[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sss/ - Super Stand Sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 24

File: SSS.jpg (357KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
SSS.jpg
357KB, 1200x900px
SHA Hype Edition

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.
>>
File: FATE.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
FATE.pdf
1B, 486x500px
HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>Bizarre Adventures D10
>FATE (Hack in this post)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Bizarre Adventures D100
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things

Next post will feature the question of the thread.
>>
File: D10.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
D10.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Question of the Thread: What minor villain are you most proud of?

Now for some misc links:
>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>Bizarre Adventures D10
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
>Bizarre Adventures D100 (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
>List of custom systems for JoJo
https://www.reddit.com/r/TabletopCrusaders/comments/45htgp/documentation_catalogue_thread/
>>
File: `````````bf8.png (17KB, 288x238px) Image search: [Google]
`````````bf8.png
17KB, 288x238px
Bomp.
>>
I have a silly question; can you use Hamon energy to create laser beams made from sun energy?
>>
At this point I have a 9 page document full of Stands/ideas, so I'll post the first one I ever made.

>「Eminence Front」
Power [D] / Speed [D] / Range [E] / Durability [B] / Precision [C] / Potential [C]

>Appearance
This Stand manifests as an emaciated humanoid Stand wearing an elaborate golden Venetian mask with feminine features and designer sunglasses worn over the mask.「Eminence Front」is known to stare at its own reflection and when faced with physical confrontation it cowers and protects its face, betraying the vain personality of an otherwise silent and obedient Stand.

>Abilities
- 15 Minutes of Fame -
By scanning the minds of people around it「Eminence Front」disguises its User's appearance and voice as a person deemed “famous” or “important” by the public. For example, if this power was to be used in a bank then the user would be disguised as the bank manager.
>>
>>49041517
If you can shoot your blood vessels to shatter concrete, lasers don't seem too bizarre or illogical.
>>49042437
9 pages!?
>>
>>49042550
There are only two or so Stands per page, so 18 total.

Probably made it sound more in depth than it is.
>>
>>49042437
I had an idea for either an Act 2 or secondary power for this Stand.

>「Dressed to Kill」
As an ACT 2, Eminence Front would turn the wearer's clothing into light armor.
As an offensive ability, the Stand would allow the User to pull a thread from their clothing, enhancing it and making it effectively piano wire to be used as a garrote.
>>
What would a futuristic jojo be like?
>>
File: 1472189597507.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1472189597507.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49039768
been working on a 1d6 JoJo system using this as a base: http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tao-games.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F05%2FHQRPG.1.0.1.pdf

looking for critical feedback and review.
>>
>>49042674
What kind of futuristic setting are we talking about?
>>
>>49042674
Depends. Stands could become commonplace. Everyone has one, and you have technology based on using Stands and Hamon. Then we take things up to 11, and create a totalitarian Stand-punk society, with the current JoJo being a rebel worthy of a Shadowrun/WoD setting, and have him fight against the corporate machine of DIO industries.

Or we go Star Trek/Legend of the Galactic Heroes with Stands thrown in.
>>
>>49042789
I could see stands having more modern/techno music themed names.

then some time travel shenanigans from some random fuck with the stand 「Fly Like an Eagle」, to Time Slip into and out of the future.
>>
>「Communication Breakdown」
Power [E] / Speed [D] / Range [B] / Durability [C] / Precision [A] / Potential [E]

> Appearance
The Stand manifests as an techno-organic looking citizens band radio (CB radio) that has an crab-like legs that allow it to move around. Due to its size and animal-like qualities this Stand responds to its Stand User very much like a pet would respond to its owner.

> Abilities
- Talk Radio -
The signature ability of「C.B.」is to send out a radio frequency that causes those in its range to be able to speak in what is called “word salads” where people speak in a confused, unintelligable or random mix of words and phrases. People experiencing Talk Radio are unaware they are being affected but are aware that people who are speaking are being affected.
- Feedback -
This Stand only has a single defensive ability called “Feedback”,「C.B.」creates a audio feedback screech that is painful to those in a five meter radius but not lethal, allowing this feeble Stand to make its escape.
>>
>>49039829
Well recently my party defeated a stand named Kill Bill that could summon ghosts of people they killed and force them to relive deaths. Thing is they couldnt physically hurt the stand so they had to get creative.
>>
>>49042789
I don't know about Stands being commonplace but I do like the idea that knowledge about Stands is more widespread and there is technology to allow non Stand Users to combat them.
>>49042831
There would be so many Daft Punk references.
>>
>>49042696
Why? We already have d10
>>
>>49042696
I've been making my own system, but don't know jack about formatting or making PDFs. Any tips?

As for criticism, most of my issues are with things that don't exist, like Learning's rules or Hamon options.

The bonuses given seem too high and low for a single D6 system. Keep in mind that a +2 to a d6 raises the chance of a 6 from 17% to 50%, and only a 1 would fall below 4. Your delta of randomness is very sensitive, so even a +1 is far huger than it seems. The 1 in 6 chance of death on damage roll also seems to go too far.

Also, make a table for task difficulty. Good presentation is what makes more scaled tables bearable to read.
>>
File: 94c.jpg (64KB, 680x696px) Image search: [Google]
94c.jpg
64KB, 680x696px
>>49042854
Story time?
>>
>>49042884
A few reasons:

1. This system is even more freeform, making it even easier to make stands for.

2. It's a 1d6 system. All you ever roll is a 1d6, combat is insanely quick, and that all contributes toward it being a great option for a JoJo Quest system.

3. We can never have enough options to play using JoJo.
>>
>>49042948
But you were there Carl.
>>
>>49042971
How would your system treat Stands that have low combat stats or have no combat abilities whatsoever?
>>
>>49042927
Mostly I just use MS Word and save it as a PDF. For nicer/more aesthetic things I use http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

I'm going to do away with the bonuses, and have the difficulty be raised or lowered by the GM according to a rank. A stand with E-rank strength will automatically fail attempts to lift an average amount of weight, while an A-rank will automatically succeed at the task. In between you'll using the table of rolls I provided. Using Traits or abilities you Might be able to get a +1 bonus, but even then that will be at the GM'S discretion for if the circumstances allow it.

I'll make the table for skills right away.

As for the death on a 6, I'm adding a variant HP option, which will drag out combat for longer. Toughness will give the stand greater HP, and stands will do flat damage based on power.
>>
>>49042550
Can Ripple cause cancer?
>>
「Junkyard Dog」
Stand user: Leroy Brown
The user of 「Junkyard Dog」is a former Homeless man known for his outbursts of rage and uncontrollable violence, After recieving his stand from Shady Slim in an effort to thwart hero's he began to use his stand to gain power and influence in the gang world, Quickly becoming the suave leader or the gang. He is a smooth but still crude man due to his former homeless habits.

>Stats
Power: B
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: D
Potential: E

>Stand appearance
This stand looks similar to a scrap machinery robotic dog, It's primary body colour is a bright yellow, It's face has no features besides it's abnormally large mouth, The inside of its mouth is a empty space.

>Abilities
This stand acts like an attack dog for the user, but whatever the stand bites is instantly transported onto the users body where he subconsciously chooses. I.E the stand biting a piece of concrete and that piece now being attatched to the users chest to help deflect blows.

>Combat uses
This stand is a more effective defensive stand then offensive stand, Making the user more durable and giving him weapons he can use for himself, This stand can also bite a human and the flesh stolen from them can be used to heal the users wounds.

>Weaknesses
This stand has the durability of a normal dog making it weak against physical combat stands.
The user can only attach so much to his body before it will become a burden and/or begin to harm him.

The stands name and user come from the song "Bad Bad Leroy brown" and the lyrics of the song.

Opinions of this stand?
>>
>>49043022
Traits and abilities are defined by the Player, at the GM'S approval. If you go non-combatant, then it's a matter of using the Difficulty table to achieve whatever your goals are through Skill Rolls rather than combat rolls. If the GM says you can try and do it, you can roll for it. Because of this, it's rather easy to attempt JoJo level schemes using this system.
>>
>>49042974
I don't know any Carls. My name starts with a J.
>>
>>49043343
Sure carl.
>>
>>49042927
I'm also trying to figure out how Learning will work. I'm thinking I'll use the d10 system's method. If You have A-rank Learning, you can spend that rank to gain a new feature or ability, and you automatically roll a 6 in whatever task you were attempting. Alternatively, you can jump 2 ranks.(from A to C, C to E) and completely re-spec your Stand while maintaining the same theme of the stand, creating Act 2 of your stand.

As for Hamon, it'll likely take the form of an expensive trait for your character, and mechanically doing Damage to Vampires, and have minor Healing properties.
>>
File: c08.jpg (42KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
c08.jpg
42KB, 680x382px
>>49043427
Really, my name isn't Carl.

Also, I can't have been in your game because I don't have any TRPG friends to play with.

Or friends in general.
>>
>>49043259
>durability of a normal dog
Welp, RIP in piece
>>
>>49043558
Hm. Maybe you arent Carl.
>>
File: wrUwdUT.jpg (248KB, 662x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wrUwdUT.jpg
248KB, 662x1024px
>>49043640
I feel like you're being sarcastic.
>>
>>49043343
J-JOTARO?!
>>
>>49043640
He said his named started with a J. It isn't Carl, it's Jarl
>>
>>49043667
No im sure you arent Carl.
>>
>>49043777
Trips checked.

And what made you decide that I wasn't Carl?
>>
>>49043577
>>49043259
It's basic fact that in Jojo's universe Dogs ALWAYS get btfo and die horribly. The only one spared from a terrible death was Iggy, and he still died, just with more dignity.

On a more serious note this stand does seem a bit too weak to be an enemy stand. Ally/PC maybe but enemy stands should probably take more to kill then just punching their stand once. How about this: The power to attach material also extends to the stand itself. That way 「Junkyard Dog」 would have a way to protect itself and make it more durable by attaching concrete to himself. The flaw would be that since the stand has the strength of a normal dog if he puts on too much armor 「Junkyard Dog」would become too encumbered to effectively attack, and also would be encumbered much faster than the user since he's much physically weaker.
>>
>>49043963
I see your points, I just wanted to make a basic kind of attack dog stand, Not super powerful, Kind of an emperor deal where the user works with others to utilize the stand better
>>
>>49043887
Do you believe in the power of Kino.
>>
>>49044069
>>49043963
On a side note i actually like the idea of the stand attatchng things to itself too, Kind of a 50/50 deal where half goes to the stand half goes to the user.
>>
Stand name「Uppotown Funku」

Power B/Speed C/Range E/Durability B/Precision C/Potential A

Ability:
Rips a "hole" in space (appear as a spheres) . The holes connects two places in space time ie putting your hand through it will apear on the other end wherever it is. The two ends have to be relativley close. Although it appears to be 2 holes the tear is a single constant . The hole is affected by normal physics otherwise. If there is something "inside" the hole if it is dissapated ut returns to its original location.

Appearance
The stand manifests itself as humanpid figure in two halfs that act as one. When the stand forms together and closes the gap the space hole is created.

User
A middle aged bass player in a jazz band who had the stand for his entire life without noticing. It only awakened after he came home and noticed his house sacked and his daughter missing. He never did find her, but he gave up his old life and wanders the world searching for people who might need his help.
>>
>「Bad Moon Rising」
Power [B] / Speed [D] / Range [A] / Durability [A] / Precision [B] / Potential [D]
> Appearance
Is an almost naked humanoid Stand with bluish-black skin, silver stars on its knuckles and a wispy grey cloud that acts a scarf. The Stand's most notable physical feature is that its head is a replica of Earth's moon that turns from white to red when it activates it's ability.
> Ability
- Blood Moon -
This Stand can create an “aura filter” in the atmosphere that gives the Moon a “bloody” appearance that induces feelings of paranoia and anxiety in living creatures under its three kilometer field of influence. This ability is limited in that the Stand can only use this ability at night and the severity of its influence is based on the phase of the moon. At crescent the effect causes paranoia and unease, but if the ability is used during a full moon then mass riots and temporary psychotic breaks in the affected area are to be expected.
- Bark At The Moon -
Seemingly an unconscious ability; when「Bad Moon Rising」is active for an extended period of time, dogs and wolves to congregate around the Stand and howl at its moon. This ability was created due to this Stand's origins being that of a villain character and I needed a way for the protagonists to find him while it was hiding and using it's primary ability.
>>
「Ghosts N Stuff」

Power E/Speed E/Range E/Durability E/Precision A/Potential B

Appearence
Old pocketwatch that when opened activates tge stand ability

Ability
While opened the stand allows the user to float, phase through objects, and appear slightly transparent. The user only has 5 seconds to use the stand at a time, after which they materialize wherever they are. The watch must be wound inbetween uses.

User:
The stand changes owners to the first person who touches it everytime the user dies. The pocketwatch itself is an old family heirloom passed down for hundreds of years. Damaging it does not affect the user and visca versa (obviously), it is almost an independent stand.
>>
「Psycho Killer」
Power:E / Speed:E / Range:D / Durability:C / Precision:C / Potential:E

Bound to a filthy leather journal with yellowing pages that appear to be stained with blood and sweat. Though it is bound to a physical object「Psycho Killer」can occasionally be heard whispering malicious and unsettling things to its Stand User.

- From Hell -
The pages of the otherwise blank journal fill with notes written in blood by the spirits of serial killers, notes that describe their victims and modus operandi in great detail. The way that「Psycho Killer」chooses which serial killer's notes fill its pages is based on geography and which site of the murder is closest to the Stand. These notes can be read by non-Stand Users.
- Unknown Suspect -
While the book is in the Stand User's possession the User will not leave fingerprints or any form of DNA that could be used as evidence. It also may cause people to have trouble remembering the Stand User's face, this could be to avoid witnesses or because the User isn't a memorable person.

While ideal for a typical villain, I thought this Stand would be much more interesting in the hands of a detective or vigilante searching for a killer.
>>
「Silent Night」

Ability
During the night the stand can make any 15 ft radius around go completley silent around the user.

Appearence
The stand manifests itself as a pair of earbuds that activate the ability when music is played through them into the user's ears, until recently the user didn't even know he had the ability.

User
Disaffected high school student who usually uses his stand to and from school, most of the time napping.
>>
>>49042882
What if the whole reason DIO Industries came about was because [Fly Like an Eagle] used his powers to watch the Market Shifts. He starts an organization, then guarantees that it will succeed on a global scale, eventually out-competing the Speedwagon Foundation, and taking it over. Stands are still uncommon, but Hamon users are abound, and people have even figured out how to use Ripple to combat or immobilize Stands.
>>
>>49045117
That seems reasonable.
>>
>>49045170
By channeling Hamon through ones brain, and oculatory system, Ripple users gain the ability to "resonate" their vision in such a way that they're able to see stands. That might be reaching a bit, but I believe canon states that Stands are something of an extension of Ripple.

The current JoJo in this Era has a Stand of equal power and utility to Hermit Purple, but he's even more skilled at Hamon than even Joseph or Caesar Zeppeli was. Basically his stand is an extension of Hamon, rather than the other way around.
>>
>「Cult of Personality」
Power [C] / Speed [D] / Range [E] / Durability [C] / Precision [D] / Potential [B]

>Appearance
Looks like a marionette whose only feature is his huge mouth. Changes color depending on the users mood. Green for happy, red for mad, blue for sad, yellow for scared, etc.

>Abilities
Any one in the range of 「Cult of Personality」will begin to take on the current emotion of it's user, only intensified to the point that rational thought is impossible. If the user is happy his opponent would be in a laughing fit on the ground, if the user is sad the opponent will slump to the ground in depression, etc. The downside is if the opponent manages to get the user angry or afraid. If the former is achieved then the opponent would go into a blind fury and could rip the user apart while blowing multiple blood vessels, and if the latter is achieved they would become flooded with unhuman amounts of adrenaline and would easily be able to take the user if they manage to pick "fight" once they reach the "fight or flight" level of fear.
>>
>>49045264
Yeah, I think it was mentioned that Stands are somehow related to Hamon.

I've put some thought in to the idea of a Stand that works in collaboration with Hamon, enhances the Ripple's effect or allows the user to use Hamon like Tusk allows Johnny Joestar to use Spin.
>>
「Pretty Woman」
Power (D) / Speed (D) / Range (B) / Durability (C) / Precision (D) / Potential (E)

This Stand manifests as a poseable female mannequin with a hole in its chest where a glass, heart-shaped perfume bottle sits and has bright red lips on an otherwise featureless mannequin face. In its Stand form「Pretty Woman」doesn't appear any kind of personality, however in its “femme fatale” form it presents itself as a very seductive woman that likes to flirt with others.

- Femme Fatale -
「Pretty Woman」is an automated Stand that disguises itself to appear as a beautiful woman with dark hair and eyes, wearing a little black dress and red lipstick. This transformation makes the Stand visible even to non-Stand users and is used to track and seduce targets.
- Love Hurts -
The only offensive ability this Stand possesses is its toxic kiss which ultimately results in the victim suffering a heart attack; the location and “passion” of the Stand's toxic kiss affects the severity of the heart attack.
- Tainted Love -
Using the “perfume” bottle embedded in its chest「Pretty Woman」is able to secrete pheromones to attract men to it as well as keep its victims pacified.
>>
「Slow Burn」

>Stand Ability [Supernatural Charisma]
The ability to possess incredibly powerful charisma.
Users possess immense charisma that transcends mortal limitations, captivated by their almost irresistible personal gravity and an overriding desire to be part of their world and contribute to its fulfillment.

Power[B]/Speed[C]/Range[E]/Durability[C]/Precision[D]/Potential[A]

>Stand Appearance
Think of Avdol's Magicians Red from act 3 but with a dude with a wolf head instead of an anthropomorphic bird.
Part 1 of 2
>>
>>49045823

>Ablities
-Wake-
Allows the user to have control of his consienceness and cannot be knocked unconsious unless they allow it.
-Rising, Rising-
The stand allows the user to levitate, and for a short time, fly.
-Slaves-
The user may choose to control an area of 1km to do his bidding, for a short time.
>>
「White Zombie」
Power [E] / Speed [E] / Range [E] / Durability [B] / Precision [B] / Potential [C]

A humanoid Stand with white mummified flesh, robed in a moth-eaten shroud and a large black rosary around its neck. When it manifests it appears in the Lotus position, a seated meditative position. This Stand's physical appearance is a reference to Sokushinbutsu, the Buddhist practice of self-mummification.

- Living Dead Man -
「White Zombie」can place its Stand User in a form of suspended animation where they would appear clinically and “spiritually” dead. The only clue that the Stand's ability has been used is that the Stand User's body would mummify over time regardless of the condition of the body and its surroundings. The Stand User can remain in the death-like state for a maximum of three thousand days, as the death state persists it takes more time for「White Zombie」to revive its Stand User back to their physical condition at the time of their false death.
>>
Shitty namefag go.
>>
I still think the coolest thing we ever came up with was the werewolves.
>>
>>49047082
whatwolves?
>>
File: 1471612902044.png (380KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
1471612902044.png
380KB, 800x659px
>>49047255
I think he said werewolves.
>>
>>49047255
They could absorb pillarmen and other rocks/metals. Except silver. 'Cause you know.... Werewolves.
>>
>>49047354
I know what he said, I was asking: "what wolves?"
>>
>>49047368
Interesting
>>
File: 1471867642380.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471867642380.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>49047381
Those wolves.
>>
>>49047413
Which wolves?
>>
Stand Name: 「Thunder Child」

Stand Ability: [Vehicle Physiology]
Power - A

Speed - D

Range - A

Durability - A

Precision - D

Potential - C

The Stand is a battleship and as such has the ability to fire projectiles and be a battleship

The Stands appearance and size is that of a Battleship

Its a fucking battleship
>>
File: wolves.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wolves.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>49047427
These wolves.
>>
>>49047471
Is it a full sized ship like Strength or scaled down like Aerosmith.
>>
>>49047354
>>49047413
>>49047472
You will never be a good GM if you have 50+ enemies.
>>
>>49047471
stealing it to expand upon later.
>>
Stand Name: Danger Zone

Stand Ability: [Damage Reflection](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Reflection)

Power - C

Speed - D

Range - D

Durability - C

Precision - D

Potential - A

Description: The power to reflect damage. Sub-power of Damage Manipulation. Variation of Reflective Immutability. The user can reflect any damage caused to themselves of others, including physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, magical, power-induced, etc. back to it's source. While usually a defensive method, it can be utilized as offensive with efficient calculation.
>>
>>49047492
Full Battleship Size
>>
File: 1472372883279.jpg (20KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1472372883279.jpg
20KB, 192x187px
>>49047507
Please go and stay go.
>>
>>49047396
It was. I liked the idea but I don't think they ever were developed past that.... And the Blue Man Group.
>>
>>49047577
Shouldn't you go back to your safe space?
>>
File: 1471616429452.png (70KB, 220x306px) Image search: [Google]
1471616429452.png
70KB, 220x306px
>>49047631
I thought you had a certain something to work on.
>>
>>49047601
Well now that you teased it you got to explain the Blue Man Group.
>>
File: Smug_69c197_5762907.jpg (77KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_69c197_5762907.jpg
77KB, 777x656px
>>49047671
Unlike you some people can actually get things done.
>>
「Holy Diver」
Power [B] Speed [A] Range[C]
Durability [C] Precision [B] Potential [D]

A slender humanoid Stand with physiology similar to a jellyfish. It manifests as an angel-like entity with a bioluminescent halo protruding from its head in the manner of the lure on a deep-sea angler fish. Outside of the effective area of「The Midnight Sea」or when the effect is not active, this Stand is almost invisible due to its translucent body.「Holy Diver」does not appear to have a personality, while in an idle state it mimics the posture of being in prayer to appear angelic.

- The Midnight Sea -
「Holy Diver」can create a sphere of influence called「The Midnight Sea」that causes both living creatures and Stands to experience the pitch-blackness, atmospheric pressure and restriction of movement one would experience while underwater at night. Within its sphere of influence「Holy Diver」the can prove to be very deadly, however outside of「The Midnight Sea」it is a very susceptible to physical damage.
- Paralyzing Sting -
The jellyfish-like tentacles that compose the Stand's lower body are capable of stinging both Stands and living creatures. Once stung the victim experiences pain and temporary paralysis similar to intense muscle cramps, this effect is less intense on stronger Stands.
>>
>>49047677
Blue Man group were werewolf hunters.
They get their name from the fact that they've fused silver to their skin in order to make themselves inedible/dangerous to their foes. Prolonged contact with silver turns the skin blue.
>>
File: FistfulOfNuggets.png (100KB, 1007x650px) Image search: [Google]
FistfulOfNuggets.png
100KB, 1007x650px
>>49047712
Show me how inferior I am.
>>
>>49047763
That is actually quite clever.
>>
>>49047765
Nice macros anyone can do, how goes the module? :^]
>>
>>49042696
no real ability for actual stand abilityies, like stop time, scrying, and other shit that makes it more than a punch ghost.
>>
File: FON2.png (94KB, 1007x650px) Image search: [Google]
FON2.png
94KB, 1007x650px
>>49047780
Pretty good, time is a small price to pay for quality.

Also, nice way to dodge the query.
>>
>>49047772
I thought so too but we never did anything with them. I think because people ended up loosing interest in these threads.
>>
>>49047844
Yeah well when folks start arguing with anime faces it kind of dilutes the thread.
>>
>>49047839
I don't work on the other module, but maybe some of my work is in the first 3 post.
>>49047868
I just want the useless namefag to stop namefagging.
>>
>>49047844
Well, SSS is up right now. Late's always better than never.
>>
>>49047785
Abilities are player defined, GM approved. Later I'll be going back in and creating a shitload of abilities that serve as examples. Basically you get around three traits or abilities for the Stand that actually define their core abilities besides being a punch ghost, and they'll classify as either skill rolls, or contested abilities.
>>
File: CI_60026_1332780694.jpg (24KB, 300x739px) Image search: [Google]
CI_60026_1332780694.jpg
24KB, 300x739px
How do you handle character deaths in a bizarre adventure?
>>
>>49047929
Ghosts are always a good start. Have a post-mortem session a la Dead Man's Questions, one on one.
>>
>>49047876
I always stick with my name because I'm not afraid of owning up to my words.
>>
>>49048005
>username on an imageboard
>>
>>49047868
>>49047885
Well we could always try now I guess.
One of the ideas I had for the Blue Man Group was codenames and old JJBA stands being named after gods.
Maybe in this case the Blue Man Group have codenames based off of gods. And in most cases the God-name fits in with where the Silver is placed.

Shiva has a silver ring round their neck, and the God had a blue throat.
Nuada had both of their arms covered in silver, the God lost one of his hands.
Odin has a silver eye and so on... Too obvious a theme?
>>
>>49048015
Riveting argument.
>>49048053
I don't know jack shit when it comes to mythology, anything short of a thunderbolting Stand named Zeus would still be subtle. Stick with it.
>>
>>49048082
Way to copy my name
>>
>>49048110
Keep stooping lower. Maybe you'll find some oil.
>>
>>49048110
>>49048082
Stop copying me guys.
>>
>>49048053
Is this a Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency situation with supernatural enemies versus humans using special techniques? Or will there be Stands involved?
>>
>>49048135
Stop copying me
>>49048134
I'm the real red ranger.
>>
Alright, guess I have to do this now
>>
I think this may be the work of an enemy stand!
>>
So urban jojo anon is shady slim actually under the effects of the true enemies stand and will he be an important ally when they go to fight him
>>
File: 694.png (909KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
694.png
909KB, 553x936px
>>49048195
No, it's Jordan Johns having a bit of a meltdown and talking to himself. Just ignore him, he'll get bored eventually.
>>
>>49048140
Honestly it could be both.
I personally think it would be fine to include both special techniques and stands for the Blue Man Group. Anything that can help give them an edge over their werewolf opponents. (that and I'm not sure what powers one could give silver, the only reason they use it is because the werewolves can't eat it)

Werewolves I figure would just use straight up horrifying transformations and weird animal tactics. Some wolves might have developed better shapeshifting powers than others.
>>
>>49048224
Oh ok,wait your also a namefag you must be lying!
>>
File: 1450661726669.png (209KB, 584x604px) Image search: [Google]
1450661726669.png
209KB, 584x604px
>>49048262
Why would I do that?
>>
File: FoN3.png (97KB, 1007x650px) Image search: [Google]
FoN3.png
97KB, 1007x650px
>>49048262
Naw bro, it's me.
>>49048242
Does Spin work into this equation?
>>
>>49048223
Shady Slim is kind of the true villain along side Scoundrel flattz, But it is Scoundrels doing that he became corrupt, Also they do not work together in fights unless absolutally necessary.
>>
>>49048311
Your the stand user! You have the ability to Augment reality,I have to tell everyone!
>>
>>49048242
Fair enough, though the first chapter or a title somewhere should be 「Werewolves Of London」
>>
>>49048346
I imagine shady slim is doing this cause scoundrel is threatening his daughter until he becomes truly corrupt and must be put down
>>
>>49048313
No Spin.
>>
>>49048346
I do love the idea of a more hip hop oriented version of Jojo I am kind of surprised there isn't a villain named Suge Knight.
>>
>>49048402
I do like that idea of an underlying motivation you wouldn't know about till like the final fight
>>49048414
Suge Knight would be a good name for a villain.
>>
>>49048442
And when he's finally dead he leaves her to the care of the main protagonist and tells him to kill scoundrel to save the city
>>
>>49048496
You might have just written a plot point...

Also back to the Hip hop thing, The whole story is focused on hip hop but there are also stands that are more modern rock, metal and EDM Focused, Just More modern stuff instead of alot of it being classic rock
>>
Before the hip-hop Jojo was proposed on the previous /sss/ thread I had a similar idea.

Basically I had just finished reading Jojolion and wanted to do SBR universe version of Part 3 taking place in 1990's New York with entirely hip-hop themed Stands and characters but still keeping a simple connection to the Tarot Stands.

For example: Star Platinum became Black Star (the Mos Def and Talib Kweli duo).
>>
>>49048596
Oh yeah, I also had the title as "Part 9: Renegades of Funk"
>>
>>49048786
Renegades of funk
No disco stand
You disappoint me
>>
>>49048854
Disco Inferno would be a good Stand.

Have the role of Old Joseph based on to a character called George Clinton.
>>
Stand Name: 「Vordhosbn」

Stand Ability: [Spatial Tuning](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Spatial_Tuning)

Power - D

Speed - B

Range - D

Durability - B

Precision - A

Potential - A

Appearance: Appears as a humanoid shape with no features, its skin made of CRT monitors. Constantly makes random noise while it is present, but manages to make a rough song-like beat out of it.

Ability: Within D level stand range can create a negative field in which it can warp reality
>>
I had an idea for a game set in an SWF "school" for people with stands, like a place to keep an eye on them, as a way to justify multiple players having stands all at once, but the game fell apart and now I'm left without recourse.

Is writefagging verboten? I really was amped to explore the concept and I want an excuse to use「Chalk Dust Torture」
>>
>>49048961
I've seen plenty of writefag stuff here before, doesn't seem to be verboten.
>>
>>49048961
Just don't spam the thread with walls of text and it should be fine.
>>
>>49049025
>>49049040
I've done some writing for other boards and prefer pastebin anyway as it can get pretty long, sounds good
>>
File: F.png (97KB, 1007x650px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
97KB, 1007x650px
>>49049040
This again?
>>
>>49048596
Black Star sounds like it should be pretty powerful.
>>
>>49049129
Possibly, I couldn't think of an appropriate ability.

The best I came up with is that their album has a song called Respiration and perhaps it allowed the Stand User to use Hamon in unique and powerful ways.
>>
>>49039768
WIP Stand

Stand name: 「Queensryche」

Appearance: The stand manifests as a mist rising from the ground, appearing as though a constant light fog surrounds the user. The stand can be attuned to specific person, the fog condensing and taking shape into a shape resembling a ghostly copy of whoever it's attuned to.

Abilities: 「Queensryche」 has trouble doing combat. he's tough to beat up similar to 「Justice」, being mist, but doesn't have the puppeteering abilities. Instead, he's more for information agthering, being able to seep into places the user can't and gather information.

Power(s)
-------------
「Eyes of a Stranger」: When 「Queensryche」 is attuned to a person, whenever the attuned person lies to 「Queensryche」's user, 「Queensryche」 emits a noise similar to a foghorn, only audible to the user and the attuned person. Each consecutive lie makes the foghorn louder and louder, puncturing eardrums after about 4-5 lies(the stand's user is immune to the damaging effects of 「Eyes of a Stranger」. Only flat-out lies trigger 「Eyes of a Stranger」. Half-truths or simply refusing to answer the question doesn't elicit any sort of response from 「Queensryche」.
>>
>>49039768
Stand Name: Enjoy Yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hI0qMtdfng

Stand Ability: [Contract Nullification](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Contract_Nullification)

Power - A

Speed - B

Range - A

Durability - A

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: The ability to nullify contracts, oaths, pacts and promises. The user can nullify contracts, oaths and promises that have been made, allowing them to be free from the terms made in them and not be punished for breaking those terms whatsoever. Essentially, the user can break the rules of the contract whenever or however they want.

Appearance: A faceless humanoid made of silver and cobalt rhinestones.
>>
So I'm making a maid hack.

If anyone wants to help, list some character traits I can use to replace the maid ones on the character gen tables.
>>
>>49050653
What material have you got so far?
>>
Okay how the fuck did this get posted and then get up to 100+ posts when I've been on every day Ctrl+F-ing "SSS" all goddamn week?

Ya'll are crazy.

You deserve a new draft.
>>
Has anyone here based stands on something other than gods or loteria cards or something?
>>
>>49052123
I've been toying with the ideas of movie-based Stands like in Jorge Joestar, although I also like the idea of literature stands.
>>
>>49052138
>>49052123
Film based Stands would be interesting.
>>
>>49052123
>A JJBA plot set in the 1500's
>Stands become a thing
>Everyone thinks that stand users are warlocks/witches, continent wide witchhunt ensues
>All stands are named after goetic demons since everybody thinks they are harnessing the power of the underworld of some shit
>tfw the main villain's stand is Satan himself

Hows that?
>>
>>49051065
The majority of the table, but open to suggestions. Stand mechanics. An injury rolling table to replace the stress mechanics(works like an FFG game). Some other various mechanics. Pretty much done just doing fluff work.
>>
>>49047471
>Thunder Child
Nice, anon.
>>
>>49048147
>I'm the real red ranger.
Then who the fuck am I?
>>
>>49052068
I've already got one planned to happen 'sometime' see probably at the end of the year that has plans involving stands named after songs, but after that I'd like to do a part where things are named after video games.

I imagine I could do something pretty neat with stuff like Mirror's Edge, Darkstone, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Risk of Rain, Devil Daggers, Out There. Really you just gotta scroll through your steam list or flip through your cases until something hits you.

I was thinking I could base Mirror's Edge ability off a speedrunning glitch, where the Stand will move in accordance to its position without regard for what physical things around. E.g., if you stood in mid-air, you would just be standing. That or something like running on any surface, inc. vertical ones or upside down.

For Risk of Rain even just the 'gets more dangerous as time goes on' mechanic could be cool.
>>
>>49045264
>>49045117
>>49045392

I'd love to really dig into this idea.

Let's say the year is 2025. It's an alternate-alternate timeline where the events of Stone Ocean either didn't happen or played out differently, so the original timeline wasn't terminated.

The existence of Stands is now widely known throughout the world, primarily due to the existence and popularity of a drug called Ash, which in addition to its stimulating effects allows its users to see Stands and can even cause Stands to emerge from certain people. As a result, Stands have become a pre-eminent tool and weapon for both small time crooks and powerful criminal gangs. The spread of these powers has had a detrimental effect on the fabric of reality itself, causing the intrusion of other supernatural forces into the world. Law and order has crumbled world-wide. It's the end times.

The sole authority remaining is the monolithic DIO Corporation, which has overtaking most world governments in the scope of its power. Beyond that, security and justice can only be ensured by one's own abilities and ruthless strength.

Stand Hunters are the last remnant of the Speedwagon Foundation, which was dismantled by the DIO Corporation years ago. Combining natural Stand use with the lost art of Ripple, they try to stem the tide of Stand-powered crime and oppose DIO's corrupt tyranny where they can.

The JoJo of this era is Jovan Freestone-- a canny, half-black, half-who-knows teenage crook eeking out a life for himself in the sprawling criminal warzone that is Detroit, who comes to find out that he's the grandson of Jotaro Kujo and awakens his Stand, 「Fight the Power」, which creates and controls wires allowing him to manipulate electronics.
>>
>>49058332
I dont really like this whole everyone knows about stands thing or this long lost family member of X bullshit.
>>
>>49058400
That's fair; I'm open to workshopping. I just wanted to throw the idea out there because I'm totally into it.

It's hard to get away from the "Main character is related to a previous MC" element in the original time-line though.
>>
>>49058400
How about this:

Using Ash creates a temporary bridge across the blood-brain barrier of its user, which leads to an incredibly potent, stimulating high. As a side effect, it grants extrasensory perception to most users, due to the aforementioned blood-brain bridge creating a link between the user's physical senses and parts of the brain that have been dormant since the era of the Pillar Men. In rare cases, a psycho-somatic feedback loop is created, which makes the extrasensory perception permanent and causes the emergence of Stands. It's unknown if this is due to the mixture of the drug itself, the person taking it, or both.

Stands are still not widely known to the world at large but certain underground forces seem to be pushing to that end; the spread of Ash may be a gambit to alter the state of human consciousness, even of human civilization itself, to one where the supernatural plays a heavy part. The Stand Hunters believe that the DIO Corporation is a part of this conspiracy, though they do not know what their reason could be.
>>
>>49058915
This sounds more plausible. Im still not to hot on the setting as a whole.
>>
>>49058915
That reminds me, vampires were caused by acupuncture of the brain. What if a certain brand of black market Ash were able to turn people into the undead?
>>
>>49058962
That's actually where the idea comes from-- the idea that physiological effects can influence one's psychic well-being, and vice versa. The obvious way to go here would be that hardcore Ash use turns people undead, or at least into some kind of monsters.

Overall the setting's still a little generic though; it's not really playing around with the cyberpunk aspect (though I guess this is...pharmapunk?) as well as it could.

Also the protag I came up with is pretty bare-bones.
>>
>>49049160
perhaps a stand user who also fought using Hamon in tandem with his stand?
>>
>>49061255
Thats totally possible as Joseph used hermit purple in tandem with his hamon on several occasions
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.