[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Universe, Could the Tryanids beat the Necrons!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
I'm not a 40K expert, but I know alot about the nids and a little about the Necrons. Since the Necrons don't have any bio-matter and are just souls possessing machines... how would a the tyranndis fight them. Have they ever crossed paths in the lore?

Bonus Question: What about game matches? (Separate from in universe)
>>
>>49003281
Let's get the simple out of the way:
>Game matches
Necrons would most likely win.

>In lore
I'm not too well versed in Necron lore, but from what I understand they haven't all woken up yet. And apparently when they all do wake up, they're supposed to have an army that could beat pretty much anything.
>>
>>49003281
Is that necron supposed to look like it's flipping the tyranid off, or is that a happy little accident?
>>
>>49003281
>Have they ever crossed paths in the lore?
Lore has a Hive Fleet splinter pulling a 180 away from a Dyson Sphere containing the C'tan known as the Outsider. This was Oldcron lore. though.

I think more Oldcrons vs Tyranids had the Tyranids attacking a Tau outpost of some sort, before the Necrons activated and killed all the Tyranids. The Tau threw them a party or something and the Necrons killed them all too.

A Newcrons vs Tyranids battle is in Shield of Baal. That one was a phyrric victory for the Necrons and their Blood Angel allies, because they managed to at least slow the Tyranids down but they lost the system in the process.

As a general rule, the Hive Mind will not attack enemies it can't absorb for biomass (Necrons, Daemons) unless those enemies become active threats to the process of turning the planet into biomass.
>>
>>49004967
>A Newcrons vs Tyranids battle is in Shield of Baal. That one was a phyrric victory for the Necrons and their Blood Angel allies, because they managed to at least slow the Tyranids down but they lost the system in the process.

Have you even read the book? It was a phyrric for the Imperials. To the Necrons it was a major victory. They suffered light losses, protected their tomb world, and regained their super weapon.

How the fuck did you miss the part where the Necron were cackling over the massive losses that the Imperials and Tyranids suffered?
>>
Tyranids smash the necrons to pieces until they reach the tomb worlds, break into the tombs and wreak shit as they devour the world above it.

Tyranids terrorforming a planet can cause sever damage to the planet in the final stages, necrons would be hard pressed to not want to prevent that.

On a galactic stage comes down to scale.

Necrons have ruled ONE galaxy and even then they were contested by the Eldar and the Old Ones. They are waking up, but are also divided.

Tyranids have already consumed MULTIPLE Galaxies. The Tyranid fleets in the galaxy already are only a fraction of the actual race. They are approaching en mass. We don't know what levels of technology the galaxies before have been when the Tyranids devoured them. The Silent king returned from his banishment SOLELY because he saw just how dangerous the Tyranid threat is to the future of the Necrons and is trying to reunite his race specifically to counter them.

Tyranids and Necrons both have had victories and losses against each other in the lore, so the technology factor clearly doesn't make it one sided for the Necrons.

At this point I solely think it comes down to numbers. How many necrons wake up, put their differences aside and fight back en mass and just how insanely big IS the Tyranid swarm.

Without that info I would say its anyone's game.
>>
>>49005082
> The Silent king returned from his banishment SOLELY because he saw just how dangerous the Tyranid threat is to the future of the Necrons and is trying to reunite his race specifically to counter them.

Clarification.

The Tyranids are not a threat to the Necrons themselves. They are a threat to the flesh.

Tyranids have little interest in Necrons and will only attack them in they got in the way or in self defence.

>Tyranids and Necrons both have had victories and losses against each other in the lore, so the technology factor clearly doesn't make it one sided for the Necrons.

Name a single victory the Tyranids had against an awakened Necron force. You can't.
>>
>>49005193
Always forget a bit.

>so the technology factor clearly doesn't make it one sided for the Necrons.

A fully awakened Necron Empire would have dominion over the space in the galaxy. They can annihilate star systems on a whim and reshape the celestial configuration of whole sectors of space. The faction that controls the battlefield is one with the greatest advantage.

The Tyranids have nothing in their arsenal that can compete with that.
>>
>>49005058
There was a tomb world in system and that got torched too. The Traveler laughs, the local Overlord lost everything.
>>
>>49005270
No, he didn't. Both of them were laughing.

The Necron Overlord was safe in his subterranean Tomb complex. The blast wave scorched the surfaces of the worlds in the system but it did not turn them in ash.

Dante and his marines survived the blastwave on the main planet on the system but the majority of the Imperial forces were burned.
>>
>>49004680
Necrons be cray cray - they won't unite worth shit. Your meme is dank.
>>
>>49005249
Necron wank is nearly as bad as Tau wank. The necrons are scattered and insane. Have fun with that against the only unified faction in the setting.
tl;dr - Tyranids ARE the big bad. Deal.
>>
>>49003281
Speculative, in game the necrons win like 70% of the time

As of right now the silent king considers the tyranids the biggest threat to the galaxy and is attempting to reunite everyone to fight them off

In fluff its so dependant on so many factors, if its the full might of the necron empire vs the current hive fleets then the necrons stomp

If the tyranids do have entire galaxies consumed under their belts then even a full necron empire couldn't beat THAT much, there would literally be Decillions of hive ships filled with millions of tyranids

So who knows

>>49005058
While true, the combined effortfs of the necrons and BA and the detonantion of that star or whatever has just made the fight with the Nids an "even one"
>>
>>49006519
I WANT the nids to be the big bad, and they do feel like the big bad, they certainly feel more of a galactic threat than chaos currently but we all know GW will always make chaos the big bad outta nowhere no matter what
>>
>>49003281
>THE FINECAST LIVES

>>49004967
>I think more Oldcrons vs Tyranids had the Tyranids attacking a Tau outpost of some sort, before the Necrons activated and killed all the Tyranids. The Tau threw them a party or something and the Necrons killed them all too.

The Harvest of Ka'mais, during Hive Fleet Gorgon's invasion of the Tau Empire. It's been referenced in Newcron lore as well - the 5th edition codex had a quote from Anrakyr the Traveller bitching about how annoying the Tau were for forcing him to kill them.
>>
>>49003281
The entire concept of how Necrons wage war, or rather how they can wage war counters the Tyranids so hard it hurts.

Necrons will win virtually any battle against Tyranids, that being said they might just not be united enough to win the war.

Either way the Necrons are going to take massive chunks out of the Tyranid Fleets if they come to blows on a galactic scale.
>>
>>49006899
>Beyond the point where even a united Necron people have any hope of victory

More or less confirmed that if the nids are too numerous the crons cant win
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.