/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20160825_124219.jpg (868KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_124219.jpg
868KB, 1440x2560px
Hoping for some constructive criticism.
>>
>>48989238
THIN YOUR P-that looks pretty good actually.
>>
>>48989254
Smoother finish?
>>
>>48989254
And thank you btw.
>>
>>48989238
Looks good. Add some highlights and you'll have an impressive piece to show off on the table.
>>
>>48989238
Looks good but some of the finer detail is lost in the pic because the mini is slightly out of focus.
>>
Thank you. Adding highlights has definitely been where I'm faulting the most. Always end up feeling like I overdo it or don't get the highlighting right. Practice I guess.
>>
>>48989419
Thank you. Yeah the was the best of the ones I took with my phone camera. Doesn't like to focus on smaller objects.
>>
>>48989238
>Hoping for some constructive criticism
Never take a picture of a mini held in your hand, the effort of keeping it and the phone/camera still will cause one or the other to shake slightly, which throws off the focus.

Aside from that try highlighting a little to make the details pop.
>>
>>48989497
Note taken. Thank you :)
>>
>>48989238

From what I can see:

- Use stronger contrasting highlights and shadows. For larger surfaces, you should use a shadow-midtone-highlight at a minimum. For smaller objects, like his belt, it's fine to just paint it one color, then paint the edges in a second lighter color. It looks like you're already doing this. Don't make the same mistake I did when I started and use black washes to shade colored surfaces, that's only for blacks/greys/browns. Using his green robe as an example, start by painting the whole robe with the darkest shade of green that you want to use. Then use a medium green to paint the non-recessed areas. Then take your lightest green and use just a LITTLE BIT to paint the highest raised areas and non-recessed edges. This technique is called layering, and while there are others, it's good to start with, and looks very nice when done correctly.

Use the same method for something like his brown cloak, which in you pic just looks like a single-color blob.

- Don't be afraid of using very high contrast colors for hair. Sometimes just a shadow and highlight is enough. I can see you used at least two colors for the hair, but the pic is too blurry to judge.

- Most of the time, it's good to de-saturate your colors when painting clothing or anything else that isn't normally candy-colored. So mix in a little bit of either grey or beige where appropriate. For that green robe, I'd have mixed in some grey with the green.

- The reds you're using on his bow and scabbard are very jarring. There is a difference between something being red-red, and reddish.

- If you don't have one, either buy or make a wet-palette.

- I don't see any sloppy paint where it shouldn't be, so you already have very good brush control. Good luck!
>>
>>48989238
A tip, do a light wash of the end colors before you paint properly.

The painting itself is great.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.