[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (157KB, 742x1076px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 742x1076px
wecome to worm's shadow general
>>
>>49003183
Tinker 9
is it bad that I kinda want to reform both her and Siberian and make a real family?
>>
>>49003375

She's also probably got a trump rating in there, like Squealer had (I think?) a mover rating.
>>
>>49003183
Shit anon don't remind me about Worm I need to back to head back to college. I can't get back into reading right now.
>>
>>49003621
do it, then learn Weaver Dice and become foreverGM so I have someone to fucking play this with
>>
So how big is the difference between the old and new version of Weaver Dice?

Would you recommend playing the old more complete version or is the new version that much better that I should bother with making up a few quick and dirty fixes of the not yet finished parts?
>>
>>49004446
I haven't even seen the new version, so go with the old
>>
>>49004540
scratch that, I'm looking at the new version now and it's basically just a slight rewrite of the old with some better rules
so go with the new
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit
>>
>wecome to worm's shadow general
good luck not getting chased away by the same autists who spammed the mods to ban /erp/ or /wst/.
>>
>>49004792
I don't know why Worm would be shat on by those guys, wasn't their thing anti-lewd? Worm isn't lewd at all until people start making jokes about dumb shit like Tinker sex toys
>>
I understand that no one minded Taylor murdering Alexandria since everyone lost trust in her anywy but why exactly was everyone ok with her killing Tagg? I mean he was certainly an asshole but he didn't really break any rules.
>>
>>49003183
>Below average physical stats
>high mental stats (Ego, Int)
>Lots of durability (PD/ED damage reduction, and probably either a high con, or extra stun
only defenses for the ability to shut off pain.)
>big VPP for Bio Tinker stuff.
>+1 dcv, for small size.
>>
>>49005320
>Psychological Limitation: Casually Violent
>Psychological Limitation: Sadist (Later bought off)
>Psychological Limitation: Dislikes Cursing (later bought off)
>Physical Limitation: Child Sized
>Hunted/Watched: The Slaughterhouse 9, more powerful, non combat influence.
>Hunted: PPD
>Social Limitation: Villain
>Reputation: Homicidal Bio-Tinker
>>
>>49005266
He was that much of an asshole.
>>
>>49005266
It probably helped that Tagg was almost irrelevant next to Alexandria.

I actually just finished reading for the first time after starting two weeks ago, and now there is a worm shaped void in my reading time. Does anyone have any reading recommendations for something similar?(preferably less grim)
>>
>>49005841
>Does anyone have any reading recommendations for something similar?
The other two novels from Wildbow, Twig and Pact are usually seen as pretty alr-
>preferably less grim
oh ok then
Seriously, does that guy have a fetish for hopeless suffering with no escape and is just magical realming his entire readerbase?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1015x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1015x276px
>>49005841
Read wormfics or read twig.
>>
>>49004831

People who want worm lewds have QQ anyway. They wouldn't need this thread.
>>
>>49005266

Miss Militia hushed it up because she wanted the director position.
>>
>Worm's Shadow

I don't know what this is

Is worm's shadow related to the other Worm series that I remember being really popular the other year? The one about the superheroes?
>>
>>49005908
ask him yourself in the IRC
>tfw you actually talked to the madman and it turns out he actually doesn't drink at all
what the fuck world, how can someone who writes so much sadness and depression and hopelessness NOT require alcohol?
>>
>>49006083
it's the same thing
this is the shadow general for Worm, because we're apparently not really allowed to talk about it
>>
>>49006083
"Shadow" as in shadow general, since a lot of talk in these threads is about Worm itself and not just about its tabletop game.

Suprisingly enough /co/ actually has some really great Worm threads that always manage to go until bump limit and are devoid of bitching that it only technically is /co/ material
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 1024x924px
>>49006083
It's the 'shadow general' because /lit/ is just far to smug To indulge itself in 'capeshit fanfictions' and /co/ bitches over the fact that worm isn't actualy a comicbook/animated and that it does not belong.

If worm didn't have a fledgling roleplaying component it wouldn't have anywhere on 4chan to really put itself.
>>
>>49006422
>How to defeat world ending threats:
>Step One
>Make Superheroes and Super villains cooperate for more than 24 hours
>>
File: 1466618487192.jpg (294KB, 760x901px) Image search: [Google]
1466618487192.jpg
294KB, 760x901px
>>49006585

Fuck, we're doomed.
>>
this is the first time i heard about this thing. from what i read it's about some teenage superhero that gets into some fucked up shit with other superheroes. what's so good about it?
>>
>>49005841
Pact and Twig most definitely.

Your mileage may vary with Pact but so far Twig has been GREAT.
>>
>>49006806
it's got a rather realistic take on "what if humanity got superpowers"
like, one of , if not outright THE best representation I've seen.
>>
>>49006422
>>49006196
>>49006111

Oh, well now I feel dumb.

I should probably get around to reading it eventually (I post a lot over on spacebattles so I hear about it all the time) but it looks impenetrably long at this point and has a fucking infinite number of spinoffs and fan works that the community around it is intimately familiar with. I'm not adverse to reading or anything, but working full time and having weekend tabletop games leaves relatively little leisure reading time and it honestly looks like I would have to read nothing but Worm for months to catch up
>>
>>49006806
The story and characters are nice I guess but far from perfect, the real draw is the god tier worldbuilding.
>>
>>49006880
>non-bomberman outfit
I forgot about that
man Uber and Leet were a couple of dumbasses, with all their fucking power, they couldn't win JACK SHIT
>>
>>49006879
>it's got a rather realistic take on "what if humanity got superpowers"

Keeping in mind that Watchmen came out in 1986 and dozens upon dozens of works from "Kickass" to "The Boys" to that "Strong Female Protagonist" webcomic have tackled this subject in their own way with varying degrees of tact and quality since then, what makes this particular one worth the time?
>>
>>49006953
>>49006880
god
tier
WORLDBUILDING
>>
>>49006953
>>49006988
Memeing aside
>dozens upon dozens of works from "Kickass" to "The Boys" to that "Strong Female Protagonist" webcomic have tackled this subject in their own way with varying degrees of tact and quality since then
>what makes this particular one worth the time?
You are right that the idea isn't original or special, what makes it worthwhile is simply that it is another great take on the idea.
Superpowers started appearing in the 60s and the author did an excelent job at working out how history has changed around that until present day, taking the whole world in account (although it does focus on America since thats where most of the story plays out).
>>
>>49006953
>"Strong Female Protagonist"
Which one is that? A lot of comics have those nowadays.
>>
>>49006806
Do you like IT GETS WORSE? Because Worm has a hella lot of IT GETS WORSE. And so does Pact.
>>
>>49006922

Yeah but they had fun, right? isn't that what really matters?
>>
>>49007340
didn't they get the everloving shit beaten out of them and then promptly got thrown in jail?
>>
>>49007367

We don't actually know pretty much anything about Uber and Leet. They weren't in the story very much.
>>
>>49007367
>>49007558
I'm pretty sure they later on became part of Coils reserve team, but I'm pretty sure that the story stopped mentioning them after Echidna.
>>
>>49007592

They were at the debate where Coil 'killed' his identity, and Taylor got blinded. They were also (possibly?) with Coil right at the end, at his final showdown. I think they might have got one mention post-timeskip, too, but I don't really remember.

That said, they didn't really do anything any of those times.
>>
>>49007627

Sometime after them leaving town post-Coil, Leet bites it and Uber gets mixed up in some serious shit in south america before getting birdcaged.
>>
>>49007704
oof, that sucks, I always thought they were going to turn around and become celeberties for gaming, making cool shit for kids and doing competitions for charity and shit
that would have been a lot better use of their powers.
>>
>>49008411

getting out of a life of crime is hard for people who aren't powerful enough to make the government say "how high?" when they say "jump", I guess.
>>
>>49007704
>uber
>birdcaged.

What the fuck happened!? Birdcage is for the scum of the earth, not 'regular' supervilliens.
>>
>>49009252

Also Canary. Plus, it's Uber. He's a colossal asshole, and after losing his best friend he probably just did whatever he wanted.

>>49008411

Despite how a lot of the fanfiction likes to portray them, Uber and Leet were pretty much scum. Not the type to do charity events, unless it's them crashing said event to rob it.
>>
>>49009252

Committed some murders irrc. They did let him out when it was final battle time though.
>>
>>49009382

what fanfics do they even show up in? I haven't seen them much outside of crack where characterization is gonna be piss anyway.
>>
>>49010064
A few fics tend to make them decent enough.
>>
>>49005266
Tagg even had a family, we saw his wife and IIRC he also has two daughers. How fucking depressing must it be when nobody cares about the death of your father just because the person who died in comparison was way more important?
>>
File: 2epnyovuf9gx.jpg (84KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
2epnyovuf9gx.jpg
84KB, 680x798px
>>49005790
>>49011339
I bet they all hated him too.
Really though even if he was an asshole, considering he was said to be Simurgh bombed and maybe going insane from that it is pretty depressing that he had to die like a bitch with his family left like >>49011339
>>
If you were to run a game in worm where would you base your game? And when?
>>
>>49011664
Japan, 1998
>>
>>49011684
Who'd be the main threat? Levi or the folks who went nutty in his wake like Black Kaze? Or the Yang Bang?
>>
>>49011684
Nice, there'd be some pretty gnarly capes coming out of there like look at black kaze
>>
>>49011725
>>49011781
naturally the goal would be to stop Leviathan (some plot device of a cape with precog would warn them)
>>
>>49011725
Why not all three?
>>
>>49006838
>Worm
>Realistic
The S9 would have got drone strike spammed to death after the first town they emptied.
ESPECIALLY with all the tinkers making drone technology even better.

How in the fuck was there not a single tinker who specialized in making waves of efficient drones that only plot armor would save you from?
>>
>>49011916
That'd be dope I've thought of doing something similar but in Sydney when Levi hit and absolutely fucked it and with Nic precog. I've also toyed around with the idea of having them trigger because of the attack and maybe even together.
>>
>>49012047
*no precog
>>
>>49005266
The protagonist can do no wrong.
>>
>>49006838
It's really really not. It's first draft and unedited. Pacing shot to hell and back. Needlessly grim, many very stupid worldbuilding pieces.

What it is however, is really evocative, with an integrated and coherent worldbuilding, with a believably badass protagonist with issues as long as not my dick and the last epilogue is not in my headcanon because fuck that.
>>
>>49012037
>The S9 would have got drone strike spammed to death after the first town they emptied.

They were. Several times. That's how Breed specifically was killed.

It just didn't get all of them, because the S9 weren't idiots. They stuck to areas that were a) inhabited, b) already in chaos, c) outside of the control of law and order, and most importantly they knew how to make a fucking exit.

Seriously, did you forget how Piggot *already* bombed them in canon? How do you think Crawler and Mannequin died?

God damn, this is one of the worst things about the Worm fandom. Idiots that don't realize that the stuff shown *on screen* already disproves their dumb Frodo-posting theories.
>>
>>49012354
>>49012037
>How in the fuck was there not a single tinker who specialized in making waves of efficient drones

Oh yeah, forgot this part.

IT WAS FUCKING DRAGON. SHE ALREADY DID THAT. ON SCREEN, SEVERAL TIMES. AT THE END, HER FORCES WERE NEARLY STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAT KHEPRI AT HER HEIGHT.
>>
File: Applause.gif (261KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
Applause.gif
261KB, 300x306px
>>49012354
>>49012385
thank you.
>>
>>49012354
>Breed

Jesus Christ don't remind me of that freaky motherfucker. I can only imagine the horror.
>>
>>49012502

Seriously, if there's one person (other than Nilbog) that's worth shooting cruise missiles at an inhabited area to kill, it's fucking Breed.
>>
>>49012527
And at the very least Nilbog is an entertaining guy.
>>
>>49012502
>>49012527
he wasn't the worst though
this is your PSA that Grey Boy fucking existed and his power lived on inside fairy queen.
>>
>>49012354
>They stuck to areas that were a) inhabited
That doesn't mean shit unless they are litterally humping on civvies 24/7 to protect themselves, which the story shows they don't do. And even if they did, their history shows that whoever they are up on is 99% likely dead anyways, might as well just add them as collateral damage.
>b) already in chaos,
Makes it even easier to drone strike their ass and ignoring civilians.
>c) outside of the control of law and order,
So is ISIS, and we manage to do just well against them

Imagine drone technology, tracking, and facial recognition improves severalfold from what they currently are due to tinker techs that are close enough to modern technology we can extrapolate and adapt them and they lose tinker tech status, becoming the new norm.
Hell, worm didn't even address THAT.

>Idiots that don't realize that the stuff shown *on screen* already disproves their dumb Frodo-posting theories.
The point is they could have done it far sooner instead of letting mass serial killers loose because it's 2 hard ( not really ). It doesn't take an AI to drone strike a group of a dozen people and harass them constantly.

Fuck, Jacks power only lets him predict what shards are doing it really doesn't make any sense how mundanes didn't just gun him down.
>>
>>49012547
>Hell, worm didn't even address THAT.
It does, but you're too busy fapping to fanon to actually care. Hear: there are only two tinkers that can reproduce other tinkers tech, only one of those is into mass production, the maintenance issues still come up, and tinkertech is a black box as far as normal engineering is concerned.

>It doesn't take an AI to drone strike a group of a dozen people and harass them constantly.
Yep, it takes volunteers. And they kept dying.
>>
>>49012629
>there are only two tinkers that can reproduce other tinkers tech
WHICH IS A FUCKING PLOT HOLE
It's made clear the tinker tech is merely sufficiently advanced technology.
There would be at least SOME tinker tech that could be reverse engineered to become common tech, otherwise HOW THE FUCK DID THE CIVILIZATIONS THAT MADE TINKER TECH INVENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?
>>
>>49012547
>Fuck, Jacks power only lets him predict what shards are doing it really doesn't make any sense how mundanes didn't just gun him down
Siberian's power, Bonesaw's work, mile and a half range, and you know, the sheer WMD scale of the S9 sheer destructive potential. Shatterbird. Bonesaw.
>>
>>49011664
I don't remember but was it ever mentioned what was going on in and around russia all those years since Scion appeard?
If my slav parents are to be believed all big russian cities used to be completely controlled by various mafias, maybe make a campaign about a few local citizens who had enough of the organized crime and the corrupt police and try to free their part of town from the filth.
As usual in Worm things will go terribly wrong as the local mob tries to make an example of the PCs since the usual course of action for newly triggered parahumans is to either join the mob or have fun getting your family members mailed to you piece by piece.

Maybe it could be one of the main plot points, if you have powers you either join or bad things will happen because for some mysterious reason they always manage to find out.
Maybe it takes a week, other times just a day but they always know if there are any fresh parahumans around even if no one was around for their trigger and they never told anyone about it.
The PCs for some reason never were found out and part of their mission will be to find out just how the mafia is doing it and why they managed to slip though. Maybe have it be special tinker bullshit set up all over the city and after realizing that they all triggered in the same general area they find out that the parahuman detector in that location was broken. Or perhaps an enslaved Trump who can detect superpowers and decided to ignore the PCs because he is hoping that they could free him if they managed to stay off the grid.

Fucking hell I'm getting way more into this than I expected. I'm going to start working on fleshing out the campaign right away and then never fucking use it because I don't have people to play with.
>>
>>49012655
Definitely too busy fapping to fanon and random musings. Provide citations.
>>
>>49012655
because
ya know
THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF TECHNOLOGY BEING MERGED TOGETHER TAKES MORE THAN 70 YEARS TO REVERSE ENGINEER WITHOUT SUPERPOWERS
>>
>>49012681
There were a few words of God on Russia. It's exactly as bleak, but with added superpowers.
>>
>>49012690
I don't have to provide citations, it only tells me you don't know as much about the story you're trying to defend.

It was explicitly states tinker technology is the technology of other civilizations the entities have been to.
>>
>>49012547

Don't be such a pedantic asshole. The reason all your ideas are trash in Worm is the same as they are in real-life. Drones don't get used on domestic soil very much (if at all), and even in our world criminals can evade the law for decades, or forever, despite having numerous local and government agencies after them. That's even without all the problems Earth Bet has to deal with. Supervillains, crumbling government institutions, difficulty in maintaining infrastructure, or fucking Endbringers all over the place.

Seriously, nothing you've said is anything other than retarded, and I'm not even going to bring up the actual S9 members that would render a drone strike a ludicrously bone-headed move just by their virtue of existing. The real reason you're such a knob-headed fucktard is that your idea of what's acceptable to governments and civilians is completely twisted, and you have no fucking idea how unfeasible what you're proposing is.

Seriously, comparing the S9 to fucking ISIS? A handful of super-powered individuals versus a huge regional movement that operates openly. Yes, beautiful. Elegant. Not even stupid in the least.

A much more practical comparison would be how the government has successfully interdicted Mexican cartels with drone strikes all over the USA, thus stopping the flow of drugs over the border, except OH WAIT, THE VERY IDEA IS MORONIC!
>>
>>49012698

It was actually only 30 years. Scion appeared in like, '82 or something, and capes weren't a big, widely known thing until around the late 80's.

Plus canon starts in 2011, so in practical terms it's more like 20 years. Considering that Behemoth showed up in '92 and shit started going downhill soon after, there was probably less than a decade where the resources that could be devoted to tinkertech were enough to be really significant.
>>
>>49012798
>A much more practical comparison would be how the government has successfully interdicted Mexican cartels with drone strikes all over the USA, thus stopping the flow of drugs over the border, except OH WAIT, THE VERY IDEA IS MORONIC!
The VERY key diffidence is that lack of kill orders and the red tape.
If the government ever got the go ahead "kill these fuckers on sight, don't worry about getting permissions or if they might be civilians ( their sacrifice will be remembered )" it would be a very different story.

You're saying government can't do anything, you're forgetting that it's because they are paralyzed by bureaucracy. When that's done away with, you get very quick and effective change. See: any violent revolution around the world.
>>
>>49012858
I could have sworn Word of God said shards started popping up in the 60s
but if I'm wrong it only serves to prove my point further
>>
>>49012655
>WHICH IS A FUCKING PLOT HOLE

It's directly addressed several times in canon, you fucking mong. That's where the tech-boom of the 00's came from, and it's the only reason that a beaten-down world like Earth Bet even has smartphones and LCD TVs.
>>
>>49012737
Provide citations as to how easy it is to reverse engineer alien technologies made by super intuitive people calibrating their shit with cosmic background radiation, weather patterns, gravitational events, and other random factors that we don't even know about and who also use extradimensional shenanigans. In 40 years. For billions years old technology that kept being refined by shards.

Go on, give your smartphone to a random guy in an Amazon tribe, don't tell him shit about the whole global network it needs to even be able to function, let alone be reproduced (because you're not even fucking aware of it), and wait for the miracle.

And this is 4 to 7 orders of magnitude easier than what you're proposing to do.
>>
>>49012883
When you have capes who have superintelligents and a LITERAL AI HOLY FUCK, it's really not that hard. It literally would only be a matter of time. But in the mean time, while you wouldn't have caught up billions of years, you would have leaps thousands.
Another problem. Why is there only one AI?
>>
>>49012934
because there was one Tinker who could make them
and he died
and he specifically coded Dragon to only ever be in one place at a time, unable to self-replicate or modify her own code.
>>
>>49012966
I knew that about dragon, forgot the guy who made her was an autist and he was the only one who could
>>
>>49012865
>If the government ever got the go ahead "kill these fuckers on sight, don't worry about getting permissions or if they might be civilians ( their sacrifice will be remembered )" it would be a very different story.

No they fucking well couldn't, retard.

Because if the government could *kill* them easily once the red tape was gone, they could *arrest* them easily now. Seriously, there are agencies involving thousands of people working round-the-fucking-clock to stop drug smuggling, and they've never made a god-damn dent. If you want anyone to believe your stupid opinions on the subject - which are contrary to all the presented evidence - then provide some real fucking citations, shit-head.

Or, let's shift the example slightly. Take modern-day street gangs, like for example the ones in Chicago or LA. They've been responsible for MASSIVELY more deaths in the last 20-30 years than the S9 were on Earth Bet in a similar time frame (if far less horrific deaths, admittedly). They are known. They exist in the real world. The government has never been able to suppress them, even in the times when military force was used.

So, again, why would they be able to stop the S9? Much smaller group, much better at hiding, much harder nut to crack in terms of power, and with less resources on-hand for the government.

So given all that, I repeat my earlier statements (or at least paraphrase them). You're a completely knob-headed, shit-brained, mongoloid fucking retard, and every opinion you (and the horde of mental pygmies like you) hold is moronic.

Kindly fuck yourself off the most convenient cliff.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 1517x1198px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 1517x1198px
>>49012737
https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/4w15u4/earth_bet_tech_scape/?
Rekt.
>>
>>49012934
I wager you have an issue with both your capacity at reading what is written and at interpreting it correctly. Such as your incapability at understanding an analogy, and also your stupid as fuck question that could have been solved by reading Worm.

Are you one of those fanfic authors that haven't even read the material in the first place? You sound as fucking stupid.

3+3=6 and I shouldn't have to lead you by the hand for you to get that.
>>
>>49012990
>Because if the government could *kill* them easily once the red tape was gone, they could *arrest* them easily now.
Killing is far easier than arresting and imprisoning anon.
>Seriously, there are agencies involving thousands of people working round-the-fucking-clock to stop drug smuggling, and they've never made a god-damn den
Because the US government doesn't have jurisdiction in mexico, and by the time the smugglers are smuggling into the US they have the resources and size to be comparable to a government themselves, and focused on successfully smuggling.
> Take modern-day street gangs, like for example the ones in Chicago or LA
No one gives a fuck about street gangs. Why? Because the red tape and risk. When police have "no go zones" because their hands are tied while the criminals aren't, the problem is that the gangs are too tough to crack.
>>
>>49013071
and what exactly makes you think that the S9 wouldn't be as hard, or HARDER, to crack?
because, you know
FUCKING
SUPERPOWERS
THAT NEGATE MOST OF WHAT WE WOULD USE AGAINST THEM ANYWAYS
SIBERIAN FUCKING EXISTS
NEED I SAY MORE
fuck I hate stupid people
>>
>>49013071
>isn't
>>49012990
>>49013016
And you guys literally can't even make the argument the S9 is too strong, because Jack was literally captured alive by one non-cape.
Sure, that wouldn't happen if he wasn't alone but it is evidence he isn't superhuman enough to survive a sufficient amount of firepower. And he's the leader too, so if he was taken out the roaches would scatter.
>>49013131
Read above.
>>
>>49013071
And the S9 aren't, apparently. Even though they are walking around with at least two WMD level parahumans, two that are very good at killing other parahumans, and one last that makes nukes a really fucking stupid options because it would probably only make him tougher.
>>
>>49011437
>>49011437
That image annoys me, by Tagg's response.
He wants Parahumans to be living weapons for the state, he's not constant "they are worthless garbage"
>>
>>49013071
>Killing is far easier than arresting and imprisoning anon.

God damn, no it fucking isn't! Also, I never said 'imprison', I just said 'arrest', so I guess your reading comprehension is as abysmal as everything else about you, you cock-gargling fuck-minister. Both killing and arresting require knowledge of the individual's whereabouts and the ability to project sufficient force to subdue them.

Why the hell would you assume it's somehow easier to launch a drone from a far-away military base than it is to just send a bunch of cruisers from the nearby station?

Honestly, just read this and (for once) try to actually understand what I'm saying, you brain-dead autistic fuck. If the government in real-life knows who a criminal is, has reasonable suspicion that they have/are going to commit a crime, and knows where they are with enough precision to drone-strike them, then they can just fucking arrest them.

God damn, how are you this fucking stupid?
>>
>>49013171
>and one last that makes nukes a really fucking stupid options because it would probably only make him tougher.
There's always the JJBA solution of "fling his immortal ass into outer space". Not sure how it could be done, but I'm sure there would be SOME cape that could pull it off.
>>
>>49013140
Oh God you're so fucking dumb. Jack only has his slicing power against normal humans indeed. Plus whatever improvement Bonesaw gifted him. But they move as a group. Stop picking and choosing what you want to, Jesus. The S9 aren't Jack. It's Jack, and Bonesaw, and Shatterbird, and Siberian, and Crawler, and the fucking Mannequin.
>>
>>49013213
Oh, you mean, in the Simurgh's vicinity? Yeah, good idea!
>>
>>49013140
>And you guys literally can't even make the argument the S9 is too strong, because Jack was literally captured alive by one non-cape.

Yeah, one heavily trained trooper wearing tinker-created power armor, as part of a force consisting of dozens of said power-armored troopers and dozens of capes, advised by one of the worlds best precogs, in the middle of a giant brawl.

Oh, also it wasn't the Dragon's Teeth solider that actually got Jack in the end. It was his Gray Boy clone. Idiot.

Besides, that was very specifically after Jack abandoned his normal practices and let himself be cornered by a group of capes that had been training for years to take him down. It was his own god-damned hubris and inflated ego that *actually* got him, when you come right down to it.
>>
>>49013195
I agree, it would have been way for fitting if it was Piggot. Someone who doesn't suck cock at drawing should redraw Tagg to be an overweight woman (at least thats the only thing I specifically remember about how Piggot looks).

Also I wish that all the people argueing could chill the fuck out or least lay off the name calling jesus christ.
>>
>>49013196
>God damn, no it fucking isn't!
You've lost all rights to call me an idiot no matter how dumb the arguments I'm making are anymore.

Yes, it is FAR easier to kill than to arrest.
Spraying a hail of bullets if far easier to do than subdual and ensuring the captured hostile continues to remain a non-threat.

>>49013231
Of those, only Bonesaw, and crawler ( mannequin if he got serious ) are a legitimate threat.
Jack is effectively a human with a magic knife ( against non-capes )
Shatterbird , lol.
Siberian is circumstantial threat when you don't know his limits, which is unknowingly worked around when you decide to just blast the area to pieces.

>>49013263
Didn't know simurgh was actively saving villains. Source?
>>
>>49013285
Welcome to 4chan you SBaby.
>>
File: Anonpls.jpg (46KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
Anonpls.jpg
46KB, 514x536px
>tfw I started this whole mess by posting >>49006838
Let's switch to something else
Why are Tinkers best capes?
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 200x252px
>>49012037
>>49012547
>>49012865
>>49013140
If you have to Blaim anyone for the s9 existing you can go ahead and pin it on the fedora lady intentionally keeping certain people from dying.

It's obvious you're not willing to accept that the s9 can survive on their own so go take a contessa chill pill.
>>
>>49012681
There's some stuff out there that the author wrote and it's all collected on the reddit. If the problem is no players you should run something for 4chan on roll20 or irc.
>>
>>49013325
>Shatterbird , lol.
Please kill yourself.

>Didn't know simurgh was actively saving villains
Actually, no please about it.
>>
>>49012681
I'd play with you anon, you sound like you have a fun as fuck campaign in mind
>>
>>49013362
>Shatterbird
>Control of glass
If you don't have something that lets you survive guns, yes literally LOL in threat level. Bonesaw beefed her up but before that?

Simurghs influence would be a non-issue if crawler was in deep space, it's future 'sight' isn't unlimited ( I don't recall "I can see the whole universe" being part of it's POV in it's chapters ) . So you're point is moot unless simurgh literally intervened to make the plan not work, and at the point you have bigger things to worry about.
>>
>>49013354
I'm this guy and I'd be down to play plus this guy that's at least 2 players .>>49013416
Should definitely do something with it though.
>>
>>49013429
How far ahead does Simmy look anyway? It wouldn't surprise me if she was less a master ruseman and more breaking shit and hoping for a solid thing like Sphere.
>>
>>49013429
control of sand too
guess what? sand can get everywhere
EVERYWHERE
enjoy your death by scouring and blood loss, dumbass
>>
>>49013325
>You've lost all rights to call me an idiot no matter how dumb the arguments I'm making are anymore.

No I fucking haven't, you miserable vomitous mass. It's harder for the *individuals* involved, but to the government it's the same fucking thing. And the government is what we've been talking about here. To them it's just give order -> order carried out.

Seriously, how many times have you ever heard of a police raid actually *failing*? How many times do the criminals actually win the fire-fight and run away? It doesn't fucking happen, because the police force has the same sort of overwhelming force the military does, when it comes to working on that level. The difference between a dozen cruisers plus a SWAT team and, say, a few tanks is basically nonexistent to even a pretty powerful gang/cartel.

Anyway, we're veering off-topic, and while it's still entertaining to embarrass you publicly like this, let's get back to the topic at hand.

First, you're an execrable toad, and possibly the most sorry excuse for a human being I've ever encountered.

Second, drone strikes on the S9 remain a laughable way of defeating them. Honestly, did you forget that even Dragon and Defiant couldn't reliably track them down? Why the fuck would you assume the (half destroyed remnants of the) government would be able to do any better?

So stupid.
>>
>>49013345
So what kind of trigger exactly causes someone to become a Tinker? I remember being confused about the broad description Weaver Dice gave. Also is the type of tinker specialization related to the trigger / personality like other powers? I always got the impression that it was just random.

And fuck Tinkers, Changers for life.
>>
>>49013325
Of those, only Bonesaw, and crawler ( mannequin if he got serious ) are a legitimate threat.

Mannequin is not a threat. Mannequin is weaksause.

>Jack is effectively a human with a magic knife ( against non-capes )
He can slice airplanes out of the sky with that knife and presumably has been given enhanced eyesight from Bonesaw.

>Shatterbird , lol.

Kill yourself, Kill yourself right now. Shatterbird is worse then any nuke on earth.

>Siberian is circumstantial threat when you don't know his limits, which is unknowingly worked around when you decide to just blast the area to pieces.

What are Manton capsules.
>>
>>49006111
Probably because it's not a traditional game
>>
>>49013526
>and while it's still entertaining to embarrass you publicly like this
You're not embarrassing anyone but yourself.

You're literally claiming that shooting someone isn't ALWAYS easier than approaching ( likely hostile ), incapacitating, restraining, transportation, and retention.
Capture in itself implies many more steps than kill. It's literally impossible for capture to be easier than killing, barring some paralysis gas or something similar. And even then it's literally "as difficult", not easier.
Nerve gas is a thing that exists. We don't use it because human rights ( GOVERNMENT RED TAPE ), not because it isn't effective.
>>
>>49013429
>If you don't have something that lets you survive guns, yes literally LOL in threat level.
How about the Siberian. How about she's a flying human sized target with more fine control than any piece of technology while wrecking said piece of technology to its constituent parts while killing. And all her colleagues.

You keep going lol Jack, lol Shatterbird, lol Siberian, conveniently forgetting that they work as a group. Oh, and there's Cherish too. Whom makes all your stealth attempts completely ridiculous and then she makes you kill yourself if you get in range.

The S9 actually lost because there was literally no plan that could threaten them and they (or Jack) got complacent.

>you're point
Your. And you forgot the possibility of a Simurgh bomb invincible Crawler that gets dropped from orbit, and who is also now immune to vacuum, space resistant and can survive massive kinetic strikes

God.

You're so fucking obnoxiously retarded.

And willfully ignorant.

Holy shit.

Augghhh
>>
>>49013429
>>Shatterbird
>>Control of glass

SHE HAS CITY-WIDE RANGE YOU UTTER RETARD! SHE CAN KILL TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE JUST BY BEING WITHIN A FEW MILES OF THEM! ANY DRONE THAT APPROACHED HER WOULD GET FRAGGED BEYOND VISUAL RANGE! ALL ELECTRONICS IN THE CITY SHE OPERATES IN GET WRECKED! THERE'S NO WAY TO LOCATE HER! NO WAY TO STOP HER POWER OTHER THAN TO AVOID ALL SILICON/GLASS/SAND! AND EVEN THEN SHE CAN JUST CONTROL THE GLASS HERSELF FROM SIMILAR RANGE!

HOW ARE YOU THIS FUCKING DUMB!??! IT BOGGLES MY FUCKING MIND!
>>
>>49006988
You mean ripping off Pulla Moger Megooker Madoker?
>>
>>49013539
problems that build up over time and have no easy solution:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQx5XfXrb0cilcP3J178cq1Uj6Dlggcz2X9U3C5zV4U/edit
>>49013604
>>49013526
>>49013615
>>49013616
alright girls, you're all pretty
can we just agree the Simurgh and some other pre-cogs were responsible for keeping their asses alive until Slaughterhouse 9000 arc?
>>
>>49013600
Well not really, there is an official RPG made by the author herself and aside a few autists having a screaming match there is definitely discussion about running games.
>>
>>49013650
It seems to be mostly webnovel wank to me.
>>
>>49013628
Hardly. Maybe if you look at it cross-eyed, squinting and while enjoying a nicely fitted vibrating dildo up your ass.
>>
>>49013670
>aside from a few autists having a very thread-consuming screaming match
>>
>>49013582
Mannequin could fuck up the entire planet if he really wanted to.

Shatterbird is only a threat in terms of kill count, not in terms of survival.

>What are Manton capsules.
Okay, so siberian upgraded from circumstantial threat to threat. Big deal.

Anons note that I'm ranking them on how hard they are to kill, not based on how easily they can kill. That's fucking stupid, no shit they can easily kill. The point is killing them to stop them racking up body count.

>>49013615
Fuck, you're stupid.
>and who is also now immune to vacuum, space resistant and can survive massive kinetic strikes
NONE OF THIS MATTERS, YOU FUCKING RETARD. The point is putting crawler into space, not killing it. Can't doing anything if it's in space, and crawlers adaptation is limited to threats, so it's not going to magically evolve space maneuverability any time soon.
You're calling me stupid and you didn't even think of this very obvious point.
>>
>>49013670
i'm ok with fanwank considering there is no other place to discuss it without going on reddit as long as there is at least some /tg/ related talk.
>>
>>49013616
All it takes is a super strong enough to resist and not be restrained by her glass control
>>
>>49013718
>without going on reddit
Why not? This is reddit tier garbage
>some /tg/ related talk
There is none
>>
>>49013670
You don't have to stay, just report and go be a backseat mod somewhere else. Are you sad you weren't hand picked for janitorial duties over your stellar contributions to the board and have to compensate somehow? I hear there are still attempts at questss being made over here.
>>
>>49013719
>>49013616
Whoops not even that. I just remembered she got body jacked. She's a lot more vulnerable than you're making her out to be.
Though to be honest I don't remember the circumstances behind her getting bodyjacked
>>
>>49013604
>You're literally claiming that shooting someone isn't ALWAYS easier than approaching ( likely hostile ), incapacitating, restraining, transportation, and retention.

Oh Jesus, you're one of *those* people in addition to everything else? Holy fuck, you truly are the worst. I actually kind of mean that, now. You're pedantic, so-fucking-stupid, and you're the kind of utter douche that puts words in people's mouths and looks for any tiny crack that might possible mean they aren't wrong.

So yeah, you're the worst. You're a true retard, quite possibly actually autistic (or at least mentally sub-normal) and given everything I've seen, probably an ugly fat piece of shit too.

Honestly, learn to actually read what a person means rather than just the exact literal wording of what they write (often, it seems, in your case omitting any words you don't like, you pathetic weasel).

Also, talking about using nerve gas in a civilian setting? God damn. Just god damn. Do you know how many times that's actually happened in real-life? Do you know what sort of governments actually do it? Have you got a single iota of a clue about what a maximo-autismo edge-lord piece of shit you sound like for even mentioning it? I mean, probably not. Even in our brief interactions I've learned you don't have the self-awareness of a blind, crippled hedgehog. But still. It's a lot.

Anyway, nerve gas wouldn't work on the S9, dingus. Bonesaw. Why even mention it?
>>
>>49013736
>some /tg/ related talk
>There is none
Anon if you weave through the arguement you can clearly see that there is
>>
>>49013688
>big spoopy monsters that eat souls give human powers to make them fuck themselves over because reasons
The only real difference is that the shitshow that is madorkagorka is actually more thought out in the end.
>>
>>49013670
The last thread didn't have this...
>>
>>49013750
To quote yall fagmos, maybe if you look at it cross-eyed, squinting and while enjoying a nicely fitted vibrating dildo up your ass
>>
>>49013699
The Simurgh is a telekinetic. With massive range. And you just gave her a toy.

You're the moron who would have approved of this plan.

Giving Crawler to the Simurgh. You must really hate mankind.
>>
>>49013756
Then maybe you should stop pushing your luck with offtopic shitposting
>>
>>49013748
>Why even mention it?
You brought up cartels, gangs, and various other squishy targets that are hard to deal with only because of human rights.

>Honestly, learn to actually read what a person means
I didn't know mind reading was a prerequisite for arguments now.
No really, you literally said, let me quote you now, in response to "killing is far easier than arresting and imprisoning anon"
you said
>god damn, no, it fucking isn't!

Do you mean to say that you meant something other than "Killing is not easier than arresting"?
But that was the entire fucking argument right now.
>>
>>49013803
Alright, edgelord, you won. You're right. You won the argument. You can go now.
>>
>>49005266
They covered up by saying he had Simurgh exposure.
>>
>>49013786
If simurgh really wanted crawler there is literally nothing stopping it from acquiring him at any point in the story. You have no point.
Simurgh isn't just a telekinetic. It can also see multiple futures.
Like I said, if crawler was part of it's plans you were already fucked to begin with. Range has NOTHING to do with it other than how far her sight can reach to let her know what resources she has at her disposal.

So again, sending to crawler to space is a either a viable solution or you had bigger problems to worry about to begin with.
>>
>>49013780
It's exatly two autists having the arguement shitting up the thread, sure they accumulate a lot of the recent posts but asides from those everyone else seems to be interesting into having genuinely /tg/ discussions.
>>
>>49013798
dude
you can't stop this type of autism, it just morphs and latches on to something else
like, I feel like I never left the Jumpchain thread, 1/2-3/4s of the thread is arguing and the rest of us just want to chill, discuss stuff like reasonable people and talk about the game.
>>
>>49013747

It's not an issue of survivability, but of threat. Shatterbird makes all technology pretty much useless, reduces to an utter minimum a city's ability to resist/track/combat the S9, and kills a lot of people (and injures many more) thus reducing manpower *and* placing a huge burden on civic services while *also* reducing their capacity through depriving them of technology.

Seriously, she's a fucking monster. Well, her power is monstrous anyway, and I guess she kind of is too. Anyway, don't forget that she can also fly (quite fast), has Bonesaw upgrades, and can use her glass in a myriad of defensive applications.

Seriously, she went up against Hookwolf, one of the best direct combatants in Worm (he went mano-e-mano with Leviathan and came out none the worse for it, as well as being fast enough to keep up with said speedy Endbringer), and even without really trying she did pretty damn well.
>>
How would you capture the feel of endbringer fights in a game ? What endbringer would you make them fight? I think simurgh could be good if done right but leviathan would definitely be my first choice.
>>
>>49013862
And now you assign our knowledge of the setting to the characters living inside it.

You topped yourself once again. Good job.
>>
>>49013850
>edgy
Don't use words if you don't know what they mean.
Killing being easier than capture is facts, nothing edgy about it.

>>49013882
Canon and thoughts on ambiguous parts of the setting influence the game enough to be important for a discussion on running a game.

>>49013892
I'm not disagreeing with the threat she is ( well, I am in a roundabout way. ). I'm disagree with how hard she is to kill.
I suppose it really depends on exactly what bonesaw upgrades entail and exactly what it make her resistant/immune to. Like if she was immune to radiation suddenly you have a lot less options.
>>
>>49013928
Leviathan is the easiest one to work with, because we've got the most info on it.
It also helps that crushing feeling of despair to have a constant downpour of rain making it damn near impossible to see
>>
>>49013874
And it's exactly one autist who thought thus thread was a good idea.
>>
>>49013932
No, I'm saying that once simurgh makes a move to save crawler ( or doesn't, because future sight and manipulation )

Wait no fuck all of that. You have no argument to begin with. With simurgh powerset, you can literally say anything about the setting and say "simurgh did it"

In canon, simurgh doesn't save crawler. So why do you think it would suddenly want to utilize crawler because you sent him into space?
>>
>>49013803
>But that was the entire fucking argument right now.

No it fucking wasn't, you garbage excuse for a homo sapiens. It was a series of examples meant to illustrate the difficulty the government of our modern Earth has with locating and combating criminal elements. Which it does, and not at all because of humanitarian reasons.

The whole thrust of that divergence was that if the powerful, technologically advanced government of *our* Earth can't even come close to managing it, why would you assume that the much less powerful and advanced government of Earth Bet could manage it with the much harder target of the S9?

The point about gangs, and about arrests versus killings, was that these are issues that exist in the real world, and very effectively illustrate the difficulties in what you present as a simple, easy scenario.

So putting aside anything else, I'll simply restate that any kind of belief that the S9 could be simply dealt with by drone strikes is stupid. Utter ridiculous tripe. It was used in canon (well, missiles and bombs were, at least), and we can see the effective comparisons with real life situations (use of drones, tracking criminal targets in civilian areas, etc) and effectively extrapolate likely results on Earth Bet.

The simple, unavoidable conclusion of any rational, thinking person (ie not you) is that drone strikes would potentially be effective sometimes (and, in canon, are), but wouldn't be any kind of major long-term issue.

The canon presentation of the use of military force against the S9 is an entirely reasonable one, and very in-line with what we observe of similar real-world situations.
>>
>>49013928
I honestly dislike the Simurgh, and Behemoth has many playability problems. I mean, unless you want a rock falls,everyone dies scenario. Khonsu could be pretty cool if only for the sheer disorientation factor of its first appearance where the Thanda kept teleporting every body over the world.

My favorite to play through and GM would be Leviathan and Young Bohu, which provide plenty of things to do to all different scales of powers. From stabilizing the environment for powerful shakers, to going toe to toe without frying to a crisp or playing the S&R game in a dangerous environment.
>>
>>49013982
You. Are. Assuming. Characters. In. The. Setting. Have. The. Same. Knowledge. We. Do.
>>
>>49014028
>Which it does, and not at all because of humanitarian reasons.
Yes.
ISIS, cartels, gangs wouldn't stand a chance if we decided "fuck morals" and just just leveled the region. Killing. Easier. Than. Capturing.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that because we don't do something, it's not possible or is more difficult to do than something else.
>>
>>49013963
Simurgh works with little to no warning at all. Imagine just minding your own business in your apartment then suddenly you hear the Scream. You look out your window and she's right there.

Behemoth has some atmosphere too, in both sheer saturation of smoke and ash, and the smell of burning flesh is a very unique thing.
>>
>>49013943
It's only ambiguous because you're dumber than a learning deficient brick.
>>
>>49014070
Well no shit, he's a Worm fan
>>
>>49014057
Nuking shit to oblivion had repercussions. And in the case of the Nine, they wouldn't even be sure it would work (Shatterbird disabling the detonators, Siberian providing invincibility, Crawler surviving). Long fucking shot.
>>
>>49014035
>I honestly dislike the Simurgh, and Behemoth has many playability problems.

The thing about the Simurgh is that people have wildly misunderstood her abilities. Which isn't unreasonable. If you want to actually understand what the Simurgh is capable of, just carefully read through her segment in Dr. Mother's interlude.

That said, if you want to use her in a game, the players' paranoia and (if they've read Worm) likely misunderstanding of her power would be great ways to direct the game. Because really, if you're using an Endbringer as anything other than a huge game-changing event, you're doing it wrong.

As for Behemoth, the issue with creating a good, tense fight is all the stuff surrounding it. Mostly I imagine the players wouldn't actually go toe-to-toe, and if they did dying would be a pretty reasonable consequence.

If you're looking for ways to run Behemoth fights well, the actual canon one is a good example. Weaver spent the fight much like most players would, fucking around on the sidelines and trying to avert the worst. Sort of trying to take the edge off an inevitable catastrophe.
>>
>>49014066
>smell of burning flesh
I would only have Behemoth attack if I was playing the game in the real world instead of on Roll20 or an IRC or whatever.
because I would do barbecue that session
and then let the smell drift in
and then describe exactly what it means in the setting
and watch the beautiful horror spread across everyone's faces.
>>
>>49014057
>ISIS, cartels, gangs wouldn't stand a chance if we decided "fuck morals" and just just leveled the region. Killing. Easier. Than. Capturing.

God damn, I can't believe I have to actually say this...

Cause -> effect. Actions have consequences. Things that happen result in other things happening after them.

Governments that level their own cities do not stay governments for long. It is not an issue of morals.

That's it. All that needs to be said on that subject.
>>
>>49014122
That's the cool thing about endbringer fights, the players don't even have to directly fight the endbringers but could instead do tons of other shit.
>>
>>49013928
Wildbow actually provided some pretty sick samples of the ways Simurgh can fuck with your brain in case the party ever gets Simurgh bombed.
Like the characters suddenly losing their ability to sleep, only regaining it after comming violent acts that each time get weaker so they have to be more extreme.
>>
>>49014070
Holy shit this is pretty sad.
I'm dumb for speculating on non-canon and assuming real world facts translate somewhat to worm.
But you, are a genius for speculating on non-canon. And assuming all sorts of wrong things about reality. Okay.
>>49014077
Samefag

>>49014119
Crawler surviving isn't much of an issue, as talked about earlier in this thread ( space solution ).

Does the rest of the S9 need to eat?
>>
>>49014077
He's really not. He's a moron who thinks his own bullheaded ideas are better than Wildbow's more nuanced approach. Worm isn't perfect, far from it, but at least it's roughly internally consistent and doesn't presuppose humans are utilitarian robots.
>>
>>49014150
Again, that is because "human rights" and civilian beliefs. Change that, remove red tape, and killing is easy. It IS an issue of morals, because that is what is stopping governments from leveling cities and everyone being okay with it.

>>49014160
No moron I understand why wildbow doesn't write "why didn't these superpowered people just do reasonable course of action x?" because it doesn't make for as much of an entertaining story.
The problem is we are talking about non-canon homebrew where it's up to non-canon GM fiat and so are arguing whether it is reasonable for x to happen.
>>
>>49014158
>Crawler surviving isn't much of an issue, as talked about earlier in this thread ( space solution ).
Which nobody in their right mind would do in Bet with the Simurgh existing and hanging out in space. For fear of giving it a weapon, for fear of waking it up ahead of schedule, for fear of the fucking Simurgh.

Your speculating is exactly as stupid as Who Would Win crossover versus fights in that it just wouldn't happen because it's not consistent with the setting. Because you know, unlike you, the powers that be don't have all the information, have some stake in the survival of their world, and aren't complete idiots. Remember, not even Cauldron knows where the Endbringers come from and complete capabilities.
>>
>>49014210
If you really want to be Internet utilitarian, you should just shoot yourself in the mouth. Net plus to the world.
>>
>>49014210
>Again, that is because "human rights" and civilian beliefs

No, you fucking mong. Jesus Christ, I can't believe this. We have *evidence* of this sort of shit. Of governments saying "fuck morals" and just doing whatever they want. We have evidence of governments that use chemical weapons (including nerve gas) on their populace, or who bomb them, or who institute purges and genocides.

Know what's common with all of them? They still have criminals. They still have undesirable elements. They still can't track and isolate individuals or small groups with reliability. They all have revolutions. They all have to strain their resources to the limit (or more often beyond) to retain control of their populace. They all fall within a matter of decades AT MOST. And while they *do* survive, all of them fail to accomplish anything but holding on by the skin of their teeth.

The only way to change that is for the populace to not be human. If they were ruling over a group of robots, then sure, fine.

But your points do not work on an Earth populated by actual *people*. Because people don't just sit around and accept becoming casualties in an attempt to stop some criminals.

Anyway, you know what would actually happen if the government of Earth Bet America pulled out all the stops and just started bombing/gassing to shit any city where the S9 stayed?

Jack would make a game of it. Because that's what he does. He'd create false-flags, or he'd work to expand the destruction (Bonesaw creating a plague that spreads by fire, or something, or a nerve-gas intensifying agent), and ever time 100,000 people died to the government's excessive methods, he'd make sure people knew about it.

Then the government would fall, all because some cock-nosed retard never learned the lessons of history and had no idea how actual *human beings* react to things.

God damn...
>>
File: 1469830986615.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1469830986615.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>49013928
>Players in the middle of fucking around
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_oX6SURRE starts playing from speakers under the table
>players unfamiliar with the setting confused
>players in the know start looking in terror as understanding sets in
>unfamiliar players only get more confused at the other guys stare and only have a vague idea of the shit that is about to get down
I am getting a hard on just thinking about it.
>>
>>49014276
Why are you such an emotional bitch?
I'm literally only arguing killing is easier than capturing.
I'm not advocating killing over capturing.
I'm not advocating bombing cartels and ISIS with nerve gas.
I'm not advocating nuking cities full of civilians to neutralize a threat.
I'm literally stating the simple fact that killing is easy and we don't because of morality.
I'm not even making any statements on morality or the morality of doing such a thing.

You're the edgy one, not me. I can argue reason without agreeing with it. Such a skill is beyond you, apparently.

>>49014336
Can't create false flags if he's already dead, anon. He wouldn't expect the government to actually do something like that the first time, and his shard wouldn't give him any indication of it to save him from it. It would only take 1 time.
You assume he would survive that. I'm not.
>>
>>49014158
>everyone I dislike is one person
Kek
>>
>>49014356
>>49014142
combine ideas
have a second man timing it so that about a minute after the sirens are heard, the smell of burning flesh wafts in
>>
>>49014377
>Can't create false flags if he's already dead, anon. He wouldn't expect the government to actually do something like that the first time, and his shard wouldn't give him any indication of it to save him from it. It would only take 1 time.
>You assume he would survive that. I'm not.

Dear god, you truly are one stupid motherfucker.

IT HAPPENED, DICK-BREATH. TO THE S9. IN CANON. AT LEAST TWICE. QUITE POSSIBLY MORE TIMES.

BREED OF THE S9 WAS KILLED BY INCENDIARY MISSILE STRIKES.

CRAWLER AND MANNEQUIN WERE KILLED BY A BOMBARDMENT OF TINKERTECH MUNITIONS, AFTER A LOAD OF INCENDIARY BOMBS FAILED TO KILL THEM.

IT HAPPENED IN CANON. JACK DID NOT DIE EITHER TIME WE OBSERVED IT. BECAUSE HE IS NOT AN IDIOT, UNLIKE YOU, AND HE KNOWS WHEN TO MAKE HIMSELF SCARCE.

IF THE GOVERNMENT HAD INSTITUTED A POLICY OF DOING WHAT THEY HAD ALREADY DONE ON A MORE REGULAR BASIS, THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT JACK COULD NOT HAVE EXPLOITED THAT, LIKE HE EXPLOITED EVERYTHING ELSE. HE WAS A SNEAKY, CLEVER, MANIPULATIVE BASTARD.
>>
>>49014418

Dear god that would be awesome.

I... uh, I don't guess that person suggesting the idea has a fireplace, do they? One of those fake electric ones that make heat/noise/light?

I suppose if not then just jacking up the thermostat would work.
>>
>>49014469
>ITT: We become either the best GM or That GM, possibly both at the same time, as we scare the everloving shit out of our Weaver Dice players
>>
>>49014377
>>49014447

go make out somewhere else pls let us discuss worm here
>>
>>49014497
Why? This isn't the webfic board
>>
>>49014447
>AND HE KNOWS WHEN TO MAKE HIMSELF SCARCE.
What the fuck does that even mean? Either Jack is the smartest non-tinker human alive or you think plot armor is something that's real.
The reason Jack didn't die yet was literally plot armor.
There is literally no reason BUT plot armor when something that is nearly invincible dies sooner to stolen villian tech than a flesh and blood human that doesn't even have precognition
>>
>>49014536
>weaverdice
>excellent campaign setting
>/tg/ board culture

look i love /lit/ it's past s4s tier for shitposting but it's not a good place to have discussion
>>
>>49013539

you get a tinker power by long term stress, particularly persistent problems you just cant solve.

Tinker powers are influenced by the particulars of a trigger event, but to a much smaller extent than other types of power. Shards that have tinker libraries stored inside them and therefore can give only have that one library and can only shift it about so much.

For example Bonesaw became able to fuck with Gemmas and therefore peoples powers because a parahuman was involved in her trigger, but it was still a biotinker library and was going to be that no matter what.
>>
File: 1471671520246.jpg (7KB, 145x162px) Image search: [Google]
1471671520246.jpg
7KB, 145x162px
>>49014586
>generic grimwank #4565332
>excellent campaign setting
>>
>>49014545
>The reason Jack didn't die yet was literally plot armor.

Alright, god damn. This is going to be my last post on the subject, because while it's been fun so far, people are asking us to stop. But as one last attempt to get you to see sense rather than your own incredibly wrong internal prejudices, I'm going to explain the Slaughterhouse Nine to you.

Because clearly you don't have the first clue about how they work.

Anyway, people see the S9 at a supervillain team, but they aren't. They aren't anything close to one. What they are is a collection of people that Jack has twisted around, and who he uses like tools.

That's an important bit right there. Jack doesn't see the rest of the S9 as allies, team-mates, or even fellow humans/parahumans. He sees them as tools, to use as he pleases. He works a delicate balance to keep all his tools in order, then sets them loose to do their thing.

That's another important bit, right there. Jack doesn't direct the S9. He tunes them, sets them loose, and uses their actions as cover to do his own things. Witness what happened when Piggot bombed Crawler/Mannequin. The two of them stayed to fight Weld/GG/whoever, but Jack, Bonesaw, and Manton *left*. Jack didn't stick around, didn't lead his team to victory or defeat, or anything like that.

When it looked like he might face serious opposition, he just ran.

Because that's what he does. He creates chaos, exploits it, and uses it to move obliquely and do things nobody expects. He even said it himself, I believe to Panacea, that there's only a few members of the S9 that he really considers important. Himself, Bonesaw, and Siberian.

Jack wasn't burdened by any kind of morality, any ego, any shame, or anything that might have held him back. All he cared about was keeping his life interesting, and so he was able to act in incredibly unpredictable ways.

That's how he survived, and when he abandoned those methods is when he finally lost.
>>
>>49014706
That's probably one of the best explanations of Jack I've ever seen, Anon.

Neat shit.
>>
>>49014706
Why couldn't Cherish read him to understand that and decide being used by Jack wasn't worth it?
Or is that what happened and was why she was going to turn traitor on Jack?
>>
>>49014820
>That's probably one of the best explanations of Jack I've ever seen, Anon.

I could go a lot more in-depth, if it wasn't for limits to post size and people wanting the argument to stop.

Because you can glean a lot from his actions in Brockton Bay, and I think it tends to paint Jack and the S9 as very interesting characters.
>>
>>49014849
I'm not so sure. My interest is piqued.
>>
>>49014846

Cherish was very poor at reading people. Her ability to know peoples' emotions made her constantly only look at the surface, and her ability to *control* peoples' emotions just made it worse. She was so able to manipulate people (like, just flip some switches and they do whatever she wants) that she had a lot of trouble actually relating to them as people.

A good example is how much different her discussion with Regent is from pretty much every other interaction she has. It's essentially the only time she's actually being herself rather than poking and prodding at people to make them do what she wants.

The real manipulator of the team was Jack, and like he hid behind all the members of the S9, he hid behind Cherish too. He kept her with him, let her talk whenever they met people, and let people believe that she was the one screwing with peoples' heads. He used her obvious manipulations as camouflage for his more subtle ones. Just like he used Bonesaw as a proxy for the sort of atrocities he wanted to commit (encouraging and directing her art), and how he...

Well, I could go on, but posting limits.

Anyway, Cherish was wrong a lot. Got Skitter totally wrong too, despite being 100% right. Surface impressions and emotion reading =/= understanding a person.
>>
>The discussion finally gets good
>My body betrays me by demanding sleep

Now I understand why Armsy was jealous of Dragon.
>>
>>49014990
right? not needing sleep must be the fucking best side effect of superpowers.
speaking of BB Protectorate
Assault and Battery have the cutest fucking backstory, you cannot deny this
>>
>>49013928

Honestly, I think an Endbringer fight would probably be a mistake for a campaign, unless it's effectively the setpiece to something else the team has to do.

The Leviathan fight worked so well in canon because it hammered home just how insignificant Taylor was in the face of the real horrors of Earth Bet. Unless your capes are Triumvirate-level, they can't plausibly have any real impact on the fight's outcome, and what makes the book sequence so compelling - the complete inability for Taylor to fight back - will be awful in an RPG.

You also don't want to use Simurgh because it could potentially poison the well, if you have a player who will be convinced that anything that happens subsequently may be part of her keikaku.
>>
>>49006953

The realism of the powers isn't what sets Worm apart.

What sets Worm apart is that, despite it being the first draft of a colossal undertaking by a novice author, it manages to create a world absolutely full of compelling characters. In a genre so often plagued by two-dimensional cardboard cutouts with flimsy characterization, it's extremely refreshing to be handed a world that's packed full of believable people with compelling strengths and flaws.

Worm has many weak points, to be sure, but it's far and away the most cohesive and compelling superhero world I've ever encountered, and with heavy editing it stands to be something really special.
>>
>>49015123
>Honestly, I think an Endbringer fight would probably be a mistake for a campaign, unless it's effectively the setpiece to something else the team has to do.

I think you're probably mostly right. But like in canon, an Endbringer fight can serve as a jumping-off point to a big shift in the nature of a story.

Before Leviathan, after all, it really looked like Taylor would ditch the Undersiders, and that Coil and the outed-E88 would be the big movers in the story. Leviathan changed that radically, especially if you consider the scene where Taylor finds out about Sophia, which wouldn't have otherwise happened.

Behemoth was much the same. Before him, Taylor was in jail, kind of slowly working toward figuring out who Weaver was going to be. Then after Behemoth she ended up with a lot of publicity and a hammer to use against the PRT directors to let her do things her way. A very different place to where the story was before.

Doing something similar with the players would be interesting, and act as a big set-piece punctuation to divide the campaign into what came before, and what came after.
>>
>>49015199

As long as you have something else going on during the fight, like the team extracting something ahead of the Endbringer, something like that, it would definitely be fine. You just wouldn't want to have rolling dice against fucking Leviathan as the primary objective, as I really can't imagine this being very satisfying for the players - even if they can plausibly hit an Endbringer hard enough to matter, you'd have to constantly bail them out with NPC capes to keep them alive.

If you just want an exceedingly high-stakes and serious fight, better to throw an actually killable S-Class in the vein of Nilbog or Echidna at them.
>>
>>49015271

Depends on the players I guess. If you have a group that only cares about their stats and numbers, then there's every chance they'd just ditch away from an Endbringer. No exp/loot/power-ups available, no interest.

But if the players are the sort that are invested in the game, there's all sorts of stuff the fight could bring. Just for example, fighting Leviathan they could stand to lose their home-city and become completely adrift. Have to start from zero with rep/organization/whatever.
>>
>>49015123
>>49015271
I think it's just about using them properly, like using them to show the players they can't do anything and if they can they're only holding him off or trying to get people out. The endbringers could be both set peices and fights like when Taylor first fought Levi she was moving around and changing locations doing various things like tracking him,helping people or even attacking like when she was trying to get he bugs to bite him and shit.
>>
>>49015199
Another example is Kyushu. Before then Japan was doing really alright. It was a 1st world country with capes like Masamune running around.

Enter Leviathan, who didn't just send Tsunami's everywhere, he aimed at the evacuating civilian population and hit them dead on. Nine million people and most of Japan's capes obliterated. Lung was there to wail on him but by that point the damage was done.
>>
>>49015331

Mostly, the issue is simply that there's no plausible way anybody but a Triumvirate-level cape could make a real impact without massive NPC support (and even they can only do so much). A party just can't kick an Endbringer's ass primarily through their actions alone, which means that this sequence is more for the benefit of the GM than the players, which should be a bit of a red flag.
>>
File: Coil.png (511KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Coil.png
511KB, 1000x1200px
>>49015199
>an Endbringer fight can serve as a jumping-off point to a big shift in the nature of a story
To build on this I want to add that it doesn't even have to be an Endbringer specifically but really any S-class threat / high powered bullshit cape or group the the GM can use to change up the local cape game.
In the short time S9 was in Brockton Bay they not only completely wiped out the Merchants but also broke up the last remaining splinter groups of the gang formerly known as Empire 88, opening the way for the Undersiders to assume control over the entire city.

What I mean to say with all of this is that in case a GM doesn't believe in Endbringer battles to be a good gaming experiences or doesn't feel confident in his ability to properly translate an Endbringer attack but still wants something exciting that can shake the story up he can just make someone like uncle Jack visit town, have him nominate a few of the important characters and see where all this mess will lead the players.
>>
File: Simurgh.jpg (107KB, 793x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Simurgh.jpg
107KB, 793x1008px
I wish we had more chapters with the Simurgh POV or any with the other endbringers, it was actually interesting to see a little how the simurgh works.

Reading the earlier chapters was reminded of how much of a bitch Tayler was to her father, she lacked the courage to deal with her bullies but she was willing to shit and walk all over him because she knew he would not fight back, she was doing to him what was done to her.

Scion being killed because "muh bullying will never stop being dumb on the other hand.
>>
>>49015466

I absolutely agree with this - as observed, I think that if you want a spectacle of a battle which affords players some agency, a normal S-Class would be the way to go.

Endbringers are forces of nature, and the fact that any reader of Worm will know that it's an arbitrary threshold of victory (since they're sandbagging) is also a problem.
>>
>>49015466
Could have it open up a player waking up in the morning, going into his kitchen and seeing Mannequin or Bonesaw cooking breakfast there. They don't even have to do anything, just be there.
>>
>>49015556
>Bonesaw cooking breakfast with Jack or Siberian
>Rest of the nine seated at your dining table
That is somehow both absolutely adorable and utterly terrifying
>>
>>49015688
I imagine someone would be able to trigger off that alone depending on who they are. Especially a second gen cape.
>>
>>49015776
>At maniquin's request, the whole team gangstalks some random dude
>Makes the guy well aware contacting authorities is out of the question
>Does this for months
>Then they make breakfast in his house
>Trigger into a Tinker just as predicted
>>
>>49015556
>>49015688
>A random player is chosen to be the host for the Slaughterhouse while they are in town
>the player is terrified and doesn't know whether or not to follow Jacks orders to "tidying the damn place up you have guests for god's sake"
>things only get more confusing when the player gets handed money and the instruction to collect some groceries, seemingly giving the freedom of choice to just run away
The idea is that the player will be scared enough to follow their orders which will never be anything more than random house work and errands, but if the player decides to bail on them he will spent the rest of their stay paranoid that they are after him.

Truth is that it doesn't matter what the player does, S9 doesn't really care all that much. If he stays they just have a maid they can order around, maybe have the player babysit Bonesaw while the others go out, have her asking for critique on her latest "art piece" which could either be a crayon painting of S9 and the player in front of their house or an hard to figure out number of mutilated but still alive people that have been disfigured in a way to represent the very same thing (I wonder how many people it would take to make the house alone). If the player bails they will probably still have better things to do like set up the recruitment games for possible members, in this case the GM has to make the player believe that he is being followed by having S9 randomly attack a nearby spot or something like that etc.
>>
>>49015688
The only thing I can think of to do is get Bonesaw a step stool, make a pot of tea and hope that if I act blase enough I won't die.
>>
>>49015981
That'd be awful, I was thinking more immediately but that would work too. Some of the trigger parameters can still apply and would make it a weird power.
>>
>>49016025

Eventually the player and Jack are alone, with the rest of the S9 out-and-about. the player is fed up (possibly having had to hide this from the rest of the group, doing extra off-the-books sessions while the party is dealing with the S9 being in town), and thinks that Jack alone isn't *too* much of a threat to fight. So he asks what the hell is going on, fully intending to just ditch and run after, if he can't fight.

Jack smiles. "There's no reason," he says. "Just a bit of entertainment. Something we haven't done before. You have to spice things up now and then, after all. See, whatever choice you made in the beginning, whatever choice you make now, it doesn't matter. Either you follow instructions and we get a nice housekeeper while we're in town, or you don't and maybe Crawler or the Siberian get a meal. Could have been anyone, really. I just thought it'd be more fun if it was a cape. Someone invested, maybe. Someone who had a choice. What you did - what you've done, now - is the sort of thing that shows who you are, and I have to admit that's interesting to me. Do you placate a group of monsters, aid and abet what you know we're doing, all for a chance to save your own life? Or do you run, or fight, or raise the alarm? Well, we know the answer to that now, I guess. So I'll pose a new question, but I'll leave it to you to figure out what it actually is. For now, same deal as before. How about you start some coffee brewing? I've got to head out soon, and it's probably going to be a busy night."
>>
>>49016025
What kinda powers could come from this? Shall we brainstorm some? I think the easiest would be a tinker, maybe one whose speciality is about finding weaknesses and exploiting them.
>>
>>49016329
Since the idea is for players it assumes that they already have powers, though if it really just happened to a random unlucky person from the streets and that person triggers as a result a Trump power will definitely be in the mix.
>>
>>49016367
Yea I misread the post but still never hurts to come up with some fun powers, a tinker trunk could be a really cool idea if they wern't just a trump tinkerer but someone with a tinker power and a trump one .
>>
>>49016329
If it's a long term cohabitation I could totally see a Tinker power coming out of it, probably with a Trump aspect, maybe using cape powers as inspiration.

I'd personally suggest a Shaker power, fitting with your previous sanctuary becoming a place of terror operating on rules you don't know and messing up will kill you dead. Maybe with a Thinker/Trump aspect to it. Like being able to take control of more of a structure over time, gaining awareness of what's going on in it and being able to telekinesis stuff in it. Or a budget Labyrinth that uses other capes in the area to theme the environmental features brought in.
>>
>>49016744
That's a really cool power plus it has a lot of really neat uses if you think about it. Would be interesting to see how a hero uses the power in combat.
>>
>>49016402
>similar to Uber the character has the ability to build any piece of equipment that other Tinkers specialize
>the limitation is that the character has to spent a few hours together with the Tinker he wishes to plagarize, talking excusively about their particular Tinker field. As the discussion grows longer the character seems to understand more and more
>the character doesn't just take on the Tinker specialization of his target but also their personality in subtle ways, this is mostly seen through the creations which always mirror what the target would have build
>e.g. The imitator has a discussion with a Tinker with great destructive potential but because he is a pacifist he only builds utility tools, the imitator now also leans to more peaceful options and refuses to build anything more than utility tools despite the potential.
>only one imitated specialization at a time

The imitator triggered while Bonesaw was trying to have an active debate with him/her how she should mutilate the character; "Knees fixed to the neck or perhaps hands to feet and make you all stiff, turn you into a big hula hoop?". Jack was nearby and made it clear that it's only going to be worse if the character doesn't start taking part of the discussion.
As the character joins in they finds themselves making increasingly more outragous suggestions which Bonesaw answers with laughter and more terrible suggestions of her own.
In the end she had so much fun with the character that she instead wants to let her new friend go, Jack obliges as he also was amused by the discussion and satisfied with the result of having triggered somebody.

Now the imitator needs a personality that fits the usual theme of "poetic injustice" in Worm powers. Obvious answer would be something like them having plagiarized their doctorate or something like that and having spent most of their adulthood feeling like a fraud but then again that seems a little too obvious.
>>
>>49016859
Could also be something like lived in a brothers shadow always trying to copy them and be like them but never living up to it, now their power is to copy things successfully . Cool power though mate.
>>
>>49016744
>Or a budget Labyrinth that uses other capes in the area to theme the environmental features brought in.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/193KDD7tIrXzxR7RmvYhzGCFG86gQs5WWvxvdKVo6S20/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
Worm lore and worldbuilding is like 40k in a way: it's best not to look too deep into it or take it too seriously, that way lies only autism.
>>
>>49003427
Bonesaw basically has a five in all other categories because of the versatility of being a broad biotinker, like Blasto is a tinker/master and Tecton is a tinker/shaker.
>>
>>49015271

An idea for a campaign I've had is a group of Yangban escapees during an Endbringer attack.

You all start out with a shitload of powers, but as you run away, you lose them. Except your OWN power gets stronger.

Live free or die hard.
>>
>>49005841
Now that you're done with the source material you are free to nosedive into the hundreds and hundreds of Worm fanfiction and try to find the diamonds buried in the shit.

I recommend 'A Cloudy Path'.
>>
>>49018073
One Yangban cape can shut down your cape powers remotely too, Null IIRC. They do so the instant they notice your escape.

If you are in the Yangban and try to escape/rebel, you have a couple minutes, tops.
>>
>>49017420

Oh shit, I remember that one! Unfortunately, the player immediately went hero and it was a blind draft. They played one session and never played again.

Me, I'd have started attacking people to steal their powers. You can stack 'em!
>>
>>49018090

No, they can't. Null has to get to you to do it. They can't automatically shut you down, but you can be 'kicked out' of the group.
>>
>>49018100
Maybe he has to touch a cape to "register" them, and then can shut down them remotely? That seems likely.
>>
>>49018073
That's a really cool idea, could do a lot
With it from espionage to pure combat and murder hoboing.
>>
>>49018156

Honestly, I kind of see it being a one and done. An Endbringer is rampaging, and you guys make your desperate escape bid in the middle of the confusion. As you get away, your power snaps back to you, and it's a small group of angry prisoners up against the might of the remaining squad.

Time to escape - or time to take bloody revenge.
>>
>>49018182
That's still mad, as long as the Gm is alright that would be quite a good session.
>>
>>49018228

Yes, exactly. It's a mad, suicidal dash where most of the players are probably going to end up dead. I mean, you're basically going all Three Kings in a superpowered warzone.

It'd probably end with them in one final destructive battle or something.
>>
>>49018246
I'm and ausfag so I meant mad as good but even the literal meaning still applies like the cui/yang bang ain't nothing to fuck with, but very cool idea my dude. Plus it's worm so all the players don't need to survive, it's just what happens happens.
>>
>>49012798
you should really google a bit about project blue devil or project argus
>>
>>49003183
>tfw you will never read a story of bonesaw using her tinkering to explore her sexuality on a group of poor helpless people, making sexual archetypes like the hunky guy, the bimbo, the androgynous guy, the flat girl, the trap, and the fighter jet

Why even live?
>>
>>49019145
>The Fighter Jet
she would do it too
>>
Reminder that Tinkers are the most BULLSHIT class, because Clarketech ain't nothin to fuck around with.
>>
>>49014846
Because everyone in the s9 had a dummy nervous system or some other technobabble bullshit cooked up by Bonesaw

Jack mentions it when Tattletale tattletales on Cherish.
>>
>>49019574
Nah, tinkers just have a higher average because they have way more bullshit than other people in the early game.

No tinker in history could beat Eidolon or GU for instance.

And Taylor was more bullshit than either when she got rolling at the end

Using the strongest from each category:

Master>Trump>The rest

tl;dr picking tinker is picking the early to mid game power spike class
>>
>>49020029
it's also picking the sustain/counter class
>>
>>49020029
But tinkers are generally absolute shit early on. They are literally farm hogging carries.
>>
>>49020174
Only if they're solo

if they start with resources then they're fine from the get go
>>
>Glaistig Uaine, Nilbog, and Bonesaw will be the strongest heroes of the Protectorate in Worm II

What a time to be alive.
>>
I took the plunge guys, I'm writing fanfiction.

Protagonisting Emma, with Jack Slash's power. Oyyyeaaahhh.
>>
>>49021030

triggered in the alley? or somewhere else?
>>
>>49021030
Including the plot armor?
>>
>>49021265
Yeah. It fits quite nicely.

>>49021270
Well, it's his thinker power!
>>
>>49021030
You don't even need to give her his blade-projection power, just give her the thinker power alone

Let her wonder whether or not she's even a parahuman at all
>>
>>49021324
Meh, I like it, complete. It also works very nicely with a fear of knives, after what happened in the alley. She doesn't like them, but they're really the only thing that works.

And she still bullies Taylor, though the justification is not quite the same. And then, when she finally triggers in the locker, she can't quite help it but try to befriend her once again. Shenanigans.
>>
>>49020029
Well, we haven't seen any tinker 12's

So who knows? Maybe there's a tinker who can make shard-manipulating devices
>>
>>49021356
Contessa pretty much is.
>>
>this thread
Goddamnit SB and/or SV.
>>
>>49021594
How about fuck off?
>>
>>49020029
Strangers beat Masters though - and of the highest level parahumans: Jack, Khepri, Contessa, Dinah, Alexandria, Dragon and Number Man have Thinker ratings, (Dragon's power is a Thinker power that coopts Tinker work, and her multitasking is almost Khepri level).

See also: Accord, Tattletale, the Vegas team.
>>
>>49021679
After reading Wake and what's currently there for Legacy, I really want to see more Accord. The guy's power ties into leadership, and...

>Nobody said Fuck You quite like Accord
>>
>>49022118
The last interlude was really good.
>>
>>49021030

Me too. Doing an AU where Calvert died in the Nilbog raid, so Lisa never got caught and is working as a rogue playing up a hammy detective stereotype.

Worm is a tremendously fun sandbox to play in. If Wildbow can get a presentable print version together, the series has the potential to be huge.
>>
>>49022893
I could see Lisa going by the cape name "Sherlock" and wearing an exaggerated Sherlock Holmes outfit as she goes around as a private eye
>>
>>49007297
http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/issue-1/page-0/
>>
>>49020174

In Weaver Dice, no. Tinkers are actually really, really powerful because they scale up, unlike other capes. You can get really good equipment and you can gradually improve your power.

For instance, one Weaver Dice game had a man with fucking Darkseid eyes, laser beams that would chase down a target and incinerate them. (It didn't actually do that much damage, but could incapacitate really fast.) That PC could also 'tag' a target to track him and fire laser beams at the target. That player ultimately stopped using his powers at all, except the tracking one. He just fucking lobbed hand grenades and home-made flashbangs at people he was fighting.

Meanwhile, the Tinker built a jetpack, a radar helmet and a basic gun in his first session. After raiding a metalworks, it turned out that his could 'tag' targets, and he built a rocket launcher that would unleash a hail of heat-seeking missiles that could rip cars in half.

In contrast, one guy (A brute with gravity powers) started the game punching stuff and ended the game punching stuff. He couldn't stop, like, a PRT APC, while the Tinker was working on a gigantic suit of power armor that functioned as a mobile drone relay.
>>
>>49023478
What was the tinker's specialty?
>>
>>49023571

Aerotech tinker. He died when trying to raid one of Dragon's supply ships. His damaged power armor ripped his arm off mid-flight and he bled out.

Another hilarious Tinker spent his whole session squatting in a basement. When two villains came to evict him - They just wanted him to fuck off - he got out his electric lance and electromagnetic shield, and got his ass kicked after a short fight.

He died as he lived, fighting normies.
>>
>>49021030
the fast majority of Fanfics seem to be what-if retelling, of varying quality.

I'm personally working, very slowly, on an after fanfic. Because there is a lot left to do.

And I want to write Teacher getting kicked in the balls.
>>
>>49016329
I think a trump, striker/brute would be really likely. Trumps happen from triggers brought on or near capes right and they would be in fighting distance?
>>
>>49022893
Tattletale Investigations?
>>
>>49024935

Nah, I want to do one where Lisa and Taylor are actually costumed capes, and more of an adventure series than a mystery one. Similar idea, though.
>>
So, given a Tinker Shard that lets you build just about anything you can think of, like... Leet's, I think? (not sure which one had the Tinker power)
what would you build?
>>
>>49026269
Use whatever overlap between Armsy and Bonesaw I could and make Metal Gear style nanomachines.
>>
>read through chapter 1 until scene with Weaver in the park before Behemoth in the matter of days
>"Man Echidna was too much I need a break before I can continue this breakneck pacing"
>still haven't finished it after months
Jesus Christ, almost feels like I might as well wait for the edited version and just reread that one.
Fuck that pacing, I don't know whether the best course of action would be to add more down time in between or to cut up the action we already have in smaller pieces.
>>
>>49027882
Are you me? At this point I feel like I know how most of the story is going to go anyway from too much fanfiction.
>>
>>49029110
You don't.

>>49027882
Yeah, the pacing is shot to hell. Literally 3 months. Wildbow said he'd probably change that in the edit.
>>
>>49029153
That's really all I want to see. That and some Weaver slice of Life.
>>
>>49029792
The problem with Weaver SoL is all Weaver does on her downtime is prepare for confrontations. It's something that gets mentioned later on as one of the reasons people don't like her.

Some of the other characters that actually go out and have some fun would be cool. The ones without horrible mental issues.
>>
>>49027882

Honestly, once you read though Taylor's unmasking, you've seen the best Worm has to offer. Everything involving Weaver is a hot mess, especially the timeskip. Wait for the rewrite. Worm desperately needs some more downtime injected at certain points.
>>
>>49027882

As to how to fix Worm, Wildbow should jettison literally everything after Taylor turns herself in and before Golden Morning, including maybe Behemoth. It's so hard to care about the story once every character you came to know is cut out from under you, and the fact that Taylor spends vastly more time in-universe with the Wards than the Undersiders is a huuuuge problem, given that we spend a million words getting to know the Undersiders, and almost none getting to know the literallywho Wards team.
>>
>>49021030
WHERE
>>
>>49030946
Still cooking. I'd rather have a little buffer before starting putting out chapters.
>>
>>49006922
That's cause Leet got fucked over by the "shard wants conflict" bit by being a coward, so his power was phoning it in to get him killed. Combine that with the "you can only build it once", and he's clearly on the decline by the time the story starts.

Uber's just stuck carrying his buddy with a utility power.
>>
>>49031030
Also, according to Wildbow people often overestimate what Uber and Leet are capable of. For Uber he said it might be better to say he learns techniques rather than skills. I take that as him not getting much breadth at any given time.

Victor is the far superior skillmonkey even though his is more annoying to set up.
>>
>>49031164
>Victor
>Monkey

heh
>>
Is there a reason why some powers are far stronger than others? Also, how would progression be handled in a campaign if powers don't change?
>>
>>49031658
Because the world isn't fair. Giving some powers less restrictions making them more powerful leads to others gravitating to them, and getting into fights with other parahuman organizations, conflict, the goal of the shards. And then there's the Cauldron ones which are kinda randomy.

For progression a lot of it will be having more ways to use the power you already have or learning supplementary skills. Like Taylor getting better with swarm senses and applying capsicum to them, a Brute learning proper martial arts, Bitch acquiring a Wolf, a Thinker getting connections with some important people.

Some powers are a lot easier to show progression in, like Tinkers and psuedo-Tinkers like Chevalier or Dauntless, or those with a broad spectrum of applications like Vista or Assault. Others like Flechette or Miss Militia might not progress too much but will always be a threat. It's kind of an inconsistent mess with each character advancing very differently and you kinda just have to accept it.
>>
>>49031658
Some people had a double trigger. This means that they, after they triggered a first time, were so overwhelmed by the new sensation of having powers that they trigger again.
Wildbow said that this is what happened to Taylor. In the locker she gained the power to sense insects all around her, her mind was permanently overloaded since insects are basically everywhere so in the hospital she triggered again with the power of not only controlling the insects but also having unlimited multitasking involving her power which is essentially the only reason her powers are actually worth a shit.

For progression, I guess you can still progress the framework of the characters life. Doing jobs brings money which they can use for better weapons and equipment, surely it must be satisfying for the character to show off their first proper expensive costume that isn't just thrown together from stuff laying around their house but actually custom made. Maybe also the reputation, as the PCs start making an impression on the world things are sure to change up for them.
>>
>>49032523
That's kinda misrepresenting second triggers. Second triggers occur when a cape has another worst day of their life pretty much, preferably in the same vein as their original trigger event. We know Grue had one, we can assume Narwhal had one and was thus able to bypass the Manton limit, and it's heavily implied that Taylor after triggering with the ability to control insects, and the sensory overload combined with it not actually fucking helping her led to the her second trigger.

And according to WoG they aren't straight powerups, they generally do more harm than good. They release restrictions and explore another use or aspect of the power, but there is a cost and the restrictions are often there for damn good reasons.
>>
>>49032689
Grue was way more withdrawn and skittish after he became a fridge right?
>>
>>49032847
I think he also couldn't fight for extended periods of time anymore, like during Echidna right before the last assault he started blanking out and Imp had to take him home.
>>
>>49032941
That sounds rough as shit, holy fuck. No wonder he let Taylor do the do with him afterwards.
>>
File: Sweating.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sweating.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>>49033042
>'bout to get your shit kicked in by a dragon man
>lady shows up out of nowhere in a freaky bug costume
>sics her swarm on dragon man
>melts his crotch off
>later cuts out his eyes
>she's crushing on you

Poor guy
>>
>>49033076
...fuck I would be terrified too
and then later when she picks up the thing where she makes her voice echo through her swarm
sweet baby jesus she would be intimidating
>>
>>49033109
And that's why she got the rep she did, despite being a huge dork.

Taylor was just looking to find some self worth, acceptance, and respect via superheroing and helping people, but, well... yeah.

Hope she manages to find some happiness after all that shit. Not sure if I'd want to see her in the sequel - knowing Wildblow it'd just be more shit for her to slog through.
>>
>>49033283
>Worm Sequel
>Taylor's first scene is fighting MEGASCION
>UltraUndersiders show up to save her
>UberEchidna hinted at
>>
>>49033283
shit went south
real fucking fast.
>>
>>49033380
>Taylor Hebert just wants a quiet life
>>
>>49033494
>Years after Golden Morning
>Taylor's in college, working a shitty part time job
>some psycho fresh-trigger cape shows up and holds everyone hostage
>"oh not this shit again"
>just wait it out, Taylor, don't be a hero, don't do shit, just FUCKING LET THEM TAKE CARE OF IT KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN
>"Heroes" show up
>they're screwing everything up
>oh god we're all gonna die
>this is so fucking dumb
>I'm going to fucking die here becau-
*SPACEWHALE*
>...QA, is that you?

HALPING

>...I guess it just couldn't last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA
>>
>>49033283
I think she will remain firmly seated on the bench in Worm 2. There is no way she can ever plausibly return to Earth Bet, as literally everyone will want to kill or use her.

At most, we may get something about TT looking in on her from time to time, but I doubt that any of the original main characters will feature that prominently in the sequel.

>>49033550

Honestly, I'd prefer it if she didn't get the powers back and still went apeshit on someone.
>>
>>49033610
>I'M SICK OF ALL THESE GOD DAMN CAPES IN MY GOD DAMN ALPH EARTH
>>
>>49033610
>A decade after Golden Morning, in some Earth where errant Shards bereft of actual guidance still attempt to play out their game.
>Taylor eventually became an English teacher at some college, following her mother's footsteps.
>She's kind, but distant. Strict, but fair and a damn good educator.
>No powers, and has adamantly refused Parahuman healing, she doesn't want to risk going Khepri again.
>Some two-bit scumfuck cape holds students hostage during an assembly.
>Taylor, using her prosthetic arm as a bludgeon, comes up from behind them and beats them into puddle of broken limbs.
>>
File: BestThread.gif (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
BestThread.gif
21KB, 350x350px
>>
>>49033735

If only she could kick back and shoot the shit with Ballistic. Dude was chill af.
>>
>>49033861
Op here.

such an honer.
>>
>>49015067
I can't deny it
>>
>>49033283
All she wanted was friends and feeling like a hero, but NOOOOOOO, fucking Tattletale, you gotta entice her to a life of crime and let her keep escalating and next thing you know she's mindcontrolling everyone.
>>
Reminder that Contessa did nothing wrong.
>>
>>49003183
What is worm's shadow? When I googled it shadows of mordor tips came up.
>>
>>49036587
No such thing. This is the Worm [Shadow General], because there's a Worm RPG and thus we can have a thread on /tg/ to talk about it, while /lit/ will just talk shit about it and /co/ will go ">>/lit/".
>>
>>49036587
It's a web novel called Worm, you can find it here:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
It's another take on the "realistic superhero" thing that Watchmen started, it's long as fuck and the author is only now in the process of editing it but apart from that and the rough beginning it's a good read.

And "shadow" refers to "shadow general", webnovels don't really have any place on 4chan to be discussed so sometimes people come here to talk about it and since there is an official Worm RPG made by the author himself it is /tg/ related too.

The RPG is called Weaver Dice and still a work in progress, but the most interesting feature the character creation is already finished. You can give it a read here it's a really neat idea
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>49036501
Pretty sure Contessa is borderline autistic with how much she relies on her power, and Doctor Mother usually makes any important choices.

She's basically a tool.
>>
>>49034050
You mean Assault.
>>
>>49037506
No. Ballistic went back to Earth Aleph, and was chill. If Taylor got dumped on Aleph (very unlikely), they could meet.
>>
>>49037561

Taylor literally was dumped on Aleph.
>>
>>49038444
Nope.
>>
Would anyone here have done the ending a bit different to make better use of the foreshadowing that had build up/not completely scrap the setting after all that worldbuilding effort/have a better final villain who isn't just "Lavos, but somehow with less personality"?
>>
>>49037561
I honestly have a hard time even remembering any of their personalities, not saying they were bland but I vaguely remember Ballistic getting less screen time than the others.
Ballistic was the guy who kept his costume instead of stripping naked like the rest did before returning to Aleph right?
Whose decision was it to name the earth that was first to discover the other one "Earth Bet"? Did Aleph get pissy about not having that much cool cape stuff like Endbringers and at least wanted to be called the primary earth or else they won't share information?
>>
>>49038569

Who the fuck called them "Aleph and bet" instead of actual cool names anyhow?
>>
>>49038600
autist scientists in charge of naming each other, that's who
>>
>>49038600

Aleph is a pretty cool name, tbqh.
>>
>>49011437
holy shit i commissioned that comic from a friend. didn't know it's getting reposts now! (he browses /tg/ too)
>>
>>49038532
Butcher sudokus on Contessa.

Butcher with Path to Victory. Be afraid.
>>
>>49040324

>An idiot with PtV

We're prolly fine, just wait for him to fuck it up.
>>
we need a new thread
>>
>>49040886
Somebody get on it!
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.