[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Standard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Topplegeist.jpg (558KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
Topplegeist.jpg
558KB, 900x678px
I can't wait for CoCo to rotate edition

Post your
>Shitbrews
>Sick techs against meta decks
>Sick pulls
>Tournament reports
>Hopes for Kaladesh
>Cards you're thankful for rotating away
>Cards that better get similar power-level replacements
>Deckbuilding advice

Went to FNM with this bad boy http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-08-16-ur-visions/, ended up 3-0-1 (split the final). Beat mono-brown Eldrazi, 4-color Crush and BW control, split with Bant Company.

The maindeck Stormchasers were supposed to be 3 Titis and a Reveler but the guy I was borrowing them from didn't arrive so they went in and boy did they do all the heavy lifting for this fucking deck and I'm considering actually not replacing them with Things. Sideboard isn't fully fledged out yet, but Smash to Smithereens is a real card (Hedron Crawlers and Hedron Archives, get fucked). Curious Homunculus is a bit too vulnerable to Lili to be comfortably maindeckable, but is a very strong replacement for Fiery Impulse against decks that don't run many targets for that spell.
>>
I brewed an R/U "prowess deck" with 2 of bedlam reveler and stormchaser mages being the highlights, can do 20 damage on like turn 4 or 5 with god draw which is beautiful

I call it Prowass, I wish Liliana was seeing less play because watching her drop with my homunculus buddy on the board feels like so bad.
>>
>>49017541
I would run Homunculus mainboard only if I was sure the meta at the event does not contain Lili. It's a strong card but getting 2-for-1 hurts a lot, especially with a dedicated burn deck that lives on 1-for-1 trading.
>>
Oddly specific question, but what is the best deck in standard right now that:
>plays emrakul
>doesn't play red

Is the colorless list worth trying?
>>
>>49017966
Colorless list gets shat on by fast decks. I'm not a fan of it since a lot of what it tries to do could be done better with actual colors, but that's just my opinion.

BG Delirium and BW Control both seem up your alley
>>
>>49017339
Why only one of reveler? And only one of Sanitarium?
>>
>>49018072
Honestly, there should have been two revelers if everything went according to plan, but now I'm not sure I want a second reveler. The deck draws and wheels so often that hitting both revelers is a possibility, and then one is just a dead card (because casting it causes you to discard the other one).

Sanitarium is a one-of because the deck is pretty color intensive (lots of RR and UR cards), but the loot effect is really useful as a one-of.
>>
I have had some success with this deck and would like to share it. Not looking for feedback currently. Yes I know fiery temper isn't in it.

4x Distemper of the Blood
4x Falkenrath Gorger
2x Furyblade Vampire
2x Incorrigible Youths
4x Insolent Neonate
4x Lightning Axe
4x Lupine Prototype (EMN)
2x Magmatic Chasm
19x Mountain
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker
2x Reckless Bushwhacker (OGW)
3x Stensia Masquerade
3x Stromkirk Occultist
2x Titan's Strength
1x Zurgo Bellstriker
>>
File: Gatewatch.jpg (412KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Gatewatch.jpg
412KB, 1000x563px
I need advice, /tg/

I have a chance to get a Oath of the Gatewatch fat pack for 25 bucks, but I'm not too certain on the strength of that set to drop that kind of money (I don't make a lot so I really monitor my spending lately).

Get it? Don't get it? I really am torn on this.
>>
>>49019897
Do it, it's only $25 dude.
>>
>>49019897
You should just get it, you probably wont make your money back but there valuable cards in the set and a bunch seeing standard play
>>
Was browsing a random thread in a standard discussion forum the other day and saw a delicious quote that said, "Cancel is too strong for standard."

Is that true? Is the format really that shitty?
>>
>>49020509

There's at least two strictly better cancels in standard and a cancel that you can madness if you don't have double blue.
>>
>>49020538

So the guy's just fucking retarded then? Gotcha.
>>
File: Image-13.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-13.png
123KB, 223x311px
Anyone else like standard so far? I mean, sure there's not TOO much variety, and bant coco is cancerous, but with temur emerge, u/b zombies, grixis, jund, and the others I forgot, it seems better than just racing for meme rhino or making dumb 4 color decks
>>
File: when u nut be she still suckin.jpg (80KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
when u nut be she still suckin.jpg
80KB, 819x1024px
>>49024123
Emerge is a lot more fun than I thought it was gonna be. Aristocrats is still fun, especially with emerge.
>>
Is pucatrade dead? I used to grab cards for standard all the time a year ago through there and I started up again 2 months ago and I can't get anything sent to me at all. I even tried wanting things that are commonly traded in an effort to get the most out of my points to no avail.
>>
>>49019897
Worth it for the 84 Full Art lands alone. Buy it.
>>
>>49024501
The problem with PucaTrade is that you can only tip people if you splurge for a premium account, and people are refusing to send cards to users who can't / won't tip because the PucaPoints have been steadily undergoing inflation with apparently no intent to fix it
>>
Avaricious Dragon confirmed grest sideboard tech for the U/R burn mirror.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.