[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sss/ - Super Stand Somedays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 1472395445471.jpg (357KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472395445471.jpg
357KB, 1200x900px
thats bullshit, but i believe it edition

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.
>>
File: jojo pdf.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
jojo pdf.pdf
1B, 486x500px
HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>Bizarre Adventures D10
>FATE (Hack in this post)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Bizarre Adventures D100
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things

Next post will feature the question of the thread.
>>
Question of the Thread: Who is your favorite brojo?

Now for some misc links:
>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>Bizarre Adventures D10
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
>Bizarre Adventures D100 (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
>List of custom systems for JoJo
https://www.reddit.com/r/TabletopCrusaders/comments/45htgp/documentation_catalogue_thread/
>>
File: 1448542691922.jpg (844KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448542691922.jpg
844KB, 1920x1080px
bump
>>
Last thread we discussed a semi-futuristic setting for JoJo. One where the original timeline remained intact. Here's the summary:

Setting is semi-punkish, with the big name corporation DIO Industries running the show from behind the scenes. DIO Industries came about when the holder of the stand [Fly like an Eagle] travelled through time to corner the stock market years in advance, eventually outgrowing and absorbing the Speedwagon Foundation.

Several drugs have made their way to the streets. Notable is ASH, which slowly mutates its users into Undead.

Stands remain relatively unknown, though corporations and governments like Dio Industries undoubtedly have researched and weaponized stands to some degree. Hamon, on the other hand, is well known, and is learned and taught all over the world, even being incorporated into medicine and technology to some degree. Military and Police offices now make Hamon something of a requirement for service, because of the incredible health and physical benefits Hamon grants.

The current Jojo is something of a street rebel, fighting against the tyranny of DIO Industries. His stand is relatively weak, but combined with his Hamon Skills it more than makes up for it.

Let's flesh this out a bit more.
>>
But why music?
In Stardust Crusaders, Stands are eiter Tarot cards or Egyptian gods
>>
>>49090883
>He didn't look at any other part
>>
>>49090883
You can come up with your own naming scheme, but the prevailing scheme (End of Part 3 - Present Part 8) is music, usually some kind of rock, especially progressive.
Only exception off the top of my head is the LN where Araki used TV shows and movies or something.

It's also fun to use those songs in the introduction of the enemy stand during jojo RPG sessions. You guys ARE talking about Jojo /tg/, right?
>>
This was mentioned in another Jojo thread, but one of the homebrew systems is supposed to be akin to the One Roll Engine; which one is that? I'm interested in checking that out.
>>
>>49091994
Why, I read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. They had no stands, as you can guess
>>
>>49090588
ASH-anon here.

Part of the idea for ASH is also that it induces psychic visions in its users, allowing them to perceive Stands and other supernatural effects, due to the creation of a bridge through the user's blood-brain barrier that simulates, in a temporary level, the effects of the Stone Mask's neural acupuncture. Under certain, rare circumstances, this bridge becomes permanent, granting its user persistent extrasensory perception and in many cases a Stand. As a result, where Hamon is frequently used by law enforcement, the use of Stands has begun to pervade the criminal underworld.

As stated, the current Jojo is someone who can straddle these two worlds-- a Stand user who also learns to master Hamon. Likely at the start he's largely reliant on the power of his Stand, but as the story progresses he acquires a mastery of Hamon and, ultimately, unites the two forces in a new style of fighting.

I posted an idea for the protag in the last thread but I'm not too solid on it, so I'd love to workshop a proper Jojo.
>>
>>49094703
That's pretty cool, I'm planning on GMing a Jojo campaign, and the main antagonist is going to be a mixed hamon/stand user, who actually gained their stand through hamon use like Joseph was kinda implied to iirc. Saw the patterns inherent in using the ripple (blood flow, breathing), developed a stand that mainly uses patterns.

The stand has a few sub abilities, the main one being the ability to force a daily routine on people, being used to create a world with slave workers working for superior stand users, although people under the effect get irrationally angry at things that break this routine, meaning they don't particularly like stand users most of the time because they tend to be anomalous.

The second is the ability to see patterns in things. The two ways he uses this in fighting is A) predicting and blocking attacks based on knowing the pattern you attack in and B) breaking out of any patterns (other than the necessary ripple breathing) he attacks in so that he cannot be easily predicted.

Finally, and this is where it deviates from the 'patterns' thing mostly because in true Araki fashion this is something I only bullshitted up much later, people the stand comes in contact with (including via punches) lose the ability to recognise people, making it near impossible to distinguish friend from foe.
I'm also bullshitting that hamon can be used to interact directly with stands, so he also uses ripple to fight the stand-only protags face to face.
>>
>>49094703
How about this for the Jojo's Stand:

>「Public Enemy」
Power [C] / Speed [A] / Range [B] / Durability [C] / Precision [B] / Potential [A]

>Appearance
「Public Enemy」appears as a slender humanoid figure the same height as [Jojo]. Its body has a red brick motif, as if armored by the very make-up of the city [Jojo] calls home. The armor itself appears heavily graffiti'd, whose patterns change seemingly on the whim and attitude of the Stand and its user. 「Public Enemy」's body is visible beneath the armor as a glossy black substance, like oil or liquid tar. The stand's most prominent feature is its four arms, which are jointed at its shoulders. Its head has a human face, but with large glossy black wasp-like eyes. Flexible cables extend from the back of the Stand's head like dreadlocks. Its back is studded with canisters that resemble batteries. Finally it has a long, prehensile ending what appears to be a grounded, three-pronged plug.
>>
>>49096475
>Ability: Power to the People
「Public Enemy」's chief ability is that of absorbing the "essence" of the world around it and distributing it to anything it is connected to. When applied to non-living things, it allows the Stand to absorb stored power, mainly electricity. These connections are made possible by the cables that extend from its head and fingers, which can take the form of any kind of plug or input device-- from a lightbulb base to an HDMI cable. While electricity is the most easily absorbed, it can also do the same for other kinds of energy, such as absorbing the kinetic energy of a bullet or basking in solar energy, though its ability to absorb energy differs based on its purity (as such solar energy, which is significantly dissipated by the atmosphere, is a poor power source). 「Public Enemy」seems to express certain preferences to different energy sources; [Jojo] says that electricity from small, battery powered electronics is like junk food compared to power drawn directly from a power grid.

Collected energy can be used to directly enhance 「Public Enemy」's physical strength and durability, but its more significant use is in channeling its energy into other sources by connecting another one of its cables to that source. In this manner it can create a circuit to power dead machinery or inflict severe electrical damage.

When this power is applied to living things, it has a decided different effect. In addition to draining or conducting a living thing's physical lifeforce, 「Public Enemy」can channel their psychic force as well; to do this, the Stand usually uses cables ending in needles or suction cups. [Jojo] can use this ability to detect hidden thoughts or emotions and to separate impure psychic power from normal life energy-- a useful ability when dealing with ASH-addicts whose spirits have been blackened by the drugs effects.
>>
>>49096578
As [Jojo] learns how to use Hamon, he discovers a new use for 「Public Enemy」: by plugging the Stand's extendable pronged tail into his own body, he can channel the power of the ripple into his Stand. This allows them to fight using Hamon in tandem, and creates heretofore unknown methods of using and delivering the power of the art.
>>
>>49088267
Re-worked JoJo's 1d6 Adventure, and looking for feedback.

How many Points should Character/Stand Creation cost? If anyone else can direct me towards a guide, or suggest something, that'd be great.
>>
>>49094703
I'm thinking we go something along the lines of a Joseph Joestar Character. JoJos that fight Dirty are the best.
>>
>>49097383
Absolutely. The idea for the Stand I posted above (Public Enemy) is that of a sapper and sabateur who breaks down machinery and also can gang up alongside Jojo to outnumber his enemies.

I may have made it too complicated though. The other idea I had, which is much more rooted to the dirty-fighting Joseph mold is a Stand based around setting traps that the Jojo can lure/force his enemies into. You could do a lot with that, if it could be properly phrased.
>>
>>49096630
I like it, but it sounds very similar to Chili Pepper to some degree.
>>
>>49097483
I've got it. [Rope], based on the same song by Foo Fighters. It's very similar to Hermit Purple or Hierophant Green in its ability to stretch and contort itself. It's a humanoid with Black armor pieces, but the muscle and sinew has the appearance of coiled rope.

He can channel Hamon and create traps through it as Joseph did.

Not to mention the chorus: "Choke on a kiss, I'd thought I'd save my Breath for you" works way too well as a Hamon/Stand ability
>>
>>49097641

Power [C] / Speed [B] / Range [A] / Durability [C] / Precision [A] / Potential [A]

It's something like a more drastically offensive version of Stone Free, and it's the stand, not Jojo, that Unravels. Of course, I'd want it to have a lot more to it than being a clone. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>49097878

Limited ablity to unwind all over the place (rope is much denser than string after all) but to compsentate, it can tighten its coils at the expense of its dexterity and agility for super strong armor and mega, one-shot punches (a la King Crimson).
>>
>>49098435
>>49097878
I'm thinking something like a little half-man, half-spider Stand that can create high-tensile silk threads which can conduct Hamon and set-up traps, and can hide itself in basically any enclosed space to create ambushes.
>>
>>49098562
I like it. Though I'm thinking it's a spider made of Winches, Pulleys, Bear Traps, and Rope. It's a stand that's made of mechanical traps. It's signature rapid punch is jabbing it's legs. Not sure what sound it'd make though.
>>
>>49098621
Or we do the same, except make it some kind of Rope Drider.

One of its abilities is to shrink itself to any size with little effort, conveying it's sight and sounds back to JoJo. While in this state it's drastically weaker, but it's range is insanely high.
>>
>>49098697
What about if it has two ACTS then:

In its first ACT, which is its natural state, the Stand is slender humanoid about waist high to Jojo, with four arms seemingly made out of urban scrap. Its primary power is creating a seemingly unlimited supply of silk ropes and it has a significant operating distance. Its secondary ability in this state is the ability to compress itself into a much smaller state, where it can lay in wait for an enemy.

Its second act is triggered when Jojo dumps Hamon into its threads at close range. In this state, its normal body becomes encased in a thick coating of silk mingled with more scrap, and takes on a much bigger, stronger form more in line with the rest of the Joestar family; in this ACT, damage done to its additional components doesn't affect its user; only damage done to its first ACT parts, which forms the core of the second ACT, will transmit pain and injury. If Jojo cuts off his Hamon feed, the 2nd ACT will shatter and the 1st ACT regains its range and compression abilities.
>>
>>49098961
I like it. But now we need to flesh out the world a bit more. Who's our Zeppeli, and what does he do?
>>
>>49099453
He's a member of the Detroit police force who at first pursues our Jojo through the criminal underground, then eventually makes him his protege and teaches him the art of Hamon as both of them turn against the real enemy: DIO Industries.
>>
>>49099563
Sweet.

PS, if we flesh this out enough, I'll totally run a Quest. That is, if anyone is interested.
>>
>>49099587
I'd go for it.
>>
>>49099587
I would like to test out my 1d6 system that I posted above though. I'm designing it with Quests in mind.
>>
>>49099563
How does he use his Hamon? We could do something like Caesar did with the bubbles.

I kind of like the idea that he's got some Hamon conductive Knuckledusters , and somehow fires his Hamon like a Shock-wave using those.

I'm more interested in seeing who the sidekick is, and the Comic Relief.
>>
How would you go about statting a big animal like a bear. But the animal is wearing its stand like a suit.
>>
>>49100388
Well he's a cop in America so you can go the obvious route and have him somehow fire ripple bullets
>>
>>49101569
The dusters have slots in them where he inserts high-caliber bullets. By channeling Ripple he's able to launch the bullets and fire Ripple infused slugs at his opponents. He doesn't use a gun because he's got more control over the bullets this way. In fact, he's able to make them curve. Not as much as Emperor, but enough that he curves a bullet around a hostage to hit some scumbag.
>>
>>49100388
How about a chimpanzee who acquire human intelligence from DIO's animal experimentation with the effects of ASH? He's very articulate but only communicates through sign language and writing.
>>
File: Detective_Chimp_Injustice_Y3 (2).jpg (539KB, 1221x628px) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Chimp_Injustice_Y3 (2).jpg
539KB, 1221x628px
>>49102521
I like it. He's like a mute Detective Chimp. Or maybe he's got a stand that talks for him. I also like the idea of a Polnareff character who treats him like a Sidekick. In actuality the Monkey keeps him as a sidekick/pet, and he's totally incompetent. Or is that too cliche?
>>
>>49090883
also its not just stands that have music related names, in parts 1+2 people had the music names, such as lisa lisa, speedwagon, dire+straizo, the entire zeppeli lineage, and DIO being the most obvious one

>>49097348
for point creation, i was gonna say make it to the point where people can have 1 A, 2 B, 2 C, and a D, then that way they dont have almost all A's like star platinum, but not weak enough to be hermit purple hermit purple is my favorite part 3 stand, no hate
>>
>>49102915
Ok, so assuming all stands start at E Rank, , and each rank costs a point, the starting Point pool is 16, plus 3 points to be spent on abilities. Though actually I'm bumping up abilities to 5, which makes for a more interesting choice.

Player Characters have base C-Rank stats by default, however they share their Health with their Stand. Points can be spent on Player Characters rather than Stands, though they cost 2 points instead of 1, which makes for an interesting choice. Player stats cannot exceed B-Rank, unless they are a Hamon User, or Undead, which allows them to achieve A-rank feats.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>49102495
How about our cop is a Readhead, and he's got some Italian name or other, but people just call him Red. Red Zeppeli.
>>
>>49103379
He can be named Alfredo Zeppeli. He went by Freddo as a child but then soon shortened it to simply Red.
>>
>>49103336
Make A-rank cost 3 points, otherwise you can spend two points on Hamon, spend ten to max out all your stats, and then spend 4 points left over on a single A-rank in your stand... (which is probably what Joseph did, because he was still kicking it with everyone in Part 3)
>>
Stand Name: The Regulator

Stand Ability: [Variable Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Variable_Manipulation)

Power - E

Speed - D

Range - E

Durability - A

Precision - B

Potential - B

Description: The ability to manipulate variables. Sub-power of Virtual Warping and Meta Probability Manipulation. Users can manipulate all the variables defining the current state of reality, freely increasing/reducing/freezing/replicating them. They notably possess the supernatural ability to perceive and evaluate any variable, even those seemingly unquantifiable. As one might expect, this ability mixes extremely well with virtually all others, as it can amplify all their variables to infinite levels.

Well that works
>>
>>49103336
i like that, i would say to allow some form of progression, not like a level, but allow them to allocate points later in the campaign

and you could roleplay it off as "your character realized your stand can do X" similar to how jotaro didnt intially know his stand could breathe hard, finger thing or stop time

heres a question though, what if their stand idea doesnt have a stat? like it has no precision because its a bomb or something. or in other words, what if someone wants to have something less then a C-Rank, would they get the point back?

would there be a "feat" system in place? i dont want to use the term feat, cause fuck pathfinder, in other words, how are you interpreting developmental potential?
>>
>>49103875
Yes. The system is based on the High Quality RPG, so you're going to be spending points on Abilities. You start with 5 points of abilities, plus whatever you

As for lowering stats, C-Rank refers Exclusively to Player Characters, not their stands. Stands start at E-rank by default, so they're at the bare minimum by default. If I did allow Lowering of Playe Stats to Raise their Stands that would Break the System rather quickly.

Development potential is in the Pdf. You spend a rank to gain a single ability, up to two points worth. You can spend two ranks and re-spec your Stand entirely, though their potential must remain at the lowered rank, and create Act 2 of your Stand.

And yes, I am letting Players spend Exp to gain points to spend on Abilities. I'm specifically keeping Abilities outside Stand Limits so they can be added for this exact reason.
>>
>>49104298
>JoJo with EXP
Doesn't really fit, does it? Stands only really get new abilities when the user is in mortal danger or their desire to do something is insane.
>>
>>49104344
Yeah, that's mostly what Stand Potential does, but I'm not sure how else to do reliable bookkeeping, other than I say "Every 2-3 sessions a Stand or Player should get a new ability or innovation."

Then again, it's not a Level system so much as it is Accumulating a pool of EXP that Can be spent on Points for new abilities.
>>
>>49103632
Will do good sir. Thank you for that.
>>
>>49103594
This works... rather well in fact. Alfredo "Red" Zeppeli it is. So, we've got the main bad guy, we've got a Zeppeli, and we've got the basics for a Stand for Jojo, and something of Jojo himself. What else needs to be done?
>>
>>49104298
>As for lowering stats, C-Rank refers Exclusively to Player Characters, not their stands. Stands start at E-rank by default, so they're at the bare minimum by default. If I did allow Lowering of Playe Stats to Raise their Stands that would Break the System rather quickly
i didnt know it was exclusively for player characters, but in that case would a player character be able to lower below a C to bump another one of their personal stats up?

for everything else that makes sense.

>>49104344
to be fair though, everybody in jojo has "experience" technically, not experience as in "experience points" but they are put into a certain scenario that allow them to show they have more abilities besides just one. like with kakyoin and his bound field, polanareff and his "shooting sword" technique, and hell even okuyasu with using the hand to teleport forward, rather then bring someone to him they always had the ability to, they just never showed it off or used it as a last resort.
>>
>>49105307
Which is likely how I'm going to downplay gaining new abilities. In fact, I might put a clause that you can only spend Exp to gain new abilities in the midst of battle or a similar dangerous situation. Or perhaps EXP can only be spent to replenish the Potential stat.
>>
>>49104761
Can we have the Best Friend spot(Kakyoin, Speedwagon, Koichi) be held by a Prostitute? Headstrong, Sassy, Foul-mouthed, and quite pretty, but we make it pretty clear that she's never going to get with JoJo? I've always considered it an achievement when /tg/ manages to insert a prostitute into a story, make them likable characters, and avoid getting Realmy altogether.
>>
>>49104761
What's the Technology like in this Era? Have we explored the use of Hamon in Tech at all yet?
>>
File: 1449966667970.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449966667970.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>49088267
>I Go To Pieces by Peter and Gordon
>Body Part Erosion
It's perfection.
>>
>>49104761
We need an actual name for the Jojo. We're running out of English names that start with Jo-, since the Fan Part in the OP makes extensive use of Joshua (which shouldn't count anyway since it's a different vowel sound).
>>
>>49106835
How about Josten?
>>
>>49106168
What if we got weird with Hamon users and Drug use? Someone in the Sunday thread suggested we make this thing something like Pharma-punk. What if we had some crazy Hamon users in the streets that focus on using drugs to modify their physiobiology, then use Hamon to keep those effects in stasis and prevent the inherent consequences. You could have some guy who takes drugs that inflicts osteoporosis on himself, but uses Hamon to fortify the bones and metabolize him, until his bones act like rubber. He's the perfect Contortionist, which he uses to great effect(also it's fucking creepy.)
>>
File: 1472601647529.jpg (81KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
1472601647529.jpg
81KB, 1200x839px
for stats for characters, how would /tg/ go about doing that? and what would you call each stat, you could do the generic "strength, dexterity, constitution..." but this is jojo! its gotta be fabulous, i found this character sheet in the archive, excluding everything else except for the stats in the upper right, does that look about right?

only thing that confuses me is how you would use "menacing" for the most part i get the others, except for maybe poise
>>
>>49107509
We don't use standard stats. We use the Stand ranks, then treat all human players as having Average abilities, unless otherwise specified.

See here for details: http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
>>
>>49107584
i understand that stands have their own stats, but i'm just curious what the actual characters have, cause the user can have a high strength when the stand doesnt, like joseph joestar is ripped and can handle hordes of enemies by himself as seen in part 2, but his stand hermit purple has a destructive power of D, which doesnt really make sense.

>unless otherwise specified
thats what im asking about, to see if anyone uses 2 stats one for stands, one for the user
>>
>>49106835
Jordan?
>>
>>49106835
I say George. It's a little Giorno, but not too bad.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.