[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 30

File: Gul'dan.jpg (37KB, 383x486px) Image search: [Google]
Gul'dan.jpg
37KB, 383x486px
No Link Because You Guys Are Fucking Lazy edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Last thread: >>48970009
>>
gas the forsaken race war now
>>
So yeah, if we do Emerald Dream, what faction?
>>
>>48991443
We get it. You're a furry. Stop posting about it
>>
Gul'dan will lead the Horde after this is over, where Garrosh failed Gul'dan will succeed and the alliance will drown in their own blood!.

GUL'DAN FOR WARCHIEF!
>>
>>48991492
Gul'dan
Teron'gor 2016

WE BECOME SOMETHING GREATER
>>
>>48991488
every thread until it happens
>>
>>48991527
>The wheel spins and spins again
>>
>>48991464
It should be a Horde-side lawful evil guild.
>>
>>48991527
>Teron'gor
>not Cho'gall
Twilight calls brothers
>>
>>48991704
I'm sorry, but you can only have one VP. Cho'gall is a 2 person party.
>>
>>48991179
Where do you draw the line between "Spirits be with ya mon" and "Stay away from da voodoo"
>>
>>48991397
So which side has the moral high ground, Alliance or Horde?

Just getting into Warcraft.
>>
>>48991744
Cho/Gall 2016 then
>>
>>48991766
No.
>>
>>48991766
Alliance. Horde are nothing but barbarian savages.
Every one of them.
>>
>>48991820
I did play Warcraft 3 a bit out of context, so like...the most I know about is an orc guy fighting nagas and night elves, played a bit of Prince Arthas' story, but I heard that one got turned into a raid.
>>
>>48991846
Huh, the orc guy in Warcraft 3 seemed chill.

Thanks, mang'
>>
>>48991766
Horde. They abandoned their old home to defend Azeroth despite the racist Alliance constantly trying to stab them in the back
>>
>>48991846
>>48991881
Okay, where does the movie fall into this? My friend dragged me to see that.

Just build off of it from there, Warcraft 3, general knowledge, and the movie. I've looked at the wiki but some shit is dense.
>>
File: 1443486474533.gif (880KB, 480x368px)
1443486474533.gif
880KB, 480x368px
>>48991766
>which side has the moral high ground
>>
>>48991443
>gas the forsaken

Would that even bother them?
>>
mfw Genn and Jaina get the Garrosh treatment and we get to raid a rebuilt Gilneas just to destroy it again.
>>
File: 1471656733415.jpg (111KB, 392x446px) Image search: [Google]
1471656733415.jpg
111KB, 392x446px
Unholy or frost DK? I can't decide.
>>
>>48991905
the movie is the story of the first RTS heavily altered to accommodate retcons and appeal to people who haven't played the games, it's not very relevant to the lore of the game series

to get a good feel for the general lore, search up Nobbel87 on YouTube and watch some of his videos, he's a lot more comprehensible than the wiki (btw, WoWpedia > WoWwiki)
>>
>>48991943
I prefer Unholy, but both are good.
>>
>>48991979
Okay, thanks. I've mostly been into Starcraft before this, but that one ended...uh...eh...
>>
>>48991464
Already afking with as a dk in invasions in emerald dream

Doesn't even have 250g for flying, walking like a little bitch and dying to trash.
>>
File: 1442554180198.png (104KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1442554180198.png
104KB, 315x315px
>>48991930
>tfw Genn is completely fucking justified in his hate against the horde
>We'll probably have to kill him anyway
>>
>>48991766
The Tauren are canonically the least terrible people in the game, except for the Grimtotems. Draenei get points, but they're still just "the good ones" Eredar.
>>
File: 456156156.png (212KB, 499x281px)
456156156.png
212KB, 499x281px
Foreigner out of Pandaria! GET OUT! KEEP YOUR DEMONS OUT! BUILD THAT MIST!
>>
>>48992027
Maybe if Genn hadn't bitched out and BUILT WALL back in the day, there wouldn't be Forsaken to fuck him over now.
>>
>>48992031
And pandas anon, don't forget about >>48992036
>>
>>48992031
Wait...did the pandas ever pick a side? The Jack Black race?
>>
>>48992003
frost is supposedly the second worst DPS spec in the game at 110 m8
>>
>>48992061
>>48992075
Pandas are useless furries. Automatically discarded.
>>
>>48992075
They get to pick either.

>>48992031
Da Darkspear Trolls did nothing wrong mon.
>>
>>48991905
I found the movie Orcs to be just like they were in Warcraft 3: noble savages that don't skimp on the savage aspect.
It was actually refreshing to see in contrast to modern WoW's dindu nuffin Orcs.
>>
>>48992138
Hence why they're one of the least bad. They don't do shit, just like the cowmen since Cata
>>
>>48991916
Their super plague would, yeah. I find it funny that the Horde has a NBC/WMD program. Fucking orcs in Flintstone huts are more militarily advanced than the faction with tanks and airplanes.
>>
>>48992141
Trolls always do shit. Just because they don't go OOGA-BOOGA all the time doesn't mean they're not going ready to cook and eat you.
>>
>>48992214
"He turn me into sheep but I use trinket."
>>
>>48992003
I guess i'll go unholy. Melee necromancer is a good shtick. I just like the feeling of frost a bit more. Muh class fantasy and all but that's why I signed up as a DK.
>>
>>48992165
I can see pandaren and tauren being best buddy races, along with tauren and darkspear trolls
>>
>>48992172
>the faction led by a WARchief that had to fight a WAR just to stay on the planet and is almost always out for WAR and has a race known for quick, dirty, dangerous WAR machines and a race known for alchemists who study their own undeath and were created by the plague they reverse-engineered their own from has WMD's and bioweapons

And you're surprised by this?
>>
>>48992141
>>48992214
Troll wiki mentions cannibalism. And loa, which sounds fucking rad.
>>
>>48992172
That's because they know how to make allies
>former civilized Lordaeroners turned autistic
>jews that have a hard on for guns and bombs
>addicts that literally invented magic

Compare that to:
>treehuggers that wants nature and nothing to do with tech or magic
>autists that would build a better bidet than something you can shoot with
>hardworking industrialists that does well at making shit, but bad at inventing
>>
>>48992172
Most of Horde tech comes from Forsaken and goblins, both of which are more than eager to develop stuff that would kill you, intentionally or not
>>
>>48992348
Dalaran going neutral really fucked things up for the Alliance. Too bad they don't have a kingdom of warriors and sailors like Stromgarde or Kul Tiras...

OH WAIT
>>
>>48992638
Don't be silly, we all know the only human kingdom is glorious Stormwind.
>>
>>48992684
I like how even the ruined towers in the Plaguelands and outside the Undercity have a tattered lion flag.

Fucking lazy devs
>>
>>48992638
>Stromgarde
Undead, possibly Forsaken-controlled at this point

>Kul Tiras
If that fucking kindom isn't sunk yet, i'm gonna call bullshit
>>
>>48992638
I like how it's been so long since last we heard anything from Kul Tiras. Maybe they got Naga'd. And the last one of them is gona become a raid boss sooner or later.
>>
>>48991443
Seconded.
>>
>>48992718
It is pretty sad, especially since it'd have been easy to just implement flags bearing Lordaeron's symbol.
>>
>>48992735
go back to /wowg/ you furry
>>
>>48992758
They've barely acknowledged Lordaeron past vanilla, and even then it was in passing about the Forsaken.

It made Stormwind look like a fucking backwards swamp village and it gets nothing. Fuck, the Alliance doesn't even pretend like they're a coalition anymore.

"High King". There needs to be a dungeon where Genn Graymane travels through time from the Second War and beats the shit of his older self for swearing allegiance to a foreign crown.
>>
>>48991749
Right around hakkar worship
>>
>>48992141
Trolls do terrible shit all the time but they own it.
>>
File: HE WAS WEAK.jpg (12KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
HE WAS WEAK.jpg
12KB, 267x189px
Nagash appears in Azeroth at the start of Wrath of the Lich king and goes to northrend to kill arthas and take his place can he do it?
>>
>>48993210
No
>>
>>48992819
Is it weird that in the broken shore cinematic, I was honestly expecting Genn to mutter "long live the king" and purposely drop Varian off the airship?
>>
>>48993267
It's not wrong to expect good writing, no.
>>
>>48993345
I mean, it would fit

>pussy high king won't get rid of the Horde, already mad
>go to war with demons, we can work with them for now I guess
>they seem to backstab us AGAIN
>high king will probably still forgive them for this
>see he's hanging off the ship
>hm
>kill him myself, use him as a rallying point against the horde and blame them for his tragic sacrifice
>>
>>48991397
Damn I miss Metzen's B&W non-digital art.

Ten Metzen drawings like that per game in the manual and on loading screens should be mandatory.
>>
>>48993380
They would never let the Alliance be unambiguously good. Fucking virtue has to be coming out of their pores.
>>
>>48993409
How do you expect him to draw when he's all hyped on nose candy?
>>
>>48991766
Horde and Alliance are both little shits to each other.

Both factions tend to react badly as one, but in times of peace will branch off and small subfactions will piss off other small subfactions which leads to conflict.

Both are capable of pulling their head out of their asses collectively to get shit done, but almost immediately after some massive asshole fucks things up for everyone and makes everyone mad.

Long story short: Alliance got shit on first by the early Horde, which isn't the fault of anyone currently in the Horde because it was their parents. The Alliance pulled a Treaty of Versailles on the Orcs, but instead of becoming Nazis the Orcs just kind of stole a fleet of ships and fucked off to the new world then made friends with Trolls and Tauren, who were being shit on by non-Alliance races.

Then a bunch of shit third parties did happened. During that, some assholes from the second gen Horde fucked with the Alliance. That hurt their relations, but they got along somewhat neutrally for awhile.

Then in WoW, a lot of shit happened. Some manipulations by third party villains, and some assholes within the faction (mainly Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream, Alliance and Horde respectively) made everyone in this generation hate each other again. But this time, a lot of people went "fuck this" and joined third party organizations like the Steamwheedle Cartel and the Argent Crusade where they are able to get along with other races.

Currently, it stands like this: more assholes who fuck things up for everyone come from the Horde. But the Alliance is more likely to go to war with literally everyone in the Horde than to work against the assholes specifically. Anytime something new is discovered from an island to an ancient temple, the two also immediately fight over it without hesitation or attempts at diplomacy.

The only moral highground exists for individuals, not the two main factions or the primary six subfactions within them.
>>
I had the thought yesterday: why is nobody doing anything in Alterac? Why hasn't the Alliance tried to reestablish a government there instead of giving their clay to the filthy dwarves?

A mountain bulwark against the Forsaken would be fantastic and solidify the route to Andorhal (how are they getting supplies?). Same with Stromgarde.

What the fuck were they even doing in Kalimdor to begin with. You're telling me the elves can't beat non-Felroid Orcs on their own turf?
>>
>>48992262
Add Gnomes and Draenei.

Also, Worgen I guess. They're basically forgotten and just exist to be Druid questgivers.
>>
>>48993210
Warhammer doesn't work well in crossovers because of how Chaos works, and most things in the setting being so reliant on it.

But...probably not. Nagash is far from unique in consuming magical rocks for power or trying to harness a massive stream of magic. He's about on par with a Dreadlord or a Manuari Eredar.
>>
>>48993531
Well hillsbrad is forsaken land now so rebuilding it is going to be hard when it's nearly entirely surrounded by aggresive forces
>>
I really wish bliz wouldn't keep trying to play both sides as being bad and good. Like, just let the horde be fucking evil man.
Or at the very least if you're gonna keep having people like Garrosh and putrice "betray the horde" and do evil shit or have the forsaken blatantly torturing civilians and using the plague then have some alliance rave do evil shit too.
You can't pretend both sides are morally ambiguous when you only have the one side doing bad stuff
>>
>>48993602
Alliance races* not fucking raves. Dumbass autocorrect
>>
>wanna boost a priest

Should I /tg/?
>>
>>48993602
Can you imagine all the asshurt alliance babbies would field if they did something bad?
>>
>>48993531
>I had the thought yesterday: why is nobody doing anything in Alterac? Why hasn't the Alliance tried to reestablish a government there instead of giving their clay to the filthy dwarves? A mountain bulwark against the Forsaken would be fantastic and solidify the route to Andorhal (how are they getting supplies?).
Alterac was a shitty hole in the wall kingdom, and was by far the least important of the original kingdoms because it has little to offer in terms of resources. It was pretty much dependent on trade routes. So they'd have to entirely supply it.
Even then, its infrastructure is approaching a century of ruin and the Forsaken have already taken the entire surrounding area. Everything in the northern continent is basically Forsaken, minus the Dwarf areas and a tiny bit of Alterac Valley.
> Same with Stromgarde.
Stromgarde is far more contested in-universe than we see in the game. Its basically Mordheim.
>What the fuck were they even doing in Kalimdor to begin with. You're telling me the elves can't beat non-Felroid Orcs on their own turf?
Night Elves got massively debuffed when they sacrificed their immortality to blow up Archimonde.
They went from being basically preserved in amber to a dying race, as per the usual Elf tropes. The Alliance is literally the only thing keeping them going now.
>>
>>48993652
It's been twenty-ish years. Are you trying to tell me they're dropping like flies?
>>
>>48993602
Gray morality was a big part of the draw of WoW, and what fans loved about Warcraft 3.

The problem is that originally, the story was about adventurers having adventures. Starting in BC, the game was about the Horde and Alliance doing things and the adventurers just being soldiers.

The gray morality was supposed to be the adventurers doing really fucked up or really heroic shit. Now, the faction leaders are the main characters and have been since Wrath (it began in BC, but wasn't as blatant).
>>
>>48993650
But I mean goddamn, they have the fucking worgen, that was the perfect time to give the alliance an "evil" race. Have them be treated just like the undead are in the horde: the alliance takes in the worgen to use as front line troops because they're literal bloodthirsty monsters but don't trust them beyond that, meanwhile worgen are having fun ripping horde apart.
But no, they had to go with "oh no, it's a curse, we have to learn to control it"
>>
>>48992006
How was Legacy? I kind of lost interest in the series with all the Cthulu shit.
>>
>>48993708
Why does anyone need an "evil" player race?

If you make the Horde and Alliance teeming with Hitlers now, it'll make playing evil again in Warcraft 4 (it'll happen, maybe next decade) less special.

Also, the Horde and Alliance DID have a shitload of evil characters. We just killed them most of them Wrath and Cata.
>>
>>48993697
Being ten thousand years old will do that to you. It catches up, you know?
>>
>>48993759
At the end of the WC3 campaign all they said was "we will no longer be immortal, our powers over nature will wane in time." To me he didn't sound so scared. That, and there were original Highborne around. It seems like as soon as the world tree choke-slammed Archimode, they would turn to dust immediately.

But on that note, I'm more of an orc guy, and am completely ignorant to WoW elf stuff.
>>
>>48993812
Of course they didn't sound scared, elves can't sound human, emotional, or capable of having a soul even when they're fucked.
>>
>>48993652
>Stromgarde is far more contested in-universe than we see in the game. Its basically Mordheim.

Oh man, this just makes me sad we'll never have a skirmish level strategy game set in the ruins of Stromgarde with several different faction/warband types in a dynamic territory control game...
>>
File: laughing gul'dan.webm (367KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gul'dan.webm
367KB, 718x404px
>>48993812
And now we know they sacrificed it all for nothing.
>>
>>48993652
Nowhere in WoWs story does it say that the Nelfs are a dying race. People need to quit using the "lol elves" as their headcanon and saying it like its fact.
>>
>>48993697

No, he is making shit up anon.
>>
>>48992077
I don't really care about the numbers, just what's fun to play.
>>
>>48993873
You will be remembered as the race that sacrificed your immortality for -nothing-.

But seriously, the demon retcon is so hilariously dumb. It was fine when it was just Dreadlords, it make them seem more special and dangerous.
>>
>>48993632
Do you like surrender to memes?
>>
>>48993961
Explains why warlocks always have the same demons.
>>
>>48993961
What, the twisting nether shit?
>>
>>48993741
I'm having trouble thinking of alliance people that were evil on the same level as putrice or Garrosh other than the general that was in charge when turajo got burned and apparently according to the alliance side of the quest that was because his soldiers didn't listen to orders or something? Idk I haven't played an alliance toon in forever
>>
>>48993994
Hm, true.
>>48994027
That + one legion for all timelines.
>>
>>48994043
"GARITHOS!" is a cry I hear alot from alliance saying that they have bad guys.
>>
>>48993652
Sure, but with their commitment to the Wildhammers and rebuilding Andorhal, it makes no sense to leave Alterac unoccupied.

I wouldn't have bothered with the Plaguelands, but they have and now it has to be addressed. If Jania hadn't taken her ball and gone home, they could've replanted Dalaran and really pressed the Forsaken.
>>
>>48993865
I'm sad we never got Azshara Crater.
>>
>>48994064
oh, right. I was thinking more along the lines of in WoW but now that I think about it there was the one elf Druid that was in charge when stormrage was stuck in the dream I guess
>>
>>48994065
Sorry mate but Andorhal is canon victory for the Forsaken. And come Legion Stromgarde is a seperate undead kingdom that broke away from Sylvanas.

The Northern Kingdoms are no more.
>>
>>48994047
I wonder if that's why they also didn't mind killing their supposed brethren.

And geez, what if we have to enter the nether itself at some point? Warlocks best keep their minions out of that one.
>>
>>48994114
Huh, I forgot about that. Time to evacuate Aerie Peak
>>
>>48994114
But luckily the Ebon Blade is there to destroy the remnants and kill Galen Trollbane for daring to not want his father rezzed as an unholy abomination or something, because god forbid we get Stromgarde lore.
>>
>>48994114
It's a mystery how the Defilers haven't forceed the League of Arathor out yet, then.
>>
>>48994114
>broke away from Sylvanas
They weren't with Sylvanas to begin with
>>
>>48994130
No doubt we will. We already went to the nether in the final phase of the Archimonde fight in WoD, which is why he actually stays dead this time(proooobably, according to Gul'dan the only way to kill Arch and KJ with 100% success is on Argus). So I'm sure we'll have to go there to take down the big Legion bads.
>>
>>48993884
Actually, it was mentioned quite a bit in their Vanilla quests.

There was even a Night Elf trying to find a way to increase their libido for repopulation as I recall.
>>
>>48994190
Sounds like a simple fix; give them human studs.
>>
>>48994043
Arthas, the entire Scarlet Crusade, a fair amount of the original paladins were basically Warhammer Witch Hunters, not to mention a very large number of characters in the Warcraft comics.

Plus, most of the Twilight Cult other than Cho'gall.

Death Knights and the Cult of the Damned were also originally entirely human.

Oh, and Blackmoore.
>>
>>48994243
You know what, these are very good points. Thanks for those
>>
>>48994243
Arthas wasn't part of the alliance as we know it.
Scarlet Crusade was its own entity with very minimal alliance contact.
Twilight Cult had all races in it
Death knights and cult of the damned had no alliance connection
Is blackmoore the dude that fucked with thrall? Wasn't that alliance of lordaeron bullshit?
>>
>>48994190
>No Illidan, I love my husband. Now I will wait 10,000 years while he fucks around in the Emerald Dream with his buddies.
>>
>>48994243
>Death Knights
Original death knights were human knight corpses raised with orc warlock souls
>>
>>48994175
I know they'll never do it because it would be confusing for the casuals, but Forsaken Death Knights are bullshit. They should have a human model just like their Alliance counterparts, and no gnomes, Draenei, Furries, Gobbos, or Night Elves either.

Forsaken hunters should be Sylvanas' Dark Rangers too.
>>
>>48994348
A hunter is not a dark ranger, anon. Dark rangers are more or less dex death knights
>>
>>48994283
Technically the Alliance is the Alliance of Lordaeron with Night Elves and filthy Stormwinders in charge. The Scarlet Crusade was largely comprised of the remnant of Lordaeron's armies and Silver Hand survivors.
>>
>>48993717
The gameplay is fine, the story has some neat Protoss side characters.

But that EVIL GOD shit? That turned into Kerrigan becoming a fiery angel and blasting said evil void god, and then her returning so that she and Raynor could live out their true love.
>>
>>48994348
Unfortunately they can never do stuff like that for class/race combos(witch doctor flair for troll shamans and the like) because the other side would drown the forums in bitching even if a race of their own faction was getting something too.
>>
>>48994377
True, but it's the only reason I can think of for why a rotting corpse has enough of a connection with nature to tame wild beasts.
>>
Am I the only one happy about the new Warchief? She makes more sense than the other leaders and Thrall's off rebuilding the Jedi Order or whatever.
>>
File: 110509_olddk.jpg (104KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
110509_olddk.jpg
104KB, 400x465px
>>48994243
>Death Knights and the Cult of the Damned were also originally entirely human.

Wow thats just rude! Just because Teron Gorefiend and his friends look like humans doesnt mean they are! Respect their choice of racial denonimation, they are ORCS trapped inside a human body!.
>>
>>48994412
Technically, forsaken hunters would be either marksmen or use undead beasts. Fuck flavor, though
>>
>>48994454
It's an interesting choice, kinda wish that Vol'jin didn't have to die for it to happen. I wonder if the rumor that he was gonna go MIA during Legion was even true at all in the slightest.

I'm also not excited about the cliche of werewolves vs zombies in Legion.
>>
>>48994454
I'm more concerned with who will be the new troll racial leader. Rok'han maybe? But I also feel like Baine would have been a solid choice for warchief.
>>
>>48994454
Sylvanas would be a great military leader but an awful face of the Horde. They should have made Saurfang warchief and Sylvanas as one of our main field leaders. But of course, that doesn't glorify Kosak's waifu enough.

That's a big reason for so many people hating it, it's literally handwaved. "I DON'T TRUST YA, BUT KOSAK WHISPERED IN MY EAR SO YA BE IN CHARGE."
>>
>>48994454
I said this last thread too, but I think if she gets some character development to where she considers the whole horde as "her people" instead of just the forsaken she'll make a good warchief
>>
>>48994454
>Sylvanas "even my own people are just sacrifices to keep me alive" Windrunner
>Sylvanas "deploy the Plague" Windrunner
>Sylvanas "Lich Queen" Windrunner
>more sense
>than Baine "my dad was friends with Thrall and Vol'jin and Stormwind's new king likes me" Bloodhoof or Lor'Themar "the Alliance would actually listen to overtures of peace from me" Theron or even Varok "twice the Orc Garrosh was and twice as smart, too" Saurfang
>making more sense than even Jastor "anything for a profit" Gallywix

You wot m8?
>>
File: fcfasdw.png (110KB, 258x326px) Image search: [Google]
fcfasdw.png
110KB, 258x326px
>>48994551
>>
>>48994551
If I ever become a writer for Blizzard, I want you all to screenshot this: I will make Gallywix warchief of the Horde.
>>
>>48994538
>Blizz caring about racial leaders
Saurfang has only just now been confirmed the official orc racial leader. We'll be lucky if the Darkspear do anything for two expansions.
>>
>>48994551
>>48994579
>tfw gallywix's greatest moment happened in an AU timeline that was prevented from ever coming to pass
He rebelled against Garrosh and ended up having a fist fight with him atop the burning wreckage of his spider mech, fucking Metal Gear style.
>>
>>48994579
First make Gallywix actually look like his fucking art. And his own giant fucking face in the mountain.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160818-191149.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160818-191149.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>48994545
That's what I'm hoping. I think that was their intention when they had her in shock over the promotion, and how everyone was looking to her for guidance at the funeral.

Sylvanas is nothing if not devoted to her people, and if she's truly given her all to the Kalimdor Horde then they are a force to be reckoned with.

On a personal level it's nice to have a Warchief I care about again and her new model is fucking hot.
>>
>>48994657
Oh bullshit. I'm not calling out you, but her whole "leniancy from my bow" made me wish to put my dick in her whore mouth.

But I know if I did that, Nathanos would have his dick in me so fast, your head would spin.
>>
>>48994604
I wish they would do more with Gallywix.
>>
File: Sylvanas_HotS_Art.jpg (2MB, 3600x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvanas_HotS_Art.jpg
2MB, 3600x2250px
>>48994657
>new model is fucking hot
You mean the one where it's a fucking hodgepodge of plate, chainmail and leather? Even the fucking colors clash like mad
>>
>>48994681
Actually that was a bug apparently, only warlocks were meant to have that line. While for everyone else she thanked them about Broken Shore.
>>
>>48994657
>Sylvanas is nothing if not devoted to her people,
No, Kosak, you're waifu is a cunt who would sell out every last one of her Forsaken to give her cold dead cunt ass one more day away from the eternal torment that awaits her.
>if she's truly given her all to the Kalimdor Horde
She only joined for their protection from the Alliance. She's never cared about the Horde or its problems. She just wants someone else to save her ass.
>On a personal level it's nice to have a Warchief I care about again and her new model is fucking hot
Go fuck an exhaust pipe.
>>
>>48994657
ARROWS
IN
MY
QUIVER
>>
>>48994707
Well I haven't read the novels, so I have an incomplete picture here. Explain.
>>
>>48994771
Don't need to read the fucking novels. It's all in the fucking game.
>>
>>48994816
Not the same guy but where exactly? it's been a long ass time since I've done any of the leveling and all I really remember with her is in silverpine where she seemed to be doing most of what she was doing in the interest of keeping her people from going extinct/getting more land
>>
>>48994538
>Rok'han maybe
They really don't have any other characters in established lore or noticeable in game, plus he's a shadow hunter, so yeah he's your new leader, but won't be listed as such for 18-24 months, and that'll be a tweet that gets retracted the next day.
>>
>>48994905
Nowhere,all of that isn't in-game. People are still butt hurt that the story story involving her and her suicide is where she said that the forsaken were nothing to her but pawns, I'm one of those butt hurt dudes, it's mostly in the shitty novels that make characters like Sylvanas so shit.
>>
>>48994704
I dunno, I like it. The warmer red undertones are a nice change. It's a series of warm purple/reds and browns. Color theory dictates it actually doesn't clash as much as you think.
>>
>>48994967
It's that how she truly felt, or was she just frustrated?

I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>48994707
>No, Kosak, you're waifu is a cunt who would sell out every last one of her Forsaken to give her cold dead cunt ass one more day away from the eternal torment that awaits her.
I can't wait until the canon proves you wrong.

All these Ally fags whining about Sylvanas. I can't wait to lick all that salt when she turns out to be a great Warchief.

>b-but muh Kosak memes
Hah, whine more, Ally-fags.
>>
>>48995047
Well, since Blizzard likes to go by what's in-game over whats in the books I say it never was said, thought-of or happened.

Just chalk it up to the shitty writing from Golden and Knaak, two of the worlds worst authors in my eyes.
>>
>>48995047
Well, considering it was right after Arthas was killed, and she LITERALLY committed suicide moments later, I don't think she was in an emotionally stable state of mind when she said those things. And when she said the bulwark comments about the Forsaken, she had just barely escaped mega-Hell. So again, with the torture fresh in her head, she wasn't exactly in a calm state of mind. So even though she said those things, if you are a rational human being, you will take her words with a grain of salt and realize that she's not just a 2D stagnant lich queen character.
>>
>>48995102
But she has been and has been developing plague of her own to spread against everyone else.
Bitch is pure psycho and literally no reason to be near Horde leadership.
If she wasn't Kosak's waifu, she would be a raid boss by now.
>>
File: volta.jpg (109KB, 654x900px) Image search: [Google]
volta.jpg
109KB, 654x900px
>>48995061
>Elf
>Great warchief

Fucking hell, I hate this neo-horde.
>>
>>48995127
>But she has been and has been developing plague of her own to spread against everyone else.
So you're saying she SHOULDN'T develop weapons of war during wartime and when her kingdom is surrounded by enemies?

'Kay.

Go back to Gilneas, furry.

Oh. Wait. You can't.
>>
>>48995127
>But she has been and has been developing plague of her own to spread against everyone else.
It's funny how you say that, and she's only really used it in Cata when she was at war with the Gilneans.

>But Garrosh ordered her not to
Yeah, Garrosh wanted to use her Forsaken as body shields to wedge a hole open in the Gilnean wall. He really doesn't have the Forsaken's best interest at heart. Which is why he told Sylvanas to not use her best weapon against her enemy, and instead wanted her to suicide hundreds/thousands of soldiers against some werewolves to gain a territory that she doesn't even want. Because the plague is "dishonorable" and has no place in "muh honorable Horde."
>>
>>48995159
>implying only Worgen have any problem with Blight

Reminder that even Garrosh "eat a Old God's heart because what could go wrong?" Hellscream thought it was going too far to plague-bomb people for new Forsaken.
>>
>>48995219
But not to mana bomb an entire city.

Garrosh is a hypocrite with double standards. Why in the old gods' name would you use him to boost your argument?
>>
>>48995246
Because it's that much more damning when someone like him thinks "okay maybe we should slow down, this is getting pretty Lich King up in here?"

When basically the worst guy you know thinks you've gone too far, it's time to pull back.
>>
>>48993267
you must have missed out on all the bonding they did. That happened in fucking books and not the game
>>
>>48995219
>>48995246
>>48995281

To be fair, him being against plaguebombing was before he went over the deep end.
>>
>>48995281
Again, Garrosh is full of double-standards. You really shouldn't be using his words for your argument. He cared nothing for the Forsaken.

Sylvanas may be a war criminal to some, but she is a hero for her own people, because she has consistently looked out for their interests again and again and again.
>>
>>48991766
Well Sylvannias did massacre the Furries and the survivors turned into Furries. So that's pretty shitty. They was just trying to say fuck off to everyone.
>>
>>48995287
When did Genn and Varian ever interact in the novels?
>>
>>48995359
Wolfheart I think its called
>>
>>48995373
A terrible book.
>>
>>48994043
>toon
It was a penal regiment that disobeyed direct orders. They were all executed afterwards
>>
>>48995373
Ah, the book that did such a shit job at making the worgen look badass that Knaak decided to turn varian into a wild gods champion all the while making the night elves incompetant as fuck.
>>
File: Sarin_test_rabbit.jpg (1MB, 3624x4564px) Image search: [Google]
Sarin_test_rabbit.jpg
1MB, 3624x4564px
>>48995127
>What are biological and chemical weapons programs?

Again, it's abhorent, but entirely consistent with the times. My only gripe is that the Alliance is never shown to engage in such practices despite all of human history indicating they should and would.
>>
>>48995159
>spoiler

Goddamn, savagechief.
>>
>>48995287
>That happened in fucking books and not the game
WoW in a nutshell
>>
>>48995357
Fursecution is never shitty. Shame on you.
>>
>>48994454
I'm a little concerned they're going to kill off Thrall. I see no reason why he'd give Doomhammer away.
>>
>>48995500
The spirits of Azeroth abandon him after they learn from Draenor he used the elements in Mak'gora. How they found out, I don't know.
>>
>>48995500
He's just going to go on a spirit journey to reconnect with the elements or some shit.
>>
>>48993632
Try /v/ or /wowg/.
It's really not what the thread and board is for.
>>
>>48995533
What a fucking hippie.
>>
>>48995530
Basically the Orc ancestors made a deal with the elements to ignore him because of his cheating
>>
>>48992819
>They've barely acknowledged Lordaeron past vanilla
They almost forgot that humans weren't all unified under one kingdom.

>It made Stormwind look like a fucking backwards swamp village and it gets nothing
When are you talking?
In wc3 stormwind was rebuilt/rebuilding.
Before the first war the Kingdom of Azeroth(Stormwind) was the greatest of all human nations.
>>
>>48995566
Oh well, My Shammie will make fine use of his Hamma.
>>
>>48995465
Sylvanas, Banshee Queen
2BBB
Legendary Zombie Elf

Double Strike, Flash, Haste, Persist
Other Zombie creatures you control get +1/+1 and Persist

3/2
>>
>>48995651
Ffs Calia Menethil even shows up in Legion but neither her or the Alliance want Lordaeron back
>>
>>48995651
I don't think Stormwind was even close to being top dog of the human kingdoms. None of the other kingdoms even wanted to talk to Stormwind before the refugees showed up talking about orcs and shit.
>>
>>48995651
>Before the first war the Kingdom of Azeroth(Stormwind) was the greatest of all human nations.
...What?
>>
>>48995700
All the kingdoms were at war pretty much all of the times.
>>
>>48995700
>I don't think Stormwind was even close to being top dog of the human kingdoms. None of the other kingdoms even wanted to talk to Stormwind before the refugees showed up talking about orcs and shit.

And what do you base that on?

Here read this:
>>
>>48995725
no they weren't, not even the Chronicles state that the human kingdoms ever waged war with one another.
>>
>>48995718
See >>48995730
>>
>>48993632
I dunno, do you like healing?
>>
>>48995730
welp, my mistake. I've never seen the wc2 manual describing the human nations before.
>>
>>48995730
...moar?
>>
>>48995548
Well he is a member of the Earthen Ring.

>>48995667
I'm happy enhancefriends get Doomhammer but I'm more than pleased with my electric Titan fist.
>>
>>48995757
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Warcraft%202%20Battlenet%20edition.PDF

oh hay
>>
>>48995441
>My only gripe is that the Alliance is never shown to engage in such practices
Because they're not filthy barbarians like the Horde and have no need to.
>>
File: SevenKingdoms.png (547KB, 1576x884px) Image search: [Google]
SevenKingdoms.png
547KB, 1576x884px
>>48995757
>>
>>48995805
>Because they're not filthy barbarians like the Horde and have no need to.
Oh child...
>>
>>48995821
Don't give me that bullshit, kid.
>>
>>48995805
Are you saying you don't want to engage in glorious chemical warfare in the name of your new worgen King?
>>
Lordaeron > Stormwind.
>>
>>48995821
>>48995831
Ladies, please, you're both beautiful.
>>
>>48995846
>thinking Genn will act like cunt Sylvanas
Nice try, horde baby.
>>
>>48995817
>Gilneas' symbol is a stylized "5"
>they are the fifth nation shown

Bravo Metzen
>>
>>48995870
I can't wait to see how salty you are when it happens.
>>
>>48995870
But that's his thing. The thing that he does.
>>
>>48995856
I too enjoy playing forsaken more than human.
>>
>>48995817
Where has Kul Tiras gone? And Stromgarde they just sorta got ruined fro no reason.
>>
>>48995883
Can't wait to see the salt when Sylvanas dies, getting what's coming to her.
>>
>>48995903
Kul Tiras got forgotten and Stromgarde is a miserable pile of idiotic bullshit writing.
>>
>>48995909
>he actually thinks Sylvanas is going to die when she's this popular and easily perpetuates the faction conflict
Hah.
>>
>>48995903
To the isle of shitty writing
>>
>>48995909
>Kozzy killing his waifu

2/10 bait
>>
>>48995931
Even the majority of Horde players hate her.
Can't keep cunt alive for a few faggot's waifuism.
>>
>>48995909
Can't wait for the salt when sylvanas gets that redemption arc
>>
>>48995941
It's cute that you think that.

Have fun watching her get redeemed.
>>
>>48995877
Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be a customer, but I'm still your superior as a game designer!
>>
>>48995933
Must be a big island.
>>
>>48995903
Metzen literally starts chasing you and smacking you with horse whip you mention Kul Tiras in the office
>>
>>48995785
Thanks man
>>
>>48995964
>>48995942
So you're admitting she's a cunt who needs to be redeemed?
Good job, kid.
>>
>>48995975
I like to envision it as the other side of the planet has a floating garbage island chilling there
>>
>>48995988
That's not the same poster, dumbass.
>>
>>48995988
Are you implying that anyone on horde thinks she was anything but completely evil before? She's literally the token evil teammate for the horde bruh.
>>
>>48994047
>one legion for all timelines.
Tweet was deleted, hasn't been mentioned by anyone in canon.
>>
>>48996008
>before
>implying she's changed
Delusion.
>>
>>48995988
None of the above posters argued she wasn't a cunt.

But she ain't getting killed, furry.
>>
>>48995785
Best video game manual ever, sad I lost my copy.
>>
>>48996022
I really can't wait to fucking murder some alliance.
>>
File: alliancecouncil.png (61KB, 315x218px) Image search: [Google]
alliancecouncil.png
61KB, 315x218px
>>48995987
wc1 manual:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/3914674/Warcraft-Orcs-Humans-Manual

wc3 manual:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Warcraft%20III%20Manual.pdf

wc3 manual has some stuff about the nerubian war, what happened with the alliance after wc2.
How stromgarde and gilneas left after the elves left.
How khaz modan pledged full alliegance though.
>>
>>48996034
>getting mad and projecting now
Cute, kid. Keep trying.
>>
>>48996056
With or without plague?
>>
>>48996008
She's like Neutral Evil, and to be fair, most world leaders are.
>>
>>48996077
humanity is the plague
>>
>>48996065
>kid
Niggah, ain't no one in this thread's a kid. We're all a bunch of old fucking faggots arguing about a 20ish year old franchise and trolling the shit out of each other.
>>
>>48996092
You can't even say nigger.
You are a kid.
>>
>>48996092
But if he calls people he disagrees with kid then it seems like he's nonchalant and not a rabid furry sympathizer
>>
>>48995997
With Azshara Crater, Azjol-Nerub, Gundrak, Karabor, Bladespire Citadel, and Farahlon.

Thanks Blizzard. :)
>>
>>48996105
Pretty sure /tg/ is one of the oldest boards here.

Fuck I'm 30.
>>
>>48995464
And its pissing me off.
>>
>>48996106
This made me chuckle. Thank you, friendo.
>>
File: 0.jpg (503KB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
503KB, 2160x1440px
Also >image board
>>
>>48994604
I can't see that. Because as much as I hate Garrosh, he's fucking RIPPED and could break Gallywix in half in a direct confrontation.

Now, Gallywix paying off Garrosh's personal guard to leave him exposed, so Garrosh gets a face full of machine gun? That I could totally see.
>>
>>48995997
It'll be a raid one day.

Med'an is the final boss.
He's also every boss.
>>
>>48996118
You misspelled 13.
It's nothing personnel... kid, but no one believes you when you're dumb enough to bite age bait.
>>
File: SevenKingdomsStats2.jpg (115KB, 938x456px) Image search: [Google]
SevenKingdomsStats2.jpg
115KB, 938x456px
>>48996135
Pic I made with some input from anons here.
Like a month ago.

Guesstimation of human nation power levels pre wc1.
And gibberish below.
>>
>>48996158
Uh okay, you got me. I'm lying on an anonymous Tibetan sand mandala board for internet points.

Good job.
>>
>>48995761
I respecced from Enhancement to Elemental because it was the only way to keep the fire elemental.

The fire elemental is my character's friend. How can I abandon a friend?
>>
>>48996203
Kul Tiras should have a higher economic score - they're a merchant nation. Pretty good though.
>>
>>48996253
Shhhh, friend. Anon is trolling you. Let it go.
>>
>>48996265
Enhancement doesn't get Fire elemental? I love that guy!
He's even better than his supposed upgrade Storm elemental.

Also I enjoy that I can have Fire and Earth out at the same time again.
>>
File: sylvanaswindrunner3.png (3MB, 1345x2104px) Image search: [Google]
sylvanaswindrunner3.png
3MB, 1345x2104px
>>48996292
But I never cared to begin with?

Serious question: what would it take to stop all three Windrunner sisters working together on a rampage?
>>
>>48996336
Turalyon, Rhonin, and Nathanos.
>>
>>48996336

A group of heroic adventurers out for epic loot.
>>
>>48996366
Truer words never spoken.
>>
>>48996355
This is more correct. Windrunners never fail to fall for human cock.
>>
>>48996419
I mean, can you blame them? Or at least, can you blame Sylvanas? Nathanos is was top quality human male.
>>
>>48996327
I'm so glad they moved storm elemental back to being a talent instead of an artifact trait, since it's not mandatory.

Because, as stated with respeccing to elemental, I want to keep the mechanics that best represent the character.

It's why I rolled a second mage instead of dual speccing my main, since she's always been pure arcane. She may know a couple frost spells, like ice floes and ice barrier, but she's not about to start dropping blizzards. Especially nice is the change to arcane's mastery, because the character's thing was always being able to tap into a fuckhuge amount of arcane power, but having to be careful not to overload. So now mastery increases max mana, so it feels like an even better representation for the character.

Meanwhile, my nelf rogue is staying combat despite the change, because picking up new skills was always her thing. Backstory wise, she was a scout pre-WC3, picked up some lockpicking skills from a blind gnome rogue (guildie, and those giant ears are good for something) later, has picked up assorted combat skills each expansion, and in WoD she got put in charge of a boat with the shipyard because "Fuck it, we literally have no one else on hand who has ever captained a boat." Her backstory is a clusterfuck, but when you've lived so long, that's inevitable.
>>
File: ;.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
;.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
reminder that this was the best ship that ever was or ever will be
>>
>>48996568
>It's just like my animes
>>
>>48996568
The litch King/dread lord combo is a good one
>>
>>48996568

If it was so good why did they break it off?

Checkmate, romantics.
>>
>>48996596
Because having a screaming baby around kills the romance. Good thing Jaina dumped Arthas.
>>
I wish WoW was more like D&D like it used to be. I got into an argument on reddit with a bunch of idiots over whether or not the paladin mounts were magic creatures summoned from another dimension.

Of fucking course they are. They're spells, not mounts.
>>
>>48996647
>They're spells, not mounts.
Then why were they added to the mount collection tab?
>>
>>48996681
Convenience?

You could silence it (Holy) and you didn't have to hold it in your bag. Just like the Warlock's not-Nightmare.
>>
>>48996739
and the entire quest line suggested that you were sanctifying a tortured horse and bringing it back into the light.
>>
>>48996647
Well, they sort of are, and sort of aren't

The alliance paladin's mount is the redeemed spirit of death knight Darkreaver's undead horse. It is a soul that can manifest a physical form for its master to ride. It is not an extradimensional beast
>>
>>48996782
Interesting. I learned something.

The original argument was why the Dorfs don't get their own mount.

The real answer is the Devs don't give a shit
>>
>>48996739
Worst thing ever. Doing the wrathgate in 3.0 when Alex pacifies the area and the only mount you have is the rally one. Had to run across most of dragonblight before I could mount again.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 351x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 351x419px
>>48996568

Blizzard loves revisiting plots that everyone has forgotten, you know this is gonna happen eventually. What better way to redeem Jaina?
>>
What's the relationship between the Well(s) of Eternity and Azeroth? Was Anveena Azeroth dreaming?

What if Elune is Azeroth dreaming?
>>
>>48996827

Don't you mean redeem Arthas?
>>
>>48996827
It won't happen now, but it should have happened years ago

It's poetic as fuck
>>
>>48996827
Jaina a shit, I hope she gets unceremoniously cleaved into meat chunks in legion.
>>
>>48996859
I want Jaina to break down crying and dealing with her anger.
>>
>>48996850
The Well of Eternity 1.0 was, for lack of a better term, a big gaping open wound that gushed magic instead of blood. It appeared when when Aman'Thul ripped the Old God Y'Shaarj from the surface of Azeroth.

Many years later trolls mutated by being too close to this bodibly cavity into the night elves we know today. Blessed with their new smooth faces they worshiped the Well for many years.

Then the upper crust elves started practicing magic all willy nilly. Demons took notice and pretended to be friends. The demons said "Say friends, why don't you use that big magic pool to bring our boss over? I'm sure he'd love to meet you!"

Being the cunning dogs they are the lower caste elves knew something was up and fought to stop the summoning of Super Satan. It worked but they had to blow up their well, the very basis of their civilization, to do it. This also broke the world. Also if the Well was an oozing sore before now its a hemorrhaging ghastly site.

The remaining highborne were told to make like trees and get out of here. So they did and they went east and east and east. About as far east as anyone has gone.
Turns out So-n'-So Sunstrider kept a flask of Well juice on him which he poured on the ground to make a new OC donut steel well. This was the Sunwell, which is totally different from moonwells.

Also after the whole mess with fighting demons, notable lore figure Illidan though it would be a good idea to make his own on top of a mountain. Malfurion said this was a bad idea and the reason demons showed up in the first place. Illidan said f u nerd. Bad things probably happened because they had to cover Illidan's well with a tree.

I don't have a very good memory.
>>
>>48993759
Not really, the oldest of the bunch, Furion, Tyrande, etc were about a thousand years old before the Sundering and getting immortality.

Now assuming that they stopped aging during the 10k years of immortality, they really are less than 2k years old. If we look at the high/blood elves, who never had immortality, Kael was hundreds of years old and was considered young. I believe Anastarian was ~3k years old and despite being an obviously old and past his prime, was still healthy enough to fight.

So if comparing this to human years, we're assuming Anastarian to be in his 70s and Kael in his 20s or 30 tops, majority of the Nelves from the Sundering are really only in their 30s and 40s, 50 tops. That's not dying by any means. Sure they got a big nerf, but it's never mentioned that they're some eldar tier dying race.

Considering that the orcs were so severely weakened, they're probably the strongest faction in Kalimdor

As for why they were able to beat the orcs in their own turf:
They don't really have a homefield advantage, they were never established in the barren lands that the orcs control, they took had the biggest casualties and infrastructure damage in the Kalimdor part of the 3rd War and orcs had a decade to establish themselves on Kalimdor. All these even out both sides, it didn't mattered if it was "their turf". Then this comes down to orcs being more warlike than they were. It also didn't help that Blizz writers all have a boner for orcs.
>>
>>48997061

More or less accurate. The only thing you neglected was the Naga.
>>
>>48997090
Right. Upper crusts that didn't get exiled were turned into nagas and satyrs.
>>
>>48996896
This.

She can keep the hate for the bombing of Theramore, but I want her to direct her at the people actually responsible. Not the civilians and no-named grunts that had no choice in the matter beyond 'follow Garrosh' or 'get killed by Garrosh.'

Unless her bailing out on the Alliance between Tirion's death and the Broken Shore end cinematic was a plot point and not an animator oversight. If she really bailed instead of porting out the major Alliance leaders like we know she damn well can, then she's as bad as she's as bad as she claims the Horde is for retreating, and can die in a fire for all I care.

Also, much as I hate Sylvanas, I'd be more accepting of her as warchief if she starts showing remorse and giving reparations for all the shit she's done. Genn may not forgive her, but apologizing for the shit she did to Gilneas and work to fix it would... okay, I wouldn't like her, but I'd hate her significantly less.
>>
>>48997061
You should do more summaries, this is great.
>>
>>48997126
>Also, much as I hate Sylvanas, I'd be more accepting of her as warchief if she starts showing remorse and giving reparations for all the shit she's done. Genn may not forgive her, but apologizing for the shit she did to Gilneas and work to fix it would... okay, I wouldn't like her, but I'd hate her significantly less.
What a furry.

I demand restitution for all of the Forsaken your wolves butchered at the Gilnean wall.
>>
>>48997061
Mostly accurate, but the Well blowing up wasn't intentional. Shit started going down and there was no way to stop the continent from being torn to pieces. It's really less 'explosion' and more a steady, but very rapid, continental drift.
>>
>>48997126
>Unless her bailing out on the Alliance between Tirion's death and the Broken Shore end cinematic was a plot point and not an animator oversight. If she really bailed instead of porting out the major Alliance leaders like we know she damn well can, then she's as bad as she's as bad as she claims the Horde is for retreating, and can die in a fire for all I care.
Well...

Jaina leaves the Broken Shore, more demons show up.
Jaina leaves Varian's wake, more demons show up.
Jaina leaves Dalaran, more demons show up.

I ain't saying she's a dreadlord, but she's got hell of a Pokemon lure if she ain't.
>>
File: suffer not the furfag.jpg (10KB, 203x197px) Image search: [Google]
suffer not the furfag.jpg
10KB, 203x197px
>>48997126
t. furfag
gilneas a shit, furfags a shit, yiff in hell furfag
pic extremely related.
even if sylvanas a shit for making plague crap, you all lost all sympathy for choosing to go full furshitter to escape your fates.
>>
>>48997061
Can you summarize the entire horde and alliance northrend campaign?
>>
>>48997165
I really, really hope they don't make that fucking meme canon.

I'd must rather Jaina be a hypocrite that ported out to save her own skin and doesn't give a shit about the rest of the Alliance, than have her even more derailed than she already has been.

And there's really no way to do 'she was a dreadlord all along!' in a satisfying manner. Maybe if they pulled it during MoP, with her getting replaced and allowing the mana bomb shit to happen to intentionally push faction conflict, it could work. But it's just been too long. Replacing her recently wouldn't help the Legion agenda at all.

Or make it expressly clear that Jaina ported out with as many soldiers as she could, leaving the leadership behind because they had their airship and she hasn't seen the reaver being summoned in. That could possibly work.

Though really, just having Varian shout "Jaina, get our men out of here!" after ordering the retreat would be better, in my opinion. If only because it would mean Varian's self sacrifice extended to the whole of his troops. I was happy to see his gradual shift from showing sympathy for Saurfang at Icecrown, with Cata and MoP showing her wasn't completely past his hatred, to Legion bringing his growth to an end. He went from a leader I tolerated to one who had earned respect... plus the dude soloed a fel reaver without magical power ups. Just straight up sword to the face.
>>
File: 0feiIaj.jpg (827KB, 2240x1596px) Image search: [Google]
0feiIaj.jpg
827KB, 2240x1596px
>>48997279
>I really, really hope they don't make that fucking meme canon.
Yeah, but it's Blizzard. They'll pick the worst possible choice.
>>
File: Sylvanas Fangs 02.png (972KB, 1272x541px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvanas Fangs 02.png
972KB, 1272x541px
Why do elves have fangs now?

And why is it so hot?
>>
>>48997163
>Mostly accurate
After the first sentence I realized that was my goal.

>>48997249
I cannot! I never got through WCIII, never played an alliance character on the continent an like I said I have a bad memory so I can only spottily remember questlines.

Sorry to disappoint!
>>
>>48997311
I noticed that, too. I think it's just Sylvanas.

Also, the new banshee models have fangs. So maybe it's a bashee thing?
>>
>>48997347
But she's not a banshee anymore, she reclaimed her body.
>>
File: SavagePunch.jpg (98KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
SavagePunch.jpg
98KB, 312x445px
>>48997155
>>48997184
Obvious trolling, but I'll bite.

I don't like the worgen, at all. And if you think I'm a furry from my comment, you have the reading comprehension of a blind toddler.

Plague bombing is a crime against humanity, and that is my issue. If your only defense is 'fuck off furfag', you have already lost.
>>
>>48997311
Nelfs have had fangs since WC3. High elves having them is news to me, though.

Though I guess that might explain why the scourge belfs got typecast as vampires.
>>
>>48997355
No, she is still a confirmed banshee. She's puppeting around her body like a meatsuit, bit she's still technically a banshee and still has all of a banshee's abilities (and then some). Wowpedia even says she can leave her body and possess people.
>>
>>48997387
>Though I guess that might explain why the scourge belfs got typecast as vampires.
Oh that's right. Forgot about that.
>>
>>48997126
>She can keep the hate for the bombing of Theramore, but I want her to direct her at the people actually responsible. Not the civilians and no-named grunts that had no choice in the matter beyond 'follow Garrosh' or 'get killed by Garrosh.'
>we wuz just following orders, we dindu nuffin
nah.
>>
>>48997279
>I'd must rather Jaina be a hypocrite that ported out to save her own skin and doesn't give a shit about the rest of the Alliance, than have her even more derailed than she already has been.
>jaina
>literally went halfway across the world for the alliance
>made new allies and went the extra mile to become friends with the horde
>"She is totally a traitor guys, king chin and noname pandaren are true alliance herrows"
>>
>>48997531
Grunts and peons are literally too stupid to question orders.
>>
>>48997544
That is not remotely what I said, but good job, you know how to completely misread a statement to suit your own ends.
>>
>>48997279
Did people not like Varian? Everything I've seen him in he's been kind of a badass.
>>
>>48997565
how the fuck is she a hypocrite?
She was the lynchpin of the alliance since RoC. King chin and all the other OC donut steel characters were made later to be part of canon.
>>48997550
>be literally retarded
>"ayyoo, you must give us the same rights and gibsmedats"
>>
>>48997311
Evolutionary throwback to troll days.
>>
>>48997580
My opinion was mostly "Eh, just don't fuck shit up, King Chin" and "I kind of hope Anduin becomes king soon." I didn't like him, but didn't not like him, you know?

I just got really fucking tired of the faction war, really fast, because Blizzard keeps pushing this huge, unified threat to Azeroth each expansion, so it makes the RED vs BLU shit feel stupid.

If they had an expansion that DIDN'T have a single, huge threat against the entire planet, then the faction war could work a bit better. But in context, it always comes off as incredibly stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 395x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 395x400px
>>48996827
It should happen but Thrall has worst girl as his waifu who made him a bitch.
>>
>>48997580
He just was never very interesting, and then they did that whole amazing Loh' Gosh split, then when they resolved it he went back to being super uninteresting rather than keeping that interesting.
Then he had possibly the second best death in wow so he is back to being in a few good graces.
>>
>>48997580

When he first appeared they tried too hard to make him the "anti-Thrall" and it failed horribly, so people hated him for being a shitty character. His development in MoP and beyond made him better, but before that he was pretty awful.
>>
>>48997598
>how the fuck is she a hypocrite?
READING COMPREHENSION, anon. Work on it.

She's there when you watch Tirion die, she makes an ice bridge, there's no mention of her leaving, then she's not there in the ending cinematic when her most notable ability (mass teleport, which she uses frequently) would have been most helpful.

I'm saying HOW they explain that plot point will determine whether or not she's a hypocrite. If she abandoned the fight before Varian gave the order to retreat, she did exactly the same thing she railed on the Horde for doing: Abandoning the Alliance forces. When she keeps stating that the Horde 'left us to die', even when SHE WASN'T THERE.
>>
>>48994454
Warchief=Defense Against The Dark Arts.
>>
>>48994579
I want a Gallywix/Her Tallest plot.

HT's husbando is dead afterall.
>>
>>48997687
more like blizzard forgot about her and will handwave it away like the infinite legion bullshit or how the azeroth titan is actually dead already.
>>
>>48997722
Well yeah. My entire point was about how Blizzard will handle it. It could really go either way at this point.
>>
>>48997731
>yfw blizzard says she was a dreadlord all along
>>
File: 1410654877219.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1410654877219.png
148KB, 300x300px
>>48997736
>yfw
Probably this.
>>
>>48994454
I'm pleased with it.
>>
It would have been wiser to put Baine in charge. He's talked to Jaina, he's talked with Anduin. It's the peaceful cow tribe for Gods sake. What does Sylvanas have that makes her better than Baine Bloodhoof?
>>
>>48997873
>What does Sylvanas have that makes her better than Baine Bloodhoof?
Fanboys.
>>
>>48997873
The head writers undying devotion
>>
>>48997675

That's the chick from the caverns of time quest right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2000x2832px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2000x2832px
How can other Azeroth races even compete?
>>
>>48997873
the writers essentially, especially since according to writers tauren are dumbass meme cow people,
its the exact same reason literally jack shit is done with goblins.
>>
>>48998012
I'd assume goblins could compete with them by just pumping them full of lead, orcs could probably drop mana bombs. Forsaken could just plague them. What else guys?
>>
>>48998098
Gobbos could also shoot the fuck heug gun at the pandas and blow panda land into pumpkin chunks.
>>
>>48997873
Nobody's really given me an answer for why Baine other than vague notions of peace.

That's what ambassadors are for, not leaders.
>>
>>48995150
Orcs have proven themselves shit at leading
>Blackhand, puppet to one of the most evil character in the entire lore
>Orgrim, dumb enough to trust said asshole
>Thrall, shit at picking successor, SAURFANG WAS LITERALLY RIGHT THERE!!!
>Garrosh, meme'd to death

At least Voljin didn't fuck up anyone else other than himself
>>
>>48998268
He's a strong figurehead that's been with the Horde since the beginning. The familiar face would be an easier pill for the orc clans in Orgrimmar to swallow than having a literal dead elf have control over them.

The fact that he knew and was friends with Thrall and Vol'jin show that he was trusted.

The fact that Garrosh had a hand to play in Cairnes death shows that he has restraint. Even then, he went above and shown even more mercy by simply exiling the Grimtotems as opposed to just slaughtering them all.

The fact that he went to Theramore seeking assistance shows he does not have foolish pride in himself, going forward to show that he is more than willing to reach out when his people require aid.

If you want to go even further (books) he defended Garrosh pretty well, which shows he is quite an orator, and by extension, charismatic leader.
>>
>>48998360
So basically, everything you've inferred instead of actually witnessed.
>>
>>48998436
>Needing everything spelled out for you instead of using your brain to connect the dots.
Hi, you must work for Blizzard.
>>
>>48998268
>>48998360
the book was arbage
>baine has no point
>tyrande just keeps making stupid faces to show baine is winning.
some kangaroo court right there.
>>
>>48998501
By definition, yes it was a kangaroo court. They all already decided that Garrosh was not going to be executed.
>>
>>48998532
The whole thing was asinine. Why was there even a fucking trial?

Oh hey, we're going to invade your country and kill a bunch of people, but we need to make sure we had a good reason now.
>>
>>48998557
Yeah, Garrosh was very obviously guilty.

The trial should've been for his various lieutenants and underlings, to decide if they were as at fault for going along with it, and what an adequate punishment would be.
>>
>>48998557
Varian wanted to kill Garrosh. Thrall didn't want Garrosh executed by the Alliance. So here comes that one fat panda saying "HE SHALL STAND TRIAL IN PANDARIA"
>>
>>48996568
>ywn have a resurrected Arthas telling Jaina he came back for her and to chill the fuck before giving Azeroth the royal child it deserves
>>
>>48994905
See that's fine and all when you're a biological race taht is slowly dying out over time...

Only the issue I take with that whole Silverpine reveal thing is that the Forsaken are literal unholy abomination zombies that shouldn't be walking around like they are!

The whole idea of Forsaken from the start was that they were raised into undeath, used to slaughter their famlies and commit terrible things, yet when the collar round their mind loosened, they escaped and became free willed once more. From there they plot to kill the bastard that did that to them, well after Wrath they got their revenge, so at that point most would or should be satisfied by now and crawl back into the grave.

My original point was the Forsaken before killing Arthas and even old knife ears herself had said; "What joy is there in this curse?!"

For a people and culture that puts such emphasis on survival and free will in equal measures; why on the green world of Azeroth would they want to inflict the same curse onto others? Sure the whole death to the living bit could probably be more aimed at the humans taht kept making things hell for them all, yet that's not the point since they were always wanting to battle the Scourge.

Hell I'd have been fine with Slyvanus doing a swan dive off Icecrown if it meant she got to rest. I mean sure the path she took to reach her goal was terrible for her soul, but she should have at least been laid to rest. If instead she'd gone down fighting against the next big bad or whatever in a amazing show down that's fine too.

Yet the whole 'need to propagate my people' spiel is such a transparent ploy to get more manpower that it violates all those years previous to what we were shown.
>>
>>48998608
It's completely OOC for everyone there to go along with idea, much less for it to be brought up to begin with.

It's just another shitty vehicle so they could send him in his TARDIS to Draenor.
>>
>>48998780
Not saying I agree with their sub-par writing, just saying why they didn't kill him.
>>
>>48998802
No we agree, I'm just pointing out how ludicrous and contrived the whole situation was.
>>
>>48998828
I've played in the Warcraft universe since I was like seven, if they put me in a writing position, I'm sure I could dig this mess out.
>>
>>48998780
>>48998802
>>48998828
It's called Mists of Pandaria, Pandas gota do something amirite???

>not sucessfully defending homeland against foreign invasion
>not getting their own shit together and through that somehow teach RED v BLU a lesson
>not offering something powerful that saves the world from Sha
>no special interaction with their own kin from the Wandering Isle

>we contributed nothing, but will represent all the winners and judge the loser
>spend thousands of years drinking and getting fat
>our whole civilization was inherited from muh ebil oppressors and we don't understand half of them

Fuck I just realized that pandas were literally dindus. At least orc dindus get shit done.
>>
>>48998285
>Orgrim, dumb enough to trust said asshole
Trust is a very strong word but that asshole have him based Gorefiend
>>
new thread when?
>>
File: 1457575075798.jpg (712KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1457575075798.jpg
712KB, 2000x1125px
Last post for Sylvanas did nothing wrong.
>>
>>48999436
New thread up. Don't know how to post the link from my phone though.
>>
>>48999575
Here:
>>48999571
>>48999571
>>48999571
>>
>>48995817
>that Horde symbol hanging from Alterac's banner
deepest lore
>>
>>48995530
I don't think they're actually pissed at him for it. It's more that Thrall's doubting himself over it, so the elements are looking at him sideways, since the last thing you want is to work with someone with zero self-confidence.
>>
>>48996850
Elune is the Light counterpart to the Void lords. She created the Naaru
>>
>>48998285
>>Thrall, shit at picking successor, SAURFANG WAS LITERALLY RIGHT THERE!!!

Saurfang was offered the position and turned it down.
Saurfang Jr. had been Thrall's first choice to succeed him, and was being groomed for the position, until the Wrathgate.
Garrosh was his third choice.
>>
>>48997163
There was definitely some explosion or something, since a good chunk of old kalimdor is under water. The maps from chronicles really show case how much has been lost when you see the distance between say, zul'farrak and zul'gurrub.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.