[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cardfight Vanguard on /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: SDD.jpg (270KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SDD.jpg
270KB, 1000x1000px
Hey /tg/, I was thinking I should start a Vanguard discussion thread here.

Any questions on what the game is?
Who's playing?
Need any help?
I have no clue on how to start a thread, help.
>>
File: G-TCB01-019EN-RR.png (1MB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
G-TCB01-019EN-RR.png
1MB, 543x800px
You know, I always thought this game had some potential. The concept seemed fresh enough. Weeb aesthetics would put off MtG players, but in my mind they should have had no problems picking up Yugioh players.

The show was actually pretty good too, especially how amped up it got during the Link Joker arc, but I kinda checked out during G. I played the 3DS games and still kind of follow it.
There should be an official simulator coming out soon, it's been delayed for a few months though.

Anyone know of any good news sites for it now that the really good blogspot one is dead?

Football clan best clan.
>>
Perhaps a Bushiroad general would get more discussion, by including Weiss and Buddyfight and L&L.

It's really weeb for /tg/ but an entire company of CCGs seems to be weirdly ignored and pretty much every LFGS I know sells their stuff and hosts tournaments so...
>>
File: G-BT05-004EN-RRR_(Sample).jpg (337KB, 349x508px) Image search: [Google]
G-BT05-004EN-RRR_(Sample).jpg
337KB, 349x508px
>>48998160
>LFGS I know sells their stuff and hosts tournaments so...
Lucky. I don't live within 2 hours in any direction from a shop that plays vanguard. Shame too, I was really intrigued by it.
>>
The biggest problem with Vanguard is trigger checking, entire game can be lost because you didnt block at three damage, or you can lose because your opponent got a heal.

While it is far from the worst card game on the market, it is FAR too deep in the luck factor, even for a card game.
>>
>>48998276
>entire game can be lost because you didnt block at three damage, or you can lose because your opponent got a heal.
That sounds like the victory was decided through your plays, and you and your opponent's deck construction.
>>
>>48998443
I cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Do you understand how triggers work?

I will give you a similar scenario where you are at three damage and you block two to pass.

Your opponent deals three anyway because they got crits and you do not flip a heal trigger since that is the only thing that could save you at that point.

If you were being sarcastic I'm sorry but it is hard to tell on a message board.
>>
File: BT13-005EN-RRR.png (1MB, 542x800px) Image search: [Google]
BT13-005EN-RRR.png
1MB, 542x800px
>>48998276
The game can be extremely cruel in that regard, but ultimately the choices you make in the game put you in unfavorable, or very favorable situations, trigger or no. If you get triple critted and get knocked out right there, then maybe you shouldn't have let the first 3 damage through in the early game.

That being said, sometimes you can make every move as correct as it can be and still get out-sacked to a shitter.
>>
>>48998497
That is what I mean, it's a half decent game, but damn triggers really reward you for doing nothing.
>>
>>48998521
Might I suggest Luck and Logic, where the luck element is reduced somewhat.
>>
>>48996042
I got interested in it a few weeks ago. I'd love to play Vanguard with physical cards, but I have a complex problem that prevents me from playing any /tg/-related games (except maybe Magic) IRL.

For those who don't know, there is semi-manual CFV simulator, search "Cardfight Area".
>>
>>48998160
Yeah, a proper Bushiroad discussion would be ideal.
>>
>>48996042
Man, I'm still salty from when he first came out.

Gold paladins and Duke can suck a cock
>>
>>48998160
As someone who's only tried a few trial deck vs trial deck games, how is Weiss? From my experience, it's one of the worst tcgs I've played. Luck mostly determines damage (climaxes), and the pace of the game is fucking terrible, by level 1 one player usually has the advantage, and rides it out to victory over the remaining 75% of the game, because you only gain stock from attacks, and the player under pressure can't keep enough attackers to fill their front line and keep attacking, and they're put in the position of keeping cards in play with encore or saving their stock for higher level cards, while the dominant player accumulates enough for both, easily. Again, this was only trial decks, though, although the problems seem more structural than rooted in individual cards.

It doesn't help that even though I have yet to try Vanguard or L&L, there seems to be several repeated motifs among them that prioritizes lucky flips and overall just does not lead to fun, dynamic games.
Wixoss best japanese tcg.
>>
>>49001350
>Wixoss best japanese tcg.
I have heard L&L is very damn close to it.
>>
>>48996042
Haven't played, but picked up a booster once on a whim. I will say I really like the templating of the card abilities. Despite being on a yugioh-sized card, the text is much better at communicating what the card does clearly and concisely.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.