[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 48

File: birb.jpg (952KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
952KB, 1000x1409px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Now that Bloodforge: Infusions has given us so many subraces for tengu, even kakapos and hummingbirds, what's your favorite bird to play as in Pathfinder? Maybe you like the original kestrel from Bloodforge 1?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old thread: >>49076708
>>
File: 1445976906422.png (306KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445976906422.png
306KB, 405x600px
Harpy best bird!
>>
Help me /tg/.

I think I'm cursed.

Every time I try and play a Pathfinder game, something comes together to keep me from doing it. It's happened without fail for the past few months and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's making me want to stop even trying and just consign myself to homebrew, theorycrafting, and watching while everyone else has fun and something to DO.
>>
>>49084135
Fuck you OP
>>
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=920595
Any pointers on how to optimize this character? I'm going for a heavy hitter in the melee and spell department, but so far I don't think I really need that much Wisdom. No 3pp please.
>>
File: tengu pirate.jpg (64KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
tengu pirate.jpg
64KB, 500x694px
>>49084161
>Harpy
>not Tengu

You wot m8?
>>
>>49084161
But the closest thing we have to harpies are kestrels.
>>
File: ikiko.png (727KB, 686x871px) Image search: [Google]
ikiko.png
727KB, 686x871px
>>49084202
Tengus for #1 bird
>>
>>49084151
They're currently not allowing PoW at all because they think it's OP, right? Play something like a thf Warlord focused on Golden Lion maneuvers and other options that rely on improving and protecting the group. Get them comfortable with the system, maybe even get one or two other players to start looking at PoW and PoW:E options, then go zweihander in your next game. Zweihander is too preoptimized to drop into a group that already thinks PoW is OP, they'll just think you proved them "right", ban the book, and move on.
>>
>>49084201
>oread
>Strength build
>speed 30 feet

I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>49084163
play an online game, or continue to try getting IRL games. The choice is yours.
>>
Since when did /pfg/ become /bisexual monsterpeople and kitsune general/?
>>
File: 1418345234255.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1418345234255.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>49084246
Been like this for at least a year, anon.
>>
>>49084246
over the weekend
>>
>>49084246
Ever since we ran out of things we want to talk about.
>>
>>49084163
Are these local groups, or online? PBPs are notoriously unreliable, and roll20 or similar are generally only a little better. Do you have a FLGS? A lot of them have weekly games with open tables so you can get your fix and make some new friends, maybe get your own home group put together.
>>
>>49084273
It's been longer than that. Months, at least.
>>
>>49084242

I can't even get into online or IRL games. Everytime I fucking try something comes up and I can't play. At this point I'm desperate for a game, even if it's a bit magical realm-y.
>>
>>49084272
Based janitor-san.
>>
>>49084300
What's your schedule? Why is it so volatile? Perhaps wait for it to calm down?
>>
Is a black blade weapon by any chance equivalent to a masterwork for the Bladebound Magus?
>>
>>49084281

I don't have an FLGS. There was one, but it closed down and became a hair product store. The closest one is a half-hour drive away :<
>>
>>49084234
I have the Boots of Striding and Springing, and I took Oread just because of the +2 Str +2 Wis
What would be a better race choice? I think I'm gonna shift the focus away from Wisdom since it doesn't really do all that much for my character
>>
>>49084313

My schedule doesn't match up with the schedule of other people that I try to game with, which makes it impossible to play with others when I'm up at midnight and other folks are hitting the sack then.

>>49084317

Yes.
>>
>>49084163
There's always taking the plunge and DMing your own game. You can buy an adventure module or something to cut down the work and, at least in my experience, DMs are usually in pretty high demand. Once you've run a few adventures, you'll have a group and may be able to find one of them who's willing to pick up DM duties.
>>
>>49084135
Why isn't the legendary vigilantes playtest being included in the OP again?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Now with MORE recycled 3.5 content, like Magic Killer!
>>
>>49084135
Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>49084214
Don't Strix exist in 1PP?
>>
>>49084356
Yes. There's also the styrix, who are apparently evil owl people and the creators of the strix?
>>
>>49084333
Try gaming with folks overseas. My GM is in New Zealand, so I end up gaming 11pm-6am, which might work better for you.
>>
>>49084374
Those are Shrynx, or something?
>>
Question about Wondrous item crafting.

Is there any way to speed up the process? Current party is Sorcerer, Oracle, Psychic Warrior. Psychic Warrior and Sorcerer have crafting, Oracle is too stupid (roleplaying a 6 int character) to pick up anything crafted related.
>>
>>49084389

I have classes, which require me to be up at 6am. That might not work at all.
>>
>>49084356
Yes, but most GM's ban them because 60 ft. Flight speed at level 1, and inbuilt flight that you then don't have to invest resources in and can't be dispelled even at later levels. I mean, unless you get polymorphed, and then only for however long that lasts.
>>
>>49084413
Then you just sleep after the classes!
>>
>>49084429
Correction, sleep when you are dead.
>>
>>49084429
Or during, depending on the class.
>>
>>49084417
Clipped Wings is a thing.
>>
>>49084395
Syrinx.
>>
File: 1369677555551.jpg (159KB, 744x850px) Image search: [Google]
1369677555551.jpg
159KB, 744x850px
>>49084374
>>49084395
Syrinx. Largely irrelevant. But they got to be in Inner Sea Races, which is more than Kuru and Shabti got.
>>
>>49084429
>>49084457

I can't sleep after classes, and my connection in my classes is so spotty that I can't connect to IRC or Discord or Skype.
>>
>>49084397
Take Leadership, jack up the DC to lower crafting time, and then pile on your minions with aid another checks.
>>
>>49084417
Flightbreaker's a 3rd level spell. That puts monsters with similar abilities at CR 5 or higher.
>>
>>49084397
You can add +5 to the DC to craft 1000gp in 4 hours instead of 8, effectively cutting the time in half. Cooperative Crafting halves the time again.
>>
>>49084485
Aren't Kuru just humans after being cannibals for a couple hundred years?
>>
>>49084488
If you don't have a solid chunk of time free, then you're simply not getting a game. Roll20 have a few "living" campaigns, which allow you to pop in-and-out whenever, but if you're looking for a story and leveling, that's not going to give you what you want. Otherwise, find a solid chunk of time to set aside for gaming, or don't game.
>>
>>49084534
I think Kuru is also a prion disease named after the island and inhabitants of Kuru.
>>
>>49084485
Those actually seem pretty impressive. A 1pp race with a 60 ft. fly speed, bonus to Wis, bonus to saves vs. mind-affecting, a racial ability to jack their Intimidate and fear DCs, and some other bonuses and abilities?
>>
File: ogre swamp.jpg (122KB, 550x409px) Image search: [Google]
ogre swamp.jpg
122KB, 550x409px
I'm just going to leave this in my map like this.
>>
>>49084477
Yes. It is.

But why would you ever take it? Chances are you're playing a Strix for the flight speed, and even if you're not, most GM's find it easier to just ban the race altogether, especially so you don't sneak Stretched Wings onto your feat list.

>>49084500
Oh.
>>
>>49084552
It sounds like the only viable option is a PBP. Not as satisfying, but serves in a pinch for someone with an erratic schedule.
>>
>>49084561
They'd make real good Fearquisitors.
Also, you can go WHO!? when you're interrogating people.
>>
>>49084562

What would your players be doing in there?
>>
>>49084397
You could also arguably use the Amazing Tools of Manufacture.
>>
>>49084578

Great. I hate PbP.
>>
>>49084489
>>49084502
I didn't realize you could do that. Time to dump all my points into spellcraft next level.
>>
>>49084570
Yeah, but if they make a harpy race without a fly speed people will bitch incessantly anyway, so you're back at square one.
>>
>>49084246
The trash has to go somewhere and jannys have been cracking down.
>>
I want to make a 1pp pseudo-Varangian.I am thinking of using the Ulfen Guard, should I start as a barbarian or try another base instead?
>>
>>49084658
For a historical Guard, the class you'd want to go with would be Fighter, either a Lore Warden (they were well-trained and skilled in nonlethal takedowns) or Viking (they knew how to use their shields effectively and had a decent knowledge of Norse culture and combat-styles even if they'd been in Constantinople for generations).
>>
File: do u rly wana kno.png (91KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
do u rly wana kno.png
91KB, 250x196px
>>49084590
>>
>>49084606
if you're a wizard with a familiar, even better. Familiars have the Valet Archetype that gives Cooperative Crafting for freeeeee. Ask your GM about stacking that +5 too. It can really cut down on the times when you manage to get a fuckhuge Spellcraft. Some things can take months to craft if not.
>>
>>49084715
I am not a wizard, but I can always pick up a familiar with Familiar Bond. It requires Iron Will, but at least it isn't a useless feat.
>>
>>49084658
Fighter (Viking) is actually halfway decent, and lets you have Lawful alignment and rage.
>>
If my character's base land speed is 50, what is his speed in Heavy Armor?
>>
File: Tiefling05.jpg (81KB, 736x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling05.jpg
81KB, 736x800px
>>49083614
>What character are you waiting to play next /pfg/?

I want to play a Vigilante Warlock of some description at some point, complete with Jolly's content, at some point. Int or Cha, single or Gestalt, doesn't really matter. Just want the chance. After that? Actually getting to play a Magus would be nice.

If I ever get to do use PoW content though, I'd want to play a Bushi/Brutal Slayer Stalker that quickdraws a Nodachi, hopefully refluffed to be a more generic "giant fucking curved sword". I don't care that stalker keeps getting called the "worst PoW 1 class", it looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>49084969
35 ft. 25 in Stoneplate.
Medium to Heavy armor reduces land speed by 25%, rounded down to the nearest multiple of 5.

For a 50 ft move speed, this would reduce speed by 12.5 feet, giving you 37.5ft of movement, which rounds down to 35.
>>
>>49084969
35 ft

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity#TOC-Table-Encumbrance-Effects
>>
>>49085010
You should have written 'Medium and Heavy armor' rather than 'to', which could give the wrong idea that only Heavy armor reduces speed.
>>
>>49085018
What order do bonuses and penalties go in?

Like, does the speed reduction only apply based off your base speed, or your current total speed?
>>
File: piano-playing-animated-gif-7.gif (967KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
piano-playing-animated-gif-7.gif
967KB, 500x278px
>>49085018
>>49085010
>Faster than the light armored team members by 5 feet
>In heavy armor
>>
>>49085080
base, I believe. If your base is 30, then you add something because of enhancement bonus, you add the enhancement bonus after. If something bumps up your base speed, then it changes your base, then the penalties apply. What kind of bonus to speed do you have?
>>
>>49085010 (me)
>>49085018
Self-correction after looking at the table again:
Medium and Heavy armor appear to reduce speed by 33%, rounded up to the nearest multiple of 5.

For 50 ft base, this gives the same result, but if your base speed increases somehow, just look at the table.
>>
>>49084970
>I don't care that stalker keeps getting called the "worst PoW 1 class", it looks fun as fuck.

It's important to remember that that description involves a sliding scale. I'd still rather have my players showing up with stalkers or akashic characters than most 1pp classes that may or may not have the basic tools necessary for me to run a challenging high fantasy game. It's not as powerful as a warder or warlord due to its passive maneuver recovery method, but it's still going to be more effective than having a monk, fighter, rogue, cavalier, samurai, or ranger in the group.
>>
>>49085080
Base speed is modified by penalties first, like the reduction from wearing heavy armor. Then you apply enhancement bonuses and the like.

>>49085092
Buy a Sash of the War Champion and go full speed. METAL SANIC.
>>
I also need help naming a character but unfortunately my character may or may not be related to another in the party so this is a ton harder on top of needing them to have a Jojo name. Any advice?
>>
>>49085166
I just recently started looking into Path of War stuff.
1) Are any of the expanded classes good or better than the first set of classes?
2) Why is the Stalker considered the worse of the the three? Warder has to sit a full round doing nothing to recover maneuvers. Stalker seems like a really well built rogue.
>>
>>49085228

Jojo name, huh? Something referencing a famous singer, band, song, or album is probably most appropriate. Preferably one that sounds good when shouted in an extremely hammy Japanese accent.
>>
>>49085230
Warder ends up doing a lot with it's expanded reach and AoOs

Stalker kinda just does shittons of damage. Unless you go Brutal Slayer/Bushi like anon talked about and use Elemental Flux,along with Riven Hourglass and Veiled Moon. Shit is cash
>>
>>49085230
Stalker's better than the Rogue, but the Warder's recovery method is actually a usable ability all on its own - for a defense-oriented class, expanding reach and boosting AC for a round are useful things to be able to do freely. INT combat reflexes also negates the need for massive DEX on a reach weapon build, so Zwei Sentinel becomes optimal for most Warders because of the excessive reach you can acquire.

Warlord has the best recovery method in the game, as far as I'm aware. Nobody else can use a strike every single turn forever - and the benefits Gambits grant, if you have high Charisma, are equivalent to if not better than low-level Boosts, and many are party-wide buffs rather than personal ones.

Stalker's recovery method is mediocre by comparison, and its class features are... Well, they're Rogue features, and Rogue isn't good to begin with.

Frankly, Hidden Blade Rogue is probably a better Rogue than Stalker is. It's INT-based Gambit recovery like a Warlord with access to unlimited sneak attacks so long as somebody's also adjacent to whatever they're stabbing. They can also gain invisibility in combat via the stealth gambit from 1st level onward, and with Unchained Rogue you get Weapon Finesse for free and don't even necessarily need Deadly Agility after 3rd level so long as they focus on just one weapon. Finally, there are many maneuvers that outright make the attack be a flat-footed one, but they also deal bonus damage, so you can rival an archery soulburning stalker in buckets of d6's if you want.
>>
>>49085326
Bushi kind of compensates for the Stalker's shit recovery method, though only after level 6. Once you hit that point, you really have no excuse for running out of maneuvers.
>>
>>49085326
Don't forget the Hawkguard Warder. It actually has much to offer ranged characters as well, and its defensive ability gets pretty nuts.
>>
>>49085426
It does, but I still prefer Warlord for archery. Pinhole Gambit and Flanker's Gambit combo is fantastic, and if I'm using a bow, I'm going for a HEAVY WEAPONS ELF rather than a defender sort of build.
>>
>>49085279
I'm not sure that'll work with the character especially since the stand and the psi-crystal have song names and I'd feel weird if they weren't connected to the character's reference then.
>>
File: Yes.gif (302KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
302KB, 300x167px
>>49085198
>Cast Expeditious Retreat
>Move 80ft as a regular move action
>>
>>49085230
>1) Are any of the expanded classes good or better than the first set of classes?

PoW:E was written with the benefit of a lot of hindsight and additional feedback, so yeah, some of the classes are arguably better on a subjective scale, but they're also much more focused and gimmicky. Personally, the original three classes are still my favorites, with Warder at the top of the list.

>2) Why is the Stalker considered the worse of the the three? Warder has to sit a full round doing nothing to recover maneuvers. Stalker seems like a really well built rogue.

Stalker is like a really well built rogue actually, which is why it's considered the worst. It's recovery mechanic doesn't mesh as well with its other abilities, so where other initiators can continually build momentum, the stalker sort of has to reset every so often to regain maneuvers.
>>
File: ders keds on da trakx.jpg (125KB, 516x768px) Image search: [Google]
ders keds on da trakx.jpg
125KB, 516x768px
>>49085486
>
>>
>>49085326
>>49085511
The Stalker still gets movement, concealment/total concealment, a boost to AC, and adds his massive damage bonus once he finishes.

Is that really not enough to make up for the increased threatened range and AoO that the warder gets?

Also the Warlord looks like he has the best. His gambits aren't amazing with the rewards, but they are a swift action and you there are many martial strikes that can be used to fulfill gambits so you don't waste that turn. Plus getting his Cha modifier to any D20 roll while attempting those gambits means a lot even if it is only a +2 or +3 early.
>>
>>49085230
The mystic can be a little tough to use in online games due to its recovery mechanic. However, it is a solid class with plenty to offer, as do its archetypes. It also can lead into the Animus Adept, which adds very decent buffs and effects for the party, mostly as part of your existing actions. Bigger deal though is Expanded's archetypes for non-initiator classes, like the Rubato and the Myrmidon. Fucking gold for the most part.

The stalker's a BAB15 (less accurate) class with a focus on strikes. It's not that it's bad, it's just that at higher levels you shouldn't be running out of maneuvers to begin with in a given encounter at all, and the others just have so much to offer. Again though; the stalker's not bad at all.
>>
>>49084342
Because you're Gareth's friend, and thereby have lost our fickle favor. Begone, knave.
>>
>>49085426
Hawkguard is probably the coolest archetype for the warder. Kind of funny considering it was written by Errantx and Sslarn.
>>
>>49085596
Anon no longer wants to give his silk things to put around gareth's lance?
>>
>>49084552
The fuck is a living campaign?
>>
File: 1448168047465.jpg (33KB, 505x550px) Image search: [Google]
1448168047465.jpg
33KB, 505x550px
>>49085514
If he ran, he'd be going at 90 miles per hour
In full plate
>>
>>49085604
It also offers things ranged characters really need and normally (THANKS, 1PP OBAMA) get only at like levels 10+, like NOT PROVOKING WHEN YOU SHOOT.
>>
>>49085630
An x4 run on 80ft is 53.333ft/second (don't forget a round means you divide by 6).

That's actually 36.34 miles per hour.
>>
>>49084599
Well, every other player on the planet hates the guy who might show up for two hours mid session. Greater good, asshole. Block out four to six hours of your life, find a group who can accommodate that, or resign yourself to your shitty fate.
>>
>>49085630
90 miles per hour would be 792 feet per second.

That's a move speed of 198, or 158.4 if you can run x5 instead.
>>
>>49085583
I actually really like the stalker, I'm just discussing why people think it's not as good as the other PoW classes.
The expanded reach and AoOs of the warder can actually stack up to a pretty ridiculous amount of damage. When you're locking down 30 ft. cubes of territory, it's not terribly difficult to use up all of your AoOs every round and essentially get multiple full attacks worth of damage every single turn.
Warlord, of course, is the only class that can just use strikes round after round indefinitely, and with the right teamwork feats it can get even more attacks going.
The stalker does competitive damage per hit, but it falls off greatly when you look at the damage metrics over the course of entire rounds or encounters.
>>
>>49085615
I would rather drive my lance through Gareth's silk things.

If you know what I mean.
>>
>>49085632
I think it's actually better at being a tank in a lot of ways too, since it can actually post itself next to the squishies without losing DPR. Makes for one of the few decent thrown weapon builds as well.
>>
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=920595
Here is Mr. 80ft man, is there anything I should change/add?
>>
>>49085742
VAGINA

GUYS HE MEANT VAGINA

You're welcome anon.
>>
>>49085818
Thanks for clearing that up. I had assumed he wanted to defile Gareth's expensive turban collection.
>>
Why the hate towards Gareth?
>>
>>49085932
Non-anonymous people deserve hatred.
>>
>>49085932
Somebody on GitP got his one friend to help him flame because Gareth insulted him for being retarded. They're still here, nobody cares.
>>
Had to update this thing because I realized I was a moron and forgot to remove references to spellbooks in the text when copying from the arcanist for mechanics. Also, fixed a bug where you could use Absorb Spell on your own spells to turn cantrips into higher-level spells.
>>
>>49085949
>>49085996
That doesn't sound biased and full of shit at all!
>>
>>49085996
I think it was actually like 4 or 5 people, and Gareth is legitimately an unprofessional asshole and a huge fucking hypocrite. But let's try and leave that buried.
>>
>>49085932
Hypocritical sack of shit was mocking someone giving feedback to his shitty playtest, then went and edited his posts after being called out on it.
>>
>>49086065
>>49085932
>>49085949
>>49085996
>>49086045
Why don't we just get Gareth's side of the story too, since he's not here to defend himself? He shouldn't need people protecting his precious fee-fees, but he also shouldn't be keelhauled and unable to respond.
>>
File: 348967594.png (69KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
348967594.png
69KB, 300x162px
Well that was a fun thing to have happen while I was at work.

So, lemme open up with this: I was in the wrong. I realized I was in the wrong fairly quickly and edited the post in question (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21151060&postcount=15) within 8 minutes of posting it in an effort to not dump my unrelated rage on Anchovies. Either I failed or a third party is salty about the event for some reason, but either way I'll be settling that out with Anchovies himself.

I do sometimes forget that I'm not with y'all, where I can be a bit more knives-out and engage frankly. That doesn't excuse unprofessional behavior, and it's on me to go and make this right. Things have been...tense...with recent developments, but that doesn't have to be, and should not be, something that my testers and readers have to deal with, and I'll be doing my utmost to ensure that it isn't.

The folks that offered their requests and suggestions for Infusions last night have my thanks. Some of the best material comes out of working with restraints, and it also made a long-ass drive in the middle of the night quite a bit more tolerable.

I'm on deck if you need me for somethin' but don't expect much in the way of, say...answers. It's been a hell of a day for unavoidable reasons.
>>
>>49086084
There's nothing wrong with editing a post three minutes after posting it because you got told "cut that shit out, it's unprofessional". Honestly, it shows more about your obsession that you saw it's original form within those few minutes than anything else.
>>
>>49086086
It was pretty straightforward. He was a douche, disrespected his fans and coworkers, was justifiably lambasted for it, and lost a few customers. Time to move on!
>>
>>49086099
Why do you call Paizo on their unprofessionalism when you yourself act like a shit?
Isn't that completely hypocritical?
>>
>>49086086
No, feel my impotent rage.
>>
>>49086040
Gotta love Forrest. Homebrew that's higher quality than like 80% of the 3pp materials out there.
>>
>>49086147
Theoretically, because he backs-down and apologizes for his shitty behavior.

It doesn't excuse him from it, of course, but it at least shows concern for other people and regret, alongside the desire to improve himself. Which is better than can be said for JJ, Buhlman, Price, Fraiser, etc.
>>
>>49086099
You don't get to be knives-out when you're meant to be acting professionally, dude. That's not what in a professional manner means.
>>
>>49086147
They refuse to own up to it. He at least admits he was in the wrong.
>>
>>49086147
At least Gareth admitted he was being an unprofessional fuck, apologized for it, and is seeking to make amends.

Paizo pretends they're actually professionals.
>>
File: 86KWU4g.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
86KWU4g.gif
776KB, 500x273px
>>49086147
Are you talking about opinions I may or may not have expressed in private, as a private citizen, over venues such as IRC? About forum posts from years back, with lots and lots of time for me to learn and make my own mistakes? Or are you talking about some recent conversation or post that I can't bring to mind because I'm strung out on exhaustion?

Either way, the answer is the same: it's possible for two people to be equally wrong at the same time, and I am doing my best to learn from my mistakes when I make them.
>>
>>49086184
Reading comprehension. You're conflating two separate things.
>>
>>49086147
Considering I've never actually seen Paizo openly mock or deride their consumers before, I think it's even a little bit worse than that, but can we talk about something other than exactly how big a piece of shit Gareth actually is?
>>
>>49086228
Well there was that "Martial/Caster disparity is only pushed by people with an agenda" spiel.
>>
>>49086165
Wasn't the last homebrew she posted promptly picked up by DSP because people playtested it? Maybe I should play this one.
>>
>>49086228
Never saw SKR, did ya?
>>
>>49086202
I'd advise not acting like a shit to begin with, even if you find it infuriating. You can overcome an obstacle with actual professionalism you know.
You've apologized too many times now and that's not on, especially if you've acting on behalf on a company.
>>
>>49086228
>waterballoons
>mouse tied to wrists
>limit on free actions
>>
>>49086228
Crystal "Intersex Changelings are super-common and are more scared of being male than being hags" "Amazon Female-Asmodeus-worshiping country" "pregnancy is rape" Frasier would give evidence otherwise.
>>
>>49086040
What is this and why should I look at it?
>>
>>49086040
So, it essentially has the casting mechanic the bloodrager should have gotten? 4 level effects with 9 level scaling?
>>
>>49086276
2 isn't bad, I'd need a source for 1 and 3.
>>
>>49086205
No one in customer service or acting as a professional mouthpiece should act in am insulting manner no matter how much you want to punch that customer, that's grounds for immediate termination.
>>
File: [NOT OKAY].gif (3MB, 217x264px) Image search: [Google]
[NOT OKAY].gif
3MB, 217x264px
>>49086261
>SKR
>
>>
File: 1466585767589.png (123KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
1466585767589.png
123KB, 612x563px
>>49086267
>"I'm trying to improve myself"
>"Have you tried just not being bad to start with"

Wow, fucking useful advice there bucko. Who knew that all you needed for self-improvement was to just stop being bad?
>>
>>49086107
Yes, obsession. It's totally my fault someone was being a hypocritical sack of shit, sure.

Edge of my dick. Fuck off it.
>>
>>49086261
Oh hey, Jolly, this is to you and the anon that was sorta helping me with reading up on the Occult Adventures book last night.

I got to talking a bit more with the main GM for my group, we got to an understanding that the content in question wasn't overpowered (the main detractor had a bad experience with a power-gamer back in 3.5) and we got things all cleared up.

Do appreciate the help, either way.
>>
>>49086284
This is a homebrew caster class that gets 4 levels of spells off the sorc/wiz spell list, but scaling free spontaneous metamagic, a bunch of spells per day, and abilities that let them alter how their spells function freely (components, energy types, areas, eventually save types).

They also get a boatload of bonus metamagic feats to help support said free metamagic.

tl;dr: Caster who gets spammed metamagic instead of higher-level spells.
>>
>>49086316
He's being like that for too many times though, that's the point.
>>
>>49086274
"Makes poor choices and agenda laden material" is not the same as "Openly mocks and laughs at playtesters on a personal level". One is a legitimate if questionable business decision, the other is the action of a 12 year old.
>>
>>49086316
If he's still trying to improve himself and is still acting like a shit, maybe his job should be given to someone else, you complete fucktard.
>>
>>49086379
He's a freelancer, it's not a job in the same context you're assuming. At most, he should just chill talking in any official context for a bit.
>>
File: 661381.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
661381.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>49086328
>save types and areas
>
>>
>>49086412
Oh yeah, he should just chill.

Gareth, take that stick out of your lard ass and just chill. Chill.
>>
>>49086379
You are REALLY cranky dude.

Whassamatter, had your illusions shattered that your husbando's a flawed human like the rest of us?
>>
>>49086469
Fuck off, if he's doing a poor job then it should be given to someone else. Especially if it's making DSP look like a ring of fools.
>>
>>49086469
"Human" is such a strong word, and it's one we really don't have much evidence for either way. Gareth could be the most effective spambot ever written, unleashed upon the world with the philosophy that any publicity is good publicity.
>>
>>49086328
How well would it play if I backported it to 3.5? Would it become broken if I did?
>>
>>49086545
Personally I think he's just CHA hate incarnate.
>>
>>49086320
That's awesome, I'm glad they saw reason.
>>
File: G6zQ4zr.gif (250KB, 265x350px) Image search: [Google]
G6zQ4zr.gif
250KB, 265x350px
>>49086545
The sad part is that this wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
>>
>>49086040
Have you looked at late game DCs very much? It seems like they might lag quite a bit, but maybe I'm just missing something?
>>
>>49086519
It doesn't make them look like a ring of fools, it makes him look like he has a temper issue. He admittedly does, but an effort for self improvement is better than not, even if it still doesn't result in improvement.

>>49086545
Is he human?

Does a submarine swim?

There comes a point when the difference is mere semantics.
>>
File: saltelemental.png (123KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
saltelemental.png
123KB, 500x506px
>>49086065
>>49086084
>>49086122
>>49086147
>>49086228
>>49086267
>>49086318
>>49086379
>>49086519
>>49086545
>>49086581
Boy people are getting salty in here
>>
>>49086654
>pic
That's not Bastion.
>>
>>49086671
that's not a good game :^)
>>
>>49086671
But bastion's pretty easy to deal with.
>>
File: salt pillar.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
salt pillar.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>49086654
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmpBCXOgVI
>
>>
>>49086690
Requiring the summoning of that icy demon is not "easy", anon.
Unless you've already sold your soul?
>>
>>49086228
Stop this! Fact that Garreth insult your retarded husbando doesn't meant that Garreth are bad man.
>>
>>49086671
>>
>>49086706
I possibly Mei-d a deal.
>>
>>49086654
Here's your you. Let the salty tears flow through you.
>>
>>49086732
Thanks for the (you)! Have one too!
>>
>>49086706
Genji, Tracer, and Pharah are all pretty common
>>
>>49086766
But how common are GOOD Genjis, Tracers, and Pharahs?
>>
I remember when this general wasn't weebs, waifus, and shitposting

No i don't...
>>
Can we go back to talking about poofy dresses?
>>
>>49086715
Let's be fair here, even those of us who like Gareth as much as we like anyone aren't going to take it so far as to say he's not a bad man when he obviously is. Places like this exist specifically for people like Gareth.
>>
>>49086803
Was it during a massive blackout or something? August 5th, 1991?
>>
>>49086829
Nah. Being angry doesn't mean being bad. Especially when you recognize your faults, apologize, and try not necessarily succeed, but at least try to fix them. Bad people are those who intentionally hurt others.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (12KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
12KB, 214x235px
>>49086803
>>
>>49086853
Perhaps it was in a dream long ago. I can barely remember those halcyon days
>>
>No Strange Aeons links

Come on, step it up.
>>
>>49086826
The problem with flying in a poofy dress is that you're going to get accused of being an exhibitionist. Though some people see that as a benefit.
>>
>>49086880
We dun run our leaker off.
>>
>>49086829
>Let's be fair here
Okay. Why not be guided by moral maxim:
"Let he without sin cast the first stone"?
>>
File: lisa for real.png (68KB, 1387x635px) Image search: [Google]
lisa for real.png
68KB, 1387x635px
>>49086261
SKR has apologized and explained a lot of his shit and why he had those views at those times.

Bullshitman and Lisa Stevens are the ones that legitimately deserve vitriol.
>>
>>49086948
Were you not aware that it was Christ himself who first called Gareth out? Once that was taken care of, the stone was cast and hunting season was open.
>>
Ok, so I just came into this thread and I felt the need to remind people that Gareth is the front man for DSP not because of his social skills, but because he's able to handle the scummiest user bases of Pathfinder without chickening out.
>>
>>49086891
Yeah but you can always have one of the martials carry you or mind control/create something for that. A golem carriage to carry you and your poofy dress, a sedan for in dungeons, or using flight to levitate just a bit off the ground solve all those claims.
>>
>>49087027
F L Y I N G C A R P E T
>>
>>49086099
Did the original version of that post have shitslinging at Ssalarn for stealing Arcforge or were you just being an ass at the dude who disagreed with FCBs?

Cause the new post is still pretty dick level toward FCB man.
>>
>>49087002
He should still try to develop good social skills specially because he's DSP's frontman.
>>
>>49086858
Is he even trying though? Because right here

>>49086099
>Either I failed or a third party is salty about the event for some reason, but either way I'll be settling that out with Anchovies himself.

He says that either he failed to apologize to Anchovies properly, or some other third party is salty. Not "I fucked up and deserve this for disrespecting my fans and coworkers" but "for some reason they just won't get over it, but I'll work things out with one individual". This mother fucker still thinks he's the victim, not the perpetrator. He didn't learn shit.
>>
>>49087050
FCB guy has the right of it. It's 100% not the place to put in class fixes.
>>
>>49087050
It was just him being a dick to FCB guy.
>>
>>49087061
Unfortunately he posts to /pfg/ where social skills wither away along with our brains.
>>
>>49087050
'Shitslinging'? Ssalarn's quite welcome to Arcforge; I stated, accurately, that I cannot speak on its contents or their interactions with our material 'cause it's not ours. Nothing was stolen, and I certainly ain't upset about it. If Mike feels I was, he knows how to contact me, but I can say in all honesty that I had no malice in that chunk of the post.

No, the unprofessional bit was entirely directed towards Anchovies, and I'm resolving that with him.
>>
File: Daisuke_Izuka_Dual.png (3MB, 1299x812px) Image search: [Google]
Daisuke_Izuka_Dual.png
3MB, 1299x812px
Hey guys, can I get some help here? Im a little new to pathfinder and table tops in general, Im trying to get my character sheet for my new character ready before our next meeting so it does not take forever for me to get into the game. We're at level 10 . Im making a fighter, how many starting feats do i get? If it helps im making an Aasimar fighter Angel kin for the strength and Charisma bonus
>>
>>49087066
...No? I apologized to Anchovies literally just now? The 'failed' bit would be as in, 'I failed to edit it in time for Anchovies to not have to deal with me being angry for no good reason'.
>>
>>49087100
You start with 11 feats. Good luck picking them.
>>
>>49087076
Dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty well liked everywhere. /pfg/ isn't the worst in the hellhole of the internet, but it could certainly use some improvements and civility.
>>
>>49087083
>>49087133
You shouldn't word responses to Gitp like you do here. Not with any amount of vitriol.
>>
File: CyyoTlH.gif (256KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CyyoTlH.gif
256KB, 480x360px
>>49087133
>Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>49087100
You get a feat if human, and a feat at levels 1/3/5/7/9 (everyone does).

Fighter gets bonus feats at 1/2/4/6/8/10

So that's 11 feats, 12 if human.
>>
>>49087166
That's between him and I. If he wants to share the dialogue, that's on him; I'm not going to parade it around to try and win anon's fickle affections.

>>49087160
Aye.
>>
>>49087134
>>49087174
Thanks guys
>>
>>49087100
Get out while you can. Find a better system. SAVE YOURSELF!
>>
>>49086416
Honestly I'm not sure what this face is meant to mean.
>>
>>49087195
>That's between him and I.

The point is that it isn't though. You disrespected your customers and your coworkers, and you still don't even realize it. That's why people are still giving you shit. It's like a white guy calling a black guy a nigger or a straight guy calling a gay guy a faggot and then telling everyone it's okay because you're friends. The act may have been directed at one person, but it's offensive to everyone.
>>
>>49087047
That too.
>>
File: jVOERNF.jpg (161KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
jVOERNF.jpg
161KB, 500x628px
>>49087195
>>49087281
If you're going to have these things happen with friends anyways...maybe they should be done privately...yknow, since it's with your friends?
>>
>>49087281
And parading my apology around robs the person I actually wronged of the personal closure they deserve. Again: if Anchovies wants to share, he can. If not, that's fine. Y'all will be mad at me or not either way. What's on me is to be better going forward.
>>
>>49087330
Who's friends with who now?
>>
>>49087407
Gareth being friends with Anchovies...and whomever else was part of that playtest.

He's said things that imply as much, so I'm sitting here thinking "If you're all buddies with 'private disclosure' respect with eachother, why not just play the test in private too to avoid this dumbass drama in the first place?'
>>
>>49086614
Anyone? Forrest?
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>49087027
>Yeah but you can always have one of the martials carry you or mind control/create something for that.

>Huge buff well-dressed gentleman martial princess-carrying the adorable, fashionable sorceress after she twists her ankle wearing heels at a nobleman's party

I'd so totally get a commission of this if I could get a good idea what those two look like.
>>
>>49087455
I don't think they are friends. It sounds like Gareth made an ass of himself and got a bunch of people riled up, then tried to fix it with a PM to the person he responded to initially.
>>
>>49087463
I have; the idea with this is that if you want to focus on save DCs, you pick up Heighten Spell and use at least some of your nova spells' bonus on that (if you go all-out on save DCs, you'll have a base DC of 10 + 12 + stat around the same time other casters get 9ths; while your spell effects won't be as strong, you can deliver some fairly terrifying debuffs), making a tradeoff between increasing DCs further and using more metamagic/class abilities on it.
>>
>>49087497
This. /pfg/ got an apology for my conduct in general lately. The person I actually wronged is getting his own; he deserves no less.
>>
File: fE3RWzn.png (72KB, 210x193px) Image search: [Google]
fE3RWzn.png
72KB, 210x193px
>>49087520
Why do you even care what /pfg/ thinks in the first place? It's not like we buy your stuff anyways.
>>
>>49087514
Also, later on, you can alter your spells to always target their weak save at the cost of some of your nova spell bonus.
>>
File: 65465138.gif (545KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
65465138.gif
545KB, 640x360px
>>49087476
>>
>>49087100
Just start with a level 1 fighter and start leveling. You gain normal feats at odd levels on top of fighter feats and an increase to a score at every 4th level (4, 8, 12, ect).
>>
>>49087514
Wouldn't you lack the slots to make Heighten Spell effective since it still requires a slot of the appropriate level?
>>
>>49087476
If I knew anybody who could draw people well I'd ask for this and let them have fun. That's awesome and I want that in a game I play in some fashion. Maybe my next one, they could get carried by my character's mind or the massive shonen warder.
>>
>>49087542
A few of us give better feedback than literally any other website's users do. Probably because we can't be banned for shitting on a product.
>>
>>49087571
that's the beauty of the class's primary class feature. it's free metamagic.
>>
>>49086099
What would you say is a decent build to ween a group onto Path of War?
>>
File: 5TUjvcY.jpg (15KB, 204x221px) Image search: [Google]
5TUjvcY.jpg
15KB, 204x221px
>>49087583
So, literally just
>Do my job and unfuck my work for free.
>>
>>49087583
If I can say anything about PFG, it's given me pretty solid feedback on content.
>>
File: 1468295821351.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1468295821351.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
Have you ever changed the tone of a fight in the middle of an encounter, lads? Mid-battle revelations or perhaps changing enemy behavior when you wound or kill an opponent?
>>
>>49087610
I mean.
We pirate all his shit anyway.
We're getting free shit constantly.
Some people give feedback so the next batch of free shit is better.
>>
>>49087612
>>49087612
You haven't been routinely acting like an asshole and being called out for it.
>>
File: 9ulynS9.gif (1003KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
9ulynS9.gif
1003KB, 240x180px
>>49087639
Fair enough I suppose.
>>
>>49087571
>Nova Spell: Once per round, a novaburst savant can cast a spell as a "nova;" by incorporating a massive burst of energy at just the right time, she can modify her spell as she sees fit. When she casts a nova spell, she can spontaneously apply any metamagic feats she possesses with a total level adjustment of +0 to the spell without increasing its casting time or the level needed to cast the spell. This is in addition to any existing metamagic effects on the spell, though she cannot spontaneously apply metamagic feats in excess of those allowed by this ability at the same time.
>At 3rd level and every two class levels thereafter, the number of levels worth of metamagic feats that the novaburst savant can apply to her nova spells increases by 1. For example, a 3rd-level novaburst savant could apply Extend Spell (+1 adjustment) to her nova spells, and a 13th-level novaburst savant could potentially apply Empower Spell (+2 adjustment) and Quicken Spell (+4 adjustment) simultaneously.
>When Heighten Spell is used with this ability, the novaburst savant chooses how many levels she will use it to adjust her spell by, then treats her spell as that many levels higher.

Basically, for one spell per round, you get a buttload of free metamagic on it. You get a bonus metamagic feat at every even class level, so you'll be able to pick up the ones you want by the time you need them. Heighten is one that you'll likely grab early if you want save DCs.
>>
>>49087610
...Anon, are you aware of a way to improve one's writing that involves no feedback whatsoever?
>>
>>49087652
The alternative is paying to do so anyways.
>>
File: Dante.gif (986KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
Dante.gif
986KB, 500x253px
>>49087649
I'd like to think I'm not an asshole myself. Just a guy who's a dev for fun and wants to see the kineticist work.
>>
>>49087610
So what you're saying is that they should only playtest internally, getting no outside opinion whatsoever until it's released?

Do you want Kineticists?

Because that's how you get Kineticists.
>>
>>49087619
>Mid-battle revelations or perhaps changing enemy behavior when you wound or kill an opponent?

NO ONE STOPS.
>>
>>49087697
...okay, I laughed pretty hard at this.
>>
>>49087697
Oh shit... That was good!
>>
>>49087581(me)
Even better there's an alchemist (the warder's girlfriend)who's taking the clumsy flaw and will want to go to a fancy party in game.

>>49087619
Yeah, I pink misted a guy (over 150 damage in a hit due to a critical on a spell with maxed rolls, type advantage, and a bunch of shit) so they just bowed down since we were in the only exit to the room.
>>
>>49087619
I've been using the daeva from Akashic Mysteries against my players lately, and they're pretty good for that. You can move essence around as a swift action, so it can be really hard for the party to figure out what the magic numbers are.
>>
>>49087666
Ah, I get it now. I was getting hung up on the differences in the way Heighten Spell is worded compared to the other metamagic feats. That's really cool! I want to play one of these now, or maybe steal the mechanic for use with the bloodrager.
>>
>>49087833
The daeva are interesting. They take more prep time and work as a DM if you want to get the most out of them, but they're really fun to throw at the party.
>>
File: Blush.png (55KB, 196x328px) Image search: [Google]
Blush.png
55KB, 196x328px
>>49087771

>Clumsy mad scientist
>Has a big, beefy if-you-stand-in-my-threat-range-I-will-rape-you-and-everyone-you-love martial boyfriend
>Fancy party ensues
>Alchemist keeps stepping on warder's feet while they're dancing
>Warder is immune to such meager pain
>Alchemist hurts ankle wearing high heels
>Warder will carry her to a balcony where they can rest and look at the starlit sky together

Sounds cute, Anon.
>>
>>49087619
I once had a campaign where so many creatures crit failed when attacking only me, my character believed they were a higher power rather than just being called by higher power (Paladin)

That line of thinking was quickly revoked when he received 3 critical hits in a row, sending him down.

Next combat he crit failed and dropped his tower shield. That let every enemy around him that round actually be able to hit him by the smallest margin. He went atoning for his sins.
>>
File: 1444647004806.png (139KB, 308x765px) Image search: [Google]
1444647004806.png
139KB, 308x765px
>>49087961

>Balcony
>Not the garden, where he reveals his wide knowledge of botany and plant species while she nurses her ankle
>>
>>49088030

Oh, he has Knowledge (Nature) trained? That works.
>>
>>49088030

Now I begin to see the ulterior motives behind why casters keep martials around.
>>
File: 1450239901421.png (253KB, 442x442px) Image search: [Google]
1450239901421.png
253KB, 442x442px
>>49088049
>Oh, he has Knowledge (Nature) trained? That works.

Knowledge (nature) *and* Heal, which he uses to find herbal cures for common ailments!
>>
>>49087961
The only question is his character since he's more or less trying to be as shonen protagonist as he can be without doing the make friends with enemies thing (that's on our zealot with the anime capstone maneuver).

>>49088030
I think he might have it, does a warder get that as a class skill?
>>
>>49088095
Heal bitch is me, the summoner, and the alchemist unfortunately. It would be cute though.
>>
>>49088118
>does a warder get that as a class skill?

No, but it's easily gained through a trait or simply telling the DM you want to spend gp and time on studying plants really, really hard.

Grow her the perfect rose!
>>
File: gunfu.jpg (20KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
gunfu.jpg
20KB, 320x256px
Newfag here. Can someone help me out with how to do a gun-kata character for Pathfinder? I've not played pathfinder in a while and I did find a guide of sorts, but I can't be certain that 3pp content is usable. 3pp probably not allowed.

I just remember the big issues to be I need an extra hand somehow for reloading dual pistols, and the general shooting and reloading close to enemies is a bad idea thing. I don't mind if I have to slowly work up to it (starting level 3), as long as it eventually will become ridiculous melee shooting pseudo-karate if he reaches a high enough level. Bonus points for dual wielding.

Is Deft Shootist considered bad? It looks like it's what I need, but guides I've looked at seem to think it's terrible.

Stated setting houserules about firearms:

Firearms are more or less commonplace. Cosmic level firearms "exist" very rarely. Firearms base damage is adjusted to be higher than original. Armor exists that gives AC for firearm damage, but ineffective vs most fantasy weaponry (swords, arrows, and bolts count, but sling bullets count for anti-firearm instead). Magic based AC like enhancement bonuses work vs both.

>>49087691
Your name is familiar... do you write build guides?
>>
>>49088158
A class skill is only a +3 anyway.
>>
>>49088159
He does write build guides.
>>
>>49088184
Under most circumstances, but there are also abilities that give further benefits to class skill checks. Couldn't find any what with all the everything that is Pathfinder, but they're there.
>>
>>49088159
Yep, I'm (Eh)N. Jolly, writer of quite a few class guides.
>>
>>49088159
What level are you starting at? There's actually some pretty cool things you can do with the Rogue and firearms if you're high enough level to use Gun Twirling. I seem to recall there being a way to get the Sohei to be able to flurry with pistols, but I don't recall exactly how that build came together.
>>
>>49088159
>pathfinder
>guns
Sit down son, i've got some bad news
>>
>>49088226
Forgot your trips.
>>
>>49088158
We'll be moving a lot so growing that rose would be tough especially since we may never see anywhere twice (randomized labyrinth).

>>49088184
Doesn't it cost two points?
>>
>>49088159
Yep, I'm N. Jolly, probably the writer of the gunslinger guide you checked out. And yeah, deft shootist isn't great, I'm sure there's some 3p that'll help you make something out of guns; I wrote Gunslingers of Porphyra too, which has gun mods and such that you can use to make your guns not garbage.
>>
DMing question. What is the best way to get skill usage involved other than the boring (climb/swim) and the combat (stealth, perception)?

One of my campaigns is ending soon and the DM expressed that he wished to be a player the next time and I thought I might try my hand at it.
>>
File: tacticsogre_class_terror_7_JPG.png (245KB, 550x544px) Image search: [Google]
tacticsogre_class_terror_7_JPG.png
245KB, 550x544px
I've been wondering if there is a way to build a Terror Knight kinda class using pathfinder's system, it was my favorite class in Tactics Ogre and I worked my ass off to make it work in the game.

So would it be possible to have a character that could :
>Be able to equip heavy and spiky armors.
>Fight in melee.
>Be able to strike fear / terror / panic using his weapon, a touch action or a spell
>Be able to cast sleep on foes
>Be able to buff his weapon with fire or dark elements
>Get the best score in intimidation for maximum terror.

I know that inquisitors are able to make an intimidation roll for each strike at later level, but would a terror knight class be possible ? Maybe using magical weapons or trinkets ?
>>
>>49088258
That was 3.5 bucko.

In Pathfinder, one rank costs one rank, but having at least one rank in a class skill gives you a +3 bonus.

Also, max ranks is your level, not your level +3
>>
>>49088330
I knew everything but the cross class not being double cost. It generally doesn't matter since they're usually not the best choice since points are limited.
>>
>>49088319
Investigation. Social interactions with various types. Wide fields of knowledge. NPCs that lie. Situations that warrant lying. Scenes of revelry(Perform). All sorts of little things you can do. Trudging through caves isn't really gonna utilize a lot of these things.
>>
>>49088322
Pretty much an Antipaladin Intimidate build. Sleep is the only thing it can't do out of all of that.
>>
>>49088372
That's the thing man, it doesn't matter too hard. It's just +3.

Yeah it'd be better if it was a class skill, but it's not the end of the world. If your beefcake wants points in heal to better woo the ladies and their injured ankles, him not having it as a class skill ain't gonna get in his way too hard.
>>
>>49088192
>>49088226
>>49088270
Oh neato. The internet really is a small world.

>>49088235
Starting level 3.

>>49088236
DM's setting implies enemies will employ guns as well. Figured that was enough to push me to try guns out even if guns were terribad.

>>49088270
Gun Twirling is from a 3rd ed source, right? I have to look for it and show it to my DM before he'll consider okaying it.
>>
>>49088456
>Gun Twirling

Gun Twirling is from Paizo, 1pp source.
>>
>>49088398
Antipaladin honestly.
>>
>>49088447
Then he may get it, he did have extra points that he just put wherever last I checked.
>>
>>49088499
I can't read today. There's a feat called gunslinger that I mistook for gun twirling for some reason.
>>
>>49088456
Assuming you haven't already, give N. Jolly's guide a good reading. Certainly helped me out in figuring out how to play up the class's strengths.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1En2ECuP1v63kTqGIUx5dpuhZQuoXl9Tc0UEj3P_xYN0/

>>49088667
The feat Gunslinger is from 3.5, so you'll have to figure out whether you can use it or not because not provoking AoO when shooting at 4th level (Requires +4 BAB, Weapon Focus with the specific firearm, and proficiency with said firearm) can probably be considered a little too powerful.
>>
>>49088573
>>49088398

So Antipaladin, with maybe a magic thing that could cast sleep once or twice a day.
Aren't Antipaladin bound to spread evil and be general dickheads ?

Could I play my terror antipaladin as a guy who spread terror and panic amongs his ennemies so that a valiant and worthy opponent rise up to his challenge ? More like a black knight and less like a sociopathic blashemous mass murderer.

I would probably play in a good aligned group.
>>
>>49088735
I should have added that it may 'sound' powerful, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is.
>>
>>49088744
That depends more on your GM's understanding of alignment. However, there's an archetype to make them LE instead of CE. For reference, LE is the 'agreeable' Evil alignment.
>>
File: alex.png (119KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
alex.png
119KB, 256x256px
>When the token turns out just right
>>
File: Knight with really cool armor.jpg (67KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Knight with really cool armor.jpg
67KB, 736x736px
>>49088322
>>49088744
>Fear
>Cast Sleep
>Black Knight
Are you saying you want to be a Knight Terror?
>>
>>49089145
That's exactly what I'm saying.
I always like the idea of a fear-inducing, sleep-inducing, let-me-drink-your-hitpoints-inducing black knight archetype that is not just a sociopath in spiky armor.
>>
>>49084125

You can use shifter as the race, or perhaps you can use Dreamscarred Press's Lords of the Wild's werewolf template: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479603-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Lords-of-the-Wild-The-Playtest!

Or you can get a shapeshifter (or just the Combat Training trait with a Chimera Heart maneuver) and take shifting feats to mimic turning into a werewolf.

As for fighting style, you will unfortunately need to invest into some of the pirate-y fighting styles... My personal recommendation is either the privateer stalker or privateer warlord (from Path of War: Expanded).

Or you can invest into a hugeass feat chain that lets you do sword and gun.
>>
Do you guys have any cool dice? I'm looking to buy my set of dice. I'm not looking for vegas style super balance metal dice, just a nice pair.

Our party bought a starter pathfinder pack with a huge bag of random dice, but the plain colors are a little boring. I saw some cthulhu and skeleton themed sets, but nothing else really themed.

I was thinking of buying some Chessex dice simply because they aren't bland.
>>
>>49089402
I got a few pairs of chessex dice and a really fancy set of dice that was custom made for me at a metal shop. I'd recommend chessex if plain dice bore you,
>>
I've been rewriting the corruption rules in horror adventures and realised I have almost enough material for a small splat book. Is /tg/ interested are there any types of corruptions not covered in HA that people wanna see? So far I have made a few.
>>
>>49089482
Go on, then. Show us!
>>
>>49089482
I wanna see!
>>
>>49089402
Chessex ain't bad. There are a lot of 3d printing sites that offer dice (it's probably babby's first design project), but they tend to be pricey and you don't really know how balanced they'll be until you get them. Gmdice also has a bunch of different options, but again, pricey.
>>
>>49089509
I'll type it up over the next few days, but I'll give a small list of the changes I made.

>Made it much harder to progress to the end state. In an ingame test after 3 sessions a player of mine became a DMPC.

>Instead of rapidly progressing down a tree whenever you do a "Spiteful act" each corruption now has a list of specific actions which prompt a check to give dickass gms more guidance. A "Friend" of mine caused one of his players to have a will save whenever he so much as insulted anyone.

>The 3 stage system will be larger and each stage will basically make it so the gm can effect the player with pre-determined suggestions via the suggestion spell. For example the GM could force a Ghoul corrupted PC to have to feed on the nearest flesh at an inopportune time. At lower levels this "instinct" is much less pressing and could be accomplished over a period of time. At higher levels it is exactly like suggestion (See my end state point above)
I am debating making it so that the "instinct" System shuts down the players stains for the rest of the day and can only be used once per day.

>Two different end states. One where the pc is strongly compelled by his monstrous instict however still largely in control of his PC. The second where the GM is largely in control however the PC can make will saves and mental stat checks to regain control. The first one ends up playing out alot more like permanent suggestion effects in my platest, the second was resulted in a rather interesting combat where the pc was basically a schizophrenic asshole constantly turning on the party.

>Rebalanced almost every Gift and stain. Lower level gifts are now around half a feat in strength, mid level gifts are around a feat in strength, and high level gifts are around 1.5 to 2 feats in strength. Stains are uniform in strength and never effect the actuall ability scores like the gnashing bite stain. Instead they will just give you skillcheck penalties.
(Cont)
>>
>>49089731
I have also been working on a few new corruptions. Mainly an anti-paladin one because a gm friend wants a "Slow Fall". A broken soul/PTSD-esque corruption. And lastly a corruption that is basically the PC becoming overwhelmed with magical energy and slowly losing control over their casting. This may be one of the meaner ones because the gm can actually impulsively switch out a spell as its being cast via "instinct"

Sorry for the rotten formatting before. Thought the green text would look nicer. Any feedback and suggestions would be nice. Especially for more corruptions.
>>
File: latest.jpg (6KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
6KB, 200x163px
Is there a 3pp racial feat to get a permanent fly speed as a tiefling? Or something of the sort? I took vestigial wings on a whim, only to realize I can never have them grow or mutate into anything more. It's not a big deal, and I can probably just refluff a fly spell or somehing, but it tickles my autism something fierce. Especially given that Aasimars can get one.

>mfw Investigators can't take the wings discovery
>mfw it never progresses past minutes/day flight anyway, so it'd be bad anyway
>>
>>49089993
Ask the DM if you can refluff the Aasimar feat?
>>
>>49089993
I actually just give my players one of two options, a refluffing of the aasimar feat chaine or a refluffing of the aasimar feat with armor of the pit as the pre-req. More often I force armor of the pit as a pre-req.
>>
>>49090022
>>49090057
Strangely enough, I was thinking of EXACTLY that. Asking about just being able to refluff the angel wings feat with armor of the pit as a replacement prereq. It's worth a shot I guess, worse case I'll just deal.
>>
Need a reason for an Orc to join a mercenaries guild. He is big and dumb. Any suggestions?
>>
>>49090138
>I kill for money, Money buys me food and PUSSY.

If you can't think of that yourself, you're not even trying.
>>
>>49089993
DSP's Blooforge, Vestigial Wings>Aerial Wings feat chain nets you a 2x land speed, good maneuverability flying.
>>
>>49090154
>implying the Orc in question isn't dumb enough to not think of that

I mean, at least I think that's what anon is getting at.
>>
>>49090138
Tell me about your Orc. What are his hobbies? Alignment? Who are his friends, if any?
>>
>>49090138
It's pretty simple. He's good at fighting and likes fighting.

These people tell him WHO to fight, and then he doesn't get in trouble AND gets money for it.

Simplicity is a gift.
>>
File: map_57c5427d0ef154e0007cbe42(7).jpg (3MB, 5400x3500px) Image search: [Google]
map_57c5427d0ef154e0007cbe42(7).jpg
3MB, 5400x3500px
>>49084562
Guess this is done. Time to decide what each nation is like.

Anyone have any suggestions? So far I've only vaguely decided what each region's population is generally made up of.
>>
>>49090403
What did you use to make this?
>>
>>49090470
Fantastic Mapper, it's a web-based mapping tool that's currently in closed beta. One of my old GMs got me on the mailing list.
>>
>>49089717
I don't mind price, I just don't want to pay price for purely balanced dice. $20 for a set seems a little steep though. I do like the look of the sets.

I am not going with 3d printing because most of it looks like crap or is even more expensive. Nothing like having a bad dice. Tested at home, I have one dice that is messed up and weighted to roll 1s.
>>
>>49090403

Am I correct in assuming that the desolate desert wastes and demon-infested hellpit's proximity to Irresponsible Wizard Land is not coincidence?

Also, couldn't help but notice the hobbits are nestled directly between the muscular pectorals of barbarians and lizardmen. I imagine life is not quite so idyllic there.
>>
>>49090544
>Am I correct in assuming that the desolate desert wastes and demon-infested hellpit's proximity to Irresponsible Wizard Land is not coincidence?
Yep.

>Also, couldn't help but notice the hobbits are nestled directly between the muscular pectorals of barbarians and lizardmen. I imagine life is not quite so idyllic there.
The hobbit kingdom is the Land of Perpetual Bullying.

Neither side is willing to pillage it utterly because the hobbits have the best farmland for miles around, so they just bully the hobbits into sharing much of what they grow. Little do they know, the hobbits are actually very generous and don't nearly eat all of it anyway so they barely know they're being bullied.
>>
>>49090403
How the fuck do the hobbits even live?
Make the hobgoblins theocratic to counteract the endless skeletons.
Toss in dinosaurs with the reptilian conglomerate for cooler lizardman wildshape bullshit.
Put gnomes not on the map. In the ocean. So they drown. Horribly.
Why do you have/need four kinds of elves?
Throw in some mainland literal weebs that won't shut up about the magical isle of whatthefuckever.
Irresponsible wizards rely on a giant ass illusion barrier that makes demons forget what they were doing and head the opposite direction. It's carefully parabolised to redirect towards the fortress on the other side of the wastes. Because assholes.
Smug elves and rude elves are physically identical to anyone that's not actually part of either faction. Right down to the clothing and hairstyles. Naturally, they get really pissy when one's mistaken for the other.
>>
>>49090683
I like all of this. Except the Gnomes. The world needs something to hate.

When I was putting it together I sort of just put elves anywhere I couldn't think to put something better. I don't really want the desert elves or the southern fucking elves, what should I put there instead? I was thinking of the birdpeople, the syrinx and shit, but they're so furry that I was thinking they should be confined to Weeaboo Furry Alcatraz with the rest.

I'll probably replace the Fuckin' Elves with Literal Weaboo Kingdom. Probably humans, of course.
>>
>>49090719

I mean, you've already got lizardmen. Asshole birds aren't a big stretch from there.
>>
>>49090738
Yeah, you're probably right.

I'll make them have a thing for mummies and shit. Their clerics will steal skelebros from the Lich Dude to fight the North Humies and the Dorfs with.

The two Humie kingdoms are clearly different, but in what way should they be different?
>>
>>49090766
Oh, wait, I know. One of them can be an oppressive LE vampire dictatorship and the other one can be the half of the kingdom that successfully rebelled when the vampires took over via coup.

Let's say they were helped out by metallic dragons, that's always cool enough.
>>
>>49084135
>Bloodforge 1
>elves fuck everything that moves: the book
>>
>>49090766

North is Protestant, south is Catholic.

Thirty years of hilarity ensues.
>>
>>49090719
>desert birdmen
Slightly depowered aasimar with glide shenanigans to start. Mostly not furry, go full zealots with divine power to back it up and piles of weird rules. Also makes desert travel suck a bit less. Toss in hints of being more literal birdmans and not-egypt ruins under the sands from when the area was less of an awful desert.

Arabian Knights isn't a typo, because they can get eternal ice from the elementals. Imagine old style persian baroque detailing on a completely impractical suit of armor with a built in AC unit, coffee dispenser, a pair of swiveling crossbow mounts on the pauldrons, and a birdcage in case you want sweet melodies while riding to battle.

Plantmen are embodied fragments of nature spirits, 'invented' by the fey because they actually needed something to keep the skeletons off as they're too dumb to trick. They don't leave enough of a skeleton to raise, and tend to actually not be dicks when they head out into the wider world.

Magical assholes are actually in a rough spot, but it's a rough spot they've been in for several decades now with no change in the balance, so it's probably not as rough as it looks.
>>
>>49090795
>halflings get in on the action the supplement
>>
>>49091146
>halflings take the knot
>>
I find pretty boring first 4 levels of a Sorcerer. 1st and 2nd level spells are not very interesting and their number is small. So even with powerful spells I'm playing an "interesting" game of deciding - "should I do nothing now, or try to cast couple of spells and do nothing for the rest of the day".

So question is - what interesting things Sorcerer (1-4 lvl) can do in the combat, beside casting spells?
>>
New thread:
>>49091220
>>49091220
>>49091220
>>49091220
>>
>>49091198
Use scrolls, or fire a light crossbow. Maybe a bloodline ability if you got an okay one.

Spells are your big thing though.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.