[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LGC General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 36

File: MTG Jace Alter [2].jpg (296KB, 390x534px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Jace Alter [2].jpg
296KB, 390x534px
I am very happy over conspiracy 2 (Even though I own my old school S&T Playset) the printing of S&T will help new players start their Sneak and Show Decks.

WotC printed Sneak Attack in Eternal Masters.

Their are many other reprints in Conspiracy II that will help modern (specifically IoK, and Serum Visions) and Legacy.

>What is your favorite reprint?
Berserk (G). Honestly Legacy infect players needed some reprint love.

>What card will dominate legacy (non reprint)?
Sanctum Prelate (Chalice on a stick) is a going to be a bitch. Decks might have to start playing sudden shock (Instant, Split Second, 1R) to beat that card.
>>
Stunt Double is a clone upgrade.

>FLASH
>FLASH

I see your emrakul and raise you an Emrakul. I see massive annoying beater, and raise you a copy for me to do degenerate things also.
>>
>>48963942

Would it even be that advantageous to Stunt Double a Promised End Emrakul? They'd still control your next turn. Can it copy Aeons Torn Emrakul (I'm thinking it might, as O-Ring can target AT because it isn't a spell when its effect resolves)? If it does copy AT, who gets to take the first extra turn?
>>
>>48965083
Cast trigger so you wouldn't get it. Clones only grab etb effects and can get around the protection
>>
>>48963942
>flash in an emrakul
>they untap and attack with it

yeah? what's your point
>>
>>48965676
lol nm
>>
Still playing Miracles. Still enjoying it. Eldrazi is a retarded deck though since apparently it's acceptable for a deck to consistently Chalice for 1 on turn 1. It's like Countertop except only requires 1 card and doesn't need mana or a setup, and doesn't affect your own deck in the least.
>>
>>48966108
Yeah because asymmetrical chalice for 1-4 UU is so much fairer and not banworthy am I right?
>>
>>48966117
3 mana 2/2 that draws 3 cards on cast is so much fairer, I agree.
>>
I thought Berserk was on the reserve list?
>>
Not sure my /tg/ tourney opponent saw my response before the last thread got archived. I will be online, ready and willing to play tonight starting around 5 EST. I apologize for being neglectful of the tourney but i've been mad busy.

>>48963921
>re: sanctum prelate
It's a scary card for sure but I don't think it's going to be quite the format warper I originally thought it would be. 3 Mana can be a lot, especially on the draw. Combo decks are already getting under thalia sometimes. Prelate is even easier to just get under. Likely there will be some initial meta flux leaning heavily towards dnt, people will adjust sideboards, and things settle back out. The trick will be diversifying the cmc of your removal spells.

This is how I'm thinking i'll change things post-conspiracy, at least initially.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/post-prelate-ddft/
Basically taking a page out of ANT's sideboard playbook. Not sure how I feel about only 2 basics main. Fire//Ice in the board might be too cute, and I might cut it and move the top back to the board so I can have an extra basic main and the option of going up to 18 lands vs decks with LD. Flusterstorms are something I've been wanting to try for a while. Helps against blue decks and faster combo.
>>
>>48966227
which fucking card are you talking about..
>>
>>48966786
I think it's shardless agent into ancestral vision. Took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out.
>>
>>48966782
1WW is hard to cast. Vialing in doesn't counter already cast spell. Dies to every removal in game.

I honestly don't think it's as good as some people think it is. It's not fast enough against delver or storm and delver should be able to come back from it. And I don't see how it's such a bomb against other decks to be honest.

DnT will probably play 1 or maybe even 2 at max, I guess?
>>
>>48966227
When it folds to any counterspell because FoWing opposing permission just to make sure vision resolves is plus minus zero since 2/2 on the field can be counted as nothing, yeah. Then there's the fact that it doesn't always hit vision. And then there's the fact that running agent basically prevents you from playing spell pierce, snare, and counterspell.
>>
>>48966863
It dies to any removal that doesn't have the cmc they chose. Using it to blank removal could be pretty strong in fair matchups, and it can lock out combo if the game goes long enough. But if people just diversify their removal cmc's a bit I don't think it will be a big issue. It might not even come to that, because cars might probe less impactfull than many anticipate.
>>
>build storm
>tease brother about getting a legacy deck
>has a warped view of what legacy is like
>thinks storm goes off turn 1-2 every time
>seems a bit sour
>suggest he build DnT
>give overview of the deck
>mention relative affordability
>doesn't show much interest
>until I mention it buttfucks storm
>now he's pricing out the deck

Welp, made my bed.
>>
>>48967534
>until I mention it buttfucks storm
In what world? Thalia or bust and TES can just win g1 regardless. After boarding 4 Decays storm is favored as fuck even if they don't get the kill by turn 2.
>>
>>48967567
I was exaggerating but it is certainly an unflavored match up. Even post board.
>>
>>48967613
Not for TES.
>>
>>48967750
Aight then. I don't play TES so maybe you could extol it's virtues over ANT for me?
>>
>>48967824
Speed in matchups where it's relevant (eg. 14 goblins t1 Belcher style vs decks without wipes) with 10 maindeck business spells (tutors+etw+ad nauseam) and faster mana, better Ad Nauseams (basically cannot lose after resolving one) with lower curve and Chrome Moxen, wish package for better game 1s vs random lock pieces and hatebears, synergy between etw+cabal therapy. Basically it can go under everything DNT can throw at it or just wish for grapeshot, wipe board and go off 1-2 turns later.
>>
>>48967534
>start to get into legacy
>like the idea of dnt
>watch gp prague
>enevoldsen vs togores
>storm t1 kill
>dnt wins g2
>storm t2 kill

welp.jpg
>>
>>48967904
Sounds pretty sick. I love the idea of a wish board. Any negatives I should be aware of?
>>
>>48967913
Just looked it up. Guess I need to git gud.
>>
>>48967963
Empty doesn't always get there so basically the Miracles matchup, also topdecked engineered explosives/golgari charm/deluge. The deck has a harder time doing Tendrils for 20 without mb PiF and cabal rituals and because Burning Wish exiles itself.
>>
Which one of you guys is the Italian player playing Doomsday on the EU xmage server?
>>
>>48967534
DnT started to mainboard spirit of the labyrinth and such cards solely because storm is so horrible matchup as vanilla for it.
>>
>>48967913
Clearly the fault is on Miracles here.
>>
>>48968267
sorry, i didnt get this joke(?)
>>
>>48967567
Don't worry, DnT will get better creatures after friday.
Anyway, TES probability to win G1 is not even that high
>>
>>48967534

DnT has a TERRIBLE matchup against storm tho. DnT literally can't do anything relevant against storm till t2.
>>
>>48968354
that /tg/ is bad at magic and won't stop complaining about how averything is wrong cause they don't know how to play against miracles. Anyways, playing countertop is one of the most orgasmic sensations anybody can have.
>>
>>48968437
Yeah creatures that dont join the party until t3. Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>48968442
And rarely anything after t2 on g1 if going blind on match.
>>
>it's a wizards fucks over dredge even though it's already struggling episode
>>
>>48968006
How to beat storm:
T1 Land+Led+Faithless+Discard golgari grave troll+flashback faithless+flashback cabal therapy sacrificing narcomeba
>>
>>48968663
>not starting with breakthrough
pssh
Although a friend of mine once got me with surgical on my only dredger.
>>
>>48968776
T1 Land petal petal breakthrough breakthrough breakthrough
>>
>>48968988
>>sorcery
>>
>>48969443
With land+2 petals he can cast the first breakthrough for 1, leaving the second breakthrough in hand and casting it off the land.
>>
>>48963921
Conspiracy 2: A Better Eternal Masters for Half the Price

Who /Dredge/ here
>>
>>48969464
He clearly implied wanting to cast all three in one go.

>>48969474
/toolatetobuyLEDssostuckonmanalessdredge/ here

Also, Reanimator
>>
>>48969474
does conspiracy even have something for dredge?
>>
File: 75.jpg (668KB, 1631x1145px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
668KB, 1631x1145px
>>48969474
Preach it.
>>
>>48969679
No main combo finish?
>>
>>48969679
>he went for Quad Lazer Dredge
I like you a lot. Fearless.

I run mainboard FKZ as a target and three options in the side.
>>
>>48969663
And no, it doesn't. Most recent "card" we got was Prized Amalgam; I've seen it in some lists.
>>
>>48969714
It's unnecessary since there are no prison decks in my meta and even if there were diluting your main deck just to beat said decks decreases your overall win percentages, makes mulligans worse etc, even the 13/13 grave-troll is academic in most game 1s when you have 8-10 power worth of zombies on a good t1-t2 with therapies. Cabal Therapy destroys combo that isn't Belcher which non one besides me plays around here. Joseph Moreno and co runs 3 petals in the sb to race combo but given the consistency of the quad build you can just stick in the reanimation package and it'll almost surely etb on turn 2 (1 with the nuts) if you don't mulligan to oblivion.
>>48969734
The claims are a concession to cages and Leylines, especially against Eldrazi which mulligans pretty aggressively for those so it's not completely fearless. The Journey is more against opposing graveyard decks and storm since your opponent's extraction usually lands t1 when you're tapped out.
>>
>>48969761
PA is probably better in Force of Will lists, as an extra playset of blue cards to pitch. To be fair, I've only seen those in manaless builds though.
>>
>>48969817
Some regular Dredge lists run 1-2 Amalgams (sometimes just in the board) to have more recurring threats and dodge Surgical Extraction on Ichorid slowing the game way down.
>>
>>48965676
And then what, block with their own Emrakul?
>>
>>48969786
By Quad Lazer I meant your mainboard is just 4 of everything without Dread Returns. Tell me about Memory's Journey please, is it any good? What do you target with it?
>>
>>48969865
So obviously the simplest option is just flashback G and shuffle target card in your gy to your deck: Counter target Surgical Extraction - Extraction fizzles since the target's no longer there. Against Storm you either sit on it in your hand and if they don't duress/cabal therapy you, you target their business spells in their yard when they try to go off via Past in Flames. For instance they float 1 black, cast pif, in response memory's journey their Dark Ritual, Infernal Tutor and something else (Tendrils?). Without extra draw they now have nothing and you untap and kill them. If it's milled in your yard you just leave 1 rainbow land up and they have to go off via tutor chain or natural Tendrils without relying on the yard. Same deal vs Reanimator. Probably the most tech play you can do with it is just shuffle sacrificed Narcos from your yard back to your deck if your opponent has nothing but you need more things in play (maybe because your Ichorid already ate an Extraction?). It also shrinks down Tarmogoyfs, shuffles back Bridge from Belows if your opponent seppuku's their own dude etc. The only problem with it is the cmc of 2 from your hand, which can be hard to come by espeically after a Wasteland.
>>
>>48963921
I like the fact that some cards are getting reprints at Uncommon, cards that probably shouldn't cost as much as they do, such as Visions and Beast Within.

Hate the fact that IoK is getting a reprint at rare though, most of the cards in the set are over 3CMC so why not make it uncommon?

This set is basically Eternal Masters' cutting room floor.
>>
File: original.png (21KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
21KB, 500x336px
>Mfw getting a playset of Enlightened Tutors for under $20

Is it a bad idea to build Parfait? I've always loved the idea of a deck full of Silver Bullets.
>>
>>48969474
Me nigga

>>48969679
I like idea of SW but 4 of that instead of Pimps is a little weird
I like all the big targets in the SB though, I think that's the best way to run a SB
>>
>>48970021
Build a RW prison deck.
>>
>>48970220
Street Wraith wrecks DRS too hard to pass. In my experience LEDs and the loot spells (hell even therapy yourself) is enough discard I think (if you're on the draw you can also just DDD if there's no DRS and follow up with a loot spell) and the 2 power beats are rarely what matters. Wraith also speeds the deck up vs combo without petals, freeing up slots for countermeasures vs fair decks.
>>
>>48970021
I think there's a guy here which plays it but the deck a fine. It isn't dually swamped by step becuase it's pretty under the radar and it can be fun if that's what you like
>>
>>48970535
Usually swamped by hate* because it's pretty under the radar

Sorry, my phone doesn't like real sentences ever since I dropped it.
>>
File: image:109241.jpg (33KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109241.jpg
33KB, 312x445px
Who here /burn/?
The fairest deck in the format
>>
do you guys play legacy on mtgo? what do you think?
>>
>>48970288
Yeah that's totally true, it just seems like if your main discard outlets are LED and Breakthrough you'd have a problem where you'd discard the SW when you start to go off making it pointless anyway, where as pimps can be played on 1 and then used continually. Against other combo I've just brought in Petals + Iona and the deck was quick enough to take out anything else, Therapy rips through people's hands. SW just seems like a king of awkward win-more card to me that works counter-intuitively with the rest of your deck
>>
>>48971198
You can put the SW cycling on the stack, hold priority and crack LED and then do your thing without losing value.
>>
>>48971224
Shit I forgot how cycling works
Yeah I guess you're right
>>
File: Wr_Parfait.jpg (4MB, 5128x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Wr_Parfait.jpg
4MB, 5128x2988px
>>48970021
>Is it a bad idea to build Parfait? I've always loved the idea of a deck full of Silver Bullets.
No, but it's not as great of an idea as it used to be now that Mox Diamonds are $80.

Pic related is my deck. Not the most current list but you get the idea.
>>
>>48970021
Better play Enchantress
>>
>>48971017
fairest but also easily beatable if you know what you are doing
>>
>>48971254

Oh, and here I thought the Scroll Rack was going to be the most expensive part... Also Goblin Charbelcher? I've never seen a Parfait build with that in it before, I thought Charbelcher was mostly just used in its own combo deck.
>>
>>48971044
No but I want to. I'd build Stoneblade because it's such an awesome deck. Even the name is baller.

>>48971254
Shit nigga you're still posting here? I love that list, I almost built that deck because of you.

>>48971017
Burn is my go-to deck right now because I don't have the hard cash to shell out on muh LEDs. I hate that faggot who did the buyout.
>>
>>48971645
>Also Goblin Charbelcher? I've never seen a Parfait build with that in it before, I thought Charbelcher was mostly just used in its own combo deck.
In long grindy games it's good to have a one card wincon to grab with E Tutor. It also allows you to win through Iona (or kill her) if you already have Land Tax out.
>>
File: image:109253.jpg (37KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109253.jpg
37KB, 312x445px
Anyone here play Painter?
I love the deck but not sure its viable anymore
>>
>>48971782
Why wouldn't it be? I don't see what would have made it obsolete other than price.
>>
>>48971811
Less BUG decks, more Grixis, Miracles, Eldrazi and Storm running around.
>>
Should I pre-order som sanctum prelate and recruiter of the guards? I'm thinking about it but I'm number too sure if they'd be a good investment
>>
>>48971677
LEDs were always going to blow in price, buyout just made it faster.
>>
>>48971782

It won the Legacy GPT in Finland this year. Seems like the deck did pretty well this year according to mtgtop8.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Posted here a while ago for deck changes and recommendations. I took most of them and I think I'm ready to start playing somewhat competitively, thanks m8s. Don't expect to be amazing but I wouldn't expect to flounder either.
>>
>>48972161
How much is Reanimator anyways?
>>
>>48972318
I think I've put ~$600-$500 into building the deck. Pretty cheap as far as legacy goes.
>>
>>48971864
This depresses me on an emotional level. I won't be able to buy until the end of September, God willing.
>>
Someone on Xmage just played a landless dredge deck with laboratory maniac as his win conditions. He won both games on his first turn. I don't even.
>>
>>48972668
Did it use Azami and Balustrade Spy or Undercity Informer? Cause that's All Spells, which is related to dredge I guess but isn't really a dredge deck.
>>
>>48971864
HOLY SHIT glad I got them when they 100 bucks less.
>>
>>48972694
man i love all spells, its such a raging dickass deck made purely for autists and people who live to piss others off.
its the same reason i ran pox/rack for the longest damn time.
one of these days i will make 4 horsemen and i will walk into a GP with it just to piss everybody off.
>>
>>48972694
He was using Balustrade Spy, but he also had 4 bridge from below so he had tons of zombies on board, too.
>>
>>48972762
If that's All Spells, then what was this deck:
Someone ran a 1mana sorcery that let him draw a card for each creature spell he played this turn, and then his deck was full of 0 mana drops and he kinda puked his library out on the table the first turn. That sounded like an "all spells" deck to me.
>>
>>48972762
I got wrecked by All Spells at SCG Worcester. G1 had a turn 1 kill on the draw and he killed me turn 1 on the play. Got him game 2 because he had a loose hand and I probe/therapied him and got a fast kill. Died turn 1 again game 3.
>>
>>48972809
Glimpse of Nature? Who knows, maybe it was just some dumbass jank combo deck.

>>48972762
If I remember right I think 4 Horsemen is still considered "slow play". I remember hearing something about that earlier.
>>
>>48972809
That's cheerios. It plays land grant and 1 or 2 lands, usually Taiga and Trop. It's a storm deck.
>>
File: WhatToPlay_Legacy.png (522KB, 1489x1542px) Image search: [Google]
WhatToPlay_Legacy.png
522KB, 1489x1542px
>>48972809

It's Cheeri0s! The combo deck of champions!
>>
>>48972850
Can confirm: Any judge in-the-know will not accept the horsemen combo, and most likely request that you go through the motions for a good minute before they fire off a warning for slow play. I'd say chances are higher that you'll disqualify yourself playing the deck, than that you'll pull of wins.
>>
>>48972958
This flowchart speaks to me.
>>
>>48973004
while true it would still generate immense asshurt if done at a GP.
if i wanted to win a GP i'd go full cancerous and play the most generic version of miracles possible, then i'd steamroll people and people would be pissed it won everything again.
>>
>>48972958
>The bigger, the dumber.
And that is why I play reanimator.
>>
>>48972161
Nice. I love the chanselor tech the BR version runs.
>>
>>48972534
You tell me. When I was about to get LEDS for dredge, I got little bit delayed as postman fucked my mails and lost my dredge cards. After buying the basic core twice I was after LEDs and buyout happened. Sad times.

Lucky me dredge doesn't even need LEDs tho.
>>
>>48973099
>who do you hate
>myself
Are you sure you're feeling all right?
>>
Anyone wanna give feedback/ Been playing this pile online and it's been great. Looking to find some cuts for some Tangle Wires, maybe:
-2 Dack
-2 Talisman
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubr-tezzewelder/
>>
>>48973199

Whenever I say I'm going to make LED-less dredge I get bullied...
>>
>>48973284
>implying DDFT isn't also good for leapfrogging your magic skillz to overmaximum.
it could be he also plays it entirely because it pisses opponents off trying to keep up with his shit making sure its legal.
>>
I totally forgot Hypergenesis was a card
Are there any lists that run it or is it too risky/impractical?
>>
>>48973284
>>48973341
Actually I play it because it's different and I'm a tryhard. I like how it plays a little different from normal storm decks. I like how the whole game rides on one turn, and if you screw it up you lose. If the average storm deck fizzles for some reason they have an outside chance of rebuilding and trying again. But if there's no cards left in your deck that ain't happening.
>>
>>48973533
Someone top 64'd a SCG open with it back in 2k12 http://starcitygames.com/events/coverage/deck_tech_hypergenesis_with_ge.html
>>
>>48973533
It's basically a worse Omnishowsneakwhatever.
>>
>>48973199
Doesn't need, but is 1-2 turns faster with them, which makes all the difference both vs Deathrite Shamans and Rest in Peace and opposing combo.
>>
>>48973586
That's what I was thinking, but it seems like it's be easier to get off turn 2
>>
>>48973664
Sure it has more business spells that all cascade into HG, but there's the risk that you just lose if your opponent is also playing something unfair, classic case in point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qNPRLO-Uo
>>
>>48973163
They're pretty helpful. Really gives that little edge that helps slow things down on the opposition, especially with things like FoW.
>>
>>48973533
Whenever someone mentions Hypergenesis I immediately think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qNPRLO-Uo

This is bookmarked as "Why Legacy is Dumb"

>>48973335
I won't lie that the deck is immensely more powerful with it. Frankly, not running LEDs in Dredge is like not running Goblin Guide in Burn. It's a staple that some of us just need to sack up and take the hit for. But hey, at least we're not buying Tundras and Underground Seas. Sucks to suck, Miraclefags.
>>
>>48972958
>>How much of a baller are you
>I play demons from Avacyn Restored
>>Damn you're balling out of control
gave me a hearty chuckle
>>
File: Lion's Eye Diamond_MI.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lion's Eye Diamond_MI.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
I specced on a set of LEDs right after EM was announced and while they have gone up in price, selling them is proving more trouble than it's worth.

If I'm going to hold on to them I want to use them in something, and so I was thinking of building Spanish Inquisition. Does anybody have a good SI list I can practice on XMage?
>>
>>48974446
just google one, they're all going to be pretty similar
why play SI instead of ANT or Dredge though?
>>
>>48974499
No one expects the Spanish inquisition
>>
>>48974499
I would eventually like to build ANT but I don't have the money yet and SI looks like more fun than Dredge
>>
>>48974591
I hear you man. ANT requires a lot of expensive cards like foil ponders and foil infernal tutors.
>>
>>48974576
Spanish copies of Inquisition of Kozilek are the most expensive version, you know.
>>
>>48974937
I...didn't expect that actually
>>
>>48974869
>Foil Infernal Tutor
>$170
ayy

I was mostly thinking of duals, though. Foiling out decks is silly.
>>
>>48973611
That's just pull. LED version is 1 turn faster and if you play petal version, it's just as fast.

The difference is with being more consistent on getting far ahead on turn 1 with LED into faithless looting that's basis of the idea of running LEDs. Also LED version is less resilient than other versions. Why? Because playing LED forces you into situation where you ENTIRELY rely on getting to combo off. If you don't, you are fucked. (not saying you wouldn't be fucked otherwise, but it's just more risky plan)

I hear people saying LED being there to provide discard, but let's be honest. You are playing a deck that's entirely about discarding your dredgers, it was never an issue.
>>
>>48974937
I know, I don't even use that card in modern or legacy but I want a playset of foil, Spanish, inquisition of kozileks
>>
>>48974499
isn't SI one of the decks with most consistent turn 1 wins?
>>
>>48975099
Something like 70%, yeah
>>
>>48973946
>not running LEDs in Dredge is like not running Goblin Guide in Burn

Bad analogy. Playing burn without fireblast is better one, since it forces you into your plan and if it fucks up, you are screwed.
>>
>>48973946
>not running LEDs in Dredge is like not running Goblin Guide in Burn
Manaless, faggot.
>>
>>48973946
>tfw ordering chinese proxy LEDS and a couple USeas, Volcanic Island, Bayou in order to build Dredge and Storm for cheap

I'm coming for you, local Legacy players.
>>
>>48976172
where from?
>>
>>48976206
haven't ordered yet but looking at Villa Zheng after seeing some reviews attesting to the quality of his LEDs and revised duals
>>
>>48973533
Just run Eureka
>>
>>48976206
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Hjy9Qlkjc
>>
>>48975684
We're talking real dredge here
>>
>>48972958
There is a legacy deck called Quinn the Eskimo?
That's one I've never heard of.
>>
>>48976367
interesting. id sure love to proxy some decks to play. idk how people would feel about that on lgs.
>>
>>48976495
dont tell them
>>
>>48976672
an option. but i doubt a whole near mint legacy deck is very trustable. but yeah i guess.
>>
>>48976724
don't play them near mint. shuffle them up without sleeves. rough the backs up. leave them out in the sun. eat Cheetos and handle them without washing your hands. of course they wouldn't believe you got a nm legacy deck over night.
>>
>>48976724
I'd be down to play some proxy games if they were nice looking. My shop has some proxy decks that no one touches because they're just black and white printer shit of varying size. If you do sleeve up some decks, you might not want to leave them where people can pinch a card or two. Or 60.
>>
>>48972958
>I play demons from avacyn restored
>you're balling too hard
My sides have planeshifted to Alara. And I am a Legacy Jund player, as hilarious as this flowchart is, it's also accurate. One day I'll find a Chains to play with...
>>
>>48976438
It's an Enlightened Tutor deck like >>48971254 but it uses Scrying Sheets and Sensei's Divining Top instead of Land Tax and Scroll Rack.

The main lock that Mighty Quinn used was Isochron Scepter and Orim's Chant or Silence. Now that Abrupt Decay exists and everybody and their mother packs it for the Miracles MU this isn't such a great strategy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160824-174729.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160824-174729.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
What kind of music do you folks listen to while playing magic or building/tunning or other magic related stuff?
Recently for me it's pic related
>>
>>48977810
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVBoz1FrU4
>>
>>48977810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdVobP7DegY
>>
>>48977810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lncyvgKWt4
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 1264x632px
>>48977810
A few of my go-to genres:
>retro type stuff
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wQR-jgw7PI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k

>symphonic metal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SejsRiaVRqI

>drum and base
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5_1uGy3tGY4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yuF_dyCmrc

And classical type stuff. Waltzes are good too.
>>
>>48977810
I listen to nothing because I goldfish in silence to be alone with my thoughts
>>
>>48976367

Hmm, how do I know if someone sold me proxy cards as the real deal, though?
>>
>>48977521

Hey, I was the anon from >>48970021, would Quinn the Eskimo be more viable or less viable than Parfait? It sounds like they're decks that do similar things, but Quinn is just a bit more on the affordable side. After all, Scroll Rack/Land Tax would be weak to Abrupt Decay anyways.
>>
>>48978320
Quinn loses to Abrupt Decay which everyone (even some Dredge lists) uses. So. Play Parfait.
>>
>>48978320
>After all, Scroll Rack/Land Tax would be weak to Abrupt Decay anyways.
It is, but it doesn't matter if you've already drawn a bunch of cards.
>>
>>48978320
I think less viable. Mighty Quinn leans pretty heavily on the scepter/chant lock. Parfait has a higher density of lockpieces. Also the tax/rack engine is a stronger card advantage engine.
>>
>>48978405
>>48978437
>>48978450

Hmm, I see. Thanks!
>>
>>48978465
Jam in 2 Rest in Peace and 2 Helm of Obedience in the main. It's an easy out in case your lock falls through.
>>
>>48978405
Every Dredge list runs it, it's just an excellent piece of removal
>>
>>48978465
If you're trying to make Parfait on the cheap, don't buy the Plateaus. The deck works fine with 16 plains/2 mountains and running all basics makes Charbelcher better. You can run a 3/1 split of Mox Diamond and Mox Opal too.
>>
>>48968442
ANT's not a bad matchup. Faster storm variants fucking suck though.
>>
File: 1428250079655-0.jpg (13KB, 255x189px) Image search: [Google]
1428250079655-0.jpg
13KB, 255x189px
>tfw infect will never be a thing again
>tfw the price for cards to make a blue/black infect deck make it non practical.
>tfw green/black will never be as good for infect
Can you imagine if wizards tried to bring back infect in its original state imagine all the butthurt.
>>
>>48979646
it is a thing and berserk just got a reprint
it's gaining traction too, wtf are you on
>>
>>48979671
sorry been out of the loop for a bit and just getting back into mtg sorry mate for being a pleb
>>
>>48979702
bruh GU infect is doing fine, its a tier 2 deck but within the past 5 or so months its been placing decently at SCG events so it's not totally gone
>>
>>48979646
I wish infect would die but it's fucking doing great. Infect is the stupidest fucking thing, I'm so fucking glad I didn't play fucking standard when that shit was around

>Lol buttmad haha lmao

No fucking shit
>>
File: 1471539933748.jpg (10KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
1471539933748.jpg
10KB, 306x164px
>>48979972
>being this buttblasted about a mechanic that can easily be countered by red burn & or fast paced red or white decks.
Sounds like somebody is asshurt their green giant deck lost to a infect deck.
>>
>>48979972
Infect is fine, it's basically just a power-creeped version of 10land
>>
>>48980173
I actually play miracles FYI and it's a fucking retarded ability, I honestly think the the creature don't reflect their mana cost properly.
>>48980250
I know it's fine but everyone has things they absolutely fucking despise and infect just happens to be one of the things I absolutely fucking despise
>>
>>48979646

Infect is fine, it just rolls over to creature removal. That's the weakness of the deck. Every deck has a weakness (except for miracles).
>>
>>48980359
Miracles is weak to infect actually
>>
>>48980359
isn't miracles weak to lands?
i feel like goblins would be good against it too
>>
>>48980406
>isn't miracles weak to lands?
A little bit but they can run Blood Moon and Rest in Peace in the sideboard.
>>
>>48973311
the thing about running welder is that it eats all the removal that would ordinarily be dead against tezz.dec, but if it's been good for you...

Also where the fuck are your transmute artifacts, thopter/sword combo, and one helm of obedience in the sb. I would cut at least one wurm and some number of thirst although I can see the synergy it has with welder.

and +1 seeker tezz, that card is insane as it fetches most of your deck

sb looks great
>>
>>48980359
Siding in Winter Orb is good against miracles though. It makes a lot of what they do less efficient, and when Miracles isn't running at peak efficiency it may as well be useless.

Anyways the store printed proxy league I'm running has been doing quite well. A lot of the players have even begun getting pieces to deproxy their deck. I think I accidentally'd a legacy scene.
>>
>>48980947

Ooo, I have two Winter Orbs from my old 8-Land Stompy deck. I should give them a go.
>>
>>48980947
I wish there were a good Legacy deck that jammed with 4 maindeck Winter Orbs.
>>
>>48971017
i play burn and enchantress and i by far have the most fun in my play group
>>
>>48981583
I'm torn. Enchantress is radical as hell but I want to call you the kind of person who would have fun goldfishing a deck made of nothing but Lava Spikes and Mountains.
>>
File: image:109200.jpg (35KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109200.jpg
35KB, 312x445px
Who here Vintage Mentor?
>tfw Skullclamping a Monk token
>tfw gush with two mentors out
>tfw casting this
>>
>>48981884

I don't understand why balance is good with monastery mentor

Balance is great, mentor is great, but aren't they a nonbo?

Only ever played vintage once or twice though
>>
>>48982054
You don't need to cast it if you have a mentor in play, and its the only card that gets you better than a 1 for 1 against opposing mentors.>>48982054
>>
>>48982146

Oh okay, makes sense
>>
>>48975005
You don't even need faithless in your opener with LED, you can just breakthrough t1 which is usually gg even if they topdeck a Cage or Surgical Extraction, since you therapy yourself 10-20 power worth of zombies after flipping 30-40 cards. Petals in addition to 12 lands make mulligans more awkward, and if your opponent plays Daze then you don't accomplish much, unlike with LED which can power your main loot spell through soft permission. LED versions are MORE resilient precisely because after sideboarding you either have the option of going off under any of their hate (case in point RiP from DNT) or sandbang LED+breakthrough in your hand while looking for the Nature's Claim for t1 Cage and so on.
>>
>>48978642
Quadlazer never runs it without Petals, since the odds of getting two lands in your opener out of 12 with enough action and not getting Wastelanded are just too low. Decay also doesn't hit Leyline.
>>
>>48980359
Miracles is weak to anything that either goldfishes by turn 2-3 with counter/discard backup or can play the long game and power through permission (ANT, Infect, TES, and Winter Orb).
>>
Did some more testing with the black stax deck. Mox opals were always a let down and 2-for-1ing myself always felt bad when I wanted cards to sac or discard. Forbidden Cities are not cards I'd throw money at so I run the deck without it. I may not get a consistent turn 2 Smokestack out but I'm not too disappointed. Locking people out seems fair enough but I think the deck is a bit lacking in win conditions. Maybe a Vampire Nighthawk would be something. I keep dying to the damage from my own Tombs. Alternatively up the Crucibles to 4 and discard lands for life.
>>
>>48971017
>>Iona on red

>>48972161
No fetches? Bloodstained Mires are pretty cheap.
6 targets is a bit low, but I guess you can make use of those chancellors and count them in.
I'd also switch around Elesh Norn and Inkwell Leviathan, and transform the Jin-Gitaxias into Griselbrand n°3.

Urabrask and Not of this World is spicy, though I wouldn't recommend them.
>>
>>48976230
I got duals from him, and they're pretty obvious if you've ever seen a real dual in your life. Personally I don't think they're worth the cash
>>
File: real taiga vz sea.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
real taiga vz sea.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48983172
When did you get yours? Here's an image of a real Taiga and VZ UG Sea, I don't think the differences are too noticable at a glance. The back has a slightly different color but shouldn't really matter since print quality wasn't that top notch back in the day and you're playing with double sleeves anyway.
>>
>>48983226
Fairly recently. Got all the blue duals and Bayous. The Volcanics and Trops are alright, but the Bayou was especially bad. Way too dark. The underground seas are so-so, especially compared to a real one. They just feel off.
>>
>>48982959
If Smokestack resolves and doesn't get removed, do you and the opponent agree to just call it a tie? At that point you're both sacrificing upwards of 3 permanents every turn. Frankly it's a card I always saw as better in EDH if you're trying to dig for answers.
>>
>>48982559
>You don't even need faithless in your opener with LED
This is why I said it's more consistent on going off earlier.

>if your opponent plays Daze then you don't accomplish much
Being able to play through daze is absolutely grossly huge, wtf man?

>LED versions are MORE resilient
If you are going to sit around with LED in your hand in grindy game, you will sooner or later wish it was petal instead. LED is only good if you really are going to blast your shit on turn1-2. Some people sideboard petals especially because of grindy matchups and side LEDs out.
>>
>>48983767
Typically I keep Stack on 1 or 2 while creating goat or snake tokens that I sacrifice. Alternatively I sac lands and play them back using Crucible. Then once I have my opponent at 0 permanents I can sac Smokestack to itself or to Trading Post.
>>
>>48983264
Damn, that is a bummer. I might look into Black Lotus instead of VZ then.
>>
>>48984194
black lotus's are super glossy. I just place an order with VZ but haven't gotten them yet. maybe when I do I'll post a comparison of all 3. that said, I've played with a few of the things I got from black lotus and nobody said anything. I even got deck checked once.
>>
>>48984194
BL sells the same stock as VZ
>>
>>48983129
I've done so much editing to my deck in the last few months and have not gotten to really play with it yet, so for now I think I'm content with running it as is just to see how it feels. Adding in more Griselbrand is something on my eventual to-do list as it will improve consistency.
>>
Now this is the story all about how
I played an mtgo league and got smacked down
I went 0-3 drop so just sit right there
And i'll tell you all about how magic is interactive and fair.

Match 1: 1-2 vs Eldrazi
bad matchup right from the start.
G1 I am actually able to win. They haave an agressive hand with no lockpieces or wastelands. A turn 2 TKS takes my doomsday bUT I find a burning wish and go off anyway.
G2 is turn 1 Chalice 0, mimic, turn 2 tks, turn 3 tks. I lose that one.
G3 I decayed every chalice they dropped, but I can't find a business spell and die to fat beats.

Match 2: omnishow (0-2)
G1: I duress away a counterspell and get prepped for a turn 3 kill. Their hand is basically nothing. Lands and a brainstorm. On their turn, between their draw step and brainstorm, they draw ancient tomb, show and tell, omniscience, cunning wish, and I die.
Game 2 I duress turn 1 and their hand is 2 lands and 5 counterspells. Before I can find more discard they topdecked a third land, show and tell, omniscience, and a brainstorm. They show in omni, and I show in my Emrakul that I floated with top. They brainstorm, then cunning wish and I die. Fuckin.
Match 3 vs miracles( 1-2)
G1 is grindy. Eventually I cast a doomsday into counterbalance. It resolves and i build a pile with decay, duress, labman, brainstorm, and had a top on the field. They terminus my maniac, I draw it again, it gets terminused again, I draw I again, tap top to win, they plow maniac, I brainstorm to win I response, and they have another plow.
G2 I keep his cb's off the field, strip some discard, and resolve doomsday while he has Jtms on board. Build an Emrakul pile with labman backup. Put them in a position where they have to either bounce labman or bounce emmy to live. They bounce emmy and I win in my draw step.
G3 they are emptyhanded but crap out 3 angels on the end step of my 4th turn and attack me down to 6. I decay their cb, untap, finagle a natural tendrils, they spin top and find a flusterstorm.
>>
>>48984762
In MTGO born and raised
Playing mono black is how I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxin, got all my foils checked
Using Doomsday to mill my whole deck
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Starting using FoW up in my neighborhood
I went off on turn 1 and my opponent got scared
And said "Doomsday is faggy and completely unfair"
>>
>>48983226
Just don't play them without doublesleeves and age them well
>>
>>48972958
The path to Lands is perfect.
>>
>>48973004
New versions of Horsemen use Khans Sidisi to make the board so something to avoid the warnings. Now it actually can be played.
>>
File: WP_20160825_002.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160825_002.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>48985472
Not a very good deck though.

>>48984194
You can always trash 'em and sign 'em youself to avoid suspicion
>>
>>48985364
doesnt lands only play like 2 duals or something?
>>
>>48985774
What do you say when people ask what the signature is?
>>
>>48985913
Original 43 lands.dec ran around 7-8 Taigas and Savannahs, later moving onto Trops and Bayous sometimes, but phasing out of Duals in favor of less lands and less duals.

>>48985992
That it's the artist's, or I don't know, bought 'em that way.
>>
>>48986054
Nerves of steel.
>>
>>48986054
oh ok, it's a diffent version/another deck. ty. idk many of the decks on that chart
>>
>>48985774
That's the best way to convince people I think I've ever seen. How do they feel?
>>
>>48985774
I shuffle mine unsleeved then leave them in direct sunlight for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>48986067
Not really, just don't overdo it. I introduce around one card every three months to my group, so it's plausible I spent my cash on 'em.

>>48986074
Yeah, I think the contemporary Lands deck only runs 35 lands anymore.

>>48986091
>>48986109

I got 'em all grimy and filthy by tossing the cards in my burnt out barbecue grill.

>>How do they feel?
Terrible, don't let anyone touch 'em out of their sleeves. It's obvious they're fake.
>>
>>48986137
>I got 'em all grimy and filthy by tossing the cards in my burnt out barbecue grill.
Yummy.
>>
File: WP_20160825_001.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160825_001.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>48986510
I'm not a patient man.
>>
>>48986708
kek you actually googled their signatures or just invented
>>
>>48986708
Patient enough to forge artist signatures, though. That's not half bad at all; definitely makes them more convincing.
>>
>>48985774
Have you played these without getting caught? As someone who doesn't play legacy it looks pretty legit desu, but that could just be the photo. How much did they end up costing you?
>>
File: 2016-08-25-14:47:49-screenshot.png (207KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-25-14:47:49-screenshot.png
207KB, 1600x900px
>>48979646
Infect is Tier 1, anon.
>>
File: 20160731_130050.jpg (6MB, 3087x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_130050.jpg
6MB, 3087x2120px
What do you lads think of these? I'm fairly certain the US is legit. The volc on the other hand. Seems a bit too nm. Everything about it seems good except the stark whitd border and the back which is oddly faded and has a weird feel to it. I haven't seen enough duals to know if that's just the shitty printing technique of the day.
>>
File: 20160731_130221.jpg (7MB, 2974x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_130221.jpg
7MB, 2974x2120px
And the back.
>>
>>48987874
>Dredge will never be a deck to beat because Shekelwater hates the mechanic
Popularity is for faggots. Looming nightmare for all players is a much better option.
>>
Where is the best place to play draft in Sacramento.
I will go to Sacramento soon and want to know safe shop.
>>
>>48988258
>Popularity is for faggots. Looming nightmare for all players is a much better option.

based
>>
>>48988020
They both look funky to me but I'm no expert. The ugsea looks more legit than the volc.
>>
Just wanted to add that Trading post is gorgeous tech in Stax. I've used all the options on it and it is always a blessing to have on the board.

>>48984762
>>48984839
I like you
>>
All it will take is one fedora to execute a cheater with fake cards execution style in an LGS with his katana and all your cheating fakers will back the fuck off.
>>
>>48991936
The average fedoralord isn't muscular enough to decapitate someone with a Katana. I don't care how sharp it is.
>>
>>48991936
>not having absurd amounts of money to spend on fucking cardboard rectangles is cheating
Kill yourself
>>
Got a counterfeit Top in the mail just now. It was supposed to be real. I don't mind if people want to use fakes, I just don't want them to end up in circulation and arrive on my doorstep.
>>
>>48992379
This. Counterfeits should be means to bypass artificially high prices in order to play the game, not a method of scamming players for money.
>>
>>48992379
>>48992703
agreed
>>
>>48992703
>>48992766
Unfortunately not all people have the same thoughts
>>
So my friend wants to start playing 4 horsemen, and he's very interested in the newer version with Sidisi, is there someone who has a list of it on hand?
>>
>>48966117
>Yeah because asymmetrical chalice for 1-4 UU is so much fairer and not banworthy am I right?

>A two card combo asymmetrical chalice that doesn't always work is unfair

The real issue with Miracles has, and always will be, the actual Miracles cards. Terminus is a 1 mana wrath that gets around every type of protection and defense in the game.
>>
>>48993185
Tbh, as a miracles player this. The deck would 100% rollover to creature decks if this were the case. I do have some thoughts as to what I would do in case they were to ban terminus
>>
>>48988056
the usea has signs of play (black dot at bottom of oval, silver dot to the left of the circle.) while the visland doesn't. also the framing (the amount of black on the edges) is very centered on the visland, and somewhat to the right on the usea. if one of these is fake, it's the volcanic island. especially if the seller said it was played.
>>
>>48992379
It's the little shit like this that drives me nuts.
>>
>>48993235
Either
>run Supreme Verdict like a real man
or
>go back to playing any number of countertop decks existed pre-Terminus
>>
>>48993330
Will Landstill Countertop ever be viable?
I would love to jam that shit.
>>
>>48993330
That's what I was thinking but I think the deck would need some big changes for that to happen, I also fancy the idea of keeping massacres in the board for elves
>>
>>48991963
>a katana could never kill someone since it's a meme weapon; it could never execute someone

>>48992216
>stealing thousands of dollars in value from Real Men who play the game correctly is playing fair
>>
File: 1469069055188.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469069055188.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>48993867
>"Invested" thousands of dollars in cardboard
>>
>>48993358
I played against a deck like that on MTGO a couple days back. It drew a shitload of cards but didn't really do a lot else. Might have just drawn poorly.
>>
>>48993921
People spend more on hockey and baseball cards
>>
>>48971254
How do you feel about splashing 2-4 islands for daze? I think with land tax in the deck, it wouldn't be hard to get them into play and it's a great synergy with land tax.
>>
>>48994666
I for got to mention, but that way you can also play brainstorm, which also works really well with land tax
>>
>>48984839
can't stop the clock
gotta go off
whether they have force or not
because xantid swarm has to block
>>
>>48994666
>>48994769
I've thought about the Blue splash before and while it could be powerful I feel it would also make the deck a lot less consistent. It's not amazingly consistent in the first place so I'm not sure if it would be worth it in the end.

My reasoning:
Adding basic islands lowers the number of initial white sources, leading to less keepable hands.

Adding non-mountain duals makes land tax weaker, makes you susceptible to Wasteland and Moon, and stops you from running Charbelcher and your own Moon.

If you're relying on Land Tax to get islands in play for Daze you might not have it online until turn three, where it will be much less useful.

Brainstorm is nice but you could get a similar effect by running a couple Tops in addition to Scroll Rack.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
holy shit enchantress is the most fun I've ever had in legacy

I think that the deck is twice as fun as any other deck because it literal drains the fun from your opponent and converts it to your own

comparing it to playing miracles for the last year which makes any fun that's not my own just vanish off the universe forever, on hindsight that was such a waste
>>
File: cya.jpg (7KB, 554x294px) Image search: [Google]
cya.jpg
7KB, 554x294px
i want a new bike. gonna sell d&t. its been fun.
>>
>>48997486
Mail it to me.
>>
>>48997430

When I asked /tg/ about Enchantress a year ago I was told to steer clear of it, what is it about Enchantress that you enjoy? I like control decks so I'm not looking for something like Zoo or Nic Fit, and I understand you use Argothian Enchantress and Enchantress's Presence to draw ass-tons of cards, but how do you interact with your opponent? How do you shut down a combo deck, or out-control Miracles, or prevent Zoo or Eldrazi from kicking your face in?
>>
File: Solitary Confinement_JU.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Solitary Confinement_JU.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>48997769
>but how do you interact with your opponent?
You don't

You stop them from interacting with you
>>
>>48997842

ah
>>
>>48997853
On top of Solitary you also have Elephant Grass, Sterling Grove, Ghostly Prison, and Leyline of Sanctity out of the board.

The deck is super durdly, but in time, not in turns. Sorta like a GW High Tide.
>>
File: weed.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>48997769

it controls very similar to lands (as in, no counters and direct removals involved) but instead of attacking the opponents manabase it protects itself. the most hilarious scenario I've encountered was an opponent opening with hypergenesis. That's a very nice board of fatties you got there, you will now proceed NEVER attack me for the rest of the game.
>>
>>48973946

lol I remember this game
>>
>>48998014
Fun fact about Elephant Grass effects: they cannot be paid for by Deathrite Shaman
>>
>>48998157
Why not?
>>
>>48998186

because of how the declare attackers step works. you don't have time to use the stack before declaring attackers and when the game asks you to pay 2

I wish tabernacle worked the same way
>>
>>48998186
You don't get priority until after the cost has been payed. In general, knowing EXACTLY how priority works can get you a couple games in large tournaments. I've mostly got people with Thalia/Cascade/Deathrite or Fetchland, and Port priority passing on upkeep.

Things like trying to tap lands for mana during the resolution of a spell are also less than obvious sometimes.

>>48998208
If only you payed for tabernacle on untap.
>>
>>48992379
How did you spot it was fake?
>>
>>48987136
I never play with those USeas since the signatures look so shitty.

>>48987748
They look better in picture than real life. For real events, I usually borrow duals from friends. Also, never run real ones side by side to fake ones, they really are too different and people will notice.
>>
>>48993152
>>google sidisi four horsemen mtg legacy
>>literally the first link has a list

C'mon lad, step it up
>>
>>48993152
>>48999155

Also, from what I've heard, Sidisi doesn't beat the slow play rule, even though you advance the board state.

IPG 4.3 – Tournament Error – Slow Play
'It is also slow play if a player continues to execute a loop without being able to provide an exact number of iterations and the expected resulting game state.'
>>
>>48999419
I think the point of sidisi is so that when your opponent calls a judge you can just wrap it up and avoid a warning and still have a chance of getting there with a handful of 2/2 zombies
>>
>>48999419
I think it still does.
You don't get to give the number of iterations of the loop, but you can technically say "1 iteration" and that the resulting game state is "+4 zombies" and do that a few times.
1 iteration is a full mill of your library, putting 4 narcomoebas and an emrakul into the graveyard and making 4 2/2s and reshuffling everything.

At least, that's the impression I got.
Regardless, you can definitely shortcut that specific sequence of events and get infinite 2/2s, because the order of cards in your library doesn't actually matter for that part.
And now that I look at the list closer, that actually seems to be the point, I hadn't noticed they removed the sharuum/blasting station combo. Means you have to pass the turn though, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>48971782
speaking of imperial recruiter, anyone know whats hitting the road for D@T so i can play imperial recuter 2.0 and magus of the chalice
>>
>>48999419
If the problem is both lack of iteration count and lack of an expected game state, the deck shouldn't have a problem in the first place since you have one of those in that the expected game state is a dead opponent.
>>
>>48997486
You can bike with a shit one, you can't play with a shit deck.
>>
>>49000666
Oh my god my last 2 posts have been the 49M and now I'm Satan. What a day this is.
>>
>>49000694
It's a sign. Take back Mirrodin from the clutches of New Phyrexia.
>>
>>49000743
But then I can't marry Elesh Norn :3c
>>
>>48972958
I'm infinitely too poor to play legacy but i like keeping up with it because he decks are so damn interesting and varied. that said there's like, half of these i've never heard of. what's sea stompy? canadian threshold? team italia? waterfalls?

and what the hell kind of deck is four horsemen if its for someone who hates judges?
>>
>>49000849
canadian threshold is rug delver
>>
>>49000849
Four Horsemen involves self milling yourself through Basalt Monolith and an artifact that reads "Whenever a permanent becomes untapped, put the top card of your library into your graveyard." So you dig through your deck for Narcomoebas, sac 3 for Dread Return Sharuum and bring back Blasting Station. Mill until you hit Emrakul, then shuffle your library back in and mill until you reach the Narcomoebas again. Sac them to Blasting Station, damage opponent, mill until you hit Emrakul and rinse-repeat.

It's a very slow combo, very frustrating for opponents and judges and sometimes the pilot himself.
>>
>>49000849
team italia is mardu good stuff: bob, sfm, drs, bolt, discard, swords, etc
>>
>>49000849
To be a dick: google is pretty user-friendly, last I heard.

Sea stompy is an old deck based on blue flyers, but it's pretty obsolete now. It's called Sea Stompy after Sea Drake, a cheap flyer with a drawback.

Team Italia is BWR deck that plays Hymn to Tourach. I think Gerard Fabiano made it popular, hence Team Italia (not sure about this).

Waterfalls is RUG Cascade, based around the interaction between Shardless Agent and Ancestral Vision. It's pretty much supplanted by Shardless BUG nowadays, but some people still prefer R over B.
>>
>>49001013
I saw a really cool Waterfalls list with Guided Passage once.
>>
>>48972161
Graveborn premium deck is one of the best things wizards ever did for their playerbase.
>>
>>49001221
Modern event decks when? I mean Legacy event decks wouldn't even come close to playable..... Or actually there could be things like dredge or such cheap ones.
>>
>>49000409
They're both 3 drops so you can't be too top heavy. Here's the list I'm running with:

9 Plains
3 Karakas
2 Cavern of Souls
1 horizon canopy
4 wasteland
4 Rishadan Port

4 swords to plowshares
4 Aether Vial
1 batterskull
1 sword of fire and ice
1 umezawa's jitte

4 mother of runes
4 Thalia, GOT
4 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Flickerwisp
3 Phyrexian Revoker
1 Mirran Crusader
2 Serra Avenger
2 Recruiter of the Guard
2 Sanctum Prelate
>>
>>49001282
They made a Modern event deck. It was a tier 3 deck.
>>
>>49001861
Tiers don't mean shit and it was fantastic for it's price when stores were getting rid off it.
>>
>>49000849
What is google
>>
>>49001221
Premium slivers and graveborn were amazing.
>>
>>48999067
It had all the hallmarks of a counterfeit. Ink was too dark, the gloss was wrong, the dot matrix is different, and the fine detail in the lettering on the back is different. I haven't put it in the mail yet so I'll see if I can nab some decent pics to show the difference.
>>
File: 20160826_112400.jpg (6MB, 3180x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160826_112400.jpg
6MB, 3180x2120px
It doesn't hurt that I have a real one to compare it too but you can compare the back to any real card and see the difference.

Left is real.
>>
File: 20160826_112544.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160826_112544.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
The difference in gloss. Light shines through it differently too.
>>
File: detail.jpg (8MB, 4533x2862px) Image search: [Google]
detail.jpg
8MB, 4533x2862px
This is one of the best differences I can show. There are plenty more details like this missing on the back. Examining the TM on the upper right of the cards will also yield similar discrepancies.

>>49003362
The overlaying card is the fake, just to be clear.
>>
>>49003332

Ah, that's kinda scary, I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference unless there was a real one right next to it. I'm a little worried I've gotten ripped off by fakes on some cards I've purchased on eBay...
>>
>>49003362

I can definitely tell that they're different, but if you asked me to tell you WHICH one was fake, I would never be able to know. I know you are saying that the left one is the real one, but if you didn't say it, I would be shit out of luck without I guess holding the card in my hands.

If I knew nothing about this story and you asked me to determine if one of these were fake or if they were both real with different print runs, I wouldn't know what to say. It's pretty crazy how good the fakes have gotten.
>>
>>48994573
That does not make them smart
>>
Anyone here who might know something?
>>49002770
>>49002770
>>
>>49003433

Hmm, well at least the back of the card makes it pretty clear which is fake. The lack of detail and blurriness definitely gives it away.
>>
>>49003458
It's a damn good fake too be sure. I almost want to take the hit and remove it from circulation. In fact, I'm strongly considering it now.
>>
>>49003550
A lot of that blur is my camera. It looks much better in person. That divot in the D is conspicuously absent either way though.
>>
>>49003610

Ah, fuck.
>>
>>49003443
The expensive ones to worry about are
Duals (any mint/near mint dual is gonna be a proxy more likely than not, since the chinaman sends them pristine)
Force of Will (beware the mints)
Wasteland (title is too bright)
Flusterstorm (Only weakness is the back)
Goyfs (Both MM and FS will trip you up)
>>
Does new Daretti have a place in Grixis Tezzeret? He seems alright, but I can't think of anything he really adds tgat the deck wants. I guess he lets you get sword of the meek from the graveyard with his +1 if you transmute it, but who really cares about that. Also you can't hit him with Tezz +1. Regardless, ive been told he'll be an auto-include and I wanna hear your guys' thoughts.
>>
>>49003584
You could resell it, spreading the fear and help crash the 2Dary market
>>
>>49005497
I haven't played enough Tezzerator to know. I found the deck to be difficult to pilot.
>>49006260
Let the bodies hit the floor!
>>
>>49006260
I think it's good, it can come out on turn two off of City/Tomb Signet/Talisman t1 and kills Stoneforge on the play on T3, kills Batterskulls and chumps.
>>
File: descarga (5).jpg (9KB, 204x153px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (5).jpg
9KB, 204x153px
>>49006260
It's not about the money, its about sending a message: everything tanks
>>
File: 38.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>keep getting outbid on Sinkholes
>A playset is all I need to round out my Pox build

I think I can get a good deal if I'm just patient enough, but does anyone have an ideas for a temporary fill-in measure until I can get my playset? Rancid Earths would fit the functionality, but perhaps something that hit the two-drop curve that Pox would find useful would be better, like Cruel Edicts.
>>
>>49007566
Proxies.
>>
>>49007566
If you have Fulminators that would probably work. Not too familiar with Pox lists though.
>>
Cancer is fun! FUN!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-stax-2/
>>
File: 1452356185023.png (152KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452356185023.png
152KB, 480x270px
>>49008699
>3 cmc
>nonbasic lands
>>
So with the new white recruiter, is it possible to play a more budget Aluren deck? Replacing Imperial Recruiter obviously saves a ton, but we also get to replace the Volcanic islands with Tundras. The only problem is that we'd have to replace Dream Stalker with something like Whitemane Lion.
>>
>>49008993

Hmm, If you're going with Black you don't have access to the taxing effects that make Stax so difficult for opponents to deal with when its in white, so what is black bringing to the table that White wasn't?

I know some Black variants run Bitterblossom to generate more creatures that let you sack to the Stack, but I'm guessing that's why you're running Ophiomancer and Trading Post. What about other cards that give you a two-for-one like Sarcomancy? Or, what about something like Prowess of the Fair which would make replacement elf tokens whenever an elf permanent is sacked for the Stack (and there's been several black elf creatures nowadays). It could extend how much longer you are able to keep smokestack out.

Also if you need fast mana to put out the Smokestack and can't run Basalt Monolith because of budget, but are in black, wouldn't it make sense to run some of black's fast mana spells like Dark Ritual? I dunno, I'm just spitballin' here.
>>
>>49009672
I'll look into the cards you're suggesting.
Dark Ritual gives tempo at the cost of a card, and sometimes you have Braids/Smokestack in hand and no Ophiomancer/Trade post/crucible to generate value with. Then you're stuck at saccing your least valuable permanent, typically a land. If you have turbo'd out the cancer, you won't have anything to sacrifice, practically killing yourself.

The problem isn't getting the Cancer Train off the station fast enough. I find myself winning against fair decks. My problem is unfair decks with turn 1 combos and the decks that run 4x FoW and 4x Daze to keep them in check.
>>
>dead format
>dead thread

like pottery
>>
Is VZ only taking requests via email now or does he have an aliexpress account again?
>>
File: 1423304421321.gif (107KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1423304421321.gif
107KB, 500x357px
>magic: the tappening section on twitch
>no legacy stream

fml
>>
>>49011712
>tune into MTG on Twitch
>literally nothing but MTGO

What a shit option
>>
>>49011712
geekfortress streams legacy on Fridays, but they allow proxies so it's full of shitters and the commentary sucks because the dude just talks about how much the people in the chat mean to him instead of commenting on the games. they're on pacific time.
>>
>>49011963
every time is pacific time, silly. it doesnt make sense unless you state at what hour they start
>>
RIP Legacy thread, until next time
>>
>>49013139

Shit, we got to autosage again.

Shall I post the new thread?
>>
>>49013206

>>49013292
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.