[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 31

Best Warchief edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Previous thread >>49038283
>>
>>49051736
Garroshfags plz go
>>
File: belovedwarchief.jpg (45KB, 217x277px) Image search: [Google]
belovedwarchief.jpg
45KB, 217x277px
>>49051826
No u
>>
File: 1468158808429.jpg (36KB, 690x431px) Image search: [Google]
1468158808429.jpg
36KB, 690x431px
Reminder that Jaina tried the most to have peace.
>>
>>49051849
~but in the ennnnnnnd, it doesn't even matter~
>>
>>49051849
>I will slay every man, woman and child
Riiight.

Even the purest can be overcome with emotion when it comes to serving their cause.

Remember that, Alliance.
>>
File: daelin.jpg (540KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
daelin.jpg
540KB, 744x1052px
>>49051891
you've got to slay all the orcs, boy
>>
>>49051849
If what I'm picking up from is true, yeah she was cool to people that were cool to her but she still had a major navy base with striking distance of a faction she was still technically at war with. And then got super pissed when the new guy in charge did something about it.
>>
>>49051923
.you've got to slay all the Orcs, boy
Went well for him, didn't it? Wait, how did he die again?
>>
>>49051878
Which is kinda why she snapped.

Everything she worked for literally blew up in her face (and gave her some rockin' hair).
>>
File: 415329.jpg (41KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
415329.jpg
41KB, 210x300px
>>49051849
Jaina should come hang out with me
>>
>>49051931
The thing that pisses me off is that she didn't drown orgrimmar.

And how the fuck did the horde get a navy if they didn't even have any ports?
>>
>>49051958
Kel'Thuzad please go.
>>
>>49051478
>He cared for the Horde
You do realize he was in talks with Varian to rejoin the Alliance, right? Before Jaina fucked up the Sunreavers in Dalaran, anyway.
>>
>>49051736
Garrosh was a terrible Warchief. I'm glad he's dead.
>>
File: 1472246292822.jpg (772KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1472246292822.jpg
772KB, 1280x913px
>>49051953
>Went well for him, didn't it?
the result doesn't change the legitimacy of the action

The veterans of the wars are all of a similar mindset, and it's not like there hasn't been abundant reasons to reinforce that line of thought since.
>>
>>49052010
>legitimacy of the action
Willingly giving up peace for personal reasons when your own daughter is trying to convince you not to?

Real legitimate
>>
>>49052027
>peace with monsters who burned their way through your kingdoms
>>
>>49051923
>no South Seas exansion ever

BUT I WANNA BE A PIRATE
>>
>>49052040
>and they did it again
>>
File: swiggity swooty.gif (1MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
swiggity swooty.gif
1MB, 352x288px
>>49052010
>dat alliance ass

I'd mana tap that like garrosh did to theramore.
>>
>>49052043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qCP8lFmlE

you and me both anon
>>
>>49052040
>genuinely reformed monsters
That was your best shot at peace.

And you blew it.
>>
>>49052101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ACyZIXkHq0
>>
>>49051970
Come to Naxx and say that to my face and see what happens
>>
I was thinking of playing the wow tabletop rpg with my group, anyone have any good builds?
>>
>>49052326
Don't play the official version, it sucks
>>
File: Bloodmagesamwise.jpg (46KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodmagesamwise.jpg
46KB, 550x440px
With Illidan back and not crazy, it seems Blizzard is finally trying to rewind BC back to Frozen Throne. How long until Kael'thas and Vashj are back?
He's due for another setback, and I'm sure it'll turn out that he was merely using the Legion in an absurdly over-complicated plan to reignite the Sunwell.
Hell, Blizzard's got faction-choosing technology since MoP, we could very well get an Alliance/Horde split within the blood elves.
>>
>>49052040

If the Alliance wanted to get rid of the Orc threat, they should have done it at the end of the Second War while they still had the chance; now the Orcs have diplomatic ties with the goblins who are Not!America and could bomb the quant little human nations back into the stone age.
>>
>>49052599
>He goes full nightborne mode
>Mana vampire hero class
>>
File: Anythoughts.jpg (28KB, 780x521px) Image search: [Google]
Anythoughts.jpg
28KB, 780x521px
>>
>>49052599
Yeah after MoP they kind of shot themselves in the foot about wanting to maintain any sort of clear cut visual identity between the factions. With Panda on both sides there is no reason more cross faction races could not be implemented if they insist on keeping the stupid RED vs BLU faction war going. Which we all know they do because it's world of WARcraft right? I thought our battles with the Scourge, Legion, Iron Horde were all wars but nope, mere petty skirmishes in the background of the only WAR that matters!
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082816_232055.jpg (742KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082816_232055.jpg
742KB, 3440x1440px
So everyone has a background for their characters, right?
>>
>>49052817
Yes.
>>
>>49052817
It's part of the fun for me, even if I don't have a lot of opportunities to RP.
>>
Why does this general keep getting posted? You literally never about TTRPGs, despite the fact that at least 2 exist. This is purely a Warcraft discussion lore with a few words tacked on the title to justify its inclusion on this board.

I love Warcraft lore as much as the next guy, but shouldn't this thread be on /v/ or /vg/?
>>
>>49052960
>but shouldn't this thread be on /v/
It's always been both.
>>
>>49052817
More or less.
>>
>>49052960
That is like saying Tolkien belongs on /lit/, really it should but it is as much a part of /tg/ culture as any ttrpg.
>>
>>49052960
I've posted a few times with my project for a more Sword & Planet/Planetary Romance/Conan-esque Draenor. The discussions here have merit to my gaming experience because they help the process and the discussions of lore assist in me thinking of things I can twist for my own benefit.

Though to be fair, I've only been posting in the past six or seven threads so I cannot vouch for what has come before or what might come after. But from what I've seen or been party to, enough of it has related to my own tg purposes for me to be perfectly fine with what is not.

Is the topic often more related to WoW than an RPG proper? Yeah. But if shifts due to something related to the topic were grounds for moving the thread elsewhere there would be very little on /tg/. 40k often goes to Dawn of War topics, most threads devolve into waifu-bait, and the discussions of horror stories and friendly local game stores have more to do with those who play traditional games than games themselves (usually).

Your complaint has merit, but the discussion of lore (which unfortunately often directly ties to an MMO that is very lax with its structure of storytelling) is as important as talking about raw mechanics.

Or, more eloquently and simply put, what >>49053072 said.
>>
>>49052637

wut
>>
>>49052817

Yeah, I don't even RP but I have backgrounds for all my characters.

My Death Knight is the stereotypical fallen paladin, my Dwarf Shaman was a Gryphon Rider back in the Second War, and so on.
>>
>>49053158
That's a pretty fair response. I suppose this thread has far more merit than arguing which primarch has the largest balls.

I'd argue that "horror stories" and "that guy" threads still relate to /tg/ culture, but then again, at the end of the day, so does Warcraft (>>49053072).

Have a pleasant evening.
>>
>>49052960

Lore discussion is important for anybody running a game or creating characters for one, dingus.

It's assumed that people will be adapting the game to whatever system they think would work best.

Unless it's 3e or 3.5, in which case they should just use the published RPG versions you mentioned, which are 3e/3.5 compatible.
>>
>>49051958
Honestly you'd be a better teacher than Antonidas. You've got thousands of students and some of them are literal raid bosses.

Jaina shouldn't be nearly as powerful as she apparently is now. She was a glorified intern when everything went to shit and her university + professor got raped. She had Aegwyn with her for years and blizz didn't even bother explaining how she continued her training.
>>
>>49053751
It's like that old screencap showing the difference between elf wizards and human wizards

Progress can be made much faster if you don't give a shit about the lives cost
>>
Your main gets canonically race-changed into a female draenei. As in, they are aware they changed and so is everyone else.

Who is your main and what happens?
>>
>>49053751
Her great power probably derives, at least in part, from that Titan artifact in her possession.
>>
>>49052599
Just read this:

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/lore/pdfdownload/leader-story/lorthemar-theron/lorthemar-theron-enUS.pdf

while afk leveling in invasions, bretty good, got some belf feels going. Making me wish more that Kael would return one day, acknowledge the shit Lor'themar had gone through, buddy up, and make Quel'Thalas great again with purified Legion tech.

you can hear the Silvermoon/Sunwell music in the Legion log in screen, maybe it's a hint for major belf content
>>
>>49051736

List of best warchiefs as followed

1. Doomhammer
2. Garrosh
3. Blackhand
4. Thrall
5. Voljin

If not for Gul'dan fucking him over Doomhammer probably would of conquered Azeroth and I appreciate that Garrosh wasn't a human loving cuck who just randomly forgot the Hordes age old war against the Alliance in favor of throwing all their resources at this weeks "Common enemy we must all unite to defeat". Also I think he does some pretty hilarious shit and he actually took steps to advance the horde instead of maintaining the status quo like Thrall did.

Blackhand was also an effective Warchief even if he was merely a puppet for Guldan. All the chieftains respected him enough that he was able to lead the horde as an effective fighting force despite it still being in its infancy and a lot of the clans still had beef against each other. Also probably could of defeated the Alliance if Doomhammer hadn't betrayed him.

WC3 Thrall wasn't bad and I give him credit for re-igniting the fire in the orc and managing to break them all out of the internment camps but his thing for blonde haired blue eyed humans made him weak. Voljin has no right being a warchief. He was just a glorified assassin / witch doctor who couldn't even retake his own homeland for years. I haven't been keeping up with lore since WoW's gone to shit but has he even done anything worthy of the title?
>>
>>49053921
He died for it. That has to count right?
>>
>>49053943

Just read up what happened to him and holy shit thats pathetic. Almost as sad as Sylvanas becoming Warchief.
>>
>>49053921
Greatest to weakest

1. Thrall (longest serving, made the most allies, created an orcish homeland on Azeroth)
2. Doomhammer (made valuable allies, defeated the humans after seizing control of the Horde from Gul'dan and Blackhand, but lost to the humans thereafter, so points deducted)
3. Vol'jin (Did precisely jack shit, thus making him better than the last two)
4. Blackhand (Founded the Horde, but was such an idiot that he would have lost a certain-win war if it weren't for Doomhammer seizing control of the Horde from him)
5. Garrosh (destroyed allegiances held to the Horde, started wars he couldn't possibly win, turned his own people against him. His presence deducts points from Thrall, but not so much that it would lower Thrall below Doomhammer)
>>
>>49054070

Hmm from what I remember Blackhand pretty much won the war after burning Stormwind and fending off the Alliances last ditch attack on Blackrock, but literally right after the battle Doomhammer decided to launch a coup and killed him.
>>
>>49053835
>that story
Fug.
Hadn't ever read that. That is a depth of character you don't usually see in Blizzard stuff. Nice to see Lor'themar and Halduron being like old buddies and I liked Rommath in this.
>>
>>49054166
It's actually fanfic made canon. I looked it up after someone mentioned it last thread.

Again showing how bad blizz's own writing is that a fan could done better.
>>
>>49054196
This gives me hope that I could be a writer for Blizz. What should I write to try and send to Blizzard? Together, we could make lore great again.
>>
>>49054224
To continue off the topic, how would Lor'themar, or Kael, make Quel'thalas great again? How do they plan to do it if it's too difficult to pull off them actually doing it.
>>
>>49054133
Oh, I thought it happened the other way around, Blackhand fends off the attack on Blackrock, then Doomhammer stages his coup, then Stormwind gets ransacked

But it's been a very long time since I played WC1, so I could easily be mistaken
>>
>>49053835
I love the description of Aethas's appearance
>>
>>49051974
I hate it when blizzard created these dumb plot points that never ever would have actually worked. There was never any chance of blood elves rejoining the alliance and nobody believed it for a second.
>>
>>49054365
I love the way Rommath reacted to both Aethas and Lor'themar after the meeting. Showed so much of the desperation Kael was in and how anxious he was go get back to Silvermoon and make Quel'thalas great again.

Almost made me forgive Blizz's lore fuck up with Kael to make him a loot pinata.
>>
>>49053835
Can we just put Sarah Pine in charge of Warcraft lore?

If her stories are anything to go by, she'd be far, far better at it than Kosak
>>
>>49054070
Thrall really needs to get off his ass and be the Warchief again. At least he was competent and kept his horde of bloodthirsty monsters somewhat in-check.
>>
>>49052817
Yup, not all of them. But at least for my big four character.

Full background for some, and just concepts for others.
>>
Anyone on a decent MG side Horde guild? Probably not the place to ask, but I want some quality RP.
>>
>>49052599
Killing off all of Team Illidan (except Akama, who in post-Legion lore turns out to have just been a whiny fuck who got Our Lord and Savior killed, and gets mindraped back in line by the player DH) in TBC was a mistake. They're bringing Illidan back (although for now he's a disembodied soul since Gul'dan looted his corpse) so they can at least try to fix his plotline (although for some reason they deicded to go with "Illidan is Jesus, and did nothing wrong"), but Kael switching over to the Legion and getting double-killed and Vash being a raidboss and not really doing anything was a waste of the characters.
>>
Is there anything a warlock would want to study in Tanaris?
>>
>>49054678
Yeah, the caverns of time
>>
>>49054690
I won't lie, completely forgot about that. Would the Sandfury trolls or the trolls in the area have any types of things to study you think?
>>
>>49054700
Well, sandfury trolls don't really use fel magic. But they do use some arcane magic, so maybe
>>
>>49052817
my main ones yes.
>>
>>49054475
>implying I'm metzen

Sure if she allows thrall to grow hair again
Now where the fuck's my cocaine

Seriously though, I like how they canonized the story. It makes the future of the sindorei very interesting.

I've always thought that sylvanas had a soft spot for quel'thalas with her singing lament of the highborn to remind us and everything. Now that it's clear she's as much a cunt to belves as she is to everyone else, the horde offers silvermoon literally nothing. While belves continued fighting horde wars, giving access to dalaran, stealing artifacts and overthrowing garrosh, not a single fucking time did anyone in the horde gave a shit about silvermoon. Fucking draenei did more for belves than the horde combined x100. Except for sylvanas which turned out to be a trick to puppet them.

Now assuming the leftover scourge in ghostland have been delt with (it's been over a decade and varian's alliance deal being possible at all require quel'thalas being truly independent), lich queen can't blackmail anymore, they're completely free to leave this shitty pact with orgrimmar, what would they do?

Obviously they won't be allowed to do the obvious, aka leaving the horde, because that would fuck the game up. Which means something big must happen within the horde regarding quel'thalas that give the belves a reason to stay. Unfortunately I don't think this event, if it happens, will make belves revered within the horde and make Lor'themar warchief. Since if a civilized faction becomes the figurehead of the horde, it'll be too similar to the alliance, which would also fuck the game up. But possible content is still better than no content.
>>
>>49053751
>all of the thunder king's power in her staff
>"she shouldn't be as powerful"
no.
>>
>>49054792
>all of the thunder king's power in her staff
She has that ?
Oh shit.
>>
I am honestly impressed by Blizzard's devotion to consistently making each expansion worse lore-wise than the last

The only upset was WotLK, which had dumb things like the whole blue dragonflight plotline, but wasn't as bad lore-wise as BC
>>
>>49054835
>not just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

everything post WoTLK is non canon.
>>
A question about ghosts and other spirits in this setting.

Can they actually be smacked with any old weapon or would you need magic or an enchanted weapon to hurt them?
>>
>>49054792
Care to explain? I've only played the first month of MoP

Anyway she was too OP even before MoP. Wayyyy before that she was established as the most powerful mortal female mage alive, and became led Dalaran after Rohnin died, which is fucking impossible. She's never gone through any huge power ups before the staff upgrade you mentioned, how the fuck is she better than every other female mage in both magic AND leadership? Fucking Modera should be more qualified than her for leading Dalaran and Modera is a literally who. Not to mention Aegwyn, and whoever else female elf that's had centuries of practice.

Jaina (and Thrall) were never meant to be strong in combat, but were special in their open mindedness to think outside the box and be hippy liberal and shit. But nope, it's WoW, it's waifu time, everyone with a memorable name has to be Lich King's level of power.
>>
>>49054886
she was always a gifted/talented mage who was authorized by antonidas to investigate what happened to the plague. There is nothing that says she stopped training while ruling a city.

Plus the Thunder Isle quest line has the PC give her the supercharged staff of antonidas that is imbued with the power of the thunder king.
>>
>>49052817
Always.
>>
>>49054886
>Jaina (and Thrall) were never meant to be strong in combat
>Thrall was always described as being a great shaman
>Back in WC3, was able to harm Archimonde, which was damned impressive
Can't really say much for Jaina though.
>>
>>49054943
>>49053751

Spending all days the head in books and learning / making new spells can give you some pretty powerful skills.

I'd also guess that Antonidas wasn't a shit teacher, plus killing some Scourge / establishing a safe space for Theramore in those hostile swamps / all the WotlK shit can give some nice combat experience.
>>
File: 16040305230216171414118715.jpg (103KB, 639x979px) Image search: [Google]
16040305230216171414118715.jpg
103KB, 639x979px
I am torn between my simple backstory for my Blood Elf paladin and wanting to flesh it out and make it interesting. Unfortunately, the ideas I have would make it thoroughly non-canon and that irks me.

As of right now, the gist of it is that he escaped the destruction of Silvermoon when he was ordered by his superiors to lead a party of survivors through Zul'Aman. Eventually he makes his way to Kalimdor, possibly as a part of Jaina's expedition and starts a mission in the Barrens to devote himself to the light and come to terms with the war.

I imagined him apart from Liadrin's Blood Knights, at least before the SSO. His time in the Barrens let him get to know the races of the Horde and he visits Thrall's court on occasion. He visits the Outlands to pledge himself to his Prince, but joins with the Scryers after witnessing the depravity of Kael'Thas. Helped to reclaim the Sunwell.

From there, it's just your standard fare adventuring. Joined the Argent Crusade, didn't become anyone super important. I have no idea how he spent the next three x-packs. The overall stress of the character is his neutrality. I'm not saying he's an Alliance sympathizer, but the whole Horde/Alliance thing is a waste of time to him. Loyalty to his people, to Silvermoon, motivates him, not a sense of betrayal or anger.

---

Now here's where the wheels come off: I have no idea who he was before the Third War. He's a paladin, but I feel like making him a member of the Silver Hand is disingenuous. I imagine the High Elves had their own paladins, or something close to that (divine warriors)? Maybe he was a low-level knight in the royal guard or something? But who would he be guarding and why wouldn't they just take a boat to leave Silvermoon? He'd have to be close to the Troll border, but why? Maybe it's a princess. That's a old trope. But the crown has no claimant: she'd have to die or fade into obscurity.

Alright, someone tell me it's shit and maybe offer a suggestion.
>>
>>49054494
But if Thrall is the main hero of one faction he can't be a hero to both, anon.
>>
>want to run a WoW 4e game
>also want to just make NuHorde the straight up villains, but also let Belves, Tauren, and maybe some of the saner Trolls and Gobbos join the Alliance while Orcs and Forsaken jerk each other off over who can kick more puppies

How retarded is this idea?
>>
>>49051849
reminder varyan always wanted war
>>
>>49055202
Really stupid

Unless your "new Horde" is some shit Garrosh came up with when it became apparent that the trolls, tauren, blood elves and most orcs aren't going to put up with his shit for much longer
>>
>>49055263
He wanted war up until Kosak took over

Then he ceased to have any personality at all, and continued to have no personality up until his death
>>
>>49054886
Thrall actually is supposed to be pretty strong in combat. Aside from being a very good shaman, he's also a strong warrior. People tend to forget he fought as a gladiator and runs around wearing Doomhammer's plate armor and warhammer. He's effectively a shaman/warrior multiclass.
>>
>>49055113
> I imagine the High Elves had their own paladins, or something close to that (divine warriors)?
They had Priests, but nothing like Paladins until the Blood Knights came along.

I'd suggest something along the lines of a warrior who had faith in the light, but could not manifest any powers until later.
>>
>>49055417
That's not bad, but I liked him being sought out by Liadrin and refusing her. I'll have to think on this. Thanks for the input though.
>>
>>49055452
The Silver Covenant has a paladins and I doubt they're newly minted. Did the Silver Hand have elves?

Also wasn't Thalorien Dawnseeker a paladin?
>>
I wonder how many soldiers from the Alliance and Horde just straight up fucking deserted during War Crimes and went to go take their chances settling Pandaria without the genocide part
>>
>>49055333
It still triggers me that Thrall seems to forget that he used to be an all around badass.
>>
>>49055333
>>49055753
>thrall
>Good warrior
Reminder naked garrosh btfo'd him and he had to magic him away.
>>
>>49052960
There's Warcraft threads on /v/, /vg/ and /tg/ because it fits all 3 boards. It's a franchise that includes card games and RPGs
>>
>>49055758
Well yeah

Garrosh isn't a shaman, he's 100% focused on martial prowess

Thrall is a good warrior, but his real skills, and where he's put the most effort into mastery, is shamanism
>>
>>49054886
>Care to explain? I've only played the first month of MoP

Kirin Tor and Sunreavers both had questlines going into the Throne of Thunder to steal shit.
Jaina gets the Thunder King's lightning power imbued in her staff. Lor'themar steals the Blood Golem and reverse engineers it, which is why you start seeing Mogu Blood Golems in BE armies in Legion (did we see any in Warlords?)
>>
>>49055886
>(did we see any in Warlords?)
yes, when Lady Liadrin helps Exarch Maladaar protect Auchindoun
>>
File: AHHH HELP ME ELEMENTS.png (734KB, 994x545px) Image search: [Google]
AHHH HELP ME ELEMENTS.png
734KB, 994x545px
>Thrall
>Good warrior
>Good shaman
>>
>>49056225
(Green) Jesus, that Garrosh mug in the upper left really drives home just how absolutely stupid his speshul model looks.
>>
>>49056255
>click on Garrosh in Warsong Hold
>ONLY THE STRONGEST MAY DWELL IN ORGRIMMAR
>>
>>49052960
The awful things about these threads are character/faction circlejerk and autists wanting to ship couples, just for the sake of their own wanking.
But this kind of shit should be taken care by the same people maintaining the WC threads on this board.

The rest is okay, there are sporadic ttrpg discussions and lore debating isn't so bad.
>>
>>49052637
Fucking take that back. Mon.
>>
>>49052040
Things change, anon. It's not the Second War anymore.
>>
>>49056395

That's never stopped the Horde.
>>
>>49056225
Fix Thrall, /tg/.

Hardmode: You can't get rid of his wife and child
>>
>>49056491

Turn him into a delicious orc musclegirl.
>>
>>49056491
Remove his connection to nature. Make him just an orc again.
>>
>>49056486
it did until Garrosh got in charge
>>
>>49056491
The never stopped being Warchief, he let someone else become the world shaman or whatever instead. Recognizing that the Horde needs solid leadership, and without Saurfang jr, he had no viable successors.

Hard mode: Aggra is still there, but instead of Thrall bending over backwards for Aggra, Aggra instead is trying to learn to be more like Thrall. This involves a long discussion with Jaina Proudmoore about the nature of heroes as viewed from both orcish and human points of view
>>
>>49056491
Fuck hardmode. Aggra goes away and Thrall gives Jaina the green D to make her calm down. There, both characters are fixed. Easy.
>>
>>49056689
>he let someone else become the world shaman or whatever instead
Thrall's literally the strongest living shaman. Or was, anyway
>>
>>49056737
That's great, but he's also the only sane orc who isn't ancient and has experience in leadership

Let a tauren be world shaman
>>
>>49056759
Or the Broken Draenei that leads the earthen ring. He could have done it
>>
*drinks the drink*
>>
>>49056818
Yeah, either way works
>>
>>49056855
WE WILL NEVER BE SLAVES
>>
>>49056818
But then mega Moses Go'el would be less speshul.
>>
File: 554696-krosus.jpg (134KB, 763x567px) Image search: [Google]
554696-krosus.jpg
134KB, 763x567px
>Double-corrupted eredar
>>
>>49056913
He'd still be the fucking warchief

That's pretty fucking special
>>
>>49056491
Wasn't the Firelands patch the thing that was supposed to fix him? You know, when we went out and literally killed his personal issues? But nooo, after that he just rolled over for Aggra.

The two biggest problems with Thrall right now is that he's stopped standing up for himself and his own way of doing things (ESPECIALLY when it comes to Aggra), and, on those few occations where he does get his will, he's completely stopped taking diplomacy into account. Thrall was a badass, yes, but what made him STAND OUT among the orcs was that he actually had a grasp on realpolitik.

For bonus points, Aggra needs to be humbled a little. Not like "get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich"-humbling, but just so she might actually consider the possibility that she doesn't know everything. Right now she's like a tusked Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond.

Pic unrelated, just comfy.
>>
>>49056937

That's a fel orc.
>>
>>49056983
I don't recall fel orcs having forehead plates
>>
File: 510618-holy-dreadlord.jpg (158KB, 1600x480px) Image search: [Google]
510618-holy-dreadlord.jpg
158KB, 1600x480px
>>49056937
>light corrupted Dreadlord
>>
Tomorrow I will log in and the Horde will be ordered around by Sylvanas.

I can't deal with this. Nobody wanted that Undead hag to lead except "ey mon da spirits be saying so" and that's that. Actual evil is in charge now.

Garrosh was wrong but I could relate to his ideas, just not his execution. But Sylvanas is a actual sociopath who will use the Horde as her living shield.

Why does nobody in the Horde see this?
>>
>>49057272
Another day another chance to make a profit my friend. And a new place to burn down. It's a good day to be a goblin.

My stable of trolls will be less impressed. But I think I'll main mage this time around anyway.
>>
>>49057272
>Sylvanas is President
>Hilary is Warchief

What changes?
>>
>>49057361
Grenn is called a racist bigot
>>
>>49057361
America is full of undead and plague, but still better than the other options.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 571x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 571x720px
>>49057272

Me and some other Tauren have taken to speaking in the native tongue so our slander of the 'warchief' isn't given a second look.
>>
>>49055202
>WoW 4e game
Somehow I doubt it will work
>>
>>49057272
>why does nobody in the Horde see this?
Because you're wrong about her, and the canon is about to prove it.
>>
>>49056960
Tell that to Metzen, and all the people who've played hot-potato with the title.
>>
>>49057605
Only happened after Metzen gave up being in charge of lore for WoW.

So It's Kosak, not Metzen

The cokehead is the sane one, amazingly enough
>>
>>49057634
Why did they put Kosak in charge? What was the rational there?
>>
>>49052817
All of them have some diffuse backstory that was never developed.

My paladin, for instance, was a civilian Archaeologist that volunteered to help cleanse/repair Ulduar after it was ravaged by Yogg-Saron and 25 murderhobos, respectively. By learning directly of his race's history directly from Titanic watchers and other Ulduar denizens, he becomes a Titan Paladin, using Arcane energy to empower himself instead of the Light. Somewhat snowflakey, I know, but it sounded nicer in my head.

My rogue was trying to steal Thaurissan's vaults, accidentally stumbled upon the Senate, and became obsessed with political power. He nows try to accumulate reputation and influence through political assassination in order to have a seat in the Dwarven Senate under the Council of Three Hammers. He also happens to be a chronic incompetent that constantly screws things up.
>>
>>49057583
So she's going to get the Kerrigan treatment? Because that would be more shitty then her being evil.
>>
>>49057889
>though justice demands that she pay for her crimes, the prophecy says she will be the one to save us all.
>I have neva trusted you, but da spirits say you be da one ta save us all
>>
>>49056759
He could've just force Saurfang to act as an emergency warchief while he's focusing on shamaning it up until the crisis is handled. He might not like it, but he's the most competent orc around, and wise enough to understand that sometimes a leader must give his subordinates taks they wouldn't want to do.
>>
>>49057941
Spirit Healer Sylvanas when?
>>
>>49058063
I've actually had a crack theory that this expac will end with her as a val'kyr/spirit healer and as the new queen of the val'kyr. And that this cringy destiny is why the original 9 chose to bind themselves to her in the first place. It wasn't so that they could all have their freedom, but to ensure she lived long enough to replace Helya (now corrupted by the old gods) as queen.
>>
>>49058306
That is probably better than whatever Blizzard will come up with.
>>
>>49058306
But the original Nine were false Val'kyr, counterfeits made by Arthas rather than Hela or Odyn.
>>
>>49058377
They seem pretty real to me. I think of val'kyr as just a type of undead that can be made, so long as you have the right materials and spells. Just like how the original banshees were naturally occurring undead made from nelfs. But Arthas figured out how to make them artificially from high elves and, eventually, humans. Val'kyr are greater undead, but evidence leads us to believe that more people than just Odyn can make them. Odyn invented the formula, amd others have reproduced it for similar results.

But val'kyr in general are pretty vaguely defined, so this is all just speculation.
>>
>>49056395
>times change
>>
>>49058429
>>
File: 1393712568918.gif (3MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
1393712568918.gif
3MB, 380x214px
What's the over/under on Genn getting a sudden case of death this expansion?
>>
>>49053791
My gob lock is glad she no longer has a wrathguard, or this would be awkward.

And she wonders if she'll turn red or should insist she be called an eredar.

As well as wondering if this is some kind of karmic effect from helping so many space goats on her adventures.
>>
>>49053751
I think the next logical step for her is to become a lich. She's already been kicked out of the kirin for, there's really only one other major magical powerhouse in the setting
>>
>>49058462
Guaranteed
That way his stronk daughter who don't need no prince can become the ruler of Gilneas
>>
>>49058642
>tfw no politically sensible and cute Anduin-Tess marriage
Fucking fujos.
>>
>>49058462
Both him and Jaina will become loot pinatas because anyone that doesn't like the Horde must be evil
>>
>>49058671
don't blame the fujos for the gay anduin meme, blame the gays.
>>
>>49058671
Could actually happen, they are really pushing the Anduin knows his station and what responsibilities are required of him.
>>
>>49058429

>>49058502
>she has been kicked out.
she had a disagreement with the leadership. She wasn't forcibly expelled the way the blood elves were.
>>
>>49058674
Which is exactly why Varian became an expansion villain that went crazy and had to be put down for the good of all.

Oh wait...
>>
>>49058674
You say after Garrosh became a loot pinata because he was evil

I'm just waiting for Sylvanas to finally become a raid boss
>>
>>49058734
He wasn't in control when he hated the Horde
>>
>>49057272
>be Alliance
>don't even have to worry about any of this
>just have to count the days until Sylvanas is the next Garrosh and becomes a raid boss

Feels good man.
>>
>>49058754
Take a look at the Ulduar cinematic, or Battle for Undercity.

I'm pretty sure he was.
>>
>>49058821
Most of the Horde is looking forward to that as well

What's upsetting is how they treated Vol'jin
>>
>>49058874
But he had a split personality at the time. The part of him that was all rage and battle skills as in control at the time. Then he got this fixed and refuses to dismantle the Horde.
>>
>>49058897
>Literally Warchief for a filler expansion where he doesn't do anything.
>dies to a Trashmob
yes I mad
>>
>>49058920
That's not really what happened, it was Knaak's bullshit with moon roofies that the Legion cinematic almost explicitly shits on by crediting Anduin.

He was angry and had a right to be angry at the time, and even in the Ulduar cinematic I don't recall him being too crazy.
>>
>>49058874
He got over it though, after it was revealed to be rogue agents and not the workings of the Banshee Queen.

I honestly feel like that him getting over it as quickly as he did is kind of a lame cop-out. Him seeing her working on the plague at the Wrath-Gate, and what it could do to people and the undead could've allowed for interesting growth; like him bitterly accepting that such a tool could be useful against Arthas and the Scourge but could only be utilized in the case of the Assault on Icecrown Citadel.

And that'd make any quest in Cataclysm where the Alliance/Gilneas learn about these new plague weapons to be extra shady and dark. Varian knows they exist, he also knew it was only a matter of time before they used them again. Garrosh ordered no using of the plague. Sylvanus does what she wants for conquest. Justifies continued war between the states due to WMDs being deployed, and so the Alliance backs Gilneas but cannot give them their all without having to answer to "why didn't you shut this down during the Battle for Undercity?" and the Horde has to back the Forsaken but cannot give them their all because "I told you about plagues you stinky bint of an elf."

And so you get the Battle for Gilneas battleground stuck in a constant state of trading sides because nobody wants to admit their part in allowing the use of something terrible to exist.

But that is a major digression.

Varian got over it. Jaina can't.
>>
>>49058723
she need's Bolvar's zombie D
>>
>>49058963
Anduin is what caused him to seek help, but the moon roofies is what actually cured him. This along with Genn bonding with him during this time is canon.
>>
>>49058961

Not like Vol'jin ever did much of anything beforehand either. He was just there until they decided he was going to be Warchief and needed a reason for him to get there.
>>
>>49058989
Ahahahaha.

Seriously the ONLY part of that book anyone ever acknowledges as canon is the Magnataur slave army.

>>49059003
He was cool in some of the books and turned Rexxar into a spirit wyvern in TFT.
>>
So where the hell do I read Shadow of the Sun, and Blood of the Highborne? I want to read stuff about Lorthemar getting shit done.
>>
>>49059120
Shadow of the Sun was linked here >>49053835.
>>
>>49051966
Bilgewater Harbor. The goblins essentially built the horde fleet.
>>49052599
Blizzard focuses heavily on demographics. The majority of their active players have several different characters experiencing endgame content. They will likely continue to focus on new classes and styles of play while offering more things to do at level cap rather than reworking what they have already built.

In almost every successful fictional world (mtg,40k,star wars), lore serves as the lubricant for monetization of product. Any new developments within the lore of the game will be for the installation of new content. We could theoretically see a third faction rise up with members of every race. It all depends on whats affordable for the development team and whether or not it's likely to improve player retention and get old players to return to the game.

Expansions are being pushed because they aren't simply a 50-60 dollar add-on to a game you already own, they also generate income from the months a player has their subscription.
>>
>>49054475
I didn't really like her helping perpetuate the red vs Blu if I remember the story right, but she was breddy gud.
>>
Well my GM wants to run a Warcraft game. I know fuck all about the Warcraft lore because it never interested me, despite having played WoW way back in the day.

Here's all I know about the races

Humans: Varies, but most are righteous guys
Night Elves: Not high elves, will murder you in your sleep for eating a fruit from the forest
Dwarves: dwarves
Gnomes: Almost all dead because they made killer robots or something
Draenei: Space traveling demons that aren't demons
Orcs: Supposed to be noble savages but they ate demon jizz or something
Trolls: Tusks
Undead: Dat ass tho'
Tauren: "You think we can handcuff him to a pull with that nose ring?"
Blood Elves: High elves that suffer from magic addiction

I think we're fighting the Scourge, so not really sure whom to play. I think we're post Warcraft 3 timeline, but I never played the game. All I know is that the Lich King is around and the one girl is a huge bitch.

Any advice on what to play bros?
>>
>>49059252
just make human paladin.
>>
>>49059323
But I don't want to alt tab and start masturbating during the combat.
>>
>>49054943
Thrall never harmed Archimond, that chain lightning barely sting. Thrall couldn't even harm Manoroth last time he tried. He was good and can probably beat 50 footies in a fight, but not WORLD shaman keeping the world from shattering alone good. Also, there aren't that many notable, raid boss level shamans, that's setting the bar pretty low to be the strongest.

>>49055092
She's not the only talented, hardworking mage in the world. Anyone on the council and probably a good number of surviving belf mages are just talented and obsessed with studying, except they've been doing that for a lot longer than Jaina being alive.

I'm not saying she should be shit, but think about the roadblocks and distractions she had to face compared to the other mages: no teacher, no Dalaran/Silvermoon library, spend significant amount of time ruling her city, leading armies and shit, all the while being an apprentice! She even officially completed her training when Dalaran fell. How the fuck did she surpass the other mages in a few years of doing all this?

It's like a straight A college kid left her university, got stuck in a shitty company that made her clean toilets all day and do nothing related to her field, but in 5 years she became a billionaire and one of the leading figures in her business.
>>
>>49059163
Oh, my bad. Thanks man.
>>
File: (you).png (60KB, 810x600px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
60KB, 810x600px
>>49051878
>>
>>49054559
This.
Kael had a Shitton of potential, he was the GOAT character from the WC:FT.
A tragic hero that would anything for his people, even the hard choices.
>>
>>49059412
It's weird, since you see glimmers of his character in TK. The tone, the mannerisms, the bitter sardonic tone of voice. His last words were even "For Quel'thalas". It's a shame that he didn't get any special lines if there were blood elves in your raid.

I wonder if something happened behind the scenes during development.
>>
>>49059412
I kinda felt like demon Kael was a last minute thing. I can sort of believe TK Kael, since his ultimate goal was to gather enough energy to teleport the whole space ship back to Silvermoon and then make Quel'thalas great again with this supertech. But Sunwell Kael is just bullshit, Kael would never kill his own people. If he really thought bringing in KJ was a good idea, seeing thousands of belves willing to oppose and die to stop him would force him to reconsider. They had a chance to redeem him and have him lead the fight against KJ still better than Grom in WoD but nope, gota ruin one of the best character, they've still got plenty like Arthas and Illidan, right?
>>
>>49059412
>A tragic hero that would anything for his people, even the hard choices.
So Arthas?
>>
>>49056491
Remove only his wife.
>>
>>49059558
I think the Kael you fight in Magister's Terrace is just a hollowed out puppet. Nothing remains except bitterness and fanatical religious devotion.
>>
>>49057361
Hillary does not get away with her shit.
>>
>>49059412
>>49059558
Worst part of it? The elf mobs at the Sunwell don't know shit about what's happened-as far as they know, the elves of Quel'Thalas have rebelled against the king and brought multiple monstrous races against him. They have plenty of conversations that you can trigger while you stealth near them.
>>
>>49059606
Pretty much this. The fact that MT slowly turns from BEs only to whatever allies the Legion has on hand feels like Kael is nothing more than a puppet.
>>
>>49059644
And Sylvanas kills people to raise as undead, and SJWs call anyone who thinks that ushering in the undead apocalypse is a bad idea 'forsakenophobic'.
>>
>>49059559
Before Arthas became a murdering war criminal, yeah.
>>
>>49059678
>forsakenophobic
I'm pretty sure I've never seen that word, and I'm balls-deep in a ton of fan communities. I mean, I'm all for debating Sylvanas's actions, but you shouldn't start your argument with a strawman.
>>
>>49059730
-> The Joke

-> Your Head
>>
>>49059559
Yes, before arthas started fucking up on purpose... nigga went evil before of the end of his human campaign, yo.
>>
>>49059559
I think the difference is that Arthas was screwed no matter what he did. Ner'zhul wanted him as his champion, his plans revolved around Arthas becoming his champion, so he was going to get it.

Kael on the other hand threw his lot in with an anti-hero, then changed paymasters to a full on villain when the anti-hero was getting too crazy (not retconned to concerning himself about long-term plans that he didn't fill anyone in on)
>>
File: genn.jpg (196KB, 1254x720px) Image search: [Google]
genn.jpg
196KB, 1254x720px
>>49057272
That's why I switched sides. Join Papa Genn and kill the bitch.
>>
>>49059252
Well do you know what the adventure is or any real preference what you like to play?

Orcs are usually fun because you can have an older orc who lives with the guilt of drinking demon blood,committing genocide and other atrocities because of the sheer bloodlust, or maybe a younger one who wants to live up to his family clan's experience in battle since he was too young for the previous wars and he's desperate to prove himself.

You could also do a gnome mad scientist.

Or the classic Belf rper, Blood Elf mage who is so addicted to magic he'll snort pure disenchanted dust.
>>
Minor Spoiler having trailer just released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_bdvyWv_aQ
>>
>>49059558
IIRC when you turn in the sphere you get from Kael in TK, you hear his disembodies voice saying he's still alive and Kil'jaden is coming to fuck you up, so they were planning on him to come back in some form. From what I understand Sunwell was a pretty rushed out raid, though, primarily made when people had cleared all the endgame content (BT and Hyjal) sooner than expected.

>>49059606
Migth be. He looks pretty damn fel-corrupted, the the lore on the demon priestess boss in Magister's Terrace mentiones she hasn't left Kael's side since reviving him, which could imply she's manipulating him.
>>
>>49059412
WC3FT
>muh people
WoW:BC
>muh magic
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>49059922
For Blood Elves those were pretty much the same thing, honestly. BC just had him go over the deep end in his desperation to get his folks a quick fix.
>>
>>49056689
>jr. Back
Just ask bolvar for him.
>>
>>49059920
Part of Sunwell's problem was the fact that Blizzard realized that while the raiding population who had their shit together were blowing through stuff, the attunement chain basically prevented people from getting from kara to BT without sudoku.
>>
>>49059900
Oh, how exciting.
>>
>>49060012
I remember seeing the old flowcharts explaining what you needed to do if wanted to get all the attunements.

The very first step arguably would've been doing the CoT quest at 67, right?
>>
File: Burning Crusade Attunement Chart.jpg (159KB, 1025x618px) Image search: [Google]
Burning Crusade Attunement Chart.jpg
159KB, 1025x618px
>>49060063
Basically. Here's everything up to Hyjal. BT had its own attunement chain, laid out here: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Temple_attunement . As much as hardcore raiders will tell you it isn't too bad, that's with a guild willing to run this shit. My old guild on Hellscream ran 5 raids a week for mains, alts and new people in BC.
>>
>>49059789
I dont really remember but why did Kael needed the Legion? His goal by the end of WC3 was to make Quel'thalas great again without uncontrolled magic abuse.

Then in BC he complains about Illidan not doing shit after securing Outland and he has to make thing happen or some shit. Why?

Wouldnt it suit him the most that Illidan isnt doing anything, so he can focus his efforts to suck Netherstorm dry and port TK back to Silvermoon? With elite reinforcements from Outland and naruu supertech belves wouldnt even need forsaken/horde support.
>>
>>49060178
Oh and I forgot. The most efficient way of leveling Honor Hold's reputation has always been "Skip Hellfire Peninsula until you're 70, and run the dungeons until Honored" because there is no other rep for the faction, unless you wanted to grind the HFC dungeons until your eyes bled until Revered.
>>
>>49052960
this board is for Traditional Games. any game series with 22 years of history belongs on this board. besides, its an RPG. regardless of tabletop or computer, that alone belongs.
>>
>>49059900
Is it bad if I can't tell which city is getting rekt there? I wanna say Undercity, but I don't remember if having a shield.
>>
>>49060385
I think it looks like old Night elf buildings. Maybe it's Suramar and this is how they gain access for the raid?
>>
>>49058714

Why no Vanessa/Anduin.

Or, well, Arthas' sister for that matter.

Priest on priest best.
>>
>>49060385
It's Dalaran.
>>
>>49060489
That'd be neat.

Undercity getting rekt would be neat too but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>49060492
I would fucking love Vanessa/Anduin because I am a sucker for that kind of romance
>>
>>49060492
Arthas' sister was older than him she should be in her fifties by now
>>
>>49060492
>Vanessa
>Marrying the daughter of the man who killed your mother
>>
>>49060508
Undercity was originally seiged by the DKs but that got cut.
>>
>>49060523
She was younger than Arthas, and Arthas was in his twenties during WC3, and only 17 years have passed since then

She's most likely in her thirties, still too old for Anduin, but still young enough to have healthy children should it be required of her

And it fucking should be, the line of Lordaeronian kings shouldn't end so pathetically
>>
>>49060604
Pretty sure Calia is older than Arthas, but yeah its fucking annoying that they bring her back but she wants nothing to do with Lordaeron or the Menethil name
>>
>>49060604
In the Priest Order Hall, she mentions she's abdicated any claim to Lordaeron's throne, declaring it a dead kingdom. Which is stupid, but hey, it's Blizzard.
>>
>>49060604
It's stupid how they won't do anything with her, because heaven forbid something be able to contest anything Kosak's waifu has.
>>
>>49057692
>he was better than metzen
>>
>>49060628
I remember my first RP character

He was a half-crazy forsaken determined to see Lordaeron rise again, I imagine he had a little shrine in Terenas's name and everything, and he saw Sylvanas as the steward of the throne who would totally step down when Talia came along and reclaimed it
>>
>>49060662

>not viewing the Menethils as cowards and traitors who abandoned their people when they needed them most.
>>
>>49060641
>Lodaeron's dead
>the Scarlet Crusade died for this
>Uther died for this
Thanks Calia for letting your brother win in the end.
>>
>>49060682
He was crazy, a staunch loyalist in life who didn't really know how to let go in death
>>
>>49060641
>Which is stupid, but hey, it's Blizzard.
Is it?
The only remaining beings there are the undead, the gilnean worgen, and some dwarves that want to take the lands for Ironforge.
Who is sis supposed to rule over?
>>
>>49060731
The her zombified people that she abanoned, the Scarlet Crusaders that died trying to purify the land, and anyone else who managed to get out of that clusterfuck relatively okay.
>>
>>49060795
>The her zombified people that she abanoned,
Forsaken. You can't rule over them.
>the Scarlet Crusaders that died trying to purify the land
Dead, or insane. Can't rule over that.
>and anyone else who managed to get out of that clusterfuck relatively okay.
Worgenised, or too far away to rule over.

So, again, who is the people she is the queen of?
>>
>>49060795
>abandoned

Dunno, her bother has killed her father, your land is overrun by zombies and demons. And odds are she was smuggled out if she was there, or she was out of the country to begin with.
>>
>>49060861
Everyone who still calls themselves "Lordaeronian"

Thousands of refugees mostly.
>>
>>49060706
This, just abdicating is spitting on the dreams and graves of every single Lordaeron patriot out there.
>>
>>49060641
How is it stupid? It's honestly pretty true, since most of the kingdom was killed by the plague and undead and what little is left isn't enough to be a kingdom.
>>
>>49060906
No, it's realizing that there's no kingdom to save, and trying to reconquer the lands would cost what few people are left.
>>
>>49060523
Celia is older than Arthas, she was arranged to marry Deathwing way before Arthas even thought of his relationship with Jaina in any romantic way. I thought Arthas was 30 during Wrath, which makes his sister about 40 now.
>>
>>49060948
You don't need to retake the land, you just need to remind people that just because their home is gone, doesn't mean that Lordaeron is gone

Because a nation is held in the hearts of it's people
>>
>>49060915
What can be done is reclaiming it. It ain't going to get better so long as Sylvanas rules over it. And she also isn't content to sit tight and rule over what she has. She moved into Gilneas unprovoked, tried to usurp Stromgarde by raising its dead prince as a puppet ruler. Once she's done consolidating Gilneas, Hillsbrad, Alterac and Arathi she'll move onto the Hinterlands.
>>
>>49060948
Stormwind would help, since Lordaeron took them in when the orcs took their lands in the First War. And Gilneas would help since they're in the same boat.

Calia gave up before she even considered her allies.
>>
>>49060998
I would love for the forsaken to have a living leader

I was thinking of doing a tabletop campaign centered around a Forsaken rebellion. Where Sylvanas raising new undead pushes many forsaken to the breaking point, and a massive conspiracy starts to remove Sylvanas and replace her with Calia Menethil
>>
>>49056491
Thrall decides to give up his power and just be dad by taking his family to draenor and settling there.

the end.
>>
>>49061060
>put the Forsaken in internment camps
>alcoholic slave master thinks it'd be amazing if he could find an undead to puppeteer a revolution to put him charge
>let's Lilian Voss have her weapons so that she could assasinate Anduin and Genn so he can be High King of the Alliance
>things don't go as plan
>Lilian runs away
>bumps into hermit Sylvannas
>the duo starts breaking all of the Forsaken out of their camps
>Sylvannas dies in combat but gives Voss her bow
>assassinates alcoholic man
>Lilian Voss takes her people to some far away land that not even the Elves or Pandas know/remember
>World of Warcraft:The Banshee Queen
>>
>>49056937
>This colossal doom lord, one of the largest and mightiest creatures in the armies of the Legion, was defeated at the Broken Shore through the combined might of the greatest heroes of the Horde and the Alliance. Having recovered from his wounds, Krosus emerges from the bay between the Nighthold and the Tomb of Sargeras to crush any who would oppose the Legion.
So, ered'ruin
>>
>>49061202

>Lilian Voss.

stop

no
>>
>>49061113
I could dig it, you could even use the fluff piece from the old RPG as a starting point for that. But yeah, it's a good idea to emphasize the difference between the "first" (TFT) and "second" (pre-Cataclysm PCs) generation of Forsaken that came from undead who broke free from the Scourge and the "third" generation (Val'kyr raised). The first two would probably be more independent minded and value their independence, while the most recent is full of Sylvanas fanatics. And as the the old guard of Forsaken begins to question how Sylvanas is any different form Arthas, they come under threat of being purged by the newer generation of Forsaken who are loyal to Sylvanas.

Here was the old bit of fluff about Calia.

>The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide subtly implied a different plotline for Calia. In one of many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named Trevor. The undead makes him 'an offer he can't refuse': in turn for helping Andarin, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."
>>
>>49061278
But anon she's your new favorite NPC
>>
>>49053791
undead warlock. to be honest he'd probably just be happy to breathe again. the tits and ass would be a nice bonus too.
>>
>>49061292
Precisely

I was thinking of doing it as a Horde campaign though, starting with the party in the undercity, and hearing slightly altered versions of the standard WoW greetings of the Forsaken. "Light watch over you", "Victory for the queen", mixed in with the standard forms.

Then as they investigate, they come across the conspiracy in full, where they're presented with the choice of attempting to stop the rebellion by telling Sylvanas loyalists, doing what is expected of them and telling the rest of the Horde, or just helping them out and joining the conspiracy
>>
>>49053791
>orc hunter
He probably be pissed as hell and go aorund begging mages and shamans to find a way to turn him back.
>>
File: 1360761734287.png (54KB, 306x421px) Image search: [Google]
1360761734287.png
54KB, 306x421px
>>49061318

cease and desist

don't make me call the ebon blade world police.
>>
>best undead waifu
Fight me fa/tg/uys
>>
>>49061508
Undeads were a mistake.
>>
>>49052817
I try, but I won't claim it's any good.
>>
>>49053791
My Night Elf Demon Hunter now has four horns and hooves. Aside from that, not much should be different. My Worgen DK on the other hand...
>>
>>49052817
I sure do.

Hel'lion 'Demon'ar was one of the best, if not the best Demon Hunter. rivalring Illidan, or even surpassing him.
He was in charge of the most dangerous and important missions for his leader.
Hel'Lion was away on a Mission against Roberk'un, Sargeras son, whose profecy said it was more powerful than his father... taking that Elder-god demon was no easy task, but Hel'Lion Demon'ar was the only being in the whole multiverse that could do it.
Most of his gear was destroyed during the fight, which was vicious and totally rad.
After defeating Roberk'un, a rip in space and time continum opened, dragging a weakened Demon'ar to the universe of Starcraft, where he helped Kerrigan defeat Amon once and for all. "This ... alien is weak", Demon'Ar noted to himself, since it was no biggie taking it down.
As a reward, super kerrigan opened a portal for him to go back home, but at the cost of most of his power, to let the portal work, due to some complicated magic-science thing.
After a quick stop at the Nexus, Hel'lion was back in Azeroth... or Outland, without his equipment, most of his power, but ready, to once again serve his master Illidan.
The Burning Legion is afraid.... very afraid.
>>
>>49061202
Voss is a class A shit.

Voss a shit.

Hermit Sylvanas repenting for her crimes sounds cool, but Voss a shit.
>>
>>49061931
Is he pro-Garosh?
Is he a blood elf or night elf?
Why doesnt he kill the warden chick?
>>
>>49062010
Glad you asked.
1)He didnt know Garrosh, but would approve most of his shit.
2)Gamewise Blood Elf... Lorewise, a Highelf, unnafected by the thisrt for mana. He got over it through sheer force of will.
3)Illidan never ordered him to. Otherwise she would be already be dead. He already had sex with her in the far past, some milenia ago too.
>>
>>49053921

>age old war
>~35 years

yeah okay
>>
>>49052817
Of course. I always played on RP servers anyway.
>>
>>49062282
How does it work?
Most people I see there are just.... playing and not RPing
>>
>>49062293
Go to Goldshire on moonguard
>>
>>49053791
My main is a male Draenei paladin, so he'd wonder why he woke up with tits and a much smaller tail.

And yeah. He'd try and change back, the man has a wife and kids dammit.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_082916_211657.jpg (390KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_082916_211657.jpg
390KB, 1280x1024px
I just played hide and seek in stormwind and got 50k gold for finding him. Hooray for a nice community

>>49062293
Gotta look at the right places (not goldshire) and look for playmates on the server website.

My first experience was in the blood elf starting zone. Some Dk dude broke up with his girlfriend and she threw a giant tantrum. I was rather perplexed by the whole thing and went to the nearest tavern, only to be ridiculed by two gossip girls sitting on a barrel behind the bar...

Blood elves are cancer
>>
>>49062293
Most RP servers lack in role-players, I'll give you that, and those that don't (moonguard) have a lot of weirdos. It takes a while to find some guys to actually adventure and RP with, but it just sorta happens if you start RPing when you quest.

>>49062304
Don't listen to him. Moonguard itself is alright, just avoid Goldshire, ESPECIALLY the Inn at all costs. Goldshire is the nexus for every weirdo on Moonguard.
>>
File: image.png (1006KB, 1024x1341px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1006KB, 1024x1341px
>>49061680
No they aren't
>>
>>49060991
the hearts of it's maybe 60 people.
>>
>>49061202
Wait a hot a second, isn't this just the plot to Lord of Clans?
>>
>>49052817
Of course I do. My main, when I played WoW, was a good old waitress in old LOrdaeron who got blighted. Now she's a rogue. r8 story / 10
>>
>>49062716
I like >>49061931 best.
Less convoluted and more interesting and compelling..
>>
>>49062293
People are still there to play the game. I find that most people tend to smash out 100 levels before RPing. They then can have whatever mogs they need for whatever character they are and they can do stuff for guilds and factions in any zone.
>>
>>49057007
to be honest fel corruption gives you all sorts of shit.
>>
>>49062811
That's a shame. The most fun I had RPing was while leveling.

Me and about 4 other people leveled together in character, tons of fun, best part was when we'd do dungeons together.
>>
>>49062815
Even skateboards?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160829-165445.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160829-165445.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>49060489
That's a fair observation. They've been pretty consistent with how Dalaran looks and it's well, flying.
>>
>>49057361
>what changes if you switch the places of an evil shambling corpse of an elf with an evil shambling corpse of a human
>>
>>49052101
>>49052043
Outlaw Rogue is full pirate now.
Too bad Blizzard still hasn't implemented longcoats and tricorns as player gear. Yet.
>>
>>49059900
I can't tell is I like them reusing Fel Lord Zakuun so much

it's a cool model, but I hate how they all have Hellrender instead of different weapons
>>
>>49064329
They've probably designed the model so that the weapon is part of it, rather than it being able to be equipped with different weapons.
>>
>>49059922
Blizzard writing took a dive because they wanted most of their loved characters turned into loot pinatas.
>>
>>49061508
sometimes I wish that Blizz didn't restrict players to Horde/Alliance during Vanilla
>>
>>49063554
I think that's from a cinematic for the Suramar Zone. Can't wait to watch em all when I get to them.
>>
>>49060178
>your pic
perfection, thanks for that, i love memories
>>
>>49064438
yeah, probably. Funny that they managed to give the Vigilants interchangeable weapons (if you look at the dungeon journal model for Vigliant Kathaar or Socrethar, they don't have the arm shields because it only shows the model and not equipped weapons) but not Fel Lord
>>
>>49061202
>internment camps
>not purging them all
>>
>>49061466
It has been called, we've sent a group with a detain order for the remains of Miss Voss and for the soul of the banshee queen.

Expect a group to show up from 1 to 10 working days. Might include cult of the damned and ghouls and abominations, please do not feed the abominations they're on a strict diet.
>>
>>49064510
I wonder if they regret that too sometimes. Like, what sort of core things would they have done differently going back? I know some of them have said they wish they hadn't stuck to the '3 specs for all classes' thing so hard.
>>
Khadgars first words in the dalaran teleportation cutscene:

CITIZENS OF AZEROTH!

Truly, he is our memage
>>
>>49064765
Shit, legion drops this week and I missed all the pre-release stuff. Ah well.

I promised not to give blizzard my money.
>>
>>49064765
literally our guy
>>
>>49064725
Tbh i'd enjoy if next expac vs the void memelords they just do what they want to do, like, more than 3 specs, no horde/alliance, etc...
>>
>>49064765
>tfw can't be on release since my copy gets here friday more or less
>>
>>49064765
>go to him later for a quest
>all the shit we gave him during the legendary ring quest got pitched into a box and forgotten about
FOUR THOUSAND
NINE HUNDRED
EIGHTY SIX
>>
>>49058984
No way, she needs kt's wild ride
>>
>>49064566
I *still* have flashbacks over some of those steps. Including whole raids that were stopped cold by the Chess Event.
>>
>>49064846
>no more horde/alliance
Sadly this will never happen, because "muh PvP".
It would be really cool if they used a system similar to FCs in ARR, or guild-based stuff.

Another thing I want is the ability to learn languages, or for certain races to remember how to speak Common.
They probably used to be skills for a reason.
>>
>>49064928
I agree. When KT's phylactery was returned to the Argent Dawns Inigo Montoy, who became a lich in WotlK. When you kill him in wraths Naxx, he leaves behind an orb corpse instead of the phylacter.

Kel'Thuzads still out there.
>>
>>49065044
>he leaves behind an orb corpse instead of the phylacter.
Kel'thuzad confirmed for secretly a mana wyrm the whole time
>>
>>49065044
>KT
>Implying it's not Kael'thas

I'm telling you he's gona be back. BC was just a stepping stone, an instrument to a much larger plan.
>>
>>49065174
BEING KILLED TWICE WAS MERELY A SETBACK
NOW THAT THE SPIRIT HEALERS ARE ON MY SIDE, NOTHING CAN STOP ME
>>
>>49065174
>KT comes back
>As the vamp queen of ICC
>Not even gender bent, just bolvar being lazy with the names
>>
>>49065191
Did you honestly believe that I trust the future to some red, half draenei liar?
>>
>>49065233
>Kael'thas is just a skeltal mage with his MT-era head instead of a skull

I'd buy it.
>>
>>49065265
>Implying he didn't store his soul in an arcane golem while having his original body rebuilt

MT kael was merely KJ's body pillow of him, the real kael was planning to show fair treatment to his people.
>>
File: True Patriots.png (91KB, 359x187px) Image search: [Google]
True Patriots.png
91KB, 359x187px
>implying Jaina won't join the Hall of Fame as another dead racist human who only tried to defend her homeland

I don't think "fate" could have fucked anyone over more as she proceeded to lose her home, her family, her future and her refuge and she still aimed for peace. But hey, if you hate orcs, you must be a villain, unless you spread your cheeks wide for them and take it in the rear for 10 years of plot straight and then still get dumped into the villain pile.
>>
>>49065412
but no one thought of Jaina as a villain until she kept being a giant bitch after Garrosh died?

you know, the whole "I'll show you how the Horde is worse than the Legion" thing
>>
>>49065435
>"I'll show you how the Horde is worse than the Legion" thing
With Sylvanas put in charge, Jaina's not wrong.
>>
>>49065472
Man, at this point this sounds like recycling of the WC3's characters and plots to the bone. They run dry on fresh plot content and must stick old characters in new positions that don't make sense from character development point of view, unless Azeroth went from bright fantasy to slowly apocalyptic. I've been out of the loop with WoW, but it all sounds retarded.
>>
>>49065412
With this is the power wanted by both of you exes, Jaina. With it you will burn Orgrimmar down to dust, and destroy those blind traitors in Dalaran with a easy, fun sand castle game.
>>
>>49065520
>slowly apocalyptic
DeathwingandCho'galllaughing.jpg
>>
File: 1458963976231.png (832KB, 827x543px) Image search: [Google]
1458963976231.png
832KB, 827x543px
>>49064927
>>
>>49065731
>the wheel of memes has spun for me many times
>the wheel.. spins again
>>
>>49051736
Anduin Lothar return when?
>>
>>49066199
never because Anduin Wryn is the shit now.
>>
File: garrosh and anduin.jpg (184KB, 1171x1024px) Image search: [Google]
garrosh and anduin.jpg
184KB, 1171x1024px
>>49051826
>>
>>49066289
Why is Dio hugging Zangief?
>>
>>49066303
because Capcom will never be good again
>>
>>49066227
Will that fucker have kids or what?
He needs to continue his god tier heritage.
>>
>>49066324
Anime protaginists aren't god tier heritage
>>
>>49066435
>anime
movie/WoW fag.
Dont come near us, REAL FANS.
>>
>>49066435
>implying
>>
>>49066460
Varian pls
>>
>>49066460
You must be confused because Varian was literally anime protaginist material in the WoW comics and novels. He was also complete garbage in the game. Anduin is just a continuation of Varian but with a more peaceful approach to things.
>>
>>49065026
In the beta, Forsaken players used to speak Common. It was removed because people are trash talking little shits.
>>
>>49065412
Her brother is still alive, no?
>>
new thread
>>49066584
>>49066584
>>49066584
>>
>>49066558
yes, big bro died, second bro leading kul tiras (which might have sunk/raped by naga for all we know), little sis going crazy and becoming loot pinata soon. Poor Proudmoore line.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.