[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would your PC participate in a Purge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 36

File: 8695549113_b451860541_o.jpg (2MB, 1579x2500px) Image search: [Google]
8695549113_b451860541_o.jpg
2MB, 1579x2500px
Would your PC participate in a Purge?
>>
>[x] would you like to know more
>>
No, she's a doctor. she's going to be incredibly busy the next morning, no way she could afford to stay up late.
>>
Yes, he doesn't like killing innocent people but has horrible bloodlust that he has issues controlling when complacent.
>>
File: Thevinn.jpg (223KB, 1000x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Thevinn.jpg
223KB, 1000x1232px
>Edgelord, the movie
>mfw people talk about it
>>
>>49077763
A Continent-wide ritual of Violence ,Anarchy and death? Time to Investigate.
>>
>>49077763
My character would probably forget that its purge day and not find out until she is halfway to the tavern.
>>
File: 1433077932474.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1433077932474.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>49077996
>there are 3 fucking Movies.

>3!

>people are watching this garbage.
>>
File: 33d.jpg (32KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
33d.jpg
32KB, 500x238px
>>49077996
>>49078089
People like terrible things. Why else would we all still be here?
>>
He takes the opportunity to kill every braindead lobbyist and politician who would ever support such a retarded fucking holiday.
>>
File: 1416882514831.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1416882514831.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>implying they'd make it past the traps and highly paid security team protecting those rich fucks
>>
>>49077996
>>49078089

Its a horror movie where the horrific aspect isn't the gore or the death, but the disturbingly believable shit that comes out of these people's mouths. The idea that the only thing that keeps these people from saying and doing this shit is fear of punishment, and nothing else. And how incredibly self righteous these people can become about murdering people once they can say its their god given american freedom to do so.

Its a warning about the use of false patriotism to hide real hatred and how that festers.

The first movie is pretty shit because it wastes an interesting premise on a generic home invasion movie, but the other two are pretty good.
>>
>>49078140

Sorry anon, Government officials of class 5 or above are exempt from the Purge by law.

Certain weapons, such as explosives, are also banned under Purge rules.
>>
>>49078216
Okay fine then what's the in universe justification for acting like destructive dipshits every year?
>>
>>49077763
Nah.

Well, except in self-defense. Gotta defend the weak and innocent where possible.
>>
>>49078241
Letting all the crooks kill each other, thus saving money on law enforcement.
>>
>>49078267
Then I kill the writer and frame some random fag criminal. Then I find some other game.
>>
>>49078196
>Its a warning about the use of false patriotism to hide real hatred and how that festers.

Wrong, it's literally fan-wank. If a GM said once a year the laws are stopped and you can go out and rape and kill all you want for 24 hours you would immediately call him That GM or That Guy.

It is nothing more than captalizing on the whole prepper movement that was popular when the first one game out. It is garbage, it is retarded concept, it is not horror it is edgy pre-teen violence.

The Third one is clear;y an unsubtle anti-trump piece with the name Keep America Great, it is so transparent and weak, it's boring and is pandering.
>>
>>49078196
>but the other two are pretty good.
No, they're not.
I enjoyed them, but don't pretend that they're good.
>>
>>49078241
It prevents crime by letting people get it out of their system.

No, really.
>>
File: 1406735424696.png (122KB, 291x281px) Image search: [Google]
1406735424696.png
122KB, 291x281px
>>49078216
>Exempt from the Purge by law
>Exempt
>From the Purge
>By Law

As if the concept wasn't stupid enough.
>>
>>49078196
>Being this wrong
the first one was the only one vaguely resembling a horror movie, and was the best use of the premise.
The second 2 were just action movies with jump scares. The also both abandon what makes the premise interesting, and instead turn into overly heavyhanded stories about poor PoCs being hunted by the evil white neoconservative christian fundamentalist government, which would be less retarded if it had came out right after Katrina or something, not 10 years later.
>>
>>49077763
Depends, thus this take place in Hero for Hire (DMs setting where you can literally buy and sell super powers, albeit you can only use one at a time because reasons.)

If yes? Probably not because it would be canceled in a day by the same corps that supply super powers to the public. It's not a good decision to have a holiday focused on this sort of thing in a capeshit setting. You're just asking for massive property damages.

If no? The campaign becomes Batman vs The Purge.
>>
I use the opportunity to pull a bunch of massive illegal business actions, such as assassinating a rival board of directors, shipping hot items in mass, sabotage...

Hey this actually sounds like a neat concept. I was just thinking of the narrow-minded individual slaughter aspect but a purge would have a lot of corporate implications. Which Purge movie should I see?
>>
>all crime is legal
My character would have a little time to conduct his shady business dealings and launder a bunch of money into his account. No need for bloodshed. Control comes from cash
>>
>>49078241

In universe, there were a number of high profile incidents of crimes committed by homeless people. Usually the mentally ill, but we are talking 'girl was kidnapped and raped and killed, and the news cycle got 2 weeks worth of airtime out of it and everyone knows her name' sort of stuff.

Feeding the fires of fear of a rise in violent crime and overall fear of this parasitic homeless threat, a political party called the New Founding Fathers rises to power and tests something known as The Purge. For a 12 hour period, all proper american citizens are encouraged to vent their violent urges and the stress of their lives on the non-people that are the homeless. This is sold to them as not only removing these violent criminal bottom feeders, but also reducing violent crime in the months to follow as people work out their basic human nature instead of keeping it bottled up.

And the sick part of it is, it works. A staggering number of the poor and homeless get killed off in the first Purge, which allows the New Founding Fathers to redirect money from social program to support the homeless into the economy, providing them an easy to point to economic bump. It creates a set of statistical data that shows that the Purge is a definable boon to the American nation, and they institute it as a yearly event after overwhelming support from the voters.

So in the first couple years its mostly about killing off those scary poor people, but as it becomes more culturally ingrained it shifts over to taking out revenge on your fellow man and reveling in the american bloodsport as well. Violent crime drops between each purge, because people are incentivized to simply wait for the next purge and spend the year planning their revenge. Why kill them now and risk prison when you can kill them later and get applause?

Its an unsustainable system, though, as the government sees diminishing returns after the first couple years and the economic benefits of the purge start to dwindle.
>>
yes and he would win
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>49078331
This, also what people don't want to think about is that in this day the majority of Amierca would target blacks. If the year has shown us that they will riot at the drop of a hat, Whites would wipe them out.
>>
>>49078451
>Implying homeless cost the US more than blacks or illegal immigrants
>>
File: 1383788035450.png (83KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1383788035450.png
83KB, 625x626px
>>49078493
Posting this now so the thread won't devolve into a 300+ post long argument about race wars.
>>
>>49078331

There are actually a bunch of laws considering what you can and can't do during the purge. The idea that absolutely nothing is illegal during the purge is false, though the laws are certainly relaxed a lot.
>>
>>49077763
It wouldn't work. At all.
Besides the fact that no emergency services means that any fire, explosion or other incident that happens within that time won't be responded to, the presumption that no nation on Earth wouldn't be willing to abuse even a twelve-hour window to take advantage of the United States is downright laughable. Oh, and the property damage, the sudden jump in labor shortage, the immigration away from the country to somewhere that isn't batshit insane, and the revolution that would immediately form to blow the heads off of the government that put that idiotic law into place, law be damned.
If it wasn't laughed out of the government and anyone actually participated, the fallout would be so damned tremendous it would take a minimum of years for the United States to recover, and nobody would ever trust the government or their fellow citizens again. Say one in ten people dies during the Purge. Now you'd realize that, hey, David didn't show up for work today because he didn't bunker down. I knew that guy! Pretty much any nation in the world would have the right to declare the US violated human rights on a catastrophic scale and threaten war. You'd bet nations that are rival to the US would jump on that bandwagon.
It's fear-mongering in a nation where we already don't trust the next citizen, and it's disgusting. There are so many better ways that even the most fascist governments would solve the issue (getting the police to head out there and simply teake in any homeless guy before killing them in secret?) that besides everything else, the Purge is just laughable.
>>
>>49077996
>>49078089

Eh, I thought it had good potential as a piece of social science fiction.

But I've only seen the first movie

Which sucked fucking greasy herpy cock.
>>
>>49078542

A major plot point of the second movie is government sanctioned kill teams going into housing developments and killing entire buildings of poor people under the cover of the purge, specifically because the homeless windfall isn't big enough after the first couple years.
>>
File: 1471487258818.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1471487258818.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
>>49078547
Ha.

>>49078554
So you create a lawless society then impose laws on what this lawless society can and can't do?
>>
File: 1455082045290.jpg (101KB, 600x600px)
1455082045290.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>All these people murdering hobos and not robbing banks or burning down buildings that holds financial data a la Fight Club
>>
>>49078560
>revolution that would immediately form to blow the heads off of the government that put that idiotic law into place, law be damned

A recurring theme of the Purge movies is that the majority of americans are fully onboard with the purge and see it as a good thing. It takes something like 15 years for there be to a legitimate political opponent that can theoretically unseat a Founding Fathers president in an open election.

In the Purge's America, the only people who want to revolt against the purge are the people that are conveniently getting pruned down by the purge every year.
>>
>>49078626
That's the thing. Banks and other big businesses are smart enough to deport or lock down their assets before the Purge starts. The only people that *would* be available for looting are small businesses and homes.
>>
File: 1468973878964.jpg (63KB, 323x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468973878964.jpg
63KB, 323x320px
>>49078595
The very fact that the people are homeless makes no sense, homeless are dealt almost entirely by chairites, private charities, the Government spent next to nothing on the homeless when compared with other problem groups.
>>
Something I never got about the Purge is what's stopping everything going into absolute anarchy? I mean, once the time limit's up, what's stopping everyone from just going "fuck that" and carry on purging?
>>
>>49077763
Sort of, if by "participate" you mean "orchestrate the overthrow/fall of the government that allows the Purge."
>>
>>49078664
But that is utterly nonsensical.

The only even remotely valid purpose of the purge would be if every single participant was recorded so they can be executed after. Anybody who only avoids murder, rape and looting because of the consequentness does not deserve to live, let alone live in society.

>>49078679
Never mind that most big towns and cities will be on fire and hundreds of thousands of shops will have been looted.
>>
My monk would be the idiot trying to stop people purging via the medium of fist
>>
>>49078602
> So you create a lawless society then impose laws on what this lawless society can and can't do?

You're missing the point. Its never actually lawless in the first place. That's just a common misconception.

Its one of the things that makes exploiting the purge for business difficult. There are certain transactions you can make during the purge that you can't get nailed for after, but anything that your are doing that is still illegal after the purge ends is just as much a problem for you.
So, for example, if you buy and sell information for insider trading during the purge? That's fine. But if you actually USE that info for insider trading when the market opens up the next day, THATS not covered by the purge. That shits still illegal.

>All these people murdering hobos and not robbing banks

In the second movie, one of the safer places for the protagonists to hide out is the banking district, because all of the vaults are emptied and flown to secure locations prior to the purge and everyone knows it. There are big signs posted up to remind people that the banks don't have anything in them.
>>
>>49078679

It's the law.
>>
>>49078664
I thought the second movie was all about how nobody is actually on board with it and just stays in their home doing nothing, so the government sends out kill squads to fulfill the quotas and make the propaganda work?
>>
>>49078493
Sadly I agree.
>>
>>49078762

Lots of people stay inside where it is safe, but there are still plenty of purgers out there. They just are not killing enough poor people to generate the financial bump that the government wants to put on a line graph and prove how much better America is under them.
>>
>>49078749
>That's just a common misconception.

Gee, I wonder how we could have arrived at that misconception, when every trailer for every movie has had the nice voice-over woman explicitly stating "all crimes, including murder, are now legal."
>>
>>49078752
And people think that matters when your balls deep in your neighbors wifes ass with 2 minutes to go? They think people will wait quietly and happily till next purge for revenge?
>>
>>49078669
If I plant a bomb on the purge and detonate it after the purge, is that a crime?
>>
>>49078813
Yes. Explosives are banned during the Purge.
>>
>>49078752
>People are suddenly afraid of prosecution after an arbitrary time limit

That makes no sense.
>>
>>49078827
Its stupid to act like that matters.

There would be no police around and so many bombs going off that forensics departments would be overwhelmed for weeks if not months just collecting evidence.
>>
>>49077763
Depends:

7th Sea Eisen Monster Hunter: Would spend time post-Purge talking to the recently murdered, working out who the most indiscriminate/sadistic killers were, then hunting them down next year.

Base Raiders: Get shitfaced and shoot anyone who looks at him sideways in the kneecaps, then rob a bank.

I have difficulty creating genuinely good characters.
>>
File: 1472145033672.jpg (34KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1472145033672.jpg
34KB, 590x350px
>>49078763
>First purge
>Minorities are targetted exclusively, illegal or not
>America enters the future stronger and better
>Every year more minotirites try to come
>Every year they are killed en mass
>America gets stronger and stronger
>Rename movie Minority Report
>>
>>49078843
>>49078811

It's the law. What is so hard to understand?
>>
File: my old character.png (68KB, 400x500px)
my old character.png
68KB, 400x500px
>>49077763
My previous character was a member of a secret society of elites who kidnapped and then hunted the poor for sport. I think she'd be on board, except that she died.

My current character is a government agent/experiment with almost no emotions or desires. I don't think she'd be down for it, but it's not like it would bother her either.
>>
>>49078843

A bunch of sirens go off to announce when the purge begins and ends. If you pull that trigger after the 'ending' sirens start, you broke the law. Its a grey area enough that you have to have fucked up pretty bad for that to be enforced against you, given how easy it is to say you did it 10 seconds earlier, but once the Purge is over the government comes down pretty hard on anyone who doesn't go back to normal.
>>
>>49078588
The other two are actually worth it because they explore the bigger picture.
>>
>>49078843
...because that's when the military/police gain their power back and take to the streets?

Think of when Mardi Gras is over, except more guns
>>
>>49078875
>the only reason people aren't killing and raping all the time is because they don't want to break the law
nigger you what
>>
>>49078863

Running around with explosives during the purge won't get you caught by police, but its likely to get you gunned down by the national guard.

The army goes into a heightened state of alert prior to the purge to protect government assets from stupid purgers, as well as to be ready to resist any foreign threat that tries to take advantage of purge night.
>>
>>49077763
I like the concept of the Purge, but I hate that the people behind it are neo-Christcuck kike puppets rather than actual patriotic nationalists.
>>
ITT people who don't understand the movie or it's implications act tarded.
>>
File: Kuroko.png (494KB, 711x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Kuroko.png
494KB, 711x1077px
>>49077763
So, a night of killing everything that looks at me the wrong way? What is it, a day ending in 'y'?
>>
>>49078079
That would actually be a pretty funny twist on the old "you all meet in a tavern" campaign opener.
>>
>>49078895
REally?

Because I was soooooo disappointed in the first one: taking a neat idea to explore and making it little more than a shitty Home Invasion movie.
>>
>>49078972
Explain it then. Why dont people pursue revenge after the time limit?
>>
>>49078936
>government assets

Define 'government asset', there is far too much of that to even try protecting it all.

What about critical infrastructure that is not directly government owned? The premise is inherently retarded and unjustifiable, stop trying to defend it.
>>
>>49078908

Protip: You are supposed to be disgusted with these people. You are supposed to revile them and their actions, not empathize with them.

There is legitimately a scene in the second movie featuring a woman with a megaphone and a hunting rifle standing on top of an overpass, preaching into the void about how this is HER night that was PROMISED to her by the NFF, and that makes it her god given american freedom to murder any poor sonuvabitch she damn pleases, god bless america the greatest country in the whole fucking world.

Your reaction is supposed to be "Holy shit, how did it come to this?"
>>
>>49078827
Who is enforcing these bans, and how?
>>49078875
Screeching about how it's the law doesn't serve any kind of argument. Why do people care about the law at 12:01 when they have committed mass murder, rape, looting, and other high profile crimes before then?
>>49078894
Again, what's stopping people from just ignoring the siren and carrying on with a perpetual purge?
>>
>>49078994
They probably do. And they are persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Which is probably bullets.
>>
>>49078995
I suspect that the terrorists who would target critical infrastructure will instead find themselves targeted by the government on Purge night.

If you're on any kind of watchlist today, you're getting upgraded to "hitlist" on Purge night.
>>
>>49078994
>Why dont people pursue revenge after the time limit

I should think that they do. But they get put in jail. Anything before that is completely legal
>>
>>49079011
>"Holy shit, how did it come to this?"
Because this is a retarded movie with a retarded premise, so of course retarded characters act like retards?
>>
>>49079018
>Again, what's stopping people from just ignoring the siren and carrying on with a perpetual purge?

The police and the army. You know, the forces of the law that normally react tot hat shit.

Purgers also have a habit of killing other purgers too, so its not like they are a unified force. You are looking at a handful of disconnected small groups of people who refuse to chill out, and the government has all year to prepare for that exact eventuality.

Anyone who tries to keep the party going won't last long.
>>
>>49079018
>Again, what's stopping people from just ignoring the siren and carrying on with a perpetual purge?

Mostly a militarized police state, and being vastly outnumbered by the US Army/National Guard, who are all much better trained than a mob with guns.

And I think a US government that doesn't have a problem with the Purge would also give zero fucks about rolling over a neighborhood with tanks. And you don't exactly have anti-armor weaponry.
>>
>>49079037
>>49079023
Cause that really deters people in non purge land already right? People whos family just got raped tortured and killed probably would not care. Look at that crime rate rise. Not to mention collateral damage.
>>
>>49079037
Cont'd

I mean, one of the points of the movie is that people don't do things because of repercussions. I'm talking about normal people, not, you know, the mal-adjusted. When the Purge happens, it's both purging people in society, and Purging yourself of pent up rage and frustration.
>>
File: 1470014776116.jpg (115KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470014776116.jpg
115KB, 900x600px
Daily reminder that this is happening right now.

>Thug bull rushes cop
>Reaches for gun
>Nearly gets it
>Cop gets gun
>Thug still tries to get gun
>Cop shoots thug
>Town riots, loots, steals, violence
>Murders sky rocket over 50% from 20 year downward
>Happening in every city in the US with a major black population
>True events come out
>Don't care, still loot, fight, kill and steal because hands up; don't shoot
>Over 99% of those participating are unknown to local police
>Cities become even poorer, loose capital and cost the nation even more

White flight is the educated reaction to what is happening in these cities.
>>
>>49079079
Bingo
>>
>>49079087
What part of that military is open to the purge? I imagine if anyone in the militaries or polices family got purged a lot of "accidents" are gonna slip through.
>>
>>49079079
I don't have to tell you that the citizens outnumber the police and the military (who cannot be everywhere in the U.S at once.) As soon as they step in to end their good time, mob mentality would kick in and the purgers would overthrow the authority.
>>
>>49077763
Technically, my character is basically Mike Hagger with a sword. So no. However they would certainly be BEATING UP ALL THE CRIMINAL SCUM ON THE STREETS FOR DOING IT.
>>
>>49078991
The "bigger picture" is literally that goverment hires skinhead mercanaries to kill minorities. Its subtle as a sledgehammer
>>
>>49079120
>mob mentality would kick in and the purgers would overthrow the authority.
>the authority, which has superior firearms and armor, not to mention tanks and jets
>>
>>49079120
>that the citizens outnumber the police and the military

Considering how this is the future, and they have "The New Founding Fathers" and all that shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they had citizen militia as well ("Minutemen"?) who would probably bolster the police and military.

Also a lack of explosives makes it very difficult to deal with tanks/armoured transport.
>>
>>49079018
Because it is the law. (Hold on, hear me out and don't roll your eyes). People who participate in the purge do so with express permission from the government and the rest of society. Everybody is telling them that it is okay to murder, steal, and rape for this one night and that doing so is not only ethical, but healthy and patriotic. Killing somebody during the purge is different than killing somebody any other time, just like a prison officer executing a death row inmate is different than an officer gunning down a civilian for no reason. The difference seem arbitrary, but to the people who live in this universe its a massive difference to kill somebody at 12:00 and to kill somebody at 12:01. And yes, it would likely be hard to prove that you killed your neighbor five minutes after the purge finished, but most people who participate in the purge would probably consider themselves "good" people (or at least not "bad" people) and thus would feel obligated to arbitrarily follow the rules that have been laid out for no other reason than "thems the rules", much like they do when driving, shopping, and generally behaving in public.
>>
>>49079120
The public would not stand a chance against the military in a modern nation state, let alone the US.
>>
>>49079145
That makes me really fucking sad.
>>
File: 1469669370437.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469669370437.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
>>49079120
Right, like all riots ever have ended. I'm totally sure that a nation full of people who need a federally-sanctioned holiday to not feel guilty about committing crimes would whole-heartedly commit to a full-fledged civil war.
>>
>>49078671
The movies are written by bleeding heart morons and targeted at 15 year olds
>>
>>49079145
It was a bit over the top in the 3rd film I think, but I really like that skinhead mercenary leader guy, he seemed pretty cool.
>>
>>49079120

Most of the population doesn't actively participate in the purge in the first place. They just support its effects.

>>49079118

I know that active military personnel are put on duty during the purge during the high alert status, and there are all sorts of 'family gathering' assemblies on military bases for the families of military members. Which gets treated like a lock-in at the rec center, but its really an excuse to get their families somewhere safe for pretty much that exact reason.

Kind of like how you will have important political figures attend an overnight mass that happens to have a ring of security around it that makes it look like Fort Knox.
>>
>>49079196
>It was a bit over the top in the 3rd film I think

It is the 3rd movie of society killing itself because you legally can you tard, you don't get to make the argument of it being over the top.
>>
Well, my last Shadowrun character was a pacifist medical doctor. Somehow I don't think she'd be on for that and Force 8 Guardian Spirits say that anyone who wants to start shit near her clinic are not going to be happy either.
>>
>>49078827
What if someone just took a blowtorch and started cutting down power lines with it?
>>
File: Ongar.jpg (49KB, 290x466px) Image search: [Google]
Ongar.jpg
49KB, 290x466px
>>49077763
May all heretics and evildoers beware my righteous fury!
>>
Currently have 3 PCs.

The Druid who believes in AnCap philosophy would probably conclude that the purge is the natural result of state police refusing to do the job they are paid for, use it as evidence that the police should be privatized due to confirmation bias, and stay retreated in the wilderness far away from the cities.

The fairy warlord would attempt to use it to eliminate political rivals and seize power to FINALLY become the Dark Lord she wants to be, only to fail because she's terrible at "being evil."

And my Hispanic orc from Shadowrun who has no useful skills of his own but who has a crapload of personal contacts(all of which are his extended family) would gather his family together, get weapons, and hole up at abuela's apartment to defend against psychopaths. Abuela was an arms dealer back in the day, so her place is probably the most fortified locale.
>>
>>49079253
Well, not it's about killing browns, blacks, and homeless, which is perfectly reasonable. The only thing unreasonable about that proposition is limiting it to one day out the year.
>>
>>49079263
Bad idea, see power arcs on those cables a good way when you cut them. Your better option is to shoot them with a shotgun.
>>
>>49079108
Daily reminder that this is happening right now.

>kid has an toy gun
>cops are told he has a toy gun
>they still shoot him anyway before trying any other approach
>they then loiter around, not calling an ambulance or trying to provide any medical aid, for the next several minutes
>the child dies for no reason at all
>nobody suffers any consequences
>>
>>49079289
Hopefully it was not a white child.
>>
>>49079263
He'd probably be able to do it, assuming he doesn't get killed by another Purger while he's distracted. Then he'd get the chance to enjoy life without electricity for a while.
>>
>>49079289
23 is not a child.
>>
>>49079289
No, that is a lie. You are leaving out key infomation you fucktard

>Young adult has toy gun
>Removes orange cap to make it look like real gun
>Goes through with friends at night point it at people
>Points it at cops several times
>Continues to pretend it is a real gun
>Cop realistically belives his life is in danger
>Defends himself from gun
>Nobody questions why this suddenly young kid was out in th middle of the night
>Blame cop for doing his job by the book
>Refuse to blame parent (Because he only has one)

If you are going to tell the story, tell the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>49079353
Tamir Rice was twelve you moron.

And he didn't get the chance to even say his gun wasn't real. The cops shot him down the moment they got out of their vehicle - despite being told by the caller that the kid seemed to have a toy gun.
>>
>>49079353
Ok, sorry, but not being from 'Murica, I have to ask, which kid was this? There's been, like quite number of kids killed by cops in the last year and a half in the US
>>
>>49079396
Doesn't really matter, these drones would defend cops if they were gunning down preschoolers.
>>
>>49079391
Pointing something that looks like a gun at a cop gets you shot. They dont know its a toy and their job requires them to treat all threats as serious.
>>
>>49079415
uh...okay. Well, I mean, I'd like to know. Because I don't treat every case as the same.
>>
>>49079391
>tamir rice
Looks like justice was served, then.
>>
>>49079415
Depends on if the preschoolers all had real guns pointing at people that looked real.
>>
>>49078875
>>49079018

But It's the law.
>>
>>49079353
You must be talking about a different instance.

>12 years old
>Broad daylight
>Cops pull up 10 feet from kid
>Get out and shoot the kid immediately
>Loiter around without calling an ambulance
>Handcuff his crying sister
>>
>>49079440
>told it's probably a fake gun by the caller
>still shoot kid
>don't even try to assess the situation, just get out of their car and shoot immediately
>don't even try to get medical aid for the child bleeding out in front of them

There is absolutely no universe where those cops weren't completely in the wrong.
>>
>>49079415
Lel, and it appears you believe the legends of gentle giants and peaceful schoolchildren. Try looking at court records instead of what gets posted on #BLM's Twitter account
>>
>>49079466
Point a gun at a cop you get shot.

The family shut right up after getting paid too.
>>
>>49079391
That is a lie.

Tamir Rice and friends purposefully made it look like a real gun and had been intimdating people in the area, the police were responding to reports of a figure with a gun being waved about. Your version of events does not make sense, police don't respond to kids with toys.

They respond to people with real guns, which is what everybody thought it was, which is what the kids had intended people to think.

>>49079415
Appeal to emotion, if the youth was acting thuggish and trying to intimidate passers by with a real gun (Which is what the police were responding to) the police are well within their right to protect the populace. You forget the key points in why something happened and go straight to the result and condemn the officer, despite all evidence and leadup showing he was entirely justified and in fear for his life.
>>
>>49079473
Well, that's not true. This universe exists, at least.
>>
It's like a mini /pol/ in my /tg/
I hate it
>>
File: 1422341461926.png (72KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1422341461926.png
72KB, 353x439px
Not every thread has to turn into politically charged shitposting. There is a very specific board for that. None of you are going to convince the other of your views and nothing is going to change for being mad about it.
>>
>>49079466
> "The officer got out of the car and told the boy to put his hands up. The boy reached into his waistband, pulled out the gun and [Loehmann] fired two shots.
>"Loehmann shouted from the car three times at Tamir to show his hands as he approached the car."
>The officers later found that the gun was an Airsoft gun, which are air gun replicas of real guns and are designed to shoot non-lethal plastic pellets, which had had its orange safety tip removed.
>The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office autopsy says Tamir was 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m) and weighed 195 pounds (88 kg)
>>
>>49079473
>>told it's probably a fake gun by the caller
No they don't they are told it is a gun, there is no mention of it being airsoft until after the scene. It had been purposefully modified to look like a real gun.

Even if was was true 'probably' not a real gun, you go in to it expecting it to be real.
>>
>>49079557
Poor babby never did nuthin wrong.
>>
>>49079473
They cannot trust a report by an anonymous caller. It's like you're about to drink a glass of what you've been told is poison, and it looks an awful lot like poison, but someone you don't know and have no idea what their experience is on the matter says that it's probably kool aid.

Would you still drink that shit?
>>
File: QUM3FmM.gif (500KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
QUM3FmM.gif
500KB, 300x268px
>>49079557
>>
>>49079011
See, my reaction isn't that, specifically because of how far they go to show how evil and sick society is. I don't think "Holy shit, how did it come to this?" because it literally couldn't ever come to that. So instead I just think "This is fucking ridiculous."
>>
>>49079557
You know there's a video of this right? That demonstrated how the report was falsified? How the hell can he fire shots out of a toy gun?
>>
>>49078811

Most people have to work the day after so there's that.
>>
>>49079645
Hitchens Razor, post it or fuck off.
>>
>>49079577
False, the caller did indeed say they thought it was fake.

Either way, they shot a twelve year old down and didn't even bother to try to save his life. They assumed that a kid had a real gun rather than a fake gun, which is the far less logical conclusion.

>>49079585
He literally didn't. He wasn't hurting anyone and in fact couldn't hurt anyone. It's likely he was playing some sort of game.
>>
>>49079645
It's an airsoft gun. It wouldn't sound like a gun and doesn't have the same muzzle flash as a gun, but it does fire shots.
>>
>>49079519

keep crying bitch.
>>
>>49079664
Thus is the funniest reason yet. "Man I would love to keep raping your ass maam but I have work in the morning, you run on home to your husband. I hope to see you again next year!"
>>
>>49079681
Niglet with an airsoft gun gets the cops called on him because he's being a thug, he was definitely not playing a game.
>>
>>49079391
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
From the actual report
http://prosecutor.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_prosecutor/en-US/Tamir%20Rice%20Investigation/Crawford-Review%20of%20Deadly%20Force-Tamir%20Rice.pdf

>>49079681
STATEMENT OF FACTS:
>THIS IS WHAT THE POLICE DISTPATCH WAS TOLD
At approximately 3:22 in the afternoon on November 22, 2014, City of Cleveland
Division of Police (CPD) Communication Center received a 911 call advising that there was a
“guy in the park with a pistol, pointing it at people.” The caller, who later identified himself as
“ OMITTED” described the individual in question as a black male wearing a camo hat and a grey
jacket with black sleeves. also stated that the individual was “probably a juvenile” and
the weapon was “probably fake.”

>THIS IS WHAT THE RESPONDING OFFICERS WHERETOLD
At 3:26 pm, dispatch requested an available unit to respond to a Code 1 at the Cudell
Rec Center (CRC). When Officers Frank Garmback and Timothy Loehmann advised dispatch
they were able to respond, they were informed by dispatch that there was a black male sitting
on a swing in the park by the Youth Center pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at
people. The dispatcher further provided the address of the location and a description of the
clothing worn by the individual with the weapon.

>THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
Officers Garmback and Loehmann proceeded to the park in their vehicle, jumped the
curb, traveled across the grass and came to a stop near a gazebo were an individual matching
the description provided by dispatch was standing. Video surveillance at the park shows Officer
Loehmann exiting the vehicle as the individual suspected to be armed reaches toward his right
side waist and lifts his jacket
>>
>>49079750

So dispatch never informed them that it was believed to be fake? Damn.
>>
>>49079679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw0EMLM1XRI

Police pull up, shoot immediately. The frame they pretended was him reaching for a gun was him reacting to being shot.

There's no evidence that the gun was even in his hands prior to the first shot being fired - in fact, everyone who has analyzed the video has concluded that he wasn't holding it when shot.

But hey, it's the police, they're allowed to just gun dudes down, right?
>>
>>49079806
No serious police force in the world would place that doubt in the mind of their officers. If the word gun, bomb, or any sort of 'possible' event is believed to be real and present danger.
>>
>>49079837
>dudes
They're allowed, and encouraged, to gun down niggers.
>>
>>49079577
>Even if was was true 'probably' not a real gun, you go in to it expecting it to be real.

Nah.

If the suspect is a child and the caller has told you he probably has a toy gun, that's pretty important, and your assumption should be to put 2+2 together and not react like twitchy kid playing CoD.
>>
File: 19671596327.png (79KB, 392x267px) Image search: [Google]
19671596327.png
79KB, 392x267px
>>49079837
Why are you still trying to convince him that he's wrong to think like this? Not only is he the kind of person to support heavy-handed police policies, but he's the kind of person to support heavy-handed police policies *on 4chan*. You might as well just go on The Daily Stormer and argue that Mexicans coming into the country to work is good for the economy.
>>
File: hj7qEgw.jpg (66KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
hj7qEgw.jpg
66KB, 640x352px
Can we go back to talking about stupid horror movies? That was fun, right?
>>
>>49079837
Loitering thug points a gun at people as they go by, police show up, he tries to pull a gun on them and he gets shot. Good. Who cares if the gun was fake they did not know that.
>>
>>49079709

Well, I like my job and being early and never late gives a good impression with the bosses.
>>
>>49079868
In Europe I would agree with you but American Blacks are fucking feral and are frequently used to carry guns by gangs because they are sentenced as children. It is a real and present danger that youths like that shoot cops far more often than cops shoot gangmembers.

At least look at police training for inner cities, you are appealing to emotion which is all this argument is. In every single case that has happened the cops have been found to be telling the truth because all those who claim they saw it (Friends and relivies of the decesed) are unable to point out what color shirt he is wearing, the majority lie in order to try securing a conviction.

The media lies, look at court documents and the full picture.
>>
>>49077763
>Would your PC participate in a Purge?
he would most likely end the purge, by any means necessary.
>>
>>49079908
Maybe this thread should be purged.
>>
>>49079917
Every single expert to analyze that image says that Tamir was most likely not going for his gun, and his movements are him in the midst of being shot.

We have only the word of the cops that he pulled the toy weapon. The same cops that coincidentally also left him to die on the floor without calling an ambulance, literally just standing around for several minutes as though on a smoke break.

Gee I wonder what happened.
>>
>>49079868
And when it isn't a toy gun and a real gunman you get shot, your partner gets shot, and random civilians get shot.

You know how you don't get shot? When the police tell you to put your hands up you put them up so they can clearly see you're not going to shoot them. They frisky you, see that it's airsoft, and let you go or fine you for disturbing the peace by waving a toy gun around like a fucking idiot.

It's amazing how not acting like a self-righteous jackass in front of someone who isn't sure if he's going to make it back home alive keeps you from getting shot.
>>
>>49079908
I kinda wonder how you can put The Purge into other settings. Would the scum and slush at the upper-middle of a Hive City gladly take the opportunity to be free from the Arbites for a night if it meant leaving them open to their neighbors and coworkers?
>>
File: 1466742956875.png (213KB, 852x554px) Image search: [Google]
1466742956875.png
213KB, 852x554px
>>49079978
>>49079935
>>49079750
>>
>>49079978
>You know how you don't get shot?

By being white.
>>
>>49079978
>When the police tell you to put your hands up you put them up so they can clearly see you're not going to shoot them

This would probably had been a lot easier had they actually shouted for him to put his hands up, rather than just shooting him immediately and then leaving him to die so he couldn't speak out against them later.
>>
>>49079992
Why not? Make a festival out of it. Everybody joining together to kill the rabble then mopping up the mess the next morning. Light some candles, sing some psalms, hold a feast.
>>
>>49080048
You ever hear the phrase, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?"
>>
https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g
>>
>>49080048
You do realise that they can do all of that from inside the car right? If the person does not comply they have to react.
>>
>>49080078
>Governors set up a semiannual "Defense Day" to supposedly help curb crimes
>use it as an excuse to wage proxy wars between different noble houses unabated
>secret cults entrenched within the lower levels use this as an excuse to pass tainted weapons to worried citizens "for self-defense"
>every Defense Day, half the hive descends into bloody carnage as people air their grievances and settle grudges
It's a pretty good campaign hook.
>>
>>49080048
It would have been even easier if they didn't have to send the police in the first place, but apparently following the law is just too much to ask these days.
>>
>>49080048
>This would probably had been a lot easier had they actually shouted for him to put his hands up, rather than just shooting

It would have been even easier had he not been a thug pointing a gun at people.
>>
>>49080238
>>49080265
This. Is it really that hard not to act like a criminal nowadays?
>>
>>49080285
For blacks, yes.
>>
>>49080238
>>49080265
>>49080285
>kid is literally playing pretend
>hey it's okay that they shot him without even trying to get his hands up
>it's okay that they left him to die for the obvious reason that they didn't want to deal with the repercussions of this

Why are you pigs even on the internet? You could be stuffing doughnuts down your faces right now.
>>
>>49080474
Do not feed the trolls.
>>
>>49080474
>>kid is literally playing pretend
Pretending to shoot, threaten and intimdate others with a toy gun purposefully made to look like a real firearm up to and including the police.

>>hey it's okay that they shot him without even trying to get his hands up
They told him three times to stop, hands up and come near, he refused and instead pointed the weapon at the cops

>>it's okay that they left him to die for the obvious reason that they didn't want to deal with the repercussions of this
Not a single fuck given, consider him purge'd
>>
>>49080474
>playing pretend
>running around threatening strangers with what appears to be a gun
Funny, when I was a kid "playing pretend" meant running around with your friends and pretending that your sticks were swords.
>>
>>49080492
>Facts are now trolling
>>
>>49080474
I can do both.
>>
>>49080514
Me too. Now that I have grown up I use steel blunted swords for the same thing.

I love my life.
>>
>>49080513
>hey told him three times to stop, hands up and come near

Literally impossible, they drive up to him at rapid pace, get out of the car, and immediately shoot him.

Again, this is just a case of cops having twitchy fingers and then letting the suspect bleed out so he can't snitch on them later.
>>
>>49080739
>Police cars dont have windows or megaphones.

Try again.
>>
>>49077763
My character is a Lawful Good cleric of a god of life and death. There is no way in hell that he'd willingly take part in The Purge, and if he was forced to, he'd probably just go around smitting any motherfuckers who tried to harm innocents during the evening. Then once they were dead, he'd animate their corpses as zombies and have them any other psychos that try to take advantage of Mad Max Night.
>>
>>49077763
>Fiend Caste infernal
He is very conflicted on whether he should stop the purge ir not. Hedl'd still probably summon his demon court and overthrow the goverment, then the social-fu starts.
>>
>>49079643
How are you on /tg/ by choice with such a profound inability to suspend disbelief?
>>
>>49078216
The whole idea seems pretty fubar, which sure is the point of the movie but I just mean endemically flawed in ways that are fine (relatively) for the movie when the writers are in control but PCs could really fuck some serious shit.

Specifically with emergency services cancelled imagine the result of a fire under these circumstances? A single home may spread to others, but what if an entire apartment complex goes up? What if it reaches the natural gas lines (I guess the government could order gas lines shut down)? Even if arson is still verboten during a Purge you'd have that careless idiot with a cigarette or just an electrical fire, act of god or because some nut with an ax was trying to breach a wall to reach his victims. Unleash murder hobos into a situation like this and you could see some serious shit. On that note it might be interesting to run just to see what people come up with.
>>
>>49078216
>Certain weapons, such as explosives, are also banned under Purge rules.

How do they ban the weapons if all other forms of firearms are allowed? Literally impossible to prevent people from obtaining nitrates and fertilizers to use in explosives.
>>
No, he wouldn't watch a low budget horror movie
>>
>>49082680
Hey man, they're Purgers, not savages. They obey the law.
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px)
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>49082784
>>
>>49078089
sharknado
>>
>>49077763
Nope. I play almost exclusively Lawful Good characters. I'm in a sentai hero game right now.

And don't give me 'well the law says the Purge is legal!'

No. Lawful Good is fully ready and willing to fight against unjust laws.
>>
>>49078867
>Eisen
>waiting till next year
Sounds like coward talk boy.
>>
>>49079289
>No guys one case study completely validates hordes of thugs rioting over a total lie
>>
File: Dudley_Do-Right.jpg (12KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dudley_Do-Right.jpg
12KB, 210x240px
>>49082991
>Hey it's the law! Your Lawful Good characters can't break the law!
>That's why my PCs are all Candian! They drink the requisite amount of maple syrup to keep them bound to their ancestral homeland in heathen foreign parts!

You could always have them participate by having them roam the Purgelands and smacking people, telling them to behave.

The whole thing is silly and it's hilarious they stole the idea from an episode of Star Trek that had a computer too rigidly logical to know any better - though whether the original Landru set it up with this specific behavior when he made the colony technologically regress, well, who knows. But look on the bright side! You can have the PCs Captain Kirk talk the government into a logic loop that causes their heads to explode.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 620x349px
Considering that it's a traveller campaign, probably something like this.
>>
MFW people are so stupid that the second movie specifically tell the reason behind the purge and people still dont see it.
The places talking about it looks like a bunch of those shills that go to /pol/ talking about the purge
>>
>>49083489
If these are people that didn't bother seeing the first movie, why do you expect them to watch the second movie to find the rationalization for the premise?
>>
>>49082642
>I guess the government could order gas lines shut down)?

Way harder to do than you would even believe. Trust me I work with it for a living and in the purge you could destroy the entire city of dc easy as fuck via gas line tampering.
>>
>>49083550
>If these are people that didn't bother seeing the first movie, why do you expect them to watch the second movie to find the rationalization for the premise?

They saw both movies and still talk about movie like if the movie setting didnt had any conspiracy involved on the stuff that happens there.
Also watching the second movie alone is enought to discover conspiracies behind what happen there, this because the movie specifically tells you, you dont need to find.

Maybe you are talking about discovering that there are conspiracies behind what happen on the movie by just watching the first one. In this case, YES its almost impossible.
I say almost impossible, because I knew it would have some conspiracy involved on the stuff, after I watched the first movie and the second one was not even made yet.
>>
>>49083381
"PURGE PLANET!" is one of my new favorite expressions for when something positive occurs in my life.
>>
>>49083900
It seems your problem was taking the idea seriously in the first place.
>>
File: 1471729921537.jpg (60KB, 800x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471729921537.jpg
60KB, 800x298px
>>49083972
Kek.

Would I be wrong in saying that the people get to kill things and do what they want, but when a group that is organized do the same thing and kill people it's suddenly evil and wrong.and ebil?
>>
>>49077763

Yes, of course.

I think the movies have a lot of missed potential, to be honest. Most of them focus on the negative side of the Purge, while never understanding the positives.

Like, you could have a movie about a guy who's taking advantage of the Purge to move the largest god damn quantity of drugs you could ever find. Or a group of friends who decide to clean out the gang down the street - They spend the months preparing, and on Purge Night they don masks and clean out the crack house with firearms and Molotov cocktails.

But no, it's always 'rich people are awful' the movie. Like, can't they do a more nuanced look at things than that? Or how about a show from the perspective of the security services, who can finally get the chance to root out and kill the illegals and black rioters and so on?
>>
>>49084613
>But no, it's always 'rich people are awful' the movie.

Blame Hollywood
>>
>>49079120

The police would have a field day. They would finally, finally be able to just open fire. Like, what would the mob do? Use human-wave tactics? No, they'd get indiscriminately shot in the face and die. The police and armed forces would have free reign to fuck up anyone who looked at them funny.

Who would win, black rioters or the police? Obviously the police. They'd just gun down anyone who wants to keep partying en masse.
>>
File: shtf.jpg (164KB, 680x650px)
shtf.jpg
164KB, 680x650px
>>49085128
>Who would win, black rioters or the police? Obviously the police. They'd just gun down anyone who wants to keep partying en masse.

This, bring it on I say. I can ship the family out to the home country for a vacation and I can sit on a roof improving society
>>
>>49079097
>and Purging yourself of pent up rage and frustration.
That doesn't work. "Blowing off steam" with violence keeps violence on your mind.
>>
>>49085128
I agree with you on people not rioting, but the Purgers have guns too. If you don't think a large number of angry fanatics with guns can slaughter a tenth of their number well trained, well armed people who also have guns, then you have a fundamental misunderstanding on how reality works.
>>
>>49086741
In the hypothetical situation of ten thousand angry citizens armed with rifles vs a single tank crew, the final result is as many civilians dead as the tank brought ammo. The tank may possibly sustain damage to optics and auxiliary equipment such as antennas, and might also suffer fouled treads from PLOWING THROUGH THE CROWD LIKE SIXTY NIGGERS THROUGH YOUR MOM'S ASS.

This is not fucking Civ. No number of pikemen will ever chip-damage a helicopter to death. The technological advantage is insurmountable.
>>
>>49086741
They can't. Most people can not fire and hit something reliable at 50 yards.

>Weapon familiarization
>Small unit tactics
>Morale
>Radio, cohesion
>Experience

It's not as simple as lift gun fire. A crowd of 100+ would find it impossible to assault 10 trained and experienced soldiers/LEO. You could say the mob could use tactics, but you try implementing tactics on a mob, they literally respond to the loudest thing which will be a nigger with a megaphone chanting black power slogans.
>>
>>49078216
Yeah, people are going to listen to thatwhen they have lost their kids thanks to these shits.
>>
>>49086958
>Yeah, people are going to listen to thatwhen they have lost their kids thanks to these shits.

You mean the criminals who do all the purging in the first place? And guess what? Those government officials have empowered you to take revenge on your children's murderers instead of waiting years for the system to do it for you. You're welcome.
>>
>>49077763
Seeing as my PC is an aged mechanic who lives in the bombed out ruins of Chicago, no he wouldn't. Bullets aren't cheap and he has enough problems with raiders and people trying to screw him over so adding "everyone else" to the list of people he hates isn't good for his heart.
>>
>my character is a superhero
>he gets one chance of cutting loose completely

Oh yeah. The mob and all the criminals he encounters will only remain as a red stain on the pavement.
>>
>>49090297
Some fucking hero.
>>
>>49077763
No, he has a home to protect, and he's too old for this shit.
>>
>>49079643
I see you never lived through the 70s and 80s.

Inside every human is a murderous beast, anon.
>>
>>49078749
>In the second movie, one of the safer places for the protagonists to hide out is the banking district, because all of the vaults are emptied and flown to secure locations prior to the purge and everyone knows it. There are big signs posted up to remind people that the banks don't have anything in them.

It would probably be significantly cheaper to just hire a stack of roof koreans.
>>
>>49079489
>Point a gun at a cop you get shot.
EVEN IF it was a righteous shot - let's say it was - even if it was a righteous shot, you still get an ambulance. The police don't shoot because the perp deserves to die - we have courts to make that assessment. The police shoot to defend their own lives. Once that's done, they get on with things.

Unless they're rabid dogs, of course, who want people to die. In which case, they need to lose their badge and their gun.

>The family shut right up after getting paid too.
Well duh
>>
>>49091797
Its like 9 or 10 hours at least after that was posted. Do you really have any reason to reply to it?
>>
File: 1472107243014.jpg (68KB, 478x721px) Image search: [Google]
1472107243014.jpg
68KB, 478x721px
>>49078196
The problem with The Purge was that its premise was retarded, and moreover, the internal logic of the movie was retarded.

Try to think what would happen in the United States if all crime became legal once per year. Like, realistically. Put down Salon and the Huffington Post for a second. You know exactly what would happen.

Some mentally ill people would step outside and be mowed down in a crossfire of 5.56. Some edgelords or desperate hood rats might try to do something or loot some stores, and they too would be mowed down in a crossfire of 5.56. The closets you might get is Moonman and Ben Garrison rolling into the ghetto with a bunch of armored cars and just killing everyone, but aside from that, murder rates would probably drop.

Everyone in the country would have a rifle, and everyone in the country would be peering out their windows with night vision goggles waiting for a chance to use it. Having an AR-15 would be like having a fire alarm, and The Purge would be like the night you have to change the batteries.

What would happen, though, would be tens of billions of dollars worth of white collar crime. CEOs would embezzle hundreds of millions of dollars and then shrug the next day because they're not accountable for anything they did during the night. A bunch of properties would burn down for the insurance, and it wouldn't matter a whit who did it because it was legal. Bankers would simply default on loans or break contracts. Millions of gallons of waste would be stored up and then dumped into rivers. Insider trading would skyrocket. Collusion between businesses would happen in broad daylight and be totally legal.

The Purge would't be a purge at all, because nobody sane would set foot outside of their houses without an APC and ir support. It would however be an economic and environmental disaster of epic proportions, every year, on the clock. Hell you'd probably see more murders afterwards as furious businessmen assassinate each other.
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>49091797
>>
File: DFBTj0a.gif (940KB, 627x502px)
DFBTj0a.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>49077797
>>
>>49090810
Sorry, not sorry that I play a character who actually has a personality and is not so flat that he can be described by two words
>DEUS VULT
>>
>>49078493
>Everyone is secretly with me except for my enemies but they ate just one big inhuman blob you guys!
Left or right its always the same story.
They all think that 300 million people all fall exactly into their political view. Femnazi or stormcuck, they both say they got the worlds biggest army behind them while also screaming how they are opressed by the big bad.
>>
>>49091913
In this instance it's sort of the opposite. BLM-types think the whole country is racist and hates them, and Stormniggers hope that they're right.
>>
>>49079173
But that's a completely fucking retarded premise. Like, I'm not going to go "How did it all come down to this?" when there's no way it could ever fucking come down to this.
>>
>>49081503
I can suspend my disbelief, just only up to a certain point. If you're going to tell me something is happening in the fairly recent future of the world in which I live and expect me to believe it, I'm going to expect it to be something that could theoretically happen in the world in which I live.
>>
>>49091913

Not that guy, but if we were allowed to kill black people, I would. Not out of any particular hatred: If I was a German in WWII, I would report on Jews in hiding to the SS. It's just the thing to do.
>>
File: p9568543_p_v8_ah.jpg (434KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p9568543_p_v8_ah.jpg
434KB, 960x1440px
Now hold on, this premise sounds silly. A better premise would be trying to stop a secret coup against all the political leaders of the world, who were all conveniently gathered in one place.
>>
my party would be those rich guys with advanced security who would wait out the storm
>>
>>49078871
>next we kill all the women
>finally only white men are left
>we can now have all the gay sex we want
>fuck beutiful, white men 24/7
>America is stronger than ever
>>
>>49077763
What do the instigators oft the Purge have against Switzerland?
>>
My character is a dark jedi. He would think the Purge was hilariously stupid, and set out to kill specifically the people who are protected from being killed during the purge.
>>
>>49092173
Well most people have been thought and grown up enough to understand that killing someone in cold blood makes you an monster.
>>
>>49086934
I was going to post about something else, but I saw this bit of retardation and I need to address it, all the point in order.

>Most people can not fire and hit something reliable at 50 yards.
But it's Purgers, so at least a chunk of them know what the fuck they're doing.

>Weapon familiarization
See above. And all the various uprisings and terrorist groups clearly show that you really don't need that much time to figure out the basics.

>Small unit tactics
Less relevant than you think, unless we're talking less average soldiers/police and more fucking spec ops. It'll let the soldiers fuck up a chunk of the crowd, sure, but unless they start popping explosives, won't thin them out enough to stop the number advantage.

>Morale
Angry crowds are a hell of a thing, you know. For every instance of a mob getting spooked by actual gunfire, there's an example of them just turning into rabid retards.

>Radio, cohesion
I'll give you that one, although some purgers seem relatively well organized.

>Experience
Again, I'll partially give you that, but again - several Purges happened, some people likely prepare for them all year, and there's a plateau on experience where it really won't matter against enough angry dudes.

>It's not as simple as lift gun fire.
No, but enough fire solves a lot of problems.

>A crowd of 100+ would find it impossible to assault 10 trained and experienced soldiers/LEO.
I'll just treat it as what it is, retarded hyperbole, and won't insult your intelligence further by actually countering that point. Because c'mon.

>You could say the mob could use tactics, but you try implementing tactics on a mob, they literally respond to the loudest thing which will be a nigger with a megaphone chanting black power slogans.
Majority of it, yeah. But all that it takes is a chunk of them knowing what's up and acting independently off the mass - and the rest can be half cover fire, half human shields, which will still be a hell of an advantage.
>>
>>49092245
Made me chuckle.
>>
>>49092245
But women dont cause a statistically obscene amount of crime for amount of population they make up.
>>
>>49082989
But Sharknado never tried to be anything else than a dumb movie.
>>
>>49092848
It actually tries very hard to be as dumb as possible. Which is why people love it.
>>
>>49079162
>Also a lack of explosives makes it very difficult to deal with tanks/armoured transport.

But what the fuck is ACTUALLY stopping anybody from making explosives? It's literally impossible to prevent every single person from making pipe bombs and shit like that, and there's no way they'd be able to track down every person who did it.

Logically speaking, it would end with both sides utterly fucking ruining each other and the survivors being left with a permanently fucked nation.
>>
>>49092909
Oh and aside from that, what the fuck guarantees that the military and police forces would be on the side of the government if everything broke down? Who says the police and military who are supposed to put a stop to the purge haven't fucking stolen their own equipment during the purge and decided to go apeshit, because again, who the actual fuck is going to be able to prevent it? Nobody.
>>
>>49077763
The Purge is a garbage movie and anyone who likes it has garbage taste.
>>
Literally a murdercyborg brought back to life to purge the heretical and unclean again.

Yes.
>>
>>49077763
My PC would make it his mission to end the purge.

Such monstrous evil is beyond human nature to enact. Some darker purpose and design lies behind this. And how is the nation able to hold itself together in the face of such regular anarchy?

>>49078054
We may disagree on many things, but this time, I think we can work together.

>>49078196
>the disturbingly believable shit that comes out of these people's mouths
Except that even within the world of The Purge, the government has to hire gangs to actually keep it going as it turns out, most humans really don't have any special urge to go around violently killing and burning shit, even if it's legal.
>>
>>49077763
She's participate, mostly by wrecking the fun of anyone who thinks they're tough enough to be top of the food chain by proving they're not.
>>
>>49079519
These are the people who protect you from smut on /tg/. Aren't you happy they're here?
>>
Why not take everything with you and fly out of the country before the Purge?

Or head over to an embassy?
>>
>>49092817
No but women tend to commit more violent crimes statistically.
>>
File: Unimpressed Youmu.jpg (125KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed Youmu.jpg
125KB, 400x390px
The whole idea of the purge is moronic. We formed society to protect us from those that would prey on us. What would happen the moment the purge is announced (providing we don't simply get wide-scale revolt immediately), would be armed groups forming for mutual defense. These power blocs would ally with one another on the understanding of, "Don't try to kill us and we won't try to kill you," as most people just want safety. After a certain point and enough innocents getting killed by the government-sponsored hit-squads, these citizens would simply ignore the laws against explosives and not killing government officials and just flat-out storm government buildings on the platform of putting an end to state-endorsed murder and lawlessness; the very things we have a government in place to prevent in the first place. The Purge would swiftly be forgotten, as the whole of the US dissolves into a brutal civil war between a government that's not only failed in its duties, but willfully abandoned them; and a populace determined to restore security to its nation. If the US doesn't completely crumble from this, then multiple states will likely break away and form independent nations.

Further the infrastructure and economic damage done to the country every year would be beyond crippling. Businesses would flee the US as there is no security for their assets. This, coupled with the wide-scale civil unrest, would turn the US into a third-would nation practically overnight.

The movies are shit, but then, the entire premise was given literally zero thought in the first place, so what do you expect?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmr36AJm54
>>
As a Shadowrunner. I see this is a potential Shiawase holiday to celebrate the Shiawase decision. A day where they reenact the infamous Seretech incident to celebrate how the corps are as powerful as any nation
>>
>>49077763
Time to stop my party's fire mage from setting buildings on fire.
>>
>>49091846

Well at least there is one non-retarded post in this thread.
>>
My PC would spend all Purge night on insider trading conference calls.

I would too.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/luna_lovewell/comments/3417b7/_/

This is pretty much the only sensible thing for a businessman to do during the Purge.
>>
>>49091846
>Hell you'd probably see more murders afterwards as furious businessmen assassinate each other.
This setting.

I want it now.
>>
>>49095431
It's called Shadowrun, Anon. There are five editions of it, take your pick.
>>
>>49077763
Sort of.

Do you know what's not against the law during the purge? Vigilantism.

So the PCs would form a "neighborhood watch."
>>
>>49078542
>Implying blacks or illegals cost the US more than crooked businesses and cartels.
Keep paying attention to the ants while the asshole robs your home, Uncle Sam.
>>
Reminder that in a city in Peru, you can still settle disputes via fisticuffs on a certain day.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takanakuy
>>
>>49077763
My PC and his party would use their recruits to operate emergency services on their own, and use their influence to strongarm extant emergency groups into joining in. Purgefags would be detaines, killed if necessary, and life would continue as it does on other nights.

Ruining the fun of someone else is the greatest kind of high, and de-Purging the Purge would be absolutely orgasmic.
>>
>>49078876
Why were you playing a Neptunia?
>>
>>49077763
Hell no, pretty much any of them would be running around trying to save as many innocents as possible.
>>
>>49091846
Hey dipshit, legal punishment isn't the only punishment for committing crimes. Go ahead, rape a child just because it's legal to for a day. You're going to spend the rest of your life being spat on and beaten black and blue.
>"B-B-BUT IT WAS L-LEGAL"
>>
>>49096770
That was implied with the 5.56s
>>
>>49077763
Chosen of Tzeentch: given that his modus operandi when faced with enemies generally includes "fuck all y'all around me, I want that guy dead, full push", probably not, unless targetted. Then it's a case of "Perils of the Warp for everyone!"

Ex-barbarian, ex-marine: Nope. He'd probably be holing up somewhere, shooting people that look at him funny with his gauss rifle.
>>
File: 1444496397307.jpg (39KB, 374x347px)
1444496397307.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>49092909

Most people don't know how to make explosives? And the amount of people who blow themselves up making explosives is hilariously high last time I checked?

>it would end with both sides utterly fucking ruining each other and the survivors being left with a permanently fucked nation.

In one night?

>>49092925
I should think that the people in charge would have a vested interested in making sure that doesn't happen, whether it be holding certain people hostage (like family members or police and military members) until all the equipment is back or what have you.

Still, your point is fair, because how nucking futs are they going to be with their checks?

>>49085663
As I understand it, YMMV when it comes to that.

In anycase, it's social science fiction. Oftentimes in the genre, we're presented with really, really weird social situations, and the stories are meant to explore them, even if they are kind of dopey and weird.
>>
>>49097459
You can do enough damage in one night that it takes almost an entire year to fix.
>>
>>49098745
Not to mention the total loss of trust in how the country works.
>>
>>49095449
I was just thinking my team would just be waiting for the highest bidder that night. Gotta make that nuyen son, Daddy needs new chrome.
>>
i would honestly move to fucking Canada lol
>>
I'm surprised the obvious hasn't been posted yet. organised crime groups. fuck, they wouldn't have to do anything for the rest of the year. just set up the deals and when the purge comes, move out into the open and shift thousands of tonnes of drugs, weapons, slaves and fuck knows what else. and no purger is going to screw with them. after all, who's going to fuck with an organisation that typically has a private army?
>>
>>49077763
Unless the designated area is chock full of chi blackholes in the form of murderhobos he's not going in.
>>
>>49099549
I wish they would have it in Canada. I would go to Quebec and just hack Quebecois to bits.

Also no guns in Canada. So who knows maybe it would work better up here, if it was ever a thing.
>>
>Purge Day
>Go out with rest of his werewolf pack in broad daylight
>Sense Wyrm
>Is it Wyrm-tainted? Kill it immediately, no mercy.
>Is it not Wyrm-tainted? Beat it the fuck up and tell it to go home
>Break cars
>Torch fast food joints
>Torch wyrm-tainted products
>Fuck off to the caern at the end of the purge to tell about all the productive shit they did
>>
>>49077763
If by "participate" you mean "put the fear of god into all these fuckers who, apparently, can only be prevented from raping and murdering everything in their path by the threat of retribution", then yes. He would participate.
>>
>>49099347
Oh god, can you imagine.

>Every single black trenchcoat stays home and doubles their security
>The pink mohawks wait just outside the compounds of various A to AA companies
>Some dumb bastards have gotten together again to try and take out an Aztechnology plant
>The elves have doubled border protection, since they're all "civilized" in their fucking trees
>The orcs and trolls are all unconcerned, since it's just a day ending in "y" to them.
>CAS and UCAS officials disappear for the night, the citizens just lock their doors and pray.
>NAN just shakes their head at the antics of the crazy white people, but at the same time send in their own runner teams to take out people who have been causing trouble for them.
>The sirens blow, and all hell breaks loose.

People would die horribly, but the runners who survived on Purge nights would be fucking legends.
>>
>>49078871
>not Minority Deport
>>
>>49092008
>BLM-types think the whole country is racist and hates them, and Stormniggers hope that they're right.

They finally have common ground!
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.