of putting a C and a moon together (a half-moon) to get the opposite of a square. So 'C Moon' means cool, in other words."
>>
>>49101345
Actually ball originated as a term in reference to sports, balling hard meaning to play well but due to baller being a term for somebody cool (via hood big wigs and in turn via athletes) it likely first saw use and currently primarily sees use to describe somebody doing something well/awesome.

/spergsplosion
>>
>>49101442
>>49101429
>>49101407

Thank you. Most of my American slang is woefully out of date.
>>
>>49101268
>>49101442
Huh, okay. Thanks for the complement, then, >>49101033. I'm not really sure what the answer is. Practice, I guess.
>>
>>49101429
Square in turn became a semi-derogatory term for nerds and the like, while we're largely uncaring a rapper (XV, AKA XtotheV or XVizzy) who is known for referencing nerd culture (his biggest hit samples Sanctuary and he used to earn money by making websites) has to some degree reappropriated the term with his fans being known as squarians and his equivalent of Roc's diamond/delta or Star Track's use of the Vulcan hand sign is to make an L7 with one's hands.

/spergsplosion actually ends (I hope)
>>
On an actually pathfinder related note (I'm really sorry for those other two posts guys, I swear that never happens) do you have any suggestions of character creation apps preferably with built in material including 3pp for android? I want to be able to fuss with stuff on my phone but I don't think pcgen will run on it and that's what I generally use on my computer before transferring to paper or mythweavers.
>>
>>49091345
How do I shitten up a cleric's melee ability? I mean from a character creation POV, what archetypes and prestige classes are good at that?
>>
File: voteforathirdparty.jpg (51KB, 496x384px) Image search: [Google]
voteforathirdparty.jpg
51KB, 496x384px
>>49099325
>Vote 3rd party
>>
>>49101920

Cardinal Archetype clerics have 1/2 BAB to get more skill ranks, if that's your fancy.
>>
>>49101977
>gives up martial prowess for political shit
Top fucking kek, whoever wrote this shit must have had my same character concept in mind, it's perfect.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>49101920
Ecclesitheurge gives up wearing any armor for more flexible domain casting, too.

I like it
>>
Where do I find the polymath template? I'm looking through the PoW:E documents but it eludes me.
Does it actually exist or have I dreamed the publication of more class templates after the first three?
>>
>>49101920
The Cardinal archetype is definitely what you want.

They only get light armor proficiency, sacrifice one domain, give up their spontaneous casting and give Wizard base attack. In exchange they get 6+ Int skills per level and have a couple extra class skills.
>>
>>49102371
It's in the PoW: E pdf. The book's released.
>>
>>49102371
It exists, I'm playing a Polymath Alchemist in my campaign right now. It's on page 58 on the Path of War Expanded.
>>
Can somebody tell me why neither of the Troves have the Inner Sea World Guide?
I'm like really confused about why it's missing
>>
>>49102531
Because the trove has many holes that need to be filled.
>>
Update to this thing because I've got a cold and nothing better to do at this very moment. Now includes a lightweight item-focused archetype and five new cantrips that are stronger than normal cantrips and intended to be an all-day "mainstay" options since in building one more actively for a game, I've found they tend to not have the staying power even compared to other mid-casters. Probably something to do with having a stunted spell progression and class features that only do stuff when you use that progression.
>>
>>49102531
>>49103063

The old one definitely does. I said this already, it's labeled "The Inner Sea World Guide" it's under Campaign Setting
>>
>>49105320
What inspired this anyway, Forrest? The class concept I mean.
>>
>>49105320
It's a neat class, but I gotta be honest. I hate the name - Novaburst doesn't really fit terribly well with the names of a lot of other Pathfinder classes. Worse, it's the kind of name that raises red flags with a lot of GMs - "So the class is called the Novaburst? That doesn't sound OP at all."
>>
>>49105444
Explosion master!
>>
>>49105444
That second one is definitely a fair point. I had mostly picked the name because after agonizing over it for a while, I came up with one I liked the ring of. Might change it to help counteract that. If I can think of a decent one I like.

I'm sad that Arsenal Magus is taken by something else, or I'd have gone with that.

>>49105366
To be honest, I'm not quite sure. It was just something that came to mind after getting the concept of a heavy metamagic user thrown at me.
>>
>>49105527
Spellslinger Savant?
>>
>>49105643
Yeah that'd work, or something similar. I'm no longer on my desktop PC, but tomorrow I'll write up an alt version and upload it.
>>
>>49105320
>>49105527

Extracurricular Study should specify how the feature works for spells that appear in multiple lists. This is very important when a spell is eligible for major discounts as a medium or ranger spell.

How does Nova Spell interact with the likes of Magical Lineage and Wayang Spellhunter?

Judging from the way Deconstruct Energy is written, this class seems intended to be a "blaster" of the sorts, but I cannot see that happening. Any optimizer picking up this class will aim for metamagic-upgraded castings of Create Pit and Web by 5th-level, then switch to any damage-dealing spell plus Dazing Spell by 7th-level.

This class is quite Marisa-like, I must say.
>>
>>49105683
It's hard trying to come up with something that identifies as a caster, given pretty much every synonym has been used. If all else fails fall back to Master Blaster Caster!
>>
>>49091813
Any mention of a katana is automatically more weeb than any other weapon.

Unless the statement is
>Katanas are weapons of the peasent because they are so shit.
>>
>>49105695
>Extracurricular study
Meant to be based on the list of the person who created the item or spellbook in question, probably defaulting to 9-level if unknown.

>Magical Lineage and Wayang Spellhunter
Currently, looks like it's nonfunctional. Will adjust wording tomorrow to account for metamagic reducers.

>Optimization, blasting, and battlefield control
The class is meant to function as a blaster (which it can, if it wants; at the very least it can fall back to the cantrip blasting for [ALLDAY]), and also have access to strong battlefield control from web and the like. One of my test builds for it liked using Pyrotechnics to lay down massive cones of blind, then Create Pit to follow up once people can't see.

At later levels, it can also function well as a debuffer, because Nova Spell (Heighten Spell) and eventually deconstruct effect will let them have high saves targeting the weak save.

>Marisa
You know, that didn't even occur to me. Coolness.

Thanks for taking a look!
>>
>>49105444
Novaburst sounds Starfinder-ey. Like a Solarion archetype.
>>
>>49105527
>Arsenal Magus

Wot?
>>
>>49105841
"Arsenal Magus" is one of the titles of Invoker from DotA, a name I quite like, but wouldn't want to use since it's from somewhere else. Bit ironic that I ended up with a class similar to that guy, thinking about it...
>>
>>49105807

>Meant to be based on the list of the person who created the item or spellbook in question
I strongly doubt most GMs will ever bother determining who had created any given magic item. This effectively places the novaburst savant at the mercy of the GM, who will probably be reluctant to declare that a certain magic item was created by a medium or a ranger. This will also send the savant on bizarre shopping sprees to find medium- or ranger-crafted magic items.

>probably defaulting to 9-level if unknown
Under which 9-level list? The rules for spell-like abilities have a priority/hierarchy for this, but they fail to take the psychic and the shaman into account.

>The class is meant to function as a blaster (which it can, if it wants; at the very least it can fall back to the cantrip blasting for [ALLDAY]), and also have access to strong battlefield control from web and the like. One of my test builds for it liked using Pyrotechnics to lay down massive cones of blind, then Create Pit to follow up once people can't see.
As your very example shows (good on you for using Pyrotechnics and a bullseye lantern), this seems to be a battlefield controller first and a blaster a distant second from levels 1-6.

By 7th-level, I cannot see a novaburst savant doing anything but spamming Dazing Spell.
>>
>>49105860
It really does, it needs to have a bigger ego though.
>>
>>49105913
>This will also send the savant on bizarre shopping sprees to find medium- or ranger-crafted magic items
Intended. If you want to sidequest for a unique spell, then it's a plot hook in a can. Otherwise, you'll probably end up using the 9-level casters for most spells you study for. Maybe I'll add a sidebar about asking your DM.

>9-level list
Uuuunsure, will handle that tomorrow when I'm not super asleep.

>Dazing Spell
Yeah, that's a thing I can't really avoid, which means they're probably solidly BFC/offblaster, or BFC+blaster. Not ideal, but not something I can stop without blacklisting Dazing Spell.

At the very least, your save DCs will be lower overall if you're using Dazing Spell (since you won't be using Nova Spell to heighten), but yeah. They're basically Controller/Off-Strikers.
>>
>>49105860
Oh like dotas names are anything fucking special. Just use it if you like it.
>>
>>49105993
It's mostly that if I use that name, it's going to be viewed through the lens of being a reference. I don't even play DotA and it hadn't occurred to me until after the fact, so I don't want to make that implicit statement.
>>
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=920595
I need 2/3 good feats for this character, anyone want to help out?
>>
File: 46aad8f7d453ab0f37b5605269a10092.jpg (604KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
46aad8f7d453ab0f37b5605269a10092.jpg
604KB, 905x1280px
>>49105970

>Intended. If you want to sidequest for a unique spell, then it's a plot hook in a can.
Alternatively, if the novaburst savant is starting a game past 1st-level, they can simply declare that they just so happen to have a medium- or ranger-crafted magic item on hand.

This class feature needs more structure and less reliance on GM's whims.

Also, some levels of this class are more underwhelming than others. Levels 3, 11, and 19 do nothing but step up spellcasting and improve metamagic, while other levels confer that *in addition* to other benefits. This is inevitable when designing classes, but perhaps it should be avoided when it can be.
>>
>>49106155
>Alternatively, if the novaburst savant is starting a game past 1st-level, they can simply declare that they just so happen to have a medium- or ranger-crafted magic item on hand.

That is a good idea. I'll include that in the sidebar on it.

>Also, some levels of this class are more underwhelming than others. Levels 3, 11, and 19 do nothing but step up spellcasting and improve metamagic, while other levels confer that *in addition* to other benefits. This is inevitable when designing classes, but perhaps it should be avoided when it can be.

Hmm, good point. I bet there could be something that goes at 3, 11, and 19 for the class. Decent progression for something, anyway (3 and every 8 levels).
>>
Hello /tg/

The group I gm for recently decided that the next system we'd run would be Pathfinder. I have never ran this before but we were playing 3.5e and they tell me it's pretty similar.

Are there any recommendations you could give me for how to better run this game? I had planned to use core only but one of the guys said he wanted to use path of war as well, so I'd have to look into it too.

I want to run a campaign about globetrotting around a fictional land solving generic disputes without any heavy or deep plotlines, if that matters at all.

Lastly, what's the name of the core book? I keep browsing through the mega and the pastebin but I can't tell which is the basic ruleset book.
>>
reposting from the wrong thread.

so in my new game I have a player whose default mode is to take actions in secret from the party. Statted out in bluff and sleight of hand, etc.

The problem is that all of my time and resources are being spent reading his text messages and making his secret rolls. How would you deal with this situation?
>>
>>49106252
In the trove. Paizo > Core Line > 3rd book is the Core Rulebook, 6th printing.

Use PoW. It just lets fighty characters do more than swing their sword every turn.
>>
>>49106433
Talk to the group about separated IC and OoC knowledge, get them in on the fun (because if these are actions that are PvP, then it should be stopped anyway), and do it in the open.
>>
>>49106433
Have you tried talking to them?
>>
>>49106467
Agreed, first party hates martial characters.
>>
>>49106252
Be aware that PoW makes martial characters VERY powerful in combat. And when the topic of how to balance it so they don't mulch encounters with a single butt-flex is brought up, the only solution I've heard is to give it to the enemies as well.
>>
Hey guys is there anyway to increase the range increment on a Soulbolts mind bolt? The only thing I can think of is putting the distance property on it.
>>
>>49099681
When do we get to hear about more of your exploits with the new archetype?
>>
>>49106577
Multiple enemies, tactics, and yes, allowing enemies to use the same tools that the party has access to.
>>
>>49106479
>>49106478
They have a hard on for RP and are trying to keep a secret. I've mentioned a few times that it is getting out of hand but I might have to make an executive decision to bring things into the open.
>>
>>49106620
It's surprising how well this shuts down 'superwizards'. They're so busy making sure the other wizard doesn't one shot the party they can't instant win the encounter.
>>
>>49106467

Thanks, found it.

>>49106552
>>49106577
>>49106620
>>49106669

So warriors are underpowered by core, but overpowered with PoW? Man, what a pain.

Anything else I should know? Any recommendation on house rules or stuff I should veto/add?
>>
>>49106702
No. Martials have very few options, and even if they super specialize to be good in that one option they have it's still easy to shut them down. PoW gives them versatility and power, but nowhere near game breaking levels. Damage might be a tad bit high at lower levels, though.
>>
>>49106702
>but overpowered with PoW?
Not really. They're shockingly more powerful, but outside of a few problem manuvers(Steel Flurry Strike) they're pretty much fine.

I'd just ban the classes that can constantly go on the offensive without slowing down Warlords, Mystics, and Zealots tend to be the problem children of Path of War.
>>
>>49106702
They're underpowered in that they dont have an incredible amount of variety. Most of them can do adequate damage fine, they just don't have the tools to deal with things the game expects you to.

Issue is that PoW gave them more damage in addition to variety, which was what they did NOT need.

One thing worth looking into is Spheres of Power, which is basically a more fluid, less gamebreaking magic system. Magicians don't have the same level of power, but have actually useful things they can do without blowing resources.
>>
>>49106635
Then start making their stuff public until they stop with this shit.
>>49106702
They're underpowered in first party and tier 3 (i.e. solidly average) with path of war. What you should do is allow most 3pp, if it's DSP or SoP then it's good otherwise you may want them to run it by you first.
>>
>>49106784
>>49106782
>>49106762
>>49106734

Ok. I'll allow PoW, and check into Spheres of Power (This a homebrew? Can't find it in the 3pp folder in the mega). And what's DSP?

What's a good starting level for the party? I was going to have them start at lvl 5 since I thought we were doing 3.5e, but I dunno about how tedious low levels are in Pathfinder.
>>
>>49106702
Keep in mind that pfg inhales PoW cock like a vacuum cleaner, with a number of them insisting you can't break encounters with damage.
>>
>>49106878
Nobody has a right to complain about PoW1 when the Triple-H Pact Wizard exists.
>>
>>49106871
DSP = Dreamscarred Press, the path of war guys.
Spheres is in the trove under Drop Dead Studios, and is also available here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
>>
>>49106896
Nnnno, you can complain about both. Complaints are not zero-sum.
>>
File: but.jpg (20KB, 312x560px) Image search: [Google]
but.jpg
20KB, 312x560px
My GM is offering me a choice between +5 to all my knowledge skills and 5 extra languages or +10ft to speed as well as a 10ft step. I already move at 50ft with armor

I can't choose
>>
File: 1465856685825.jpg (37KB, 591x336px) Image search: [Google]
1465856685825.jpg
37KB, 591x336px
>>49106896
>Triple-H Pact Wizard
Eh?
>>
>>49106906
Your DM is an evil man.

I'd go with the knowledges, though.
>>
>>49106911
IT'S TIME TO break THE GAME
>>
File: PF Monkey Goblin.jpg (24KB, 355x472px) Image search: [Google]
PF Monkey Goblin.jpg
24KB, 355x472px
>Satanic Panic! Truly legendary heroes require truly legendary foes, and now these world-ending menaces have arrived! Within this book, you'll find hundreds of monsters for use in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Test your mettle against Archdevils and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, two-headed dragons and the Wild Hunt, conqueror worms or living statues haunted by dead gods, troops of goblins or strangely sentient oozes, and myriad other menaces suitable for all levels of play! Yet not every legend needs to tell of foes, and within these pages you’ll also find that new empyreal lords, dragons from Heaven, and the mythical Green Man all stand ready to aid you on your quests—if you prove yourself worthy.

>Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 6 includes:

> More than 200 different monsters.
> Strange new player-character-suitable races like the canine rougarou, the watery fey naiad, the crazed monkey goblin, and the Lovecraftian yaddithian, Darklands-dwelling munavri.
> Powerful foes from myth and legend, such as the Archdevil Mephistopheles, Charon of the River Styx, and that notorious haunter of holidays known as Krampus!
> New animal companions, constructs waiting creation by skilled spellcasters, and a new category of true dragon from the Outer Planes.
> New templates to help you get more life out of classic monsters, including the shape-changing vermin-themed entothrope and the intelligent hivemind swarm.
> Appendices to help you find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat.
> Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat.
> Challenges for every adventure and every level of play.
> AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
>>
Heya folks! I've been at work, converting the Oracle into a 6/9 caster.

Included changes are: Usage of the Inqusitor spells known/per day statistics, compatibility with MOST Oracle archetypes (except dual-cursed, but you get Misfortune/Fortune, effectively, as part of the class), and an additional 2 skill points per level!

Tell me whatcha think: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fco4TcDUBTieyhcFhx2vZM0kmC3hcJU59cbm7Hy-B0w/edit
>>
>>49106950
>new playable races
>new animal companions
>more real-world legends

Okay, this next bestiary might just be as good as number 5 was, I have hope again!
>>
>>49106950
What, is this just coming out? yet to be released? In the trove rn?
>>
>>49106979
Scheduled for March.
>>
>>49106966
>Heya folks! I've been at work, converting the Oracle into a 6/9 caster.
Why?
>>
File: a6546a97cd33824a8ec87ad4356196cb.jpg (217KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a6546a97cd33824a8ec87ad4356196cb.jpg
217KB, 800x1280px
>>49106950
>Strange new player-character-suitable races like the canine rougarou

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Darklands-dwelling munavri.

... oooo... ooo... oo... o.
>>
>>49106950
Wait, aren't monkey goblins already a race that people can play?
>>
>>49106950
Aren't Monkey Goblins and Munarvi already playable?
>>
>>49106950
>>49107026
Wait, weren't the Munavri in bestiary 5?
>>
>>49106896
>Wizard is an excuse for anything
>>
>>49107064
I'd wager they're making a non-fucking OP version so literally anyone will play them ever.
>>
>>49107064
Occult Bestiary, it looks like.
>>
>>49096867
Arcanist is flat out ridiculous with the ability to have any spell they know prepped in one round, and then immediate action dispels which gives them the ability to screw over other casters.
And because it gets better ways to recover arcane pool and better arcane pool size they can do both these better then exploiter wizard.
>>
>>49107125
Yeah, but immediate actions dispels are like the only way counterspelling isn't complete shite.
>>
>>49097290
You can with a bonded sword if you are a caster with arcane bond.
>>
File: PF Shabti.jpg (111KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PF Shabti.jpg
111KB, 773x1000px
>>49107064
It was in the Occult Bestiary, along with the not-quite-as-broken Reborn Samsaran and Duergar Tyrant.

>>49107042
>>49107047
Monkey Goblins were originally presented in the Inner Sea Bestiary, and Munavri were stated above. This is far from the first time a race was put in a Bestiary when it appeared elsewhere. Shabti and Skinwalkers are in Bestiary 5, for example, but appear in Mummy's Mask and Blood of the Moon, respectively. Most (all?) of the playable races in Bestiary 4 are from the samples in the back of the ARG.
>>
New Thread: >>49107152
>>49107152
>>49107152
>>49107152
>>49107152
>>
>>49106906
If you already have good knowledge skills the speed, if you do not have good knowledge skills the knowledge skills.
>>
>>49107154
That seems... like poo. I guess I understand, though.
>>
>>49107161
We are on page 2 why the fuck would you make a new thread?
>>
>>49107202
They gotta beat anyone else from making the thread, obviously!
>>
>>49107202
you know the old truism: Page two, time for something new
>>
>>49105320
>paralysis cantrip
wat
Forrest pls.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.