[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ops & Tactics General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 29

Ops & Tactics is a /tg/ gunwank homebrew

PDF in next post
>>
File: OaT-Core.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
OaT-Core.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here's the core rulebook
>>
File: 179789342.jpg (18KB, 640x360px)
179789342.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
https://www.dropbox.com/s/at7m3f6sy00xzof/Review Copy 1.rar

Here's the core book and all the supplements
>>
>>48961654
Goddamnit Viral.

I gave you these to review and mark errors on. Not to release.

Please disregard these post.

The link doesn't work anymore
>>
>>48962179
You never said NOT to release it!
>>
>>48962336
I never said to release it either, especially since I told you it was a review copy that wasn't done yet.
>>
>>48962353
Downloaded and posted elsewhere, thanks!
>>
>>48963502
Don't bother, it's a shit system with an amount of rules bloat that puts FATAL to shame.
>>
>>48963508
>Don't bother, it's a shit system with an amount of rules bloat that puts FATAL to shame

Not really.
>>
>>48964683
Not that I have a dog in this fight, but aren't you a bit biased?
>>
>>48964798
I am.

Legitimately, I want to hear people's complaints about the game. It's how I improve it. It's how it's turned from a D20 Clusterfuck to what it is now.

So when people say "Oh it sucks" I want them to point out specifically how, and if I agree, I change it.
>>
>>48964901
I don't understand why it has the six core attributes, stat modifiers, masterwork weapons and all the other D&D baggage. It's the absolute last thing I want in a game focused on tactical shooting
>>
>>48966353
>I don't understand why it has the six core attributes,

Well, it works. Should there be less? More? Do you have a sudgestion?

>stat modifiers,

Are you really asking why there are modifiers for various statistics?

>masterwork weapons

Because Some weapons are inherently more accurate than others?

>and all the other D&D baggage.

Again, I'm not seeing the actual problem or objection. Should it be changed because "D&D used some of these rules"?

> It's the absolute last thing I want in a game focused on tactical shooting

So..let me get this straight. Because some of the rules share(Vaugely, at that, since Combat got changed) with D&D, it's a bad tactical system?
>>
>>48961590
Wait. I just began reading this, but I am already highly sceptical of something.

"When two or more multipliers apply, combine
them into a single multiple, with each extra multiple adding to the
value of the original multiplier."

So. What this means is if for example two multipliers with the value of 0.5 apply this adds up to a multiplier of 0.5+0.5=1.
Somehow I doubt this works as it was intended.
>>
>>48961590
I am not sexually attracted to UZIs
>>
File: 1440858578691.jpg (5KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1440858578691.jpg
5KB, 186x186px
> shitty d20 Modern ripoff
> with all the autism of the original game
> and none of its one or two redeeming attributes

Exactly WHY should ANYONE play this???
>>
I have a question about how recoil works, does the recoil reduction you get from strength apply to the total CRP or does it only apply to the penalty from the caliber's recoil itself?

For example if I have a character with a recoil reduction modifier of 4 and I'm using a double tap with a CRP of 3 would the penalty end up as 0 or would it still be a -1?
>>
>>48968055
Overly complicated rules bloat. It seems like this system is trying to do too much without clear direction or purpose, like it's trying to do everything just because it can rather than because it should. Just ask yourself what the is game about. Looking at it I expected a game about gunfighting and instead got class archetypes, careers and language groups.

Strip the game down to it's barest essentials and work in everything you NEED rather than working in everything. You don't need crafting tools, you don't need languages, you don't need a sodding RACE CREATION TABLE in a game that's supposedly about Tacticool Gunwank.

Less is more OP, less is more.
>>
>>48969947
That's all stuff that got shoved in later. The core rule book has all the various other supplements that got added in later, while the modern magicka rulebook has all the fancy magic stuff.
>>
File: phoenix command.jpg (175KB, 906x517px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix command.jpg
175KB, 906x517px
>>48968055
Not him, but firstly, this is basically a (badly) reskinned D20 modern.

It's generally a problem when a system's mechanics don't accurately reflect or simulate what the conceit of the fiction is. For instance, D&D uses a class-based system because it's representative of social stratification in the eras it attempts to siumulate. That's why D20 modern wasn't very good; it's more difficult to pigeonhole individuals in less socially stratified cultures into a class system. That's why many modern setting RPGs are classless (nWoD, AFMBE, etc etc).

Secondly,
> Should it be changed because "D&D used some of these rules"
Some? Almost the entirety of the core mechanics (attributes, stat-based classes, professions as an afterthought) is lifted directly from d20 modern. This is just a more focused version of the d20 ultramodern firearms book.

So just write this as a d20 supplement. Or play Phoenix Command if you want actual gunwank
>>
>>48969987
>magic
But seriously supplements are supplements for a reason. They are optional packages to expand a certain area of the game, shoving them all into a single rulebook is going to make a cluttered, overcomplicated mess with no real direction to speak of. Know what you want your game to be have it be that, don't shove all the other things in could be onto it without good reason.
>>
>>48970203
Well, all the supplements rolled into the rulebooks are the ones that are relevant to that book, like the core rulebook has more tasers and less-than-lethal options and so on. While modern magicka is it's own seperate book with it's own supplements.
>>
>>48970127
I can say the worst problem with this game is how health scales. A level 6 or 7 tough archetype character with a +4 con modifier can survive a max damage .50 BMG round and still have extended HP to spare. So low damage rounds start losing all effectiveness at high levels.
>>
Well, you have to give the creator credit. He's very persistent. He's been told its shit for years and years, and yet he's still shilling it.
>>
>>48970127
>it's representative of social stratification in the eras it attempts to siumulate
It's representative of the common character archetypes of most fantasy works, Elf and Dwarf were originally classes in their own right before race selection became a thing.

In modern settings archetypes become far less clearly defined (though even in D&D cracks start to show) and in so doing classless systems represent them far better.
>>
>>48970234
Did you even read anon's post?
>you got a lot of irrelevant shit in there
>well, everything in the book is relevant
The numba one complaint of this system is rules bloat.
But keep ignoring the feedback, cupcake.
>>
>>48970261
Nobody survives a .50 cal - i thought this was a gunwank game?
>>
>>48971413
It sorta kinda is, .50 BMG does a total of 80 damage (10d8) but a level 7 tough character with a con modifier of +4 has a total of 86 extended HP and 23 core HP. This pretty much invalidates everything that isn't at least .308 (5d6) and completely ruins any common handgun cartridge like 9mm (2d6) .40S&W (3d4) .45 ACP (3d4+2) and 10mm Auto (2d6+4) considering it takes a little under 8 shots of hitting for full damage to take them to zero Extended HP.

hell even common rifle cartridges aren't enough .223/5.56 at 5d4, 5.45 at 4d4 and 7.62x39 4d6+2 aren't even that bad when considering tough also gets a damage reduction equal to half his level.
>>
>>48971517
Bleed damage.

Any character that takes that much ddmage will bleed to death in 1 round.
>>
Nope. That's correct.
>>
>>48969924
It would be 0.
>>
>>48969947
Thst was one of the books I wrote. Its not done yet, hence still in beta.

OaTs is the full, comprehensive RPG. SQuats will be the "run and gun" RPG. Simple and focused.
>>
>>48972345
Doesn't bleeding only occur when you take core HP damage? A level 7 tough character won't even take core HP damage from the hit as I pointed out.
>>
>>48970261
Kinda true, but that is an extreme example.

But smaller rounds do have this issue anyway.
>>
>>48970310
There is a "classless" system. The unarchetype. You basically build what you want.
>>
>>48972424
Hmn. You are correct. I'll change that so that its any damage.

Thanks.
>>
>>48972497
1d3 bleed per 3 points of damage you take, even to extended hit points? Isn't that a bit overkill? It doesn't have to be THAT realistic.
>>
>>48971391
He isn't the creator, I am.

And I am listening.

That was my whole reason for splitting off the books, as mentioned before.

I wanted a full comprehensive RPG, not a run and GUn so I wrote oats the way it is. One man's bloat is another man's features and options.

For those of you that just want to run and gun, I am writing the simplified quick action tactics system.

A bunch of junk got cut that one anon complained about.
>>
>>48972540
Wear armor. Armor stops bleed damage from happening.
>>
>>48972599
Alright. I guess I'll see how it works when I actually get into a game.
>>
>>48972619
My issue was bleed damage was incredibly narrow. If you're draining core HP, you probably won't have enough time to actually use any medical supplies to stop the bleeding.
>>
>>48972582
The problem isn't that there's too many features. The problem is that most of those features are useless bloat, much of it needing to be torn out entirely and rewritten. Especially since such fundamental things as damage from bullets are broken because for some reason you insist on trying to use a game that is famous for being bad at handling guns as the base for your game about guns. Throw out crafting, throw out races, throw out the entire feat system, and fix the actual important parts of your game before trying to make a whole system.
>>
>>48972653
I thought it was mostly for critical hits. You know, when you take core damage but still have extended HP to bleed off.
>>
>>48972829
Well, if you get hit by a crit, you're not very likely to survive considering most people will have somewhere between 12 and 19 core HP, a crit from a rifle round will probably put you to zero immediately, then bleed damage will take off the last little bits of health you have.
>>
>>48972701
>Especially since such fundamental things as damage from bullets are broken because for some reason you insist on trying to use a game that is famous for being bad at handling guns as the base for your game about guns.

I rewrote the combat system entirely, and guns.

>Throw out crafting, throw out races, throw out the entire feat system

Races only pop up in modern magika, crafting...is actually pretty important in the game(but was removed for squats).

And what's wrong with feats?
>>
>>48972864
Alright, that makes sense. Like I said, I'm gonna have to try and play it before I can pass judgement.

>>48972871
Feats are bad because feats are in DnD and DnD is bad.

You know, moron logic.
>>
Another thing I noticed with the system, it seems like the game falls into the same trap as Jagged Alliance, where it's always better to double tap or do a three round burst than it is to go for a single shot.

The extra damage die far outweighs the minor penalties caused by attempting the burst, especially if you add things that boost your multi-shot attack rolls and have a decent strength score.
>>
>>48973010
Depends on both your strength and the caliber you're using. Not everyone's gonna have super-high strength and the appropriate feat.

Yes I know you mentioned both of those things but still. It's not for every character.
>>
>>48973065
Well, if you take Favored Caliber most rounds will have a CRP of 1, 2 for exceptionally high recoil and some low recoil rounds have a CRP of 0. So at the cost of a single feat I can pretty much ignore the double tap penalty for 5.56.
>>
>>48973110
How many people are gonna take favored caliber, really?

Apparently more than I thought, because I didn't even figure that feat into any of my character concepts. I prefer to keep myself more flexible when it comes to weapon selection than to constrain myself to one specific CALIBER.

Yeah I know "it's not really constraining". It kind of is, it costs you a feat you could use for something else.
>>
>>48970127
>That's why D20 modern wasn't very good; it's more difficult to pigeonhole individuals in less socially stratified cultures into a class system. That's why many modern setting RPGs are classless (nWoD, AFMBE, etc etc).

Personally, I think the classes, sloppy design aside (the fast hero was too good, tough sucked), were conceptually quite excellent, since they represented very broad areas of expertise and were designed to be multiclassed.

What made D20 Modern suck went way, way deeper than the class design.
>>
>>48973169
To each their own I guess, I prefer sticking with a set of particular weapons myself then constantly switching. That +1 bonus and 1/3 recoil penalty is pretty good.
>>
>>48973185
This. D20 modern had a host of issues.
>>
>>48961590
Is that Baroness?
>>
And then we have the plasma cannon system.
advanced arms has some good shit in it.
>>
>>48973669
More bloat. None needs plasma rifles.
>>
>>48973669
I personally prefer Modern Magicka, mostly because contemporary fantasy makes me hard as diamonds.
>>
>>48972890
The feat system in this game is probably one of the worst offenders of what made D&D bad. The requirement of specializing incredibly hard or taking a number of feats just for basic competency in weapons that have very little difference.
>>
>>48974543
Yeah sure, requirement. No feat for simple weapons and one feat for firearms. Oh shit how terrible.
>>
>>48972701
>>48974543
You don't need to take multiple feats for basic competency.

Personal firearms proficiency is all you need to be proficient at ALL personal firearms.
>>
>>48974643
That's exactly what I said.
>>
>>48974682
I'm on a phone. I didn't see your post.

Shit loads slow.
>>
>>48961590
how does your system of choice handle gun recoil if it does at all?
>>
>>48974770
How about you read it?
>>
File: conscript.jpg (45KB, 400x400px)
conscript.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>Disclaimer: I've run an OaTs game that lasted a bit over a year, hang out in SSB's channel and give him rules feedback/suggestions, and catch his typos. So many typos

>>48972701
I flat-out disagree that crafting rules are 'bloat' in an rpg system unless it's one not meant to include any noncombat aspects. Aka a wargame. This isn't a wargame, even if you can run it like one.

>>48972462
You and I both know the unarchetype is cludgy af. Don't call that the classless alternative, just double down on the archetypes being aptitude sets more than they are classes.

>>48971517
>>48972497
>>48972599
This has been my biggest complaint with the system for a very long time, honestly, I just never got around to putting up numbers to shove in SSB's face. Changing bleed damage so heavily is a hell of a change, and just might make high-level Toughs actually hurt from things.
>>48973010
Multi-shot attack bonuses do stack up really fucking quick, yeah

>>48974543
There are a fuckload of feats, but characters also get a pretty large amount of them as they advance. Feats in this system are pretty damn powerful though, yeah

>>48974770
Recoil is based on bullet caliber and what kind of attack you're making (single shots vs full retard, etc). This penalty is mitigated by your strength score.
>>
>>48974878
Not even just the multi-shot bonuses but the initial penalty itself is likely to be low, especially for combat oriented character or if someone's using favored caliber.
>>
>>48974878

So when can we expect the cut down version you've been talking about?
>>
I've played in several oats games so far, and I have some feedback for the thread that you may want to chew on for thought.

-The gunplay is actually incredibly intricate, and more importantly, balanced against things like moving to gain defense(which i did not know about), cp discounts from weapons, armor-vs-hp.
It may seem tactical, but characters actually have a lot of shields against harm. Armor, cover, movement, defense, core hp, and then finally your actual hp. You have less than SOME OTHER GAMES, but you can stretch it a lot more - and more importantly, you actually ahve control over how to stretch it. tactics actually matter.

The fallout style action system. Its excellent. Deciding exactly how far you want to move, how many attacks to make - once you get used to it, its exceptionally intricate. Fuck move standard minor, this is where its at.

Versatility. It works for historic, victorian, medieval, modern, and near-future cyberpunk adventures equally.

Feedback. You can raise issues and they get fixed. Feats were a good example - its not incredibly apparent because feats are feats at a glance, but there was a balance pass to make sure each feat was worth taking, and the opportunity cost was roughly the same bang for buck wise.
This was also the patch that 'hmn, people don't have enough feats happened, so i'm doubling/half againing it so you can actually make people not statblocks'

>>48975676
At a guess.... no skills, item, clothes, or feats. Just shoot and gun.
you know, boring wargame with no character.
>>
>>48975676
When its done.

I was going to release it as a test thing, but listening to the complaints here, I'm gonna cut it down even further.

>>48975835
>boring wargame

Pretty much. There's not much left in here but guns, knives and simple stuff.
>>
>>48976102
I'd rather have the standard OaTs personally but I had to ask.
>>
>>48976102
>cutting down ops and tactics
Christ how much are you planning on removing? The generic guns thing already cuts most the reason for playing the game, cutting it further would be like making all the guns in Phoenix Command work the same.
>>
>>48976190
Most skills, all six archetypes(replacreplacing it with generic character), occupations, wisdom, intelligence, charisma and everything connected to them, all non simple weapons, half simple weapons, most non ballistic ranged weapons, poisons, vehicles..and vehicle combat.

Just to name a few things.
>>
>>48976190
Oh, and this is for SQUATS, I'm leaving ops and tactics intact.
>>
/k/ and /tg/ here, will this system allow me to operate operationally?
>>
>>48976436
Exceptionally well.

are you operator enough for operating?
>>
>>48976436
Yas.
>>
>>48976436
Imo, yeah. But how do you want to go about your operational operations?
>>
>>48976471
I once operated so hard I the whole thing

>>48976474
Is it high speed low drag operating? Or I was a truck driver for KBR and now think I am a marine?

>>48976481
Middle-East shooting hajis from the back of a Ford F250 with three other guys who should probably be locked up as we scream through a bombed out highway trying to protect an idiotic government official who's self worth is overly inflated by the 5 mine security detail that has to keep him alive.
>>
File: 1471999021105.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471999021105.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>48976558
>the 5 mine security
the 5 man
>>
>>48976558
Vehicle rules are a bit wonky to be honest but it's certainly doable. The driver will spend some of his time units to move the vehicles, the passengers can keep their time units ready to shoot anybody that pops up, so on and so forth.
>>
File: 1407896630794.png (338KB, 336x536px)
1407896630794.png
338KB, 336x536px
>>48976436
It's been a while since I last counted, but I think the game has roughly 1,100 unique firearms, you have the ability to MOLLE the fuck out of everything, put railz on all your guns and make them tacticool as fuck and dress up like an operator. I'd say the game is pretty opr8r
>>
>>48976558
Depends on the gm. So both? The game has no setting. Just rules for combat and residuals that are necessary.

There's a stable version on the website and blog(Google the name)
>>
>>48976631
Speaking of wonky rules, I noticed that poisons are pretty weak as well. From what I get from the rules as written they only affect a character twice, once when initally exposed, then a minute after exposure. It seems a bit weird that VX Nerve gas can be mostly ignored with a good roll.
>>
>>48976799
Yeah, though diseases you have to roll the save every day until you shake it off.
>>
>>48976799
I didn't want poisons to be bullshit, like in SR.
>>
>>48976841
Well there's a difference between "Bullshit" and "Pointless" like >>48976831
pointed out diseases are really scary and can kill you if you can't make the saves, but most poisons won't kill a character even if they roll max dice on the only two damages that occur.
>>
>>48976932
I'll take a look at that and see what I can come up with.
>>
>>48976932
>>48976992
Assuming a constitution of 10, there's...
A 62.5% chance of dying from Cyanide or VX
A 15.63% chance of dying from Mustard Gas or Sarin
and no other poisons can kill an average human outright from just constitution damage.
Now, the gasses you might want to account for the fact that gas attacks will linger and suffer multiple exposures, but still. Having the secondary proc again every minute or even something like five minutes, or just having a few more steps of secondary damage and then nothing more, I dunno
>>
>>48977068
>62.5% chance of dieing after inhaling VX
Wow holy shit, poison damage really needs to be reworked.
>>
>>48977189
Mind you, this is just from a single sniff. If you were taking the primary damage every round from being in a cloud of it you'd be down in less than half a minute. But yeah, some rethinking is merited.
>>
>>48977301
Yeah, taking primary damage every round for inhaled gases makes more sense and makes things far more lethal, but injected and ingested poisons get fucked because the rules don't mention anything for repeated damages for any of the different types.
>>
>>48977068
Now that I'm home and am sitting at a proper Desk, I can take a look at this

>>48977331

1. Yes I should mention that it's per exposure.
2. I'll take a serious look at it and see what I can do. I'll probably end up upping the damages.
>>
>>48977797
What I say you do is make it so that each round in an inhaled gas is a single exposure, so they take multiple primary damages if they spend a few rounds in the gas, maybe have it que up more and more secondary damages for every round.

For ingested and injected poisons I'd say you do something similar to explosives and have a certain amount for each poison be a single exposure, going over this amount will hit a character with several primary damages at once and have their secondary damages que up, but they take longer to kick into effect, say every ten minutes instead of a single minute.
>>
>>48980766
That seems like it would kinda slow the game down.

What I did is I stacked secondary damages. Also if you pass, you take half, if you fail, you take all of it.

And secondary can be hit multiple times.
>>
>>48961590
Why not playing GURPS High Tech + Tactical Shooting instead?
Or Twilight 2000, preferably 2e?
Or Savage?

Or any other fucking system that isn't just badly made cheap reskin of d20 Modern?
>>
File: 1432001103703.gif (2MB, 225x168px)
1432001103703.gif
2MB, 225x168px
>>48981841
I'm actually in a Twilight 2000 game right now. It's spiffy enough, though it's pretty heavily shaped by its particular setting. Intersting, but a few clunky points.
Savage Worlds is too light for my tastes, though it certainly could do the job yes.
I'm just in love with the combat point system and everything they entail for combat, as well as all the equipment options but mostly the knock-on effect that partitioning a character's turn out into discrete units of time has.
That's why for me, at least.
>>
>>48981841
Why don't you shut the fuck up and read the book so you can find out about all the neat ways it's NOT like d20 Modern?
>>
File: tumblr_ngpee5D1yU1qjtttio2_1280.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngpee5D1yU1qjtttio2_1280.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
>>
Why not just use GURPS? You can try to fix d20 Modern all you want but at its core it's a bad system. I mean you've already replaced the dice mechanic with 3d6 instead of d20 so at this point you might as well go whole hog and use GURPS.
>>
>>48983101
>pretending it's not d20 Modern
When this meme will finally end?
>>
>>48968055
>So..let me get this straight. Because some of the rules share(Vaugely, at that, since Combat got changed) with D&D, it's a bad tactical system?

Yes
>>
>>48984188
At least compare it to something it's actually similar to and say it's Spycraft, asshole.

OH WAIT THAT WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO BE ABLE TO CRITICALLY THINK INSTEAD OF BLINDLY COMPARING EVERYTHING TO THE NICKELBACK OF ROLEPLAYING GAMES YOU CUNTGUZZLING SHITROD

>>48984292
Same goes for you, you overused cumrag.
>>
File: calm your tits.jpg (172KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
calm your tits.jpg
172KB, 640x428px
>>48984314
It's still comparable with d20 Modern, which it fucking is in the core.

Why spergs like you are so absolutely unable to face reality and sperg instead?
>>
>>48984685
It's more comparable with Spycraft. Like the health system and the fact that the feats aren't completely fucked.

And I will absolutely feel free to go off the rails on anyone who keeps saying the same stupid shit over and over expecting it to magically become true.

Let's take a look at the things it has in common with both d20 Modern and Spycraft:
The Attributes, for the most part. (Not by itself a bad thing)
It's a class-based system. (So? There's a lot of good class-based systems.)
It has skills. (Oh no how terrible, right?)
It has feats. (See above.)

Things it has in common with Spycraft:
The health system. (Actual meat points which are directly derived from Constitution and don't increase barring exceptional circumstances, and vitality/extended HP which is more based on your class and increases with level. Damage comes off your EHP first unless you suffer a critical hit.)
The fact that the feats aren't a clusterfuck of mandatory choices and trap options. If you take the ONE feat it takes to be proficient with all of personal firearms, your further choices serve to further specialize and differentiate your character, they're not MANDATORY for your character to be FUNCTIONAL.

The things it doesn't have in common with d20 modern, or any version of DnD for that matter:
The fact that it's BALANCED around the usage of guns instead of some asshole slap-chopping the fantasy DnD system into a modern setting and calling it a day.
Action point-based action economy instead of action-type based action economy.
The fact that it uses 3d6 for resolving actions, which by the way, COMPLETELY CHANGES THE PROBABILITY CURVE YOU FUCKING TOOL, which is why it was changed in the first place. And don't give me that "just play GURPS then" shit, GURPS plays completely differently from this fucking game and you know it, just because a system uses the same dice mechanic doesn't mean it plays the same, you disingenuous fuckturbine.
>>
>>48984878
Tell me again how it's so much like d20 modern that it has to be EQUALLY as bad as d20 modern. And you'd best unfuck yourself when you answer.
>>
>>48984878
>Getting this assblasted about absolutely forgettable d20 clone
Let me guess - you participate in making of it, so now you constantly get triggered over this gaem?
>>
>>48984878
Literally nobody cares, because:
- it's bad reskin of d20 modern
- barely anyone even heard about Spycraft
- core system is pretty much D&D, but with guns and tacticool shit instead of fireballs
>>
>>48984960
>>48984940
>>48984887
Have any of you actually played the game or did you read the book see the words "Feats", "Attributes", "Archetype" and just started screaming it's a bad DnD clone?
>>
>>48984940
I haven't even heard of it until recently and I contributed exactly nothing to it.

>>48984960
well fuck you then innit. I can see that opinions other than the cult of dogmatically bashing the d20 in all its permutations aren't welcome here. I was hoping that for once, we could have a thread that isn't full of assholes that are so deep in the DnD-hating shitpool that they...

>>48985010
Yeah, that. That they saw the words "Feats", "Attributes", "Archetype", and just started screaming it's a bad DnD clone. Thanks, buddy.
>>
>>48985010
>>48985030
>Samefagging this hard
Also, it's a great way of dissing people, perfect for six-grader
"You probably never eve tried it, but just shit on it!"

I've played enough of this slog to be perfectly aware that it's just Modern with even shittier rules. Which means Shadowrun is better tacticool game. GURPS Tactical Shooting is better tacticool game. Savage is better tacticool game. Twilight 2000 is better tacticool game.
And Ops & Tactics is just piece of steaming shit.
>>
File: 1377367256601.jpg (76KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
1377367256601.jpg
76KB, 831x445px
>>48985030
>I can see that opinions other than the cult of dogmatically bashing the d20 in all its permutations aren't welcome here
Welcome to /tg/, sperg

>we could have a thread that isn't full of assholes that are so deep in the DnD-hating shitpool
Then stop making threads about DnD

You can't even imagine how glad I am it's almost September and soon all summerfags will just go back to school or start college
>>
>>48985081
>muh samefag
>I totally played the game and it's shit because it's shit!

Why don't you give us reasons why it's shit then?
>>
>>48985081
Yeah, I'm done. It was entertaining up until now but now it's just getting boring.
>>
>>48985107
>d20 based in older editions
>unable to properly use or even understand how 3d6 works and what does it do
>d20 Modern reskin
>god-awful rules for bleeding
>god-awful rules for ranged-combat, inherited directly from d20 Modern
>pointless mechanics for melee weapons as if it was still dungeon crawler
And so on and forth...

So stay triggered, sperg
>>
>>48985226
>It's bad because it was based on D20
>Melee weapons are never used in modern combat
I dunno, I've had no problems with ranged combat in the game nor did I have any with the rolling system, And what's wrong with the bleeding rules, it's just rolling a damage die every round,.
>>
>>48985081
>I've played enough of this slog to be perfectly aware that it's just Modern with even shittier rules.

I'm curious. What version did you play?
>>
>>48985268
Not him, but being based on d20 Modern IS a very fucking valid complain. That game was shit. And any system that tries to "fix it" is shit by default
>>
>>48985226
>d20 based in older editions

But not now!

>unable to properly use or even understand how 3d6 works and what does it do

Then why don't you tell me how it works, then?

>d20 Modern reskin

It's really more of a rebuild than a reskin. A reskin implies that all I did was take the same system, not change anything, and update stuff. When I first started, that's exactly what I did.

But that' was 7 years ago. It's been rebuilt for awhile now.

>pointless mechanics for melee weapons as if it was still dungeon crawler

Such as?

>god-awful rules for ranged-combat, inherited directly from d20 Modern

Anything in Particular you don't like?

Because "I target this person, spend this amount of combat points, roll, hit, roll damage, repeat until out of combat points" Is how most games handle ranged combat, sans the combat points.
>>
>>48985375
You're a shit
>>
>>48985375
>That game was shit.

That's exactly why I chose it.

>And any system that tries to "fix it" is shit by default

Do me a favor. Go take a look at combat. Tell me what you think.
>>
File: 1279696118.jpg (69KB, 358x392px)
1279696118.jpg
69KB, 358x392px
>>48985382
>2016
>HURRR STOP SAYING D20 IS BAD DURRRR
>>
>>48985378
>Then why don't you tell me how it works, then?
Becuase you should fucking KNOW how to use dice you are handling in your fucking game. It takes to be really dense to fail bell curve this hard

What kind of response is this?
After so many years and player input you should have a masterpiece. And yet the peak was 2e, after which pretty much anything that wasn't vaseline was ignored.
>>
>>48985423
That's just your opinion, because 2e was even more like d20 modern which must automatically mean it was even more shit, right?
>>
>>48985423
>And yet the peak was 2e

WHOOO BOY THATS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TRUE.

2e was garbage. 2e literally was a D20 Modern Reskin.

>Becuase you should fucking KNOW how to use dice you are handling in your fucking game. It takes to be really dense to fail bell curve this hard

You're missing my point. I'm asking you exactly how I've "Failed" on bell curve.
>>
>>48985462
At this point I'm almost 100% sure this is bait.
>>
File: miss the point.jpg (6KB, 235x206px)
miss the point.jpg
6KB, 235x206px
>>48985451
2e was the only time player complains were actually adressed or listened for real.
That's why it was the peak
>>
>>48968055
I like it
>>
>>48985462
Different anon, but here's how you've failed bell curve: by not fucking using it, you mouth brether
>>
>>48985484

So you're telling me you haven't picked up the game since 2e?
>>
>>48985502
But the most recent edition does, did you even read the book?
>>
File: Disgusting.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.gif
905KB, 240x228px
>>48968055
>Here, it's D&D, but with tacticool stuff!
>>
>>48985507
No, I'm telling you you are literally DEAF for any complains, This thread alone nicely illustrates how unhinged you are with your open ignorance to anything that is not waxing your dick
>>
>>48985545
What complaints? you said things were shit but never gave a reason why it's shit or how to improve it.
>>
>>48985545
>No, I'm telling you you are literally DEAF for any complains

The complaints I've seen are as follows:

Poison's fucked. (I've taken a look at this and I am fixing it)
Feats need to be removed. (I disagree)
Crafting needs to be removed. (I disagree wholeheartedly)
"It's bad" (???)
Tough characters can withstand High caliber weapons and not have any real issues(I'm changing the bleeding rules for this to correct this)
It's too bloated (This one's really based on the person. It's not a light system. And it's not just a run n gun system)
It's too much like D&D (I disagree. It may have "Feats" and "Atributes" and share the names but that's where a lot of it ends.)
It's D&D with Tacticool stuff (See Previous)

d20 based in older editions(True, but it's not now)
unable to properly use or even understand how 3d6 works and what does it do (Unable to correct due to a lack of actual "What I got wrong")
d20 Modern reskin (See Previous about "it's D&D)
god-awful rules for bleeding (I am definitely willing to see how I can change this)
god-awful rules for ranged-combat, inherited directly from d20 Modern (I am willing to listen to what, exactly, is bad and wrong)
pointless mechanics for melee weapons as if it was still dungeon crawler (Unable to correct due to a lack of actual "What I got wrong")
And so on and forth... (Not a serious complaint.)

But I'm here, I'm listening. Feel free to tell me what's wrong, or if I missed anything.
>>
File: Ops_SoS_GURPS.png (1MB, 1948x578px) Image search: [Google]
Ops_SoS_GURPS.png
1MB, 1948x578px
>>48961590
Was this you?
>>
>>48985484
>>48985545
Not in my experience. It's your claim against mine. What now?
>>
ITT: Idiots bash each other about absolutely forgettable d20 clone
>>
>>48985834
Then fuck off and forget about it
>>
>>48985834
Pretty much!
>>
>>48985633

Work on the things people give you solid reason to work on and ignore the rest man.

You seem like an intelligent guy so I doubt I need to remind you that haters will hate, bait, etc...

I've not played your game yet but i've read huge chunks of it, watched over the years as you've worked on it, and want to try it at some point. I'm also not a number cruncher so I can't offer up any hard evidence of why this or that needs to be changed. Just know that there are people out there that appreciate your work and that there will always be haters because its /tg/.
>>
>>48962179
Your game is shit and you are shit and you should be reminded about that every single time you make thread where you try to attention whore for your shit game
>>
>>48985853
And now you're shit by association.
>>
>>48985848
Will do. Thanks.

Also I'm working on a Monster manual so watch the blog for that one. It's not done yet and we're going over betas and trying to find/make interesting things to kill.

>>48985853
>Your game is shit

I accept that this is your opinion.

Why is it your opinion? I'm curious to know why.
>>
>>48985878

You've got a blog? How have I not known this?
>>
>>48985915
Google the game's name. There's a website and a blog.

I only update the blog like once a month, if that.

If you do have any questions, complaints, or you just want to yell at me how terrible my game is, feel free to email me at [email protected]
>>
File: 1385495107919.gif (726KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1385495107919.gif
726KB, 500x329px
>>48985925

Cheers mate.
>>
The only things that keeps this thread going at all is arguing, The moment it stops, there is zero fucking content.

Just like the game itself, it just disappears and is forgotten after the dust settles.
>>
So, do any of you have any interesting stories? I'll share mine to get started

>Playing with group of friends just before I graduate high school
>Setting is in "Sometown, Somestate, US" basically a generic town with every memorable feature you can think of, clubs, gunstores, parks etc
>We're all characters who owe a debt to "The corporation" in one or another so we're working as their runners and muscle
>Party consists of me, The rebellious goth girl who likes occult stuff and has some daddy issues, My friend B, playing an iraq war vet, was a combat engineer and speaks arabic, and my friend K who is a schizophrenic theif with two hidden blades
>Late to the first meeting because I was doing make up work
>given cellphones and some .38 revolvers and do some investigating and brief description of what we'd be doing
>We're looking for a suitcase
>session ends
>miss a couple session and walk in late again
>K takes on a side mission while i was gone to steal a book from some guy
>Finds the guy asleep at his desk, gun in hand, book next to him
>K jokes OOC that she just found the necronomicon
>DM jokingly says "Sure, if you roll high enough on this d20 it is"
>Natural 20
>K's character walks out just fine with the book
>turns out B just shot a guy with a 10 gauge double barrel in K's hideout in an abandoned subway station.
>the guy had information on the suitcase and started reaching for his glock fohty problem solver
>The book was involved somehow and B grabs it, and walks out with it cautiously pointing his shotgun at us
>Call up the corporation who disposes of the body for us
>Switch to B
>We all know how fucked this book is, oxford dictionary bound in human skin, literally just the necronomicon
>B decides he's going to fuck with the book
>scribbles all over the pages with pen
>drops some of his blood on the pages
>burns a page
>book gets pissed at him
>B decides this is bad and calls us up then goes out to buy some propane and propane acessories
cont
>>
>>48986357
>We all meet at B's house and he drives us out of town
>We prop the book up against the propane bomb and move a good 100 feet away
>detonate
>Go check on the book
>it's unharmed and REALLY pissed now
>B's character can't even pick up the book, he keeps passing all the will saves and it rejects him
>Instructs me to pick up the book
>My character's read enough Lovecraft to know where this shit is going
>Book refuses to allow anyone else to pick it up
>Can't just leave it there
>pick up the book
>GM rolls dice
>He gives me a cheeky grin
>Carry the book home and decide to pick up a messenger bag and another gun
>At this point I have 2 .38 revolvers, The .40 caliber glock and now a .40 caliber S&W
>Put everything in my messenger bag and go see a contact of mine while B starts investigating rumors of a cult
>Main mission comes back up after a while, but I miss the game
>B and K meet a group of informants at a Chinese restaurant owned by a criminal organization
>Goes perfectly smoothly
>B is waiting in the car as back up and K walks in and kills the two informants and swipes the briefcase from them
>Walks to the getaway driver, slides right in and holds him up with her blade
>They get away without shots fired and hand off the briefcase to the corporation
>Now that things tone down B goes to the local library and goes around bribing people to get information on the cult
>K and my character are hanging out and I decide to go see a contact of mine
>It's a local christian priest, when I show him the book he freaks out for a moment, regains his composure and produces a bottle of holy water
>starts dripping it on the book
>Book screaming
>I'm screaming
>I'm tangentially attached to the book
>It doesn't want to die
>Roll well and the book nearly dies and I stay in control
>suddenly fail the last roll
>priest ran out of holy water
>priest guy fucks off into the night with the book
>Go into a rage and charge him but K incapacitates and ties me up
cont
>>
>>48986467
>Wake up a few hours later and we decide to get breakfast
>B calls us during this time, his snooping around made him realize the cult is a lot bigger than we think
>it involves several prominent figures
>some are out of town
>one is the mayor
>one is the guy we killed in the subway
>B is freaking out at this point and can't convince the corporation to crack down
>it turns out the handler is in trouble with the corporation because the guy we handed the briefcase off to was found in a ditch and the brief case stolen with no clear evidence as to who did it
>B decides fuck it and takes matters into his own hands
>makes a pound of C4
>goes to the entrepreneurs house and hides it near the driveway
>sits in the bushes waiting for the guy to come back home
>Realizes what the fuck he's doing and grabs his C4 and fucks outta there
>He tells us to meet him at his house ASAP
>Me and K tell him we will once we find the book and I use my connection to the book to guide us to it
>outside of town now
>we find the priest's car on the side of the road with the driver's side door open
>his corpse is in a ditch with a hole in his head
>book is in the back seat
>my character grabs the book and stashes it away
>Suddenly a red dot appears on K's back
>Pull K into a ditch just as someone fires off a burst of 9mm into the car
>Oh fuck we're getting shot at
>I'm taking cover in the ditch and we call B
>B is heading in our direction as fast as possible
>I'm crawling around in the ditch on the side of the road while K hops into the car
>The keys aren't in the ignition and the batteries are dead
>Burst rips through the door and K bails out the other side
>By this point I find a glass bottle in the ditch, and crawl over to the car
>Don't have a knife or a lighter
>quickly search the car for a knife and lighter
>Thankfully the guy had both
>Slice off a piece of my jeans for a rag
>I cut the gasline and fill the bottle with gasoline, soak the rag and stick it in the bottle
cont
>>
>>48986597
>manage to light it with the last of my CP
>K runs over and grabs the bottle and hurls it at the guy shooting us
>hits him
>He's on fire now and rolling on the ground in a panic
>I run over and put a double tap in his chest putting him in crit
>B shows up and we get to work stabilizing the dying guy
>Turns out he's a low tier member of the cult
>I take his MP5 and B takes his .44 Revolver
>We ride back to B's house with a barely living guy in the back and K following us on her bike
>Stop at the hospital and drop the cultist guy off for a few days while we investigate, pick him back up later
>Tie up the cultist guy in the bedroom
>Hear a knock at the door
>open it up
>It's our handler
>He tells us he got fired from his job because he keeps fucking up
>He's part of our team now and we have a ice queen as our handler now
>Well shit
>We all end up staying at B's house and continue investigations
>interrogate the wounded guy
>he tells us about a big cult sermon that's going on and how they said something about a party going on in canada
>he also mentions they stole a briefcase from some guy
>get a call from handler lady
>briefcase had nervegas in it
>We all freak out and compile all of our evidence and convince the corporation to make dealing with the cult a high priority
>dealing with the canadian festival is out of our hands
>We're told to eliminate the local branch though and we're given a code word to tell our local gunshop dealer to allow him to open up his stock for us
>We head over and he gives us patented spooky killing bullets and materials for pipe bombs
>I buy a Remington 700 in .30-06,.40 short and weak ain't cutting it anymore
>get some extra ammo
>Get information from the cult guy of what the meeting ground is gonna look like
>it's some abandoned summer camp ground and their all gonna be meeting in a big hall
>We all get ready to hit this place up
Sadly the game sorta stopped there, we all graduated and life sorta prevented us from playing.
>>
>no one has any stories
Guess >>48986193 was right
>>
i wanna play the Forgotten Realms in Ops & Tactics.

>All over the Shitrun, mysterious crates just start falling out of the sky on camo-print parachutes.
>Magic stops working quite the way Wizards expect, and bullshit magifag infrastruction comes to a screeching halt.
>Drow uncover large quantities of Soviet weapons through mining.
>Illithid begin producing strange futuristic plasma weaponry
>Old White Death is out trolling the coast, pissed off at everything, when all of the sudden a smokey fireball careens towards it from innawoods.
>Danger assessment determines that this is a very novice singular fireball
>Old White Death's gibs and guts spray the icy tides.
>nope you silly little bitch that was an RPG.
>Elminster appears.
>Wherever. Elminster is everywhere and nowhere.
>Elminster: "What the fuck is going on!?"
>someone, utterly sick of Elminster's condescending shit and author-borne immortality just draws a bead.
>Elminster prepares to spontaneously counterspell which he can do 9.5312e+12 times per day
>It doesn't stop the .45
>Elminster's jaw explodes, one side still attached to his skull by a thin piece of flesh
>The bastard falls over.
>Mystra shits her skirts.
>Neverwinter gets lit up by a dirty bomb.

Good times.
>>
File: 1414437205094.png (34KB, 331x386px) Image search: [Google]
1414437205094.png
34KB, 331x386px
>>48988282
/k/ommando please
>>
>>48987934
Maybe because nobody plays this shit, just saying...
>>
>>48989305
It's also not not done.
Surfers don't usually surf on tree trunks.
>>
>>48985268
>>48985375

Actually, the gunplay and melee system is -heavily- biased around the 20 foot rule for knifefight vs gunfight.

Both need to be deadly at that range.
>>
>>48989706
At this point the surfboard is taken shape is only a little rough, the game is very close to completely finished.
>>
>>48989305
Apparently so, it seems I'm the only person who's played the system.
>>
>>48989923
>Actually, the gunplay and melee system is -heavily- biased around the 20 foot rule for knifefight vs gunfight.

Knives are hilariously dangerous in OaTs.

I've rolled characters at lower levers that were able to stab nearly anyone to death, if they got the jump on them.

>>48990107
You're not. I just haven't been spamming it like I normally do. I've been taking more time between post, fixing issues, more test, and farming out review copies to multiple people.

Email me if you want a review copy.
>>
>>48989706
I only just ambled into this thread, but I remember there being talk about this game YEARS ago. I'm not going to say a word on the quality of it, played it a long time ago and didn't like it for the reasons listed, but I really doubt anyone can maintain a coherent design philosophy for such a long time. I mean, if it's taken this long to make what horrible, unsolvable problem is it afflicted with?

As an aside, Sweet Soul Bro, I think it'd pay in the long run if you maintained your poise a little better. I don't want to sound like a hater but from how you've responded to people's (admittedly sometimes unjustified) criticisms I have no interest in playing your game. But I'm a sensitive prick who hates when people are rude or flippant in any sense so feel free to ignore me.
>>
>>48990992
Ok.
>>
File: 1470461595863.jpg (1MB, 776x961px) Image search: [Google]
1470461595863.jpg
1MB, 776x961px
>>48985545
As someone who's given him feedback from my players throughout the course of my game (swords comes to mind, two-handed swords had whack balance with one another) and had it considered and addressed, you're a bit full of it.
>>48986357
When I'm a bit more awake I can share a couple of fun moments sure
>>48989923
>>48990653
Yeah knives are and other light weapons, in combination with the combat point system, make then hella lethal IF you can get up close. Which is appropriate enough, I've got some Opinions about encounter design tho
>>
>>48990653
Huh, I was under the impression that melee weapons weren't really worth it.
>>
>>48992090

Nope. Quite the opposite. Melee weapons are hilariously dangerous for multiple reasons.

1. Most people don't wear armor that can stop piercing, slashing or bludgeoning weapons.
2. Melee weapons are fast, like amazingly fast in combat. You can get 5-7 attacks off with a small knife or club in one turn, if you don't move.
3. They're cheap.
4. They don't take up much space.

And this is just regular melee weapons. There are other melee weapons in Modern Magika and Advanced arms that are even more terrifyingly great.

Everything is Dangerous in Ops and Tactics. Everything. Flintlocks, bayonets. Swords, knives, clubs, sledgehammers.

Everything.
>>
File: SMSuxaR.png (282KB, 473x442px) Image search: [Google]
SMSuxaR.png
282KB, 473x442px
>>48992090
Let's say I've got a knife. Just a knife, no feats put into it even, and for whatever reason I wind up around 15' away from someone who's about to have a bad time. Three combat points to close the distance. With the remaining twelve, I can stab them four times with a 16% chance to crit (survival knife crit range is 14-18). It's only 1d4+my power modifier, but most armors that people actually wear don't protect well against slashing damage, and those crits are going straight to your important meat.
This is without any feats to give you crazy shit like more damage dice or reduced combat point cost, or using lighter attacks so you can cram even more of them into your turn.
Very fast, very bloody. It gets twice as ridiculous with dual-wielding too
>>
>>48992146
>>48992195
See what gets me is sure you can swing a lot and likely penetrate all armors, but how much damage do you do on average per turn? espeically with bayonets that are considered large weapons and only do 1d4 damage.
>>
>>48993140
Each attack is rolled. So if a knife is 1d4+power, and you do 5 attacks, thats 5 * 1d4+power

It's the same as rolling 5d4 + Pow * 5

So yeah, a lot per turn.
>>
File: ACFD143.jpg (5KB, 675x140px) Image search: [Google]
ACFD143.jpg
5KB, 675x140px
>>48993140
Like, a fixed bayonet? At that point they're treated as short spears, I think, which ups the damage to 2d4 but does get treated as a medium weapon. I'm less familiar with using blades in that manner. If I'm right about that, it costs one more combat point to bayonet someone than it does to just knife them, but it's got twice the damage roll without feats. Not sure how spear feats interact with that.
>>
>>48993269
You can use spear feats just like anything else. So Spear feats are 100% kosher with the bayonet.
>>
>>48993269
An affixed bayonet has it's own stat 1d4 for the blade and 1d6 for the butt with a 16-18 crit range and it's considered a large weapon.
>>
>>48993255
Well with an average human and assuming a roll of 2 on every dice that'd be only 10 damage which hurts a bit, but that's spending a whole turn doing nothing but attacking someone with normal attacks, compared to say a 9mm pistol where I can double tap twice and do 3d6 damage every hit, although I will admit I don't have much experience with the game itself and even less with melee weapons so this is mostly my initial impressions from reading the book and looking at damages.
>>
>>48993348
Right you are, I was just looking at the shortspear.
In which case yeah, fixed bayonets kinda suck compared to knives, even ignoring how knife martial arts (+1 damage die) is just so damn good. Hm.
>>
>>48993399
oh yeah with a bunch of feats melee weapons look like murderous death machines, but still feel kinda weak compared to guns.
>>
>>48993397
Well, yeah.

Melee weapons are good, they're fast, but firearms are..well..firearms.

I don't really know what to tell you.
>>
>>48993397
The real belnder starts building up when you bring in knife martial arts which turns that average of 10 damage into an average of 20, and that high crit chance can't be overstated- Average human only has 12 CHP, and that doesn't scale with level. Melee in general is very crit-focused and heavy, a lot of the melee feats involve expanded crit ranges. Dual wielding also works with two attacks for the combat point cost of one, with plenty of penalties but a lotta attacks.
>>48993434
Overall, they kinda are. But in their zone, along with attacks of opportunity, they can carve off a lotta hurt.
>>
>>48993481
Oh yeah, being the guy who dual wields knives with knife martial arts sounds like it'd be hilariously effective, because then you turn that 20 into 40 damage.
>>
File: 1441819083914.jpg (40KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441819083914.jpg
40KB, 400x600px
>>48993508
Yeah, especially when you also do silly things like leading with tear gas grenades while wearing a gas mask.

In any case, this is also what that encounter design thing I mentioned is about. A lot of gunfights happen at ranges that GMs in a tabletop setting just won't represent, for several reasons. For one, it's just a pain to keep track of large distances- you might not have enough physical space on your mat, or it might be fiddly with online tools. The more area you have to map, the more detail and effort you have to put into it, both to map it and to run it. For another, it's just momentum- people are used to more confined combat spaces like dungeons or whatnot, where stabbing a dude is an actually valid choice and you're not fighting Sniper Wolf.
It's a weird place to balance for, yeah, and this isn't even getting into magic.
>>
>>48993614
I really, really like the magic system, it seems like a very powerful tool you can use to just light a group of people on fire in a fight.
>>
File: 4e2b9ecd5bc9303101db46c2125521b0.jpg (207KB, 1609x954px) Image search: [Google]
4e2b9ecd5bc9303101db46c2125521b0.jpg
207KB, 1609x954px
As an aside, the fact that you can add MOLLE slots to clothing and therefore make Quiet's tactical bikini a reality never ceases to amuse me
>>48993685
Yeah, there are others more experienced with its actual usage but it's pretty damn useful close-up. And I just like the thematics of it
>>
>>48993719
Looking at the evocation spells though I just realized that fire seems to be the superior damage dealer, because it's the only one that makes it harder to save against the special effect as the spell gets more powerful.
>>
>>48993756
What do you mean? The catching on fire DC stays static, though the damage of it does scale with the spell yeah
>>
>>48993800
according to the way the rules read, it threatens catching a target on fire for the "dice value" of the spell, which seems to imply the save TN is going to be the total sum of the dice.

While concussive is a fort TN of 12 and the electric is a fort TN of 10 flat with no growth.
>>
>>48993832
Oh, yeah, I got confused about this once too. There's a specific 'Catching on Fire' section in the core rulebook. TN 15, 1d4 damage, or whatever the evocation amount is in the case of magic.
>>
>>48993860
Yeah because it scales with a character's spell it seems like it's the much better option when compared to electric and concussive, which only have a flat TN to effect someone.
>>
>>48993924
No I mean, the TN stays flat but the resulting fire damage is the spell's dice value. Which is still pretty damn nice because of the high TN and repeating damage
>>
>>48961590
>blue-eyed asian girl
My fucking dick. The black leather and gun just make it better.
>>
>>48993950
Oh wow that's really weirdly worded, although that's probably even better because it's still the higher TN and that means your gonna immediately roll damage again when you ignite someone. Acid and Cold seem to get left in the dust unfortunately, especially acid because it's really expensive and the special ability it has only does 1 damage to prone and kneeling targets only.
>>
>>48994011
What I think I'll do is have cold actually effect people with cold, like they have to roll a fort save or be slowed down or something. Acid? Acid I can make it linger. Make it eat through your clothing.
>>
>>48994095
Those are good ideas and I say add an option to make to bump up the TN for the saves as well, because a TN of 10 is going to be a cakewalk within a few levels.
>>
>>48994116
I'll have to check, but I swear the TN followed your Spell school score.
>>
>>48994095
Maybe make direct acid hits linger as well as the area ones, yeah. The area special for Acid is particularly rough because it also has the biggest SP cost for the area affect at all.
>>48994116
They are, but magic is already pretty damn good and paralysis is already pretty much a save-or-die
>>
>>48994132
Well, directed copy pasta'd from the book itself

This can also be added to a spell with the base cost to make the targets make a Fortitude Save [TN10] or be paralyzed for 1d3 rounds.

This can also be added to a spell with the base cost to make the targets make a Fortitude Save [TN12] or be knocked prone.
>>
>>48994132
>>48994178
This can also be added to a spell with the base cost to threaten catching a target on fire for the dice value.
Heroes at risk of catching fire are allowed a Reflex Save [TN15] to avoid this fate

Also please unfuck the characters that join together in the books it's a pain to copy-paste
>>
>>48994208
>Also please unfuck the characters that join together in the books it's a pain to copy-paste
? What do you mean?
>>
You know, did mortars ever get a specific cost for setting up/tearing down anyways? I don't think I've seen it in the book the many times I've read through it.
>>
>>48995334
I don't think so. I think you just have a mortar, and it's ready to go.

I can change that, but I'd rather leave it as "Manipulate an object"
>>
>>48995535
Just wondering, I sorta roughly homebrewed my own CSW for use in my campaign that I tried running, but that stalled out because fuckin timezones and work schedules. Made it cost 4 turns to completely deploy a weapon.
>>
>>48995608
Jesus.
>>
>>48995664
the intended use was mostly to make platoons of the enemy a lot scarier to fight if they wanted to slog it out because they always had a weapons team. Even worse is when I gave all the soldiers grenades and tear gas.
>>
>>48995724
Oh and the justification for making cost 4 rounds is because not only did the enemy have M2s at their disposal (they used mostly NATO stuff with the exception of Warsaw aircraft) they also had recoilless rifles, ATGMs, and automatic grenade launchers
>>
>>48995857
>>48995724

I could possibly put it to 2 rounds, but Oats is really more focused on fireteam level, and not so much platoons.

Game sounds fun, though.
>>
>>48995993
It was probably a bit too sandbox esque for me to handle honestly, because I pretty much made it "Jagged Alliance 2" the campaign, shame I won't be able to play for a long time, since I'm headed to basic in September.
>>
>>48996023
What MOS?
>>
>>48996090
Army, 11X.
>>
At least the OP image was alright.
>>
>>48996095
>11X

Buy as much dip cans as you can carry.

These are worth their weight in gold. Use them to trade with your Fellow Infantrymen.
>>
>>48996111
I'll keep that in mind, I'm a bit worried about heading to basic though, considering I'm 6', 130 lb skeleton and I have like a week and a half to get /fit/
>>
>>48996187
You'll be fine. Don't give up.
>>
>>48996187
Why are you even sitting here instead of doing basic PT to prepare yourself?
>>
>>48996276
Don't forget your safety belt.
>>
>>48996293
Don't forget it's rude to be smug cunt
>>
>>48996293
Hey, it's a legit question. Up until conscription was suspended, pretty much all guys who get 'scripted were doing basic PT in the time between getting the letter and getting to the base they were assigned to manage without getting a heart attack or even more PT for lack of endurance/not following order to run 10 km im full gear
>>
>>48996351
I know it's a legitimate question. I just don't want anon to get shot or ran over.

Reflective belts save lives, anon.
>>
>>48996396
This is one of the main reasons why your game is treated like shit.
Because you treat everyone around like shit
>>
>>48996445

>Because you treat everyone around like shit
>For making an army joke about reflective belt

What?
>>
>>48996445
Read Terminal Lance you savage
It's a fucking MEME
>>
>>48996445
Bruh

Dude man

Is a meme, and is just a meme that anyone from fucking /k/ or 11B would get.

It's a well meaning meme that gently reminds you that your reflective belt will keep the Army's general incompetence from fucking killing you.
>>
>>48996445
>>
File: Reflectivebelts.jpg (65KB, 416x604px) Image search: [Google]
Reflectivebelts.jpg
65KB, 416x604px
Meme Inbound.
>>
>>48996531
Not him, but here it goes:
Not everyone serves in US armed forces
>>
File: ar-18-2.jpg (12KB, 550x173px) Image search: [Google]
ar-18-2.jpg
12KB, 550x173px
So what would you operate with? I'd probably go for pic related.
>>
>>48996581

How long did it take for Charlie to learn that they could also yell 'NO VC', forcing American soldiers to come up with something else to shout and avoid friendly fire?
>>
>>48993971
>Asian girl
>Asian
>A S I A N
Mate, get your eyes checked.

Green eyes on Asian chicks are also twice as hot
>>
>>48993971
>When you are so horny it makes you blind
>>
>>48997539
I already do in one game

>Got made fun of by the literal fag w/ an AC556
>When the Chinese came the ghost of Bill Ruger must have seen someone using a 30 round mag in one of his guns and gotten really pissed
>It jams
>In anger he throws the loaded but jammed rifle at the oncoming horde of China men
>Hits one and he fall off the bridge
>I still have my Costa Mesa AR-18 while Fagnum PI is using an M249 now
>They still mock me
>But I still shoot better then all of 'em
>>
>>48997763
>>48997932
Not him, but if not those anons, I wouldn't even notice myself. Kind like that old-ass clip for "Always" song - unless someone tells you, you won't notice the chick is not Asian.
>>
>>48961590
Homebrew games solidarity sempai?
>>48998708
>>
>>48996445
Did the big bad adult hurt your little feewings? I'll show you a smug cunt m8
>>
>>48998613
That sounds like there's a fun story behind all that, care to share?
>>
>>48986187
>Dat gif
Holy shit it's Robot Jox.
That was my favourite movie as a child, I thought it was greater then Star Wars.
Now days I can't watch it without cringing the whole time.
>>
>>48990992
When one person is working on the whole of a game, it tends to take a while.

If there are issues, revisions are made. This is the path progress takes.
>>
>>49000692
Sure, the character called Fagnum PI was a member of the LA SWAT, but that didn't matter now as the Chinese were invading and the party got conscripted.

So here's the scene, were here on the Golden Gate Bridge, it's 2050, and we've been told to hold the line. We did, for a time. Then it was clear that they had a whole fucking division in the bridge, and we had 10 people holding this end of the bridge.

FF to round 2, Fagnum Pi's Ruger jammed, so he threw it a chink and cause him to fall off of a bridge. I was gunning reds down with 18, and one dude had a mosin, he was good with that.

Once Fagnum realized that we couldn't hold the bridge, he went to a nearby wiring box, touched some wires together and boom, he blew the fucking bridge.

So, we get back, a Marine Colonel (Who was a traitor btw) was going to put us on a wall I said fuck that and drew my Glock 29, I was then promptly rifle butted to the ground.

While we waited for execution a party member had a friend in the CIA, he got us out and used us for an ongoing secret mission in Arkansas to build a resistance against the Red Chinese and there puppet government.

Send help
>>
>>49000964
Oh, and most of the people my character has meet has been one if 2 ways when it comes to the AR-18

>Lol shitty old gun
>Silence

There's been a lot of folks in the first camp.
>>
>>49001004
Wew, people can't appreciate old guns it seems, they want their cowadooty railz n shit. The last campaign I was in lasted only like one session before getting suspended indefinitely but oh man it was fucking great\

>1999
>Characters are mercs deployed to an island to kill the evil queen Deidra
>they insert via helicopter into a rural bombed out town
>characters are Gary Hopson, the heavy weapons guy
>Ezra Moonfal AKA Revolver Charcelot, the party face and mostly non combatant
>And finally Aiden the telekinetic polish dorf
>As they land a group of the queen's administrative police scatter
>one is within sight of the players at the time
>Ezra manages to bluff the guy into thinking a huge SOF team is coming
>guy drops his gun and surrenders
>Ezra quickly disarms and cuffs him while Aiden grabs his old model AR-15
>Ezra turns around
>4-5 dude come out from around the building all armed with AR-15s
>Ezra tries bluffing them
>doesn't work
>They threaten to turn him into swiss cheese and to get on the ground
>he complies
>Aiden is circling a building where a guy with a shotgun is waiting while Gary is setting up in a window behind Ezra
>game ends there
Really sucks the game ended there and everyone's timezone's don't allow us to continue it.
>>
>>49001077
Yeah, that's a damn shame.
The game sounded fun, even if Face McHighChar relied on his charisma a but to much.
>>
>>49001525
He built his character mostly around just talking people down, he was actually quite good at it, decently perception as well, although I think his speechcraft was a little low for how he was gonna try and handle things. I was so excited for them to meet the island's military I made a document detailing their equipment and organization structure, it wasn't even going to be that far until they bumped into them either.
>>
>>49001077
Your last campaign was Jagged Alliance?

Cool.
>>
>>49001675
That was the plan, yeah.
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.