[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobilis thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nob.jpg (33KB, 350x351px) Image search: [Google]
nob.jpg
33KB, 350x351px
Ok, this game is just amazing.
The core concept is amazing. The big white book is amazing. The system is amazing. I love everything about it.
I only have a problem. I cannot figure out how an andventure could work.
And for this I seek your help, fa/tg/uys. Could you give me some advice and/or tell me something about your experience with Nobilis?
As I said, I love it and I want to play it REALLY bad.
[even some adventure ideas would be nice]
>>
>>49008695
I have no idea either. I ran into the same problem. Well, that, and no one to play with.
>>
>>49008974
Yeah, that's a problem too.
My players just wanna stick with D&D, Cyberpunk, WoD...
How can they not see the beauty in the GWB?
>>
Nobilis has a well earned reputation as the Best Game you'll Never Play.

It's beautiful, artistic, elegant, a masterpiece of design and imagination... And an absolute bitch to actually use.
>>
>>49009111
Anyone posting here is probably autistic enough to brute force it.
>>
Okay, first thing: 2e is beautiful but unplayable. 3e looks like an absolute travesty of deviantArt proportions, but it is approximately 400% more playable. Promise it's worth it. I believe there's a copy in the /tg/ filebin that has the anime stripped out.

("How do I even play in this world" is actually one of those issues that is slated to be a major focus of any hypothetical 4e, should that become a thing.)

Try browsing the rpg.net threads, which are extremely useful (as well as probably the only place on the Internet where you can ask if any Nobilis campaigns are recruiting and expect to get responses), or the exactly two people who post consistently in the #nobilis tag on Tumblr. (Surprisingly, despite Tumblr being infested with SJW, that particular tag is actually rather free of it. It is worth at least a skim.)

Nobilis also has a wiki at http://nobilis.me/, which is rather sparse but has useful elaboration on things like how 3e's mortal action system actually works.
>>
>>49009329
You are worryingly well versed in this subject, anon.

I'll give those a look-over. Try and stomach rpg.net.
>>
>>49008695
get off herm dick
>>
Look at the domains of your players, pick something they all sorta care about, have the baddies want to wipe that thing out. I found most of the roleplaying parts of it came from interacting with your mortal anchors. Definitely not something I'd play as a main game, but a filler game when you don't have your full group.
>>
>>49009358
http://excerptsfromthebattleforcreation.tumblr.com/related

This links to everything. I know it's on tumblr, but frankly, with this game you may just have to stand it.
>>
>>49009080
The worst thing, for me, is that it's the one game I don't want to GM.

Every other game I *want* to be the foreverDM. But not this one. I just want to be a god god-damn it.
>>49009616
Thanks again, anon. Luckily I'm not allergic to tumblr. It's the mods on rpg.net that I dislike.
>>
>>49009329
Nobody should have to choose between Latin and anime.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.