[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Lich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: Vecna.jpg (87KB, 280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vecna.jpg
87KB, 280x480px
Sup /tg/, what is the best portrayal of a Lich you've ever seen, and why is it the glorious bastard in the pic?
>>
>>48964661
I actually do love Vecna, though I think I have a different favorite lich, and it's this smug bastard.
>>
File: Xykon's Power Speech.gif (140KB, 748x937px) Image search: [Google]
Xykon's Power Speech.gif
140KB, 748x937px
>>48964736
OP here. I've got to agree that Xykon is one of those rare few who rivals Vecna in my eyes. Something about him just really does it.

Maybe it's the fact that he's a Sorcerer Lich, something you don't see as often as the Wizard Liches. Makes me respect him a bit more, I guess.

Pic related, one of the best things I've ever seen. Spoilers for those who haven't read pages 650 or so of Order of the Stick.
>>
>>48964782
That is my go-to evil speech when I need inspiration to come up with one of my own. Not just what he says, but the smugness and certainty with which he says it, and more importantly the calm, inevitable way in which it's delivered. Most evil speeches are fiery and passionate and basically a giant ego trip; Xykon's is certainly the last, but the tone of the speech is more one of stating a fact. He's delivering it with the same gravitas as a high school teacher talking about gravity or electromagnetism or something. What he's talking about simply IS.

Also I love how Xykon approaches the Sorcerer/Wizard thing. The wizard might be better at casting spells in the abstract, but in practice Xykon just has to keep spamming Enervation and like spells until the wizard's too level drained to meaningfully fight back
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/22464072/

Come on and Slam, mortals......
>>
>>48964845
>Also I love how Xykon approaches the Sorcerer/Wizard thing. The wizard might be better at casting spells in the abstract, but in practice Xykon just has to keep spamming Enervation and like spells until the wizard's too level drained to meaningfully fight back

See, that's exactly why I love Xykon too. Also one of the greatest things about the OotS comic, in my opinion. They're all genre savvy, they're ALL power-gamers to some extent. And then here comes a sorcerer, and he shits all over the supposed idea that wizards are the best at arcane magic, simply because he can show you the practical power in repeatedly hitting someone with debilitating spells until they can't fight back anymore.
>>
>>48964847
Was the Lichnomancer ever defeated? That thread said that /tg/ would train for a year and fight him again...but it has been 3 years. Does darkness still cover the land? Can the Lichnomancer ever be defeated?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 196x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 196x258px
Based Nagash best lich
>>
>>48965124
Nagash is good, but he didn't manage to rearrange half of the multiverse before being defeated.
At best, he's equal to Vecna, at worst, he's a Demigod.
>>
Best lich is the lich that conquered the world because some faggots wanted to free the gays or some shit.
>>
>>48965124
Nagash a scrub
>>
>>48965154
God fucking damnit, how could I forget about him?!
>>
File: breaking-news.png (428KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
428KB, 640x360px
>>
File: 1427691034231.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1427691034231.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>48965209
>>
>>48964782
This page highlights why I quit reading OOTS. Too much goddamn text for a comic.
>>
>>48965287
>Too much text
>Telling a good story or having a character give a speech.

Pick one.
>>
File: Lord Calcico.jpg (570KB, 1754x1746px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Calcico.jpg
570KB, 1754x1746px
Here's Lord Calcico, the greatest Lich ever.
>>
>>48965308

>good stories need a lot of text
>speeches are necessary in a good story

Try again homie.
>>
>>48965308
Webcomics are a visual medium. Nobody explained show-don't-tell to Burlew. I'd forgive it if he saved text dumps for badass speeches but it's every page.
>>
>>48965361
While we're at it, can we discuss the falling of paladins, whether or not /tg/ thinks Steven Universe is a good show, how terrible the Black Female Ghostbusters card is, and anything else we've argued one too many times about?
>>
File: 800x531.jpg (136KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
800x531.jpg
136KB, 800x531px
>>48964661
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.