[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 5e Absolute newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: DND5.jpg (395KB, 1799x1013px) Image search: [Google]
DND5.jpg
395KB, 1799x1013px
I would like to run my first campaign with a bunch of my friends. Problem is-none of us have any experience in tabletop RPGs, and only thing last local group left are some handbooks and the guy that introduced me to Warmachine, but he doesn't want to help beyond just lending said handbooks. What should I prepair? I just have a bunch of miniatures form WarmaHordes and 3 other people to play with, tops.
>>
>>49060842
Drop $20 bucks on the starter set so you have a premade adventure and characters.
>>
If you're brand new, you might want to consider buying the 5e starter set. It's only $20 or so, and you get all you need to start a game (though you might want to buy some more dice), and it includes an adventure designed for new players as well as premade character sheets and a set of dice.

From there, if you enjoyed yourself, you should download or buy the full books, and you'll already have all the basic experience you'll need to run an adventure of your own (or you can always just download or buy a premade one). Be sure to stop by the 5e general for more advice, and I've also found that this page is useful as an introduction for brand new players. http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules
>>
>>49060842
The campaign would be 3-4 sessions tops. PCs are in a city overrun by sudden goblin/whatever raid, townfolks blame local basement wizard for it, wizard hires PCs for protection. During the job they find out he actually was involved in this raid and they have tofight him. Should be easy enough to run and interesing enough to stick people for another time. Thoughts?
>>
File: Warlock_Matt-Cavotta.jpg (114KB, 400x691px) Image search: [Google]
Warlock_Matt-Cavotta.jpg
114KB, 400x691px
Play a warlock. They're the best class.
>>
>>49061018
Pretty sure I will be the DM. I won't be able to choose a class.
>>
>>49061173
You best use the pre-made adventures. And use the youtube for guidance. The DnD 5e Thread has GREAT resources.
>>
File: 1471711978617.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1471711978617.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49061173
>>49060842
Yeah, watch videos, look at pre-made adventures. You can buy them or find them on the internet *cough* 5e general thread *cough*
They have links to some amazing stuff, you know what hold on. I have a pdf you could use.
>>
>>49061937
D&D and DM/GM resources has some good stuff.
>>
>>49060883

First post, best post. Get it off amazon and it's not even $20.
>>
>>49061173
Once you guys finish the starter set, and everyone's still on board, there's a bunch more premade adventures in the 5e general thread. I ran nothing but premade adventures for my first year GMing, and it helps a lot when it comes to designing your own campaigns later.

Also, make sure everyone has their own set of dice. Make a trip of it.
>>
>>49063760
Or, for 20 bucks, buy a wizdice bag off of amazon, and get something like 15 sets of dice, when most places sell one set for 8 bucks.
>>
>>49060842

The guys here pretty much got it right. I began with two groups, one running the Starter Set, and one running a set of quests I got off Dmsguild.com. Both worked great.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.