/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst /tg/ related books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Bgnovelcover.jpg (91KB, 612x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Bgnovelcover.jpg
91KB, 612x1026px
What are worst /tg/ related books you've read?
>>
>>48989859
Dark Elf trilogy, probably
>>
Planescape one was worse.
>>
>>48989887

Not OP, but they're in no way comparable, and I've read both.

Athans is just awful. His entire book reads like a 4 year old's description of their day.

>First we went down the road. And it was hard, our feet hurt. And then we saw some spiders. We fought the spiders. Jaheria got bitten. It was sad.

As pithy as Salvatore could be, he's on a completely different level.
>>
The Dark Sun novels were pretty bad, because they consist of the DMPC party shitting up the setting.
>>
>>48989859
I remember a friend reading those and telling me about them a few years back.

All the fun things like how he made Khalid an abusive asshole just so that he could kill him off and have his self-insert protagonist start fucking Jaheira. I guess he couldn't even wait for Khalid's actual death and handle the romance the way the second game did, he needed her husband not only killed early but character assassinated in the process.
>>
>>48989968
Abdel wasn't self-insert... At least I hope he wasn't.
>>
>>48990125
He sure felt like author wish fulfillment self-insert.

>"Scared and confused level 1 scrub who's never left Candlekeep? Fuck that, now he's a badass mercenary who plays by his own rules and has been adventuring outside of Candlekeep for years! Oh yeah, and he totally sexes up Jaheira because he's such a badass way better than her loser husband who should die to a slime. Also he should fuck Bodhi because she's a hot vampire girl and I want to fuck her!"
>>
>>48989859
I avoid licensed novels because they are generally trash.

Eisenhorn. Being told by /tg/ it was the best of 40k fiction made me try it. Part of me wonders how bad it could really get and wants to read more.
>>
>>48989859
The only tg related book I have ever read, Spellfire.
>>
>>48990255
Most of 40k novels are utter garbage. It tends to lower standards.
>>
>>48990464
I remember several years ago there was a lot of buzz about how good the Ciaphas Cain books were on here. But they're just the Flashman books aren't they?
>>
>>48989918
Even Salvatore could write a better sex scene than the shit in... that book. The vidya game had better writing than the book, even. And the sequel was a whole other level of bad.

>>48989887
That trilogy is the best thing Salvatore ever wrote. The later trilogies are far worse.
>>
>>48990524
>That trilogy is the best thing Salvatore ever wrote.
Dark Elf Trilogy doesn't hold a candle to the Cleric Quintet
>>
>>48990524

Not him, and I'm not a huge Salvataore fan, but I always thought the Hunters Blades was his best work.

I think it's because for once Drizzt has something to whine about.
>>
File: 653506.jpg (35KB, 279x475px) Image search: [Google]
653506.jpg
35KB, 279x475px
>>48990524
>That trilogy is the best thing Salvatore ever wrote.

Bullshit. Dark Elf trilogy is probably the worst thing he ever wrote because it expanded a memorable side character into a main character. Which is almost always a recipe for disaster.

And to answer the OP, ANY of L5R novels. Just don't.
>>
>>48990489

More of a cross between Flashman and Blackadder.
>>
It was a mage: the Ascension book. I remember liking it at the time, but looking back if was just a huge collection of nineties alternative tropes mixed over a silly premise.
>>
I haven't read ANY "licensed novel" that wouldn't be bad.
Ranging from "can have fun with it as 14-16 yo but in in recollection it seems rather shitty and couldnt really read it without cringing ten years later" to "was shitty to begin with even for underage teen eating anything with "fantasy" label". But still bad, either way
>>
File: n122689.jpg (35KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
n122689.jpg
35KB, 303x500px
or so I've been told, never tried it myself
>>
Black Library.
>>
File: way of shadows.jpg (54KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
way of shadows.jpg
54KB, 304x475px
>>48989859
Assuming /tg/-related encompasses general fantasy novels, this pile of shit. Just the most generic, boring, wannabe-edgy and gritty, "I wish I was writing Game of Thrones" sort of dumb dark fantasy.
>>
>>48991186
They say don't judge a book by its cover, but then you show me this
>>
>>48991186
I had friends that tried to get me to read that saying it was an amazing book, glad I never did.
>>
File: premade_4160.jpg (304KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
premade_4160.jpg
304KB, 500x750px
>>48991243
It's the YA covers cancer that seems to have spreads everywhere.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.