[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 42

File: New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg (4MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg
4MB, 1801x5825px
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread:>>48941875

Previously: Desperate levels of life support, serious masochism, deep insight into the afterlife

Writefagging last time: What does this look like, a flake thread?

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
>>48993087
Yey!
>>
File: New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png (2MB, 1801x1665px) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png
2MB, 1801x1665px
>>48993087
>>
File: Vronak but not gay.png (674KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Vronak but not gay.png
674KB, 1562x1186px
Psst, hey
when is he going in the flake sheet?
>>
>>48993204
When this sheet is purged and a new one is made, the latest flakes who aren't on this sheet will probably be the first ones on the next. So VtS, Thane, probably Ussa and RFA's vampire bitch, plus all of Bradford's guys are probably bound for the new sheet for example.
>>
>>48993256
The difficulty is that flakes often drive the snow anon to drink.
>>
>>48993480
CONFOUND THOSE SNOWFLAKES
THEY DRIVE ME TO DRINK
>>
>>48993870
You try it.
Fun fact. The first snow anon became plague lord.
>>
Can I get a list of the flakes that have been made since the last update? I was thinking of starting the newt sheet.
>>
>>48995086
>I was thinking of starting the newt sheet.
Was that intentional?
>>
File: Thane, roilmage.png (2MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Thane, roilmage.png
2MB, 1562x1186px
>>48995086
Well, here's Thane.
He's probably about to drop the black for blue if that affects the sheet at all.
>>
>>48995105
No, and I can't even blame autocorrect this time
I really have cock on my face
>>
File: bluefingers_sheet.png (2MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
bluefingers_sheet.png
2MB, 1562x1406px
>>48995086
bwoop

Real life kicked me in the dick but I'm back. Just in time for the end of the storm, apparently.
>>
File: haathe_sheet_fix.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
haathe_sheet_fix.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
>>48995265
>>48995086
Aaaaand bwoop.

Praea is a Snowstorm 1 holdover so you've already got her.
>>
>>48995265
I never exceptionally like the demon thing.
Blue fingers still a cute though.
>>
File: Color template.png (98KB, 478x747px) Image search: [Google]
Color template.png
98KB, 478x747px
Flakesheet color template
>>
>>48995490
Ohey, it's this. Are we trying this again? Is that just for new flakes?
>>
>>48995569
I'm going to try and do it.
>>
File: Wyston Color Template.png (195KB, 478x747px) Image search: [Google]
Wyston Color Template.png
195KB, 478x747px
>>48995490
>>48995601
Let me just re-post this then...
>>
One last checkerino before bed time!

>>48993256
Senpai noticed me!

>>48995490
I'll add it to my list of stuff to do tomorrow. I finally have a free day!
>>
File: Phyrexian Gargantua.jpg (79KB, 567x412px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Gargantua.jpg
79KB, 567x412px
Bump.
>>
>>48998928
It's interesting to note how completely robotic the gargantua looks in its art. Do you think if the card was made in this day and age by the team as they are currently rather than as they were back then, it would have been a colored artifact creature rather than a normal black creature?
>>
>>48999217
?
>>
>>49000039
Like, obviously mechanical creatures nowadays are designed as artifacts regardless of whether or not they are colored because the concept of colored artifacts has already been established during the alara block. What I'm asking is, if creatures like the gargantua, which were made before colored artifacts were a thing and its black coloring was more important than its mechanical nature, didn't exist and were made now, after the convention of colored artifacts was established, would they have been made colored artifact creatures rather than just colored creatures?
>>
>>49000100
That's phyrexian and phyrexian stuff was mostly black back in the days. If you do a gatherer research real quick, you'd notice there were very few artifact phyrexian creatures- we are talking something like ten or so. Old Phyrexia is all about modifying living creautres, without necessarily making them full artifacts (although, the theme of artificial implements is consistent in them) and card-wise was all about black. So the line between black creature and artifact creature gets very blurry with old Phyrexia, and I think back in the days they didn't really WANT TO make many artifact creatures. Funny thing is, no, Phyrexian Gargantua was reprinted, and looks like an horrible walking nightmare of flesh and purple tentacles. Probably they changed the art to avoid that exact question: why is this not an artifact creature? So, issue addressed by Wizard itself.
>>
>>49000327
Oh, I am fully aware of old phyrexia cards and of gargantua's new art, I was more trying to discuss how fluff and crunch, and the interaction between have changed from then to now. I think, if the current standards and concepts were applied to the development process of old phyrexia, many of the colored normal creatures would be colored artifact creatures, just as many colored artifacts now would have either been colorless, or nonartifact had they been made back then. The concept of colored artifacts was a pretty impressive door-opening move on magic's part in regards to future developments in phyrexian creatures, and I think the idea of colorless nonartifacts, while currently almost exclusively eldrazi, will yield neat ideas in the future as well. What big changes to magic and the interaction between fluff and crunch have you noticed over the course of magic's evolution? The grand creature type update is certainly one.
>>
>>49000388
I get the feeling that they didn't want a faction to be "artifact faction" back then. Maybe they thought it would lead it to lose personality, maybe because Invasion came after a very artifact-heavy set like Urza's, and Invasion's theme was all about colors. Maybe they were also afraid artifacts, being easily cast without any color being needed, would have been too strong if they were to release too many of them. it isn't uncommon for old artifacts to be grossly overpriced, probaly to counter the lack of colored mana in their cost- mana fix was not as prominent in the days of yore aside from alpha lands.
After mirrodin they grew much more relaxed with artifacts overall. To the point of releasing artifacts with color in their cost- which probably means they went past the idea that the strenght of aritfacts was in their casting cost (or at least that there was the BIGGEST strenght of artifacts) and realized it came mostly form the simple interactions of the Artifact type.
But I could be wrong.
>>
>>49000484
I personally think that the reason they didn't make many of the phyrexians artifacts was simply because phyrexia had to be the important black faction, and they had simply never thought "wait, what if we make some of them artifacts but ALSO black?" Not that they didn't want to make an all-artifact faction, but that at that point in time it had never occurred to them to do something so outlandish. Artifacts at this point in time were represented by a solid, thick dark color representing either rust or dark stone, and at the time multicolored things were still a pretty hot gimmick, albeit not as rare as they once were, so mixing the idea of "artifact" which had its own perceived immutable pseudocolor identity with legitimate color beyond its abilities would have been pretty out there an idea for the time. Alara was an impressive groundbreaker with its introduction of colored artifacts not only as a concept, but as an entire faction. I wonder how long it will be before we look back on Theros in similar light?
>>
>>49000599
No one is going to look back upon Theros and think anything other than "Fuckin' Bile Blight."
>>
>>49000695
I'm going to look back and think "fishtits fought titfish. heh", but other than that I agree in how unremarkable it was.
>>
>>49000599
I see thy point, but I wouldn't know if agreeing or not- mostly because we have no way to actually get final answer going just by supposition. I don't think they didn't THINK of artifact faction, I think they didn't want to have one. Weird enough, the Thran as well were blue rather than artifact.
Going by a quick search in the gatherer actually, there is a sudden shift from "artifact phyrexia" to "black phyrexia" just after the Ice Age block, which means that phyrexia became black-centered when it became a definite black faction of horror, zombies and minions instead of "robot from another world wreckin' our shit".

I honestly hope we never look back at Theros with any favor. I think it completely failed in conveying an an actual sense of greek mythology, and instead just looked and sounded like some hollywood movie or cheap series loosely based on ancient greek myths and as much as Lucy lawless arouses me, no. That was supposed to be srs bsnss, not Xena.
But this is jsut me being overly butthurt cause historyfag and all.
>>
>>49000725
>thy
Also I liked Theros because it wasn't just Greek myths everywhere.
Also the uncharted realms were pretty good.
>>
>>49000768
Tastes, I guess. I would have liked something more on the line of Kamigawa when it comes to flavor- and I reckon a lot of people didn't like Kamigawa back then, although that was more because they really fucked up mechanically on a bunch of things. It's the same complaint for both theros and kahns really- pretty much everything is stereotyped to the pop culture version on it. Kinda don't like this approach.
>>
>>49000768
...though now that I give it a look the UR were kinda ok. Not good, not bad.
Conspiracy 2, conspiracy 2 I like, on a flavor point of view. I get the feelings it takes the right amount of historical references but builds something interesting over it. Been waiting this Italian set for a while...
...and then... you give me a set that's not even legal in half the formats. T-thanks wotc, that is exactly what I wanted...
>>
>>49001062
>Complaining about Commander Masters
lookit this pleb
>>
>>49001090
I mean it's cool but I run MonoB commander so it is fuckign nothing!
>>
>>49000803
There was also when people who weren't into japanese mythology got confused and unimmersed
>>
>>49001161
>mono b
>not having multiple commander decks.
>>
>>49002546
All my commander decks include white, none of them include black. I'm just racist like that.
>>
>>49002527
How I said, tastes. That's just my two cents.
>>49002599
>literally hitler
>>49002546
I am not a rich person and my money rarely goes to magic. Hance, only one commander and only one color to avoid expensive dual lands.
>>
>>49002599
Also, black has the sexiest angels. Deal with it.
>>
File: Akroma.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Akroma.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>49002730
Sexy black angels?
>>
>>49002790
Literally the best of ALL worlds.
Also pro white to defend herself against angel hitlers such as you.
>>
>>49002827
What, you mean Crypt Angel?

Man, card design got a little weird back then. Whose idea was it to make a mono-black angel with pro white whose job is to support the ally colors?
>>
>>49003510
No idea, but still one of my favorite angel. I stil am not sure if it is supposed to be a phyrexian angel or some sort of urborg-corrupted angel. Supporting allied colors tho well ,that's what Invasion was all about, remember the X-scape mages and the emissaries cicles?
And anyway every time you see something weird in mtg, remember Homeland and Legends have been a thing. On SOME things wizard has indeed improved a lot.
>>
>>49002644
I'm a wage slave at Target and I have multiple decks from my collection and occasionally by more expensive pieces.
>>
>>49004234
Yeah ok man, not everyone wants to spend all their money on magic. What is the problem in playing only what you can afford? Magic is an hobby for me ,after all, and not somethign I do competitively.
>>
>>49004278
I get that, just giving you a hard time for being mono black.
>>
>>49005306
>mfw when the white privilege is not as much of a thing as is the Bluearchy
Fantasy racism is as cruel as it is colorful.
>>
>>49005360
I'm red for life.
>>
>>49005408
Wolololo
>>
>>49005408
I used to play mostly red, and got the most mileage in competetive with it, but once you go black you never go back...
>>49005467
...well damn son, well played.
>>
>>49005621
You like that bbd?
>>
>>49007413
What, big black Demon? Of course, I always make sure to have one in my hand.
>>
>>49007473
No not that
Big
Black
D_ck
>>
>>49007529
Big Black Duck?
>>
>>49007561
>>49007529
I dunno, duck look like a Blue thing. As much as I enjoy my Cruel Control decklist, there is no ducks there. Or is that the new codename for Rakkor?
>>
>>49007561
Obviously he's saying
Big
Black
Deck
I mean, 100 cards makes for a pretty big stack to most non-EDH player's eyes. Especially when it's all sleeved up.
>>
>>49007606
Huh, spoilers completely failed to go off in that post.
>>
>>49007606
Ah well yeah I can totally confirm, my Sidisi EDH is pretty tall and heavy, also cause I use pretty fancy sleeves on it.
Test test, cause they failed in mine too
>>
>>49007630
Yeah, all properly sleeved up a good black deck is usually pretty thick too. It might be hard for some people to hold it all with one hand. Especially if you're playing with a black commander like Kaalitas, since he likes to bring a whole gang of tokens with him to join in on the fun.
>>
File: RWAIFU.jpg (337KB, 750x519px) Image search: [Google]
RWAIFU.jpg
337KB, 750x519px
Just got back from FNM, Conspiracy is pretty cool. acquired new waifu.
>>
>>49008807
>waifu
I see no Marchesa, what are you on about?
>>
>>49009611
>supporting that regicidal tart instead of the just and upstanding captain of the guard
Pah. Next thing you know, these people will be throwing their lots in with the goblins!
>>
>>49008807
So she'll go crazy next conspiracy set?
>>
>>49009978
Yeah, then smoosh into her sister and become a spaghetti monster.
>>
>>49010039
Nah, she's going to become a tyrant and then jace will kill her.
>>
>>49011115
>Become a tyrant
Why, she's already a tyrant! Murdered the Eternal King, she did!
>>
>>49009611
My buddy pulled a Marchesa, Kaya, two Inquisitions, and Adriana.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
If your flake got one wish, what would they wish for?
>>
>>49012359
See, that's interesting in regards to my flake. Because of the way he works, if given enough time, he can get whatever he wishes for, so honestly I think he'd only wish for less time spent between him wanting and him getting.
>>
>>49012359
For this storm to end.
>>
>>49012359
Starke would wish to bring her friend who got killed because of her back
Jorge would wish for his clan to be brought back.
Anna has gotten to the point where she decided her previous self was a shitter, so maybe a good burger?
Hondick wishes to find some Phyrexians
The Cathar wishes to get Daisy back
Newt's good, she doesn't trust things claiming to be in charge.
>>
>>49013181
Ayyyy

>>49012359
>Serena wishes for Avacyn to come back
>Wish is twisted somehow, either Avacyn comes back as the Purifier or as some kind of zombie angel.
Never accept wishes. Just look at spooder mom.
>>
File: Avacyn Twice Returned.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Avacyn Twice Returned.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49013547
>Avacyn comes back
oh yes, this is a concept that is fun to play with
>>
>>49013656
I like the idea of a DFC that is an Urn with her ashes in on the front size and her resurrected on the rear.

The absolute best flavour win for me would be if the flip trigger was 'Fateful hour', I know it's a mechanic that will never be seen again but the idea that when the need is greatest Avacyn rises again is pretty neato.
>>
File: Archangel's Remnants.jpg (74KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Archangel's Remnants.jpg
74KB, 752x523px
>>49013770
So this, then.
>>
>>49013656
That doesn't work as the flip side only exists when it is transformed on the battlefield so you couldn't return her with that.
>>
>>49013971
That's a single sided card that can only be cast from the graveyard, dude, not a flip card.
>>
>>49014001
1 the lack of mana cost and indicator circle show it is the back side.
If you want do that, it would use Startled Awake's formatting.
>>
>>49014053
I'll take the formatting tip, but why would anyone ever post just the back side of a double faced card? Plus, it lacks the dfc symbol in the upper left.
>>
>>49014082
I don't know, but the lack of cost and the color circle before the creature type is something that appears exclusively on the backs of DFCs
>>
>>49014118
The color circle is there because it's an automatic function of MSE to show that a card, despite having no mana cost, is still colored. Also, incorrect. Lotus Bloom is not a double faced card, yet lacks a mana cost.
>>
>>49014149
Ok, so it doesn't have a cost or suspend cost.
Why didn't you put a cost in?
>>
File: 21.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>49014118
The color indicator is something they've added to everything that lacks a mana cost, and things that doin't have mana costs have been printed before. Basically you have to cheat it onto the battlefield or use it's abilities to get it out.
An example to show he did it right.
>>
File: Avacyn Twice Returned.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Avacyn Twice Returned.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49014229
Because you can't cast it normally. That's the point of the card.
>>
>>49014229
Because it can't be cast. Only put onto the battlefield from the graveyard.
Even a 0 in the cost means it could be cast, while a suspend spell is still cast.
>>
>>49014268
Ok, I get that now. Still don't like it a whole lot.
>>
>>49012359
>Remes
He's a coward. His wish is for immortality, because then he could continue doing his work without the looming fear of death. Which is foolish on his part, because he knows there are other fates out there that are worse.

>Cala
"I wish that I knew everything."
And that's how we get a second firemind.

>Jakrol
Power, probably. Which he would enjoy until he realized just how hollow his life actually is, eventually drinking his way to his end.

>Winifred
A book of spells that can give her information on any spell that she needs or wants to know. She can already live forever as long as she isn't murdered, so why not expand your terrible options?

>Wyston
For peace and prosperity to reign in the land for all time.
>>
>>49012359
>Leon
At the end of the Battle of Thraben? Probably just to go home again, where the worst he had to deal with was potentially running an empire.
>Maxwell
Fame and fortune. which he would enjoy for a while before figuring out that performing is something he loves more than money.
>Yao Shen
A great beast to slay. He's a simple man. He kills things.
>>
File: -1535.jpg (107KB, 714x890px) Image search: [Google]
-1535.jpg
107KB, 714x890px
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jSIpLoSNIOJAKPRoku8BOqVneF5NjKVumfla0r0AVLs/edit?usp=sharing
As promised before RL shit pulled me away, Praea/Bluefingers lewds. Contains rampant lesbianism and gentle femdom.
Not so much hardcore fucking as just bouncing the characters off each other in a lewd situation. That's more fun to me.
>>
File: Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Also I have a new flake but I'm hesitant to post a sheet for her so close to the end of the storm. Should I just wait for the next?
>>
>>49016841
Possibly best to just save it? It's pretty spoopy though.

Also that card is hilariously bad, like Tibalt bad.
>>
>>49016841
Those abilities seem really monoblack.
>>
>>49011222
I think we can all agree that it was the blade of a deranged assassin to do the deed, a person with no proved link to Marchesa. Long live the Queen.
>>49012359
>Murdock
She would be tempted to ask for a peaceful life in a small plane where planeswlakers can't reach...only to set up for somehing more malicious like the sudden death of everyone who wronged her or that even as much as tried to get near Diomedes senpai.
>>
>>49018472
>what is your wish
ANGELS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And that's how SOI happened.
>>
>>49019139
SOI was an inside job
#MurdocksCanMeltAngelDreams
>>
>>49019229
>>49019139
And there is when she sits down on an armchair made of Belloski's skin, sips the finest of angel tears and chuckles.

J-just according to k-keikaku.
>>
>>49019405
[Muffled Diomedes calling "NERD" from outside the manor window]
>>
>>49019139
>not Serena wanting to see Bruna and Gisela "get together".
>>
File: image.png (5MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5MB, 2560x1600px
>>49019494
Whatchu say, nigga? We're busy hoonin' around.
>>
>>49019513
She wishes all the angels could be together again. She did not like what that turned out to be.
>>
>>49019982
Don't say that, they'll all meld together.
>>
>>49021019
Briselgardacyn
>>
>>49021147
Avacigarbrisela
>>
>>49016841
I kind of agree with >>49018429
That card is sort of Tibalt bad. Her +1 might as well just straight exile the creatures with her -2 being a sort of "Just in case I missed something good in your graveyard" type of thing. Otherwise you have her ult dependant on her minus ability, which is usually flavored as something strenuous or something they sort of don't want to do for you.
Like, at least Karn let you exile stuff straight from your hand.
>>
>>49016841
I really like this card's setup, but it needs a bit of rewording.

+2: Each player reveals the top card of his or her library. Put all creature cards revealed this way into their owner's graveyard. Then each player draws a card.

0: Put target non-artifact creature card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. If you do, then exile it.

-8: Put all creature cards exiled with Sonya, Midnight Visitor onto the Battlefield under your control. They gain indestructible and hexproof, and are Horrors in addition to their other types.

(also, you spelt it "Sonia" in the Planeswalker type.)
>>
>>49023010
I'd go the extra mile and say: -2 put target etc etc etc It gains haste. Exhile it at the end of turn.
>>
>>49023090
I thought about that too. But, that's a red thing. Also, I think it works very well if your deck has a lot of ETB effects.
>>
>>49023138
That was the main idea. Snag ETBs out of the graveyard on the cheap, like an inverse flicker.
>>
>>49023402
I like it. Looks like it would do good in a living dead type deck.
>>
File: Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>49024191
Revised with your wording, struck the commander clause, and made the Horrors in her ultimate black since they're a black iconic.

I think I'll start putting her sheet together even if it won't see the light of day until next storm.
>>
>>49024531
I'm not really seeing any green here.
>>
>>49024633
Would the creature interaction still make sense if she were just Dimir? and h-haha maybe I should take this to /ccg/, I feel bad filling the thread with off-topic
>>
>>49024531
Switch the +2 and the 0. The main ability should be building to the ult, hence why Liliana typically likes discard so you can reanimate the good stuff. With her destroy or deck searching minus abilities there for if no one's getting the good stuff and you have to manipulate the field a bit

Currently her card would be like releasing a Nissa card that
>+ to ramp up a mountain
>- to ramp up a forest
>Ult doesn't give a shit about her +ability, where are the forests?
>>
Man, when will this cancer just die already?
>>
>>49024657
How is this off-topic, this is literally what this thread is about. "Thy dudes". By the way... yes of course it would, it is still a black thing.
>>
>>49025313
Pretty soon, probably.
>>
Any of you know where to pirate MtG novels?
>>
>>49024531
I actually liked that she could be a commander. I think all flakes should be.
>>
>>49024633
Graveyard interaction is totally a Golgari thing though.
>>
>>49024657
Personally, I would leave it the same. Maybe add in the commander part of you could fit it.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 791x1009px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 791x1009px
Bumperino.
>>
>>49028349
I'm fond of the idea too, there's just a ton of text on her already. Legibility is a concern.

What kind of commander deck would your flake run, /tg/?

And how did y'all do at your first Take the Crown night? I ended up getting multiples of Animus of Predation and facerolling to victory. Deathtouching lifelinking flying vigilant creatures are a bitch, as it turns out.
>>
>>49031467
Oh, it went alright. I was neutralized pretty much immediately due to my Pyretic Hunter(at 10) being countered( by the way, I fucked up entirely on Summoner's Bond, not knowing that it was a cast trigger. If I had known, then I would have maybe been able to put a creature on the board.), then my attempt at removing a big threat (a Garbage Fire at 7) also countered, while the other, non countering guy was the monarch all game because the first guy wasted his counterspells on me. In the end I was reduced to Rogue's Passage-ing the counterspeller's creatures to take out monarch guy because he offered me a pack if I did.
>>
>>49031467
I have keyed most of my flakes to specific decks.
and I didn't do mine last night because I had to work at 9 am this morning.
>>
I'm really happy to see that this is still going after Gaia's departure. I've been distracted by desperately trying to get this damn Dragon deck to work for the past few weeks, but now I think I can focus on putting out new content.
>>
>>49032396
Oi faggot, I've been looking for you all day.
>>
>>49027378
Try the internet.
>>
File: Vanessa Horrors Mistress.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vanessa Horrors Mistress.png
264KB, 375x523px
So Uh... I made Planeshifted Horrormancer Venn.
>>
File: Zeranos Master Manipulator.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zeranos Master Manipulator.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49032968
Have a planeshifted demon Serena too.
>>
>>49033310
>That picture
That's an extreme difference.
>>
>>49033578
Considering Venessa is an EXTREME DIFFERENCE compaired to Venn (Horrormancer vs Blacksmith) I think it makes sense.
>>
>>49033310
>>49033617
now lets see this guy turn into a dragon :3c
>>
>>49033917
...Wait what? What does that have to do with this at all?
>>
>>49033310
+is too high for -. You suck at this. Loyalty is too high to start out in general.
>>
File: Cala, Unhinged.png (233KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
Cala, Unhinged.png
233KB, 375x524px
>>49032968
>>49033310
I'll join in on the fun:
Here's a planeshifted Cala, where the ritual that made her a devilkin made her a demon instead.

Card that mechnically runs crazy by itself ahoy!
>>
>>49034192
Shoot, that second one is supposed to be -3.
>>
>>49033938
Friendo, I am so bad at the crunch side of Magic it's not even funny.
>>
>>49033931
Regular Venn turned into a werewolf to lewd Serena
so Demon Serena lewds planeshifted Venn by turning into a dragon.
>>
>>49034192
That's some fine-ass madness.
>>
>>49034192
First off, use MSE. Cardsmith is shit.

Second, the plus ability is worded in the wrong order. The first sentence should be the second.
>>
File: Cala, Unhinged.png (227KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cala, Unhinged.png
227KB, 375x523px
>>49034535
How's this?
>>
>>49034869
MUCH better.
>>
>>49034192
>>49034452
Fine-ass madness indeed. And flashbacks, too. Goodness gracious, this card has discard synergy.
>>
>>49034869
I like it a lot. Why is Cala so anal puckered?
>>
>>49036009
Because as I explained in this post up here >>49034192, this is the planeshifted version where she was turned into a demon instead of a devil. Her spark stopped her from dying, but she went mad from the revelation.
>>
>>49036082
And yes, I know there aren't female demons. It's snowflake nonsense, I just wanted to theorize the concept and I couldn't find any other art in my folders that would be suitable alternative versions of my characters
>>
>>49036114
Well, that's almost true, anyway. Lady Orca exists.
>>
>>49032669
I did. The Kamigawa cycle at least is incredibly difficult to find.
>>
File: Dangerous Games.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dangerous Games.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
whoops I praea'd.
>>
>>49037976
>Tap, R
...damn son.
>>
>>49037976
you want to make it an extremely dangerous game? an extremely extremely dangerous game? make it so any player can activate either ability
>>
>>49038155
I fucking love it.
>>
>>49036170
Yeah but legends can hardly be used as an example
>>
>>49038155
This.

Also, your phrasing needs work.

>Target player flips a coin. If they win the flip, Dangerous Games deals damage to you equal to the number of charge counters removed from Dangerous Games in this way. If they lose the flip, Dangerous Games deals damage to them equal to the number of charge counters removed from Dangerous Games in this way.

See, if you don't do it that way, there's literally no chance of harming yourself.
>>
>>49037976
That's dumb. You can only deal damage to yourself with that card. It says Flip a coin. Meaning you flip. Not everyone else also.
>>
>>49037976
>>49039122
It needs to say "Each player flips a coin". Also, the put a charge counter" ability needs to be first.
>>
File: image.png (188KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188KB, 500x381px
Your flake is poisoned with a rare virus and HAS to go on a quest to fight an unknown ancient evil to obtain the cure. And your flake HAS to take two other flakes (that you didn't create) with them. Who does your flake choose?
>>
>>49039982
>Remes
Takes Iosha and Del, if possible. He's not likely to survive this quest, but he imagines that if he does, he will attempt to betray and rob the both of them at the end of it.

>Cala
Belloski and Murdock, whom she has been previously affiliated with. Whether they like it or not, and promising Belloski more than the fair share of anything that they find.

>Jakrol
Whoever the two most meek flakes are, by attempting to bully them into helping him.

>Winifred
Dyna and Iosha again. GIRL'S NIGHT OUT!

>Wyston
Diomedes and Serena. Color share, and he has the blue to tie that very capable group together.
>>
>>49040588
>Jakrol
Whoever the two most meek flakes are, by attempting to bully them into helping him.
Mono W Serena was a massive push over.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 318x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 318x444px
Bumpin' Isn't Easy!
>>
>>49042796
Stop bumping without content. It's better to let it die.
>>
>>49042817
Don'tchu say that! No it isn't! Perhaps I will make some more content for the snowstorm. Maybe I'll jumble everything up. You know what, I should do that. I need to come up with something that kicks off everyone wanting to get involved.
>>
>>49040957
What's she like now that her color identity has changed? I imagine she's not as easy to push around.
>>
File: ELDRAZI GET OUT REEEEEEE.jpg (296KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ELDRAZI GET OUT REEEEEEE.jpg
296KB, 1536x2048px
>>49044771
Not really, no.
>>
>>49044970
> not really, no.
> not really
>>
File: predatory focus.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
predatory focus.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
Which flake would present the greatest challenge for your flake to combat battle?

Please, no meme flake answers
>>
>>49044970
serena, what happened? It's angerfish, PM me when you see this, if you see this.
>>
>>49046228
I can't my steam account was compromised, I'm getting it back now.
>>
>>49046287
sweet furious aquatic christ, you had me worried there
>>
>>49046323
Why, what's it doing? Did you think I suddenly became Russian?
>>
>>49046360
it unfriended everyone, changed its name and left its groups. It looked to me like something serious happened IRL. I gtg, but I'll talk to you later.
>>
File: image.png (248KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248KB, 610x406px
>>49045608
> Vronak
Winifred.

> Lord Æon
Is old age a flake yet?

> Sariel
Serena

> Bianca
Newt

> Grimsby
Probably Winifred too for the same reason.
>>
>>49046504
And what reason would that be, that apparently warrants the same flake's mention twice?
>>
>>49046470
kek
>>
>>49046530
Cute little black mana girl. They'd have a hard time trying to attack her.
>>
>>49046833
Creepers.
>>
>>49048305
Yeah, because it's creepy to NOT want to fight/attack little girls. Sure.
>>
>>49046833
>Winifred
>Cute
>>
>>49049515
You don't think so?
>>
>>49049595
No, the witch who steals people's youth is not cute.
>>
>>49049626
Oh, shush. Her crazy antics doesn't make her any less of a cutie.
>>
>>49049661
>Crazy antics
I mean, that's really quite the understatement, even if the rest of what you said is definitely opinion and therefore not necessarily wrong.
>>
>>49049724
Just shenanigans.
>>
>>49049661
I have to remind myself that you described suffering from dissociative identity disorder as "cute".
>>
File: Acuratia Machine Core.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Acuratia Machine Core.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
So, I saw some other people were making planeshifted versions of the flakes. So for the hell of it, I decided to make one. Here's planeshifted Gaia.
>>
>>49050438
>not RickGaia.
>>
>>49050671
One day, friend. One day.

Nah, I was lazy and took the name from the Latin word meaning "construct."

Do you have feedback on the card?
>>
>>49050438
The wording on that last ability seems a bit wonky. And you may want to make it -11, since it both beefs up your board and ruins most graveyard mechanics an opponent might have.

So, tell us about planeshifted Gaia. Why artifacts? What's she like? What's her goal?
>>
>>49050438
first ability doesn't do anything as your deck contains no artifacts, needs "artifact cards", "with converted mana cost" not of, "place" also has no meaning, use "put", you'll also want them "onto the battlefield"

Second ability has 2 sections. The first chooses an artifact, the second ignores that choice, targets an artifact, and clones it. You probably want "Choose a nonland artifact, you may put a copy of that artifact onto the battlefield."

3rd ability reads like it used to only clone one thing, but has been changed to many. Just rewrite it from scratch with one in mind.
>>
File: Acuratia Machine Core.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Acuratia Machine Core.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49051382
She believes in the "Multiversal Machine," that all things are connected to, perpetuate, and are a product of "the Machine." Her theory is that it is the purpose of planeswalkers within this machine to create and destroy planes, as the Machine wills. So she goes around making mechanical artifact planes, attempting to make them stable. She makes a plane, and moves on. Problem is, these artificial planes aren't stable, and so they break down over time. But the more planes she creates, the closer she thinks she is to creating a stable plane, thus fulfilling her role in the machine. This is all pre-Mending, btw. Post-Mending, she's probably either dead or locked away in one of her rusting planes.

tldr, she pops out little clockwork planes that are ultimately a bit shabby (when compared to MU Gaia's realm or a natural plane, anyway) and fail without constant input.

>>49051437
I fixed the first two and reworded the third. But I'm a little confused with what you mean about the third ability.
>>
>>49051642
Put "a token that is" into the third ability for it to work
>>
>>49046504
>>49046833
>Hesitating to hit Winifred
That's a good way to get lots and lots of curses stacked onto you. Welcome to being too weak to fight back.
>>
>>49051642
Sounds like alt Gaia could make a good villain. Or a good ally for Phyrexia.
>>
>>49052193
>How to defeat Winifred
>Send Vronak in first
>As he gushes about how cute she is, attack her from behind
>Kill Vronak
>and I think we're done here.
>>
>>49052539
Rude. I smiled anyway, but ruuuuuuude.
>>
>>49052204
What if this is just completed Gaia?
>>
>>49052539
> kill Vronak
See, you can be cute too, anon.
>>
>>49054191
Not with a spark it's not.
>>
>>49055393
Well, gaia anon did say that she's pre-mending, and post mending she'd stand still inside a plane. And pre mending she could've used portals instead of a spark.
>>
>>49055582
Now you're thinking with portals.
That said, that would actually be an ingenious way to cheat compleation as a planeswalker, powerstones require either a planeswalkers spark or a collapsed chunk of a plane for a power supply, so donating your spark and your life to a powerstone, then having your dead corpse compleated and implanted with the powerstone could do it. That said, it would bee too powerful a threat and too lore pushing to allow, as it would make phyrexia too powerful beyond canon abilities, so this compleation instance would have to be something self-initiated in a realm uncontrolled by phyrexia, like in ruins on dominaria, or on one of the world formerly controlled by old phyrexia but no longer active. I should note I'm no longer talking about anti-gaia, just spouting thoughts. In order for this theoretical self-compleated character, they'd have to empathize with phyrexian ideals but oppose their conquest-driven nature, or perhaps hate them outright, and choose to become like them with their own abandoned technology in order to fight them on even ground. What do you guys think? I guess a major hamper on this plan would be that sparks got a downgrade since we learned how they could power powerstones, so they might not actually be able to do that anymore.
>>
>>49055842
Now, if she is from a Planeshifted / Planar Chaos parallel multiverse, the. She could be the the All is One completion. The Pre-Mending Phyrexians won and All is One in her universe. So, traveling through the rifts, she could have appeared into our multiverse and now in the singularity that our Phyrexians want. But, she has no connection to our New Phyrexians and sees them as abominations with their colors other than black.
>>
>>49055842
Gonna need a source on the power stone claim.
>>
>>49051642
Not gonna lie. She looks like she'd be super fun to run in an affinity deck.
>>
>>49054417
He's easy to kill, leyline of the void and counterspells if he tries to planeswalk away.
>>
>>49056518
The Books.

Really though, Glacien's fractured spark was inside of a large Powerstone that ended up being fractured itself into what we know as the Mightstone and Weakstone.
>>
File: 11098.png (48KB, 268x227px) Image search: [Google]
11098.png
48KB, 268x227px
>>49019405
>And there is when she sits down on an armchair made of Belloski's skin, sips the finest of angel tears and chuckles.
>an armchair made of Belloski's skin
>implying
>>
>>49056553
Imagine how broken she would be if SHE could be cheated into play with affinity?
>>
>>49056583
But that was a powerstone beforehand
>>
>>49056578
> void and counters
How does that kill, senpai?

Also, you can't counterspell a planeswalk its not a spell.
>>
>>49056777
Trips checked. And that's true, it's just suped up by the spark.
>>
>>49056996
No, but planeswalking seems to require some amount of effort. If, in theory, someone who wants you dead waited until you were bogged down with curses and on the edge of death before trying to kill you, then you probably won't be able to get away.
>>
>>49057253
It doesn't take much effort to planeswalk. In fact, the first time everyone does it they have no idea how to do it or what they are doing but just happens out of a necessity. Happens all the time when Planeswalkers are severely wounded and they planeswalk away out of pure reaction. Very few times are a Planeswalker prevented from planeswalking. This is the case with Dack Fayden. We don't know what prevented his spark from not allowing him to planeswalk away even wen he was being tortured. Something went wrong. And I don't think they have revealed yet what caused it. It could have just been a random occupancy in a minority of Planeswalkers when they planeswalk for the first time.

Also, assuming that you can stop Vronak from even his first summon would mean you'd literally have to run into him right when he planeswalks to a plane for the first time. Because he always summons a particular three summons right when he arrives on any plane.
>>
>>49057374
Regarding Dack Fayden, some kinds of spells are explicitly designed to stop you from being able to escape.

One example of this is that in the days of the first Ravnica block, being arrested by a Wojek was magically enforced by the Guildpact. If they cuff you, there is literally no way to get around it, no matter how much you'd like to resist.

Your last line is moot when the idea that he'd hesitate to even fight has already been planted at the beginning of the conversation.
>>
>>49056996
You build up mana to use it. At worst it would be an activated ability and a stifle will take care of that. And those are to lock Vronak down before shanking him
>>
>>49057374
I need a source for reflexively walk beyond the first time.
Garruk killed plenty of walkers.
>>
>>49057435
Escape as in fleeing, not planeswalking. So far, only a flaw in the spark permits you from planeswalking. The detainment spells are not something that apply to planeswalking. Just like with Ral Zarek.
>>
>>49057477
Planeswalking doesn't require mana. However, it's been theorized that Stifle might actually stop a planeswalking ability. Once. Though, stabbing a Planeswalker is kind of dumb if you aren't a God. Especially one with heavy armor. But, again. It'd be highly unlikely to catch Vronak just as he's planeswalking to a plane.

>>49057598
Planeswalkers who didn't know he could kill a Planeswalker. They all thought they could take him.
>>
>>49057598
It's hard to planeswalk when a 400lb mass of muscle buries an axe in your skull. Once Garruk gains the upper hand you either walk then or get destroyed, he doesn't fuck around. If you can mortally wound a planeswalker before they react, walking won't save them unless they can get somewhere that wound can be healed/do it themselves before they die.
>>
>>49057598
Also, I'm not going to cite everytime. Planeswalker has been near death and poofed away.
>>
>>49057711
I try to offer a possible explanation as to why Dack wasn't planeswalking out, but I guess you know better than to consider possibilities for some reason.
>>
>>49057911
This is pretty key. Planeswalkers aren't basically immortal gods anymore. Getting the job done in one fell swoop before they can even start walking is a good way to make sure that they die.
>>
>>49057976
We know something was wrong with Dack though. No spell was keeping him from planeswalking.

>>49057911
Just like with Venser.
>>
>>49057374
>>49058065
Can I get a source on this incident? I'm not up and up on my Dack Fayden lore.
>>
>>49058128
It was the first Conspiricy story arch along with the comics they had of Dack Fayden.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Dack_Fayden
>>
>>49058128
Seriously the hardest character to follow properly. We need some kind of Wizards article that overviews him or something to catch everyone up on the alternate sources that he appeared in.
>>
>>49057374
It fucking does. You need to concentrate on where you want to go, and if something prohibits that (like being stuck in a rock that's jabbing at your sides or being cursed), you can't planeswalk. Your first planeswalk is caused by an extreme emotion, basically "blasting" you off of the plane. After that first 'walk, you can't do it whenever, since now you are aware of your spark
>>
>>49058310
"Aware" isn't the word that I would use, but basically this. A spark's ingition isn't something that you do intentionally, but once it happens the one controlling its abilities is you.

Some newer walkers are awful at it and don't really get how it works. It tends to help if you run into someone else that can actually explain it to you.
>>
>>49058296
Literally Conspiricy lore and his own comics. That's all.

>>49058310
Actually, you don't have to concentrate much to do it. Sorin's little ordeal is be side he can't concentrate on literally anything. Think of it like flailing your arms around. Literally that easy. They do it as reactionary reflexes all the damn time. If it actually took a lot of concentration, they'd always just die unless they were seriously skilled at reaction times.
>>
File: Runeboggle.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Runeboggle.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49058636
It takes some though.
Fuck, I bet you could stop someone from planeswalking just by constantly bombarding them with pic related.
>>
>>49058636
>It's a reflex
>Being in so much pain that you can't concentrate stops you from doing it
Pick one.
>>
>>49058929
Planeswalking isn't a spell. That's like trying to counter a critter tapping for mana. Sure, there is things you can do to prevent the tap. But, you can't counter or stifle it. We don't know if you can even stifle a planeswalk. It's never been shown ever. And we see shit countered all the time.

>>49059095
You can be hurting so much that you can't lift your arms. Swinging arms is a reflex.
>>
>>49059182
Planeswalking is a conscious action, you don't reflexively do it
>>
>>49059262
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/burying-part-2-2013-03-04

>Domri rambled on, the adrenaline from the Planeswalk and then being chased by Krokt-knows-what was flowing through his body; his eyes were like saucers as he talked to the elves. "I mean, imagine if every tree here was a building of some sort and the spaces between them were cobbled alleyways. That's Ravnica. It's a horrible mess and we Gruul just want to tear it down, but the Azorius and all the other guilds fight us. They're all caught up in rules and laws, but we have the Rubblebelt. That's my home. I love the creatures that live there."

>As Domri jabbered at the bewildered elves, he started to imagine the Rubblebelt and the great swaths of ruins, caves, and trenches left by wars, beasts, and other devastations. It pulled on him and he felt a strong force begin to arise like a fire within a furnace. The more Domri thought about it, the more the force grew within him, until a dam burst and he felt a tremendous rush of mana overtake him like a ragebeast. It was chaotic. It felt like a swirling storm of earth tangled with trees and vines. Domri began to sweat as the stress of this new vision overtook him. It was as if he was buried in the ground again. Deep in the earth, roots snaked through his body and dissolved his flesh into until nothing but his bones remained. Then those too were crushed into the void. He could faintly hear Hasal calling his name, and he could feel his physical body being shaken as if it was someone else's, but his awareness was elsewhere.

>And then, in a sickening lurch of unbelievable power, he shot out into the Blind Eternities once more.
>>
>>48996900
Remember how I said I had a free day? It turns out that that wasn't true, and won't be until tomorrow. I'm freaking dying over here. I'll be putting together updated character sheets and references and stories and stuff. I miss being in these threads when I don't have time, and I still won't until tomorrow.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/homesick-2016-08-29

Early Uncharted Realms this week.
>>
>>49059787
This reads like a slice-of-life of modern day superheroes living together.

The writing's good so far, I even enjoy the characterisation but the dialogue doesn't fit a mostly medieval multiverse. This sort of Joss Whedon banton doesn't fit in.
>>
File: victorian.jpg (70KB, 256x1222px) Image search: [Google]
victorian.jpg
70KB, 256x1222px
>>49060013
I mean, I think it fits reasonably, entirely because it just felt human.
>>
so when did chandra sustain that brain damage
>>
>>49060279
It's actually super easy to get brain damage when you are out adventuring. Think the new Lara Croft, but without the terminator durability.
>>
>>49060402
Especially when you never wear a helmet because your head is on fire.
>>
>>49059787
>Chandra has a massive, raging lady boner for Nissa

I fucking knew it
>>
>>49060279
Probably when she was getting bagged against the headrest of Gideon's bed.
>>
>>49060549
We all already knew it.
>>
>>49060649
There were hints at the end of Gatewatch, sure.

But this outright confirms it.
>>
>>49060676
>>49060649
>>49060549
She has a potential thing for Nissa, Gideon and Liliana, so far.
>>
>>49060713
> potential
> not already banged the shit out of all of them individually and collectively
> stop ruining my delusions
>>
>>49060713
But only one of them reciprocates the lady boner, and that seems like Nissa right now.

And Chandra has only ever gotten flustered to the point of tripping over herself and her words with Nissa
>>
Chandra and Lili sexually bullying Nissa when?
>>
>>49060713
I feel like the Gideon attractiveness is just due to him being - almost literally - a walking beefcake who doesn't even wear a shirt half the time he's at Jace's place.

Nissa attraction is partially due to red-green being allied colors, but also due to how Nissa is able to be very centered/calm, which is something Chandra has wanted to have for herself ever since she was a kid; better control over her emotions means she can control her pyromancer powers better/easier, and not cause a firestorm when she get pissy.

Liliana attraction is more-so of a cat toying with a mouse, only it's pretty evident that Liliana's the cat and Chandra's the mouse.
>>
Now that I mentioned her, I can't keep the idea out of my mind:

Lara Croft, Plane Raider, Tomb Walker

Good idea Y/N?
>>
>>49057911
Garruk axed one while he was in the process of planeswalking away
>>
>>49060924
> Chandra & Lili aggressively lewding the prude out of Nissa
>>
>>49060963
You're 100% correct on why any of the girls like Gideon. He's literally a self-operating dildo wrapped in muscles to them.
>>
>>49060993
We have that already. The name is Dack Fayden.
>>
>>49059456
That's less reflexive than accidentally doing the process of visualizing your destination.
>>
>Super gross
>Gids
>hell no
>Come the hell on
>Jerk
>Easy, big fella. Not attacking mom.
>Sowwy
>The hell.
>punchybag
>blah blah blah
>FFFFFFFFF...
>super embarrassing
>super dog noses
>freaking idiot
>SHUT UP SHUT UP.
>WHAT IS COMING OUT OF MY FACE?
>super pi—uh, real angry,
>WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY?
>...I think I'm gonna puke.
>made you feel weird
>SorryIblewupyourthingy

The anachronistic language is through the roof.
>>
>>49059787
My god, the SJW cancer in WotC has actually gotten worse. I'm sort of impressed, in a dark, terrified way.
>>
>>49061112
> accidentally doing something
> people are trying to say it takes major concentration to do it
> but, accidentally with adrenaline rush activating it
> but, still take a lot of concentration, right guys?
>>
>>49061158
Anachronistic doesn't really mean much in a fictional fantasy multiverse with several planes at various points in technological advancement.
>>
>>49061107
I mean like literal Lara Croft, not some thief/Han Solo wannabe.
>>
>>49061269
Name a plane on which Chandra would be able to learn to talk and even think like a valley girl.
>>
>>49061277
More like Nathan Drake. Who is the male Lara Croft.

But, if you want to do it, I say go for it. Just don't use a pic of Lara.
>>
>>49061338
Kaladesh possibly. Or any other number of planes in the multiverse that we haven't seen.

There is no particular reason why a plane WOULDN'T have speech patterns like that.
>>
>>49061349
I was thinking more of writefagging, not actually statting.

>Just don't use a pic of Lara.
Why not?
>>
>>49061338
Most likely would be Doninaria.
>>
>>49061389
Because it's tacky. Just look for a female adventure pic.
>>
>>49061424
Oh ok, I was thinking it had to do with copyright or something.

Is the new Lara actually tacky?
>>
>>49061374
Like, I totes agree that there's kinda totally nothing wrong with a typically medieval fantasy setting using this sorta super modern language and stuff, ya know? It totally fits in and stuff, it's like super amazeballs!
>>
>>49061442
No, using an image of a well known fictional character for a flake is just tacky in and of itself.
>>
>>49061486
>Magic the Gathering
>Medieval

Most of the planes range from renaissance to even early industrial.

Hell, Kaladesh, Mirrodin and Ravnica all have heavy science fiction elements alongside the fantasy.

Besides, people can talk however they want in fantasy worlds.
>>
>>49061529
>Besides, people can talk however they want in fantasy worlds.
THIS
H
I
S
It's Fantasy, anything can happen
>>
>>49061521
Oh that. No flaking involved, it would be the actual character.
>>
>>49060963
>>49061071
Don't forget their only other male at the place is Jace, which only serves to make Gideon look even better by comparison.
>>
>>49061529
There's still themes and there's still verisimilitude. The modern, valley girl language clashes with medieval settings, renaissance settings, early industrial settings and science fiction influenced settings.

MtG has its themes, no matter how much potential the Multiverse holds for anywhere to be real. The language that was used matches none of the previously established themes or any of the previously used language.

I'm sorry if you disagree with me and believe that 'FFFFFFFFF...' is suitable language when writing for this setting.
>>
>>49061396
And just in time for the next apocalypse
>>
>>49061632
Not him but
>'FFFFFFFFF...'
That's just trying and failing not to curse. If you don't think every culture humanity's spawned in every period of human history has had swears that people wanted to say but stopped themselves from saying, you have a very incorrect "the past was waaay more dignified than the present" mindset
>>
>>49061660
>IT'S ANOTHER DOMINARIAN APOCALYPSE
>AAABRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR
>>
>>49061685
that made me laugh more than it should have
>>
>>49061685
Those videos were gold.
>>
>>49059182
No, it's not a spell. I was making a point about concentration.

It's hard to visualize your destination and intentionally go there if your brain is screaming at you as the result of a never-ending barrage of Runeboggles.
>>
>>49061674
Then use a setting-appropriate curse. When was the last time any character in the MtG setting ever actually said 'fuck?'

It's a comedic device referencing a stale meme. Besides, that's a specific example out of over a hundred. When was the last time a character in the MtG setting outside of this setting used language like 'super gross,' as another example?
>>
>>49061740
Not really. It's been shown that a Planeswalker will walk just with the need to be elsewhere. To prevent walking, it would take serious agonizing pain to shut down all mental thought and only be thinking about how horrible that pain is.
>>
>>49061758
>Setting-appropriate curse

One of the ones on Ravnica is "Krokt," invoking the name of the goblins' god of bad luck. It basically takes the place of "goddamn."
>>
>>49061758
Someone hasn't met Urza.
>>
File: 6.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49061758
They spent most of the story coming up with setting appropriate curses and phrases, Liliana replacing 'hell' with 'grixis' comes to mind. Who's to say Chandra doesn't have a nice, colorful, lore appropriate curse that begins with the letter F

>Super gross
Why not? Chandra's extensive vocabulary isn't her strong point. What's so unbelievable about someone using an adjective modifying an adjective. They're not going to talk like shakespeare minus the iambic pentameter.

How is dialogue of the literal hothead who says literally the first thing that comes to mind about everything what drags you out of a setting that has words like "thopters", "flestermites", or literally anything on pic related

As long as humans can speak, they'll find ways to fuck up their own language.
>>
>>49061561
Cancerous SJW FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
>>
>>49061975
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>49062138
You fuck off too you miserable cunt

I have no time for your shit
>>
>>49061949
Thopters and Flensermite are words of the setting's own design and of WotC's invention. The 'valley girl chatterbox' demeanor of Chandra isn't. If she talked and thought using a dialect specific to the setting, I'd find that acceptable and I'd even approve.

This is a case of a very modern manner of speaking being used in a setting where it hasn't previously been used before and yes, it does take me out. If they're going to butcher the English language, butcher it in a manner consistent with MtG or at the very least, in a novel manner. They shouldn't butcher it like they just walked out of a Los Angeles Starbucks with a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
>>
>>49062138
Just want to make a point about the validity of this statement.

it's the reason why "I was only pretending to be ____" is a thing. Don't intentionally post dumb stuff, folks.

>>49062206
Since planeswalkers basically auto-translate, and everything is translated for us, the readers, we have no way of really knowing if humans on all planes speak exactly the same language. Even then, there could be multiple dialects on a plane for the same language. There's no point in saying that there are or aren't "accents" because we have no frame of reference where the concept is uniform. Unless we do somewhere and I've managed to miss it.

Even then, dialect and accent is all relative. There's no reason why or why not someone would comparatively sound like a valley girl, a hick, or whatever other thing based on how they speak. It all depends on who you are, where you're from, and your own approach to speech. Wizards could easily just say that some people from some part of a plane talk a certain way that happens to be like being a valley girl, but just has a different name. And it wouldn't be that far fetched because we know for a fact that those speech patterns can already happen in reality.
>>
>>49062305
>There's no point in saying that there are or aren't "accents" because we have no frame of reference where the concept is uniform. Unless we do somewhere and I've managed to miss it.
Well apparently only Chandra and the Vedalken guy from Kaladesh can actually pronounce her last name with the proper enunciation, so that might be an accent thing.
>>
>>49062305
So it doesn't at all have anything to do with this writer butchering the characters and writing them as though they walked out a TV sitcom instead of adhering to how they were previously written?

The characterization is completely messed up. Gideon's completely off, Nissa's actually endearing and appealing for once, Liliana and Jace are a little off-kilter and Chandra has transformed into a Californian bimbo.

If anything, it read like a snarky satire of the previous Uncharted Realms.
>>
>>49062389
Are... Are we still talking about hypothetical language differences on planes?

I wasn't part of the original argument, but I get the feeling that you're veering out of reasonable direction at this point.
>>
>>49062459
I'll concede the hypothetical language differences on planes because MtG's multiverse is open-ended that anything could exist on any plane.

That's why I consider it a ridiculous argument. Literally anything could exist in the MtG setting. Just because it could, it doesn't necessarily make it thematic or suitable.

And since you refuse to accept the argument of themes, I'm moving on from that discussion entirely to a new point, which is about how the writer significantly diverges from how the characters were previously written for the sake of comedy.
>>
File: Jace's secretary.jpg (437KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
Jace's secretary.jpg
437KB, 1200x877px
>>49062514
Personally, I'm glad that Wizards chose to follow the meme of Lavinia leashing Jace around so he'll do his damn guildpact job
I'm sort of upset she didn't pull a planeswalker spark out of Ral's ass to do drag him back, but eh, beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>49062514
I didn't refuse anything. I'm of the idea that if it fits a theme, and if it also isn't just intentionally too far out of left field or only for the lulz, it's probably fine.

As for characters being different from writer to writer, I can get where you're coming from. You can never expect a writer to be exactly the same as another when interpreting a character, but you hope that they stay as close to the source material as possible. Letting the characters cut loose for fun can be good every now and then, but it should be done appropriately and in a way that doesn't seem jarring with where in the story that it happens.
>>
>>49062389
>Chandra has transformed into a Californian bimbo.
That is my fetish.
>>
>>49062581
>Insert valley-girl speak about how hot she thinks she is here
>>
>>49062581
What isn't your fetish?
Pretty decent taste though
>>
>>49062611
Vore is pretty shit.

Tbh though, various thread on /d/ are full of random shit I've commissioned, pic related.
>>
>>49059787

I do feel like this writer crossed over a little too much with Chandra's voice. She's an impulsive chatterbox and her stream of consciousness doesn't feel that out-of-character to me, but the word choice is a little too modern-sounding. It reads...off compared to how Chandra-perspective stories have narrated before.

On an unrelated topic, I would like to see Gideon put Liliana in a situation where she can't get something she wants without saying his name.

And gods help her, she can't, and seeing small but important parts of her brain explode at being outsmarted by Captain Beefcake makes Gideon's day.
>>
>>49062818
Sometimes you're kind of nuts. That's hilarious. And now I'm wondering if you're going to get one of Chandra done.

>>49062906
>Liliana is furious she got outsmarted by Beefcake Mc.Largehuge

>Gideon is just happy he now has a Noyan Dar type within arms reach.
>>
>>49063054

>Liliana faces a number of hardships and misfortunes she can't do anything about because admitting any of them are happening requires facing the idea Gideon is not stupid
>Gideon continues to be himself around her, but uses her utter contempt for him being charming, friendly, and altruistic to troll her relentlessly without ever acting out of character
>>
>>49062906

Yeeeah. There's a difference between informal, in-the-moment thinking and teenage valley girl on twitter.
>>
>>49061224
He was concentrating on it as he walked.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11110713

This was posted in another thread. Have fun. Some nutcase actually voted Nissa
>>
>>49064043
If I have this week's article to judge from, I'd also vote Nissa.

She was fantastically written for once.
>>
That ur was cute as fuck
>Chandra attracting sleepy cats
>Nissa and Chandra talking.
>that sand castle
>Lili helping Chandra get dressed and going after her
>that opening dialog
>>
>>49064122
I like the brickjoke of Liliana messing with Jace's books to upset him like the blue mana type he is, then the blue mana autist vedalken noticing ALL of them.

>>49064154
I hope Vronak shits on this thread.
>>
>>49063892
He was remembering it. This is how it becomes a reactionary reflex. They react by having the thought of wanting to be somewhere else. And poof. Happens a lot actually.
>>
>>49064161
Why would I shit on that thread? I don't even care about it.
>>
>>49064154

Huh boy, I knew something was going to replace the poo in the loo meme, but this is just sad.

And forced, jesus christ.
>>
>>49064512
Forced nothing, it's one dude doing ALL of the shitposting across four threads. Check his /pol/ thread, and click his ID and just watch it light up like a christmas tree.

Though poo in loo was never really that funny either.
>>
>>49064538

I agree, poo in the loo was unfunny pretty much the third time someone said it, of the thousands of times it's been said since Kaladesh was first announced.

This, though, this is just cringey.
>>
>>49064657
>Mods nuked the shitposting thread
THANK YOU.
>>
>>49062818

>A valorous knight becoming just another pretty tavern wench

This is a horror beyond even Innistrad.

Eh, I kid, although I only tend to like that kinda stuff on a temporary/easily reversible basis.
>>
>>49064827
You mean where it's played for laughs, instead of a fetish?
>>
>>49064827
What are you, gay?
>>
>>49064921
Not that person, but that's not my fetish.
It's mildly amusing in that person's context though, have no problems with it. Or even just in a "forced to put down the sword and this is the work they found" sort of way.
>>
>>49064971
Fair enough.

Also
NEW THREAD

>>49064989
>>49064989
>>49064989
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.