[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk Injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: eye-truecrimecomics2.jpg (86KB, 334x454px) Image search: [Google]
eye-truecrimecomics2.jpg
86KB, 334x454px
So /tg/ im in need of your wisdom. What could be an nice way to implement an injury system to a d20ish game that dosnt have one?
>>
>>49003288
Use your imagination, if a PC hacks a guy for a bunch of damage you can say the guy is wounded in some way, maybe his arm is broken, or maybe the blade bit deep into his side and now he's bleeding bad. That's the best way to deal with it instead of putting a bunch of rules in that may or may not be fucked.
>>
>>49003288
Are we talking D20 or something like D20, you may need to be more specific.

And honestly, this sort of thing should be decided on a case by case basis. Usually no more than a few minuses to skills or stats. Though if you're running ng in a D20 style game, healing is so commonplace!ace that these off the cuff minuses dont tend to endure.
>>
The System is Dungeonslayers, it uses only d20 roles. Your roles have to be lower as your check to pass it.
>>49003333
nice quads
>>
>>49003441
So rather than roll over X its roll under?
OK, so, injuries put you at between +2 and +6 to certain rolls, where plus is...negative...
That is so unintuitive.
>>
File: BigBoss.png (100KB, 270x232px) Image search: [Google]
BigBoss.png
100KB, 270x232px
>>49003288
Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
>>
>>49003288
When I was a kid in the early 1990s, I wrote an essay about the Comics Code Authority.

Just had a flashback to that with OP's picture (it was one of the reference pictures).
>>
>>49003288
Look up games that already have injury systems, draw inspiration from those.
>>
>>49003959
Roll under systems typically hve modifiers apply to the target number, not the number rolled, in order to keep +/- intuitive.
>>
iirc 5e DM's guide has a scar system.

Essentially whenever someone drops to 0 they get a nasty scar.

Alternatively you can say that every crit does something nasty to the body of the person you are hitting.
>>
>>49003288
Create or borrow a table of temporary and permanent injuries

Whenever anyone is reduced to 0 HP or less and incapacitated, roll on the table to see if anything bad happened to them. You can even add any damage they took over their maximum HP to the roll and have higher numbers mean a worse result.
>>
>>49003288
Give this a look.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.