[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played a red and pleasant land? Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20160829-025823.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160829-025823.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Has anyone played a red and pleasant land? Thoughts?
>>
>>49053828

I've run it!
And I would have had a lot of fun too, if a problem player hadn't ruined it.

I was able to run it as a sandbox with no prep required (aside from familiarizing myself with everything beforehand). There was not need for rails. There was always weird, wonderful stuff for the PC's to encounter no matter where they went or what they did.

I just had some asshole in the group, was the only problem.
>>
>>49053872
What did he do?
>>
>>49053872
That's what I was hoping to hear, Im running curse of stahd and I need want something a little more free form and a lot less prep when I finish.
>>
>>49053917

Besides taking two hours to buy equipment for a 1st level D&D character and getting bitchy when prodded to wrap it up?
Besides constantly complaining about how underpowered her character is when she had the highest overall ability scores and probably the most powerful character (an elf) in the party because she wasn't absolutely perfect at everything?

Well, unlike most players who start with D&D, she actually started learning RPG's with GM'less narrative systems. So she actually came into it expecting to be able to grab narrative control away from the GM.
She also came into this Alice and Wonderland + Dracula + D&D setting with her own ideas of what vampires should be based on "Science!"

And she just behaved herself like a spoiled, demanding cunt with a shitty attitude all through the game. Fucking 25 year old woman with worse behavior than my elementary school students.

The worst part though is that the other players defended her because "she's going through a rough time with her job!"

She was just a brat. That's the bottom line.
>>
>>49053989
Dicks will be dicks, cunts will be cunts.
We live with it.
I play with a teacher, he's pretty based and, though I've never taken part in any of his campaigns, apparently does bretty gud.
>>
>>49054190
Yeah, aside from that one person it was pretty fun. And I've had good OSR experiences since then.

Most of the people I play with are teachers. You have to develop communication skills and self censorship in this line of work, and those skills tend to translate to RP'ing pretty well.
>>
>>49053989
>Besides taking two hours to buy equipment for a 1st level D&D character and getting bitchy when prodded to wrap it up?

I hope you learned your lesson and now use random gear tables based on class for starting characters

Buying equipment is the lengthiest and most tedious part of OSR chargen, even with decent players
>>
>>49054434
And because I like you, a nicer looking version with Demi Humans included
>>
>>49054434
I like that.

>Save Link As...
>>
File: 1438151772631.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1438151772631.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49054455
I'll answer generosity with what seems to be pretty often requested.
>>
>>49054484
>“The players are the ultimate word of mouth authority, who will recommend your adventure or pan it to others, despite never having read a word of it.”

That sounds like /tg/ to a 't'! Thx
>>
File: Dying Earth.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Dying Earth.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49054484
Was supposed to link
>>49054434
>>49054451
But I'm tired as fuck.
Have a bonus round.
>>
>>49054529
Do you have the full version? This is great
>>
>>49053828
Wasn't there a companion piece of this, blue labyrinth or something?
>>
>>49056836
Maze of the Blue Medusa. Same author.
>>
>>49054677

Not that guy, but I've got a folder full of stuff for it. It's ~140 megs, so this will take a while. Hang on, zippyshare estimates it'll be 20-30 minutes..
>>
>>49059726

Zippyshare's being an ass, so it's going up in two parts to UploadMB instead.
>>
>>49054677

Here we go, Dying Earth and related:
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1472494496
http://www.uploadmb.com/dvv.php?id=1472495256

Contains:
The Dying Earth Appendices.pdf
The Dying Earth Archaeological Discussions on the 18th Aeon.pdf
The Dying Earth Corebook.pdf
The Dying Earth Cugel's Compendium of Indispensable Advantages.pdf
The Dying Earth Demons of the Dying Earth.pdf
The Dying Earth Exotic Weaponry of the Dying Earth.pdf
The Dying Earth Gomoshan's Tomb.pdf
The Dying Earth Kaiin Old Town Map.pdf
The Dying Earth Necrophages of the Dying Earth.pdf
The Dying Earth Quick-Start Rules.pdf
The Dying Earth Revitalization in Dying Earth RPG.pdf
The Dying Earth Suffering Supernatural Terror at Cugel-Level.pdf
The Dying Earth The Book of Unremitting Horror.pdf
The Dying Earth The Creep of Inaccuracy.pdf
The Dying Earth The Day of the Quelo.pdf
The Dying Earth The Exasperating Cadaver.pdf
The Dying Earth The Forgotten Deities of the Dying Earth.pdf
The Dying Earth The Kaiin Player's Guide.pdf
The Dying Earth The Scaum Valley Gazetteer.pdf
The Dying Earth Turjan's Tome of Beauty and Horror.pdf
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine

./The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine:
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine 01.pdf
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine 02.pdf
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine 03.pdf
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine 04-05.pdf
The Excellent Prismatic Spray Magazine 06.pdf
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.