[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG casual general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Image.ashx.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
138KB, 223x311px
Decks with a flavour edition

>What are you playing?
>Building?
>How competetive is your group?

What do you think about tribal decks or decks build only with single plane cards?

Post your shitbrews!
>>
RW angel ramp. Ichor and Myosinth Wellsprings, follow up with Shrapnel Blasts and Angelic Purges. Curve into an Seraph of the Sword or Day of Judgement. Emancipation Angel also bounces your Phyrexian goodies. Twilight Shepherd and Flameblade Angel as the biggies. One for damage, the other for DoJ.

I like tribal, especially if you can do something fun with it. Like Lovisa Cold-Eyes, but all the creatures are red waifu. I made a red-only vampire deck, all the original Innistrad vamps with Blade of the Bloodchief and burn spells.
>>
>>49061903
I made a 100% Theros deck around RB Minotaurs, pretty decent in casual play. Now I'm thinking about making a deck build around other than Mogis Theros god, probably Karamtera
>>
>>49061903
Could you post the full list for that RW angel deck? Sounds pretty fun
>>
Would a westvale infect deck work?
Like cast tainted strike on omenhedral win game?
>>
>What are you playing?

Riku of Two Reflections, Goodstuff

>Building?

Waiting to get home because my cards should be here tonight. Isamaru, Hound of Konda Voltron. Link: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/

>How competitive is your group?

I've only won a few games against my one friend who I play regularly, and my FLGS is pretty competitive too, although still chill. Ancient Wonders in Tualatin, OR

Tribals are pretty cool. If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to build a Goblins tribal aggro. Monocolor decks are great as long as you have decent artifact support, like mine! Rate my deck plz
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/
>>
>>49063837
i mean when youve got ormendahl flipped, you're basically already winning the game
>>49061258
>playing
Mainly Sidisi, Rakdos, Scion and Karametra EDH, and when it's 60 cards, Abzan tokens with Lingering Souls and Cryptolith Rite.
>building
Playgroup's been getting into pauper lately, so I'm joining in with Elves. God mystical teachings is an annoying deck.
>competetive
Well in EDH the power level is rising and rising, where traditional creature board state decks are becoming weaker and weaker against all the control and combo shenanigans. Stuff like Nath Elf tribal is really hard to do now. In the world of 60 card decks, it's pretty strong, but not tournament competetive, with creativity still being prioritized over raw power often.
>tribal or plane theme decks
Love tribal, love the idea of plane theme decks. Not sure how viable they are, but something like Innistrad-flavor only UB zombies is probably still awesome, right?
>shitbrews
gimme a moment to type out my tokens deck.
>>49064354
i think some of the equipments in there are a bit low-impact, like the ring of thune or armory of iroas. But I'm not that familiar with equipment voltron. Do you have a lot of edict effects in your metagame? Those could wreck you hard. A neat effect to protect yourself from fast swarm decks could be Silent Arbiter.
>>
>Playing
Mostly My white soldier token & lifegain deck and I occasionally bring out my blue black infect deck
>Building
Still trying to make zombies work & just need to sit down and work out how to make a angel deck
>Competetive
Well I occasionally do draft & edh but those are more the exception rather than the rule.
>tribal or plane theme decks
idk most are a miss but some people really enjoy unique decks kinda like eldrazi (which I adore just for its concept and working on ironing out a deck in progress)
>how competitive is your group
There are a handful of tryhards like every group but we like to have fun by basically allowing everything under the sun for the most part.
>>
>>49061258
Okay so here's my tokens shitbrew as mentioned here >>49064721
Interested to see what y'all think
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-abzan-tokens/
>Format
60 card constructed with multiplayer and sometimes 1v1
>Primary Gameplan
Flood the board with cheap tokens by way of Lingering Souls, Raise the Alarm etc, pump them up with effects like Intangible Virtue, then have them swing for lots of damage fast.
>Secondary/Experimental plans
There's some cards I'm trying out if they work well in this deck so here's the explanations
>4 Squirrel Nest
Gives me resiliency and a way to rebuild after a board wipe. Slow in 1v1, better in multiplayer.
>2 Custodi Soulbinders
Comes down pretty huge and can make more tokens just by tapping mana. Probably gonna swallow a killspell immediately since everything else is tokens.
>3 Cryptolith Rite
That card in the spoiler was the whole reason why I made the deck. t2 raisin' alarm, t3 cryptolith rite into lingering souls leaves me with up to 9 mana on turn 4 to be able to cast more spells in a turn, or ramp up to big payoff cards like a huge Secure the Wastes (which I will buy two more of once they rotate out of standard) or just Elspeth
>The Great Aurora
Don't see myself casting this without Cryptolith Rite unless something's gone horribly wrong. Could be a fun gamble on a multiplayer table, with my tokens all shuffling back inside and drawing me way more cards than my opponents.
>Shamanic Revelation and Altar's Reap
Gotta refill up that hand, especially if removal is being used against me aggressively. Experimenting whether a cheap sac based or a yuge boardstate based effect is better.
>Glare of Subdual, Cathars' Crusade
Topend token payoff enchantments. Experimenting which one might stay in there.
>Manabase
Looks like a mess, but I just jammed everything useful I had lying around together and called it a day. It's mostly just GW with a black splash anyway, and once I have Cryptolith Rite in play I've got all the mana I need.
>>
I have some casual friends that are into heirloom and I want to build a trolly deck to play against them. Is turbofog any good in that format?
>>
>>49065046
Have you considered Mobilization?
3 Mana to put down a creature with Vigilance, meaning you can attack with it, and then tap in response to blocking, allowing you to use it for mana before it dies.

And in casual, most people don't carry much enchantment removal.
>>
>>49063646
3x Twilight Shepherd
3x Flameblade Angel
4x Seraph of the Sword
4x Emancipation Angel
2x Nahiri, the Harbinger
4x Day of Judgement
4x Angelic Purge
4x Shrapnel Blast
4x Ichor Wellspring
4x Mycosynth Wellspring
2x Mana Tithe
22x land

Here's the deck. Still shaky, and way too budget, but I wanted to try ramping without needing green.
>>
>What are you playing?
Red-black control deck that uses Chandra, Pyromaster, her phoenixes, and burn. Also a deck of doublestrike and equipment.
>Building?
Bug Ramp. Learning to move away from only aggro and tempo.
>How competetive is your group?
Not very. I'm probably the most competitive. Mostly modern-casual.
>>
>>49061258
>What are you playing?
BW deck built around Athreos, basically a fuckton of cheap annoying creatures. It's fine if they die to removal, since enemies either take damage or I just replay them.
>Building?
I'm looking into making a WU prison deck, with such fancyness as Ghostly Prison and Curse of Exhaustion. I don't know if it'll work, but I'm sure as hell gonna have fun pissing people off if it does.
If anyone has experience with prison decks, please let me know of any good cards/combinations you know of.
>How competitive is your group?
Mostly quite casual, one in particular plays a lot of modern/attends prereleases/builds based on high tier decklists etc though.
>>
File: IMG_20160829_212116.jpg (152KB, 720x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_212116.jpg
152KB, 720x867px
Bought a full set of Origins commons when it first came out for like $10. Did it to make an instant cube to play draft with friends. Was a lot of fun for a group of people to play casual MtG for cheap.

How would this work as an instant cube? $30 is about the max I would spend. Also working with a base of zero cards besides the Origins ones I mentioned.
>>
>>49064721
Isamaru player here. I've thought about him, might toss him in my sideboard. If my opponent isn't dead by turn 10 at the most I've probably already lost anyway.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.