[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible PF Build?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: red_haired_muscles.jpg (2MB, 2687x3886px) Image search: [Google]
red_haired_muscles.jpg
2MB, 2687x3886px
Long story short, I was pulled in to a Pathfinder game online by a friend. We haven't played yet, but one of the other players is making some bullshit-smelling claims, on top of being a dick. He refuses to say what the build it, but he says he has a powerful character, one that involves multiclassing Monk.

So far he's said:
>Swears up and down it's first party, most likely meaning "can be found on the SRD"
>Monk/another class, "but its multiclass in the same way a paladin with a 2 level dip in fighter is a 'multiclass'"
>Is level 14
>Five attacks a round, 1 stun, 1 sickened, every attack made at +18
>Can Rage
>Immunity to Spells and Spell-Like Abilities
>Can cast as a 2nd level caster, no mention of spell type
>Has Fast Healing 24

I already asked and it's not Druid/Monk/Barbarian doing shapechanging things. I'm smelling bullshit, and an abuse of either a monster race as a player character, new player race creation rules, or homebrewed items. I also suspect Synthesist Summoner, but that doesn't explain anything below "Can attack 5 times a round."

My question is this: What is this build? Is this even legal RAW?
>>
proababley
>>
>>49074108
>>Immunity to Spells and Spell-Like Abilities
Is he a fucking half-golem or something?
>>
>>49074204
See, I don't know, which is why I was asking /tg/. Would this build be even remotely possible RAW?

Also worth noting, he also said he's hitting at around 6d6 per hit. No mention of stat numbers or anything, just a list of shit it can do.
>>
>>49074219
I feel like everything else is possible with the right twinking, though fast healing 24 pushes the envelope a bit. Probably magic items involved, possibly custom ones.
Flat out immunity to spells, however, is off the charts. Items don't do that, classes don't do that.
>>
>>49074247
What magic items then? And you say "custom ones" do you mean there's a way to make your own magic items or is it homebrew? Genuinely curious, since I've never heard of these rules before.
>>
>>49074270
>do you mean there's a way to make your own magic items
So long as the GM says so. It's meant for people to use Craft Wondrous Item, but a truly obliging GM may allow them to create custom items then purchase them normally.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Magic-Item-Creation
>>
Best guesses I've got are, if they are a bloodrager, is they have Regenerative Vigor ragepower and the Spelleater archetype, which would be all of regen 4 by this point, and only while raging. It takes level 11 for Synthesist summoner, which would be fast healing 5; but that means Regenerative Vigor wouldn't be the way.

The only other 'quick' ways to get fast healing by class that I know of are;
1) dip Witch for two levels (Or find a way to boost effective witch levels) for Witch's Familliar with the Deliver Touch Spell feature (Which allows it to use hexes), dip Life Spirit Shaman or Life Mystery Oracle for Life Link, then find a way to aquire the Tumor Familliar from Alchemist; Then you don't technically have fast healing, but your familliar has fast healing 5 and targets you, replenishing your HP; which isn't bad for a 3 level investment.
2) Dip Hunter (Verminous Hunter) for one level, choose Worm aspect, and kill your companion. Fast healing 1 forever unless your companion is revived or you get another one.

6d6 damage per hit smells like something stupid; like a greatsword with all of the elemental damages or some shit, or else something more sane like Vital Strike, I dunno man. But attacks at +18 at level 14 can be explained by 14 BAB and 18 str at a +4 mod (or if you said two levels dipped out, then 12 BAB + 18 str (+4), and then a +2 weapon)

Ask your GM if you are worried; he has to check sheets after all.
>>
>>49074360
He specifically said that it was a Monk/something, only one class mulitclass, since I initially asked him Monk/Barbarian/Druid. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he had handwraps or something with elementals or he had Enlarged permanenced, since in a different game we have a Brawler 12 swinging at 4d6+numbers a hit, but he's Enlarged and has Monk's Robes boosting his effective Monk/Brawler level so he hits harder.

The player in question is not currently using the build, probably because any DM would tear it apart if he checked the player's work, he just mentioned it's something he's made before.

I can provide context for the conversation if requested, though I don't think it should matter, unless you want to hear an anon bitch about a first impression with another player.
>>
>>49074457
Hmm... Well, if it's monk, then he's not getting fast healing from class unless he's the aformentioned Verminous Hunter. Synth summoner would only be gotten then if the dude was shit for his physical stats and instead wanted higher mental ones. Only other thoughts are he did the race builder wrong (Which is to say; players aren't supposed to take Monstrous qualities and had (6x24)+(1+2+3+4+5....+23+24+25) RP to spend, which any Gm would veto for clear and obvious reasons), or he has a template of some sort, but that STILL doesn't account for fast healing 24 without some big shit. Unless they are using a spell to stack themselves up for Fast Healing (Which should be veto'd), it's hard to get there

But please, bitch away Anon. Venting is a good way to relieve stress and maybe we'll get better insights to what is going on.
>>
>>49074108
Sonds like there is some kinda bloodrager there
>>
>>49074547
To add to this; Cheapest way to 'rules as written' buy something that will add Fast Healing 24 at bargain bin pricetag, for the fucknut who really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like, would probably be;

Infernal Healing spell (Gives Fast Healing 1 for 1 minute, is a conjuration (Healing) spell that makes you ping as evil.)
So our theory would thus be that you can stack it infinitely. So;
The formula is SL x CL x 2000 for an item that will be perma-effect, and the spell is 1 minute; so why not call it 1 minute per caster level; x2; and then it would have to be slot-less, like an Ioun Stone, because otherwise the GM will 'have' to throw something at you for it.
1 (Infernal healing) x 1 (CL 1 ) x 2000 x2 x2 = 8000 per pop. or 192 k. Compared to the starting wealth of 185,000 at 14th level, not 'horrid', especially when the player starts hunting down ways to cheapen it...

Continued; Mostly because I have a serious addiction to math.
>>
Easiest ways to do that, would be; First and foremost, making items yourself, making the unit prices 4000 per, or a 96k investment for the bunch (Compare to 90k for a ring of regeneration). Next would be the classic "It's in the rules!" reduction of "item requires specific class/alignment to use" discount of 30% and the "Item requires specific skill to use" discount of 10%, and then APG's "Hedge Mage" trait's discount of 5%. In order, that says 96k x .7 = 67.2k x .9 = 60480 x .95 = 57456 or 2394 per item. OR if you are a cheeky cunt who don't play by the rules, you'll just take away 45%; or 96 k x .55 = 52800; or 2200 per item. Dangerously Cheesy.

BUT WAIT; THERE'S MORE! If the GM is more accepting than that, you can MORE THAN HALVE IT AGAIN! Instead of having a massive swarm of Ioun stones at 2200 each (Because I want the lazier price), why not have one item that does it all on it's own, somehow! By saying that each spell effect is a different-but-similar effect ( You'd have to explain to me how), you can instead bypass the slotless cost from the first post, making the 'individual cost' half (Or 1100 'per item'), and then because the item has multiple similar abilities, the first one is at full price, the second one is at .75 price, any further are half. So; 1100 + 825 + (550x24) = 14025. Call in the next 20 minutes and we'll throw in a free ass whoopin' absolutely free! And that's without touching the downtime system!
>>
>>49074108
The real question is: Do you wish to bullshit back?

Because i know a PF rouge build who is next to constantly invisible to pretty much everyone.
>>
>>49074978
Or go alchemist and cloud kill/poison specalist.
>>
File: 1471992634821.jpg (405KB, 600x569px) Image search: [Google]
1471992634821.jpg
405KB, 600x569px
>>49074108

>Immunity to spells and SLAs
Nope. Either he's pulling some bullshit and playing a non PC class, he's lying, he's cheating or he's playing something ludicrous and 3pp, or any combination of such.
>Fast Healing 24
Fast healing doesn't stack, so again he's either playing a non PC class AND misinterpreting rules, or again using ludicrous 3pp shit.
>5 attacks a round, 1 stun, 1 sickened and every attack at +18
Entirely possible at that level, but if he's planning on combining it with monk he'll need Feral Combat Training with every single type of natural weapon he has, and it's difficult to get 5 of the same natural attacks without being a druid/alchemist.
>Cast 2nd level spells
Easy. He has rage though, and 2nd level spells are pretty much useless by level 14, as you can buy whatever spells/scrolls you need without having had to multiclass.

If he has some mass multiclass fuckery going on, then that's his loss. You should just play a foresight wizard and toss conjuration spells and save or dies and laugh at his attempts to minmax.

All he needs to do is provide links to the d20pfsrd so the DM can ensure that it's all 1pp
>>
>>49074938
So there you have it. A Fast Healing 24 item that a wizard with Hedge Mage and Craft Wondrous Items could make at level 7's Wealth By Level. This is specifically why magic item creation that is that open for interpretation should not be allowed in cheetoes dusted hands. Sorry for rambling folks, I was just enjoying my autism for a minute.

Also, if said theoretical player was willing to spend more than the estimated 29 days for a super-cheap charm-of-healing, and DID decide to go for downtime (From the Ultimate Campaign book), then they'd probably spend 390 to make an Alchemy Lab, take a season off, and aquire their 10 Magic (Which costs 50gp to produce but counts for 100 as a resource for magic item creation), and farm that for long enough ( 14 weeks ) to make up the price, halving it AGAIN.

Or if they were willing to go that further and WAIT LONGER, they'd just straight up buy few Greenhouses, and then use the Horn of Plenty (Magic) to convert Goods x3 (Cost 10 gp each) into Magic x1 ( So 30 gp spent per 100 gp you get out) without looking at anything else; but it would nearly triple his waiting time.

Now, the downtime system is probably not what a player who wants benefits would do EXCEPT for if they can demand it in their backstory and manage it with carrier pidgeon, but it does give you a justification of why magic items cost so damn much but yet royal guards always seem to be stocked up, even in bad economies.
>>
>>49075070
Only part I'd like to point out is that technically fast healing doesn't say it can't stack, but I agree that it should be treated just like any other bonus of same source. Beyond that, I agree with your hypothesis.
>>
OP is a faggot and got dragged away from being able to answer questions. Will deliver answers when I'm done being a faggot and having shit to do.
>>
>>49074769
He insists it's a Monk/something

>>49074978
Ninja with Vanishing Trick seems to do the job somewhat effectively, since it blocks all forms of detection, but sure let's hear it

>>49075070
Thanks for the breakdown, but he's being a cheeky little shit and saying "I'm not telling what I did :^^)))))" though he is not, in fact, using this build in the game. Probably because the DM would slap him if he did.

Let me quickly reread the chat, and as requested, I'll give a quick rundown of the situation.
>>
>30 minutes before work
>IRL Buddy asks if I want to play PF over Skype and roll20 with some friends of his
>Sure, why not
>Only three people able to make it to a "session 0" where the DM runs them through a hastily made session
>Didn't participate, but listened in at work
>Buddy is an Investigator, does Alchemist stuff and Rogue stuff
>Dickhead, proposer of the bullshit build in question, is playing a Dragonrider, a 3pp class that is like a Paladin/Cavalier with a by default flying mount that basically can't act on it's own
>Noob is a Dwarf Cleric who's played PF maybe once ever in her life
>Stuff happens, it's not really important
>Dickhead in combat seems to be a pretty standard Charge Attacker: Mounted Lance with a mount that can also attack, though sometimes he also uses a bow
>After session, comment that it might just be better to let the dragon do it's own thing, dragon fullrounds are scary business
>Dickhead says that's not how Dragonriders work
>Look it up
>He's right
>Okay.png
>Says "I know you're trying to help, but I advise against trying to advise people who are more experienced than you."
>Wat.gif
>Whatever, roll with it
>Admit mistake, assumed dragon functions like a normal mount, where it can do things on its own
>Dickhead says if he wanted dangerous he'd do the d2 Cavalier build, the one that could do infinite damage
>Or he'd do the build in question in the OP
>Ask for him to show his work, actually genuinely curious
>Basically tells me to fuck off, he's not going to show me shit
>Some more argument stuff that's not really important
>Mentions a crit ninja build involving dual wielding katanas and Vanishing Trick
>Whatever, don't really care any more
>A little more shit that doesn't really matter
>Exeunt stage right

I asked a couple of other people, they all said something to the tune of "6d6 is feasible, as is some of the other stuff, but either he's lying, purposely misusing rules that don't work that way, or is using shit he shouldn't be."
>>
>>49077235
Right, gimmy a mo to rustle up the build, been a while since i used it.
>>
>>49077235
Race: Human (you can use smaller races, but you lose out in other areas).
Class: Sniper varient Rouge
(optional, but very helpful due to its reduction to range penaltys).
Skill Focus instead of the bonus feat.
First level of SF into stealth
Second level either into acrobatis or a craft.

Take either heart of the fields for a bonus half your level into a craft, e.g. alchemy for poisons, or take heart of the slums for the +2 racial bonus (recomended).
Take stealth based traits as well if your allowed. Every little helps.

Presuming level 14 then with stealth at rank 14, +3 from trained, plus the focus which at 10 and over is +6 from the feat, +2 for racial = +25 so far. if you took 18 in Dex thats another +4 ontop of, giving 29. grab Dex buff items to complement this.

Grab stealthy feat for +4 at level 10 and up, 33.
This should stack due to the nature of feats being unnamed bonuses.

Next you want Hellcat stealth, which lets you take a -10 to stealth Any time, any place. Only have -10 in normal to bright light even when observed, but not when observed in darkness strangely enough.

So far its a straight +33 in dark, +23 in light. The next part is why you chose a rouge:
Level 10 advanced talents: Skill mastery
Int bonus no of skills can take 10 in at any time.

Thus your +33? is essentially a flat 43 stealth at all times unless you feel risky.

Grab fast stealth for full movement while stealthy as a rogue talent, then grab stealthy sniper, for a -10 to stealth after a ranged attack from said stealth. back to 33, or 23.

Everytime you want to fight, shoot, then move. Stealthing is a free action when moving. Grab a bow and go ham. You also gain a +1 bonus every x no of feet away from a foe you are to your stealth.

Take the feats sow terror for when you have to get close, if you force them into terrifyed you can attack at your leisure. Take Master trick for the ninja trick: Assasinate, to have your first shot become save or die.
>>
>>49078124
Con:

Youll want something to negate shooting into low light, you will also need to buy certain items.

Youll need to spend 36k on a sin rune: Rune of the inscrutable one
Basically makes magiclly divining your location next to useless.

Goggles of the sniper (20k) will let you sneak attack from any range. You can sneak attack when ever you at stealthed, and you will always be stealthed. This is the main source of your consistant damage.

Take scentless feat to make life even harder. Stay at range from your foes and detect magic / life which are limited wont detect you while you can poke them with impunity.
>>
>>49077359
He sounds insecure.
He also sounds like he is using the "self insert power fantasy" route to roleplay.
>>
>>49078124
>>49078280
Thanks famalam, looks pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of Rogues, but I'll keep this one in mind.

>>49078349
Probably, since Buddy found at least one of the guys from RPing on deviantArt about 5 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Dickhead came from there too. The rest of the guys seem like pretty alright dudes, it's just Dickhead who's an issue. And since the group seems to be closer friends with Dickhead than me, Buddy being the exception, I think I'm going to give him one session to stop being a dick to me or I'm dropping the game.
>>
>>49078649
Eh if your more into blasty, i also have a silly achemist build. be a small race of some kind (i suggest goblin).

Evolve tumor familiar into air elemental, use potion effect others talent tree to permo make it medium or larger.

Use Tumor familiar attatchment ability to sink feet into familiars back, use air elementals fly speed. Become a wind surfer who does bombing runs.
>>
>>49078844
>wind surfer who does bombing runs
amazing
>>
>>49078905
When they say casters are broken, they are right about all casters. Alchemist just gets a different variety of toys to play with.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.