[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

coc rpg rule question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 擷取2.png (821KB, 501x713px) Image search: [Google]
擷取2.png
821KB, 501x713px
I have a question for coc rpg game.

The scenario is like that, players and one NPC aretransported to a room and. The NPC will guide them to solve the problem. The NPC is 100% human.

one player who is a doctor want to use medical skill to check if the NPC is a human

What should I , as the GM, tells, if the player fail it? It would be strange to say u cannot confirm if this is a human.
>>
File: My Neighbor Cthulhu.png (232KB, 1197x1192px) Image search: [Google]
My Neighbor Cthulhu.png
232KB, 1197x1192px
>>49005870
Careful.

For starters do the players have any reason to suspect the NPC wouldn't be human? If so, play into their suspicions. Provide coincidental clues that don't prove but indicate they might not be.

As a skill check? What are we talking about here, a cursory glance using the medical skill (w/e) or a medical exam? Because those are entirely different things.

And then how would a non human NPC reveal themselves? No breathing? No pulse? Glowing red gems instead of nipples?

Define the playing field and then give the players the ball. Your problem isn't a skill check, your problem is framing.

Once the roll has been defined, then define degrees of success according to the plot and the situation. If it is crucial for the story that the investigators find out then the degrees of success range from suspicion to certainty. If in turn the story needs them NOT to find out then the degrees of success range from a false negative to suspicious ambivalence, but no certainty.
>>
>>49006085
>pic
Can someone decipher and translate those kanji?
>>
>>49006085
>>For starters do the players have any reason to suspect the NPC wouldn't be human?

The NPC is forced by the cult to lurk the players to a trap, so the NPC seems to know too many things and strange. And players have knowledge of Cuthulhu myth, so it is reasonable the suspect a human is non human.

One player try to do body check to confirm is he a human. Like checking for breath , pulse , bone structure.

==
The doctor failed the test, so I assume that this NPC has some weird disease so his pulse is very strange , so the doctor can "barely" confirm he is a human.
>>
>>49005870
"You don't find anything which would make you think this isn't a human."
>>
>>49006264
That sounds good.
If the roll is success , then I will say, you are very sure the NPC is a human
>>
>>49006085
>> a cursory glance using the medical skill (w/e) or a medical exam? Because those are entirely different things.

The NPC is corporate and agree for normal body check , like breathing , pulse , let the doctor touching hum to confirm his skeleton structure , etc
>>
>>49006191
The moonrunes say "My neighbour cthulhu(f)". A literal parody of the source (and just like the filename).
>>
>>49005870
"There seems to be nothing unusual", just say that. It's enough to make them suspicious without being wrong
>>
>>49006191
It basically says "Tonari no Cthulhu", literally "My Neighbor Cthulhu"
>>
>>49006499
But what should I say if the doctor success in the roll?
>>
>>49006455
it means i love tentacles
>>
>>49006248
>The doctor failed the test, so I assume that this NPC has some weird disease so his pulse is very strange , so the doctor can "barely" confirm he is a human.
That sounds good

>players have knowledge of Cuthulhu myth
That doesn't.

>>49006455
>>49006522
Thanks!

>>49006549
Whatever you want.

>You are perfectly sure he is a normal human being. It would have to be magic if he wasn't.

>You feel a pulse, see a pupil reaction to light, palpate the skeleton, confirm normal body temperature, see him breathe, cough, salivate, burp, and eventually defecate, and conclude there's no reason he wouldn't be human.

>His skin feels clammy. His breathing is shallow. His pulse seems fast and his blood pressure low. You haven't seen him eat or drink anything, ever.
>>
>>49006549
"Yup. It's a human alright"
>>
>>49006776
>Fumble
"Okay, it was a human, but now it's a human without its head."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.