[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 36

File: Serum Visions.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Serum Visions.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern
>>
File: MetagameJuly.png (850KB, 1053x483px) Image search: [Google]
MetagameJuly.png
850KB, 1053x483px
>>
Twin unban when?
>>
>Elves no longer tier 2
RiP
>Wins an SCG Invitational beating a Jund deck
O-oh really? Just goes to show you can't keep a good meta deck down.
>>
>>48979324
The other thread is shit or something so I'll post this here
Trying to build a human/soldier tribal aggro deck. It's based on an old kitchen table deck that, over time, wound up just being a lot of fun and really good with changes. It revolves around creating tokens, slapping auras and weapons on them, building up Champion of the Parish, and a lot of other shit.

Right now it's R/W, but I'm wondering if G/W would be better for this. I'm torn.

Tl;dr R/W or G/W for human soldier tribal
>>
>>48979478
Why not make it R/W/G?
>>
>>48979685
I'm already having a hard time figuring out what should go in the deck with only two colors.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 242x251px
Hey Faggots,
My name is Jon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded casuals who spend every second of their day making terrible decks. You are everything bad in magic. Honestly, have any of you ever been to a Pro Tour? I mean, I guess it’s fun making your own shit decks, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures of Elspeth.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was world champion, and have several pro tours under my belt. What accomplishments do you have, other than “I once won a game of EDH”? I also have my own card, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch
>>
File: Grim Flayer.xlhq.jpg (392KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Flayer.xlhq.jpg
392KB, 745x1040px
The Pros are experimenting with Junk and Jund Delirium lists running Grim Flayer so i'll ask a question.
What is his Lore significance?
Is the art suggesting he's hunting the men that have killed women (judging by the woman's glove he's grasping) to flay them for answers/torture? His shawl is consists of many of these gloves, possibly wearing them as he avenges them. Is he the ultimate white knight in Golgari colors?
>>
>>48979977
Anon...
>>
>>48979478
>Champion of the Parish
Champion is gonna be pretty bad in Modern. You have to start early game with it, it'll die to Bolt most of the time and PtE or Abrupt Decay all of the time. Topdecking one lategame will probably get you killed. A creature you have to spend multiple turns building into a worthwhile creature won't work out in a format as fast or removal heavy as Modern.

Most of the time, it's going to be worse than just Wild Nacatl.
>>
>>48979977
Ignoring the hilarious misconception, I did see begguchii do well with a jund delirum brew and liliana the last hope did some crazy work, can jund delirium make itself an viable alternate jund build?
>>
>>48980805
I don't know about Flayer, but new lili seems like a must play 1 of in all builds just because of her +1.
>>
So about splendid valakut...
>>
>>48980912
It's ok. Unless dredge gets banned and people stop packing graveyard hate it's probably not worth playing over regular scapeshift, but it's playable now if you really want.
>>
>>48980927
Only real question is what's the sideboard plan? Opponent will bring graveyard hate, blood moon, or both. The gameplan must switch to something completely different to all in on or pack enough artifact & enchant hate to power through. Deceiver exarch, kiki, summon pact, pulse of murasa is an idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>48981039
I mean eldritch evolution
>>
>>48980883
For some reason I keep thinking Last Hope is 2BB.
>>
File: cardart_CollectedCompany.jpg (143KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_CollectedCompany.jpg
143KB, 700x450px
So finally gave in and am gonna play CoCo till it rotates from standard, but it also means I can start playing modern. Any opinions on a good mono green stompy? Just trying to start with a mild budget. Also would elves be a better decision? I can't imagine them costing too much.
>>
>>48980912
I love how the only combo deck capable of top 8 at the moment is basically just ramping into Valakut.
>>
>>48982384
coco aint a stompy type card,infect is far more stompy
>>
>>48982384
>Elves
Pretty much all the money in the deck is going into Cavern of Souls, Horizon Canopy and Collected Company, and you can get away with not using Canopies if you're budget.
>>
>>48982416
Most things like to count Infect and Dredge as Combo.
>>
>>48982738
dredge I can understand, but casting pump spells on creatures is not even close to combo.
>>
>>48979351
how can living end be tier 2 in this meta?
>>
>>48979351

>Living End vs Dredge
>They cast Living End
>Dredge ends up with better creatures

Like pottery
>>
>>48982749
Most people are using Grafdigger's Cage as their graveyard hate of choice right now because it also hits Company/Chord/Evolution, and Cage does absolutely nothing to Living End.
>>
>>48980883
>a must play
What the fuck are you on? She is dead in so many MU's.
>>
>>48982787
Yeah, but now you don't completely fucked g1 in a lot of your bad matches.
>>
>>48980805
Know what my favourite delirium creature is? That 2 mana green one that gets bigger for card types in the yard. But not just your yard, your opponent's too!
>>
Remember to buy your Sword of the Meeks before Kaladesh spoilers come in
>>
>>48982748
>12 threats that do nothing without protection and pump spells.dec is not combo
It sure as shit isn't tempo nor aggro.
>>
>>48979351
Affinity's picture should be Etched Champion in the current meta desu.
>>
>>48982979
It sure as fuck is aggro. You won't win a game with just goblin guide either, but having goblin guide and burn in your deck doesn't make it a combo either.
>>
>>48982986
He's a lovable little cunt but people like to shift the numbers around between him and Master of Etherium. Too many decklists aren't using a 4x, so he's not as much a guaranteed face card as Ravager.
>>
>>48982986

>Etched champion when Bant-drazi is around

Ravager is the eternal posterboy of affinity
>>
>>48983002
Burn/generic aggro can with any combination of cards that have numbers on them, that's the point, Infect does nothing if its creatures are removed or never drawn.
>>
>>48983022
as does any aggro deck. Decks of only creatures and land lose if they have no threats.
>>
>>48983018
Champion swings through manadorks with Plating after retardzi swings at you with TKS and Smashers and wins games vs bolts and paths just by existing.
>>
>>48983036
Champion doesn't swing through anything because only a retard would let their opponent have the option of KILLING THEM.
>>
>>48983049
If the Eldrazi don't swing in then Affinity wins by default with manlands and Ornithopter/Signal Best.
>>
>>48983036
There are a lot of people running 2x Champion, 2x Master right now. He's very good, but he's not the card that comes to mind to signify the deck.
>>
Anything we can do to make this an easier to cast Hymn in modern?

Would a graveyard-based Jund shell be good enough?
Grim Flayer, maybe that new Dryad, Goyf.
>>
>>48983189
A big part of the power of Hymn is being able to fuck up your opponent's opening hand. The chance you're going to be able to use Whispers turn 2 is pretty fucking low, so the mana cost isn't functionally as low as it seems.
>>
>>48983211
I'm aware that the main strength of Hymn comes off it being cast on Turn 2, but a Turn 3 or 4 Hymn is still pretty good, especially if you have leftover mana fot a traverse / bolt.
>>
>>48983189
Just run mind rot with mana dorks
>>
>>48983555
T2 Hymn can rip all land from their hand. Like, do not compare that to Mind Rot.
>>
What's more than than playing Magic?

Getting to play Twice as much Magic as your opponent!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/
>>
>>48984462
shitwincon.dec
>>
>>48980029
You'd be surprised. Not the same anon, but Champion has gotten underestimated every single time I play my Norin sisters deck on MODO. They always wait until it'seems like a 4/4 to path it or the last possible second to bolt it, and it's done 5-6 damage in that time frame.
Also
>Dies to removal argument
>>
>>48984462
Your sideboard looks pretty crap.
>>
If Twin is unbanned, and deceiver exarch is banned, would twin be as far reaching as it was pre-ban?
>>
I'm missing a few cards for Dredge (have all the dredgers + Bloodghasts though) so I'm thinking of what else I can add out of my collection for a small tourney Friday night.

I may try to slow things down a bit and throw in 2 Unburial Rites + Iona + Terastodon.

Also is there any deck that a sideboard plan of x1 Academy Ruins + 2x Engineered Explosives would be good against? It's pretty slow, but Loam guarantees it comes online out of the 'yard.
>>
>>48984462
What's more fun than playing Magic*
>>48984560
Path to Exile and Vapor snag are potentially major set backs, but I usually tap my opponent out before comboing off, so it never happens much.
>>48984629
Depends what you're playing against.
The biggest question in my opinion is the 4 Spell snares mainboard. They secure game 1 against some match ups, and are useless in a handful of other match ups - but these other matchups are typically more winnable on their own.
>>
>>48984694
What cards specifically are you missing?
>>
>>48984694
Engineered Explosives is a good sideboard card on it's own. If you draw it you can probably buy yourself a good amount of time, if you dredge it it might be a bit slow to save you. What are you missing seems like an important factor?
>>
>>48984720
>>48984721
Going from most lists, the Gargadons, Shriekhorns (this card looks awful), Prized Amalgams, Insolent Neonates, and Collective Brutality.

I'll find an alternative discard + draw outlet for the Neonates but idk what to do with the other 7-9 slots. Amalgams are probably important, I might cut the Bridges without them.
>>
>>48984775
Prized Amalgams is the most impact of those, limits your ability to deal with a nacatl or kird ape. Bridge without gargadon is pretty shit.
>>
>>48984805
So without them I should be worried about throwing down against fast creature decks?
That is helpful to know, I guess I'll try a maindeck Darkblast or two.
>>
>>48984826
Amalgams & Neonates are pretty big imo. Neonate is another discard spell for a big dredger like Grave-Troll or Stinkweed, while Amalgams are insane defense against aggro and offense against anything durdly.
>>
>>48984672
It'd switch to RUG and play that dude from Origins.
>>
>>48985090
Not only does that switch make it so you can't tap your opponent's lands, it's three toughness, so it dies to a lot more than each would.
>>
>>48979977
>he's hunting the men that have killed women
White knight much?
He's clearly an MTG version of Ed Gein: just a crazy guy who lives in the woods and attacks passing chaises and such, grimly flaying the women alive thereafter.
>>
>>48985224
Never said it would be as good as it was.
>>
File: 218[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>48979324

Should I bring a memedeck to FNM with 4 of Sundial the Infinite mainboard?

Was thinking of doing Geist of St. Traft, Flickerwisp, and Ideas Unbound for synergy
>>
How the fuck do I update Xmage? Am I missing something extremely obvious?
>>
>>48985425
Oh my god Eldrazi Displacer, Flickerwisp, and this.
>>
>>48985430
YOu have to open it through the Launcher, where you can choose to update it.
>>
>>48985425
Add tezzerat to find it
>>
>>48985425
Sounds pretty fun.
Don't let all the tryhards in /mtg/ tell you what to do.
>>
>>48985504
You don't understand how eldrazi displacer works.
>>
>>48985541
It bounces your Flickerwisp, which bounces your opponent's shit, which Sundial removes forever.
>>
File: 46066645_p9.jpg (262KB, 600x841px)
46066645_p9.jpg
262KB, 600x841px
>>48985524
Oh shit, found it. I extracted the folder in a really stupid place and am now just finding the launcher.

Thanks.
>>
>>48985559
>>48985504
I've thought of this synergy, and am considering it if I choose to do a value based deck as a plan B, so I'd run Wall of Omens/Lone Missionary as blink targets and MAYBE Shriekmaw
>>
>>48985648
What about Strangler & Tezzeret? Esper memes
>>
Is there some way I can go to learn to play Zooicide better? I feel I'm really bad at it.

I played my friend's grixis delver deck and it felt like I just lost to every removal he had. Like, worse than infect does.
>>
File: great sable stag.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
great sable stag.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Why don't people use this more?
>>
>>48985939
Because it's a 3 mana 3/3 whose protection doesn't cover Lightning Bolt and Path to Exile.
>>
>>48985939
Because it's a 3/3 for 3 (two of which has to be green), that still dies to bolt and path.
>>
>>48985776

G I T G U D
>>
>>48985939
I have 3 of them in my sideboard.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px)
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>48985939
Because it's a 3cmc creature that doesn't do anything. Also dies to Bolt and Path.

Pic related. Nobody plays her for the same reason.

>>48985776
Learn the match-up. If you don't go to any big events and only stick around kitchen table/fnm, play cards that beat Grixis Delver in your mb/sb.
>>
>>48985968
Hey man, I'm trying. I literally asked how to get good with the deck
>>
>>48985776
use the free +2/+2 so save swiftspears and nacatls from bolts. use apostles blessing to save from terminate. he should be dead by turn 3 desu. if not drop death's and hope he doesnt have another removal
>>
>>48985939
I'd get decimated by zoo, but against most control decks it would do fairly well, can only recommend it as a sideboard.
>>
>>48985939
Just use witchstalker, and if you're afraid of creatures being countered use something like autumn's veil or leyline of lifeforce.
>>
>>48986006
Play it. Learn the matchups. Find out what cards to play and when to play them on a curve. Learn when to mully. Can't spoofeed you anon. Just gotta learn on your own
>>
>>48985425
Build it as UW Tezzerator.
>>
Are there any crazy combos with this guy yet?
>>
>>48986584
You can scoop at EOT after you play inverter of truth. Its a pretty easy for your opponent to see it coming though.
>>
>>48986584
I guess if you run him in a B/R you can drop him after you use a lot of your cheap damage spells and hand disruption so you can use them again.
>>
>>48986584
lab maniac + etb draw card trigger + 0 cards in graveyard?
>>
>>48986702
twoo did something like that. it shelldock'd lab man then used relic of progenitus to win.
>>
>>48984611
>Dies to removal argument

Yes, the dies to removal argument. It is actually relevant that a card "dies to removal" when it cannot typically do anything significant before it is removed. Comparatively a Wild Nacatl is pretty much guaranteed to swing for 3 the turn after it's played, making it fast acting enough to risk being removed. This is where the comparison is actually notable.
>>
Burn should drop the white and always run Nacatl. SPOILER ALERT
>>
>>48986584
If this card let you put the cards in your graveyard into your library in any order, that would actually make it interesting.
>>
>>48987849
So you're advocating a 2/2 nacatl or running white land yet not boros charm?
>>
>>48987919
That with a 6/6 body at 4 would make it extremely insane.
>>
>>48988105
I think it would just make it playable. It's still pretty all in and doesn't win the game on the spot.
>>
Why does Mengucci still work for Channel Fireball?

He doesn't even know how to play. Every game it's just a constant stream of misplays and poor decisions.
>>
>tfw losing to a retard playing mono blue timewalks
How do you beat that deck with mono-blue tron?
The guy had no cards in hand and topdecked temporal mastery, temporal mastery, part the waterveil, part the waterveil, time warp in G1.
G2 I just drew useless cards like Solemn Simulacrum and O-Stone, meanwhile he hit 3 temporal masteries in the top 10 cards of his deck.

I should be playing Infect more often, just to keep these lucky fags honest.
>>
>>48988323
Maybe get remands or some shit? I mean you are playing monoblue tron after all.
>>
>>48988323
>Tron player complains about topdecks
pottery
>>
>>48988323
Normally Turns needs a few Mines out to combo off, so you can fight them by destroying mines with O Stone and Ugin.

If you're playing a durdly blue deck and you let him set up he'll Gigadrowse your shit eot and go off next turn. You can't stop this with just counterspells.

Out of the board you have a few options:
>stop him from reaching critical mass of mines and race
>use discard to take his Gigadrowse and race
>disable Gigadrowse with Teferi or Nevermore (and then race)
>just straight up murder him before turn 4 or 5
Of those I think Teferi is probably the best for U Tron.
>>
>>48988493
>tron
>complaning that someone beat them
poptart
>>
>>48988528
He didn't get to resolve a single mine in either of those games.
Also, Gigadrowse just destroys me.
To be fair, I was playing a memelist, so I guess I deserved it.
>>
>>48988632
>He didn't get to resolve a single mine in either of those games.
He won't always be lucky enough to combo without a single mine effect in play. (I say mines but the deck plays more Dictate of Kruphix)

>Also, Gigadrowse just destroys me.
That's why you board something like Teferi to beat it.
>>
Why are people not running gnarlwood dryad instead of kitty in zoo?
>>
>>48989071
>instead of kitty

>Why are people not running a creature you have almost no way of enabling turn 2 over a creature that is practically guaranteed to be online turn 2?

What makes you think Deathtouch is so meaningful?
>>
>>48979324

List me up senpai!

I need either a UW or UR deck (no triple colors, I don't have the fetchlands to make it work). Tier 1 or 2, please.
>>
>>48989071
Because Zoo is an aggro deck so it cares more about the power than deathtouch.
>>
>>48989271
I don't know if you are meming or just stupid, but please read the thread and learn what tiers mean.
>>
>>48989269
>fetch
>cycle wraith
>gtax or thoughtsieze
>baube

That's a 3/3 deathtouch turn 2, famalam
>>
>>48989352
Then he probably should have said Suicide Zoo because regular Zoo doesn't run those cards famalam.
>>
>>48989271
There are none. To compete in modern, you'll almost certainly need fetches.
>>
Has anyone ever tried putting CoCo together with merfolk? You would have to slow down and cut some of the non-creatures like Vial, but it might be good.
>>
>>48989271
Dual color decks use Fetclands too, but I guess you could play Infect.
>>
>>48989284
>>48989367
I did mean zooicide.

With that being said, why don't people run it in ZOOICIDE?
>>
>>48989382
>cut vial for coco
Vial is 1000% better than coco
>>
>>48989395
Because the unreliability still outweighs the benefit. You've described something that is in no way more likely to happen than having a Plains and a Mountain.
>>
>>48989395
Some people do play it. It's still more unreliable than Nacatl, but I think it can work.
If you have a list without Lynx you don't have anything in white (in mainboard at least) you wont have plains for Nacatl.
>>
Does this card fit in any bant decks?
>>
>>48989505
There are no Bant decks.
>>
>>48989505
Bant Eldrazi doesn't want it. You could try some Knightfall Bant deck and put it in as draw engine, but you would probably be better off with some good creatures or even CoCo instead.
>>
>>48989382
For Merfolk, Vial is definitely better. It's consistent and can be turned on quickly.
>>
>>48989271
Just check out budget infect lists. Personally i run uw emeria but if you give a shit about tiers atm you wont like it
>>
Worst beginning hands?
>Playing eldrazi
>6 swamps and a thought knot seer
>>
>>48989505
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-midrangecontrol-4/
>>
>>48989505
I don't want to say this, but this seems like it would be better in Legacy. Tapping out then drawing cards is pointless in Modern, but in Legacy she might protect herself the same way Jace does; Force of Will. I'm not saying she's playable in Legacy, only that she's not playable in Modern because lots of cards while tapped out do nothing for you.
>>
>>48990134
Right, cause tapped creatures can be declared attackers.
>>
>>48990185
We were talking about Tamiyo, not Crippling Chill. I mean, Crippling Chill has the courtesy to draw you a card, cost less mana, and be an instant though.
>>
>>48990248
If Crippling Chill said "Tap target permanent.", Modern would be an interesting place.
>>
>>48990185
She's not really doing amazing at protecting herself by tapping creatures, because that'll eat away at her loyalty pretty fast on its own. Jace's -1 is good for protection because it forces your opponent to waste mana if they want him to keep going down, Lili's -2 is good for protection because your opponent loses a creature, etc. but Tammy only has stall tactics. It doesn't consume any of your opponent's resources.
>>
RUG DELVER
WHy is this deck so fun and why are all the fun cards $$$
>>
>>48990340
Because tempo is the best form of magic. Combo coming a close second

Also RUG is dank
>>
File: DSC_0001.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>48990340
Make sure to meme it up with tarfire
>>
>>48990340
>>48990422
RUG for life man, life just ain't all black and white.
>>
>>48990548
MaXiMuM ReAcH
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 223x310px
Threadly reminder that I will save Modern from the Dredge menace
>>
>>48982866
Run both you prick
>>
>>48990552
Have you had a chance to play with the goyfs in scapeshift?

I can't decide between bring to light or prismatic omen version.
>>
>>48990742
Bring to Light all the way. Funny thing to note about Bring to Light: you search for the spell, then exile it, then cast it. This awkward wording means you aren't casting directly from your library, so Grafnigger's Cage doesn't stop you.
>>
>>48990808
How does non omen version win through blood moon
>>
File: combo.png (445KB, 596x426px)
combo.png
445KB, 596x426px
No 'tis we who will save this format (after Kaladesh releases)
>>
>>48990841
It either doesn't, or plays its one of Inferno Titan and drinks in the red mana. Inferno Titan is actually fucking horrifying out of the board. You took out your removal, he brought in the creature with the highest damage output for the mana.
>>
>>48990872
I'm still surprised this had such minimal effect on Modern after being so strong in Extended (and even Legacy early on).
>>
>>48990945
>Tron
Karn just exiles Foundry.
>Jund
Foundry gets Junded all over one way or another.
>Burn
You can't stabilize in time
>Affinity
You might stand a chance here but Affinity specializes in shitting all over hopes and dreams
>Infect
Yeah you're dead and your "combo" never actually prevented this. The tokens having a colour even made things worse
>Dredge
LOL
>Scapeshift/Valakut
You have nothing on them
>Ad Nauseam
You have LITERALLY nothing on them
>Zoo
Slim chance here
>Kiki-Chord
Go ahead gain that life and make those blockers. Ooh yeah baby right there

I can't think of a single matchup that to me seems good. Most seem bad.
>>
File: decay.jpg (78KB, 312x445px)
decay.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>48991022
You realize that Thopter/Sword is played in a control shell, right? It's not a combo deck.

That said I think pic related is actually the problem.
>>
>>48991127
Doesn't matter what Thopter/Sword are played in if the deck is shit.
>>
>>48990548
Tarfire:
>kills any 2 toughness creature or mana dork.
>One of the only red Tribals so it feeds goyf
>if goyf dies that card can still be used for delve monkeys
I've played this deck a bunch and sometimes goyf is manageable but then tar fire gets in the graveyard and the extra 1/1 makes a big difference.
>>
What Modern really needs right now is tribal fetchlands
>>
>>48991360
Yes, make jund even better
>>
>>48989642
Hey I used to play emeria when I first started modern. How are you doing with it now? Got a list? I dropped it when ancestral vision was unbanned and I realized that flickering a wall of omens just doesn't get you there against recall+good cards.
>>
To be sure - If I tap land with pic related while Dictate of Karametra is in play, will it produce 5 mana - 1 for every basic type?
>>
>>48991638
No. You get one extra mana of whatever you produced
>>
>>48991638
No.
>>
>>48985594
Remember to store your card image gallery in a separate folder from your Xmage install folder. If you don't, you will lose all your card images every time you download patches.
>>
>>48985939
Because Thrun, the Last Troll is significantly better at the reasonable cost of 2GG.
>>
>>48990548
>>48991204
i've been running 2 actually. it works good.

>>48990841
repeal
>>
>>48989505
I tried brewing a Bant delver deck, but it didn't seem very convincing.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-07-16-bant-delver/
>>
>>48991022
You're speaking as if the combo is the deck's only win condition. I've won many games simply by playing lock pieces (Bridge, Chalice) and letting Tezzeret ult.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meek-thopters-3/
>>
>>48989505
i think this tamiyo is very good in creature centric games. the only deck i can see using this is bant knightfall.
>>
>>48991931
The problem lies in the paradox of drawing on combat damage. Why draw cards if you're the beatdown? This isn't Treasure-Cruise-in-Delver levels of stupid we're talking about here; it's paying 4 mana for a bint who draws you cards while you kill your opponent so that you can end the game with a stocked hand and go "HAH I DIDN'T EVEN NEEEEED THESE" or something. I'd love to see someone do something stupid with double strike though. Mirran Crusaders swinging in and drawing 4 cards.
>>
I finally got some Goyfs in the mail and I want to put him in zooicide. What slots does he fit into?

I currently have 4 shadows, 4 swifties, 4 nacatls, 4 wraiths, and 3 steppe lynxs.

Does he even have a spot in suicide zoo?
>>
>>48992158

Just play Bushwhacker Zoo
>>
>>48992111
Vigilance also allows it to draw more, Brimaz is a beast. The minus is insane, the plus cantrips her and saves you life at the very least.
>>
>>48992111
the point is draw cards. imagine a grindy match like knightfall vs jund: both sides have goyfs, jund has more removal but bant has coco, etc.
it is common to have 2 goys + bob facing 2 goyfs + voice and no one can really attack profitably.
now, if you slam a tamiyo, even goyf blocking goyf means you draw 2 cards. it is very strong. also, note that you can target one of yours and one of theirs creature, making their "unable" to attack or block. you start to make life real hard on your opponent.
also, the tapping ability is very strong.
>>
>>48992158
goyfs only go in the sideboard against bolt decks or decks that can reliably hold your early aggression, so you can fall back on goyf attacks and pump him for profitable trades
>>
>>48992111
You can use the +1 on enemy creatures, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2432x2419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2432x2419px
To the UTron bro dealing with timefags, I highly recommend a Commandeer in the sideboard.

It's great in various matchups, but stealing a Warp will absolutely btfo them.

It's easy to bait with it too, by tapping out completely, feigning an oom boardstate and having them tap out for a Warp, or better yet waiting for them to combo until awaken Part the Waterviel then stealing that and winning.

Mindslaver wincon is sweet too, as you can have them target you with almost all time spells, or have them sacrifice their lands with Walk the Aeons.
>>
File: dredge.jpg (181KB, 1343x678px) Image search: [Google]
dredge.jpg
181KB, 1343x678px
:^)
>>
File: 60.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>48992906
Where's this guy at?
>>
>>48992936
idk what i would change
>>
>>48992978

-1 Conflagrate
-1 Darkblast
-2 Stinkweed Imp
+4 Grave-Troll
>>
>>48992978
Idk, it just feels like you'll be too slow with only the Imp to hit big dredges. My first instinct is to cut Darkblast but I assume that's in there for Infect.
>>
>>48992978
Regardless, I'd take out the kiki jiki package. This is pants on head level
>>
>>48993030
I kindof like him running the playset of imps over troll, it fits the curve well for a combo plan (turn 3 hardcast imp as a chumpblocker, dredge it the turn after it dies then cast Splendid)

I also really like the Kiki backup plan, they probably side out all their removal g2 and I think it's a better gameplan than packing answers for their answers.
>>
>>48993048
and affinity

>>48993030
not bad, i'll give it a shot

>>48993061
hmm... but I don't want to rely on blowing up LlotV or Blood Moon, I want to filter for another combo
>>
>>48993030
I think the things he could definitely shave are a Conflagrate and a Mystic Retreival, the rest is preference but I feel those two are the safest cards to shave back on.

Maybe a Tormenting Voice and an Imp as well, but those you could argue for.
>>
>>48993176
mystic retrieval makes game 1 very consistent
>>
>>48993113
Your one blue source is turned off by blood moon anyway
>>
>>48993213
Fair enough. it looks like a nice backup plan incase all the Splendids get milled, but as Splendid copies #5&6 I can see why two is fine.

It's a sweet deck, all this recent Amalgam shenanigans is the only thing keeping it lowkey. The deck literally combokills on turn 4 with very high consistency.
>>
>>48993113
>hmm... but I don't want to rely on blowing up LlotV or Blood Moon, I want to filter for another combo
Just put Primetime and an extra forest in the side.
>>
File: 3d-yellow-web-3d.jpg (56KB, 356x430px)
3d-yellow-web-3d.jpg
56KB, 356x430px
what are the best non kmc sleeves and why are they Dragon Shields?
>>
>>48993497

Look no further
>>
>>48993497
These are awesome. A few have dented slightly noticably, but they have yet to rip or tear. Great look, they're tough, and they've gotten their moneys worth for sure.
Plus there's extras for the two sleeves I've dented.
>>
>>48993497
Best sleeves but you chose the worst colour.
>>
File: feelcomfyman.png (36KB, 957x750px) Image search: [Google]
feelcomfyman.png
36KB, 957x750px
>skipped another week of paper magic modern to play WoW
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>48994053
gotta get those invasions & mythics in before legion drops
>>
>>48994053
>>48994307
Fuck off
>>
>>48990548
Not trying to be a dick, but why play this over grixis?
>>
>>48994440
It's faster and more aggressive, makes better use of Delver as a card. Has a better Combo and Control MU, and can sideboard into Blood Moon+Huntmaster for a long game.

And most importantly, It's more fun.
>>
>>48994440
Green gives you Goyf.

Basically the plan is tempo, play delver and protect him/counter shit. Goyf is the 2cmc delver of the deck, you play goyf and protect him/counter shit.

Everything grows in Temur.
What doesn't grow, dies. And what dies grows the temurgoyf.
>>
>tfw full power goyf
Who else has lived the dream?
>>
>>48994598
I've faced the threat head on.
Ain't nothing sweeter than pathing a big dumb faggot goyf
>>
>>48989271
You need fetches to make anything 2 coloured work. If you are really that much of a poorfag just play mono red burn or a mono coloured infect deck. Or, you know, get a fucking job you filthy hippy.
>>
>>48994650
Please don't bully the Goyf, mkay?
>>
I never did open my modern event deck. Is it worth many money yet? Can I sell it and retire?
>>
>>48994598
sorc+instant+artifact+creature+tribal+enchant+plainswalker+land=8/9

missing anything?
>>
>>48994789
You're missing the excitement bruther!
You've got a goyf, you've assembled the chaos emeralds and you're gonna win!
>>
>>48994842
Fucking lel. This man loves tarmogoyf. I salute you
>>
Why don't more people play grishoalbrand? Is it because it's fairly difficult to pilot?
Don't tell me it's lack of consistency. Ever since they added blue it goes off pretty often. Sure sometimes you flounder but it's not enough to drop the deck entirely.

It has insane game against fair decks even if you do whiff. Shoal a wurm and gain 11? Seems strong.

I don't play the deck myself but I know some people that do so I'm just wondering. It seems like a sleeper deck honestly.
>>
>>48995948

Collateral damage versus Dredge and Company decks, and a lot less consistent than dredge, the premier GY deck of choice
>>
>>48995995
Okay. Dredge just became a thing. What was the excuse before?
>>
>>48995948
I'm actually kinda surprised more people haven't tried bloomless Amulet

It's a pretty fun deck to pilot
>>
>>48996281

This.

Journey of Discovery and Crumbling Vestige are alright replacements for Bloom. The variant can even go off turn 2 (of course not as consistently), and not a lot of people are prepared for this deck especially when they get Hive-pact
>>
>>48994789
>Plainswalker
> zodiac rooster
>>
>>48989271
Only thing I can think of is like UW Gifts Tron
Its super toolboxy tho and kind of hard to get a grasp of
>>
>>48996386
Its a matter of if your gonna play combo decks, scapeshift and ad nauseam are just more consistent. Sure they dont win till turn 4 usually but they win on turn 4 a LOT more often than Grishoalbrand or Bloomless Amulet will
>>
So I built Abzan but I'm using Grim Flayer as a replacement for Goyf. I realize that flayer is no goyf but should I be fine? Thats the only budget change ive made, still have liliana's 10 fetches and all the removal
>>
>>48982787
idk, her minus gets you back goyf, bob, flayer, etc, so late game no matter what she has value. And as long as your opponent has creatures, she cant protect herself. Look at the matches begguchi showcased, he valued so hard vs melira by pinging off heirarchs, birds, reanimated finks, viscera seers, etc, and vs the junk match up used scooze to eat lingering souls in grave and used liliana to ping off the tokens that were already on board.
Also it's nice to have her + lower someones health to bolt range as well, I think he did that in another match up, he actually ended up using last hope more than the veil, and in some cases wanted last hope over old lili.
>>
>>48996925
I think Last Hope is good, but she does have a very different role in the deck than Lili Veil
>>
So I took Heartless Summoning+Myr Retriever to FNM last week.

And took first.

Can we put it on the tier 2 list now?
>>
>>48998039
Storm?
>>
>>48998039
Sure, why not?
>>
>>48998070
Altar of the Brood
Having to splash red is too much of a split when you're already going UBG
>>48998078
Perfect
>>
Why is burn no good right now?
>>
>>48998090
>already going UBG
Heartless Summoning is black, Myr Retriever is colorless. Post a decklist so I know what you mean...
>>
>Eldrazi is coming back again
I really fucking hate everything. I'm just too salty from when they fucked up everything a while ago.

Can we just ban all eldrazi under 7 mana?
>>
>>48998183
>Can we just ban all eldrazi under 7 mana?
How about just ban all Eldrazi period. That would make Tron manageable again.

t. controlfag salty about cast triggers
>>
>>48998175
4xMyr Retriever
3xTrinket Mage
3xMulldrifter

3xAltar of the Brood
3xDuress
1xGigadrowse
2xSwan Song
4xHeartless Summoning
4xMuddle the Mixture
2xRemand
4xDismember
1xFabricate
3xJarad's Orders
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 355x236px
I have a few tier 1 decks, what's a budget deck I can build for shits and gigs
>>
>>48998209
To explain,

the blue is for trinket mage and other controlly shit that either finds me altar or Myr or helps me stall out. Green is for Jarad's Order, because if it resolves, I'm winning either there or next turn
>>
>>48998209
>Jarad's Orders
spicy
>>
>>48998240
Its surprisingly effective after Gigadrowsing someone. I might even put more gigadrowses in just to set up easier.
>>
>>48998222
U Artifact control with Filigree Sages, Memnarch, Energy Chamber, Surge Node, and Astral Cornucopia
>>
>>48998222
U/R Reveler

It's starting to look like people are noticing that Bedlam Reveler is basically a fixed Treasure Cruise in the right deck.
>>
>>48995948
Grishoalbrand is a Legacy type deck in playstyle and will get banned in Modern as soon as it makes consistently good performance, just like Amulet Bloom.
>>
I'm gonna brew a combo deck that would make Fuehrer Woo proud.

>Necrotic Ooze + Devoted Druid + Morselhoarder/Arcanis

Am I jank enough yet, /tg/-chan?

>>48998366
>It's starting to look like people are noticing that Bedlam Reveler is basically a fixed Treasure Cruise in the right deck
I literally called this when I saw it.
>>
>>48999601
It depend on what is your wincon
>>
Is mill dead already?
>>
File: CpyLR_lVIAABN1v.jpg (151KB, 1200x1012px)
CpyLR_lVIAABN1v.jpg
151KB, 1200x1012px
>>48999855
Mill never really was a thing.
Doesn't stop people from trying though.
>>
>>48999864
it could be a thing
>>
>>48999912
Keep trying then
>>
>>48999912
>Automatically loses against Nahiri and Dredge
>If it ever got anywhere in the metagame would just devote 1 sideboard space to a titan
>>
>>48999941
dredge....leyline has always been in the sideboard

nahiri lol wut
>>
>>48999967
Nahiri mainboards a creature that shuffles their yard back in when it hits the yard. Seriously why are you in this thread if you don't know that.
>>
>>48999967
And my point about Dredge was that you feeding their yard is sort of what they're trying to do to themselves. They'll overrun you with Amalgams and Narcomoebas way faster than you can kill them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>49000000
>>
>>49000000
naisu
>>
>>48999994
mill mainboards stuff to exile eldrazi as soon as it triggers

>>49000000
leyline is a replacement effect...stuff never hits the graveyard
>>
Im new to modern deck building. I mostly on-and-off draft. How did I do?

4x Glacial Fortress
4x Temple of Enlightenment
8x Island
6x Plains

2x Brainstorm
2x Familiar's Ruse
3x Mana Leak
2x Reality Shift

3x Write into Being

4x Cloudform
4x Lightform
3x Journey to Nowhere
2x Mastery of the Unseen

2x Eater of Days
2x Brago, King Eternal
2x Fathom Seer
2x Mistfire Weaver
2x Reflector Mage

3x Ghostfire Blade
>>
>>49000000
Very good!
>>
File: rick and morty.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>49000000
>>
>>49000036
Hahaaha, very funny! Upboated friend :)
>>
>>49000035
>mill mainboards stuff to exile eldrazi as soon as it triggers
The shuffle still happens, and every mill spell you've already cast is retroactively countered. Not to mention you're also spending an Extraction removing a singleton from your opponent's deck.

>leyline is a replacement effect...stuff never hits the graveyard
Again you're watering down your gameplan for a card that's pretty bad unless it's in your opener. And if Leyline magically beat Dredge all of the time, the deck wouldn't still be a thing.
>>
>>49000055

thanks senpai. Me and my gf are rofl on the floor
>>
>>49000036
It's not even legal faggot
>>
>>49000036
No but seriously thought you did terribly, brainstorm isn't a modern card.
>>
>>49000067
Incursion not extraction...who the fuck main boards extraction?

people just don't play mill enough
>>
>>49000090
Extraction is basically mill 3 specific gas cards for 0 mana at instant speed. And if you want to spend 2 mana on a mill spell, then 3 mana on Crypt Incursion, you're just walking into a Mana Leak against Nahiri.
>>
>>49000080
>>49000086
Its for a casual group. No one really cares about banlists since they run their junk too. I can run some scry in its place if they make a fuss. I tossed them in cause it was the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>49000182
So it's not a Modern deck but you're posting it here anyway for some (You)s.
>>
>>49000182
Why don't you just net deck some shitty $50 modern junk deck with siege rhino?
>>
>>49000182
Then post it in a casual thread
>>
>>49000132
http://www.mtgvault.com/dedwards/decks/modern-ub-mill-by-salvagers/

I'm talking about decks that win not your homebrew
>>
File: toddwilson.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
toddwilson.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>>49000000
>>
>>49000182
Wrong thread faggot. I'm surprised you can even play magic with your shitty reading comprehension. Oh wait.
>>
>>49000193

this is a casual thread
>>
File: casualfags gtfo.png (143KB, 850x289px)
casualfags gtfo.png
143KB, 850x289px
>>49000218
Reported.
>>
What are some good youtube channels for matches?

channelfireball,tcgplayer, fuck scg, ..dunno what else really.

>inb4 mtggoldfish
>>
File: 1440036206221.gif (782KB, 303x346px) Image search: [Google]
1440036206221.gif
782KB, 303x346px
>>49000000
will tg be relevant now?
>>
>>49000774
you mean simply modern matches?
i think the highest quality of play would be to watch late rounds/top8 of gp's.
>>
>>49000000
Whoo! >>50000000 can't come soon enough!
>>
>>49000774
>fuck scg

Nice edge. Very mature poster here wants to watch matches but doesn't want to settle for free content from SCG Opens because of the "SCG is the devil because they price me out" meme.

Should you really be mad about the actually free content? Just don't buy from them if your vagina is this salty.
>>
>>49001000
SCG coverage is actually very high quality (just compare to Wizards GP coverage to realise just how on point SCG is).

I'm yuropean though, so I'm not really affected by SCG's market tactics.
>>
>>49000941
not with that post it won't
>>
>>49001000
>Nice edge.
I was specifically talking about their yt channel. I used to sub to them, but they just spam matches from 2012 that i don't give a shit about.
>>
>>48992906
Travis pls
>>
>>48998209

>fabricate
>playset of muddle the mixture
>3 trinket mage

you're going to spend your first four turns durdling and get slaughtered more often than you win FNM.
>>
So, Mtggoldfish posted an article on an Abzan Eldritch Evolution deck. I feel like it has great potential, and I like it way more than the classic Abzan company, but I feel like the Archangel of Thune combo isn't explosive enought and was thinking maybe replace it with Kiki-Jiki + Resto, Resto being more usefull in a vacuum compared to Archangel or Spike Feeder.

What do you think ?

The deck : https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-abzan-evolution-modern
>>
I haven't followed Modern in two years

Can someone tell me how Dredge is a thing now?

I tried to get LoamPox to work for a long time and just ended up making shit that helped my opponent kill me
>>
>>49002116

you wanna know what I think? I think it really sucks that eldritch evolution is a sorcery, and I really wish it were instant.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
So with all the new spirits out do you think a competitive spirit tribal deck can be made?
>>
>>49002224
They unbanned the Troll and printed an easily recurred creature, letting the deck vomit fast power onto the field.
>>
>>49002224

pro tip they don't run pox

they just get mill their deck and almost every one of their creatures can recur itself for free meaning the deck is very resilient to any fair 1-for-1 trades like Jund has, but dies instantly to anything that hates graves.
>>
>>49002224
this >>49002255 and also another t1 red enabler
>>
>>49002253
Yes but not with lords. Drogskol Captain is just too slow. Just play good spirits.
>>
>>49002262
Or Anger of the Gods really.

>>49002249
The card would be broken at instant speed I think.
>>
>>49002294

I think it would be very very powerful, but as it is it's difficult to run because, say, remand becomes card advantage.
>>
>>49002320

And don't get me wrong it wouldn't be any different at instant speed, and now that I think about it it would probably have some pretty disgusting combat ramifications. so yeah maybe youre right, after thinking more about it, I just wish I could hold it until EoT
>>
File: 249[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px)
249[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49002224
Synergy from this guy with Bloodghast and Narcomoeba.
>>
>>49002255
>>49002262
>>49002273
>>49002344
I always figured they would need Therapy or Ichorid to start working, I guess this is as close to Ichorid as we'll get

thanks for cluing me in
>>
>>49002373
Just incase you were wondering, the deck is an instant tier 1 list.
>>
>>49002403
It's still too inconsistent tho. needs more acceleration
>>
>>48990548
My nigga !

I run card for card the exact same deck with the exception of +1 Snapcaster -1 Charm
>>
>>49002441
Bridge/Garg Dredge is inconsistent. Loam Dredge goes off a lot more readily. There are people testing cutting Tormenting Voice for Gargs and I have my doubts.
>>
Is it possible that my inkmoth nexus is a bit more purple than the one i already have? I checked it out and it appears to be real so I just wanna know if you guys maybe saw some more purpleish prints from event decks etc
>>
>>49002721
Printing is inconsistent on most cards. I have a stubborn denial that is extremely dark compared to others. Obviously not a fake though given it's a bulk common from khans. Wouldn't worry
>>
File: MKM.png (42KB, 984x198px) Image search: [Google]
MKM.png
42KB, 984x198px
Quick question for people who are good with magiccardmarket.eu

I recently bought some stuff, I messed up and gave the wrong address, it got shipped back to sender.
Now I want to pay again for shipping costs (only fair), and the seller asks to send it through an MKM coupon. I know I can offer extra payment for an order using MKM's function, but the seller rather wants it through a coupon.

Is there a reason not to comply to his request? I feel like it's safer if I do it the way you're supposed to, but I'm not really sure. It's hard to find anything in the site help section as well.
>>
>>48991581
Creatures
4x wall of omens
3x flickerwisp
2x reflector mage
3x lone missionary
2x pilgrim's eye
2x sun titan
1x emeria shepherd
1x elesh norn, grand cenobite

Instants and sorceries
2x ojutai's command
2x negate
3x gifts ungiven
1x unburial rites
4x path to exile
2x supreme verdict

Artifacts and enchantments
2x mortarpod
2x detention sphere

Land
4x flooded strand
4x hallowed fountain
2x prairie stream
1x godless shrine
5x plains
1x island
4x emeria, the sky ruin
2x ghost quarter

Sideboard
1x iona, shield of emeria
1x ghost quarter
3x leyline of sanctity
2x vendillion clique
2x ketaki, war's wage
2x invasive surgery
1x supreme verdict
1x geist of saint traft
2x relic of progenitus

Sorry it took so long anon. Hope you check back here
>>
>>49002747
yap I am legit worried to get called out since they might look fake to someone and look worse/better depending on the light in the room
>>
>>49002799
Your store doesn't allow chinaman cards ? That's sucks.
>>
>>49002787
This deck looks fun, what are you usually gifting?
>>
>>49002829
DESU i doubt anyone in my store uses those cards, these people have been collecting for years and most have jobs (University professors, doctors, etc...) How are chinaman cards in general, maybe I could get some as payign 100€ for goyf doens't really seem possible atm as a student.
>>
>>48991581
Emeria actually isn't bad against recall. Youre pushing for the super long game and as long as you answer most of their threats their card advantage levels out. Plus once emeria is online you just win by grinding out. The only thing to worry about is path. At least this was my experience against harbinger last night
>>
>>49002878
Villa Zheng has a pretty good batch and prices are good. Check him out.
>>
>>49002799
>>49002721
If what I've heard is true, they actually have to set up the printing machines distinctly for Event Decks to print cards that were in sets they had finished printing. Because of this, there's actually a noticeable difference in the print quality of some cards, like comparing the original Verdant Catacombs to the 2012 deck ones. Inkmoth was reprinted in the Dark Ascension Event Deck, so it could be that the difference is from that.
>>
>>49002877
So its usually unburial rights and norn. Beyond that it is just a huge toolbox. If emeria is online you just get to make a pile of good creatures. Hiwever my favorite pile has been plains, emeria, flooded strand, and hallowed fountain in order to gusrantee a 6th land drop with sun titan in hand. Emeria hit the yard and titan brought it right back
>>
How good is Soul Sister's and its variants right now in the meta?
>>
>>49003098
>right now
it's shit and always will be shit. at least you get byes against burn
>>
>>49003098
with infect at t1, not good.
>>
>>49003127
Ignoring infect how does it look?
>>
Thoughts on RUG tempo with and without Delver ?

Also, what's this deck's answer to Dredge outside of graff' ?
>>
>>49003144
>ignoring bad matchups, how does it look?

pretty fucking good then dickweed
>>
File: 1467651838218.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1467651838218.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49003164
danks
>>
>>49003147
Scooze
>>
>>49003147
Relic, tormod crypt, primal command
>>
>>49003181
Primal Command is hilarious, I used to forget it even had the grave shuffle mode
>>
>>49003147
Land a delver and protect it. In this matchup simic charm is basically counterspell.
It's not the greatest matchup but it's not that bad.
>>
what if preordain costed phyrexian mana but only scried 1
>>
>>49003950
It'd still be banned, except now with even less chance of coming off the list.
>>
>>49003256
Simic Charm countering Decay is super nice.
>>
I play a Scalding Tarn and pass my turn
>>
>>49004135
I draw and pass, discarding Grave Troll. In your turn I'll cycle two Street Wraiths.
>>
>>49004114
Exactly. Or bouncing your Tarmogoyf after a Lili -2.
Simic Charm is so good in rug delver
>>
>>49003950
>What if Gitaxian Probe but better

No.
>>
destroy lantern control
make control feasible in modern
unban sensei's divining top
>>
>>49004285
>unban sensei's divining top

Time on the round!
>>
File: choke vs boiling seas.png (600KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
choke vs boiling seas.png
600KB, 624x445px
in RG Tron which is superior for defeating those Blue decks, Boil or Choke?
>>
>>49004762
Choke in general, Boil only if you are playing against a blue deck that can deal with enchantments rather easily.
Really depends on what decks you are trying to hate with that slot, but I'd say Choke is the better card for just broad blue hate.
>>
I haven't played Magic in like a decade. I'm thinking of coming back, but no to standard. I don't like the fact that my deck gets invalidated over time. That leaves me with 3 formats I like: Pauper (cheap!), Commander (singleton deck is nice for someone starting out, I think), and Modern (I really like the modern card layout, I played before and during the transition in 8th ed and was very happy; in fact, even if I went to Pauper or Commander I might just use modern cards for aesthetic purposes).

How good is modern for a basically new player going back versus Commander? Which format tends to be cheaper?
>>
>>49004924
Modern is very expensive, but it's also a lot of fun
>>
New thread
>>49005041
New thread
>>49005041
New thread
>>49005041
>>
>>49004924
Commander isn't so much a format as it is a pet project.

There are certainly meta decks, but that isn't what commander is about. It's casual, semi-competitive, and mostly depends on your playgroup.
Everything is farily flexible, there's always a card you can use as a substitute.

Basically, Commander is only as expensive as you want it to be.

Pauper is fairly cheap in general, but I wouldn't really call it a good format.
It's very degenerate, grindy, and not a lot of fun.
But that's just, like, my opinion.

Modern is the most expensive in general.
However, you can play cheaper decks and trim expensive cards, but it will affect your winrate.
If you are a good deckbuilder, you can propably tinker with some lists and make them cheaper somehow.

If you want to test some formats + decks without having to shill out real bucks, use XMage or Cockatrice.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.