[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take to kill different 40K units with real life weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 40

File: GK_Terminator2.jpg (92KB, 879x845px) Image search: [Google]
GK_Terminator2.jpg
92KB, 879x845px
I'm not implying any modern military could take any amount of 40K units. I'm just curious what it would take to kill them.

The ~inch thick carbon-titanium composite plates that scout marines wear could be compared to real life carbotanium. In that case a powerful rifle with a fmj could probably punch through it. On top of that they don't usually wear helmets and they aren't fully developed space marines so a decent sized rifle could probably kill one if it hit them in the head.

That's about as much as I could find out on my own. Other units like Space marines and Terminators use ceramite and Plasteel armor and I can't find any references to their strength. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: Titan_size_comparison_chart.png (106KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
Titan_size_comparison_chart.png
106KB, 1000x708px
Alternatively we could just work our way down and see what can be killed.

>Nukes and MOABS
Not even a Titan could survive one of these so I think we can all agree that one of these could kill any land based 40K unit.
>>
>>49063762
Patience
>>
>>49063852
I'm not sure. Spez mahrines live for a pretty long time.
>>
>>49063762
Going by the RPGs, powered armor has 10 damage negation on the chest, 8 everywhere else + 8 damage negation from being super tough motherfuckers

vs.
1d10+3 damage for a modern day assault rifle (autogun)
>>
50. Cal AP can puncture through 1" of mild steel without trouble. That is not the strongest round, but it is the strongest that can be shot well and accurately at range and most of all reliably from small arms.

My guess would be it would punch clean through the GK without doing a whole load of damage internally. Unless the GK have bodies (Not armor) strong enough to slow down the round and let it fuck up inside them instead of overpenatrating.
>>
>>49063762
Assuming Ceremite is stronger than steel, here is a guy shooting a 1 inch thick steel plate with a variety of different modern weapons from .22lr to .50 BMG armor piercing black tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtopxCjs518

>Space Marine chapters
It would be possible to take down Space Marines with conventional small arms, but you would have to use anti-material rifles/armor piercing bullets, and even unarmored SMs can take a ridiculous amount of punishment due to their natural regeneration and gene seed augmentation. IE shooting him in the heart simply means his other hearts beat a little bit harder.

>Imperial Guard
Imperial Guard might actually be the most effective thing against Earth military as IG standard lasguns are basically slightly more powerful than a 7.62x39 according to most fluff, and flak armor is stated in fluff to stop most stubber weaponry. So the IG is basically the earth military with slightly better armor and a lot more reinforcement.

Our mechanized units sans baneblades or titans would probably be better than theirs, however they can simply field far more than we ever could

>MOST IMPORTANTLY
Pretty sure most of Earth would simply join the glorious Imperium due to lack of choice and we would have to figure out why we are so untouched by Chaos
>>
File: greengrocer.jpg (17KB, 514x344px) Image search: [Google]
greengrocer.jpg
17KB, 514x344px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJRSf55zsE

>tfw you will never be led to war by Miculek and hickok45 in the Imperial Guard

Why even live?
>>
>>49063830
>The Imperium sending titans to subdue Earth
Titan legions wouldn't risk getting killed by a heretical planet with access to a massive nuclear arsenal, and I'm assuming they would scout out the planet first.
>>
>>49063920
Wouldn't the armor on the back cause it to either stop or ricochet back into the body?

>>49063972
>Pretty sure most of Earth would simply join the glorious Imperium due to lack of choice

Implying joining the Imperium is a bad thing
>>
>>49063920
>My guess would be it would punch clean through the GK without doing a whole load of damage internally.

Grey Knight Power Armor (let alone Terminator Armor) is made up of multiple layers of Ceramite and Adamantium, both of which are ridiculously stronger than conventional steel and have in-canon taken heavy stubber rounds (anywhere between 30.06 to .50cal) and done little more than blow a crater in the armor.

Space Marines are stupidly hard to kill by our standards.
>>
>>49063762
The survivability of various 40k units is really all over the place. Space Marines obviously being the big one here.

We have them surviving tank shells to the chest, but we also have them getting gunned down by a handful of homemade autoguns.

So, it depends on which 40k source material you're going by.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7MB, 2551x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7MB, 2551x1597px
>>49064019
>>
>>49064036
>>49063972
Watch the video, the .50 did NOT go through steel armor plating. So to kill a GK or even punch through its armor you would probably need kinetic perpetrators or recoil-less rifles.

I'm seeing GKs getting killed by a GAU-8 avenger cannon, the armor on them is comparable to actual tank armor.
>>
>>49063830
I feel like Void Shields may be able handle a Nuclear blast. Though I'm definitely not certain
>>
>>49064023
>Implying joining the Imperium is a bad thing
So long as they don't land, look at someone's phone and declare everyone heretics after SIRI asks them if they need assistance.
>>
File: happygrabber.jpg (33KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
happygrabber.jpg
33KB, 400x509px
>>49064093
>Speed shooting with a bolter pistol
>>
>>49063830
WWII battleships could survive direct nuclear blasts, think again.
>>
>>49063878
So it would take a crit from an assault rifle to even deal damage.
What's a heavy stubber's damage line? We'll call that a standard machine gun, just not a .50 cal monster.
>>
>>49064153
IIRC the Imperium is pretty lenient on heracy of lost human colonies provided they immediately abandon their heretical ways once the Imperium shows them the way.

>Hey! That's heretical! Stop that!
>Oh man, I had no idea. I'll stop.
>>
>>49064132
They would, see the void shields used by titans and space faring ships.
>>
>>49064023
>Implying joining the Imperium is a bad thing
Enjoy working 20 hours a day in a manufactorum
>>
>>49063878
Aren't Space Marines and power armor insane over powered in most of the RPGs even by the fluffiest of standards? Juggling Basilisks level of OP
>>
>>49064183
Depends, 40k IG autoguns are a larger caliber than the usual assault rifle rounds.
>>
>>49064132
Void shields can stop shells the size of a house, traveling a good chunk of the speed of light.
They can also survive the same thing, but made of plasma.

It all depends on how much power the shield has. The ones on starships are much more powerful, but I'd imagine it could tank a nuclear blast, provided it wasn't a direct hit.
>>
>>49064205
Fuck that shit, I'm becoming a machine priest.
>>
>>49064200
Yeah, generally fringe worlds get a chance to reform unless they're into deep heresy like Chaos shit

Admittedly, 'reform' might be 'okay, all of you who are pure, go kill everyone who did something we don't like'
>>
>>49064205
Well that depends what they'd turn the Earth into. If they demand we change anything at all that is. We might be told to demolish a bunch of our cities and become an agri world, make our cities much bigger to prepare for the fresh waves of space immigrants coming to fill HiveWorld 15,231, Korea and china got a head start there. Maybe Reinforce our planet and start conscripting because there is a Waagh coming. Our world isn't quite fucked up enough to not be considered for designation as a Pleasure world.

We're in a middle ground here and could really go in any direction.
>>
>>49064245
Even so I'm sure the hull would be fine taking a few, the crew not so much but I bet there isn't much organic parts on them to make much of a difference.
>>
>>49064177

I'm gonna need a source on that. The closest thing I've heard of is Operation Crossroads, which

Did not directly hit the targets (one of the two bombs dropped missed by over 600 meters, the other was "only" about 100 meters away from the targets when it detonated underwater)

Did sink the Arkansas, the closest BB, as well as several other ships besides.

Most importantly, these weren't hydrogen bombs. They had on the order of 20-30 kt yields, as opposed to modern warheads which pack about a thousand times that.
>>
>>49064282

The hull is probably more vulnerable than the people.

The primary amount of damage that an atomic weapon does at close range is the huge amount of air pressure that the blast creates, and how it tends to smash its way through things.

Humans are squishy and filled with water, and are surprisingly resistant, we're much more so than things like steel or concrete to overpressure.

The #1 cause of death in the 2 historical a-bombings were from buildings falling on people.
>>
>>49064245
Would....Would the Titan just be stuck in the left over crater?

Think about it. Titans aren't designed to climb and if the nuke was detonated at ground level the crater would probably be pretty deep.
Or what if the Titan got knocked onto it's back. Can Titans get back up?
Either way that's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>49064129
>Tank armor
Isn't the GAU-8 woefully inadequate against modern tank armor? IIRC, it's really meant for fucking up motorized/mechanized infantry and light vehicles.
>>
>>49064183
1d10+4 and it reduces armor on the target by 3
>>
>>49064219
>Aren't Space Marines and power armor insane over powered in most of the RPGs even by the fluffiest of standards?
No, if anything I'd say they're underpowered. Chapter Masters have solo'd Bloodthirsters, and it's pretty much not possible for an RPG space marine to become that strong without breaking the game's rules for advancement.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1426x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1426x1132px
>>49064313
It's hard to climb when your hands are guns
>>
>>49064283
I am referencing Crossroads in which there were direct hits, it was concluded the surviving crew could limp the ship back to port.
And I will note Arkansas only sank due to the waves produced from the blast.
Your statement on modernbombs is also noted however titans of certain classes and makes likely sport meters or more of ceramite and adamantite.
>>49064307
Perhaps, the biggest problem is 40k materials don;t exist, I believe adamantine was said to be solid and not malleable until it hit it's melting point.
>>49064331
Not in the least, the GAU-8 fires 30mm depleted uranium rounds at 4,200 a minute at the least armored part of the tank, the top, the Gau-8 and by extension the A-10 were design with anti-tank roles in mind.
>>
>>49064397
Can it shoot it's way out?
>>
>>49064493
Dorf fortress says Adamantine has a density of 200kg/m^3. I mean dwarf fortress and 40K basically take place in the same universe.

>>49064526
Not sure. It's so heave any ramp made by shooting would probably just be flattened.
>>
>>49064493
>30mm
Against modern tanks, 30mm barely tickles, even with that rate of fire against the top side. It might fuck treads and optics, but actually killing the vehicle and its crew will take bombs or missiles.
>>
File: 1420077212260.jpg (979KB, 3795x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1420077212260.jpg
979KB, 3795x1600px
>>49064586
Are you daft?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE
The GAU_8 is described as being lethal to tanks and all other armored vehicles, if it wasn't effective they wouldn't use it. It absolutely perforates tanks.

>58 is 30mm
>>
File: 30mm_GAU-8_Avenger_round.jpg (61KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
30mm_GAU-8_Avenger_round.jpg
61KB, 800x1067px
>>49064676
I apologize, I misscatagorized a 25mm round as a 30mm. Here is the correction.
>>
>>49064676
I'm assuming 52 and up could punch through space marine armor.
>>
>>49064493
>I am referencing Crossroads in which there were direct hits, it was concluded the surviving crew could limp the ship back to port.

There weren't direct hits at Crossroads though. Able detonated way off target, and was an airburst, which they knew was ineffective against heavily armored targets. It's that test, by the way, that you got a "seriously damaged but could limp away to port), but that's from 2 BB that were about 5-600 meters from the target.

Baker got both Arkansas and Nagato,and Arkansas was totally unrepairable: Hell, the only reason it wasn't completely sunk was that the battleship was longer than the lagoon was deep. And even those were about 200meters off. And yes, water pressure crushed the Arkansas, but in ANY hypothetical explosion trying to wreck some huge metal war machine, it's going to either be air pressure or water pressure that does the destruction; the blast itself is mostly heat and while you might melt the target, you're not going to crush it to pieces. The water pressure is much more damaging to a BB than air pressure, due to the armor being considerably heavier up top, and the wave speed actually being higher than it is in air.

A direct, point to contact hit? Way more powerful.
>>
>>49064723
Shown here is what an A-10 does to an armored target.

Also the lesser round in the previous pic is a 30.06.
>>
File: A-10_Feeds_On_Ground_Prey.jpg (201KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
A-10_Feeds_On_Ground_Prey.jpg
201KB, 640x424px
>>49064778
Fuck I forgot pic.
But damn it don't underestimate the A-10!
>>
>>49064738
I would argue that 500 meters is a direct hit, nuclear weapons are not exactly precision.
And while I will concede water pressure being the larger threat to a BB I don't believe air pressure posses a significant threat.

I would be interested in the effects of a direct blast.
>>
>>49064526
>Now, friends, we SHOOT OUR WAY THROUGH THE PLANET!
>>
>>49063762
An RPG is likely to kill a Mehreen if it hits them in the chest. It is unlikely to kill them if it strikes their shoulder pad, which tanks stuff like plasma blasts, but will leave that section of their armour in extremely poor condition.

Be aware that even if something doesn't breach the armour, Marines have been killed by pure impact force before.

They'd be extremely difficult to bring down but not impossible.
>>
>>49064676
This document:
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a522397.pdf

demonstrates rather mediocre results. Three tanks were catastrophically damaged and one damaged and silenced, but three were merely immobilized. This test also assumed the tanks had no concealment or cover, and that the tanks and their support units remained immobile. Ratio of penetrations to direct impacts was 0.35--pretty low. And these were meant to represent T-62s. T-80s and M1 Abrams would barely even notice. The tanks the GAU-8 was designed to kill went obsolete decades ago. These days, actual tank busting requires AGMs and ATGMs.
>>
>>49064883
As I recall there was a book that had SM subjugating a not-modernearth planet and they tanked RPG rounds and tore tanks open, it comes down to what kind of RPG you have I suppose, RPG-7 is shit RPG-29 is where it's at.
>>
>>49064934
>As I recall there was a book that had SM subjugating a not-modernearth planet and they tanked RPG rounds and tore tanks open
If true that's hilarious. I can see it now
>Hey Bob, nerds on the internet are saying that Modern Earth could beat the Imperium
>What? No way!
>Yeah!
>Well... LET'S HAVE THE IMPERIUM CONQUER EARTH, THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!
>>
File: 15.jpg (822KB, 860x1258px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
822KB, 860x1258px
You'd need relatively heavy weapons, like anti-armor (think like an AT-4 or RPG-27) to penetrate a Space Marine's armor (assuming its similar to that of modern Western MBT's).
>>
>>49064245
Remember that the thermal radiation from a nuclear explosion is roughly as hot as the sun.
>>
>>49064934
On the other hand, there's a book where Grey Knights get literally crushed by a ton of feudal knights charging over them.

Generally speaking, Marine armour gets pierced by stuff that clearly does not pack the punch of an RPG.
>>
>>49064934
What book is that?
>>
>>49064898
I ask you again, are you daft?
Of 174 rounds issued 90 struck the targets, now seeing as you don't know what you're talking about you must understand that the prodigious rate of fire of the GAU-8 allows only so much ammunition to be carried which is thoroughly dispensed in several seconds of firing emptying the entire payload on a select are, like a shotgun's spread, of that no known armored vehicle (at least enemy vehicles) can survive as your pdf attests (merely immobalised do you even understand what that means? that tank is done and the crew is likely dead) this is not even factoring in the bomb load of the A-10. I can not speak for it's effectiveness against the abrams as the two have never been faced on a range (to my knowledge) and the armor specs are classified.
>>
>>49064856
>I would argue that 500 meters is a direct hit, nuclear weapons are not exactly precision.

Nuclear weapons can be as precise as your aiming apparatus. They're just a payload.

From a b-29 in 1946? No, not very precise at all.

Loaded up into a modern artillery piece? You can drop one on a dime.

>And while I will concede water pressure being the larger threat to a BB I don't believe air pressure posses a significant threat.

Well, again, it is if you put it close enough and have enough force to generate enough overpressure. I'm not sure about the exact ratio of concrete to the sort of steel they use on battleships (let alone futuristic materials) but a groundburst W-78 obliterated a number of concrete bunkers about 1 km from impact site. No, it's not as good as going underwater, but air pressure can still fuck you up lots, if you've got enough of it.
>>
>>49065028
I do not recall.
>>49064990
40k is not known for consistency.
>>
>>49065167
But is precision necessary?
>>
>>49064898
>but three were merely immobilized.
>merely
>immobilized

The types of things that physically immobilize tanks are the types of things that royally fuck up the crew in the process.

Also, mission-kills are pretty damned good too.
>>
>>49063762
If it bleeds it can die, the real question is if we would be still alive after killing them.
>>
>>49064898

>were merely immobilized

Tank is now nothing more than a weak gun emplacement, crew is dead.

Shame we only immobilised them, what a terrible result.
>>
>>49065187

Well, that depends on your usage.

If you're aiming it at a hypothetical superweapon that has futuristic armor unknown to modern science, it might just be. Square-cube law means that blast damage falls off sharply.
>>
File: Ciaphas Cain.jpg (458KB, 883x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas Cain.jpg
458KB, 883x1169px
>>49064205
>implying there aren't far better worlds
You need to travel the Imperium more.
>>
>>49065329
I'm not gay. I would never fuck a dude. A girl wearing a Ciaphas Cain mask on the other hand...
>>
>>49063972
>So the IG is basically the earth military with slightly better armor and a lot more reinforcement
>talking about a group who bum rushes a fortified position.
>>49063762
>any modern military could take any amount of 40K units.
>implying that the modern military wouldn't absolutely crush an imperial guard regiment
>>
>>49065327
True.
>>
>>49065364
>knows nothing about the IG the post
>>
>>49065349
>I'm not gay. I would never fuck a dude. A girl wearing a Ciaphas Cain mask on the other hand...
Replace "fuck a dude" with "fuck a girl" & you would have convinced me that Amberly posts on /tg/.
>>
File: sob_44.png (56KB, 544x554px) Image search: [Google]
sob_44.png
56KB, 544x554px
>>49065349
>>49065414
>>
>>49065100
>no known armored vehicle
The test clearly demonstrates that several vehicles were not "catastrophically damaged." An immobilized vehicle is also not necessarily combat-ineffective, as an immobile tank is still a heavily armored pillbox. Also, note that out of those hits, only 35% actually penetrated, which is shoddy performance no matter which way you spin it.

>bomb load
You discussed the GAU-8. At no point did I say that bombs were ineffective. In fact, an earlier post straight up said that bombs and missiles would be more effective against tanks. One tank received 6 significant impacts out of 12 total, and all of those were described as minor (5% M-kill, 10% F-kill). One tank received 3 "insignificant impacts" and nothing else. One tank also suffered an M-kill purely from a destroyed fuel tank. Repair that and it's back in business.

The test described the GAU-8 as effective against tanks "similarly" armored to the T-55, -62, etc. And mind you, this test was already tilted in favor of the A-10 due to immobile targets who lacked cover and concealment. Mobile targets would likely record fewer hits and penetrations, especially if they were sensible and sought cover/concealment.

Also remember that this was the 1970s. Modern MBTs with modern support units would have a very different fate, especially since they would likely be faster, better-armored, and be backed up by better AAA, MANPADS, and sensors. Those 30mm rounds are slightly bigger than a Bradley's rounds, and those would likely do little against an M1 or T-80.

>>49065198
I'll concede that. 70% mission kills is fucking great, and it achieved good F-kills.
>>
File: Z_graves_01.jpg (170KB, 940x681px) Image search: [Google]
Z_graves_01.jpg
170KB, 940x681px
>>49065364
>any modern military could take any amount of 40K units.
>implying that the modern military wouldn't absolutely crush an imperial guard regiment

yeah no,
>>
>>49063920
Bolters are 20mm, well actually 19.05 mm but same difference, and they don't always penetrate power armor with hits despite being made of heavier super-material and having super-propellant.

Anything less then a Autocannon and you're not gonna do jack to a marine in power armor.
>>
>>49065167
The concept of artillery born nukes is long since dead, they have to be put in missiles not launched as shells now.
>>
>>49064984
Shouldn't be a problem in the 40th millenium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_(tank)#Nuclear_tests
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>49065551
How many Krak Grenades do we need?
>>
>>49065554

True, but it's a practical problem, not a theoretical one, born out of the fact that guided munitions are even more accurate, and it's not like you're going to worry too much about cost per shot when firing an atomic weapon.

I'm not hugely familiar with 40k, but given the relative lack of guided munitions, I always assumed there was some kind of mega-ECM floating around everywhere, hence the idea of a gun delivered nuke.
>>
>>49064990
>>49064934
On the other hand there's a book where the Blood Angels run a train on on your mother, don't bother asking for the title of the book, or any further information though, that's unimportant.
>>
>>49065464
>and those would likely do little against an M1 or T-80
Scratch this, I forgot about Gulf War reports of Bradley-on-Abrams friendly fire. A GAU-8 could fuck up an Abrams if it hit the rear engine grille. But that just brings up the question of what the fuck the Abrams and its support units are doing to let the A-10 get in that position with an effective angle of attack.
>>
>>49065554
Except we actually did make artillery-launched nukes, and planned to deploy them across Germany for WW3 against the Soviets. We even designed a nuclear shell to be launched from the Iowas.

Unless you're just talking about practicality, in which case yeah missiles are the best, especially for MAD.

>>49065661
>I always assumed there was some kind of mega-ECM floating around everywhere, hence the idea of a gun delivered nuke
More that anything needing cogitators are in the hands of the Mechanicus, and even they are wary about computers going full Men of Iron on them.
>>
>>49064331
>>49064493
>>49064586
>>49064676
Don't quote me on this but I've heard that the US millitary is retiring the A-10/GAU-8 because it's not effective enough.
>>
>>49065681
I remember that book. It's the same one where your dad deepthroats the Swarmlord.
>>
>>49063830
Titans could withstand a nuke. I think you under estimate the reason for having a Titan, as they are literally walking wmds that can survive a barroom brawl with other wmds.

Apart from having anti missile defence capabilites, their void shields would absorb the icbm. While multiple missiles in quick succession would overwhelm the point defences and the shields the land around it would be a wasteland and uninhabitable for centuries.
>>
>>49065661
Tau get guided shit, smart missiles are pretty prominent in their armoury, some muhreen AA tanks as well, but on the whole the imperium's tech is run by people whose idea of innovation is adding a verse to the holy "turn machine on" rituals so the lack of guided missiles is 100% down to them losing the ability to mass produce that shit many millennia ago (for the rest Eldar prefer space magic over computers to guide their shots, chaos is imperium tech+demons, nids fire living bugs, orks are stupid, necrons have teleportation shenanigans so don't care too much), not that smart missiles don't exist.
>>
>>49064397
That when you just blast a new path.

Where there are no roads you make new ones.
>>
>>49065719
There were proposals to retire the A-10, partly due to obsolescence and partly due to the fact that its parent company is defunct and production of new airframes and parts is impossible. However, last I heard, the Air Force was unable to properly convey (or unable to convince Congress) why the A-10 was ineffective, why it needed replacement, and what would replace it.

But if you really think about it, the A-10 really is due for retirement. It's too slow and low-flying attacks have long since been rendered obsolete by modern MANPADS. Its electronics are obsolete and replacement would be horrendously expensive. Modern tank-busting and CAS are more effectively provided by PGMs, which can be carted around by F-16s, F-15Es, and F-35s, all of which still have operating parent companies and likely functioning logistical chains. A-10 airframes are also allegedly old and very worn out, and the cost of replacing all of them would be astronomical since you'd need new factories, new machinery, and more workers. Also, aren't A-10s incompatible with some of the Air Force's bombs or missiles?
>>
>>49065892
Most of those points are moot when any CAS it's likely to fly in the foreseeable future is against durkhas with some toyota technicals as their armour, even if Iran gets put back on the table they'll make mincemeat out of T-72 and BMPs. Which is why the Air Force was unable to persuade congress to allow them to spend more money on some shiny new toys.
>>
>>49064272
Earth would definitely be a pleasure planet (Our Earth, not Holy Terra).

We have lush forests, a breathable atmosphere, friendly wildlife, bountiful food, mild winters and cool summers, and pre-existing infrastructure. You literally could not get a better pleasure world.
>>
>>49066031
The problem is, how long can the US keep them flying? The airframes can't hold up forever and there are a finite number of spares to cannibalize. And what happens if shit hits the fan? What if Chinese and/or Russian brinkmanship escalate into war? Sure, the US could probably stomp both with ease as-is, but the A-10 would still suffer badly. The Gulf War already demonstrated that the A-10 could not keep up with the demands of then-modern warfare.
>>
>>49063762
Scout:
>Any decent gun can punch through it with fmj otherwise Aim for the head, or exposed limbs. Or grenades. Anything would work

Space Marine:
>Heavily armored. I would assume it would take at least 20mm to even scratch it. If that. Grenades would not be useful, except maybe flashbangs? I think the eye holes are vulnerable, but doubtful. A rocket launcher should damage it. I also think that any explosion hitting the head would at least incapacitate the space Marine? Just from shaking the head around.
An anti tank gun would probably take their head off though.

Rhino
>anti tank, might penetrate, same for rockets. If not I would kick it up to the next minimum 40mm ammo. Depleted uranium rounds for extra oomph. Any tank with a 120mm would probably blow it up bonus for using anything piercing.

Land raider:
>Small arms worthless, a tank might bust it if it had a strong enough armor piercer. Aircraft could drop anti tank bombs to take care of it. Might take a few though. The 150mm+ artilleries might be strong enough to crack the armor too.

Imperial knights
>Maybe the tanks could deal with it. Not sure

Titans:
>Long range missile barrages, artillery, and if that didn't work, a nuke would finish the job...I don't see it moving much after being nuked, at the least the drivers would be dead from radiation poisoning. But it seems like a last resort since it would screw up the planet.

Of course the imperium could just destroy us with their superior firepower, manpower, and access to space...
>>
>>49066184
f course the imperium could just destroy us with their superior firepower, manpower, and access to space...

Russian cosmonauts used to have guns. Shotgun>Imperium fleet.
>>
>>49066184
Oh and terminators..
>Anti tank rounds for sure or just a tank itself. Plus anything bigger. Obviously
>>
>>49066184
>nukes and titans
Wouldn't Warlord and Imperator void shields keep such Titan models safe? Also, why would the AdMech build machines without radiation protection? If a Titan can be built to withstand virus bombardments and the ensuing firestorms (HH: Galaxy in Flames), then surely it can be built with a sensible amount of radiation protection.
>>
>>49066122
Well until they physically can't keep them flying anymore then the airforce wont get any money to replace them. In case of war with Russia or China they wouldn't send the A-10 on missions until after the initial stomping had happened and mopping up pockets of resistance was all that was left, which is also probably the phase of war that most of the CAS will be needed in, certainly in the case of China where no ground invasion will happen until after the war had been all but decided, in Russia Europe will have to deal with CAS without A-10s for a while but Russian ground based AA is legitimately top of the world so no plane will be that effective until after the back of their army has been broken. And all that is only if it somehow stayed a conventional war rather than being a case of lobbing ICBMs at each other.
>>
>>49066254
..can't deny that watching Boris drunkenly scream in Russian while shooting the drones or scouts who board the space station.

>глyпo гaллюцинaция ocтaвить Бopиca oднoгo
>>
>>49064219
I don't know a huge amount about the rules for DW and such, but in the Ultramarines novels a marine lifts a laden truck out of a ditch without any appreciable effort. Not even sure he was wearing his armour.
>>
>>49066285
I would guess the Titans shields are designed to block radiation and other toxic elements but if the shields were bombarded by missiles and failed, the nuclear explosion would tear it up, and possibly cause a tear in the Titan in which the radiation would penetrate the machine. At the least, it would be irradiated and the heat from the blast should fuck it up somewhat.
>>
File: Actual Cosmonaut gun.jpg (48KB, 750x360px) Image search: [Google]
Actual Cosmonaut gun.jpg
48KB, 750x360px
>>49066344
Checkmate God-Emperor.
>>
>>49066031
I wonder why we don't just use turboprops for dealing with CAS against low-tech targets.

They're fast enough to avoid shitty dumb-fire AA that those guys have anyways. They're cheap as fuck relative to A-10s or any more modern multirole fighter. And it gives an excuse to bring Bearcats and Tigercats back.
>>
QQ. Are machine spirits actually real in the 40K universe?
>>
>>49066274
I'm not sure we have anything that can get through terminator armour, and that includes direct hits from a tank.

Of course, that depends on if you go by RPG rules or by wargame rules. By wargame rules we don't have anything except experimental weapons below AP3, and even that is pushing it (is a modern rocket launcher on the same level as a 40k one?).
>>
If its just one branch of the imperiums navy it wouldn't be to bad minus their navy, earth can't touch that shit for a long time. IG would fall to modern military tactics since they don't have a huge access to air superiority fighters because the navy is to paranoid to send the planes down leaving them at half strenght, SMs would fall to being overwhelmed.
>>
>>49066356
He was and he deadlifted the back of it out of the mud.
>>
File: assasin.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
assasin.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
how would you even kill this thing
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 641x230px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 641x230px
>>49066344
>>
>>49066511
I'm pretty sure just a pistol could kill her. She's not wearing particularly strong armor and is just a normal human.
>>
>>49066431
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Machine_Spirit

Maybe. They could exist, and be one or more of several things. Or maybe it's all bullshit.
>>
New question. You have an infinite number of normal men with bats vs 1 space marine without armor or weapons. How many until space marine dies?
>>
>>49066561
I'm going to err on the side of "You'll need to suffocate him with bodies" so... lets say two thousand as long as they're fanatically devoted.
>>
>>49066511
Aim center-mass and keep shooting.

>>49066542
"normal" human being relative, she's enhanced and trained to Eldar-tier in terms combat skill and mobility
>>
>>49066602
Most of them would probably be too intimidated by his 12" Imperium dong to fight.
>>
>>49064526
It's fucking 40k. Of course it can!
>>
>>49066658
Do space marines have magnum dongs? One would assume they grow in proportion with the rest of them

>Keep it safe boys, this is a Christian board.
>>
File: 300px-Sevatar.jpg (57KB, 300x342px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Sevatar.jpg
57KB, 300x342px
i bet this nig and a few of his battle brothers will force everyone to capitulate
>>
>>49064570
Then just shoot another ramp until you've flattened your way to the plains?
>>
>>49066685
This question has come up before. Usually in regards to marines having families. There is a BL book, I forget which, which describes them as "large by any standard by which a man can be measured", or something along those lines.
>>
File: 1302274423060.png (155KB, 509x535px) Image search: [Google]
1302274423060.png
155KB, 509x535px
>>49065364
>>
>>49066658
>>49066685
>>49066741
Fujoshis please go.
>>
>>49066741
I remember reading somewhere about space marine aspirants who fail the trails can just go home. Even if they have most of the SM implants. Lucky bastards.
>>
>>49066542
Assassin synth-skin is actually pretty damn bullet proof, it doesn't favor armor as much as maximum flexibility, but when you have a entire galactic economy being behind the armor of elites hundreds strong at best, secondary traits can get super impressive.

Also lol at normal humans, Imperial Assassins do insane shit like move in actual bullet time fairly often, like the one in the Night Lords who was dodging bullets without eyes or the noobish Vindicare who shot another bullet out of the air.

The only way for a modern army to kill an Assassin is just massed bombardment for a good several minutes because these guys are fucking crazy in terms of dodging.
>>
>>49064071
eh it all kinda fits in really.
The chest plate and Pauldrons are thick rounded peices of armour that would legitimately take dedicated anti tank weapons to breach.
but there are weakpoints in joints or the eye holes that could be breached by a high can powered rifle and be found perhaps semi reliably if you and a bunch of your mates start emptying your magazines into the marine at close range.
>>
>>49066852
>space marine aspirants who fail the trails can just go home. Even if they have most of the SM implants.

Not if they have the implants. If you make it to Implant stage, you either become a Chapter Serf or you get killed in the process of training.

Space Marine training is pretty damn brutal.
>>
>>49066517
It says:
Silly hallucinations leave Boris alone

I wouldn't use Google translate though..
>>
>>49064272
usually planets just keep doing what they can. We'd be a civilised world that tithes regiments and basic manufactured goods.

A global "retooling" wouldn't be worth the effort of bothering.

plus side is we'd get world peace one way or another. The imperium doesn't like civil wars.
>>
>>49066911
But can they dodge a wrench?
>>
>>49067209
I could of sworn I remember reading that they usually would go back to their home planets where the people would revere them as saints.
>>
>>49063830
You forget that titans have things called void shields and regularly bombarded with nuke scale weapons.
>>
>>49067352
That could be ones that (nonlethally) flunk out before any implantation. Once they start plugging shit in, you are chapter property.
>>
>>49063972
>Our mechanized units would be better

Lol, no they wouldn't. No modern day tank has the same armour/caliber as a russ tank sans for maybe some extreme artillery peices gun wise. Adamantium plating is going to swallow your HEAT rounds like flies hitting a steel wall.
>>
>>49065661
Imperium does have guided weapons. Most large scale missles have servitor pilots hard wired inside. Also, things like the machine spirit in the Hydra and Drop pods either assist with aiming or like with drop pods and sentry turrets, automatically target the closest unit.
>>
>>49064129
From what I can gather the GAU-8 is comparable to the avenger gating cannon, which is strength 7(?) ap 3. So you would need one of those to reliably put holes in a space marine in power armor. This is assuming however that these two guns are the same however.
>>
>>49067431
Actually according to games workshop the big ass battle cannon in a leman Russ is a 120mm smoothbore cannon.

Bringing that into perspective...apart from armor the cannons would be equal in strength. And I believe earth humans would stand a very good chance.

Actually assuming all of our tanks on earth are sporting 125mm cannons (the standard) we would dominate tank battles.

Bringing it into perspective, the world's armies all have tanks with cannons equal or stronger than battle cannons.
>>
>>49067431
imperial armpur ia good but not that good. A russes battle cannon is comparable to ours and performs comparably against a russ as our tanknguns vs our tanks.

We're going to need stuff like our APFDS 120mm rounds to damage a russ. But they'll likely do it. Perhaps not as reliably as theirs against our tanks (they use admantium penetrators instead of DU for example)
>>
>>49066455
The Navy has never been reluctant too provide aur support. Ita literally one of their major roles. If the guard need it they'll get it.
The airwar will probably nudge in the imperiums favour. Their planes are of comparable speed and likely agility (though imperial stuff is more brute forcing it with vector thrusting than clever aerodynamics) but imperial planes are more heavily armed and armoured as well as flying significantly higher (or just straight up into space) and further than ours.
We don't have anything that could deal well with high altitude bombers dropping from orbit already above their target, we could maybe try some anti satalite missiles if we notice quickly enough but their warheads aren't likely to be much threat too some something like a marauder.
>>
>>49067668
Adding to this
The earthshaker cannon is 132mm

Bolter is .75 caliber roughly 19mm
Heavy bolter is 1.0 caliber or around 25mm
>>
File: download (3).jpg (9KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9KB, 281x179px
>>49067668
Yeah no, GW and FW have just shat out numbers but lore wise in terms of scale, look at the size of a guardsmen to a Battle cannon. Unless you are telling me that each guardsmen is about 3-4 ft tall, the russ main battle cannon isnt a 120mm smooth bore. Also, 125 isnt the standard, its 120mm. Even development for larger cals bumped up to 130&140mm were dropped on projects like the k2 black panther.
>>
File: GIAT 120mm FERe-1.jpg (71KB, 646x507px) Image search: [Google]
GIAT 120mm FERe-1.jpg
71KB, 646x507px
>>49068007
For comparison
>>
>>49068007
the minis aren't truescale.

The tank guns are enlarged with heroic scale just like guardsmen gun or head.
>>
>>49068216
The minis ARE true scale. The only things that arent are guardsmen and xenos. Vehicles are all scaled to SM height. So if anything, The russ should be BIGGER in that picture.
>>
>>49068255
lol wot? the only true scale minis GW makes are the LoTR ones.

A russ mini isn't true scale. It should be obvious since the smaller guns on the tanks are the same size as the same gun on the heroic scale infantry.
>>
File: 2.jpg (166KB, 1000x840px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
166KB, 1000x840px
>>49065364
I bet that guardsmen took the propaganda to heart.
>>
>>49068007
Lore wise it's a 120mm cannon it's been scaled up to heroic scaling, to make it look bigger and better.

As
>>49068216
>>49068403
Said their not true scaled they only does lotr that way.

Also the tiny stub ass battle cannon might be thick, but it's super short, and it's still 3 meters long. An imperial guardsman model is pretty close in height to that cannon. So either it's heroic scale or imperial guardsmen are bigger than ogryns
>>
>>49066511
A death cult assassin? Shoot it while it's distracted on thinking how to kill you in the bloodiest possible way. They're not very tough. Just regular humans in fetish gear and some equipment that favors mobility over protection.
>>
>>49066091
Well you could. There are pleasure worlds so serene and peaceful and easy to survive in that over the course of their isolation during the Age of Strife their human inhabitants evolved to be so calm and laid back that they're very presence and bearing relaxes those around them.

Earth is shit tier relative to many pleasure worlds. You got unstable tectonic plates, volcanoes, the weather is all over the fucking place, The oceans and that one desert takes up too much god damn space, not enough fresh water. You have one descent sized forest and we already fucked up half of it. Small animals are all poisonous shits and big animals are all territorial for no reason. Fuck Earth.
>>
>>49067252
>The imperium doesn't like civil wars.
Imperium doesn't give a damn about a planets internal politics as long as it gets it's Tithe. Best case scenario is breadbasket countries get turned into no conflict zone and then every single country has a battle royal in Africa over who gets to be leader of the world.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>49069191
>every single country has a battle royal in Africa over who gets to be leader of the world.

And American dominance continues
>>
assuming a tactical marine standing out in the open we have defensive stats of T4 and armor 3+

T4 is better than a human, but still woundable by weapons as it is still "possible" to wound them with S1 weapons, only the amount needed is changed

AV3+ is the hard part, assuming that a autoguns are in the same ball park as all small arms, then you would need to shoot them in a ridiculous amount before inflicting enough cumulative damage to stop one, and since a model being removed from combat doesnt necessarily mean killed, he may simply have had a bullet lodged in his eye, but still able to fight another day, it is also ridiculous to assume that a space marine will stand still long enough will sufficient fire is placed

.50 BMG, which is similar to a heavy stubber S4, would be more likely to stop a marine in the event of a penetration, but AP6 means that armor is still proof against it, and will only be downed by an eventual lucky shot, in practice, the immobility of a HMG squad may actually be more vulnerable as their gun is too heavy to move

moving out of small arms territory, we have things like the LAW, which can assume to be similar to a krak grenade, only has an AP of 4, and so still cannot penetrate their armor reliably, but at S6, will very likely seriously injure the wearer in the event that a weakpoint is hit, with only 1 shot per tube, using such a weapon is an act of desperation, as even a well-trained individual will, assuming a space marine out in the open, only have a 1-in-5 chance of delivering a knock out blow

the use of a specialized anti tank weapon, such as an AT4 or javelin, is the smallest weapon you can use to ensure a reliable kill, although man-portable AT weapons may cause grievous injury to an astartes, they should be used as a last resort
>>
>>49069226
Probably, until they got put against an army of Japan's highly sophisticated sex droids with 76 different sex toys and over 40,000 different positions.

Bahaha silly Americans you fall to our superior fetishes.

Japan is already controlled by slaanesh.
Hell slaanesh learned some things from Japan.
Actually slaanesh is probably afraid of Japan.

Japan is probably the only force capable of defeating slaanesh.

I can't picture it, because the image of a Japanese porn star out fetishbaiting slaanesh on its home turf is completely censored
>>
>>49069191
>Imperium doesn't give a damn about a planets internal politics as long as it gets it's Tithe
well yes.
given our tech level and the way things are organised they're going to want to use us for refined materials and manufacturing as well as a supply of regiments for the guard. Infighting is just going to waste potential soldier and resource tithes the imperium could use.
>>
>>49064254
>I'm becoming a machine priest.
enjoy having your dick/vagina removed and replaced with a USB port/dongle
>>
>>49069111
>Earth
>Not bad enough to be a death world
>Not good enough to be a pleasure world
Meh, I could see us giving up large chunks of India or China as human tithes
>>
>>49069840
>given our tech level and the way things are organised they're going to want to use us for refined materials and manufacturing
>The return of manufacturing jobs en masse to everyone on earth
MAKE EARTH GREAT AGAIN
>>
I always saw it as:

>Penetrating standard IG/Carapace Armor
Modern assault rifle (5.46/7.62) could do this

>Penetrating Power Armor
.50 Cal minimum

>Penetrating Terminator Armor
modern anti-tank missiles
>>
>>49069941
>Standard IG armor
>5.56-7.62
Wrong their standard issue tissue t-shirts would at most take a .22
>>
>>49069969
>>49069941
.556 green tips would probably penetrate IG flak armor
7.62x39 would probably penetrate flak armor at medium range

The problem is that Earth has no orbital defenses, they could literally just exterminaus us from orbit
>>
>>49069969
in DH, a standard flak jacket is proof against stubbers of all shapes and sizes
>>
>>49069840
The Imperium is home to over a million worlds many of which would outstrip our abilities in producing certain resources because they specialize. Who cares if some civilized world is having a hick up in terms of whose running things? There are orks attacking a forge world that produces a hundred times more manufactured goods then it does. If it gets in the way of their Tithe they'll just Virus bomb us and restock us with nobles and Hiveworld laborers
>>
>>49063830
Void Shields.
>>
>>49070028
>standard flak jacket is proof against stubbers of all shapes and sizes
As is Kevlar armor, but our engineers have created all sorts of fun ways to get through it
>>
>>49069969
>>49069941
>>49070009

Incorrect. According to the 40k RPGs, average solid-projectile firearms are comparable to an M4 carbine or M16 assault rifle, with variance ranging to AK-47 or modern German automatics like the G36C.

The .50 cal equivalent would be a heavy stubber, and heavy stubbers rank at Pen 3, max, according to the RPGs. Power armor weighs in at 8 AP. Guard Flak weighs in at 4 AP.

Imperial Guard flak armor is more protective and objectively lighter than anything we can produce on Earth today.

It IS, however, not enough to protect from sheer concussive force, concentrated fire, or armor-piercing rounds. Manstopper bullets (armor-piercing bullets) rank in at giving Pen 3 to any solid-projectile weapon loaded with them, and most standard rifles like Lasguns and Autoguns (automatic rifles like the AK-47 or M16) rank in at doing 1d10+3 damage. 1d10+3 Pen 3 is enough to bypass armor's protection and seriously fuck a guy up on a good damage roll.

In other words, the armor is solid, but guns are nasty motherfuckers in general - and they only get worse when you scale up to bolters, meltas, plasma guns and other such weapons.

The wargame does not account for the minute details like this, so they get fuzzy.
>>
>>49070098
>The wargame does not account for the minute details like this,

They have, in the sense that you roll for a save (that automatically fails on a 1) rather than just getting a blanket protection.
>>
>>49070081
at AV5+ vs a heavy stubbers AP6, you actually have a non-zero chance of surviving a hit from a .50 BMG, that is actually impressive by modern standards

in DH, a heavy stubbers max damage is about halved by guard flak armor, giving you a 50/50 chance of death, which is good compared to a 100% chance of death
>>
>>49070168
They also operate on a much larger scale than single-person to single-person engagements or squad-level combat tactics, which the RPG's combat mechanics are largely meant for.

It's the tiny shit that makes or breaks a fight in the RPGs, and really, blanket protection under those conditions makes sense, with GM fiat on standby to rule out obvious problems on a case-by-case basis.
>>
Firstly, people really take flak and carapace armor that guardsmen and scouts wear waaaay too much for granted. That shit is strong and even Flak can stand up to FMJ's. The Imperium is so fucking crazy advanced too that you can even get shit like Flak spray-cans, where you can spray a cotton A-Shirt and turn it into flak armor for a period of time- the Imperium's version of aerosol cans can turn your T-shirt into somebody able to stop shrapnel and fucking bullets.

You're going to need big damn bullets, high caliber, high velocity, FMJ, to even have a chance of penetrating Carapace and even that's not likely to work all that well.

Power Armor on the other hand laughs off almost everything like nobody's business. Bullets, everything from .22lr to .50bmg, are god-damned useless and just ping off it uselessly. You need high caliber, powerful autocannons to tear through power armor.20mm, 30mm, and with repeated hits. A bolter is basically a scarier version of the M230. Sure they're 19mm, not 30mm, but the bolter is so powerful it actually comes out ahead, and that's not even mentioning hypersonic bolt shells. Which power armor can also tank. I'd settle for nothing less than an FGM-148 Javelin with a direct hit, and that's if it's able to even lock on. Ceramite has stupidly good thermal dampening properties which can make Space Marines a pain in the ass to see in infrared. Absolutely by no means is .50 rifles even pose much of a lethal threat to them at all, and I doubt anti-tank rifles would have much effect either given how shitty they are compared to bolters.

Also, any good 'Guard regiment shits all over our modern military. Leman Russes are fucking stupid when it comes to how durable they are, and their cannons are a terrifying amount of overkill. A Conqueror cannon has around 4 GIGAjoules of kinetic energy.
>>
>>49070494
>B-but m-m-my modern hfy..
>>
>>49069936
With India we could make ourselves invaluable by providing the Administratum with all the tech support they'll ever need.
>>
>>49070641
>In thick Indian accent
>Hello this is Mallus Herrior how may I help you
>>
>>49065892
That was a good dinner, I wonder if that little shit wants to keep going when he's clearly wrong.
>But if you really think about it, the A-10 really is due for retirement.
That's what they thought the first time.
>>
>>49070641
>providing the Administratum with all the tech support they'll ever need.
And they were known as the Adeptus GeekSquadius. The legendary forces called by the Tech Priests when all of their oils, chanting, and incense burning did nothing to calm the angry machine spirits. Giving radical, borderline heretical instructions and ceremonies.
>>
>>49064245
>The ones on starships are much more powerful, but I'd imagine it could tank a nuclear blast, provided it wasn't a direct hit.

Nukes in space aren't incredibly efficient. There's no blast wave, which actually comprises a lot of the potential structural damage a nuke can cause in atmo, and would have to rely instead of thermal shock entirely. Realistically I don't see the damage being objectively more than a lance strike or two, and definitely not more than a 200 ft. long plasma torpedo.
>>
>>49066410

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano#United_States

Nothing much really came of it, but it's a neat idea.

There's also a bizarre story floating around about how the former CEO of Blackwater tried to secretly provide a private mercenary air force to (I believe) South Sudan using militarized Cessnas. Apparently it's this guy's life dream to own his own air force and he's done a lot of exceedingly shady shit to make it happen.
>>
I think the real question will be: can we survive an Ork invasion?

are our weapons powerful enough to give them a good fight?
>>
>>49070494
>>49070098
when you sit down and think about it, even a modest force is going to do a lot of damage if they make it to the 21st century
>>
>>49069191
Leader of the world would probably be an asian country since the Imperium is far more collectivist than individualist.
>>
>>49071236
Not that sure about a good fight, but unless its a full fledged Waaagh! we could do something.
>>
>>49065892
Problem is though is that they don't have anything to replace it with, nothing atleast that can stay around the combat zone as long as the A-10. F-35 doesn't carry enough ordinance and has no where near the same amount of gun ammo.
>>
>>49071236
Depends on the size and if EVERYONE on Earth bands together against it, which is doubtful. It wouldn't be a unified front, and therefore the Orks would probably get a foothold in certain areas of the world, much like on Armageddon, but instead of us being a world of surly badasses where everyone gets a tank, we have our world. We'd most likely end up fucked, or at least parts of the world would be uninhabitable because of the Orks/Feral Orks after the initial invasion.
>>
>>49069881
Sounds like an improvement
>>
>>49073166
Orks land anywhere in Africa or south America, it would be over. They would get too much time to build up. No nation would green light the leveling of countries by nukes it would take to clear all spores.
>>
>>49073211
>No nation would green light the leveling of countries by nukes it would take to clear all spores.
And why not?
>>
>>49073211
Honestly, that point you bring up is evidence towards why if Orks landed ANYWHERE we wouldn't be able to stop them. If they landed anywhere populated they'd spore up the whole place before we could kill them all and we'd have the moral dilemma of nuking an urban area to rid us of the recurring WAAAAGHs of Feral Orks. If they land somewhere in Africa, then the African nations won't be able to tide them off and they'll get a huge foothold and it'd be impossible, without irreparably damaging the planet, to destroy that amount of land to rid us of all of the taint they've left on the continent.
>>
What you faggots are all forgetting is that a single Space Marine can take on a modern infantry division. WITH EASE (5:40).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X8dB8648VI

>inb4 hurr durr RPG is not canon
If you don't know who Alan Merrett is, then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>49071236
>>49072832
>>49073166
>>49073211
Not really. You have to remember most Ork attacks are minor and put down by the Guard, whose Regiments can vary in quality from literally bolt action rifles out of WWI to USMC to Vostroyans. Most Orks aren't dangerous, and minor Warbosses would probably get their asses taken out by ICBM's (non nuclear) so long as they didn't have a space ship. Although even if they had a ship, we might kill so many of them that they would fly off, or completely drain it of crew leaving a derelict hulk.

But of course larger WAAAGHS!?, we'd be fucked.
>>
>>49073216
Be honest with yourself. We'd have people literally protesting that we should making peace with the Orks.
>>
>>49073258
Well, i know a few people that wouldn't mind sharing a few beers with an Ork
>>
>>49073239
>Most Orks aren't dangerous
Uplifting Primer aside, most Boys are described as superhuman. Strong as or stronger than a marine. Tough as or Tougher. Plus spores. Plus the fact we are dealing with a threat no one in power on our planet understands.
Plus this >>49073258
Our specuies wouldn't exterminate them on sight, we would try to study them at least because it's a first contact scenario. We'd give them ample time to prepare.
>>
>>49073216
It also wouldn't do any good.
Spores travel by the wind too.
Even if we nuked a country, we couldn't guarantee we would have purged the spores.
>>
>>49073232
assuming a space marine and imperial guardsman are standing at optimum range from each other and are firing
a space marine will kill 0.88 guardsmen per round of shooting, while a guardsman will kill 0.11 marines per round of shooting

this puts the guardsman to space marine ratio at roughly 10-1 in terms of pure shooting
>>
>>49073324
Please don't tell me you are basing this off tabletop rules.
>>
>>49073324
But if he can take on a whole division, that he means he can also face the divisions heavy weapons and survive. ATGMs? Apparently no big deal.
>>
>>49073291
It doesn't matter how strong they are when you have the god Howitzer on your side. Most Orks are retarded dipshits with little in the way of protection from artillery strikes. It's the ones who do and practice combined arms that you need to be scared of.

>>49073311
Feral Orks aren't much of a problem. Everybody would need to start carrying something like a high caliber hunting rifle though.
>>
>>49073231
I'm saying in a developed country, the military would respond almost immediately. The few orks that land shoot at the responding fighters. Military makes a crater out of the landing craft.

Africa: 200 little girls were abducted and used as sex slaves by our version of chaos cultist. Everyone knew where they were but even neighboring countries refused to let any military forces cross borders to rescue them. They STILL haven't caught them. Orks land in that area you can guarantee there is a continent-threat waaagh grown before other countries say fuck diplomacy and trespass into countries to fight.
>>
>>49073350
Well, but thanks to their sheer resilence they would be able to crawl back to one of their painboys unless completly desintegrated by the blast or turned to a pulp of gore.

But yeah, constant artillery strikes and air strikes would be one of the best ways to deal with orks. That and always having an armored column inbetween the Orks and the artillery.
>>
>>49073350
You do realise that use of combined arms is part of their genetics right? Feral Orks only lack the tools, not the ability.
You really think scavenging enough Gubbins on our world would present a problem?
And like I said, our species would give them amplke time to prepare, because we would try to exhaust every possible solution long before we got to warfare.
Just saying "hurrr we can shoots dem" is vastly oversimplifying the situation.
>>
>>49073369
>Military would respond
In as much as making a perimeter, maybe. But I doubt they'd be under orders to attack the first alien life we encountered.
>>
>>49073350
Isn't the skin of an Ork like leather, but more gnarly and resilient? I think the average person would need to carry something more akin to an Elephant Rifle with them at all times if Feral Ork Boyz were running around cities or rural ares. And at that point, we'd be GIVING them guns because the average person's going to shit their pants at the sight of a Boy with a choppa or they'll get snuck up on by a Kommando in the making.
>>
>>49073370
>Artillery and airstrikes
Doesn't deal with the spores. May even spread them further.
>>
>>49073410
>The few orks that land shoot at the responding fighters.

Reading is a useful skill that makes us better than orks, ya grot.
>>
>>49073398
To be fair, the scale of the stuff they can loot from us is really weak compared to the gargantuan cannons they can loot from Imperial Worlds, unless the Orks managed to get into a nuclear/non-nuclear WMDs silo they wouldn't be able to inflict heavy strikes on an international scale.

Although, were they land and its neighbours are going to be fucked royally, hell almost the whole continent if its Africa or East Asia
>>
>>49073410
I'm sure they would if they were chopping people up and tearing shit apart in a city. At that point scientists would be more concerned with getting their bodies or getting a live captive, not establishing comms with them. And even if they wanted to make peace, the military wouldn't allow it if they were indiscriminately killing civilians.
>>
>>49073433
Same to you.
>I doubt they'd be under orders to attack
You really think any government would allow its military to destroy a working interplanetary star ship...?
>hurrr but Ork tech is shit, won't work for non Orks
The world governments wouldn't know that.
They'd see working space ship.
They'd see profit.
>>
>>49065364
>I2
>melee race
>>
>>49073425
Ideal for fighting, not erradicating. Probably the deployment of napalm strikes and the like would be authorised after the military or the scientists managed to find how they reproduce.

Although probably the first thing we would try the moment we discover this would be to reproduce them and try to use them against each other, then we would end with more orks.
>>
>>49073332
assuming more refined statistics from the RPG are used

space marine will kill roughly 0.75 guardsmen per unit of ammunition consumed, since guardsmen are quantized, you cannot have half a guardsman, 2 shells per guardsman are consumed, rising to 4 shells if missed shots are counted

guardsman cannot penetrate armor, and can only have a 10% chance to cause 1 wond,
equating to 0.1 wounds per guardsman, needing 200 lasbolts per space marine felled, rising to 400 if misses are accounted for
>>
>>49073446
Orks dont just loot their gear.
They make it. Usually out of components that by rights simply should not work.
>>49073447
"whilst the massacre in place was regrettable, we still have hopes of establishing a peaceful dialogue."
You really don't see that happening?
We aren't warlike by default like a 40k world.

>>49073474
FACE
PALM

You really don't get it at all...
>>
>>49073482
>Orks dont just loot their gear.

But still, they wouldn't acquire so easily or so quickly the resources to make something around the crazy scale of 40k
>>
>>49073493
They'd probably make Zzap cannon out of nearby pylons and scrap metal. Their tech doesn't make sense you know.
>>
>>49073488
Do you really think the general public would want that?
>Oh yeah, we know those hulking, eight foot tall, green monsters dropped from the sky in the middle of a city and started chopping your loved ones to pieces while also burning down your homes, but we REALLY think we can be friends with them!
There's no way that any country would be game with that, because at that point they'd not only be dealing with a horde of greenskins, they'd be dealing with the destabilization of their country.
>>
>>49073508
Europe exists
>>
>>49073511
/pol/ go to bed.
>>
どんな話がwarhammer40kの歴史で映像化して素晴らしいか?だろ、年表を持ってきて話さないと形にもならないだろ
>>
>>49073530
>most popular rounds are 12 gauge goes in the shotgun, 5.56/.223 in AR weapons, 7.62/.308 in hunting rifles, and .22 rimfire, the most used bullet in the world, used in many different pistols and rifles

pistol calibres are when you start bumping into very diverse ammo types
commno ones are .45, 9mm, .38, .380
>>
>>49073530

What kind of talk is great and the video of the history of warhammer40k? Probably , will not be in shape and do not speak to bring a chronology

>>49073541
sorry,my bad , i was copying something from another thread
>>
>>49073521
I make no promises

>>49073504
Agreed, almost every field in medicine and science would turn upside down the second Zzap guns and Weirdboys show their ugly faces.
>>
>>49073508
>Destabilised country
That happened the second aliens fucking landed.
And if the potential benefit outweighs upsetting the public? You bet the public gets ignored.
>>
File: 1412112310967.png (34KB, 546x325px) Image search: [Google]
1412112310967.png
34KB, 546x325px
>>49073504
>Mfw imagining a Big Mek hitting our infantry with a Tellyport Blasta.

>>49073559
What possible benefits do the Orkz give us? Especially if their first interaction with us is leveling several city blocks and killing hundreds/thousands of people? You're delusional if you think the Government would put the Orks above their own people because they're aliens, even if they're completely outwardly hostile.
>>
>>49073587
>What possible benefit could a space faring race give us?!
You really this stupid?
>>
>>49073599
And like I've said before, we'd probably just try to kill them since they're not even trying diplomacy in loo of just invading our major cities and killing people. We'd try to kill them, and the try to take their "space-faring technology" which is just a hunk of fucking floating space debris, which I'm sure NASA would be able to see from orbit and assess that it's absolute bullshit and shouldn't actually even work. You've got your head up your ass if you think we'd try diplomacy with them after the initial devastating attack.
>>
>>49073599
Even overlooking the technology side, the biology of the Ork spores would be of interest to could tless people. No one seems to remember spores don't just grow Orks. They grow an ecosystem to support Orks, from edible fungus to squiggly beasts. Imagine a biotech firm getting hold of a means to make cattle that grows from spores.
>>
>>49073615
>I'm sure NASA could see inside an Ork ship and assess its technology from a telescope
>I'm sure that after seizing the ship, we wouldn't still have onboard spores and spread spores to deal with
>loo
Are you stupid or just underage?
>>
>>49073370
>>49073398
>>49073423
You people need to stop spouting meme information of Orks. Orks are durable, but most have no organization, poor industrialization, and can be killed reliably with high caliber (7.62 and above) firearms. GPMG's with mortars are more than enough to deal with your average Ork outbreak.
>>
>>49064493
If adamantium was solid until the melting point it would be crappy personal armor and only good on vehicles if the entire thing was adamantium. If it's perfectly solid that means it doesn't absorb force at all and will just transfer it into something that will break, like your body or a non adamantium substructure.
>>
>>49073630
>Pointing out a spelling error.
Come on, anon. Have a little class.
Regardless of if they could see that the flying garbage dump was useful or not, it wouldn't change the fact that we wouldn't try to associate with giant, green monsters that are running around killing people and wrecking cities.
>>
>>49073637
>Meme information
Are you RPing a clueless Imperium type?
>>
>>49073654
See >>49073619
And again, the only other species we have ever found.
Nah, I'm sure we'd just want to exterminate it. Sure.
>>
>>49073447
See:
>>49073670
If you actually read my posts, you'd see I wasn't advocating killing every single one. I knew that scientists would want bodies and captives. Thinking that we'd try diplomacy is actually retarded.
>>
File: 1412601535734.jpg (185KB, 1012x750px) Image search: [Google]
1412601535734.jpg
185KB, 1012x750px
>>49073680
Reverse that link order, obviously. I need to go to bed, it's 5:30.
>>
>>49073655
No, I've got a shitload of 40k books and Orks not involved in a WAAAGH! aren't hyper lethal. They get killed commonly by DMR-tier weapons and can even be killed by Guardsmen in melee. It's when you get millions of them involved in a WAAAAAGH! that shit gets dangerous. Your average Ork invasion however would probably get its shit kicked in hard by the USN/USAF.
>>
>>49073680
Thinking we wouldn't is lying to yourself.
And yeah, I agree its retarded based on what we know of Orks. The world powers aren't fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>49073692
Yeah, I guess you're right, actually. I think I let my personal knowledge of Orks cloud my thinking a bit. They'd probably take the massacre as a "cultural misunderstanding."
>>
>>49073689
>Books from an Imperial PoV downplay Orks
Uhuh, what else is new?
>>
>>49073697
Precisely that.
>>
File: 1413072009927.png (738KB, 659x657px) Image search: [Google]
1413072009927.png
738KB, 659x657px
>>49073689
>Can be killed by Guardsmen in melee.
The Black Library can fuck off the edge of my dick.
>>
>>49073698
>Rulebooks downplay Orks
>Codexes downplay Orks
>Books downplay Orks
>RPGs downplay Orks
BUT MUH HEADCANNON
>>
>>49073689
>Your meme opinions are wrong, listen to my meme opinions
Nope, how bout you read some Ork codexes?
>>
>>49073716
Read more of those items you greentexted maybe?
>>
>>49073705
You realize that this is nothing new? Even on the TT Orks can get mulched by Guardsmen charging them courtesy of a higher initiative and equal strength followed by good rolls to overcome T4. The idea of Orks being some unstoppable force in 40k is a meme, simple as that. Orks are the single most common enemy the Imperium squares off with, and they almost always hold the lines against them. Massive WAAAAAGHS! are uncommon as hell and always take a very charismatic, old, powerful Warboss who has seen the success of multiple campaigns. If every Ork was half as dangerous as /tg/ makes them out to be, the Imperium would have been wiped out ages ago.

Except y'know, instead the Imperium frequently sweeps them out with the Guard and nothing else. Especially when depending on the tech level of the Ork invasion, they can be halted by so simply as hitting the Warboss with a MOAB. Which then leads to chaos, anarchy, and eventually a total collapse of the WAAAGH!
>>
File: 1465243292522.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1465243292522.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>Mfw imagining a grizzled American tank crew riding into an Ork infested war zone.
>Mfw imagining them seeing a line of Mek Gunz and the Big Mek pointing and shouting at them for them to suddenly be lifted off the ground by a Lifta-droppa Gun.
>Mfw imagining the tank being smashed into the ground repeatedly.
>>
>>49073718
You mean the ones highlighting remarkable Ork warbosses and ignoring 99% of all campaigns against Orks? How even the codex only gives Orks T4 S3 I2? Nothing in 40k likes Orks. It's only exceptional WAAAGHS! that get really powerful from a combination of Ork psychic mojo building up and the age of the Orks involved, such as with Ghaz or the Beast. Who are incredibly old, powerful Orks which also leads to their boyz being bigger and badder than the norm.
>>
>>49073740
>Tabletop represents fluff
Do you WANT to not be taken seriously...?
>Orks can be cleared off planets 100% fine
Armageddon called.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 340x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 340x489px
Alright, let's see how far modern HFY wank goes

Could we fight off a Dark Eldar raid?
>>
>>49073757
No, I mean the ones explaining fluff you seem too upset to acknowledge exists.
>>
>>49064313
I dont know how big a crater from nuke is but titans are fucking huge so asuming they cant just walk out of it there are super heavy transport ship desinged to carry titans, but the idea if a titan being stuck in a crater with its princept screaming angry is funny
>>
File: 1413578902006.png (160KB, 200x343px) Image search: [Google]
1413578902006.png
160KB, 200x343px
>>49073740
In fluff, Orks are stronger than humans considerably, and are ferocious enough to kill Space Marines in melee combat. For you to even suggest that an average guardsman can beat a choppa boy in melee combat is ridiculous and shows how little you actually know about Orks. You referencing tabletop stats means nothing to this argument, because by that logic, a single Dark Eldar Archon or Succubus could kill hundreds of armed people at once, and not be fired upon, once they get through the snap-shot overwatch of course, because they've entered an assault.
>>
>>49073768
>Warp Portals
>Guns powered by Dark Matter
>Hit and Run tactics
>No PDF
Oh sure, we'd beat them easy, they only have a 5+ armor save.
>>
>>49073765
That entire post is basically "the average Ork invasion is a simple affair to deal with, it's only when it's a massive Waagh that things get difficult" and you go straight to the most prominent massive Waagh in the fluff as a counter-example to the basic invasions being easy to deal with. Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>49073768
Fuck no, but they wouldn't kill us all off. They'd make us into a slave planet. Just sweeping through, killing any militias that may pop up, and then take more of us for the cabals. But wait! They only have a 5+ save, and can only fire one time each! Thank goodness!
>>
>>49073369
>Orks land in that area you can guarantee there is a continent-threat waaagh grown before other countries say fuck diplomacy and trespass into countries to fight.

7ft tall aliens with the strength of gorillas and strange technology are not african warlord #9001, even pre-internet that news would travel fast. Their landing craft would be nuked and the surrounding areas hit with napalm and agent orange. The world would be united in this effort, and even if they weren't, nobody gave a shit when america invaded iraq or russia invaded ukraine.
>>
>>49073797
Nope, I give an example of a planet who has entire generations of experience trying to clear out Orks from their biosphere between Waaghs.
And still failing.
>>
>>49073813
You mean 50 years, from one massive Waagh to the next.
>>
>>49073841
You can't see there being generations in a half a century...?
Or do you think all Imperium citizens live 300 years or more like the average Inquistitor...?
>>
>>49073853
Yes that's roughly 2 generations, so you are technically correct to say generations.
>>
>>49073862
Fuck, even when you're wrong you still have to try and act superior.

But sure, a planet with five decades of experience killing Orks can't manage to remove the spores, knowing from day one what an issue it would be.

But 21st century Earth could do it easily in a day from a point of total ignorance of the threat.

Sure.
>>
>>49073803
They won't drop a nuke just anywhere especially not at the beginning
>>
>>49073891
>In 50 years a planet could only reduce the Ork presence to minor nuisance in the aftermath of the largest Waagh in a few thousand years therefore the average incursion is going to be impossible to deal with.
t. Ork fanboy
>>
>>49073929
>Minor Nuisance
Oh sure, a Minor Nuisance in 40K terms, we can deal with that with the average gunship, right HFYfag?
>>
>>49073768
they'd feed us their slaaneshi cocks until we die from internal haemorrhaging
>>
>>49073915
Nukes are going to fuck us up a lot more than they do the orcs. Any orc who survives the initial blast is going to be fine, while we still have to deal with the issues of the fallout and radiation poisoning.

All these modern HFY wanks posts are so fast to jump to "lol we nuke them lol we have guns that can piece their armor" and never factor in things like logistics or casualties. 40k forces regularly take appalling losses and still fight on, we'd pussy out way before we reach that limit.
>>
File: 8QVooRZ.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
8QVooRZ.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>49073765
And Armageddon is an exceptional case because it's been the site of the biggest WAAAGH!(s) since the time of the Beast. Even if spores remain the PDF can typically deal with them, as feral orks are about as well armed as Somali pirates and will get blown to hell by UCAV's.

And I'm pointing to the tabletop because EVERYTHING is very in line with "orks are tough but not really apocalyptic". Orks are dangerous, but ultimately there's little non-advanced Ork invasions can do from some asshole dropping a MOAB on their Warboss and turning him instantly into a red smear. Or bombarding with a bunch of ICBM's. Or Tomahawks even.

>>49073778
>and are ferocious enough to kill Space Marines in melee combat.
Yeah because that goes so well for Orks when Marines slaughter them all the time like when the Brothers of the Snake slaughtered thousands of Orks. Orks kill Space Marines in the same sense that T-62's can kill M1A2 Abrams.

And guardsmen can definitely beat Orks in melee. They'll take casualties but they can and have come out on top. It's the result of Orks being a horde race that exists almost purely to get beat up by humans in the Black Library, even the Beast is eventually going to get shanked by Marines.
>>
>>49073940
Nah, just with the minor ragtag group of war vets or rascals with troubled pasts that open up after one of them dies tragically at the hands of the Warboss or tells them a sob story, not in that order specifically.

Then our ragtag groups loads up and gets ready to take names, kick some ass and chew bubblegum.
>>
>>49073958
>Black Library.
>The Beast is eventually...
Holy shit, guy. Could you be anymore clueless about the lore? I'm sure you meant Ghazzy right? Not The Beast AKA The Warboss it took the Emperor himself to kill pre-heresy.
>>
File: 1391122560712.jpg (34KB, 590x419px) Image search: [Google]
1391122560712.jpg
34KB, 590x419px
all this "we'd fuck em up we got guns i don't see a problem here"
>>
>>49073958
>HFY HFY HFY HFY
Getting a little boring lad.
>MUH TABLETOP RULES
Yeah, you need to stop.
>>
>>49073947
Nothing is surviving a true nuke blast outside of the blast wave. The pressure wave from a big nuke is going to rupture every single organ and blood vessel within their body, along with liquefying the brain. Nail the Warboss on the head, bye-bye WAAAGH.

It's also important to remember that Orks haven't really demonstrated any defense against nukes besides shields (which are infrequent and typically situated on stuff like Stompas), and humanity in 40k is very, VERY unwilling to go for the nuclear option in fear of contaminating the planet (fuck I can't even think of a novel where a Deathstrike missile was deployed, let alone multiple ones).... whereas we would be completely willing. Fuck MOABs, UCAVS, and general missile bombardment. Hit them with a MIRV and the run-of-the-mill Ork invasion is completely and royally fucked.

Of course this all goes sideways if they have ships. Because we can't touch ANY 40k ships (not even the Tau) and can only hope and pray they don't go for orbital bombardment.
>>
>>49073968
He probably reasons the Emperor wouldn't have stats higher than a C'tan in tabletop terms, ergo Marines could kill the beast if the Emperor could.

He's fucking clueless is my point.
>>
>>49073968
>The Beast AKA The Warboss it took the Emperor himself to kill pre-heresy.

The irony.

Hey, Dumbass, the Emperor never fought the Beast. The Beast a totally different warboss that rose in 32K.
>>
>>49073998
>Ork Starships wouldn't have shields or survive a Nuke
>This all goes sideways if they have ships
Do you think they walked to the planet you dumb cunt?
>>
>>49074001
>ergo Marines could kill the beast if the Emperor could.

The EMPERAH DID NOT FIGHT THE BEAST.

In fact, the BEAST is larger than the Ork warboss that the Emperor fought in the great crusade.
>>
>>49073998
>used nukes exactly 2 times in warfare
>yeah we're totally willing to use nukes right off the bat

I'm not sure if you're a clever troll or you really wank modern humanity that hard
>>
>>49073968
>Holy shit, guy. Could you be anymore clueless about the lore? I'm sure you meant Ghazzy right? Not The Beast AKA The Warboss it took the Emperor himself to kill pre-heresy.
Nigga do you even lore? The Beast is the warboss that attacked the Imperium in M32, and was the biggest and baddest Warboss in history. It never met the Emperor at all and is the current star of "The Beast" book series. I think you're the clueless one.

>>49073980
Are you going to actually present an argument with quotes or the like or just sit there and do nothing?

>>49074011
Are you going to stop being a retarded dishonest little shit? Not once did I state that we would be able to even scratch Ork ships. I'm talking about a land invasion either deployed solely by Roks or a fully landed one from ships that does not deploy orbital support.
>>
File: 1424763617434.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
1424763617434.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>This namefag who doesn't know anything about Orks, trying to explain how Orks would easily be defeated by not only modern tech, but by WWI-tier rifles.
>>
>>49074023
Gee I don't know, consiering we nearly stated nuclear World War III, three times in the Cold War, and in this scenario the world would be fighting what people would consider to be horrible demons from space coming to exterminate us, we'd definitely go nuclear and you're fucking stupid if you think otherwise. Especially when the fallout of a nuclear strike would be limited to the immediate vicinity of the Ork landing site.

You can bet your ass that if giant green demon ogre men every nation is going to flip the fuck out and bury them in a hail of firepower.
>>
>>49074024
>Not once did I state that we would be able to even scratch Ork ship
So how else would they get here?
>ROKS
You mean asteroids making landfall.
Oh sure, we'd be a-ok after that.
At no point in the history of out planet has an asteroid impact, even witjhwitjhout an army of greenskins, been an issue to life on the planet.

OH WAIT.
>>
>>49073947
>while we still have to deal with the issues of the fallout and radiation poisoning.

We've tested 2,054 nuclear weapons, including the Tsar Bomba which could destroy a city the size of paris. Africa is a giant continent, nobody would complain under the circumstances.

>we'd pussy out way before we reach that limit.
Pussy out to where? We going to run off to the moon? If you corner a rat it will be brave.
>>
>>49074037
You do realize that Orks, which can be killed with lasguns, are definitely vulnerable to rounds such as 7.62×54mmR, which has similar energy to a lasgun shot, right?
>>
>>49074046
>We would nuke the first alien species we met without hesitation and with universal global agreement, regardless of where they landed.

You are profoundly stupid.
>>
>>49074051
>OH WAIT.

Well, the Orks crashed a dagger shaped Rok fortress on a Tau city. It killed billions but in the end the Tau forces managed to drive off the Orks and secure the planet.
>>
We can't even wipe out ISIS let alone Ork spores
>>
>>49074054
>We've safely tested these bombs
>That's the same as using them in a direct engagement
Oh boy...
>>
>>49074066
>Asteroid hitting the earth
>doesn't get the reference
>>
File: 1471482760638.png (148KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1471482760638.png
148KB, 222x293px
>>49074072
fuckn lol good point
>>
>>49074085
Dinosaurs, yes, yes. But considering that Roks don't kill whole planet when landing, the reference is faulty.
>>
>>49074051
>asteroids automatically mean something similar to the K/T event.

Jesus H Christ, Orks do NOT travel in asteroids over a hundred miles wide with over 50 fucking teratons unleashed upon impact. Mainly because the Okrs on that Rok would DIE from the impact.
>>
>>49074105
don't they use rockets to slow it down before impact so none of the orks die or am i making this up
>>
>>49073778
>because by that logic, a single Dark Eldar Archon or Succubus could kill hundreds of armed people at once, and not be fired upon, once they get through the snap-shot overwatch of course, because they've entered an assault.
Funnily enough, that sounds like something any Archon or succubus worth their salt would be able to pull off. They can move faster than the human eye can track, here.
>>
>>49074106
>>49074105

>Asteroids that land softly with no harm
Sure

Never mind the size of an Ork army that would come from such a Rok.

But nah, we can take em with a fucking slingshot, because HUMANITY.

Le Fucking Despairing Sigh
>>
>>49074128
You have zero proof that Orks outside of major WAAAGHS! would have any defense against nukes, or even just missiles aimed at the Warboss. Although this has more to do with 40k starting to fall apart the second you try to apply any realism to it.
>>
>>49074116
Well, they don't slow them down before impact so that none of them die, only so that most of them don't die.
>>
>>49074151
>Nukes
Again with this assumption we'd just nuke ourselves at the drop of a hat...

Once again, Le Fucking Despairing Sigh.
>>
>>49066356

He was, and the power armor is supposed to allow them to do that; a SoB could probably do the same.
>>
>>49074179

I'm a SOB fan but I'd say otherwise. While the SOB armour is highly protective, the codex does mention it's not as good with strength enhancement. The SOB armour is designed for ranged troops, not melee brawlers.
>>
>>49074128
>>Asteroids that land softly with no harm

I did not say this. I just pointed that Ork Roks cause localized damage. They don't damage the whole planet globally.

If Ork roks do as much damage as the comet that wiped out the dinosaurs, then Armageddon wouldn't be a thriving hiveworld with forests and junk.
>>
File: 74b.jpg (168KB, 1016x970px) Image search: [Google]
74b.jpg
168KB, 1016x970px
>>49074128
>>49074167
>All this goalpost shifting
Are you quite done shitposting yet?
>>
>>49074151
What proof do you have that Orks outside of Waaaghs are weaker? It seems silly to think that Orks in smaller warbands/waaaghs are automatically weaker. I get that they get bigger the more they fight, but baseline Orks that aren't in big waaaghs are still bigger and stronger than humans.
>>
>>49074066
>if the Tau could do it, so could modern humanity!
>>49074151
>remember that time we nuked North Korea and China?
>remember that time we nuked Vietnam?
>remember that time we nuked the Middle East?
>remember that time we just sent a bunch of missiles at the leader of ISIS?
>>
>>49074179
Power Armour only enhances existing strength. Marine Power armour is also far advanced of Nuns With Guns armour, if only because of the black carapace interface.

In short, no way a Boltwr Bitch could do that.

And no, tabletop stats aren't representative of fluff before you say anything of that ilk.
>>
>>49073768
Deldar would probably be the hardest faction for us to fight off.

A Space Marine chapter is just a thousand dudes, and, no matter how amazing they are, there are enough autocannons on Earth to shell them into nothing.

Deldar would likely arrive with thousands of kabalites teleworking all over the planet, each one of which is a supersoldier by our standards. They have antimatter weapons that would annihilate our stuff and routinely deploy engineered plagues. They would have the manoeuvrability and firepower to utterly defeat anything we bring to the field.
>>
>>49074197
The Gestalt Psychic field is increased by the size of Orks present. But that doesn't lessen how tough an individual is.
>>
>>49067431

The Russ has non-existent back armor and its massive size makes it cumbersome at best; assuming they skimped on the floor plate as well, it would be as vulnerable to IEDs and mines as any other tank.
>>
>>49074218
Nah, they only have 5+ save, they'd die to a Luger.
>>
>>49074167
We aren't nuking ourselves you moron, we're nuking a shitload of alien invaders with minimal fallout. I don't know what bullshit you've been fed, but fallout killing everybody is very much a meme. We've already detonated two fucking thousand nukes in our history with no problems suffered. MIRVs will be fine, especially when they're extremely low radiation anyway.

There's zero reason to think we wouldn't immediately nuke hostile alien invaders that will half of America thinking it's Satanic demons- the only reason why you struggle to refute the most classic scenario of hostile alien invasion is because most orks DON'T have any defense against nukes, indeed most 40k races don't on the field.

Which is a bigger problem with 40k, because as again, 40k is not remotely realistic at all in how factions prosecute war.
>>
>>49074255
>Implying Orks wouldn't land in sovereign territory of an existing nation
And even if they did, I'm sure said nation would be fine with being nuked. Yup.

Why does HFY make you retarded?
>>
>>49074223
That's true, but like you said, I doubt that would matter too much in a scrap against a bunch of Orks. Plus, once they get their foothold on Earth, there will be more of them, and that means a myriad of crazy weaponry like Gargants, Skorcha Bombas, Mek Gunz and what have you.
>>
>>49074218
Modern HFY fags are always under this assumption that all the invading forces are going to drop into one big open field where we've conveniently set up all the weapons we have that can hurt them, and we're just gonna blast away at them like that.

Dark eldar just have to cripple our electricity, which they can easily do, and we're already irrevocably fucked. Hell, just jamming our communications systems would be enough to cripple is beyond the point of putting up anything but isolated resistance
>>
>>49074286
Oh yeah, I'm totally on your side. I'm not one of these dumb cunts saying we'd just nuke them.
>>
>>49073803
Their landing craft would be nuked and the surrounding areas hit with napalm and agent orange.

We would never use nukes as anything but a last resort. We have better shit than napalm. Agent orange was a chemical made to kill off plants to clear jungle, its not a chemical weapon.

Not only do you not know jack shit about military procedure. You don't even know what the fucking items you use as reference are.
>>
>>49074255
Most races have some form of void shield to protect against nukes, the Orks' version is just called a power field.
>>
>>49074179
>>49074188
>>49074208
The Order of Our Martyred Lady is teleported to modern Earth, scattered through the Middle East, North Africa, northern China, eastern Europe and Alaska. What happens?

Never seen SoBs on Earth discussed like Mehreens are.
>>
>>49074197
Beast Waaaagh!

The psychic power of the Beast and the Weirdboyz that drew from his power, increased the size and intelligence of the Orks.

Furthermore, in the Overfiend series, An Avatar that was abandoned by Eldar latched itself to the Orks. Connecting on their Waaagh! and then feeding them in return with its own godly power. The Orks under the influence of the Avatar grew larger on the spot. Hulking out and driven to extreme bloodlust.
>>
>>49074197
They're weaker because the gestalt psychic field is weaker, and their tech is weaker too. Orks are almost like an RTS faction in that the longer they are around, the more powerful, organized, and technologically advanced they are. For example, the Beast and his WAAAAGH grew to encompass probably a fair chunk of the entire Ork species, and the Orks under the leadership of the Beast were as good, if not better than Space Marines in case of the Nobs. Basically the Ork version of the Emperor with his own Ork Primarchs and Ork Marines.

Ghaz definitely hasn't reached that point, but he's got the sheer numbers both in terms of bodies and logistics for his dudes to pull off some insane shit. Same with other major WAAAGHS!, IIRC one big waaagh for example managed to loot either an entire planet or 'just' a moon, then flew it into another planet and devastated/destroyed both.

Of course Ork boyz are dangerous even without a major WAAAGH!, but they can be killed in melee by humans (of course depending on sources, so can space marines). But they definitely can be dropped by guns circa WWI era (which is actually the second best after the modern era, because WWI calibers were fuckhuge compared to those in WWII).
>>
>>49074299
To be fair, he probably assumed agent orange to clear off spores.
Because he's assuming our military would have absolute knowledge of an alien threat we had never encountered before.
>>
>>49074303
I'm guessing their Emperor Magic wouldnt work, so we'd have a group of aggressive missionaries in future tech.
>>
>>49074301
Void shields and power fields are rare however, almost never theater sized, and typically used on important installations such as titans, planetary fortresses, and other large Epic-scale vehicles. That's not going to protect everybody in the army from a nuclear strike, and at best there will just be the undamaged shielded titan scale vehicle left standing (which we can then promptly nuke with everything else and pray to god it dies).

>>49074274
Said nation is either going to cease to exist if it's small enough, or die anyway if not bombarded with nukes or just missiles/rockets. Especially if it's a third world nation without its own nukes and thus unable to retaliate.
>>
>>49074255
i might be wrong but i'm understanding what your saying as this

orks will land where there are no humans and nothing much else so we can nuke them

wouldn't they land in cities?
>>
>>49074303
The most radical Inquisitors in our history would be put to shame on the amount of executions the SOBs would carry to those who dared to neglect or insult the Emperor's Truth, although Nuns from space armed with futuristic gear and a lot of angelical motifs would probably help pave the way with a few people.

Hell, a Dialogus sister probably has some experience in these kind of scenarios so she would be able to tye together Christianity with the Imperial Church easily.
>>
>>49074353
so there gonna land in 1 city?
>>
>>49074353
They're used on basically every hive, aristocracy put small scale ones on their mansions if they can afford it and depending on the situation certain IG regiments will but them on bunkers.
>>
>>49074353
>Said nation is just going to cease to exist
International politics aren't so fucking simple you fucking retard.
>>
>>49074353
>The Ork landing craft won't be shielded
>The only reason not to a nuke a place is if they can retaliate
Are you 12?
>>
>>49074358
Ideally you'd only hit if they landed in a barren flat spot to offload vehicles without damage (if they were logical), but knowing Orks being Orks, they'd go for a city. But at that point, New York, London, or any other major city is already lost as fighting Orks in an urban environment would be the absolute worst possibly place to engage them.
>>
File: 1462499098357.gif (939KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1462499098357.gif
939KB, 500x282px
>The Orks would be so easy to kill, guys!
>They'd land in a secluded desert area with no people around, that just so happens to be a nuclear testing field.
>In fact, they'd land DIRECTLY on a nuclear warhead and be vaporized instantly, thus ending the Waaagh! then and there!
>HUMANITY FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>49074423
>Its logical to land in a flat spot
>Not to use cover and to capture enemy fortifications
You are legit retarded.
It wouldn't just be "Orks being Orks", landing a Rok on a city makes sense no matter what way you slice it.
>>
>>49074454
Well Orks being Orks would mean an entire side of the planet would be littered with Orks Roks doing planetfall above whatever they find so they can get to the fight sooner.
>>
>>49074423
i hope your starting to realise that no matter who attack us its going to end very badly for us invasions won't be a single nations problem every nation is going to have forces deployed within their borders
>>
>>49074415
There is no mention of Landas having any shielding. Many 40k craft lack them (Thunderhawks, Devourers), and hell yes if there's a god damn extra terrestrial invasion you hit them with everything you have.
>>
>>49074510
Yeah, but we could stop them with umbrellas.
And nukes.
>>
>>49074521
>If there's a god damn invasion
Then national borders don't suddenly cease to exist. Let's say for arguments sake, the Ork Rok landed in America's breadbasket.

Do you really think the international community would just shrug and go "ok, nuke em"?

Or do you think there would be issues with allies cropping up? Or America itself being unhappy about the idea?

Your perspective is so naive it's almost adorable.
>>
>>49074529
And what about an umbrella made of nukes? Or a nuke that deploys umbrellas?
>>
>>49074560
>inb4, yeah but that's america, not buttfuckistan, no one cares about them
>>
>>49074570
The Nukebrella
Of course.
>>
>>49074521
>An Ork Rok lands in NYC.
>This means everyone, including Americans, would be okay with dropping the entire world's nuclear payload on the city.
Hasn't middle school started back up already?
>>
>>49074368
Situations like this would get pretty weird once they realize Earth's history and geography are identical to ancient Terra's.

How does a self respecting spess nun deal with that level of what?
>>
>>49074599
A test of faith sent by the Emperor himself.

That, or they seek out the Emperor to become his protectors ensuring the future comes to pass.
>>
File: 1365689230342.gif (602KB, 318x240px) Image search: [Google]
1365689230342.gif
602KB, 318x240px
Guys, by this namefag's logic, we could stop any 40k factions invading force with a well timed use of the majority of the nukes the planet has! We're unstoppable! Tyranids, Chaos, Deldar, Tau, and anything else! 40,000+ years of technological advancement mean nothing to a good ol' fashioned nuke!
>>
>>49074599
Praying, maybe a bit of self flaggelation, a vision or two about their holy mission, hopefully an orgy for the random onlooker or Stalker and probably the burning of a random onlooker or stalker.
>>
>>49074599
they wouldn't recognize earth as the terra of M3. They no pretty much nothing about terra before M25.
>>
>>49074613
>be Emperor
>chilling in the Bahamas
>Earth seems pretty safe
>suddenly these insane women turn up telling everyone about you
>they really really think you're a god and want to worship you
>emperor_frownyface.jpg
>they say they're from the far future where all mankind worships you this way
>frownyface intensifies
>the fuck did you do in the future?
>this is a disaster
>>
>>49074704
And that is how you Age of Sigmar 40k
>>
>>49066184

Friendly reminded that 40kids tanks have literally worse armor than IRL tanks from WW2 and they are absolutely laughable compared to modern MBTs. The entire setting is a big joke nerds took too seriously.
>>
>>49074614
necrons, eldar, dark eldar, chaos could teleport away

orks would be fucked
>>
>>49064093
Got the original image?
>>
>>49075138
>he thinks a throwaway line that has since been retconned is still canon.
>pity him
>>
>>49065364
i think that image is from the novel 15 hours

pretty good book
>>
>>49071236

we could be fucked depending on the situation. USA, Canada and Mexico will unite trying to protect was left of America. Southamerica will be destroyed and Central America will be overruned.

Europe, Russia will have to band together to be able to stop the invasion in their respective continent. Middle east will be fucked unless Israel unify all the nations. China, Korea (both) and Japan will do the unthinkable, they will make one front and try to kill as many Orks before getting overrun.

Australia and New Zealand will unify Oceania and protect the southern hemisphere.

We are fucked gentlemen, we are fucked.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.