[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twewy/ - The World Ends With You TTRPG - Thread #13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: this right here.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
this right here.pdf
1B, 486x500px
"Got drunk last night so I couldn't bump" edition.

What is the World Ends With You?
It's a strikingly original Square Enix action RPG from 2008 for the Nintendo DS about trust, collective consciousness, desperation, imagination and fabulous outfits. Characters are swept into the Underground, a parallel dimension linked to major urban centers, where they run through a 7-day gauntlet of tasks and trials by higher-plane beings called Reapers. Band together and win the Reapers' Game and you have a shot at returning to the Real World. Fail, and you face erasure.

>What is this?
This is a /tg/ Homebrew RPG based on the above game. It's designed to be fast, simple and exciting, and it adapts virtually all of the mechanics from the source game to a form optimized for a tabletop experience. Most importantly, we've striven to preserve its core themes of cooperation, psychic powers and elaborate fashions.

>What system are you using?
We've adapted the core resolution mechanic from another Tabletop game Tenra Bansho Zero into our system. Roll a pool of dice based on your Stats, and count each die that's under your Skill or Psych as a success. It's fast, easy and dynamic. Characters only have four Stats based on your strength of will and mental condition, and only 9 Skills; mixing and matching Stats with Skills creates unique actions, such as rolling Protect:Rhythm to block a punch or Protect:Flow to dodge out of the way.

To flesh out your character, you come-up with free-form Tags like "The Gambler"or "Street Smarts" which describe unique elements of your character's personality and background which fills in the gaps in your Skills. Altogether, character creation takes all of five minutes.

Combat is fast and emphasizes cooperation. Players fight as a team, sharing their a common pool of HP and passing buffs to one another so that a different Player gets to the the superstar of each Round. Range is abstract, numbers are small and the action is lightning quick.
>>
File: Scene Creator.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Scene Creator.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>What have you done so far?
Here's our main document, which contains all of our ideas recorded en masse. We're currently in the process of transcribing this into a properly composed PDF.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/15kJXvBVinsbst0tMWmzwaUj5ddk0hotd3nifw3Hs720/edit

And here's a new Thread Roller:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BjZMISS3zeRP4F8t0ZUtGpizFDeQWzJgiPoshp_sK3o/edit#gid=0

And linked is what we have so far for the Scenario Roller.

>What's up this weekend?
Working on the Scenario Roller, and once that's done, I guess playtesting.
>>
>>48994945
Just to keep the thread alive, how about instead of bumps, we roll from the thread roller and coteur matrix? Maybe whip up a description?
>>
>>48997199
Certainly! Feel free to make scenarios and threads all you like!

And I'm fairly certain that we need more than the two characters I have written up and one that Rhythm+Flow made, so feel free to whip up a few characters.
>>
>>48994779
please do everyone a service and take this trainwreck off of life support
>>
>>48997927
Hey, thanks for the bump man!
>>
>>48997774
Well, i did make Leon
Don't have his sheet because i'm on mobile
>>
>>48998692
My main point is that yes, building characters is important.
>>
Hi, just checking in over here. I've been super busy because I got hired at a new job so that I can continue to afford tabletop shit. I'll be able to contribute again soon, I hope.
>>
>>49001860
That's good to hear!

As I said in the previous thread, it might not be a bad idea for the thread to take a week off. The past two weeks have been mostly bumps and me and Jazzman chipping away at the Reaper Sports. A week off could help everyone get back fresh and ready to contribute more, like Stat Brigade Member.
>>
>>49002178
Alright, I guess I'll see you guys around.

I'll probably check in every now and then if the thread's up though.
>>
>>49002949
Yes indeed; I'll be around as always. Regardless of what happens we've put together some extremely solid work and have made far more progress towards a playable game than most /tg projects ever get. I'm excited to come back at it refreshed and ready to crank out our more crunch in honor of this awesome game.
>>
>>48997199
Does anyone have the couture mayrix?
>>
>>49005269
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1850Ubwvdlqe0_9hk176tZ91-ykkJFlHX2XeS2VAA5Gw/edit
There's also a link to it in the Main Document
>>
>>49006028
Oh
My bad
>>
>>49002178
If the thread isn't reposted in exactly a week since dying, I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>49006840
>>49006840
If I end up making it, it would probably be the day after Labor Day.
>>
>>49006840
I'll make sure to watch the thread, just for you Anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.