[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weaver Dice/Worm General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 25

File: WormLeviathan.jpg (97KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
WormLeviathan.jpg
97KB, 1280x905px
Welcome to Worm, where everything gets worse all the time.
For the original story, Worm:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
For the game built by the author, Weaver Dice:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit
for a better version of the OP:
right here in this thread, I hope
>>
all that discussion in the last thread and calling it a "shadow general" and then nothing here
man you guys are flip-flops on this stuff
>>
Link to previous thread?
Also I like Worm's grimdarkness. It's almost as bad as our world at times. It's refreshing in a genre usually made from a place of ignorance privilege and naivete.
>>
>>49047624
last thread: >>49003183
knew I forgot something
>>
File: 1466796033498.png (910KB, 682x642px) Image search: [Google]
1466796033498.png
910KB, 682x642px
>>49047170
I suspect it Spikes pretty hard on occasion.

anyone here follow the Capes of Rain City quest?

it's set in the universe and "feels" like reading worm, at least for now...hopefully Jim won't let it get too out of hand...
>>
>>49048043
When does his hiatus end?
>>
File: 1466834253003.png (374KB, 559x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466834253003.png
374KB, 559x900px
>>49048169
THE SOONER THE BETTER

I even got a drawfriend to do up this for art...
they overdid the "heart drawn in blood" on the visor, and they under-drew the eyes...but a beggar shouldn't chose so there is that to deal with...
>>
>>49044971
QUESTION FOR THE THREAD
on their own which capes would contribute to a gothic horror setting?

so far on my list I have Nilbog, Breed, Grue, Bonesaw, and Skitter.

no tech-tinkers...
>>
File: panacea_by_aerryi-d85udra.png (263KB, 500x1427px) Image search: [Google]
panacea_by_aerryi-d85udra.png
263KB, 500x1427px
>>49048480
Night and Fog seem to fit the bill, same for a hypothetical Panacea that doesn't mind doing to people what she did to Glory Girl.

fun fact: Night and Fogs names in german are "Nacht und Nebel" which is an idiom that can be compared to the english idiom "cloak and dagger".
>>
>>49049163
>fun fact
hmmm, thats pretty neat actually...

Id have to figure out how a trio of early industrial characters would fight them...or figure a weakness that could be exploited...
>>
>>49049163
Panacea is God. Damn. Terrifying if she uses her power to destroy rather than heal.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1015x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1015x276px
>>49048169
What hiatus?
Twig is being updated on a regular basis.
for real though....worm 2 starts after twig ends[/spoilers]
>>
>>49049314
agreed, hands down, no dispute.

>>49049407
there's a quest set in the Worm-verse

the QM is on hiatus
>>
>>49049423
>she mindfucked Glory Girl to love her in something altogether different from a sisterly fashion
>she could potentially reprogram people entirely, or just make them go splat
>>
You're a Tinker who can build anything
what do you build first?
>>
>>49050742
what any tinker builds first...

a workshop
>>
If you were running a campaign would you hope your players choose heroes,villains or rogues? I think villains would be more fun to play for players but being heroes could also be fun especially if the Gm is alright.
>>
>>49050742
Something to protect my self, maybe a armoured suit ? Or do a blasto and try and make endbringers-lite
>>
>>49051147
rogue is what I'd prefer to play.

leaning towards Light villiany but flip-flopping all the way across.

and if I were running I'd prefer villany out of players, means they have more they have to worry over
>>
>>49050742
A waifu
>>
>>49051311
It would be neat to try and do something like having the players be Robin Hoodesque figures. Stealing from other criminals or legal sources that have done wrong.
>>
>>49051399
you ever watch Leverage?

like that but with capes.
like in CoRC I kept insisting we find a meth or cocaine dealer to steal from.

catch them off-guard, and steal all their cash and weapons. and leave them tied to a rocking chair on their porch for the cops to find.

leave the product behind for the cops to find.
>>
>>49051476
Nah never heard of it mate, what is it?

But yea shit like that would be cool as, plenty of options for roleplaying and interesting story options and even interactions with other capes.
>>
>>49051570
it's a TV show on the TNT network.

a group of differently skilled individuals take on a different power each episode. a corrupt military contractor, or a big corporation. the villians always are the economically big guy and they all start by shitting on some little person, drug company killed people and covered it up? BAM villian of the week.

the 5 main characters are the 5 archetypal villians, The Hitter master of violence, The Hacker who bends machines to his will, The Grifter who can sell you dirt priced like a human soul, The Thief who passes like smoke through physical security, and The Mastermind who takes these disparate 4 and wields them as his weapons against the rich and powerful treading upon the backs of the little man.

it's complete at 5 seasons, and I've heard of a few people who put it on the required watch list for Shadowrun players.

it's a no-magic, modern setting show.
>>
>>49051147
An all hero campaign would be easier for the GM especially if they decide to go official and join the Protectorate. They don't really have much freedom except wait around for crime to happen but if the resulting criminal encounters are fun enough I could definitely see it work out alright. (Also I kind of want to play a game where dealing with pesky bureaucracy is an actual factor.)

>>49051697
Not the person you were responding to but what is CoRC? Or did you mean CoC as in Call of Cthulhu?
>>
>>49051755
>what is CoRC?
Capes of Rain City
it's a quest set in the Worm universe on the west coast near the border with canada.

main character is a thinker 4 or 5, breaker 3-4.

friends with a tinker 5 and a blaster/breaker 3
>>
>>49051697
That sounds pretty cool if not a little cheesy, will have to give it a looksie.
>>49051755
Well instead of downtime you could have the players doing other things like scoping out a villians lair or maybe search and rescue stuff.
>>
>>49051802
>will have to give it a looksie.
all seasons on Netflix.

try really hard not to fall in love with Parker
you will fail, not even women can resist her
>>
>>49051857
Probs not on straya lands Netflix, it's shit here.

What are the mc's from that worm quests powers ? I've been meaning to start reading some quests again.
>>
>>49051916
thinker powers, can detect weaknesses if given time to observe.

martial mastery to include thrown weapons(no firearms or projectile weapons tests as yet)

when combined the thinker powers allow us at maximum "the ability at full potential to deliver a blow that could break a battleship"

first season is the first 10 quests, of essentially getting to know our powers and doing street level stuff...

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes%20of%20rain%20city%20quest
>>
>>49051916
>Probs not on straya lands Netflix, it's shit here.
go look, it may be there.

basically every episode is a mini heist movie
>>
>>49051998
That sounds really cool, sounds kinda like karnak from marvel comics with the weakness power thing.
>>
Say your playing a campaign and your team is fighting some kind of threat and in the chaos another person triggers and their shard budded off yours, what would you do as a player?
>>
>>49052117
freak out because of the sight of a trigger event.

make a note of them, possibly follow them home.

"join me, we have a good theme"
>>
>>49052139
What if they decided to go a different route to you and become a hero if you're a villa not a villain if you're a hero. Could be a cool way to get a nemesis
>>
>>49052242
in the Worm verse if you know eacother's non-cape face and you stand on opposite sides of the law, there are unspoken agreements that you don't confront eachother...or that you emphatically do not share that info, and never take a step towards each-others families or friends...

it's how that world hasn't torn itself apart to a greater or lesser extent...
>>
I don't really remember but was it ever said that different people can't get the same power? If shards just generally look at all available information at the moment of the trigger and then pick a power based on that couldn't it happen that somewhere sometime different shards randomly came to the same conclusion?
>>
>>49051998
>they've got a knock-off Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
FEAR
>>
>>49052386
It's not exactly spelled out, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the exact same power. Each of the shards has its own usage by the Entity and would take different approaches to the same problem.

One pyrokinetic might shunt in fire from another dimension, another might be using ambient heat that they absorb into a reservoir, and a third just increases the thermal energy of things they look at, all with different ancillary powers.

If two people have the same power in your game you're probably doing something wrong, unless they shared a trigger or something.
>>
>>49048252

He looks like an escapee from Daft Punk.
>>
>>49050742
More Tinkers.
>>
>>49052386
>>49052973
Personality and other factors come into it as well so it's pretty unlikely that people will have similar powers.even with the pyrokinetic example, they are more likely to have different "gimmicks" so one would be a striker whereas one could be a blaster and the other a changer/breaker.
>>
>>49053027
only response to the draw request I got...
>>
Why exactly were trigger events not common knowledge? You'd think that people would be at least a little interested in where powers come from. Did everyone who never cared to find out just assume that people just get them at some point in life?
>>
>>49054779
They are, they even have classes on them at uni's that shit is on the internet. Taylor is just extraordinarily ignorant, and wildbow needed Tattletale to be his exposition machine.
>>
Would it be autistic to post some powers or trigger event scenarios here?

Sometimes I get jealous of reddit having all of the fun.
>>
>>49055747
Nah dude go ham, especially coz the threads kinda deadish. What Ye got famalam?
>>
>>49055747
Go ahead. I really like making a trigger event scenario, life situation and personality of the parahuman, and then tailoring the power to that.
>>
>>49055813
It's good fun aye, nice writing practice as well.
>>
>>49055829
It's also how powers work, adapting a core concept or function of the Entities to any possible implementation based on the host.
>>
>>49055805
>>49055813
Well I guess I have a question on one trigger event.

Imagine a high school American football star was on the rise to becoming an all star player, scouted by every college for his incredible skill on the field. Off the field he gets away with everything since everyone knows who this guy is. Next big game is coming up against their school's rival. They also have a rising star just as famous as this rising player, except he's an all-around decent guy. The game plays out, douchebag's team is losing, everyone is going quiet. Coach pulls douchebag aside telling him to rip the rival star player a new one. The douchebag does so, laying him out more than necessary. Then the rival gets up, is about to say something, then falls forwards dead. (Can the trigger happen here.)

Could athletes be under witness protection under these circumstances of would they need something more to try and change their lives? I think I had a bit of backstory where he was forced to move that year becoming an reclusive, solemn giant of Junior classman in a new school.
>>
>>49055930
>The douchebag does so, laying him out more than necessary. Then the rival gets up, is about to say something, then falls forwards dead. (Can the trigger happen here.)
>Could athletes be under witness protection under these circumstances of would they need something more to try and change their lives? I think I had a bit of backstory where he was forced to move that year becoming an reclusive, solemn giant of Junior classman in a new school.
Sounds like he killed the rival. That's prison time, not witness protection.

And anyway, after that kind of debacle, his reputation is ruined and the place brings back bad memories, so he would move away anyway, witness protection or not.
>>
>>49055930
I'd be left wondering how exactly the other dude died from a hard tackle.
>>
>>49055974
American Football seriously fucks people up, even with the protection they are wearing. Retired NFL players have a ridiculous rate of brain injuries that only get diagnosed later on. Not hard to think that someone could get seriously fucked up if the opponent is actively trying to hurt him.
>>
>>49055967
>That's prison time, not witness protection.
No trial? I kept thinking that his folks had a great lawyer under their belt to defend his case, somehow proving this murder was due to the rival's faulty equipment and what have you.

>>49055974
Coach basically gave the kill order. Some how, someway, this guy purposefully meant to wring this guy up through his neck and collarbone or something spinal while landing.
>>
>>49055930
If it's major enough to him he can trigger enough, but for that to happen he would probably have to realise he just fucked his life completely. I could see a chamber power especially if he was thinking at the time "my football career is over and everything I am is footbal" cue trigger there
>>
>>49056056
*changer power
>>
>>49056056
Changer power? Would this be a case of social identity or a Thinker power of stuff going wrong fast?
>>
>>49056072
I say changer because they involve the perceptions of ones self or how others will view them and something related to that and the others beside maybe stranger/ rare thinker don't really fit.
>>
>>49056072
There was a list of what events were likely to cause what powers on the rpg game doc I think, thinker powers were usually from emotional turmoil. Tinker's usually from long standing hard to solve problems. Blaster from being attacked by one obvious enemy. Shaker from the surrounding environment in general being dangerous in some way.
>>
>>49056205
>>49056072
Yea in the weaversdice rule book it gives the situations in which people trigger into various categories.
>>
>>49056199
It's honestly a mixed bag of Changer,Thinker, and Mover depending on how he sees the situation. Some others as well.

>>49056205
>>49056219
>Mover - the power moves the cape. Flight, speed, teleportation, etc.
Mover triggers are provoked by a drive to escape, flee, run.
>Shaker - Area of effect powers.
Shakers are generated from environmental danger or ambient danger.
>Brute - Enhanced strength, durability; armor, muscle, personal forcefields.
Brutes are created from experiences of physical damage or pain.
>Blaster - Powers that provide a ranged attack.
Blasters come about from hostile others, approaching or attacking from a distance.
>Breaker - Altered state, oft toggled, granting powers or altered interaction with reality.
Breakers come from abstract stressors. Blend or ambiguous re: mental or physical lines.
>Master - Creates minions or has a means of compelling others to take certain actions.
Masters come about from isolation, alienation, exile, or betrayal.
>Tinker - Building alien or advanced technology.
Tinkers arise from solutionless problems over long periods, culminating in crisis moment.
Thinker - Advanced perception, knowledge, data-collection, or skills.
Thinkers manifest from emotional or mental strain, reaching a crisis point in a short time.
>Striker - Touch based and melee effects. Typically weapon’s or arm’s reach limited.
Strikers result from immediate, in-your-face threat, usually a singular object or individual.
>Changer - Shapeshifting and alteration of one’s physical form.
Changers arise from identity/body image issues, or conflict of role vs. social expectations.
>Trump - Powers that involve powers: picking from, add, remove, complicate, compound.
Trumps have capes directly or indirectly involved in their trigger. Rare.
>Stranger - Powers specializing in infiltration, distraction, subtlety.
Strangers gain powers from unwanted attention or social/collective pressure.
>>
>>49056322
I wasn't too far off but yea there could be some cool powers to come out of that especially with mixed ratings.
>>
>>49056394
Going off of >>49056056 's quote, "my football career is over and everything I am is footbal" sounds like the more sound thought process for this guy.

Thinker and Changer are the top 2 classifications for him but only one can be a main classification. I'm still leaning on Thinker since it's more self-centered than Changer.

Any Thinker/Changer powers guys?
>>
>>49056532
gonna steal a "power" from Kingkiller:
The power to do subconcious thought processes consciously
Supermath, pretty much, able to find the trajectory of just about anything instantly and be in the right place to catch it or dodge it.
Theoretically you could predict trajectories of bullets and dodge them.
>>
>>49056532
I'm both of those guys and I reckon something along the lines of changes depending on people's perceptions. So maybe like he is as strong and tough as people think he is. Or maybe he changes gradually to become what others fear or appear to be their worst nightmare.the bigger you are the more intelligence you have, the smaller you are the smarter.
>>
>>49056532
So he realizes his only purpose in life is taken from him and regrets following the orders from his coach.
He gains the precognitive power of seeing the exact result of an action if he genuinly tries his best to accomplish it, but this power only activates if someone else is ordering him to do the task.

Possible application: "Take these two backup heroes with you and try to arrest every criminal in that house" "Not going to work we get overpowered 3 rooms in" "alright, take these other two heroes and arrest everyone in that house"
Rinse and repeat until they got the winning combination.

Sadly couldn't think of anything changer related.
>>
>>49056685
>>49056728
Maybe a combination of these two with a focus on "goals". The Thinker power of >>49056728 for understanding the barebones of a mission, then the Changer power of >>49056685 to stop one on one nuisances in the way. A swiss-army knife that's also a crystal ball.

>Receives his mission
>Figures out the best solution
>Gradually changes as best as he can for the situation
>>
>>49056846
Very Noice my dude, solid power and lots to work with.
>>
>>49056882
I'm thinking this guy's name should be Contingency or Fallback depending on how serious he becomes and who he works with.
>>
>>49056846
I really like it, but gotta be careful that the Thinker aspect doesn't turn into path to victory with a stepping stone, needs a definite limitation. Otherwise someone can just order him to create world peace and I don't even want to imagine what he turns into to accomplish that.
>>
>>49056940
Sounds pretty sweet, he could even use both and have one be a code for endbringer and s level threats.
>>
>>49056994
Maybe it could be limited to things immediately at threat to him or in the close future.
>>
>>49056994
It has to be on scale to the situation ahead of him. World peace situations are left to Accord. If he pushes himself and tries to get an answer that's impossible, he'll end up with nothing but an anyerusm.
>>
File: Armsmaster.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Armsmaster.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>49056846
>first night out in costume
>robbery in progress
>he just stands by the sidelines as victim and robbers are confused at his inaction
>only can jump in after the victim screams "help me already you idiot"
>>
File: Screenshot_20160826-185317.jpg (66KB, 296x255px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160826-185317.jpg
66KB, 296x255px
>>49057046
>makes his name Help Me!
>his slogan is SAY MY NAME
>>
File: 1468849476994.jpg (7KB, 249x188px) Image search: [Google]
1468849476994.jpg
7KB, 249x188px
>>49057070
>starts learning all kinds of languages after run-ins with foreign tourists and a deaf girl that only knew ASL
>some nemesis he gets along the way tries to defeat him by having people hurt near him who only speak increasingly obscure languages
>he second triggers after doing nothing during an assault of a jungle tribe elder that never made contact with the outside world as the rest of the tribe was shouting angry gibberish at him
>>
File: Screenshot_20160820-162533.jpg (223KB, 681x562px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160820-162533.jpg
223KB, 681x562px
>>49057220
Oh shit.

Does he get Thinker powers that just ASSUMES the worse case scenario for anyone in danger?
>>
>>49057220

Oh man. This reminds me, there was a dude in Weaver Dice Cleveland, Invictus. He was a Thinker who basically had something approaching Cherish's powers.

Then he second-triggered, and his new ability was to 'forbid' actions. He could give commands that would stop you from doing anything, and he escaped from being held captive by shouting at his captor "DON'T MOVE. DON'T BREATHE."

Guess how long he had to enjoy the new power? About ten minutes. Shortly after he escaped, he was chased down and crushed by a constricting force-field. He used a broken bottle to slice open his throat to go out on his 'own terms'.
>>
>>49057387
I've never read any of the game docs but why does every single story about it I see on here ende with the PC being murdered?
>>
>>49057912

Weaver Dice sessions are usually one-on-one, and they're very murderous. Also, it's generally rare to get a Brute power, so the PCs are extremely fragile. You can quite easily get punched or kicked or shot to death when fighting multiple mundane opponents.

When it comes to cape fights, it can be dueling with poisoned stilettos. A lucky hit can really fuck you up, and there's no real 'god stat' that is useful for everything. (Having 2 Guts is a giant liability in combat.)

It's generally easier to mention the Weaver Dice games that DON'T end with horrible death. A recent game I've seen had the player survive by NOT using his power, keeping a low profile, and running like hell once he got the chance. His goal was to escape, and he barely managed to pick up some money along the way.
>>
>>49054914
I mean of course researchers and actual parahumans know about triggers but I while reading I got this feeling that the average Joe still doesn't know about them. Taylor for one didn't and in that scene where Weaver was talking to the kids about how drugs are cool she had to explain trigger events to them too, granted they were just kids but on the other hand easily impressionable children also seem like the type who would research how to get superpowers.
>>
>>49049163
Funny how Night and Fog seem more interested in following Purity than E88 as a whole.

You'd think Nazis would be interested in preserving the humanity of their agents but it seems Gesselschaft is fine with mindrape.
>>
>>49059478
well, thinking you'll trigger makes it impossible, and you can't think about triggering if you don't know about triggers. Cauldron secretly controls everything, and has a vested interest in making more capes exist.

Contessa probably keeps them out of the public eye somehow.
>>
>>49059828
but people who would trigger in those situations probably aren't thinking of Triggering, they're thinking "holy fuck end my existence right now"
>>
>>49057995
tell us more about games that don't end in everything dying, even if everything gets worse
>>
How long would Weaver Dice games last if you start bringing in Class S? Say, S9, Nilbog or girls being gay because there are literally no males around.
>>
>>49062639
>girls being gay because there are literally no males around.
Is this supposed to be Panacea after deciding the best way to get her sister is to KILL ALL MEN via plague?
>>
>>49063097
>Panacea finally has A Bad Day and goes genocidal
She'd be a worse Nilbog, easily.
>>
>>49056994
Maybe he can only plan ahead a certain length of time. Like the length of a football game.
>>
>>49063138
damn skippy.
>>
File: 1472012787232.jpg (48KB, 428x413px) Image search: [Google]
1472012787232.jpg
48KB, 428x413px
Holy shit, have you guys read the suggestions for trigger events?

>You were slow to develop, eagerly anticipating your first pubic hairs and growth spurt at sixteen. Inches shorter than your classmates, unable to find your date because you looked like a fifth grader, you finally managed to convince your parents that you needed hormones to jump start your progress down that road. Before that appointment could arrive, however, you were hit by a car. Everything went dark, and you felt as though an immensely long time passed. When you woke, you instinictively knew it was from a coma, that things were horribly wrong, and... yet you felt a surge of hope. Time had passed, you had, in an ironic, twisted way, had a chance to grow up instantaneously, from your perspective. What they ended up telling you, however, was horrifying and confusing, almost incomprehensible. You lost half of your brain in the accident. You were vegetative, barely responsive, with the mental and motor functions of a one year old. Unwilling to end your life, and fearing that you would become too difficult to care for as you hit puberty, they pushed for the Ashley treatment, sometimes known as the Pillow Angel treatment. Sex characteristics pruned away, the hormones you ended up getting were intended to inhibit your growth, and to fuse your growth plates. You were referred to as Peter Pan in the local newspaper articles. But somehow, wires reconnected, your brain adapted, and you managed a recovery, with full mental function. A late bloomer now slated to be a child forever, and given the damage from your accident and convalescence, you're not an overly attractive one.
>>
>>49063138
>>49063243
If Tattletale is forced to spend a day with her then she's a S-class threat easily.
>>
>>49063221
90 minutes plus stoppage. Those plans better be Simurgh-tier tight or it'll be rather underwhelming.
>>
>>49063313
Or the plans are never a 100% success unless they're baby-mode easy, due to the fact that he changes for whatever is necessary.
>>
File: 1443530714373.png (86KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
1443530714373.png
86KB, 351x371px
>>49063268
Nice.
>>
File: Very interesting.gif (889KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Very interesting.gif
889KB, 320x240px
>>49063268
>instant permaloli
>>
File: 1471107662874.gif (497KB, 245x227px) Image search: [Google]
1471107662874.gif
497KB, 245x227px
"You failed your kid. The divorce, and the fact that you didn't see your child for two years, between the divorce and multiple marriages on your end and your ex's. Long story short, it was a nightmare, and the kid got shuttled around too much; they didn't even recognize you as they were unceremoniously dropped off. As you finished up the night's work, you could hear them sobbing in the other room. You promised yourself you'd go and console them after you finished the email... but something happened. A crack, a shudder, and they were standing in the door of your room with glowing eyes, whispering, ""I don't want to be a child anymore."" The next thing you knew, you were standing in the doorway, less than half your usual size, staring at yourself. They took over your body, giving you theirs. You were the child now, your life being dictated by a two hundred and twenty pound seven year old with adult hormones and medieval ideas of punishment, holding you underwater until you pass out or spanking you bloody if you so much as try to cook food for yourself instead of eating the burned shit they keep giving you. You thought they would be unable to deal, lose their job, beg for help, and you would have a window to find an answer or slip away, but they somehow find their way, building up a support network of others with shitty impulse control and childish attitudes, who give them drugs and a place to live for free. You trigger as your drug-addled seven year old talks loudly and drunkenly to the room about how to punish you for being a bad child."
>>
File: COWIiunUcAE6mj-.png (141KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
COWIiunUcAE6mj-.png
141KB, 300x377px
>>49063586
I like this. This is the kind of stuff required to trigger. Not "one bad day".
>>
>>49063268
there were several threads about trigger events...

here, have them
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46780224/#46780224

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46810508/#46810508

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46819088/#46819088
>>
>>49063586
I see a mover changer stranger here.
>>
>>49063776
Trump since he's dealing with other powers
>>
>>49063776
Considering the trigger involves another parahuman, a minor trump power could be tacked on to that.
>>
>>49063752
These seem kind of improper to use and in bad taste since a majority of these were from real tragedies. But they're so many to use.

Anyone willing to run a small game of Weaver Dice? I myself can't play but I'm willing to read anything you guys come up with.
>>
>>49063900
player reporting in
pls someone GM this shit I LOVE the idea of being in the Wormverse
>>
>>49063900
>These seem kind of improper to use and in bad taste since a majority of these were from real tragedies.
why?
they were shared for the purpose of making powers feel real. using them to make good villains or heroes seems like a fine way to respect the memories shared.

it's why they did what they did in the first place.

>>49063900
I could play up until the 3rd through the 5th(family business between those dates)

I don't know the system though.
>>
>>49063801
>>49063803
How would minor Trump powers work? The only examples ranged from FUCKHUGE (Eidolon, Echidna, Glaistig Uaine) to still pretty significant (Hatchet Face)
>>
>>49064112
Depends on the main power.
>>
>>49064112
slight redirection

detection of empowered individuals

detection of powers in use

immunity to some or all powers
>>
>>49064191
>detection of powers in use
I like it. If this character spots someone using a power, he can tell the class and ranking but no specifics.
>>
>>49064112
Citrine
Power identification (like Chevalier's but with more details)
Ingenue
Tack minor penalties onto power use
ability to temporarily cut shards off
Ability to temporarily boost shard connection
minor copy powers
>>
>>49063268
That sounds less like a trigger event and more like someone inserting their own weird fetish into the game.
>>
>>49064250
>class and ranking
No. Absolutely not. Give the character gut feelings and non-distracting visions about what the power entails.
>>
>>49064461
signified by GM secret notes pre-made comments of no more than 5 words

"get closer"
"further away"
"dodge a lot"

so you'd have the equivalent of the floor notes in dark souls.
>>
>>49050742
A better story.
>>
>>49064250
>class and ranking
NO no no no. Class and ranking are just ways to categorize the danger of the power. Have it tell them the name of the shard, but not what it does.
>>
>>49065249
"Shard Names" is overdone as fuck. In cannon, it's basically just the one psycho loli shit who uses those. Much cooler "power sense" idea:
Each parahuman has a unique Haiku that comes to mind when they are encountered.
>>
>>49065630
>Saws made up of bone
>stitch life into little pieces
>taking away minds
rate haiku
>>
>>49063309

Tats could probably talk her into killing herself if given that much time.
>>
>>49065726
Shit, I know I'd kill myself if I had to actually experience Tattletwat in real life.
>>49065679
3/7 It's not a Haiku - 2nd line has 8 syllables. It's silly to include the cape-name in it since it really doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the powers, and every syllable is previous.
Its not so descriptive of her powers to be super impressive either. but an alright attempt.
>>
>>49065915
>insulting waifu
no
you stop that right fucking now
>>
>>49065630
>Disparaging best girl
I will beat you to death with a shoe.

>>49063138
It'd be PanaceaQuest. Fucking pain trees everywhere.
>>
>>49065964
>Waifuing an obnoxious, asexual, meddlesome cur
/a/ is that way <<<---
>>
>>49066003
where the fuck did you pull asexual from? she said she wasn't looking for a relationship because she sees all the bad shit in a person right off the bat because of her power, and her standards just haven't dropped enough to accept all the bad shit yet.
>>
>>49066039
Direct WoG from Wildbow
If she was capable of sexual attraction prior to her power, she sure as shit isn't now.
>>
>>49066039
he pulled it from her literal inability to enjoy sex or even have it with someone without sudden agonizing spies in her power.

pulled from the story.
cannot sex someone, too much data.
>>
>>49066057
>>49066075
Wow, that fucking blows
still my waifu
>>
>>49066308
Just means she's forever pure, both in body and in thought.
>>
>>49066075
>spies
>SPIKES

>>49066308
yeah, I'd much rather gift Nilbog with a few tons of flesh in trade for a conversation or three
>>
Would it be appropriate to teach the players the system with no background or how to get powers and then ask the players to write down the single worst experience in their life? It would be interesting, at least on paper, for me to give them characters based around their real life experiences (don't know how I'd do the "council of players create the powers" part without them immediately catching on.
>>
>>49065968
>It'd be PanaceaQuest. Fucking pain trees everywhere.
>pain trees
>future!Phir Se in a Dragon Suit as the Shrike
yes
>>
>>49066366
no, she's corrupt as fuck in thought, I mean shit she's a villain
just how I like her
>>
>>49048480
Honestly, a lot of capes would fit in that kind of setting.

Moord Nag would do well, as would any of the projection type capes like Siberian or Genesis if you described them in a more gothic light.
>>
>>49049163
Actually, it's a reference to a directive given by Hitler during WWII. It was targeted at resistance members and other activists in Germany (and later the occupied lands) in 1941, and was essentially a purge of people who didn't agree with Nazi doctrine.
>>
>>49049937
Glory Girl mindfucked her into loving her in the first place, so I consider it fair play.
>>
>>49067187
source?
>>
>>49067110
>Siberian or Genesis more Gothic
The Siberian is a naked, cannibalistic tiger-woman.
Genesis is literally nightmare made hard-light-construct.
I don't think they need to be much more Gothic, maybe trim down the furry elements on Siberian.

>>49067187
>>49067210
Rampaging Fannon - never explicitly stated, or even deliberately implied. People like to use it as it also offers an excuse for why Carol is such a shit mom to Amy, but so loving to Victoria, instead of all the other perfectly valid ones she already has.
>>
>>49052273
Yep. Fleur, one of younger members of the Brockton Bay Brigade (later the New Wave) was murdered by a member of the E88 looking for recognition. Allfather had him killed as a weregild of sorts, iirc. (Might have been Kaiser, I don't remember the timeline that well).
>>
>>49052973
The only way to get exactly the same power is to share genetic code with another person, so either twins (Fenja and Menja) or clones (the Slaughter House 9).
>>
>>49067332
and even then you might end up similar but not the same.
>>
>>49067332
>>49067345
For arguments sake, though, it's totally possible that you could get two powers that seem identical to casual observation, but actually have very different mechanisms/quirks to them.

Otherwise, there wouldn't even be a concept of the "Alexandria Package" - but lots of powers look pretty similar at first blush due to black box effect.
>>
>>49055930
Okay, let's look at this.

He's got emotional stressors in form of my entire life is fucked' and 'I'm not getting away with this', which is primarily identity based as well as a physical stressor in that he's actively caused harm to a person that resulted in his trigger. This points directly at a Changer power, with possibly some Brute and Stranger aspects to go along with it.

Going solely from that I'd go with a shapeshifting power that relies on how aggressive he is, like a Hulk-lite. Given that this is a Wormverse power, however, it needs a bit of a twist. The angrier he gets, the more he transforms into something big and strong. The more human he becomes, however, the less notice he attracts from others. Football is all about the spectacle, so this guy is used to being the centre of attention, but since he's triggered he's either this hulking rage monster or he's completely ignored, which makes for some excellent conflict. Exactly what the Entity ordered.
>>
>>49067288
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-quotes-and-wog-repository.294448/page-12#post-20937115

It's heavily implied even by Wildbow.
>>
>>49067288
A lot of gothic horror is in the description. As it is the Siberian and Genesis are not described in gothic overtones.
>>
>>49067345
As far as I'm aware the Entities based the 'who gets what Shard' on genetics over anything else, so I'm not so sure on that. The only set of cape twins we've seen in canon are Fenja and Menja.
>>
>>49066368
Huh. Could Nilbog make a person so accurately that they'd gain a copy of their shard? In the same way that Bonesaw cloned the Slaughterhouse 9 well enough to have them gain their Shards.
>>
>>49066737
I wouldn't do it. Real life often has a habit of being fucking depressing, which is what /tg/ type hobbies are in the habit of running away from. You'd likely get a couple of people saying they didn't get the XBox they wanted for Christmas, followed by the guy who was raped by his uncle. Not exactly a good mood setter.
>>
>>49067671
IIRC; the worms read the future of the earth spread the shards according to stressors and on which persons personality would cause the greatest conflict

>>49067703
the implication in the eppilogs that people hate so much is that Nilbog could make the person and that Glastig Uaine could put the shard into them.
>>
>>49067671
Sorta - but the trigger has more to do than genetics, really.
If you ignore the cheating copy-pasta bud-shards (GTFO New Wave, you screw the average) related people seem to have, at best, esoterically similar themes. Grue and Imp, for example (and Imp -might- be a budshard) both have powers that help with escaping notice.
Part of the issue is we don't really see a lot of related capes that aren't budshards, so it's hard to quantify and make "rules" about.
>>
>>49049937
The tragedy of the mindfuck is how easy it was.
She didn't scheme and plot to make it happen, all she needed was to slip up for a second. She knew it was a wrong, and the first thing she did after it happened was try to fix it.
But one moment of weakness was enough.
That moment did a lot to show how having powers can be a curse
>>
>>49067782
I'm almost completely sure that Imp isn't a bud. Grue has some Entity ECM Shard with some Trump bits in it, and if I remember correctly Imp's is the one used to remove people's memories of the Trigger.

And speaking of New Wave, I'm thinking that Glory Girl's shard is a bud, but it pinged off of Gallant's.
>>
>>49068108
I always did find it hilarious that both the black characters had power that let them skedaddle from the popo.
And GG is probably a bud. her forcefield is pretty similar to ManPower (her uncle), everyone-except-brandish in her family flies, and the emotion could be a gallant ping - it's never explicitly stated that they were dating at the time, but they could have been, we don't ever get official word on the timing of her trigger.
>>
>>49068211
New Wave as a whole seems like a bunch of buds based around one or two shards, with the base being forcefields and hard light.

And Panacea, of course.
>>
>>49068445
>And Panacea, of course.
that was a genetic passed down trait
>>
>>49068211
It's a shame Nice Guy wasn't black, he could have been called Good Boy.
>>
>>49068211

>be black
>get darkness powers
>>
>>49068547
>it happened to Sophia too
holy fuck Worm is stealth racist
>>
>>49068547
>be Asian
>Become Dragon
>>
>>49068615
Twist is he's a western style dragon.
>>
>>49068615
>Be Asian.
>Become balrog.
>>
>>49068661
>Be Gay
>Become a rainbow that shots more rainbows
>>
>>49068670
>be smart
>get thinker powers
>>
>>49068615
>be Kurd
>get guns
>>
>>49068784
>Be Nazi
>Become poison gas
>>
>>49068612
>Kaiser was Wildbow's self-insert

>>49068706

>any given Worm thinker
>smart before their powers

Pull the other one, m8.
>>
>>49068814
>Kaiser was Wildbow's self-insert

It always cracked me up in the discussion threads how people reacted most strongly to RACISTS, rather than any of the other bullshit in Worm. Then there's Wildbow going on a page-long tangent analyzing Hitler or Neo-nazis circumstances and viewpoints, apathetically denouncing it all.

Strongly doubt it but it's still very amusing.
>>
File: 1466147898910.jpg (76KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1466147898910.jpg
76KB, 521x521px
>>49068934

>all the black characters in Brockton Bay are villains
>>
>>49069056
but they also weren't nearly as dickish as heroes
so there's that
>>
>>49069149
>>49069056
You're both wrong. There is an officially 'hero' black character. And she is a massive dick.
>>
>>49067587
This is cool.
I love how vastly different triggers can be interpretated, /tg/ should brainstorm powers together more often.

As a pro tip for anyone whose power ideas always seem to suck in a way, mine did too until I read this in the game doc:
>Pay attention, instead, to the effect on the individual. Pain, adrenaline, a possible loss of senses, that dim fear and realization that they’ll never look the same, and people will stare… these things feed into the themes and ideas. It’s a good idea to decide on the classification, then rattle off themes, symbols and underlying ideas that run through the trigger event. Frustration, pain, hopelessness, pride, greed, ruin, fire, etc, etc.
>>
>>49069056
Technically Shadowstalker and Weld were heroes.
>>
>>49069301
Shadowstalker was basically on the parahuman equivalent of a chain gang for being a fucking psycho
Weld has no memories, and was made of steel.
>>
Should we come up with some capes? Some one writes a trigger and then others make the power , anyone interested ?
>>
>>49069345
This is literally the first step in playing WeaverDice.

I guess I could throw up something, any flavor you're going for?
>>
>>49069280
Sophia is a disgrace to the black race
we don't talk about her
>>
>>49069422
What? She's a true hero of the black community.
Sees some white ratchet bitch mackin on a fine upstanding black man and does all she can to make sure she don't go stealin' him.
>>
>>49062635

Okay, one of my favorite ones: This is set in Sicol Bend, and the PC - Schuyler - is unpowered. He's the manager of the Keepers, a small wannabe superhero team. Actually, the Keepers only consists of two capes, Pas De Deux - A pair of French women linked by an unbreakable chain, who can swap powers at will. (They use the chain to set up clotheslines. One is a Mover, the other is a Brute - I think.)

Note that Schuyler is not a combatant. He's a social-focused character. His other advantage is that he has a lot of money.

Anyway, after a lot of wheeling and dealing, he manages to enlist the help of 'the Little Doctors'. They're a pair of medical Tinkers in Sicol Bend, who focus in cybernetic enhancements. Also, both of them are children. The man in control of them is their abusive grandfather, Rinaldo. (They have a number of cyborg soldiers 'on retainer', but Rinaldo handles all the adult stuff.)

Schuyler works with Rinaldo, a mercenary group known as Threshold, and a handful of cyborg soldiers to take out the 'Tigers', a Tong group with ties to the Yangban. (Earlier, another captured PC - Flair - was sold to the Yangban.) They have two capes: Coy, a powerful Changer with a monstrous form, and Thousand Hands, an old dude who can create golems in the form of hands. The hands are extremely resilient and can swarm. (He can keep as many as he like 'running', so he usually has several hundred of them.)

Their third cape, Thrice, was a crazy woman with personality issues and three main power suites. One was energy daggers, another was a forcefield, and I think the third was levitation or something. Anyway, Flair killed her by accident, but Schuyler doesn't know that.
>>
>>49069489

So when he sends his soldiers in to fight the Tigers, it's basically like an X-Com game where everything's going wrong. They win - and kill Thousand Hands - when a powerful, violent vigilante called 'Hands of an Angry God' (NPC Shaker, creates gigantic telekinetic flaming hands, already killed another PC) intervenes to help Schuyler's forces.

Schuyler pulls off a victory, but Pas De Deux is MIA (and probably dead), all his mercenaries except one are MIA or dead, and Rinaldo's men are down to one cyborg. However, he's wiped out of the city's most powerful factions.

That's when Rinaldo makes his play for power. Him and Schuyler end up having a point-blank gunfight in their office. Schuyler shoots him dead (Impressive, because Schuyler has basically no combat ability) and the remaining Threshold mercenary takes out the cyborg. When Schuyler wakes up, it turns out that the Little Doctors have rescued him by turning him into a cyborg. (His heart was destroyed, so they replaced it with a pump.)

The pump will break down without constant maintenance. Also, they put a bomb in it, and a microphone to monitor his conversations.

Basically, he's in deep shit.
>>
>>49069345
You fucked up hard. You got hooked on heroin, some gang member was your dealer, you didn't know or care who, as long as you got your product. You've been addicted for... five, six months now? You would get help, but your current parents would probably murder you, or worse, simply send you back to foster care and let them take care of it, which would probably land you in jail just for using.
But you know it's destroying your body and your allowance, hell, you're already in debt, if you stop paying every dollar you have, they'll kill you.
And then it happens.
"Anon, we're cutting your allowance because your grades have been slipping"
Fuck shit damnit donkey DICKS you are dead.
A week later, your dealer knocks on your door, and your foster mom answers it, she learns everything, and what does she do?
Protect you?
NOPE, she and your foster dad literally throw you out the door at your dealer.
as you tumble down the short staircase onto the ground, you feel cold metal pressing against your neck.
Trigger.
>>
File: 1472427271197.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472427271197.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>49069343
>>49069345
Weld's black?
>>
>>49069587
Master/Striker, can bodyjack while touching the target.
>>
File: 1418407231384.gif (1000KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1418407231384.gif
1000KB, 250x249px
>>49068544
I laughed and now I hate you.
>>
>>49068670
>be lesbian
>get power that allows you to better penetrate others
>>
>>49069717
lame as fuck. That's now how you worm power. You have to explain what it is, how it works, what caveats it has etc.
>>
>>49069643
Sentinel 9.1
He gets all pissy at being called son.
>>
>>49069872
I thought he disliked it because it is an overall condescending thing to do.
>>
>>49069743
>be black and abducted
>become the poor man's Cyborg
>>
>>49069872
>>49069912
Weld is a case 53 - he has no memories of his life prior to gaining powers.
He wouldn't have any way to know if he was black in 9.1
He gets pissy at being called son because he finds it dismissive.
>>
>>49069942
Who?
>>
>>49069843
Hijacks the nervous system via electrical impulses. Can be conveyed through conductive materials and flesh. Can be used to effectively fry a target's nerves and render them permanently paralyzed.
>>
>>49070050

Weld.
>>
>>49069587
>6 months
>Physical Danger
>was at a crossroads of danger
Duel Wield Tinker, specializes in chemical compounds and guns
>>
>>49070076
What does that have to do with heroin, foster parents, a dealer looking for money... ANYTHING in the trigger scenario?
>>
>>49069733
>I laughed and now I hate you.
You know you love it, you slag.
>>
>>49070110

It's time to break bad!
>>
>>49069345
I was literally chased and hunted by bears once as a kid.
>>
>>49069587
This is a good one, seems to involve elements from Thinker, Striker and Master powers.

The triggered not only is addicted and knows that it is all their fault but also can not get help and can only hide his problems because everyone who is supposed to help and protect them is unsupportive, and since it seems like the that person has been going from one foster family to another for a long time now they probably rarely or never experienced what it is like to have a proper nice and caring family, this points at possibly Thinker and Master. The feeling of being on the verge of dying and because of a gun pressed to the back is kind of a side step into Striker.

If I was going the most simple route I'd say that the power was similar to that thing that Panacea did to Glory Girl when she made her fall in love with her. People in the immediate vicinity get the strong urge to feel sorry for the triggered, they will try to assist in any way possible even if it will put them at a disadvantage.

(1/2)
>>
>>49070698
Some drawbacks now, this ability is uncontrollable so no one will ever be physically close to the parahuman without being put under the effect.
After someone was affected that person has to regain contact every once in a while to keep the effect going, I'm not sure how long would be balance though, anything from every hour to once a day?
After the effect ended the person will suddenly be aware that they have been mastered the whole time and will from now on be forever immune to that effect.

Codename "Poor Puppy" is a lone drifter and spents all her days going from town to town relying on her power to get kindness out of strangers. Never staying in one place too long makes it hard for the Protectorate to track her but since all she ever does is conning some random folk into preparing dinner for her and listening to her life story she is filed under "low priority criminal".

I now realize that there was supposed to be a Thinker effect somewhere here but I sure ain't gonna erase and redo all this shit now, if anyone could think of a Thinker tweak to this please mention it.

(2/2)
>>
>>49069345
You make friends, but all they(and now you) do is go out and cause trouble without caring who they offend. One day one of them gets you an in for a job, you've been unemployed for a long while now, but when you get there you find out your coworkers are deranged lunatics, psychopaths.
They give you a job, one you /have/ to do yourself but you can tell they don't trust you at all. They give you a shovel and tell you to dig. When you're done they throw a rolled up rug into the hole, it shifts as it hits the ground and the hand that falls out is really, really small.

You turn around and face them, you can see it in their eyes; they're damaged. It's join or die, do you want to die with honour or become like them?
You trigger.
>>
>>49070710
It's also got all the hallmarks of a Tinker origin as well
Damn, this could be a LOT of different things.
But one thing we haven't really considered:
How is the power ironic compared to the situation?

In the first power set it makes no god damn sense, no irony, no real connection to the trigger.

In the Tinker's case, it's got some irony in that it doesn't solve her problem, it makes it worse, since now she knows how to make super-drugs.

In this case, it doesn't solve her drug problem, but it does solve her secondary issue of never experiencing love.

I think the lost puppy schtick is fantastic, but might not be perfect for this scenario, then again, Taylor's powers don't have much to do with her trigger either.
>>
>>49070777
Mover changer stranger?
>>
>>49070811
I think this is just an aspect of Worm powers, every one of the possible powers focuses on a different aspect of the trigger + the triggered.

Don't the shards do the same? They look at the peoples trigger event plus general life and look for the next best power. Just like you said, Taylors powers only in an abstract way had anything to do with her being a social pariah and being trapped inside the locker.
>>
>>49070689
what were you feeling back then and what was your personality in general ? this could be a cool power.
>>
>>49070875
nothing in there says changer - no self image/body issues.
Similarly, I don't really see Stranger, it's not really about having attention focused on you.
Mover I guess? but I see some breaker elements in there (Threat of loss of humanity/self) Without knowing more of the emotional impact (does the trigeree want to flee? want to fight?) it's hard to say definitively, we kinda have to pick an emotional response and go with it.
>>
>>49070689
>>49070958
Clearly, he gets the ability to shape-shift his arms into giant, furry, clawed appendages that are more-or-less immune to damage and super strong. Anon, you have the right to bear arms!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>49070926
So, roll a die to see which one anon gets?
1 is the bodyjack power
2 is Tinker
3 is poor puppy
>>
>>49070926
It gave her all the leetle friends she could ever want.
>>
>>49070995
i was thinking something striker/blaster and stranger. Maybe if someone is specifically coming after him he can break line of sight and they will be confused about what they were doing and why, but if they see him again they will be even more zealous in the hunting. The striker/blaster could be something like a touch based ability or blaster ray that causes sensory confusion/deprivation momentarily.
>>
>>49070958
I was 14 years old running down a frickin mountain being chased by bears that wanted my food for the rest of the week, vaulting gaps with my staff and occasionally sliding on gravel.

my thoughts were "oh shit oh shit oh shit, 2 miles to the nearest ranger station with it's bear-resistant lock, oh shit oh shit oh shit" still surprised in hindsight I made is all the way there faster than the bears.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WHEN CONFRONTED BY BEARS AFTER YOUR RATIONS DO NOT HIT THEM WITH YOUR STAFF AND RUN AWAY WITH AFORESAID RATIONS

THEY DO NOT LIKE THAT
>>
>>49070689
>Bears
Let me tell you a story
>Open my front door
>Bear
>Looking right at me
>Tilts it's head
>NOPE
>Gently close the door
>WHUMP
>Get scared a bit and look out the peephole
>Bear is gone
>Look out the window next to the door
>Bear is flopped on the door, apparently sleeping
And that's why in Alaska, it's an acceptable thing to be absent due to bears.
>>
You are trapped.
>Want to escape?
Mover
>Want to fight?
Striker

What trapped you?
>Your environment
Shaker
>Someone that punches you
Brute
>Someone that throws stuff at you
Blaster
>Your own mind
Breaker
>Your own body
Changer
>A problem you're mentally incapable of solving
Thinker
>A problem you're physically incapable of solving
Tinker
>Your society excludes you
Master
>Your society includes you against your will
Stranger
>Another cape
Trump
>>
>>49071107
this was a pair of angry black-bears. they probably only outweighed me by a few dozen pounds each. nothing like the grizzly(?) from your story, probably. but they were the largest animals I'd seen outside of a zoo
>>
>>49071078
this was the one i made for you big guy.
>>49071053
>>
File: Kuma shock!.png (87KB, 458x550px) Image search: [Google]
Kuma shock!.png
87KB, 458x550px
>>49071107
Can't you, like, call the police and tell them there's a bear outside your door?
>>
>>49071149
too much simplification and the way some of them are explained there seems inaccurate. really the best thing for a list like this is the weaversdice one especially because wildbow has worked on it himself.
>>
>>49071185
sometimes people live an unreasonable distance from police and a beat-cop may not have the firepower to put one down
>>
>>49071005
I don't think that we should look for a definitive one when we brainstorm powers, part of the fun is seeing all the vastly different ways a trigger event can be interpretated.
>>
>>49071162
>a few dozen pounds each
... You were a hefty 14-year old.
>>
>>49071227
dude, I am shit at estimating, they were shorter than me but way wider, and my focus was not on them...it was on not being mauled by bears
>>
>>49071162
It was either a small grizzly or a big black bear, did not want a good enough look to tell
It stuck around for three whole hours, I think it wanted my food.

Anyways have another Trigger:
Kidnapped. That's the word. Why did you listen to the man, you know he didn't really have candy! You're so silly, listening to the man in the trenchcoat and fedora. Now you're tied up in the back of a white van, your backpack run over and your pockets emptied.
Seven months later they found you in a basement, beaten, whipped, slightly burnt, half-starving, and no longer a virgin in any of your holes.
And what happened to the man that did this to you?
Nothing, the man wasn't put in jail, wasn't punished for how he hurt you.
Then he found you again, your parents LET HIM IN YOUR ROOM!
He's standing over you now, grinning.
You want to hurt him back, but you're too small still, he looms over you, those ugly yellow teeth showing, he grabs your hands and puts them over your head
Trigger.
>>
>>49071273
I don't think I understand this one, was the kidnapper friend of the family and the parents didn't believe that he had done anything wrong or are the parents psychopaths and are in on it?
>>
>>49071273
changer/striker/thinker is my vote on this one.
>>
>>49071353
The kidnapper was probably a cape himself with some sort of Stranger or Master power.
>>
>>49071273
Striker, pain touch; can be once off or a lingering effect. Any level of pain from 1 to 11, but not the kind of pain that kills. If they died they couldn't feel pain anymore, so you can trap them in an endless loop of unimaginable pain until someone mercy kills them. Or just give them a niggling twinge that never goes away, maybe a quick blast that fucks them up so you can get away.
>>
>>49071439
Jesus, Slaughterhouse 9 would have a field day with this kid.
>>
File: Mannequin.jpg (52KB, 531x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin.jpg
52KB, 531x1502px
So my Pathfinder GM greenlit me being allowed to essentially play Mannequin provided rules 3pp or otherwise back me up.
So to anyone here who also plays Pathfidner how would you build Mannequin?
Not sure if this belongs in here or /pfg/ but whatever.
>>
Came up with two trigger events. The classifications are easy enough to come up with but their powers should hopefully be unordinary.

1st trigger:
It's the middle of winter and tonight is the harshest snowstorm anyone has ever seen. Unfortunately, this character received a phonecall from a hospital that their only parent is in the ER for undisclosed reasons. Like hell this snowstorm is going to stop them. But this snowstorm kicks their ass. Snow from the sky turns to hail and the snow on the road reveals ice. Your car barely makes it out under 20 mph, dangerous speeds in a night like tonight. When you finally pass by the overpass, you think you see lights that shouldn't be there. Then your hear tires squeal and metal wrack that didn't come from your car. Next thing you know, you collide into a wall cars and ice from and snowed in town.
>>
>>49071839
Step 1: be a faggy Mr. Freeze.
Step 2: play a (Synthesist) Summoner or an Aegis.

You're done.
>>
>>49071895
2nd trigger:
Engaged to the person of your dreams, your wedding day is just around three corner. Still feeling giddy with all of the support in the world, you two go out on a special kind a date. Since when have you guys actually explored the city you planned to live in? You think it would be adventurous and fun to check out the more scenic and unchecked roads in your neighborhood. When that beggar saw you take out cash for the local deli, he pitches a fit on how selfish you were. You turn away from the scene to discover that your car and partner is gone. Calling them leads to voice-mail. Asking the police about your missing person never goes further than that. You spend the next week searching and searching in this cesspool for someone who may be dead. And now it's your wedding day with no one to marry.

This one is kinda weak.
>>
>>49071895
Shaker.

You have some variation on water/ice control.

Congrats....you are a waterbender.
>>49071998
A thinker with master elements.

You can leech upon the minds of those in a twelve yard radius. A large portion of their brain functions get syphoned to you as long as they are in you're area of effect.
>>
>>49071895
I absolutely see an ice-based Shaker on this.

Yeah, maybe it's a bit uncreative, but it's honestly hard to think of anything else- perhaps a tiny bit of Brute on top?
>>
Which endbringer would you least like to encounter? What would be your plan?
>>
>>49072726
Simurgh. Run and/or sudoku.

Mindfuckery is not fun.
>>
>>49072779
This.

When someone thinks you've been in contact with the Simurgh then your pretty much doomed in the first place.
>>
>>49072726
>would you least like to encounter?
...any of them...

>What would be your plan?
move to wherever they keep Nillbog and befriend him by building a catapult and corresponding with him by way of deer carcasses with writing on them. perhaps one or another of them has instructions for a catapult for launching smaller return-letters.

eventually get a pass to come in for a sit-down and chit-chat. if SHTF I move into monster-town
>>
>>49072779
>>49072812
What would you do if you thought you were compromised and becoming a simurgh bomb? I feel if most people knew about the simurgh stuff they would go full paranoia
>>
>>49072846
That's the sudoku bit. Gotta do it for the greater good.
>>
>>49072313
Going deeper into this, because I'm unsatisfied with a power as simple as "ice".

Ice (and water) within a distance of you all drop in temperature, and can be warped, flash frozen, and controlled by you. Once it's been warped, you cannot unwarp it until it defrosts again, although you can extert small control such as shattering it or tipping it over. Picture it as a different state of "frozen" than normal frozen ice.
On the small scale, a cup of water could explode and freeze over somebody's arm. A puddle could erupt into a thin wall, or spread itself and freeze the floor it resides upon.
On the large scale? Snowstorms can become spiketraps, or you can encase people, or you can skate across the sea.

Manton effect prevents you from warping the moisture or water content inside people- although they can sense you coming from the drop in their internal temperatures.

But, y'know... good fucking luck being useful in a dry building. Better bring water balloons or something.
>>
>>49072892
Always carries around water bottles or canteens in public but never drinks them. How fine of a control does this person have? Water bottles are grenades, swords or both? Would the cape's own spit work once ejected?
>>
>>49072726
Honestly? Khonsu's pretty underrated as far as terrifying shit goes.

Leviathan and Behemoth? They'll fucking kill you in an instant. The Simurgh will brand you as a threat for life, so just jump off a building or shoot yourself.

But fuckin' Khonsu will force you to slowly wither and die and you'll be unable to stop it unless you were lucky enough to have a weapon. If you don't? Maybe you should just beat your head against the fucking concrete and hope you die quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 269x188px
>>49072779
>Pic related has never been more applicable for a non-tzeentch lovecraftian bird demon.

You run the fuck away is what you do.
>>
>>49072972
What I understood about Khonsu is that if you get trapped in a timewall you'll age a thousand years in a second and die instantly without actually experiencing the thousand years.
>>
>>49072968
Control wouldn't be very fine, unless time is given to it. An ice sculpture, for example, might take hours- but a spike or wall could flash freeze and summon in seconds.

A water bottle could easily be both- although it wouldn't be as sturdy as a real sword unless you gave it a bit of time to shift. Simply creating a giant spike from a water bottle might do in a pinch, though.

Probably, but very, very poorly, because it's still the volume of spit.

>>49073014
I wouldn't be suprised if I misremembered, it's been a long time since I've read up on Khonsu.
>>
>>49073046
>>49073014
according to Legend who actually survived that attack...
you DO experience that 1000 years
>>
ITT: WE MAKE ENDBRINGERS
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Post 2 Random powers that's not too weak and not Omnipotence or Omniscience because shit we need a chance.

Regular Endbringer body structure applies.
>>
>>49073072
Oh, that's right!
If you weren't conscious in the time warp field, Legend would've never even been able to figure out he could survive it.
>>
>>49073088
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Contact
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Energy_Absorption

Guess i changed my rules some. Kept rolling until two powers had similarities.
>>
>>49073088
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Growth_Inducement
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Trap_Construction
Colloquially known as 'The Bonermancer' for the one time a cape stepped in its trap and their dick grew six feet and that it looks a bit like Skeletor. Usually it just makes random body parts swell up, leaving the recipient in agonizing pain and no way to go back to their normal life with a rib bone larger than they are without Panacea interrupt or equivalent.
>>
>>49073088
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Olden_Visayan_Deity_Physiology
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Generation

Okay, well... hm. This is a peculiar one.
I know basically fuck all about Visayan Deities, so I'm absolutely 100% sure you could create something much better out of this if you put in the proper research.
But I'm picturing some sort of massive, faceless, humanoid entity, holding a deck of cards that are all individually the size of a large house. It throws it and the card lands or is thrown somewhere, the encompassing area is immediately enswarmed by a result dependant on the card.
The card of Ladlaw, for example, swelters heat in the area as lava and flame erupt, while the card of Libulan creates an all-encompassing darkness that blinds and eats away at all within it.

Capes gathering to prevent an attack usually split into two major teams of assault and defense- one to assault the creature, and another team to halt the cards from landing or destroy the card mid-air, as it's effectiveness is greatly diminished once damaged, and the card itself can be destroyed.

Or, y'know, just wait for Scion to show up and eat the entire deck of cards or some shit.
>>
Anyone interested in running a game for /tg/ folks? Seems like there'd be plenty of interest.
>>
>>49073663
I'm running a game in World of Peril offsite, albeit with the Weaverdice trigger and powergen.

Seems to be working so far.
>>
>>49073663
Yes please.
>>
>>49073694
Yes please to gming? Or to being a player .
>>
>>49069345
You've spent years idolizing capes, collecting protectorate figurines and posters- and it culminates in this. Your first night in your "cape career", you plan to mostly clean garbage, help an old lady cross the street or two.

Everything quickly goes sour. A speech to drunken teenagers is interrupted as one asks what powers you have. When you stutter over saying you don't have one, they mock you, and shove you around. Your attempt to escape with pepper spray simply causes them to attack you, filming the event and laughing at how they're "beating up a real cape!".

As you stumble back home, your world has collapsed on itself. You've been unmasked and humiliated, probably soon to be all over the internet already, on your first day. The crushing realization of your wasted years of worship is enough to drive you to thoughts of suicide.

Before you can act on one of them, you trigger.

This is an actual trigger event from my current Fate game, interested in seeing alternate takes on the powers.
>>
>>49073783
Stranger/Thinker, power makes you appear to others as a random living but not present cape (appears as the same cape to all) and allows you to know and imitate the personality of that cape.

So you won't accidentally appear as Hero, but might appear as Eidolon (unless he's nearby).
>>
>>49073783
Some kind of Thinker/Changer? You can see how to manipulate people into thinking you're a hero and then your changer power lets you assume a form they find optimally heroic and would let you manipulate them best; accommodating some minor above peak human physicality if you need it. Like charles atlas strength, super hearing etc.
>>
>>49073846
Jesus christ, depending on how you interpret the wording of "manipulation into thinking you're a hero", that's like Nice Guy x100. Fucking terrifying.
>>
>>49073923
Well, I was thinking more like your power supplies you the cliff notes, "Oh so if I take this approach it's more likely to work." You'd have to do the actual legwork yourself.
>>
>>49073831
>>49073846
These are both really cool. So cool to see different interpretations of the same source.

My DM actually decided on Tinker/Thinker, building items of defensive focus and structural integrity. Although estatic to be a Ward, he laments his current inability to build something awesomely powerful and iconic, like a laser sword or a really cool gun.
>>
>>49069280

Sophia was a villain in all but name, and a criminal.
>>
Reminder that Coil is black, and so is Doctor Mother.
>>
>>49074143
Talking about black people, during the first villain meeting in the bar Kaiser denied Skidmark a place by the discussion table and forced him to sit by the sidelines. Skidmark thought it was because he was black and asked why he is ok with Grue sitting at the table to which Kaiser replied something along the lines of "it's not because of your skin it's because your gang is irrelevant and you are low life scum".
How did they know that Grue was black if his costume covered his entire body?
>>
>>49074189
>How did they know that Grue was black if his costume covered his entire body?
Maybe it doesn't? Maybe clothing got damaged in a fight and someone noticed? Maybe the current costume covers, but previous didn't?
>>
>>49073760
Player.
>>
>>49074143
>Reminder that Coil is black
wait what
I always pictured him as this pale as fuck skinny lanklet

fuck I gotta reread worm
>>
>>49074143
>Coil is black
Only in that one fic where he looked and sounded like Morgan Freeman.
>>
>>49050742
A gaming PC.
>>
>>49074242
Leet pls
>>
File: Coil.png (511KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Coil.png
511KB, 1000x1200px
>>49074230
I'm like 70% sure it's just a meme, Taylor never even saw his face because she was blind from the time he went around unmasked to the moment he died.
>>
>>49074230
>shoots his superior officer to save his own ass
>kidnaps a small child
>relies on white people to do all the work for him
Well he's either that or a Jew.
>>
>>49074266
>buff Coil
Why did he hire a body double that looks nothing like him?
>>
>>49051147
Heroes would be the easiest to GM for.

Villains would be fun as well. Players might have a Coil-like benefactor that gives them missions who can be betrayed later on.

No rogues please. A rogue game sounds like it would be one of those games where the players sit around and do nothing.
>>
File: Grue by Neoworm.jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Grue by Neoworm.jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
Edgieness be damned, I absolutely adore all the darkness and shadow related powers.
I'll probably try to work out a cape team themed around shadow abilities and other synergizing powers for possible campaign use.

Besides Grue, Shadow Stalker and Moord Nag, was anyone else ever mentioned to have something similarly shadow related?
And was there any similarity between the shadow stuff they used? I mean was the stuff that Shadow Stalker could turn into the same stuff that Grue dispensed from his body and Moord Nags shadow buddy was made of?
>>
>>49074780
>I mean was the stuff that Shadow Stalker could turn into the same stuff that Grue dispensed from his body and Moord Nags shadow buddy was made of?
No. Different shards different materials.
>>
>>49071353
the implication is the rapist is a smooth talkin cape that uses whatever power he has to get away with things.
>>
>>49074143

DM wasn't evil, though. When will the irrational hate for Cauldron among the fanbase die?
>>
>>49075545
>irrational
I'm going to point at the case fifty-threes, laugh, and walk away
>>
>>49075545
I never said she was. The opposite in fact. Perhaps I worded it poorly.

I get annoyed at the unarguable Big Good hating too.
>>
>>49075559
Yes, and? They were saved from death by the vials they took, and human experimentation is a perfectly justifiable tactic in their circumstances.
>>
>>49075559
There's a point where you have to forgo morality for utilitarianism, anon, and when literally every human from every dimension ever is at stake is when you start being irrational at hating the people who stop that even if they commit heinous war crimes against 0.00000001% of the populationt to do it.
>>
>>49071273
>>49075238
In this case we have the interesting opportunity with this trigger event to make the shard of the fedora lord bud off to the child, especially considering that they already spent 7 months together.

The way the child never got any justice in court and was even betrayed by his parents since they "let him in" points at Master though the unwanted attention of being bound and tortured for over half a year is more of a Stranger thing. Additionally the way the child regrets ever believing the promises of candy sounds like a Thinker trait.
The only thing I am certain of is a Striker power since the trigger ultimately was set off by being in close proximity of the fedora lord after thinking it was over.

Depending on which part one focuses, to me this sounds like either Striker/Master, Striker/Stranger or Striker/Thinker plus any combination of those three. Additionally one could consider the possibility of the kid having budded off of the kidnappers shard which would additionally bring in a minor Master or Stranger power, though this is only an optional gimmick and would at first require to think up a power that the fedora lord could have first.

Any thoughts on this idea?
>>
>>49075730
>Any thoughts on this idea?
You misunderstood budding at any rate. Buds are really similar powers, like most of New Wave having flight, shields and lasers. Shards can 'ping' off of others nearby for inspiration during trigger events and cause extra powers to be tacked on, the original power mutating, etc.
>>
>>49075730
I was thinking she's got some Trump stuff going on as well
>>
Is this worth giving a read?
>>
>>49075834
I think Trump assumes that the person knows that parahumans are involved while the kidnapped child only sees that the man mysteriously keeps getting away with it.
This makes me wonder, if a person triggers by something he/she 100% believes has parahuman involvement but actually hasn't, they could get Trump powers right?
>>
>>49074143
Reminder that coil isn't actually cannon black, Wildbow just got fucking sick of people asking that and said "Sure, whatever, who cares" when asked, which assclowns interpreted to me "HES TOTOTOTES BLALAACK"
>>
>>49075856
Yes, but you might want to wait for the edited/rewritten version in a year or two.
>>
>>49075883
>In a year or two
Jesus christ, what?

What's so bad about it now? I've got basically nothing but time, and it seems at least somewhat interesting.

Seriously though, how the fuck does it take two goddamn years to edit shit?
>>
>>49075902
because the dude is writing a whole bunch of other shit on top of editing the original story.
and then
he's writing Worm 2
>>
>>49075902
Because the author is writing other things before doing the rewrite for print.

I mean you can read it now just fine.
>>
File: Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>49075856
I mean considering this is the general the answer everyone will give you will probably be yes.

I'll say the same but mention right away that it isn't perfect. For example this isn't exactly a finished webnovel as much as it is a "finished" webnovel, it is still a first draft that is only now getting edited, this is especially noticible in the pacing which runs at break neck speed since it was updated once a week and was desperate not to lose viewers by becoming "boring".

Another thing is the lenght which should answer your question here >>49075902 , at roughly 1.7 million words Worm is just a bit shorter than all currently released A song of ice and fire books.

But honestly despite all that I, for lack of better word, consumed it all and read through it in the matter of less than 2 weeks (literally did nothing else while I was on the reading binge). The worldbuilding, as other like to describe it, is literally god tier and it avoids tons of fall pits that the cape genre generally is full of.
>>
>>49075934
>>49075927
Is there a particularly pressing reason to NOT read it as it is?
>>
>>49075976
The 2 year timeskip. The pacing.
>>
>>49075976
As >>49075975 said its mostly just the pacing and, without spoiling too much, a rather badly handled time skip near the last third. All these are things that the author wants to fix for an official release.
I'll say just go for it, despite those things it still is 100% readable in its current state.
>>
>>49075976
no, just read it.
You'll get most of the world building stuff taken care of by the end of arc 9 (Leviathan Battle, Wards arc) after which the breaks on the crazy train get cut, and the pace goes waaaay too fast. The actually cosmology (for lack of a better word) doesn't really get explained until the very end. The first 10 arcs are the best, but then the pacing goes to hell, there's this constant silly need to ramp up the power levels to the exclusion of all else, and some stupid, stupid shit goes down (S9000)
>>
>>49075975
Thank you. I'm gonna go start reading the shit out of it then, since I've been in fairly dire need of something to help distract my fat ass.
>>
File: cena sayan.gif (4MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
cena sayan.gif
4MB, 356x200px
>>49076035
Distract your fat ass with getting fit instead (or at the same time, there is a fanmade Worm audiobook IIRC) so you can distract other people with your ass.
>>
>>49075666
pointing out again that the Path to Victory was not infallible in this instance.

first, the because it only gives an answer to the question that was asked. Not the best answer, and doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the question that was asked.

Second, and more importantly, the power doesn't work when applied to Scion. So she had to use ask hypotheticals, based on her own, possibly flawed, beliefs about Scion.

So we cannot conclude that all of the horrible shit Cauldron got up to was justified.
>>
>>49076096
This has nothing to do with PtV. They were trying to manufacture powerful parahuman/silver bullets against Scion. That is a good idea regardless of precognition or lack thereof.
>>
>>49076087
That's also part of the plan, but right this second the day consists of "Get the house cleaned up, cook, take meds, and try not to panic", and the story should help with that.
>>
>>49076096
Why would a magical space whale GPS give a solution to a problem that pink fleshy stupid ape-things consider "moral" and "justified"? That makes no sense.
>>
>>49076096
>they weren't perfect therefore they weren't justified
Well shit, I guess they ought not to have bothered and just let Scion blow up ten thousand trillion people before he got bored and blew the rest of the planets up.
>>
>>49076182
>>they weren't perfect therefore they weren't justified
>This is what libertarians actually believe
>>
>>49076124
except they weren't able to coordinate worth shit unless they fucking lucked out with Khepri.
They weren't able to know if producing parahumans the way they did was more likely to produce ones that were useful in that fight.
They weren't able to know if producing more parahumans was more effective than a smaller number of parahumans who were able to spend those decades building up resources and plans.

They weren't able to know if producing parahuman villians and victims, and letting them live, function and get more fucked up, wouldn't result in them fucking themselves over, which almost fucking happened with Teacher and Saint.
>>
>>49076360
And yet, if they hadn't done as they had done Khepri wouldn't exist and everyone would have fucking died.
>>
>>49076360
>except they weren't able to coordinate worth shit unless they fucking lucked out with Khepri.
Or, say, the manufactured some other amazing coordination parahuman, better keep rolling the dice and hope one turns up.
>They weren't able to know if producing parahumans the way they did was more likely to produce ones that were useful in that fight.
They produced several already, or at least, ones they *thought* were useful. Better keep experimenting and figure out how to consistently make stronger ones
>They weren't able to know if producing more parahumans was more effective than a smaller number of parahumans who were able to spend those decades building up resources and plans.
Except, see, they didn't know how long they had until the endgame, coulda been tomorrow, coulda been 100 years from now, better get some boots on the ground now.
>They weren't able to know if producing parahuman villians and victims, and letting them live, function and get more fucked up, wouldn't result in them fucking themselves over, which almost fucking happened with Teacher and Saint.
Actually, this one PtV could control, except for Eidolon, oops!
>>
>>49076462
post facto justification is shit.
Creating coordination could have worked out better.

>>49076532
>Except, see, they didn't know how long they had until the endgame, coulda been tomorrow, coulda been 100 years from now, better get some boots on the ground now.
doesn't help their justification. Because coordiantion could have been more useful over those different time frames, because making more parahumans and having them be functional also took time.
>they could control
not if it interacted with Scion, which Teachers plan did, thus putting it into the blindspot.

Things happened to work out for Cauldron, that doesn't mean that what they did was actually necessary. Using their success to justify their action is post facto justification, which again, is shit.
>>
>>49076701
>post facto justification is shit.
>j-just because it worked doesn't mean it was justified
Dude come on. That's literally how justification works. Just deflate your Cauldron hate boner, they might have been scum but they were right to do so.
>>
>>49076763
>That's literally how justification works.
no, no it is not.
If I have two options, one has a 1 in 20 chance of working, the other has a 19 in 20 chance of working.
If I do the 1 in twenty chance, then happen to roll that 20, I was not somehow justified in thinking the 1 in 20 chance was the better one.

That's post facto justification. Notice how it is clearly shit when you break it down.
>>
>>49076849
Now there's some implying implications you've pulled out of your arse. The part of the puzzle you're ignoring is they're fighting a guerilla war against a god like being that will at some point in the next twenty years or so kill every single human being in existence, across many dimensions.

If they're too loud, he'll find them and kill the only people who know what he is and what he's going to do.

If they don't find a magic silver bullet he's going to kill everyone.

Even if they find a magic bullet he could still just kill everyone.

There's no way out, the death of humanity /will/ begin. Are you going to let it continue to its end because you don't want to be a meanie, or are you going to grasp at every fucking straw you can in the hope that you can save at least some people?

>implying their plan was the 1 in 20
>implying there's only two options against a god who can predict the future and only isn't killing you all immediately because he wants to make a sport of it

Tell us anon, what is your pre-justification that you're gonna stop him with?
>>
>>49076701
>doesn't help their justification.
Yes it does. Not doing "The Optimal Thing When viewed With 20/20 Hindsight" doesn't mean you weren't doing something useful.
>Teachers plan
Was Teacher even a cauldron cape? Not being able to control Scion-made capes isn't exactly a moral failing of Cauldron. The fact that capes didn't fuck cauldron over for... nearly 30 years seems to indicate that they were pretty capable of preventing them from doing so.
>>
>>49076953
>If they're too loud, he'll find them and kill the only people who know what he is and what he's going to do.
except neither you nor they no that.

>If they don't find a magic silver bullet he's going to kill everyone.
except they don't find a silver bullet, they find a way to get people to work together, and they don't know finding a silver bullet was what was necessary.
Which it wasn't, given that they didn't find one.

>There's no way out, the death of humanity /will/ begin.
they actually didn't know that.
people think Dinah's prediction means that, because they don't understand how statistics work.

>>49076954
>Not doing "The Optimal Thing When viewed With 20/20 Hindsight" doesn't mean you weren't doing something useful.
no, getting lucky doesn't mean you weren't being stupid.
>>
File: 1637.jpg (33KB, 338x342px) Image search: [Google]
1637.jpg
33KB, 338x342px
>>49077008
fuck me forgot pic.

So is the Tinker specialization related to the Trigger event or personality?
I always got the impression that it seems random which type of alien technology a shard picks.
>>
>>49077048
it's related to the Trigger event, there's a time factor, and in general a problem that can't be solved.
>>
>>49077069
I meant the specific think that a Tinker is good at building at, not Tinkers overall.

Like did something happen to Armsmaster where he had to make something smaller and he tried for a long time but just couldn't so thats why he has that specific Tinker specialization? I'm only grossly oversimplifying for clarities sake.
>>
>>49077041
>except neither you nor they no that.
They did, it was why they were a secret conspiracy. Notice that when Scion found they had his gf's corpse in the basement he flipped out and started his rampage.
>except they don't find a silver bullet, they find a way to get people to work together
Which is a silver bullet in itself, though not one of theirs. And even then it was only Cauldron's knowledge that let Taylor take advantage of Scion's emotions and finally rip open his dimension and kill him.
>they actually didn't know that.
Technically no, but considering they know what he is and what he planned to do in the cycle it doesn't take a genius to figure out that maybe he's going to blow up the planet anyway; which he was.

Cauldron was right bro, without them everyone would have died. And don't spew that post justification bullshit, it's retarded. You don't even have to think they were good guys, but they were right and they did save the worlds.
>>
>>49077041
>no, getting lucky doesn't mean you weren't being stupid.
Except they weren't being stupid, so you're not making sense.
>>49077048
Good question! In theory it should be related to both, but we don't really see that many tinker triggers in cannon, so how, exactly, does one relate to the other? What exactly happened to Leet to give him the fucked-up nonsense that is his "Specialty" how about Kid Win? Or Armsmaster? Bakuda?

Actually, which tinkers do we actually get to see the Triggers of?
>>
>>49077127
it's typically related to the situation, yeah, that's why in the Trigger example here >>49069587
I said >>49070110
he's got a gun pressed to his body at the moment, and his primary problem is a chemical compound addiction
>>
>>49077151
I can actually explain why Kid is modular: his ADD
he can't focus on one thing for too long, so his shard was like "let's make this work" and made his specialty modular systems, so he can work on one module, get bored, move to another, and then they just work together to do what he needs..
>>
>>49077156
See, for >>49069587
I don't really like the gun-to-the-head-making-a-tinker, because, ultimately, you can't tinker your way out of a bullet entering your skull
But that set-up (without a gun to the head) I would make a Stim-specialist tinker - he can make injection drugs that give super powers!
Except they're highly addictive.
And they slowly, irreversibly kill the user a little more each time they take them.
>>
>>49077187
Kid Win had ADD? I thought he only had the numerical version of dyslexia.

>>49077213
With proper marketing this guy could become Teacher 2.0
>>
>>49077244
Yeah, since those negatives are basically negatives that Teacher had as well.
For a more heroic-less-villany approach - he can use the stims on himself without the slow slide into death (but *with* the addiction) for a more-villany approach, they don't work on him at all!

His stims should probably have a theme to them - Brute would be obvious, and boring. I like the idea of stranger-focused powers (since he spent 6 months trying to avoid detection, now that it's too late, he finally can!) Injection that makes you a chameleon, or suppresses your thermal signature, or shrouds you in a silence-aura etc, lots of little, mini stranger powers. If you want to go mega-stealth, you can inject a whole bunch! But enjoy coming down from that high...
>>
>>49075559

Scion was going to obliterate the entire human race, and you want to quibble over the morals of human experimentation?

Regardless of how you feel about Cauldron, the fact is that everything they did was toward a normal goal. Justified? We can debate that all day, but the morons who bash on them ignore that Cauldron never did anything out of cruelty or self-interest; it legitimately was all for the greater good.
>>
>>49075902
>Seriously though, how the fuck does it take two goddamn years to edit shit?

Holy fuck, do you have any idea how long it takes to edit 1.6 million words, even if you can do it full time?
>>
>>49077151
>Except they weren't being stupid, so you're not making sense
maybe they weren't, but you can't use the fact that it worked to prove that it wasn't stupid.
Because you can be stupid, still have it work, and that doesn't change the fact it was stupid.

>>49077148
> And even then it was only Cauldron's knowledge that let Taylor take advantage of Scion's emotions and finally rip open his dimension and kill him.
that is very true, and had nothing to do with Cauldron's decades of work and planning. They had that knowledge from the start, and only gave it to Taylor at the very end.

Correct me if I am wrong, but attacking him emotionally was never considered by Cauldron as part of their plan at all. That was all Taylor.
>>
>>49077526
to add to this, editing for stuff like pacing, clarity, etc is a long process that involves a lot of back and forth.
It's not unrealistic for the editing process to take as long as the initial writing process.
>>
>>49077566
>you can't use the fact that it worked to prove that it wasn't stupid.
I'm not though. It wasn't stupid at the time. It didn't seem stupid at the time. No information available to them made it seem stupid at the time. It wasn't stupid in hindsight. It was a calculated action that had a non-negligible chance to produce desirable results, not stupid.
>>
>>49077566

Cauldron's entire plan was always to vomit out enough powerful capes to potentially make a difference in the final battle, nothing more. They made many, many powerful capes. They were also responsible for the Endbringers, who while an undeniable plague on humanity, did help significantly in the battle against Scion.

We can argue whether their capes were a net benefit until the heat death of the universe, of course, but bear in mind two important facts:

Doormaker & Clairvoyant were both Cauldron capes, and so was Coil.
>>
>>49077287
I like it, especially the stealth-drug approach is pretty unique. I can see him becoming a entrepreneur whose core clientele are smaller heist teams like Faultlines crew who want to gain just a bit of an extra edge during critical missions.
>>
we're gonna need a new thread soon, anything else I should add to the OP?
>>
>>49077890

Remember to make it "Contessa Did Nothing Wrong" edition.
>>
>>49077890
Probably a short description of what Worm even is like
>Worm is a web novel about superheroes and villains in an realistic setting
(probably something better than that)

>Welcome to Worm, where everything gets worse all the time.
Should definitely stay though.
>>
>>49077654
maybe you didn't, but way too often the 'Cauldron did nothing wrong' people do use post facto justification.

Personally, I feel that cauldron wasn't entirely wrong, but that doesn't mean they did nothing wrong.
Producing more capes was useful, but purely producing more capes at the expense of other things wasn't necessarily the right thing.

>>49077722
>Cauldron's entire plan was always to vomit out enough powerful capes to potentially make a difference in the final battle, nothing more.
and it was useful, but not a complete plan.

The actual plan to work relied on a lot of things Cauldron didn't think about, because they forgot their humanity, because they forgot emotion other than causing more triggers.

What started the apocalypse early was Jack Slash knowing emotions, in his fucked up way, and applying it to Scion. Which Cauldron never tried.
Eidelon was defeated by his emotions (admittedly this was Scion using his version of PtV, not because he understood emotions).
What defeated Scion was Khepri knowing emotions.
IIRC turning the Endbringers around to help them wasn't a complex Cauldron plan tied to their cape producing things.
The Endbringers were created at the very start, by accident, and didn't involve Cauldron's 'make things shitty so more people trigger' plan.

tl:dr Cauldron making lots of capes wasn't a bad thing, but that doesn't mean they did nothing wrong. And their plan was enough anyways.
>>
>>49078235

Cauldron did plenty wrong. The initial topic was how some people seem to harbor this irrational hatred for Doctor "Literally Hitler" Mother and her organization, even though on balance they really were just trying to save the world, and provided a vital contribution to the final victory.
>>
New thread!
>>49078382
>>
>>49077041
>except they don't find a silver bullet
Remember Eidolon? The guy who, after regaining his full power, was able to fight Scion one-on-one and make him retreat? The guy who force Scion to pull out his ludicrously inefficient lifetime-shortening PtV variant in order to win?

That was their silver bullet. That was what they were searching for more of. If they'd had 20 more people with that sort of power, they might have won. And that's more than Khepri actually managed to achieve - Khepri thought she might have managed to win if she had 5 times more capes, which could only be achieved by Cauldron making more capes anyway.

In the end the best humanity managed against Scion was Eidolon, who was a Cauldron cape. Second best was Khepri, who admitted she was losing and could only win with vastly more firepower, which could only realistically have been provided by Cauldron. And they only managed to actually win by convincing Scion to commit sudoku, which is so unlikely that it seems unfair to criticise Cauldron for not coming up with that idea and depending on it alone.
>>
>>49078392
What is the post limit on /tg/ anyway?
>>
>>49078494
>>
>>49075559
THE GREATER GOOD

IT'S LITERALLY CAULDRON'S WHOLE FUCKING SCHTICK
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.