[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to check out Konflict 47

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 38

File: Spinne-Model-333x394.jpg (27KB, 333x394px) Image search: [Google]
Spinne-Model-333x394.jpg
27KB, 333x394px
Anone happen to have a copy of the rules for it or its historically accurate sister game, Boltaction?
>>
I too am interested in Konflict 47
>>
Historical war games general should have links to bolt action in their trove. Have seen anything for konflict though. Flipped through the rule book at my lgs, definitely had some cool minis in the book, but nothing on the shelves with the book. Is it an unsupported line, are there plans for production for minis for it?
>>
Im not sure about Boltaction, but the somewhat revised Boltaction 2 just recently came out. Konflict is also pretty new. the only armies that are fully released are America and Germany, with Britain and the Soviets on the way soon (tm)
>>
Found this in Historical general under their wargames section.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>>
>>49053537
Responding to op just so people are curious will see this.

K47 is WWWII, aka Weird World War Two. Essentially, when the Americans tested the A bomb, instead of just blowing shit up, it tears open a rift to a new universe or some shit and opens up all kinds of possibilities for technology. Before they realize it though, they drop one on Germany and Japan, unwittingly giving the tech to the axis as well.

The Brits end up being allowed to study the American rift, but the Soviets are denied access, and naturally get pissed. Eventually the Soviets, paranoid the west is about to stab them in the back, cuts its alliance with the west and a 3 war erupts. With the former Allies turning on one another, Germany gets the breather it needed and surges back with its new rift tech, restoring its borders and eventually getting locked in a stalemate with the Allies /Russkies.

This brings us to the "present", at the end of the harshest winter in history, 1947 is promising to be the start of major offensives for all sides as they commit their special weapons to end the war once and for all.

Rules wise, its a mix of Bolt Action V1 (the fucksticks at Warlord never thought about warning Clockwork they were going to release BA 2.0 less than a month after K47 for some reason) and a couple other skirmish rulesets. Changes from Bolt Action include

>Reaction mechanic: units can react and get involved in firefights, fire out of turn, etc.
>Close combat heavily reworked to account for things like Zombies, heavy infantry, genetically modified "vampires" and "werewolves", and heavy walkers
>new special rules and weapons to represent things like gravity amplifiers, Tesla cannons, power armored infantry, and mechs.
>New national special rules to represent how nations have changed. Americans can reroll 1's to hit for some weapons due to having no shortage of ammo, while Germans get a bonus to order tests that involve counterattacking (like advancing toward an enemy unit)
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>49053843
It's supported, but the models are brand new. Last I read they sold out of their entire first run just filling preorders.

Models look cool as shit tho
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>49054654
>>
>>49054113
>Britain and the Soviets on the way soon
December. The look of either faction will guarantee my entry into the game (or not).
>>
>>49054666
>nazi zombies

Into the trash it goes
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 512x512px
>>49054858
You forgot your image
>>
Firestorm Games has stock of both starters if anyones interested and must have minis right now.

I peronsally waiting for the brits to see if I can just add a few units onto my existing bolt action army.
>>
>>49053537
Here are the beta rules. A few things have probably changed, but it's an indication of where the game will go.
>>
>>49055322
Here are the FOC rules, too. Looks a bit like 40k organisation. No indication of point costs and force sizes, though - not sure if this is a full army game or a skirmish game. Like, will >>49054654 be enough to run a force, or will it be like 40k where you need a 'starter box' and a bunch of other stuff too.
>>
>>49055080
>waiting for the brits to see if I can just add a few units onto my existing bolt action army.

You definitely can, It's what I've done with my USMC.
>>
>>49055322
>>49055339

These are the rules for the 15mm version.
>>
>>49055484
Im doing the same with the ruskies though from what I saw of their walkers Im totally grabbing at least a few new models. They seem to have built the game with the intent of it being able to be played on a level field of regular conventional arms and the crazy new tech. So while the new tech does neat stuff its not super powerful.
>>
>>49055494
Yes, but, the 28mm version is based on this beta. So many of the rules will be the same (albeit, out of scale) diggy?
>>
OH SHIT NIGGA WE WOLF BRIGADE NOW
>>
>>49053537
>>49054551
How is this not just Dust Tactics?
>>
>>49055574
SSSSSSHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>49054654
>an US tank with a gun capable of killing tanks

The Alt-universe is strong in this one indeed.
>>
>>49055574
It's Parente-free, which means it may have a chance at surviving.
>>
>>49054858
>>49054919
The only BS about it is that they are using German soldiers rather than dead Russians and Jews.

But that might be 2heavy and might've made not disrupting the Shoa actually detriminal, amirite?
>>
>>
>>49055649
I'm really liking the look of this German occult stuff.
>>
So, I've never played a game of Bolt Action or anything, so can someone answer me these questions three:

1) Do I need all the Bolt Action books and models and stuff to play this?

2) How large is your average game? As in, playing area, playing time etc...

3) The bits of the Konflikt 47 book available on Google Books says '1000 points is the standard game size for Konflikt 47' but how many models is 1000 points on average?
>>
>>49054919
>>49055601
It is just so tired, old trope. I don't ask Nazis being turned the good guys, but it's really tiresome to see nth incarnation of "le eebul nazi scientists wit zombies XD" and makes the setting morally B&W. There are some other Scifi Nazi tropes that could have worked in mini form (Moon Nazies, mystic Nazies), but no. They just had to make them zombies.
>>
>>49055814
Although, to be fair, the Brits have cyborgs and the Russian's have horrible mutant bear things.
>>
>>49055740
You'll only need books for the units you're going to use. So as long as you stick to one of the main factions you should be good with just getting one of the main country books. Though you may not even need that, I haven't gone over the rule book all that well.

It's based off of the bolt action rules, which is a platoon level game. The "reinforced platoon" which is used for the force organization is minimum a Lt and 2 squads, you can bolster it with as many as 3 more squads plus tanks and special weapons teams.

Something like 70-150 models if we're counting each infantry man separately, depending on country and era of the war. K47 has there own models but it also uses the standard bolt action models so you can easily play both games if you want to.
>>
>>49055866
What does America have, more guns?
>>
>>49056045
I especially like that they are releasing dual kits for some tanks.

So you get the normal Pz IV or Sherman kit but it comes with a resin turret so you can switch to the sci-fi weapons.
>>
>>49056303
Jetpacks.
>>
>>49055515

Yeah it's going to be a real help trying to get people who already play BA into it.

I love the russian light walker, the changes to the Recce rule make it pretty amusing.
>>
>>49056045
>70-150 models
Ouch. I'm just too old for that kind of commitment. Still, cool concept.
>>
>>49055516

BA is a completely different game, these rules bare little resemblance to the K47 rule book I have in my hand right now diggy?
>>
>>49056441
>has the book
>not scanning it for the thread
You are one selfish motherfucker.
>>
>>49056303

Mechs that punch stuff, everyone else's mechs are pretty much gun platforms.

Only the yanks thought it would be a good idea to give them the ability to bodyslam tanks.
>>
>>49056454

I don't have a scanner unfortunately.
>>
>>49056488
>not going out right now and buying a scanner
Selfish, selfish motherfucker.
>>
>>49055814
Can I hear an Amen, people...Bro that are the exact reasons I'll never looked into Weird War...Zombie-Germans everywhere (and usually the single "must play" unit on the german side)
>>
>>49056603
While I understand that taste is objective, surely it's a bit extreme to dismiss a) an entire wargame and b) an entire genre due to a single element used in a single faction within that wargame/genre?
>>
>>49056441
Does the book have fictional TO&E's for the factions or just army lists?
>>
Ive seen a couple games of konflict played, but I'm not let buying in myself until the soviets are out. It looks fun, even if the heavy infantry are a little silly when put into hard cover.
>>
>>49056691
TO&E?
>>
>>49057200
How the military forces are actually organised, what a normal platoon should have in it and what stuff is attached from higher levels. Stuff like that.
>>
>>49057301
>>49056691
Yes? I'll have to actually look at to give a more certain answe
>>
>>49056422
I haven't seen much on it yet beyond its called the Cossack which makes it any auto-buy for me.
>>
>>49056719
True though if you're hiding your heavy infantry you're doing it wrong, and that said I'm fucking stoked for the soviet heavies as they look sick, though Im curious what the nips are gonna get.
>>
File: 1413384968624.png (414KB, 793x821px) Image search: [Google]
1413384968624.png
414KB, 793x821px
>>49055595
>mfw I love Dust and still collect and paint
>no one to play glorious Warfare with

It hurts.
>>
>>49059033
sad to hear dubs dude, that said Im sick and tired of everyone calling it a Dust knockoff weird war has been around far longer hell, if anything Id say its got more in common with a game like gear krieg.
>>
>>49058265
I will be getting the book eventually, I just like it when a wargame actually lays out how the forces are organised in the fluff.

Since I prefer to build armies that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 458x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 458x345px
>>49055555
Aaaand I'm in.
>>
I can't wait for fucking soviet werebears. That's an army list right there, 5 units of werebears with unarmored trucks as transports flooring it across the table.

Armor? guns? fuck you, I'm a bear.
>>
I might just resurrect this thread for one more run, much like a zombie nazi
>>
>>49055574
Regular WWII units still play heavily in the game. So for example, for every spinne light Panzer mech you'll have the option for a normal tank like a StuG or Panzer IV. For every "nazi zombie" unit you'll have the option for good old Grenadiers or volksgrenadiers.

You can actually field an army of nothing but regular units from real WWII. You can usually field an army of nothing but weird tech too, but this a game where you can mix and match.

Dust as far as I'm aware only had weird tech. You never had options for regular infantry or tanks
>>
>>49055740
you don't need a single Bolt Action book, K47 is self contained.

those starter sets are a 1,000pts. As in that is a for real, 100% complete army. It'd be like if GW sold an 1850pt army in a box and called it a starter.

In addition, Bolt Action starters (and I would guess K47) usually are pretty good armies right out of the box. They might be a bit better tweaked, but you'll have a pretty balanced force and wouldnt need to spend another penny on models.

As for books, usually the main rulebook and a faction book if you're not happy with the big 4 list you have in the main book. Bolt action books run between 20-$40 depending on where you buy, so all told you can get in under $200 and still have extra cash for modelling supplies or a few models to swap in and out as options.
>>
>>49058924

So basically Recce means three things:

1) You can spot units using hidden set up at longer range.

2) You can make two reactions instead of one.

3) When someone reacts to one of your actions you can perform an order check to move.

All of those are really good but the third one is the amusing one.

Basically the russian walker could move out of cover and declare it's shooting some shclubs, said schlubs declare they will shoot back. The walker then says it's changed it's mind and runs out of los, or range, or whatever. Making a reaction isn't free and basically costs you your activation with that unit so they essentially can't do anything that turn because of the walker harassing them.

It's not a guaranteed thing as leadership tests are involved and if you fail the check you don't get to move or do the original shooting order as you kind of stall but it's a fantastic ability regardless.
>>
>>49055814
I have to agree with you with mystic nazis. The nazis were into actual occult bullshit, and seeing them perform blood rituals and other crazy things like in Wolfenstein would be rad. I guess that Warlord was going for a sci-fi look.

I do like that they are using the regular WW2 troop boxes though. Don't judge them by the paint jobs. The kits themselves are rad and have a million options.
>>
>>49065684
There are also winged ghoul-things and werewolves. So its not just zombies.
>>
You know what bugs me?

The nazis use gene mods to make monsters, right, ok.

What do the allies do? Make aryan supermen.

Do you see what my issue is here?
>>
>>49066461

the nazis already are aryan supermen, no need to make them.
>>
The figures don't look as good as Dust's (Probably an after affect of being 28mm instead of 32mm) but it has the serious advantage of not being dead and being based on Bolt Action's well established rules. I like how the figures are interchangeable as well. I could buy a cheapo 1/48 plastic tank instead of the crappy resin ones that Warlord makes if I wanted.
>>
>>49066461
Well the americans dont have any genetic engineering stuff. The lore says they were more "cautious" than the Germans. The American heavy troops just have power armor.
>>
>>49066569
1/56 according to the Bolt Action rulebook.
>>
File: slammer-samuels.jpg (76KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
slammer-samuels.jpg
76KB, 719x719px
>>49066570

Check again, the Americans have "The Paragon Program" which is totes not Captain America or anything.

The only mini at the moment is pic related which is the exclusive you get for buying direct from warlord but they are running a contest on the FB group to create another one so we'll almost certainly see more in the future.
>>
>>49066590
Yeah, it probably won't scale well to the point where I could have a tank commander sticking out of the top, but it should be fine for gameplay purposes otherwise. I just have nightmares after seeing the unboxing videos of Bolt Action tanks.
>>
>>49066683

Actually as a bonus for all you lovely people here are his rules.

>>49066704

I have a couple of the plastic ones, they're ok. Whats so bad about the resin ones?
>>
>>49066738
They come out mangled and with jagged moldlines, similar to how some Forgeworld tanks (Especially the knock offs) do.
>>
>>49066818

Thats a shame.

I picked up a US starter for K47 and the resin in that is pretty nice. Similar to the stuff Prodos put out if you're familiar with it.
>>
>>49055555
Wasn't there a company that made models similar to these but closer to 40k's scale?
>>
>>49055649
Love these.

>>49055673
My only problem is the one on the left, too stiff of a pose.
>>
File: dfg-in-001_3.jpg (753KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
dfg-in-001_3.jpg
753KB, 2560x1920px
>>49067301
Yeah, Dreamforge does really nice hard plastic space nazis. I am honestly considering proxying those in isntead of using the less than impressive monopose official figures, though I imagine that they might be too large.
>>
>>49067406

If you are using them as Heavy Infantry it won't matter if they're bigger since they're supposed to be.

I was thinking about the Eisenkern stuff earlier though since IIRC it was designed by Dreamforge but produced by Wargames Factory who are now defunct and Warlord have bought up a lot of their molds. I was wondering if that included the Eisenkern?

It'd be interesting if it did since the one game Warlord makes that it'd make sense for them to be in would be K47, especially since the Waffen-SS Shocktrooper are essentially Eisenkern already.
>>
>>49067406
Apparently Dreamforge's eisenkern models are listed as 1/56 and so is Bolt Actions so there shouldn't be too much of a difference potentially.
>>
>>49067570
I think that would be pretty cool actually. Giving the Eisenkern (Especially the crazier models like the leviathans) a proper rule system to gel in would be nice. For now the wermacht heavies are just metal dudes in blisters.
>>
>>49059033
Looks like you're in luck. You can probably use a lot of your stuff as proxies.
>>
>>49067570
I am pretty sure that the Wargames Factory stuff is still made in China, and that the Dreamforge stuff wasn't part of the deal.
>>
>>49067794
I don't think that most of them would work very well as proxies. Dust stuff is entirely 32mm so it would be too large, and the equipment is pretty different as well as the mechs. He would have to rebase most of the figures too. That said terrain could probably be interchangeable between the two games.
>>
>>49066704
I have 1/48 tanks. Bolt Action commanders actually look better if you're using metal ones. 1/48 tanks also look like they're not fucking clown cars next to infantry which is nice.
>>
File: KIMG0017.jpg (629KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0017.jpg
629KB, 1600x1200px
>>49067570
>>49067599
>>49067722
From left to right

>Black widow
>eisenkarn
>Valkir heavy trooper

the bolt action metal guys are the later war models released recently (which look awesome btw)

Honestly all 3 look great, I don't think you could go wrong here. I'm torn between the Regular trooper and the heavy trooper, the heavy definitely looks the part but looks a bit *too* bulky.

That said, regular eisenkarn come with panzerfausts and MG42/MP 40 looking weapons. As I still have about 20 unbuilt models I think I'll be using them. They look damn sexy next to the Bolt Action guys too.
>>
File: 1500x1123.jpg (152KB, 1500x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1500x1123.jpg
152KB, 1500x1123px
Would defend the revolution with.
>>
>>49070275
WHERE

HOW

GET
>>
>>49070295

In December
>>
>>49070275
All of my boners.
>>
>>49070275

[[muffled Slavic swearing]]
>>
>>49066738
Woah, he looks like an absolute beast. I found a page recently which contrasted 'Bolt Action' with 'Warhammer 40k' and one of the points they made was:
>"Unlike 40k, you do not have monstrous creatures or legendary heroes in Bolt Action. Your men are just men, and they die as such."
Konflikt 47 seems to have done away with that notion.
>>
>>49062250
Well now I'm confused. So the US Starter Kit has 27 models (20 regular infantry, 5 heavy infantry, 1 tank, 1 walker) and that's 1000 points worth? Enough to play the game in full? Because this guy >>49056045 has indicated that you need over 100 models to play.

This isn't very clear. But the point cost of >>49066738 this fellow seems to imply that ~30 models is more the speed for 1000 points.
>>
>>49072073
Yes, the starter set is a 1,000pts. I believe all of the models are rated regular (usually a veteran force will say it on the box) which means theyre standard troops. Vet armies have even less models, inexperienced would have a few more, but it sure as hell ain't featuring 70 per side on the low end. 70 would be a massive horde army at standard 1000pts play.

I have no idea what the fuck that guy is playing. Even my horde of Soviet infantry only numbers 70 models, and that's with a free 12 man squad thanks to a soviet special rule with no tanks or any additional support bigger than AT rifles and LMG's.

A list with tanks, like my USMC list, can number in the 30-40 range with a couple amtracs and a sherman, again at regular.

I don't know what game he's playing, but it isn't Bolt Action. The only excuse I can think of is he accidentally walked in on a mega battle at 2000pts with a Russian player that went full retard.

To give you an idea of points, a regular rifleman is 10pts. Thats a GI with a garand, a German with a mauser, a Soviet with a Mosin, etc. Yes, I suppose you could hit over a hundred models with a couple platoons, but you would get absolutely stomped the moment you ran into tanks or artillery/air spotters and other anti horde type weapons.

~30pts for a model could be right or wrong. A 2nd Lt at inexperienced is 35pts. An artillery observer rated regular on the other hand is a 100pts just by himself. I'd expect that guy costs more in the 100 range depending on abilities and rank (which has a major role in game)
>>
>>49072839
You've switched me from 'Euuuugh' to Preordering the US Starter Box. Thanks anon for all your advice. Very helpful.
>>
>>49072839
Possibly I can't count. Actually that's exactly what it is, I was going of model count in a box, but that's not a squad, it's like 1-2 German squads. My bad
>>
>>49055673
>Shrekwulfen

it's ogre
>>
>>49066818
I got a Warlord Sherman V and Humber Mk. IV and those were fine.Clean-up needed of course, but nothing unusual for resin.

>>49072839
Just want to back this up. I've got British Indian & Hungarian Bolt Action forces and at 1000 points my Indian force contains 43 men, a Bren Carrier, a Humber Mk. IV and a Sherman V.
My Veteran rated Hungarians at 900 points consists of 36 men and a Nimrod.
>>
>>49070275
ooooh yesssss also I didn't realize the unit leader carried a fucking sledgehammer, that's epic.
>>
>>49072839
I was gonna say, I mean box of soviet infantry with some extra bits and bobs gives you damn near a whole army, there's what? Forty models per box or something like that, and this gives me a serious reason to finish up my soviet winter infantry and get them looking decent. Now if only someone else around here like WWII shenanigans.
>>
>>49066818
Watched an unboxing and everything looked pristine, but I was surprised by the casual mixing of metal, plastic and resin.
>>
Those Soviet power suits make me want to start collecting the Russians.
>>
Depending on what troop quality you go for the US starter set is around 600pts if inexperienced, 800pts for regular, and 900pts for veteran.

That's assuming you build the infantry as a 2nd Lt with an extra man, a 2 man bazooka team, and 2 squads of 8 infantry.

On the weapon sprue you get sniper rifles so you could swap 2 of the infantry to make a sniper team if you like, you actually have quite a lot of options out of the box. You'd almost certainly end up having to buy more stuff to make a truly competitive list but for a starter it's really not bad.
>>
File: Axis Heavy AA Walker.png (258KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
Axis Heavy AA Walker.png
258KB, 600x421px
>>49059033
>those Dust models are so goddamn good
>nothing compares
>i didnt even play the game, I just bought one of the heavy axis walkers because it was just that goddamn cool

why must we live in this world
>>
>>49075733

They make me want to stomp around the East European plains in power armor shooting nazi werewolves with an anti-tank rifle and splattering zomboes with a huge fucking hammer whlist occasionally taking breaks to pour whole bottles of vodka directly into the view slit.

But I guess collecting the soviet models will do.
>>
File: img5325dbe673f59.jpg (525KB, 800x4200px) Image search: [Google]
img5325dbe673f59.jpg
525KB, 800x4200px
>>49076327
The Flamm-Luther is IMO the best-looking model in the game.It just looks blunt and mean.

I am interested in Konflicht 47 though. Wonder if they changed their kits at all though - the last box of Grenadiers I tried to build was a nightmare of arms and weapons that refused to match up properly. I might just be retarded though.
>>
>>49077240
Soldiers arms are notoriously tricky. Glue gun to trigger hand, then glue that arm to the torso, lastly glue the other arm to the gun and the torso at the same time.
>>
>>49077323
Hrm. I'll have to take a stab at that when I get home then. Thanks.
>>
>>49077323
yeah I had to learn that the hard way, the one thing Im hoping Konflict doesn't do that dust did is include smart zombies, for some reason that's always rubbed me the wrong way. Also Im super stoked for the British Robo-infantry.
>>
>>49077787
I dunno, I liked the Ubertoten. Damn solid units in-game, too. But I can see where you're coming from.

I am liking those Werewolf sculpts in Konflict though, damn pretty.
>>
Do we know which British tanks if any will have a sci-fi turret option?
>>
>>49054113
>revised Boltaction 2 just recently came out.

It didn't yet. It will be released in mid-end September.
>>
>>49055574
Kinda, but with actual competent guys behind it.
A great way to use DUST mechs and minis.
>>
>>49080197

At the Moment they only have the Cromwell-T which is a Cromwell armed with a Tesla cannon.

Honestly ATM most factions don't have all that much weird war stuff. There has been talk of army books coming out in the future so I guess most of it is being saved for them.

I'm hoping they'll fill in a few gaps, for example while it's possible to run an entire army of heavy infantry there is no heavy infantry HQ for any of the factions so it'd be nice for that to become an option.
>>
File: 993445462b.jpg (30KB, 481x450px) Image search: [Google]
993445462b.jpg
30KB, 481x450px
>>49056045
>>49056434

No way an average 1000 point army in Bolt Action will have 70+ minis. 150??? Fucking what?
(Maybe if you play soviets with nothing but unarmed conscripts).

Pic related is a pre-bundled 1000 point army sold by Warlord Games. Count the minis if you want. Its usually 1-2 vehicles, a few support weapons and a few squads of infantry (less if veterans because of higher point costs, more if you went with inexperienced)
>>
>>49066569
You can easily use Dusts minis/mechs if you like them better, just as you simply can use 1/48 tanks.
Same with Dreamforge infantry instead of Warlords metal minis for heavy infantry.
>>
>>49066590
Their tanks are 1/56, but their minis are "heroic" scale 28mm (similar size than GW) and some hatches on tanks are actually to small and a regular BA soldier would never fit in. Tank commander minis are often notably smaller in scale.
Thats why lots of people ignore the 1/56 vehicles and play with (cheaper actually) slightly bigger 1/48 vehicles.
>>
>>49066818
Maybe you got a bad batch? If something looks really bad, just write them a mail with a pic and they will replace it instantly.
While their resin tanks aren't bad (for resin and compared to other companies) i still prefer to have plastic kits. Resin is just to annoying to work with.
>>
>>49067301
>but closer to 40k's scale?

Bolt Action is 100% 40k scale actually.
>>
File: german squad.jpg (987KB, 2675x1215px) Image search: [Google]
german squad.jpg
987KB, 2675x1215px
>>49067406
>>49067599

I actually intend to do the same thing. The Dreamforge minis look better and the plastic kits are simply superior to single pose minis.

Pic related is some WIP stuff i'm working on. One Eisenkern heavy trooper together with some regular Bolt Action germans.
>>
>>49067803
Dreamforge is its own company. They just outsourced the casting process to WGF (who outsourced it to their factory in china).

Since the WGF online store is closed but Dreamforge still sells their stuff (and still releases new kits) on their website i assume Warlord has not bought them.
>>
>>49072029
K47 is a spinoff. Totally optional. (And actually developed by a 3rd party company "Clockwork Goblin" who designs the Sci-Fi units).
Its just based upon the existing BA rules and uses some of the existing units.
>>
>>49074337

Soviets usually can go with a bit more infantry but if you go for veterans, a box of 40 totally makes your army.
Keep in mind that they get a free squad of 12 inexperienced men because of their special rule, so that leaves "only" 28 from that box.
>>
>>49080451
Well that's fine, I was just not sure whether I wanted a Cromwell or a Churchill for my future BA/K47 British force.
>>
>>49077240
could you ever get that as a kit or even unpainted? Looks like they only sold it as some prepainted 'premium' thing
>>
>>49080896
Do they actually sell kits?
All i've ever seen is pre-assembled and pre-primed.

I never understood why they sold different versions of their stuff. Primed, Painted, Premium.. that seems so stupid somehow
>>
>>49080969
yeah, if you emailed them you could buy a kit unassembled for your sick needs
>>
File: 1458160221872.jpg (81KB, 350x729px) Image search: [Google]
1458160221872.jpg
81KB, 350x729px
>American slapping a filthy commie weapon on their glorious Sherman
FUCKIN SLAVS
>>
>>49053537
>historically accurate sister game, Boltaction?
bolt action isn't really historically accurate. It was written by a guy who admitted not really knowing much about the period or tactics.
>>
>>49080896
You can order it as primed version here for example:

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Dust-Tactics-Axis-Flamm-Luther-Wotan-Wotan-AR-PRIMED-ED
>>
>>49080896
You should be able to, somewhere. It came in a kit with the Wotan/Wotan-AR.

Then again, it seems to be hard to come by lately.
>>
>>49081424
Since the rights of the games seem to be settled all of the kits will be available again soon-ish.

Old FFG boxes are getting rare though.
>>
>>49081456
I know, I've been on a bit of a binge lately, trying to get my hands on some whenever they show up.
That's actually the last thing I need, is that box set. Got everything else, courtesy of some nice folks on Bartertown.

Not a big fan of that new ruleset though. Think I'm just gonna stick with Warfare, if I can find a game.
>>
>>49081552
Check the link in >>49081257
That shop also sells the FFG version of that box. (actually 10€ cheaper)
>>
>>49081570
Unfortunately, I live in murrica, so the shipping would kill any deal I could get, I think. Thanks though.
>>
>>49081658
A that sucks, but there is certainly a store in the US with that kit still in stock.
>>
File: owwmywallet.jpg (145KB, 1132x683px) Image search: [Google]
owwmywallet.jpg
145KB, 1132x683px
>>49081678
Oh, there are some. But I'm not nearly that retarded yet.
>>
>>49081768
Oh wow.. some people really are greedy assholes.
>>
>>49070275
I'm just sad that they gave the Americans Tesla weapons. I want RA2 Tesla Troopers, dammit!
>>
>>49080583

bolt action is 28mm. 40k is Heroic 28mm. They don't match.
>>
File: pacific_rim_cherno_alpha.jpg (330KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pacific_rim_cherno_alpha.jpg
330KB, 1600x1000px
>>49070275
>we want the Pacific Rim audience
>>
>>49082139
Huh, didn't even notice, but that is oddly similar. I like it.
>>
>>49082139
Im totally fine with that.
>>
So we heard much on the japs yet?
>>
scans never?
>>
>>49083373

The Nazis reluctantly shared their tech with the Japs hoping that they would act as something of a distraction and give them some time to catch their breath.

We don't know much about the Japanese beyond them having incredible submarines that they've used to great effect against the US Navy and that they are apparently masters of zombie technology, even surpassing the germans who invented it.

I was thinking about that and thought it'd be neat if the Japs had Banzai suicide units that could reanimate as zombies.
>>
>>49083606

If the thread is still up and if I have time and if you're very good I might upload it tomorrow.
>>
File: BSRA Op.png (1024KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BSRA Op.png
1024KB, 778x1000px
>>49083710
I'll be on me best behavior!
>>
anyone got any news on bolt action 2?
>>
File: HSW-002 Skysweeper.jpg (113KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
HSW-002 Skysweeper.jpg
113KB, 800x594px
>>
How does this compare to Dust?
>>
>>49087716
They both involve WWII models
They are both played on a tabletop
>>
So how is this different from Blackball's AE-WWII ?
Other than having mech models in production.
>>
>>49088572
Slightly larger scale?
>>
>>49082069
>they dont match

as a guy who owns tons of models for both, you're either blind or a moron.

Hell, Soviet infantry actually make really good plastic Valhallans with a bit of conversion work
>>
>>49087716
Not a great deal, aside from some of the aesthetics. Different activation sequence, different shooting, etc.

Both are fun games though, Bolt Action and Dust.
>>
>>49077240
look for newer kits. The new kits are awesome. One piece weapon arms (as in weapon molded in arm, sometimes even with slings!) more dynamic poses, and better proportions. Off the top of my head, the new kits are

>Blitzkrieg Germans
>German Pioneers (contains extra bits including a Flamethrower and Goliath for like $4 extra, no reason to not buy it over Blitzkrieg)
>German Panzergrenadiers (buy this if you want a shitload of Faust's and AR's)
>USMC (can be kitted for all periods, although it's got more stuff for Late war)
>Japanese (includes bits for lunge mines, flags, knee mortars, and katanas)
>Japanese SNLF (Jap marines, comes with extra metal models, heads, and kit)
>US Paratroopers (soon to be released, they look great)

I've assembled the old kraut kit as well, it was a bitch and a half, and good lord the models were pumpkin headed. Pick up the newer German kits, theyre awesome. Theyre a single sprue yet they have way more variety than the old kits did. You can usually make observers, snipers, officers, medics, AT specialists, and other nation specific things. For example, Japs get bits to make light mortar and suicide anti tank teams, Americans can make Bazooka teams, Germans get a truckload of AT weapons, and soviets get panzerfausts/AT Rifles.
>>
>>49089756
Wonder how hard it would be to fuse them if you really wanted to
>>
>>49082069
>bolt action is 28mm

Their plastic minis are far on the heroic side of that "scale" Anon.

Perry plastics is true 28mm, and these are notably smaller than Warlord soliders.
>>
>>49088572
>>49087716

It has a huge playerbase because its based on Bolt Action
>>
>>49090286
beyond some of the more esoteric stuff, probasbly not hard BA is an excellent rule set because everything is basically rolling the same set of stats I could see it being very easy to port stuff like walkers over for example.
>>
One of the biggest differences between true and heroic 28mm scale miniatures are the weapons.
>>
File: PIP PIP PUNY FLESHBAGS.jpg (53KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
PIP PIP PUNY FLESHBAGS.jpg
53KB, 400x285px
Do we know what the brits get? Outside of these hilarious Machine Gun toting Robot Murder Butlers?
>>
>>49081768
Fuckin scalpers should get scalped themselves (by native americans)
>>
>>49093144

Mostly they get American stuff on lend lease so they get Grizzly mechs but they've switched some stuff around. instead of Tesla Sherman's they have Tesla Cromwell's and they've adapted the Coyote light walker into what they call a Guardian by giving it a flamethrower.

Stuff that they have unique to them are the robot murder butlers, an automated universal carrier using the same tech as the murder butlers that's kind of a twin autocannon armed robotic tankette, and possibly the best heavy infantry in the game the Galahad armoured suits.
>>
>>49093240

>Drone tanks
>Galahads

Can you share stats?
>>
>>49093311

I can't take pics at the moment but I can write it out:

>Galahads

Cost: 150pts for 1 NCO and 3 men, all Veteran

Weapons: LMG Range: 30" Shots: 3 Pen: 0

Options: Add up to 4 more men at 35pts each. Give the unit anti-tank grenades for 2pts each

Special Rules:

Large Infantry: Count as 2 spaces in a transport

Resilient: Wounded on a 6+ for shooting but not combat.

Tough: Whenever the unit takes damage they can ignore it on a 5+ unless the attack was penetration 2 or better.

Slow: Move 4" and run 8" instead of 6" and 12"

Tank hunters: If they take grenades damage in assaults against tanks counts as full rather than superficial.

>Automated Carrier

Cost: 90pts Regular

Weapons: 2 turret mounted light autocannons Range: 48" Shots: 4 Pen: 2 High Explosive: D2

Damage Value: 7+

Special Rules:

Automaton: This is the rule all robots have and breaks down to the following: 1) cannot be given Assault or Ambush orders 2) No Reactions 3) Must always make an order test even when they have no pin markers 4) May fire Fixed weapons while moving 5) Immune to Horror 6) Medics and Officers have no effect 7) national special rules don't apply.

Flak: Shoots at air units automatically

Turn on the Spot: The vehicle can basically move at full speed in any direction but it'll end it's move facing the direction it traveled in.
>>
>>49053537
>historically accurate sister game, Boltaction?
>Bolt Action
>Historically Accurate

Granted, Flames of War isn't much better, but Bolt Action is a fairly generic system that could be used for almost any genre.

Unless I'm mistaken, Beyond the Gates of Antares is just a sci-fi re-skin of Bolt Action.
>>
>>49094503
There are some differences between GoA and BA, but the core is the same, true.
>>
>>49055590
>an US tank with a gun capable of killing tanks
>The Alt-universe is strong in this one indeed.

>What is the Sherman 76mm?
>What is the Pershing?

The US got it's shit together by late 1944, early 1945.

And that being said, the standard 75mm-armed Sherman was great in North Africa until the Big Cats started showing up.
>>
>>49094572

...weren't the big Cats there before the Americans even arrived? Rommel got sent in to clean up the Italians mess as I recall.

He then proceeded to be Inspector Gadget to the Commonwealth forces Doctor Claw on multiple occaisions only missing capture or defeat by the most preposterous of luck.

Don't get me wrong, Rommel was a hell of a commander, but he wasn't quite AS good as the British Armed Services managed to make him look.
>>
>>49094692
>British

Might have helped if the Americans did not send as much information about the British forces as they could over wireless with a code that the Axis had already cracked.
>>
>>49094692
I'm not 100% sure on the exact timeline.

But against other common tanks from 1941-43 the Stuart, Lee, Grant, and Sherman were all capable.

They were on-par with Panzer IIIs and the short-barreled Panzer IVs.

The long-barreled Panzer IVs, Tigers, and Panthers were where Shermans started to get out-classed.

It wasn't until 1944 and 45 that the US started to catch up again in terms of firepower.
>>
>>49055590
Late war shermans did just fine. Early/mid war the US tank doctrine wasnt built around large scale tank v tank action. They were there to support infantry mostly. Aircraft were the predominant tank killers that the US feilded
>>
>>49095073
Planes and dedicated tank hunter units
>>
>>49095073
that's largely because the U.S. didnt have a tank doctrine to really speak of and had to learn the hard way. With that said its sorta funny they're the ones leading Walker doctrine.
>>
>>49095073
>>49095512
You might want to read up about that planes-killed-many-tanks meme, because its just that.
They had huge effect on morale and prevented movement but actual tank kills are pretty rare.
>>
>>49095873
Yeah, but air power wasn't the only way the Americans dealt with German tank. They had M18s to flank them too
>>
File: 1454854035807.png (25KB, 238x247px) Image search: [Google]
1454854035807.png
25KB, 238x247px
Any lore for the heavy infantry power armor
>>
What is it about WWII that makes it so prone to the 'Weird' factor? Why aren't there any zombies in WWI, or any mechs in Vietnam?

Is it because WWII is the only 'good war' where allied forces clearly held the moral high-ground? Is that what makes it okay to mess with, but not okay to mess with Vietnam etc?
>>
>>49098450
Nazi Occultism
>>
>>49098850
Surely that can't be the only thing. One belligerant on one faction practises occultism, and now we have a setting with power armor, mechs, mutants and demons from all belligerents and factions?
>>
>>49098450
>Vietnam
You mean that war in which the good side systematically used chemical weapons on civilians and the bad side was fighting to overthrow the second corrupt regime foreign powers had installed in its homelands with nothing but grit and patriotism?
>>
>>49098450
WW2 was rife with crazy ruses, inventions and tactics. From Operation Mincemeat, Hobarts Funnies, and things like Hilter's super weapons.
>>
>>49098943
It's also hilarious that it's the "NEIN NEIN NEIN OUR DESTINY IS TO WIN THIS WAR BEFORE EVERYBODY ELSE HAS ROLLED OUT THEIR 2ND and 2.5 GEN AIRCRAFTS111...111 SHUT UP ABOUT UPGRADING OUR FIGHTER FLEET! ALSO THIS RIFLE WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO FOUGHT THE WAR OF THE TRENCHES, SO WE DON'T NEED NO STURMGEWEHR"-faction is the one rolling out walkers and shit.
>>
>>49099047
Yes, that's why I contrasted it against the morally clearer WWII. Maybe it's not kosher on some deep, squeamish, postcolonial level to make light of Vietnam, but why not WWI?
>>49099080
Good point, actually. WWII had a lot of whacky borderline operations. Then again, so did Vietnam: gyrojet weapons, psychics etc...
>>
>>49099145
Its not like there aren't (video) games and movies about WW1 and zombies and stuff like that.
Its just that WW2 is like a billion times more popular than both, vietnam and ww1 together.
>>
>>49055673
>occult stuff
it's not occult! it's genetic modification. Konflikt 47 explicitly states that there is no super natural magic stuff involved.
>>
File: GER026.jpg (122KB, 604x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GER026.jpg
122KB, 604x1000px
>>49099249
And that is why i am hugely disappointed by it. They missed a huge opportunity there.

I want to field my Vril-magus
>>
>>4909930
there doesn't seem to be any blatantly occult weird war games does there?
>>
>>49100430
I think Tannhauser : Field Ops fits that bill.
>>
>>49100607
never even heard of it actually.
>>
>>49097407
As far as I know, its heavy plate with 'some' power to help them move. It's not perfect because they move slower, but it does make them tougher
>>
>>49099303
it's for the best. If it was occult there wouldn't be much point to regular soldiers and weapons.

Plus it's cooler to see the factions so crazy advanced that they made myth reality. I can just imagine some nazi super scientist sitting there going

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CANT SUMMON VAMPIRES?!? BULLSHIT. HANS, HAND ME THAT SCALPEL, IVE GOT WORK TO DO.
>>
>>49101030
was first fielded by the U.S. shortly after the krauts saw what it could do and decided they could do better. Brits figured they could make it tougher and the Russians figured it needed more guns/a goddamn full helmet.
>>
>>49101105
>If it was occult there wouldn't be much point to regular soldiers and weapons.
There's plenty of reasons you could just fy not having magical Nazi ubermensch squads everywhere. Maybe they're too rare to field in great number, or too valuable to be sent used for grunt work. Or maybe Hitler hoards them as his personal guard and death squads.
>>
>>49098450

WWI is seen by many as being "the boring war" so it never gets any love and vietnam is such a moral and ethical shitfest that most people don't want to go anywhere near it so again no love.

World War II on the other hand is already pretty weird, technological advancement was huge and fast, for many frighteningly fast, so it fits thematically to throw in a lot of the weird stuff.
>>
>>49098450
Wyrd is putting out their Weird WWI game out on Kickstarter soon.
>>
File: animu.jpg (113KB, 647x497px) Image search: [Google]
animu.jpg
113KB, 647x497px
>>49093736
tnx m8!
>>
File: Gritty Louise.jpg (161KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
Gritty Louise.jpg
161KB, 1280x725px
Crimsons Skies wargame when?
>>
>>49055555
I've been waiting for this day. I'm sold.
>>
>>49101505
Wyrd eh? Those guys are alright. Will check that out.
>>
>>49101505
The Other Side? That's really less Weird WWI and more the logical escalation of Malifaux's Victorian steampunk into a fictional early-twentieth century.
>>
>>49054666
>sharp legs designed for sinking into the ground and getting stuck

That mech is poorly designed bullshit even by mech standards.
>>
>>49054858
Literally every single Weird World War II setting, game or miniature range (and there are several dozens of them out there) have nazi zombies in them, just get used to it.
>>
>ITT: people pretending there's not literal dozens of manufacturers that make models of nazi werewolves, WWII power armour and zombies

They're cool models, but this is all stuff that's already out there. Very generic.
>>
Is there a picture of these Russian bear dudes?
>>
>>49103527
>literal dozens of manufacturers
name them then
>>
>>49056664
Not when it's in literally every single game of that genre. I'd love to see someone do anything actually creative with the Weird World War concept.
>>
>>49103527
In plastic? Yeah fuck off
>>
>>49103738
>The Nazi occult researchers succeed in bringing about the end of the world
>Old Gods come and destroy the Axis, enslaving the Germans
>Soviets turn to the legends and magic of the Motherland
>Allies use the Old Gods' magic to make magitech
There.
>>
The rulebook is $18 on Google Play right now - that's under half the price of the HC, and slightly less than buying the digital version from Osprey direct.
https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=9hPADAAAQBAJ&source=ge-web-app
>>
>>49104070
That's pretty much The Day After Ragnarok.
>>
>>49104221
Never heard of it, but wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>49103431

It is.

BUT

Anti grav is a thing in setting so I guess in theory it could have an antigrav that doesn't give it enough oomph to fully hover but it can kind of "glide" along on its spindly legs.

This is the headcanon I will use to prevent myself from hating it. It's better for my blood pressure.
>>
File: image.jpg (490KB, 1100x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
490KB, 1100x822px
I found these on google which I don't think were posted.
>>
File: image.jpg (542KB, 1100x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
542KB, 1100x822px
>>49104315
>>
File: image.jpg (514KB, 1100x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
514KB, 1100x822px
>>49104315

Some robot walker things
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 640x478px
>>49104315

There's also a wip of a t34 with a sonic something turret
>>
>>49104315
>>49104335
I'm digging these Brit models, especially the robots. The one eye and stylish helmets are very dapper.
>>
>>49105462
i wonder if they shout propaganda during combat like a British liberty prime
>>
>>49055555
>quint 5's

The future is bright for this game
>>
>>49103884
But none of the K47 nazi zombies or werewolves are plastic. Even the tanks and walkers shown so far are in resin.
>>
>>49053537
Why do Bolt Action vehicles suck so badly? Their scale is not even close (WAY TOO SMALL)
>>
>>49106138
It is hard to compete with scale military model makers, who have had this craft down to an art for decades. If I were you I would just see if you could get a 1/48 tank from your preffered hobby supplier. That way you can have a tank at the right size.
>>
>>49105550
>shouts in favor of Brexit
>falls apart
>>
>>49106220
The problem is that I want their weird war vehicles but in proper scale, i know regular tanks are easy to come by at proper scale. :(
>>
>>49054654
Stop Konlfict. I can only get so hard.
>>
>people using 'generic' as a criticism again

Why do people keep doing this?

Who cares if people already made Weird War stuff?
>>
So uh....

How "Historical" is this game?

My only concern is too many people playing one faction, so that the possible players are limited because "We can't fight amongst armies"
>>
File: hitlerknight.jpg (32KB, 552x485px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerknight.jpg
32KB, 552x485px
>>49066461
Haha I can imagine the SS having angelic knight-like soldiers. But they kinda just go "germans are the bad guys, so give them all the bad guy minions".
>>
>>49107344
Well, the timeline "splits" 1944.

More importantly, you can run a 100% regular WWII army in this game. I could take my LW Ostfront germans for example armed with AR's, panzerfausts, MMG teams, a Flamethrower, pak 40, and a hetzer and have a perfectly legal army. You wouldn't need a single "weird" unit.

Alternatively, I'm sure there are ways to go 100% weird, you'd probably be a bit limited in support, but a heavy infantry force (or in the krauts case, a massive horde of zombies with some handlers) with walkers and grab tanks is possible.
>>
>>49107683
Well I guess what I mean to ask is...

Can I play Germans vs Germans and Americans vs Americans without people flipping out about it.
>>
>>49108187
I would like to know this also
>>
>>49104335
>Robot sniper with single eye
>Has googles with two eye-pieces
Were these designed by Matt Groening?
>>
>>49103431
Funny you should say that, because in the rulebook that mech does not fare well over difficult terrain, but absolutely motors along roads.
>>
>>49103527
This is true, but few if any of those manufacturers have any kind of reach. Nice models are nice, but what I'm really looking for is a playerbase at my LGS, and Bolt Action already has a dozen dedicated players in town (several of whom are chomping at the bit to get at these Konflikt models). Like, AE-WWII is nice, but no one's even heard of it, let alone is ready to play it.
>>
>>49059033

What the fuck even happened to Dust?
>>
>>49109245
It blew away.... Hue hue hue
>>
>>49108187
>>49108986
I'd assume so. I've done blue on blue in historical so I don't see why this would be a problem.

All kinds of reasons

The obvious example is a training exercise. It never hurts to practice against your own stuff in case someone steals it. Or a rogue group, say some scientist/officer decided he could defect and now another group is trying to stop them.

I mean, people play space marines vs space marines all the time, don't see why this would be different. Obviously most would prefer an opponent that makes sense historically (or weird history ) but I doubt too many people would be fussy over it.
>>
>>49109245

Dusts Problems seem to be solved at this point and noe, after FFG is out, it gets a re-release and the guys backing it on KS finally got their stuff.
I doubt this will save the game but it might be a good oppotunity to pick up some sweet looking mechs and tanks
>>
>>49107370
I could get behind the monster angle, if they are played more like the desperate last measure (and symbol to the nation dying both physically and ideologically), but alt-WW2 timeline seems to usually be more like
>"1941: Nazi-Germany finds superscience. Proceed to create mechas and zombies"
And allies are underdogs with beautiful alternatives. Why not make German supersoldiers stereotypical Aryan demigods, but complete psychos? These are the guys that burned Paris. This guy single handedly committed a genocide. Kinda like Space Marines, but more straightly presented as inhuman monsters. But beauty equals goodness.
>>
>>49109385
I don't know its viability, but I'd like to run a horde of German zombies backed up by a core of German heavy infantry in power armor with a tank or two. These are your supermen, and these? These are the ones not pure enough to wear the armor of the third reich.
>>
>>49107370
>>49109385
check out the comic series Uber
it plays with this concept a bit and its pretty neat
>>
>>49106220
Warlord actually sources out their plastic vehicles to Italeri. That company is around for 50 years.
The problem is that very early they (and lots of others) decided that 1/56 is the only real scale to go with 28mm minis.
It actually fits to older (and smaller)/more true scale 28mm minis.
They didn't thought about the scale creep though and about the popularity of heroic minis which are the norm these days.
>>
>>49109408
Could work, but you'd have to drive the eugenics angle a bit more home. Like other anon mentioned already in the thread, make them PoW, jews and other unwanted people. But then, too edgy for a wargame.
>>
>>49109437
>implying this is not the natural form of the jew
>at least, thats what your gonna tell people in the propaganda movies/broadcasts
>>
>>49109492
You have to face the irl consequences, though.
Oy Vey, shut it down!
>>
>>49101105
I don't mind their "tech"-approach to the WWW2 scenario. It just feels lame that despite of going the "its weird technology"-path they include mythical creatures (vampires, werewolves, zombies) with lame excuses (hurr experiments) instead of focusing on the tech aspects. Jets, flying saucers, strange what-iff prototypes, power armor.. there is enough of this stuff
>>
>>49109437
>>49109517
>the owner of my LGS is a full-blown, yamaka wearing, shabbath observing Jew
>he also has the largest and most comprehensive Bolt Action army of all of us
>and they're all 1941 German forces
I mean, I guess it was like 75 years ago and he's at least two generations removed from the actual events, but every time I see him at the table with his little hat and swastika men I feel like pulling this face.
>>
>>49103668
Not him but there are really alot of companies with Weird War minis

>Westwind/Secrets of WW2
>AE/Darkson Design (the best in my opinion)
>Dreamforge
>Reaper Miniatures (Nazi Zombies)
>Warlord games (pre K47)
>Dust/FFG
>What The?! Miniatures
>Graven Images
>Brigade Games

and probably a couple of others who don't do weird war stuff, but whose minis would fit in perfectly. Old Not-Soviet AT-43 walkers for example or futuristic/post-apo samurai minis by urban mammoth
>>
>>49107344
It comes down to your opponents really.

If you manage to find some hardcore history buffs with autism then they might complain about "us vs us" or "germans vs germans" but usually nobody cares.
The rules, or the game itself, won't stop you from playing against your own faction.
>>
>>49109704
Only because he is a jew he doesn't need to have any kind of connection (be it family or emotional) to ww2. Why should he care?
And even if he had, he is certainly to young to have been there and his little plastic/metal soldiers certainly didn't gas his granny.
>>
>>49109879
>>49109704

Plus, you know, this way nobody will feel awkward about playing against him with their Germans.
>>
>>49109745
AT-43 was rumoured to be originally Weird War -game and the title would mean "Alternative Timeline 43", not " After Trauma 43".

>>49109691
Yeah, there is enough of cooky concepts and even reality to draw inspiration for m, like https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielgerät_1229
>>
>>49098450
>Is it because WWII is the only 'good war' where allied forces clearly held the moral high-ground? Is that what makes it okay to mess with, but not okay to mess with Vietnam etc?
pretty much, there's plenty of fiction inspired by WW1 and Vietnam that goes weird, but most of it doesn't do it historically instead applying their aspects to fictional realities(for example the anime Armored Trooper VOTOMS is basically Vietnam With Robots for a large chunk of the show, as is Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team)
>>
>>49109691
>Jets, flying saucers, strange what-iff prototypes, power armor.. there is enough of this stuff
Frankly, the problem with those is that the Germans didn't have the raw materials for anything and Hitler nailed them down on producing outdated tech whenever he could get away with. Meanwhile, the allies solved all of their problems with having air-superiority and having A LOT of everything. Even IF whole new ranges of technology would appear all of a sudden, you'd only get to see its results during the 50s and 60s after the Russians and Americans paperclip'd the shit outta German and Japanese research, simply because all sides were already locked down in multi-year production- and supply-plans.
>>
>>49110172

Does make me wonder if the Jet-Fighters design they had would have made a difference if Hitler hadn't INSISTED on it going back to the drawing board and made into a fighter-bomber.

At the end of the day, if there was one man who did the most to hasten the defeat of Nazi germany, it was probably Hitler himself.

>"Let's invade Russia...!*"
>"Let's not bother with giving Eastern Front troops proper cold weather gear!"
>"Oh well, that hasn't worked. I know, I'll micromanage our defence because I am a tactical genius!"
>"Let's put all of our now highly finite** on every more costly and impractical wonder weapons!"
>"I know, lets make it so the heavy panzer divisions can only receive orders to mobilise from me! Now to take all of the sleeping pills and sleep until 2 in the afternoon!"

*"...Before they invade us!" admittedly.
** Because we couldn't take the oil rich caucuses and Italy couldn't organise a piss-up inside a giant bottle of schnaps let alone hold the middle east.
>>
>>49110221
>Does make me wonder if the Jet-Fighters design they had would have made a difference if Hitler hadn't INSISTED on it going back to the drawing board and made into a fighter-bomber.
Their flight time would still have been extremely limited due to the engine's fans combusting above certain temperatures, a problem the Meteors didn't suffer from.
>>
>>49109199
WW2 era tanks murdered roads, and you think four needle tipped pistons would do any better?
>>
>>49105550

If you've ever played Sir, You are Being Hunted I imagine they sound like the robots in that.
>>
>>49110504
Less what I think, more what the rules say.
>>
>>49107172

Because they don't have any real criticism and it's all but certain that they are a GW shill.

Same thing happens when ever anyone mentions Infinity, the 40kids come out in full force and whinge about how generic it is because they have no real basis for criticism.
>>
>>49109879
I've never understood why people on 4chan do this so often. You say something, and then someone replies to you in order to refute what you're saying, but they just end up saying basically the same thing that you said.

It's such an odd local quirk.
>>
>>49109199

But that's wrong.

A Spinne (or any mech) can't run in rough ground but neither can a tank, they are both stuck making advance moves which makes the mech 3" faster.

As for roads both move at double speed and both have a run speed of 18".

The only difference is the Spinne can take more turns, more even than most other mechs.
>>
>>49111054
So what you're saying is:

>the mech does not fare well over difficult terrain
AND
>the mech absolutely motors along roads

Thanks buddy for confirming everything I said. Good stuff. You're a champ.
>>
>>49109975

This.

Not to bring up stereotypes or anything but if you think about it it's a pretty savvy business decision.

people might have felt awkward buying and playing WWII minis in a shop owned by a Jew but he's successfully defused that completely.
>>
>>49111075

The whole point of mechs is that they fare better in difficult ground than all other vehicles in the game, what you said implied otherwise and that somehow the rules are specific to the Spinne. They're not.

Now you're bootyblasted because you're wrong.

Very mature of you.
>>
>>49111054
I'll try spinneing, that's a good trick
>>
File: 1410625257876.gif (2MB, 219x186px) Image search: [Google]
1410625257876.gif
2MB, 219x186px
>>49111179
>>
It is a tad strange they did not work together to make this based on the BA2 rules.
>>
>>49113591
How similar is it to BA2?
>>
>>49114238
Well its based on BA1 which BA2 is mostly a refinement of so it should still be pretty similar.
>>
>>49115389
Dev has said they'd update it to BA2 when it's released.
>>
>>49113591

So according to internet drama Clockwork Goblin (the guys behind K47) weren't told that BA2 was going to be a thing and going to be so close to the release of their game until it was too late to change anything.

It's such an odd thing for Warlord to do you pretty much have to put it down to incompetence, I mean it might not be a game they've made but they are publishing it and selling it through their site and with their minis so it's be pants on head retarded to sabotage it.

Apparently when BA2 hits a PDF of "optional" updates will be released for K47.

It's interesting though since K47 is, in my opinion at least, a better game rules wise than BA and a lot of the things that make it better aren't going to be in BA2.
>>
Just picked up the us starter, the owner of a gaming club i go to is crazy for bolt action and is going to start this up too so i know ill always get a game. Has anyone actually gotten a box and put together the minis? Im hearing theres a mix of plastic, metal and resin. Does everything fit together nicely?
>>
>>49110221
Hi /co/ here the scenario you're describing is the plot of alternative history series Wunderwaffen.
>>
Is there any chance of seing the minors powers like Italy or Japan ?
(I'd ask for Poland, France, Finland and other eastern states, but I don't think those wishes will come true).
>>
>>49117369

Japan almost certainly not too sure about the others.
>>
>>49117369

Italian schizo tech? What the heck could they produce? Plus, 1944. Italy is a pupper state of the Allies and all that's left on the German side are fascist militias under another pupper government.
>>
>>49111143
I'd quote the relevant passages AGAIN but I doubt it would do any good. If you read that implication then that's on you friend. As far as I'm concerned all you've done in this thread is pop up to say "NO" and then agree with me.
>>
>>49117509
I think Marconi made a few death ray prototypes.
>>
>>49118039
>Funny you should say that, because in the rulebook THAT MECH does not fare well over difficult terrain, but absolutely motors along roads.

Quote the page in the rulebook (AGAIN, even though you've yet to do it the first time ...) that says specifically that the Spinne fares worse in terrain than any other mech or vehicle as opposed to faring better like all mechs.

I'll wait.

Still bootyblasted. Still wrong.
>>
>>49055649
> Nachtjager
Translators note: it means Night Hunter
>>
>>49119875
I pray that's you, Screaming Eagle.
>>
>>49120667
Nah, just a random /fowg/ anon.
>>
>>49104315
>>49104335
>>49104409
>>49104453
Oh god, yes please!
>>
Do the Allies or Russians have crazy not!supernatural monsters at their disposal or is it just the Nazis?
>>
>>49124310
Russians get were-bears.
>>
File: Mech_horsePSApr1933-x640.jpg (236KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
Mech_horsePSApr1933-x640.jpg
236KB, 640x413px
>>49118919
>>49117509
Mech horses
Their scuba commandos also did pretty well and they probably had the most experience with chemical warfare of any of the nations in the conflict.
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.