[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Heretic…

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 30

File: edgequisitor.png (1MB, 1391x803px) Image search: [Google]
edgequisitor.png
1MB, 1391x803px
Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Heretic…
>>
>>49070574
Lmao he's cross-eyed.
>>
>>49070574
>tfw you will never ever fuck an Inquisitor
>>
Hes fucking Judge Death before he became Judge Death
>>
>>49070574
>killing heretics is not a personal endeavor

So you kill heretics because it is your job rather than because you have a burning hatred for heretics as every Emperor-loving citizen of the Imperium should?

Where's a Commissar when you need one?
>>
>>49070574
>mom says its my turn to blam the heretics
>>
>>49070574
>Not InquisitorColdsteel.png
One job OP
>>
So, wait, what is this from?
Is this something official, or what?
>>
>>49070696
How can I date cute Inquisitor girls, /tg/?
>>
>>49071449
By being a hero of the Imperium.
>>
>>49071394
Not official.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
>>
>>49071449
Well first you're going to need to look and sound like Freddie Mercury.
>>
File: Ciaphas Cain.jpg (458KB, 883x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas Cain.jpg
458KB, 883x1169px
>>49071449
Dig through the Cain archive & see if there's any rough notes. Maybe you'll find an unpublished book named "To fuck an Inquisitor: Cute, perky & dangerous all over"
>>
>>49070700
Holy shit, he does look like him.
>>
>>49070574
The Inquisitorial Guardsman/Stormtrooper who was with that guy seemed pretty cool, and his kit was really well done. Might watch this thing just for that guy when it comes out, try to ignore the edgelord playing a high-schooler's idea of cool to overcome his squeaky voice.
>>
From what I saw, I think the point is that the Inquisitor is supposed to be unlikable. He's not edgy, he's just a petty asshole who likes fucking with people just a bit too much.
>>
>>49072048
>>
>>49072048
>>49072195
>>
>>49072182
Honestly, that's part of the problem. Having a character that's exactly what you described isn't really that edgy. Having him be the main character and having the other character defer to him directly and feed that pettiness is what makes him edgy.

Unless something happens to make him grow up, or unless he is punished for his behavior, it's edgy. Because you can have a character in that same lead role doing the same job who isn't such a petulant little shit.
>>
>>49072195
why is he wearing a scarf?
>>
>>49070574
>Not taking Heresy personally as an agent of the Emperor
HERESY
>>
>>49072241
> in the 40th millennium of our lord
>not being /fa/
>>
>>49072233
But I'm willing to believe that it will be an issue and it will be addressed, given that it was one of the biggest character interactions in the whole short, and a huge amount of effort went into making him out as a petty asshole.

I mean, I dunno, I loved how he introduced himself to the dude, because instead of being professional or formal about the job, he's just taking the chance to be a dick. And I both hope he gets to do it more and it bites him in the ass.

Even the assassin seems to disapprove with how she answers him.
>>
>>49072241
It's a bandana and because they are useful items. Sweat rag, quick bandage, dust cover for mouth, identity onscurement, the list goes on.

You aren't really an operator without a bandana on hand.
>>
>>49070574
People are ecstatic over this animation. But form me the awful facial animations and mediocre voice acting killed it instantly.
Impressive for an amateur, but it was still made by an amateur.
>>
>>49072423
It's mainly because it was dubbed in English from German. Though, I'd really like to see the original German version is actually any better.
>>
>>49072298
catachan lover detected

nothing wrong with it, ofc
>>
File: Morcus.jpg (90KB, 541x436px) Image search: [Google]
Morcus.jpg
90KB, 541x436px
>>49070574
>>
>>49072233
he's not the main character. The Lord Inquisitor is.
>>
>>49071488
could someone make a cut that excludes all Inquisitor Coldsteel scenes?
>>
>>49072233
>>49072283
Then again, he is a young Inquisitor. He can be a petty asshole all he wants, who is going to stop him?
I think it's an okay depiction. He's a young breat who recently gained massive power by becoming an Inquisitor, don't you think he would use said power?

>>49072423
Animation looks great imho, but the faces are a bit in the uncanny valley.
But compared with the Ultramarines Movie, it looks excellent, especially if you consider that it's fanmade.
>>
>>49073309
Needs Spanish voice acting and mariachi music to complete it
>>
>All these retardads thinking edquisitor is the main character
This explains a lot actually. It explains everything wrong with the board.
>>
I'm still dissapointed that there aren't any tanks participating in the parade. Shit, I'd be happy with a textureless Leman Russes way in the background.
>>
>>49072241
It get's chilly out
>>
>Donte the Heretic killer.
>>
File: HeyThere.gif (2MB, 328x268px) Image search: [Google]
HeyThere.gif
2MB, 328x268px
>>49072195
>>49072233

Shemagh - They are a scarf-type wrap commonly found in arid regions to provide protection from direct sun exposure, as well to protect the mouth and eyes from blown dust and sand.
>>
>>49070717
>So you kill heretics because it is your job rather than because you have a burning hatred for heretics as every Emperor-loving citizen of the Imperium should?
this
>>
>>49071449
Become a notable heretic, they take interest in heretics. Once you have attracted her near you and you get into conversation, you just have to reel her in.
>>
>>49071449

Be a good bottom bitch, anon.
>>
>>49076038
Be sure to inform her you weren't really a heretic after all and was just spying on them.
>>
>>49073528
Yep. Sadly, only something like a tenth got this
>>
>>49071449

Ask her for her hat.
>>
>>49072195
>>49072209
>dat bulge
>>
>>49073397
THISSSSSSSSSS

And maybe his assistants too. They seemed kinda slapped together. Felt like the guy assistant had some generic asset shop cut.
>>
>>49073450
>he's a young inquisitor
>young
Yea, just like there are young generals and young admirals.

That's not a thing. There are a series of training regiments that beat that kinda shit out of you.

You don't say 'he is a young grey knight' as a defense for a grey knight saying something weird. If someone is acting out of character at this point, it's cause for alarm. He didn't roll off the train, get handed a gun, and told to go fuck up heretics.
>>
>>49080495
Inquisitors can be whatever they like. All they need to be is competent first as innitiates, then as interrogators, and have an Inquisitor that doesn't care about pettyassholeness.

there is no training regime for INquisitors, only life. And life can make you a petty asshole.
>>
>>49071506
Not worth it m8.

Vale would order an exterminatus on your arse if she discovered you'd read that.
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 1162x850px
I'm confused as to why /tg/ has such a hatred for this guy. The Inquisition was never made up of nice people. This guy taunted and shot one heretic. We've had members of the Inquisition kill innocent people, torture their families and burn entire worlds. People in the imperium are terrified of them for very good reason.
>>
>>49080823
I think it's the Paul Atreides problem. If he's meant to be an annoying prick, it's okay. If he's not, it's infuriating. Myself, I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>49070574
>>49071488
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
Seems a little young for an inquisitor.
>>
>>49080823
To me, its just that i don't really like his voice. But thats not an issue really.
>>
>>49070717
Are you telling me you wouldn't play an inquisitor like a hardboiled detective?
>It was 2200 Galactic Standard when she came in. You could tell she was a sister of battle just by looking at her, she had that special fire in her eyes, hair, and flamer...
>>
>>49070717
>he places his own personal hatred of heresy above his duty to the emperor
Fucking disgusting desu.
>>
Did anyone else get the sense from his "execution" that he was acting like a Slaaneshi cultist? Sadism is not what I'd expect from the Inquisition.

Injustice, sure. But efficient injustice.
>>
>>49080950
my theory is, he's an interrogator just turned Inquisitor
>>
>>49081088
not every emotion is a sign of being servant to that emotion's god.
>>
>>49081088
Yes.

I think he's going to fall. Or-- have already fallen.

Also Femmassassin is SUPER dead. She's wearing a mask.
>>49081112
Yes, it is, in 40k. You don't have to know it, however.
>>
>>49081112
Considering the Inquisition's job description has them deals with various forms of corruption (Chaos, Xeno, or just petty human failings), you'd think they trained Inquisitors to not act like asshats or sadists.

A space marine that likes war is not immediately a Khorne worshiper, but he's very much "at risk". In the same way, I'd put an Inquisitor who likes his job way too much is "at risk".
>>
>>49081125
>SUPER dead. She's wearing a mask.
The last action flick I've see, two of the masked characters made it 'til the very end.
>>
>>49080787
But anon, won't the lessons from the book enable you to survive the encounter?
>>
>>49081176
Lesson number one, underlined and written in bold, would be "For the love of the Emperor, do not read this book".
>>
>>49081125
>Femmassassin is SUPER dead. She's wearing a mask.
All assassins wear a damn mask. Though she looked like vindicare and had no fuckhueg sniper rifle so yer prolly right
>>
>>49081194
What if you find it before she does?
>>
>>49070574

I loved it, what's so bad about him?

He gets shit done and isnt stupid.

Why the fuck cant you accept new deviancies from the standard?
>>
>>49070700

This desu

Judge Sidney
>>
>>49071449
I suppose you could make some elaborate plot against the Imperium and leave a vulnerability that will be filled with an undercover inquisitor that you date, but it would probably end with your death and torture.
>>49071506
Well I did have a Dark Heresy character who was a romance novelist once
>>
File: word bearer01.jpg (44KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
word bearer01.jpg
44KB, 510x546px
>>49072258
>when you realize that is an exact portrayal of the osseous throne chapter of the word bearers

PRAISE LORGAR KINSMEN
>>
>>49070574

Inquisitor

>Judge Sidney / Judge Death from Judge Dredd comics

Parade

>From Ghost in the Shell 2

2/10 originality overall desu
>>
>>49081150
>you'd think they trained Inquisitors to not act like asshats or sadists.

"they" don't train inquisitors. Any inquisitor has full reign over his network of spies and operatives,and from them he raises INterrogtors, and they sometimes become Inquisitors. THere is not this big training to become an Inquisitor, they are all James Bond with the freedom he wish he had.
>>
>>49081047
It's my duty to the emperor to have a visceral hatred of heresy.

They are in fact one and the same. It is my personal duty to the emperor to eradicate heresy.
>>
>>49081660

In fact Inquisitor is the sole most based job of the Imperium.

Then goes Rogue Trader
>>
>>49081709
>Inquisitor is the sole most based job of the Imperium
Until you get fucked by another inquisitor since he thinks you're a heretic or you actually fall to chaos since you enjoy killing too much
>>
>>49081709
yeah, and I don't get how people here are questioning this guy's manners, emotional state, and most of all style of work - as if ANY of that was unified or categorized, or in any way controlled outside of the gravest missteps.

They don't get how uniquely, anarchically all-powerfull Inquisitors are, including the education of thier interogators.
>>
>>49081772
that isn't very likely to happen, since the density of inquisitors is pretty much the lowest of anything but assasins, and just being sadistic doesn't give off near enough waves to make any inquisitor care.

And if it happens, you still have full authority to strike back against the guy with full prejudice.
>>
File: Deathcult Assassin.jpg (22KB, 960x437px) Image search: [Google]
Deathcult Assassin.jpg
22KB, 960x437px
More Assassin when?
>>
>>49081805

The creator of this short said he went through the inquisitor character four different times.

He is nasty and smug but not a brat. Everyone here is retarded as shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAaMXUf7Io
>>
>>49070574
>My name is Dante. But you can call me Dante the heretic killer, has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
>>
>>49081850
Nobody claimed he is a brat. They claim he is a sadist because he shot someone several times instead of just once because he took pleasure in doing so.
>>
>>49081841
Radical inquisitors. Now what?
>>
>>49081886

Everyone's claiming he's an edgy faggotlord

He's just an inquisitor you wouldnt expect, precisely what the inquisition is about
>>
>>49081896
what about it? Yes there are radical inqisitors. Yes they operate still, as inquisitors. There are puritan inquisitors that hunt radical inquisitors.
There are moderate inquisitors that are violentely opposed to those ultrapuritans.

All that is true. What do you mean with now what?
>>
>>49081863
Underrated
>>
>>49072195
>>49072209
>>49075951
>that td

unf
>>
>>49070574
Likes: hurtin people, bein badass, killing, death, The Emperor, skulls, aquilas

Dislikes: Sunshine, niceness, happiness, Kevin Robinson from the Schola Progenium fuck you Kevin stop showin evryone my fukken devotional drawings u peace of shit, my dad
>>
>>49081906
I'm claiming he's a faggot edgelord because he looks like a faggot edgelord and has the tendencies of a faggot edgelord. There are characters people are allowed to not like. The hook is whether or not they're supposed to like/hate/sympathize with them. And I can't sympathizer with him.

The Lord Inquisitor has no lines, so we don't actually know how he'll be. We just know the needler is a faggot edgelord.
>>
File: 1421431584994.jpg (70KB, 437x454px) Image search: [Google]
1421431584994.jpg
70KB, 437x454px
>>49081906
No, I'd expect something more like this:
https://youtu.be/NQL2cojKxwg?t=3m18s

Harsh, lacking in mercy, extremely rigid and legalistic, but ultimately efficient, loyal (in the best circumstance, of course), and an impartial third party thanks to the sheer lack of shits they give about you or your planet.

Inquisitors are not there to ruin anybody's day or make anyone's life more difficult. They have too long a list of shit that needs purging to waste time getting their jollies. Yes, they do ruin people's day and do make people suffer, but this is in the normal course of their duties and not in any way a desired outcome of those duties.

If this heretic was shot multiple times running away, I'd call it good. But this heretic should have been shot once in the head. At best the Inquisitor wasted ammo, and at worst he's on his first step to unnecessary torture to please the Prince of Pleasure.
>>
>>49082011

The Lord Inquisitor is him, lad.

Torquemada is there as a cameo
>>
>>49082014

This guy is efficient and loyal.

He even asks his squad on their oppinions on what to do.

You dont even know if he's been rejuvenated.

Inquisitors dont follow the fucking stereotype you see in the minis or every single fucking videogame
>>
File: It says you're a Heretic!.png (25KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
It says you're a Heretic!.png
25KB, 499x468px
>>49082075
In no way was that execution efficient, and as such his loyalty to the Imperium and the God Emperor is in question.

This is like claiming that using biological weapons somehow isn't leading someone down the path of Nurgle, or that starting to take heads as trophies isn't step one of the path of Khorne.

He is not a chaos cultist yet, but he should at least get censured for acting unprofessionally.

>hurr, my Inquisitor is chaotic neutral, he doesn't need to have standards

This is grimdark, not edgystupid. Get that bullshit out of here.
>>
>>49082014
>ignore his threats - come on
Does this IG bitch even grasp dire state the situation? Like, what is he going to do? Say 'No' and go back to his drop pod?

As someone did mention, this guy and the one from the short are from two different wings. But all it says to me is that the malleus order inquisitors actually do their duty because there's a space marine contingent always behind him and they have varying degrees of FOR THE EMPRAH in their veins beaten into them from SM creation process.

Which will of course all be retconned wants 40k gets its Sigmar revamp. :^)
>>
>>49075951
They're used a lot for OPERATOR characters of late due to them getting rather popular with US military forces deployed to said regions.
>>
>>any sign of sadism is a clear indication he's gonna fall for Slaanesh
>>The Inquisition are super standardized and have standards for how they act

Emperor's mercy it's like no one here's read anything about 40k beyond 1d4chan.
>>
>>49082142

Why not? Dont you know about interrogators?

What if he was ordered to make the victim suffer? He didnt look like a demon, maybe a money launderer or some sort of administratum criminal.

What if the guy was told to make his execution unpleasant?
>>
>>49082075
this, a hundred times this. Inquisitors are people, with quirks and vices, and with an education and training that is unique to every single Inquisitor as literally all of it is field experience.

>>49082142
>He is not a chaos cultist yet, but he should at least get censured for acting unprofessionally.

By WHOM? By an ordo hereticus inquisitor specialiced to look at other inquisitor's personal habits, that somehow hasn't been blasted by I's that he was to nosey for? There isn't some sort of control aparatus that makes sure Inquisitors are nice, you get sought after by other inquisitors once you're using daemon weapons, and even then, you have to have bad luck.
>>
>>49082199
>Interrogator

None of those shots got him any information, or were intended to.

>What if he was ordered to make the victim suffer?

In the 40k setting, that explicitly empowers Slaanesh.

>He didnt look like a demon, maybe a money launderer or some sort of administratum criminal.

One bullet will do.

>What if the guy was told to make his execution unpleasant?

Well, the method he picked empowers Slaanesh. I think something more unpleasant would be... I don't know... turn him into a Servitor? Penal legion? Throw off a building? Hanging?
>>
File: 1416683656228.jpg (66KB, 230x216px) Image search: [Google]
1416683656228.jpg
66KB, 230x216px
>>49082234
>Main character is an edgy sadist
>"t-t-that's his flaw"
>>
>>49082241

You're one of that retarded mob that keeps 40k from ever progressing or extending its world.

The lore doesnt advance because of "muh 40k" neckbeards like you
>>
>>49082265
I'm not talking about the main character in the context of the narrative. That might be shit as far as I know, I don't give a shit. What I'm arguing against is that inquisitors AREN'T like that, because there's a template they all have to fit.
>>
>>49082142

He didnt act unprofessionaly

The inquisition has unrestricted power to get rid of the heretics and that's wha the did.

I can't believe this fan mande short about a neckbeard game is too smart for you
>>
>>49082241
/tg/ is truly the harshest heresy auditor of the 41st millennium.

>You say you praise the emperor, but you also furrowed your brow. How long have you been in league with slaanesh, cultist?

>You enjoy writing those quarterly reports on budget reassignment, clerk? How often did you say you visit these khornish slashing ceremonies?
>>
I mean seriously here, if the sadism of shooting a person more times then needed is considered enough to make a person liable for falling for Slaanesh, then every fucking soldier would be Khornate by now.
>>
>>49082241
>In the 40k setting, that explicitly empowers Slaanesh.

so does fucking twice on the same day.
>>
>>49082147
Ordo Malleus don't always have Grey Knights behind them. Grey Knights are only ever unleashed when a Daemon Incursion is happening or Imminent. Ordo Malleus are among the most likely to be corrupted among Inquisitors. Screwing around with Daemons and the nature of the Warp makes you start taking on radical approaches to things very quickly unless you have massive amounts of willpower.
>>
>>49082325
>I mean, who hasn't had 3 orgies a week for the last 30 years? Right guys? Don't mind the purple women. Everyone fucks them.
You're speaking like you were birthed on a planet 100 years behind schedule for a GK intervention, heretic.

>>49082337
Are you implying that sex for pleasure outside procreation for the purpose of creating more humans ISN'T heresy?
>>
When you get down to it, the character was unpleasant to watch.

He is the first character we see, hear and get to know. And he is unpleasant to watch.

Why wouldn't you just write a more interesting character? It's not based on anyone real. It doesn't have to be accurate to anything other than the 40k world.
Just throw out stuff that doesn't work and put something else in that works better.

I mean it's too late now, it's nearly finished by the sounds of things. But this is why the mantra "fail faster" exists.
>>
>>49081937
I dunno, i forgot my train of thought
>>
>>49082363
>Are you implying that sex for pleasure outside procreation for the purpose of creating more humans ISN'T heresy?

only that it's not heresy that you shouldn't expect from an inquisitor.

>>49082361
rarity is something /tg/ doesn't understand in the context of 40k
>>
>>49082361
Death watch, not GK. DW are space marines pulled from multiple unrelated space marine chapters. It's an honorary service that can be as long as you wish.

GK aren't even known about by most people, let alone seen except in the most full blown of daemon incursions. If you see a GK, you won't be surviving the next few days.

GK is malleus, but they're one step preceding absolute exterminatus.
>>
>>49082377

IT was perfectly pleasant.

Efficient, to the point and with a personality (unlike all other fucking 40k characters)

He even looks like Imperial Guard

The perfect inquisitor
>>
>>49082363
Nigga the Imperium is routinely massively more cruel for fuck all the the Inquisitor was for no reason at all, for fuck sakes the Imperium has sanctioned virus bombings and yet you don't see the men ordering biological warfare on entire planets falling to Nurgle do you?

The bar for falling for chaos is so much higher then drawing out a killing for a minute, if it wasn't you'd see nearly half of all humanity falling to chaos rather then a minority of them.
>>
>>49082404
>Efficient
>To the point
Sure, like a cat with a mouse.

Also what kind of imperial guards have you been looking at?
>>
File: wh40k holy shit.png (129KB, 874x892px) Image search: [Google]
wh40k holy shit.png
129KB, 874x892px
>>49082241
Don't you normally have to, y'know, explicitly state that you do it in the name of Slaanesh in order to empower Slaanesh?

Guy's reciting prayers and shit of the Emperor, which kind of nullifies that. Maybe you're just desperate to find something to bitch about?
>>
>>49082424

>Sure, like a cat with a mouse.

Nigger that alone settles that he's a great inquisitor
>>
>>49082398
Death Watch are the militant arm of the Ordo Xenos. Again not every Ordo Xenos Inquisitor is working with Death Watch all the time.
>>
>>49082416
The joke is that anything short of being an inert domino for the emperor to knock over when where and how he sees fit is not pious enough for /tg/.

Relax.
>>
>>49082434
Doing it in a chaos Gods name makes it worship and empowers them more effectively but doing crazy heretical shit and not doing it in their name still empowers the Chaos Gods.

Shooting a heretic so they're in pain a few times sure as hell isn't going to empower Slaanesh more then whatever the fuck the Heretic was probably doing though.
>>
>>49082437
You can have an inquisitor without a death watch contingent, but you will rarely have the reverse only in cases where someone higher up than an inquisitor is leading them instead.

So the expectation is that inquisitors among the malleus are in contact with a group of Death Watch at the minimum.

They're part of the military wing. They're a go between. They're not death watch themselves, but they routinely interact with them and thus have more eyes of varying piety on their actions.
>>
>>49082142
>This is like claiming that using biological weapons somehow isn't leading someone down the path of Nurgle,

But it isn't. The Imperium does that shit all the time. Bioweapons don't automatically make you a nurglite. It's not like they are saying "Hey, let's disease these guys and make them suffer and stuff" they are using a weapon to kill something. Next you'll tell me that a guardsman using his knife to stab a cultist to death is becoming a khornate cause he got blood on him.
>>
>>49082488
I mean to say that Death Watch enforce the Inquisitor's word. So if he doesn't have a death watch, he can only use threat of death watch to assert authority. And it has to be believable that he has the support of death watch in his actions.

And, of course, he can't threaten GK because he's not supposed to talk of them, and may/may not know about them himself.
>>
I'm actually rather surprised that the Fists were actually parading along with Guardsmen/Stormtroopers.
>>
>>49081125
Only the Eldar keep their emotions in check so as to not feed the Chaos pantheon. I don't think regular humans know about it at all to be frank.
>>
Kind of betting that douchebag the Inquisitor is going to fall to Chaos and be hunted down by his boss.
>>
>>49082543
Well, it is Holy Terra. Wouldn't be surprised if their commander told them to bite the bullet just for the honor of being there.
>>
>>49082488
That isn't the expectation at all. Ordo Malleus Inquisitors have no reason to have a group of Death Watch in their retinue. Death Watch only work with Ordo Xenos Inquisitors who specialize in the detection and eradication of Xenos threats to the Imperium and are headquarted. That's the entire point of the Organization. An Ordo Malleus Inquisitor is devoted to the detection and eradication of Demonic threats to the Imperium.
>>
>>49082527
>using a knife to kill a cultist is khorne behavior
The act of killing the cultist and spreading blood and slaughter isn't the problem.

The problem is whether you enjoyed it or not. That's the disconnect.

Chaos gods care more about motives than results. Very much journey over destination folk. They don't want the stabbed man to die. They want him to bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed and for the other person to love making him bleed so he keeps bleeding.
>>
>>49082571
Your average hive world drone is no more educated than a pig farmer on a frontier world. They live mundane lives but are otherwise very superstitious and know as much about the threats against mankind as their neighbors.

Which is to say very little, and riddled with misinformation. So better safe than sorry.
>>
>>49082590
Then the using a bioweapon doesn't mean you are falling to nurgle. Done. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>49082488
Malleus has fuck all to do with the Death Watch. Death Watch are xenos hunters. And no neither DW or GK need Inquisitors around at all the Inquisitors just have to say the word and the Marines will do their thing.
>>
>>49082583
I'll need to reread the force organization. I'm probably getting names mixed up. Death Watch are regularly lead by an inquisitor though. I know that for a fact. It's just a matter of which inquisitor caste that I'm unsure of. Because that informs how they got to their position.

>>49082623
I didn't say it did. It also doesn't preclude you from it. If you enjoyed using the bioweapon is all that really matters.

>>49082633
>space marines/heretics always submit out of respect for a badge
>especially the ones that know they're guilty
>>
>>49080823
>I'm confused as to why /tg/ has such a hatred for this guy. The Inquisition was never made up of nice people. This guy taunted and shot one heretic. We've had members of the Inquisition kill innocent people, torture their families and burn entire worlds. People in the imperium are terrified of them for very good reason.

It's not that he's a psychopath, it's that he just seems to be trying so hard to come across as a psychopath it actually ends up being rather pathetic. It seems contrived rather than genuinely scary.

The fact that he looks pretty young doesn't help. It's harder to take a smooth-faced character seriously, especially when they are in a role which you would expect someone older to be in (of course, he could actually be several hundred years old thanks to rejuvenat, but visuals make an impresson regardless).
>>
>>49082142
> that using biological weapons somehow isn't leading someone down the path of Nurgle

You do know that a form of exterminatus involves the deployment of a virus, right? In fact, the adeptus biologicas expends its time around plagues and genetic modifications and I don't no one there is screaming "FATHER NURGLE, FATHER NURGLE UUURRRGHGHG!"
>>
>>49082188
We have had a huge influx from both /v/ and /pol/ over the last couple of years. I don't think either group really cares about lore.
>>
>>49082695
Part of the disconnect here is not about how it actually works and instead how it's percieved.

Everyone is suspicious of everyone else because they hear all these accounts of people falling to chaos and they're on a razor's edge at all times of being accused of chaos taint. And this rightfully scares the shit out of most people. One because of what they've heard about chaos, and two because of what they've heard about the people that purge the chaos.

Your action may or may not empower the dark gods whether wittingly or not, you don't fucking know. But you have doubts that someone may THINK it empowers the dark gods and if enough people start thinking you empower chaos, you get a kick at the door to your apartment one day to explain every little nuance of your existence to a guy you've never met before or be killed. And odds are if he came to see you, he's already well into the 'guilty as fuck' camp.
>>
>>49082241
Why are you assuming your meta-knowledge is commonplace in the Imperium?
>>
>>49082678
You're right about that for the most part. The militant arms of the major Inquisitorial branches are-
Ordo Malleus - Grey Knights
Ordo Xenos - Death Watch
Ordo Hereticus - Sisters of Battle

These forces are each technically independent from their branch of the Inquisition but are often called upon into the retinues of an Inquisitor so they can combine their strength with the Inquisitor's resources and information in order to better combat demonic, xeno, and heretical threats to the Imperium respectively.
>>
>>49082773
The Imperium at large doesn't know what Chaos is.
>>
>>49080823
I don't think the issue is that he's a dick. I think the issue is that he comes off as a petulant child. You can have someone be a dick without them being that boy. Hell, the Inquisitor in Love Can Bloom did a better job of being a dick than this guy did, and he did it while also coming off as an adult.
>>
>>49082805
They know of heresy and how heresy is dealt with. I was using chaos to explain a whole breadth of thing that obviously john avictatus smith #5242 doesn't know anything about himself. Only rumours.
>>
>>49082285
Not once have I ever mentioned anything about the progression of the lore.

The Inquisition has A JOB. You either are doing that job well or you are not.
>>
>>49081356
>gets shit done
>isn't stupid
Yes, objectively, he did his job. But he took so long and fucked about while doing it so much that if someone actually cared enough to try and rescue that traitor, it might have all gone wrong.

Just make the proclamation, kill the bastard, and go home. You're a professional, boy. Act like it.
>>
On the next episode, watch Ramsay Bolton cut off a heretic's dick, and eat it with mum's homemade neeps and tatties.
>>
>>49081847
I agree. Qt3.14 for sure.
>>
>>49082844
The problem with the inquisition and the job is that it isn't very well regulated. By meta design it creates a lot of fun stuff. In universe it makes everyone paranoid as fuck because they don't know what'll get them killed/punished/conscripted or not.

You don't know if eating red jello is heretical. But the inquisitor does. And he knows 5 people saw you eating it and they've already testified to that account.

Does eating red jello actually mean heresy? Probably not. But he doesn't know either for sure. So he hits a lot of nails, and the only litmus for failure is the nail that he can't hammer down killing him instead. All inquisitors are 100% successful until they're not. Which could include being killed by other inquisitors because they could be the one really corrupted.
>>
>>49082865
He was interrogating him. Why do you think the house was torn apart and the fat bastard was yelling "I've already told you everything!".
>>
>>49082865

There is no point in torturing a Heretic without gaining information or intimidating other Heretics.

In this case there was nobody around. So what he did was just plain sadistic.

But we don't know how it will continue. Maybe the Lord Inquisitor will ask him what the fuck he was doing in there.
>>
>>49082903
What the fuck are you talking about. Inquisitors only get involved in the maximum level of Heresy when shit is bad and the bastards clearly know what they're doing is going to get them killed for being traitorus excommunicate. The moral Grey Area for an Inquisitor isn't the crime or sentence it's how they go about carrying about their punishment and asserting their authority
>>
>>49082678
For the Death Watch and Grey Knights? Yes. That's what they are there for. They're the damn chambers militant for Ordos Xenos and Malleus, any opportunity to kill aliens or daemons is a plus in their books. The Inquisition also doesn't have to hold their hands they're fully capable by themselves, usually.
>>
>>49082678
>If you enjoyed using the bioweapon is all that really matters.

That was not part of the supposed falling in the original scenario in which "Using x makes you Y" not "enjoying using x makes you Y".
>>
>>49083030
>multiple people are saying things
All I'm saying is, if you have to do something heretical, don't let anyone think you enjoyed it.
>>
>>49083055
Using bioweapons isn't heretical.

Executing traitors and heretics isn't heretical.
>>
>>49083081
Unless you took pleasure in it*
>>
>>49081090
He's an acolyte
>>
>>49082633
Inquisitors can still step out of their specialty to deal with threats outside their ordos if it shows up. You'd have to have a real good reason to go 'hey sorry bout the demonic invasion in this world but there's no xenos here so bye'. I can totally see some loosely-official DW/Malleus task forces. Not that I think it'd be anything but a rarity, but it's not so set in stone it wouldn't happen.

That's the nature of the inquisition. They're fairly unpoliced and heavily personalised in their assets and methods.
>>
>>49083015
Inquisitors do not have a grey area, they have a do and don't list. The moment you step into the don't part, you're a fucking heretic and you're going to get killed eventually, hopefully.
>>
>>49082773

For you to being acused of chaos, you depend on:
>The culture we're talking about.
>The interpretation of what is chaos.
>The personal opinion they have on you.

Why? Because 40k is subjective as fuck to allow a shitload of fanfiction stories involving shitterload of ideas. That means, that in a culture were they have ritual torturing as a form of maturity, means that they're slaanesh worshipers? "Well, they're close" you would say, but there are many more things that power chaos; glutony, wrath, paranoia... as far as we know, the Earth is both the beacon of the empire and the most corrupted place in the entire Empire and yet is not a beacon of tzeench or Nurgle.

So what is and what is not "heretical or near heretical" depends on the lives of the people being the judge, the Empire just present the guidelines which are mostly "anyone that gets a little anoying or might get anoying".

Hell, even the arbites are only there to answer for crimes that might affect the Empire, the rest of the population can do the fuck they want.

Then we have to see what chaos is, its just a force that tries to destroy the Empire? Just the physical demons? Or the expression of human emotion in another dimension? For us is simple because we know the answer, but people in the empire, even the ones that are supossedly knowledgefull about this might actually undesrtand that is the second idea and you can do anything that doesn't involve directly invoking the powers of the inmaterium because they can't see the correlation(and who would? Human emotions driving anything physical is a mad theory)

Therefore, they might see you torturing someone but you did your mission and as far as they know you're just an asshole, not someone near corruption.

And the personal opinion matters. I read the Einsenhorm series a fuck ton ago, but I remember how in the last part he became nearly a heretic and yet people followed him for sheer charismatic power and backstory, so they didn't say anything.
>>
>>49082913
The guy was reveling in his violence. He was having way too much fun with what he was doing.

Look, let's ignore the discussion regarding Chaos corruption. It's still not healthy and not what you want from one of your operatives.

The reason the US Army doesn't let people with amazing shooting skill be snipers if they cannot compartmentalize like crazy is because if you want someone going around killing your enemies, you don't want them getting emotional, getting sloppy, and making mistakes. Enjoying what they do in the fashion that this young man was falls under that umbrella.

He's not compartmentalizing. He's not being a professional. He's being an edgy little shit who's having way too much fun with destroying someone's world, even going so far as to shoot them multiple times with a high-calibre pistol before stabbing them in the chest.

Unless he is punished for this behavior, learns from this behavior, or this behavior drives him to Chaos, he is an edgy little shit. You cannot expect an audience to sympathize with this dude.
>>
>>49083093
Dude, no. They turned from the Emperor, they deserve to die. If you enjoy killing someone who turned from the Emperor, you're not a heretic.
>>
>>49083093
>Not taking pleasure from killing heretics
That sounds like Heresy, Anon.
>>
>>49083081
>>49083143
>>49083145

You can purge Xenos, but the inquisition may be concerned if you did it, or if a xeno empowered/allowed you to do it.

You can totally do shit for the emperor and unknowingly be empowered by Tzeentch or ilk artifacts/assistance.

And so, if you kill a heretic based on information from another mole/heretic or using an artifact the heretic provides, you may be commiting heresy by association.

Khorne can offer a hand to help you stand, but you have to decline and stand on your own. Which goes to enjoyment. It's an inroad to accepting that hand.
>>
>>49083130
The Inquisition functions on fear. You're not suppose to sympathize with him. He's an Inquisitor. An agent of the Throne who is authorized to take every measure to ensure the safety of the Imperium. Plenty of Radical Inquisitors exist and make use of blatantly heretical methods all the time.
>>
>>49083194
That's not the same as enjoying killing heretics, stop moving the goal post. He enjoys killing heretics because Deus fucking Vult, and that makes him happy.
>>
>>49083099
Well yeah but like you said it wouldn't be often. It basically just be a "use what you got" situation.
>>
>>49083211
I don't agree/disagree with his methods or motives. He looks and acts like an edgy faggot. He's coming off as affably evil or chaotic neutral. It's easier to believe the writers just made a shitty annoying character than it is they have this deep sprawling understating of the do and don't do of the inquisition. They're not turbo neets, they actually produced something and they're capable of failing to meet snuff on parts of it.

>>49083233
You missed my point. If you purge a whole planet of chaos filth, when you're submitting your metaphorical paperwork and the inquisitor is asking you about your report, this item you used, this action not prescribed by the codex, etc, you may have been using unholy power to achieve your means. Which is not unforgivable, but is also not acceptable.
>>
File: Air Dreadnought.jpg (27KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
Air Dreadnought.jpg
27KB, 600x593px
>>49081850
Wait! Retarded people and even trolling on 4chin?

Who would have thought of that?

This is a sad day...

The day, anons on /tg/ were saying mean things. Remember, remember, the 30th of August.

RIP, western civilization.
>>
>>49083211
>you're not supposed to sympathize with him
From a meta perspective, we kind of are. He's the protagonist of this chapter, and for all we know the protagonist of the entire thing.

You cannot make an entire show or event based around this guy the way he's acting right now and expect us to want to see more of him.
>>
>>49083286
I don't think Inquisitors submit paperwork, mate. They're agents of the throne of Holy Terra and they have all the right to do as they please until they either die, get excommunicate traitoris slapped on their arse or, possibly, retire.
>>
>>49083391
True words are true.
>>
>>49083347
Basically this.

We dont need to like him. We just have to want to see more.
And at the very least there's a percentage of the audience which does not.
>>
>>49083286
>this item you used, this action not prescribed by the codex

Since when has there been a Codex Inquisitus or some shit? Moreover, Inquisitors have EVERY tool at their disposal. If they themselves feel it necessary to nuke a planet from orbit to dust, it is justified and necessary.

Your argument keeps changing.
>>
>>49083391
The Eisenhorn and Ravenor series, as well as the 58mm Inquisitor game all have bureaucratic work and paper trails being an essential and horrible part of being an inquisitor. Some have enough resources and retunes that they shove it off on acolytes, but sometimes they have to go through each and every trial of an entire planet's noble house population and it takes a year. Some inquisitors are more suited to field work and remain so for their entire careers, some are more political/organizationally oriented and become heads of ordos, subectors, departments, conclaves, etc.
>>
File: 1461955616053.png (932KB, 825x991px) Image search: [Google]
1461955616053.png
932KB, 825x991px
>all this arguing

I just always figured there was no shortage of edgelords to be found acros 40k. Figured this guy was one of them. I'll take it over a blank, stern faced cinder-block any day of the week.

Grimdark and edgy aren't synonymous but they're certainly complimentary.
>>
>>49071506
Cain's tactics might do you good, assuming you come across another reasonable inquisitor. *insert laugh track here*

No but in all seriousness, just a bit of competence and a dash of luck and charm is all you need assuming she's watching.
>>
>>49083676
>>all this arguing
It's like this is your first week on the board.
>>
File: fug.jpg (85KB, 776x573px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
85KB, 776x573px
>>49080823
He acts more like FUCK YOU than I would expect an inquisitor to act.
>>
>>49083738
I always got the impression that he played her like a damn fiddle. Kind of. He's *very* charismatic.
>>
>>49083516
I haven't been talking about an inquisitor investigating another inquisitor since the beginning.

I was saying as some guy, if you use something you don't know for sure is alright to use, an inquisitor can decide if you used dark magic to achieve your means.

It's a recurring theme of 'when in doubt, dont use it' because it might be an evil artifact and there are people empowered to deal with and research them. You are more than likely not one of those people, so don't fuck with it.

>there's no codex of heresy
How inquisitors determine what is or isn't heresy, perceived as heresy, or leads to heresy is entirely up to them. Your only recourse is how much reputation you have and how many people are willing to die to support you're not a heretic. Space Marines have much stronger reputations than guardsmen. Inquisitors have more say than Space Marines. And so on. Getting an accusation levied against you basically requires multiple superiors vouching for you. People that are capable of refuting Inquisition charges. I imagine it only really gets policed by having your superior address the accuser to either rescind and take punishment, or turn you over himself.
>>
>>49083880
>I haven't been talking about an inquisitor investigating another inquisitor since the beginning.

This has never been about an inquisitor inquisiting another inquisitor.

This whole thing started with "using bioweapons means you are nurgle cultist" and never has it been about using some unknown from the backwoods "hey, buddy, did you get that thing I sent cha?" or "Pst, he's a bigger cultist" shit. You continually shift the goalposts. You keep talking about other shit when the entire focus has been "No, having fun killing heretics is not heresy." and suddenly now it's about evil artefacts and other inquisitors and a bunch of other stupid bullshit that was never in question. What's next? Are eating quesadillas grounds for execution because some random fucking cultist mook cooked one at some point and some obscure heretic document tells how to make it and reading that document means you are a tzeenchian spy making nurglite food for a Slaaneshi hedonist to serve to his unwitting khornate boyfriend? Seriously.
>>
>>49083100
But that's fucking wrong you retard. Some go about enforcing the emporer and some keep the imperium safe using experimental methods like using Xenos weapons, daemon devices, and working with demos that could be considered heretical, much the way space wolves should be technically heretics. They're still helping the imperium. They found the sons of medusa free and clear.

Look up months of shame.
>>
>>49084277
You're talking to a different guy then. Stop quoting me while trying to address someone else.

Using bioweapons doesn't make you a cultist. Enjoying the slaughter does. That's what I have said every single time. Don't know or care what someone else said. If you come back with some other sideways retort, you're arguing to argue and just shut up. I've said the same shit and you keep attributing things someone else said to things I'm talking about as if I'm even coming from the same angle or even on his topic.
>>
>>49084277
>are quesadillas heretical?
If enough of the right people think it is, then sure. Are you going to tell the inquisitor to go fuck himself over eating meat on thursdays or wearing white after labor day? If so, then grats on getting purged for heresy whether it actually was heretical or not. Most people don't know what they're dealing with even as people 'in the know'.
>>
>>49084365
>Enjoying the slaughter does
No it doesn't. There is nothing wrong about enjoying purging heretics in the Emperors name. It's a noble and just calling. Loving bloodshed for the sake of bloodshed is heresy.
>>
>>49084365
>literally touched upon the "killing heretics and liking it isn't heretical"
>your response is "enjoying killing heretics makes you a heretic"

Nah, you're just stupid. And no one agrees with you.
>>
>>49081633
>they stole from my animays!
You do realize nobody apart from weebs knows what you're talking about?
>>
>>49084670
>Judge Dredd and its spinoffs
>weeb

Why?

Sure, you got GitS, but come on now.
>>
>>49084714
M8 you seriously can't be claiming that some Inquisitor acolyte, or whatever he is, who is acting tough and is obviously drunk on power is something Dredd comics invented. It's a stereotypical character. And Dredd comics are fairly niche. I know 40k borrowed a lot from the setting but that doesn't mean people who enjoy 40k also read Dredd. That's why I just focused on the weeb shit.
I'm guessing the parade scene is similar to some anime parade scene. But you have to realize the vast majority of people do not give a single fuck about anime so unless the guy is a major weeb faggot he didn't steal from your precious animays.
>>
>>49085136
Oh I don't disagree with you there, but lumping Dredd with weebshit? It hurts. Also not that guy. He was baiting anyway.
>>
The space marine in the parade looks at least 2 feet taller than the Imperial Guardsmen.

Making them 8 feet tall
>>
>>49082981
>You're a rogue Inquisitor! One more incident like that and I'll have your badge!
>>
>>49073528
At this point, we've seen the first nine minutes of a twenty minute film and those nine minutes undeniably center on this tryhard goofball. I doubt the remaining ten minutes will change this, despite what you apologist shills imply otherwise.
>>
File: Assassin.jpg (989KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin.jpg
989KB, 1920x1080px
>>49081847
>>
>>49085922
Wasn't this just the prologue?
>>
>>49071506
>>49071449
Cain and Amberly must have an amazing sex life.

>tfw you will never go balls deep and cream all over an qt3.14 inquisitor's face and then have her go full dom mode on your ass while still wearing your cum.
>>
>>49087168
The full movie is 20minutes long. No one seems to know for sure if that means 20 additional minutes, or if we've seen half the movie.
>>
I don't need a warband.

I just need Two Good Acolytes.
>>
File: judgedredd1.jpg (14KB, 650x249px) Image search: [Google]
judgedredd1.jpg
14KB, 650x249px
>>49087023
>>49081847
>that face paint
>>
>>49087221
I wonder if the galaxy is littered with Cain's bastard children given the massive number of women he's been with.
>>
>>49088233
>Judge Sidney as an inquisitor
>ABC Warrior facepaint on the assassin
So who is the marine dude supposed to be?
>>
>>49071449
>>49087221
I guess it really is safe to say Inquisitors are one of the most kinkiest and horniest motherfuckers in the entire Imperium.

>"Civilian, according to these other citizens you have a drive full of non-Imperium approved pornography, correct?"
>"Yes I have porn, but its old world porn. Nothing heretical, I swear! Please dont kill me!"
>*whispers* "Here's the deal. Just give me a copy of all those lewds you have, and I assure you AND your family that you will all be treated... We... And I'll make sure none of those plebians who squealed on you will be breathing down your neck. That good?"
>>
>>49081005
>that special fire in her eyes, hair, and flamer
Kek
>>
>>49083096
There's a bit during the parade where a dude gets a message that says "target acquired" even.
>>
File: bluerosette.jpg (16KB, 297x309px) Image search: [Google]
bluerosette.jpg
16KB, 297x309px
>>49072048
I want his bandanna.
>>
>>49082527
>>49082695
Actually, that's exactly what they're doing.

Shit like that is the reason they hate doing exterminatus. He's right, anons.
>>
File: 1462500567042.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462500567042.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>Those establishing shots of Terra.

Muh dick!

I seirously needed some visuel reprensatation of a imperial world and this did just the trick.
>>
>>49080163
Underrated post
>>
>>49073397
>>49080412
So basically you want a video which is only about Torquemada's swag?
>>
>>49088266
No more or less then every famous commissar, colonel and general in the Imperium. Most own Harems after all.
>>
>>49070717
Pretty certain the most junior Inquisitors outranks the most senior Commissar.
>>
>>49088266
Cain seems like the kind of person to always use protection. And make sure the other person's using protection.
>>
>>49087023
Anyone have the webm of that head tilt? It's cute and I want it.
>>
File: Waifumancer Scum.webm (160KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Waifumancer Scum.webm
160KB, 854x480px
>>49093196
Here you go you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>49092335
Actually, Exterminatus by virus bombing is no longer legal in the Imperium.
>>
>>49080720
This. The inquisition, as far as I know, doesnt really have hard and fast rules of recruitment and promotion. If your Daddy Inquisitor promotes you to be an Inquisitor, thats that. The check to that power is that if the other Inquisitors think that was a dumb move than one or both of you will likely die
>>
>>49082241
Slaanesh also feeds on the EXCESSIVE worship of the Emperor.

>What were you doing when you realized Sisters of Battle are the largest Slaaneshi cult in the Imperium?
>>
>>49093633
>Implying SoBs aren't Emprah's cultists already
Giant winged humanoids don't spawn by themselves
>>
>>49071449
>deviantart filename
>title art for DoW:II expansion

Explain yourself
>>
>>49093665
One assumes the artist uploaded it to their deviant art account. It's not uncommon for these sorts of things.
>>
File: High-Level Dark Heresy.jpg (371KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
High-Level Dark Heresy.jpg
371KB, 1920x1200px
>>49081173
What the name of the movie?
>>
>>49070574
honestly I think that's wrong. like at the end of the thing when he's asking about how long the dude he kills has been around I really do feel that hatred boiling off the guy.
>>
>>49092776
>implying that would stop the BLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM
>>
>>49093222
Cute. Cuuuuute!
>>
>>49088399
THE LAW undercover
>>
>>49070574

Found the inspiration.
>>
>>49096649
Big difference: Donte gets character development
>>
>>49082574
This honestly.

Dudes either gonna die or mature up over the course of the story.
>>
>>49083119
>Hell, even the arbites are only there to answer for crimes that might affect the Empire, the rest of the population can do the fuck they want.

Only as far as the Adeptus Arbites is concerned. All planets have their own law enforcement for local shit.
>>
The website states that edgequisitor here is already bordering the edge of radicalism.
That and his previous master died, so...fuck being likeable I guess.

But since Torquemada Coteaz is rather puritan, he's probably gonna get bitch slapped by the Lord Inquisitor once or twice...

Or Corville is going to BLAM him, since as the website states "has tried to mentor the young Inquisitor and lead him from his burgeoning radical beliefs."
>>
>>49092860
>Cain wears Carapace Armor during sex to ensure no one can assassinate him during sex
>>
>>49099308
Since that daemon lady, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised.
>>
>>49082241
Guys, if you fuck a girl on her period/so hard to make her bleed, is it polite to do it in the name of Slaanesh or Khorne?
>>
>>49100467
Unless you drown her in her period blood after that or you are doing it a top a pile of corpses i'll say Slaanesh
>>
File: ImperialFuckYeah.jpg (115KB, 515x486px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialFuckYeah.jpg
115KB, 515x486px
So what's the chance he'll become corrupted?
>>
>>49100702
>>
>>49073309
Morcus El El Inquisidor de los Herejes
>>
>>49100884
>"the the Inquisitor"

I like it.
>>
This was okay, but it really just seems like a generic dystopian setting with a 40K paint coat over it. The buildings and layout didn't scream 40K, and outside of the aesthetics, it lacked the gothic tone and oppression that something set on Holy Terra should have. Coupled with camera shots of scenery that were framed to evoke awe and wonder a la Star Wars, and it's clear that while the dude working on this primarily has some chops, he has no idea how to direct.

It felt more like Dishonored than Warhammer
>>
>>49100901
You know, I realized after hitting post that I fucked up, but life is better with these little mishaps, wabi sabi and all that shit.
>>
>>49100702
>>
>>49100467
It depends. Do you do it because you literally cannot (and do not want to) stop yourself, or do you do it because you *love* the way it feels?
>>
>>49100960
In life there are no mistakes, only happy accidents.
>>
>>49100987
-- Joseph Stalin
>>
>>49096618
>Dredd needs to go undercover
>his 'disguise' is literally just taking his helmet off

Fuck, why did I never think of that before?
>>
>>49102225
Because JUSTICE can be sneaky
>>
Guys, is everyone fucking missing that he reported to a bigger, badder inquisitor? The kid's clearly new to his position, if not his job.

There are many kind of Inquisitor. You have the mysterious puppet-masters who never show their face and manipulate things from the shadows to let their enemies webs strangle themselves; there's firebrands who's preferred method of hunting is to shoot first, ask questions later; there's psykers who inspire fear and obedience by their very presence; there's foppish fools who trick the enemy into thinking them harmless before striking; and then there's this kid. There's the kind who likes to make an example of the heretics and traitors and let them know exactly how badly they fucked up, before killing them. They're the kind who'll swiftly build a reputation as the Emperor's bloodhounds. They're more than just people who are damn good at their job; they ENJOY it and that makes them all the more terrifying for those they hunt. They're the kind of inquisitors who think nothing of collateral damage. If burning an entire hab-block and everyone in it makes the traitor afraid they're on his trail and more likely to make a mistake, he'll do it and if any innocents die, that's just more crimes his quarry is guilty of.

There's many types of inquisitors. He's one of them. Just because he doesn't sound like he's drunk a pint of gravel and tarmac and isn't built like a brick shithouse doesn't make him any less of a valid character for the 41st millennium.
>>
>>49104921
Oh and by the way... "Nothing personel?" I thought he made it pretty goddamn clear that yes, it was VERY personal. His torturing the anchorite and the snarl in his voice when he said the sentence was overdue are clear hallmarks that he takes the heretic's continued life as a personal insult.

An edgelord constantly tries to LOOK cool and swans through as if nothing moves him in the slightest. Inquisitor Marcus here, on the other hand, doesn't give a fuck how he looks. He's toying with someone who has seriously pissed him off; not simply enjoying the fact that he has power over someone, like a cat playing with a mouse. More than an execution, he wants to PUNISH through fear and pain.

In short, welcome to 40k, everyone is horrible. If you don't already know that, what rock have you been hiding under?
>>
>>49105014
40k is truly the best piece of fiction in human history, a representation of the human psyche at its best and worst at the same time.
>>
>>49105406
Not even fucking close. It's trash and both the setting and fans are so far up their own bungholes, they can french themselves.

I'm just saying the setting, in all its contradictory, screwed-up bullcrap, is broader than some people seem to give it credit for, if no more deep...
>>
>>49099279
There is nothing radical about the Inquisitor. A radical Inquisitor is someone who tries to use the warp and pacts with daemons and shit to further the Imperium's goals. The Inquisitor in the trailer tortured a guy for info and casually handed down a sentence. That's not radical for an Inquisitor, that's a Tuesday afternoon.
>>
>>49106414
Well that's fine. I'm just going off the official website information.
>>
>>49105496
he was obviously being sarcastic
>>
>>49082571
Only the amish eldar don't feed slaanesh. The craftworlders shut down their hedonism and emotions hardcore, then fell into the trap of decadence, perfectionism, and obsession.
>>
>>49070574
Dang the animation is nice and music is pretty good but FUCK they need better voice actors and better sound effects.
>>
>>49082319

My thoughts on pretty much half this thread.

"Did I just catch you _feeling_ you fucking heretic? Don't you know that emotion is the stuff of chaos, vile cur."
>>
>>49107882
He was obviously replying with that in mind.
>>
>>49072298
>sweat rag and bandage

Oh yes a filthy rag with weeks of sweat and bacterial grieving from body heat used as a bandage

Fucking Kek not to mention the 40K space jungle tyranid AIDS that could be on it
>>
>>49105014
>An edgelord constantly tries to LOOK cool and swans through as if nothing moves him in the slightest.
you are so hilariously off the mark
>>
Do you reckon a jovial inquisitor could work? Rolling around with a boisterous laugh and general good mood while still fighting heresy and traitors.

>"hoho, what's going on here guardsmen? It better not be heresy, haho, otherwise I'd have to have you all executed! Haha. Carry on gentlemen... And can you do something for me? Have a g-r-e-a-t heresy free day"
>>
>>49110740
Of course it could. The "jovial executioner/torturer/murderer" thing has been done well before.
>>
>>49110740
The Rupert
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-01-13-34-51.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-01-13-34-51.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49100702
high
>>
>>49094496
Yeah, that was a good moment. Its too bad character feels annoying and repulsive instead of fear inducing.
>>
>>49110103
To stop the blood. Better than nothing
>>
>>49110988
>I'd rather die from an infection than blood loss
>>
>>49111068
Blood loss can kill you before you get to a medic
>>
>>49084365
So space marines enjoying slaughtering heretics makes them heretics

Wew lad. I sweart to god most of you who condemn his modus operandi are fucking retards.
>>
>>49111113
>So space marines enjoying slaughtering heretics makes them heretics
Yes. That's the whole fucking point. That's why chaos is so powerful.
>>
>>49111113
lmao

Chaos is powerful because loyalists kill heretics

Jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with you retards
>>
>>49111128
You know they are doing it in the name of the Emperor right??

Killing in the name of a god is the only way to empower him you fuckwads.
>>
>>49111202
Chaos is built on emotion. Not heretics, emotion.

If you take pleasure in anything, it goes straight to Slaanesh. If you take excessive pleasure in anything, it's a giant fucking present to Slaanesh.
>>49111216
You know the Imperium used to do everything in the name of Humanity, right? Going full atheist? And you know how that didn't do shit, because the chaos gods feed on emotion, not worship?

You know how that's integral to the setting, right?
>>
>>49111225
>Not heretics, emotion
>Not heretics
That's what we've been arguing about, you dingus. Sure, emotions in some way always go to Chaos and the gods, usually never really at any appreciable level unless you're going fullbore. But that in it of itself is not heresy and not anything even the Inquisition is going to raise eyebrows at in it of itself.
>>
>>49083100
>Inquisitors do not have a grey area, they have a do and don't list.

how the fuck can someone on /tg/ be so fucking ignorant of 40k fluff
>>
>>49111280
So eating a cake and having sexual intercorse makes you a slaaneshi cultist

Wew man.

I feel like either you are baiting me super hard or you are literally autistic. On the other hand i don't see a reason why you aren't both.
>>
>>49111280
I kind of assumed that couldn't be what you were arguing, because it seemed too obvious that you wouldn't become a heretic just for feeding the chaos gods.

It does make you susceptible to them, however. And it definitely makes chaos powerful.
>>49111286
Ask >>49111216 over here.
>>49111290
Hilarious.
>>
>>49111290
this was a reply to this
>>49111225
>>
>>49111299
That's a shame. It was actually kind of funny the way it was before.
>>
>>49111306
The imperium is not some eldar bullshit. Slaanesh isn't that big of a threat to them.
>>
>>49111332
>Chaos is not a threat to the Imperium
Sure thing anon.
>>
>>49111225
>If you take pleasure in anything, it goes straight to Slaanesh. If you take excessive pleasure in anything, it's a giant fucking present to Slaanesh.

This is true but youre making it out to be a bigger deal then it is. Snorting drugs and working out would barely register for Slaanesh. Creating a new super drug and mass producing it on a hive world might get you a moments notice.

The ruinious powers arnt interested in mere human matters. They only truely care about the masters of their specific beliefs. Thats why Chaos cultist worship and curry favor. Directly dedicating and worhiping the gods helps get their notice.
>>
>>49111345
>This is true but youre making it out to be a bigger deal then it is. Snorting drugs and working out would barely register for Slaanesh. Creating a new super drug and mass producing it on a hive world might get you a moments notice.
The whole deal is that humanity is so fucking huge that it is a big deal, when all of this is taken into account. Now, yeah, one guy loving his job as a torturer isn't going to do much for Slaanesh, but it will do something (enough that people try and stamp it out -- hence the whole ecclesiarchy), and much more to the point -- they'll be prime targets for joining (or making) cults, and the like.
>>
>every single act ever empowers chaos
Good thing chaos is so incompetent
>>
>>49111371
That is pretty literally the point. It does empower chaos, but chaos is...chaotic.
>>
>>49111379
Doesnt that mske this entire argument pointless then
>>
>>49111409
Not any more than anything on this website.
>>
>>49111337
>that big of a threat

The imperium has thousands of other problems.

Lmao I swear to god this has to be some ruse.

Can you even fucking read.
>>
>>49111425
>The imperium has thousands of other problems.
And chaos is one of the biggest.

Of course I can read. Can you?
>>
>>49111431
Where do you see me denying chaos isn't one of the biggest problems u fucking autist shit.

I am saying that enjoying yourself from time to time in the shithole that is the imperium in no way empowers slaanesh even if all the people in the fucking 40k universe have some fun.

You are a fucking retard m8 I will stop replying to this. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

You know what empowers slaanesh. Read up on Fulgrim and some other shit. This is what gives power to the fucking leech. Not eating some cupcakes and then fucking your wife silly.
Ok answer me this. How many cupcakes do you have to eat in order to summon a daemonette of slaanesh.

Also would eating that amount be more of a nurgle praise because you clearly a glutton ???

So if you eat a thousand cupcakes what daemon will you summon.

This right here is your retard logic^
>>
>>49111458
>How many cupcakes do you have to eat in order to summon a daemonette of slaanesh

A million

>Also would eating that amount be more of a nurgle praise because you clearly a glutton ???

Only if the cupcakes have frosting.

>So if you eat a thousand cupcakes what daemon will you summon.

A Lesser Daemon of Diabetes.

>This right here is your retard logic^

You act like you've never heard of the Daemon Legions of Bakers Dozen.
>>
>>49111490
You know what makes you heretic though

Eating cupcakes with Astartes gene seed in them :D

Look it up it is in Black Crusade, one of the books.

My GM in Dark Heresy tempted us with some. It is said that they temporarily give you the power to regenerate at increased speeds. Though if any SM be it loyal or heretic learns of your pastry actions he would probably kill you on site.
>>
>>49111458
This is facebook-tier, anon.

>Where do you see me denying chaos isn't one of the biggest problems u fucking autist shit.
>Slaanesh isn't that big of a threat
>The imperium has thousands of other problems
Gee, I wonder.

>I am saying that enjoying yourself from time to time in the shithole that is the imperium in no way empowers slaanesh
But it does. It all feeds into the warp. It's why the Alpha Legion want to kill all of humanity in order to starve the chaos gods to death. THAT is how much they rely on humanity.
>>49111490
Holy number 13.

You could make a legit chapter out of this, if you wanted.
>>
>>49111298
>I kind of assumed that couldn't be what you were arguing, because it seemed too obvious that you wouldn't become a heretic just for feeding the chaos gods.
Perhaps I ended up skipping over the argument too much, I've been in and out of this thread as this argument has been ongoing and morphing, so perhaps that's my bad.

The original point of contention was whether Inquisitor, the Hedgehog would be seen as a heretic for his actions. Or whether any other people committing such actions would be seen as heretical. Part of the reasoning brought up then is that looks like bad juju, and bad juju leads to chaos.

But heresy is more than just dark emotions, or emotions in general. It's fairly specifically actively trying to fuck around with chaos, or whenever an Inquisitor starts getting to puritanical and starts seeing everything as actively trying to fuck around with chaos or being equivalent to. It takes more than one Inquisitor taking too long to kill a dude so he can shit on him a bit to make them a heretic.

Everyone is susceptible to chaos just for not being an emotionless automaton or a blank. People only care when it becomes an excessive thing and when they start directing that excessive emotion in praise of Chaos in any form. Not just being a dick on the regular.
>>
>>49083544
yeah they RESEARCH, but they don't FILE any reports.
>>
>>49111723

Both of those series demonstrate that at least some branches of the Inquisition do require suitable paperwork to be submitted and reviewed by peers and superiors.
>>
File: 1460261789813.png (291KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
1460261789813.png
291KB, 736x951px
>this arguing about him being a heretic
The acolyte is drunk on power and cocky so he enjoys doing his work. That doesn't really make him edgy. Does him toying around with the aristocrat instead of just shooting him in the head empower Slaanesh? Possibly but it's an insignificant amount. Especially once you compare it to all the Slaaneshi temples, cults, planets and champions who do it specifically in his name and everything is in excess. That's the power behind Slaanesh empowering.
Could such behavior lead to heresy? Until he starts tinkering with the Warp, doing it on random people just because he can and gains pleasure from it and if somehow some Slaaneshi Daemon starts slowly corrupting him, then no.
Would he get branded as a heretic for all this fucking around? Absolutely not. You guys are operating on meta knowledge, something very few Inquisitors have full knowledge of.

I'm not downplaying the Chaos, as it's without a doubt the biggest threat to the galaxy precisely because it can corrupt and twist even the most noble causes. But somebody enjoying his work will never ever lead to actual heresy, except in those instances mentioned above.
>>
>>49111774
I don't know 58mm Inquisitor, so I would be gladly educated, but while Eisenhorn spends a year looking through a planet's paperwork, and while he and Ravenor both find themselves under scrutiny from higher level Inquisitors for acts they have comitted, I am pretty sure there is never a mention of any paperwork being attached to field work or investigation
>>
>>49111866
>>49111850
huh, well there I have a clear example of a report being filed. whodathunk
>>
>>49111526
You are fucking autistic. Having fun doesn't mean you are a heretic. As long as you don't worship slaanesh you are not a heretic by having fun.

Inquisitors have the right to execute heretics in whatever way they want. Even if fucking idiots like you disagree.
>>
>>49112218
Good job, anon. You showed him!
>>
>>49112224
I apologize for the tone but I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>49112275
We moved on from that conversation though.
>>
>>49072182
If the culexus assassin dies because of his hubris and the storm trooper leaves because of how much a dick he is, then it will be well done
>>49071600
Really he reminded me more so if judge rinder but whatever
>>49071449
Become a space marine
Let a daemon prince rip your legs off
Get bionics
Chicks dig a robot dick, until they find out it was corrupted with necrodermis
>>
>>49082543
>Sentinels of terra supplement
why wouldn't they be at a parade for his majesty the emperor
>>49081112
The warp is just the reflection of the normal realm in the form of emotions. Therefore all emotions power chaos, if Nurgle besieges you he will eventually win
>>49080823
Overacting to be evil
Also inquisitors are basically lawful good, you broke the law so you will suffer for these crimes, I am the law so I will decide your crimes.
>>49080495
You do get young generals though, nepotism means the governors nephew becomes master of the armies even though he still isn't potty trained. And all the other officers being killed off probably helps
We think he's young because he looks 20ish but probably is like 300 and just has tonnes of stimm treatements (if they go with this it'll be great as reflection on the earlier scene)
Acolyte of a radical inquisitor
The portable boi pucci for a secretly heretical inquisitor who could only be placated by being raised to full inquisitor
>>49073528
Wow it's not like most movies have the introduction focusing on I don't know introducing the main character
>>49110740
The inquisitor in the uriel series was quite cool
>>49110103
>not carrying around your sanitising alchohol to kill anything living on it
>>49072258
>hey Fydor how did we get out the warp
BE QUIET DOMINIQUE
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1915x651px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1915x651px
Edginess aside, I have now a new purpose in life, and is to own this jacket.
>>
>>49113452
>inquisitors are basically lawful good
Lawful, maybe. Lawful good, not so much.

And that lawful IS a maybe. Puritans vs. radicals &c.
>>49114496
You cannot put that edginess aside.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.