[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Barbarian Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 30

File: 1470466680809.png (539KB, 1024x954px) Image search: [Google]
1470466680809.png
539KB, 1024x954px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Barbarians are fucking great. Give me the best barbarians you've seen. "Me Grog me smash" need not apply.
>>
>>48930095
Do you ever think about death?
>>
File: grapple-gun.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
grapple-gun.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
What's the best way to emulate the feeling and quick movement of the fictional grapple gun in a fantasy D&D setting?
>>
I've been playing a Goliath Totem Barbarian for a couple weeks, and I'm loving the fuck out of it. This mother fucker takes hits like a champ. Not to mention, Aspect of the Beast (Bear) and Powerful Build are just fun.
>>
File: batman-alignment-chart.jpg (252KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
batman-alignment-chart.jpg
252KB, 1280x1024px
>>48930146
Shadow monk would be good for this, or the thief rouge with its climb speed.
Both?
>>
>>48930146
Just make a gun that shoots grappling hooks? Maybe as a bonus action, or zip to it as an action?
>>
>>48930144
Yes. I look forward to being with God. But I must fulfill my duties to Him on this earth before I depart.

One of those duties is to spread joy others. For instance, cat girls - for instance like pic related as an example of such a cat girl as a 5e D&D character race - make amazing use of the polearm master feat as paladins, giving them very reliable reaction and bonus action outlets in every combat.
Great synergy, especially when you take oath of devotion, since cat girls get a charisma bonus as a race in most homebrews (as they should).
>>
What is a good class for someone who likes Cleric but doesnt want to play a Cleric in my next game?
>>
>>48930223
Depends on what they like about cleric.

Caster that prepares from their entire class list: druid.

Devotee to a god or higher power: paladin.

Spreader of cheer and knowledge: bard.
>>
File: catfolk knight.jpg (310KB, 795x831px) Image search: [Google]
catfolk knight.jpg
310KB, 795x831px
>>48930213
Thats not a D&D catgirl
THIS is a D&D catgirl
>>
What are some good feats for a chainlock to pick up? It seems like feats are more of a bladelock's thing, but I'm still curious.
>>
File: 1466515347477.jpg (104KB, 600x822px) Image search: [Google]
1466515347477.jpg
104KB, 600x822px
>>48930185
>>
>>48930193
I just want something that lets me move up and down quickly.

Wizards and Sorcerers can fly.
>>
>>48930264
No that isn't. That's a furry. You are sadly mistaken.
A real example of a D&D cat girl is one that more aesthetically resembles this explicit example picture of a 5e D&D cat girl that I am attaching to this post for the express purpose of providing a demonstration for the point we're having a conversation over and that I'm articulating in this and in previous posts.

5e D&D cat girls only have hair on their heads, eyebrows, tails, and ears, as, again, exemplified by this image I'm uploading for the express purpose of making such a point clear.
>>
>third session of Curse of Strahd
>follow the hag back to her windmill after seeing her take a kid from its parents
>party confronts her on second floor
>while the rest of the party seems content to banter with her about how much of the pastry is made out of baby, I open negotiations with a firebolt to her face
>several rounds later after the other two night hags join in, the cleric and monk are down, the fighter has about 3 hp left, and the paladin has one foot out the door, and my full HP wizard with two level 1 spell slots left is the only one standing his ground
>meanwhile, Team Night Hag is down one member from repeated applications of scorching ray and smiting, the second one was defenestrated, and the third was negotiating a cease fire
>accept cease fire because I don't want to have to make anyone roll up a new character

Really need to get my bros to work on their tactics. Granted, we bit off more than we could chew with that, but dammit we were following the plot hook we were given.
>>
>>48929990
>My name is Grok, I will smash my way to being a warchief and then smash hobgoblins that almost destroyed my tribe, and then... someone else, yeah, so what did you want me to smash now, shiny piece of righteous boredom?
>>
>>48930274
Spell Sniper and Ritual Caster are decent.
>>
File: Blake_Icon.jpg (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Blake_Icon.jpg
48KB, 250x250px
>>48930312
How many ears should a catgirl have?
>>
>>48930424
>>
>>48930300
You'll have to talk with your DM about it then.

Mechanically, I suggest: can be fired as an action to attach to walls or ceilings, 50 foot limit, can then be used to swing from or climb up/down the rope.

This would make it especially good for a thief rogue, who could use it as a bonus action and climb at full speed.
>>
File: Dadbarian.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dadbarian.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>48929990
Does "You made my daughter cry, and that makes me so mad I'm going to pull myself back from death and punch everybody responsible for it in the face" qualify as more complex than "me grog, me smash!"?
>>
File: 1471817202847.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1471817202847.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Can you multiclass the same class and get another archetype on your second 3rd level?
>>
>>48930476
No.
>>
>>48930388
>spell sniper is decent

>>48930424
Two obviously. 4 is silly. Pic related is an example image of a cat girl with the proper amount of ears, so that 5e D&D perception checks can be made with the most efficiency.
>>
Hey, folks? Long story short, I was challenged to try and come up with a PC write-up for Derros; can I get some feedback on the result?

Dwarf Subrace: Derro
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity (Justification: Dex is the highest stat on the Derro's entry)
Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision has a range of 120 feet.
Extra Language: Undercommon
Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks based on sight made whilst you or your target is in direct sunlight.
Quick-Moving: Your Speed is 30 feet instead of 25 feet.
Derro Weapon Training: You are proficient in the Derro Hooked Shortspear.
Derro Madness: You have Advantage on saves against being Charmed or Frightened, and Disadvantage on Wisdom saving throws. (Justification: The former part is what Derro get for their Insanity trait, the latter is an attempted balancing addition)
Magic Resistance: You have Advantage on saves against spells and other magical effects.
>>
Playing an EKnight

should I use a greatsword with GWF and GWM, or Sword and Board with Dueling and Shield Master?

all my spells, besides a two cantrips (Firebolt and GFB) will be utility/defense. Shield, Absorb Elements, Expeditious Retreat, Find Familiar, Protection from Good and Evil, Light

any of you play an Eknight? got any input? me and a paladin are the frontliners, and he's sword and board with protection and etc
>>
>>48930546
I would allow that desu, but probably not with an easy way to negate the disadvantages of Sunlight Sensitivity or in an Underdark game.
Magic Resistance is super huge dude.
>>
>>48930599
You should play Battlemaster instead, because you will feel significantly more effective.

EK is "ribbons - the archetype"
>>
>>48930546
way too many features man.

remove magic resistance, that is fucking insane for a racial

>>48930611
Don't want to play a battlemaster. Don't know what you mean by "ribbons - the archetype"
>>
>>48930617
You will when you play battlemaster one day after having played EK senpai~
Just give it time~
>>
>>48930628
Played a battlemaster archer, was fun. Want to play an Eldritch Knight now.
>>
>>48929990
I'm playing a Totem Barbarian who is from a more primitive offshoot of the Drow in the Underdark. His totem animal is mother spider and has little spiders that crawl around in his back. When he goes into "Rage" it's because he has the little spiders inject their venom into him which does the whole angry smash thing.
>>
>>48930602
>>48930617
Hmm, honestly, I'm not too sure about the Derro Weapon Training feature anyway; it just feels like something any Derro Fighter could pick up. If I removed that and made Magic Resistance a level-locked racial feat, ala Svirfneblin Magic and... whatever other chunky racial feats there are... would that bring it back to balance?
>>
>>48930450
Asura is "ME SMASH!" personified.
>>
>>48930645
Does your character wear a mask?
>>
>>48930980
He does but holy fuck, I've just now realised how much Bane quoting I've missed out on...
>>
>>48931032
You're a big elf
>>
>>48931069
For you
>>
>>48930223
That new Wizard from unearth arcana? The one that get Cleric capstone before cleric.
>>
My thief has a 14 in WIS should I think about some Monk levels for better defence or just keep adding Sneak Attack Dice?
>>
File: face2.gif (845KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
face2.gif
845KB, 300x300px
>>48931594
You must get better AC from some light armour than the +2 you'll get from Unarmed Defense?
>>
Is there a full list of Deity Domains from 3.5e floating around?
>>
AFAICT, if a rogue makes an improvised melee attack with a ranged weapon, they still get their sneak attack bonus. Is that RAW?
>>
File: domains.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
domains.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48931925
This list makes me glad that 5e cut things down to just 8 Domains, since the Deities and Demigods book recommends you have all the domains available in your god pantheon. Though it does make roleplaying a little harder because now it's all up to the player to make things differeng if you have two clerics with the same Domains in the party.
>>
>>48931986
Does it count as finesse or light or anything?
>>
Can anybody recommend a good program or website to make dungeons with? I just want a grid to draw lines on and put some rudimentary shapes like circles and boxes for statues and altars and other random stuff.
>>
>>48931925
>>48932046
This table of contents shows just how much you have to deal with.
>>
>>48932066
It's a ranged weapon, and sneak attack says:
>The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
>>
>>48930343
I really really want my group's barbarian to refer to my paladin a a shiny piece of rightious boredom. Thats funny shit.
>>
>Party preparing for their prison break mission
>They suddenly remember that the Dwarf fighter is wearing full plate
>Their whole Metal Gear Solid plan can be ruined by his loud ass armor
This will be amusing.
>>
>>48932138
I think RAI is extremely clear on this.
If you want to be pedantic, I guess it works if it says it can trigger on "an attack with a ranged weapon".
>>
File: tmp_13659-DOMT-1470500609.jpg (487KB, 1152x1027px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13659-DOMT-1470500609.jpg
487KB, 1152x1027px
So, I've spent far too much time designing a complex and intricate urban based mystery adventure campaign complete with multiple adventure and player based plot hooks. Players are at level 4.

I have an itching urge to include a Deck of Many Things. It will be in the possession of a Green Hag out in the countryside near a small village. She will be terrorising the town for fun and if the PC's go hunting for her she will agree to leave the village alone and move on if any one of them draws from the deck of cards.

Likewise if they kill her they get a Deck of Many Things.In terms of backstory shes simply a servant of a trickster god who likes to sow chaos.

Will this destroy my campaign?
>>
>>48930146
Rope Arrows like from Thief
>>
>>48932190
On the other hand, if you want to make your Bow Master, you can apply Sharpshooter, Great Weapon Master and Sneak Attack to your bow cudgeling. Though you'd also want Tavern Brawler so you can actually hit.
>>
>>48932188
Why does he have armor on if they're in prison?
>>
>>48932194
The fact you're asking means you already know the answer.
>>
>>48932282
Oh, no, they're breaking in to rescue their party member that the Queen imprisoned for killing a priest in front of her by accident and almost killing another person.
>>
>>48932302
Ah, right.
Perhaps he could gather some allies and stay back to charge in if (when) things go bad?
>>
Anons? I got a small rule question. I'm playing a 5th level Evoker Wizard, which means I have access to both the Sculpt Spell feature ad the Fireball spell. If I get on the wrong end of a Swallow Whole attack from a greenvise, can I use Sculpt Spell to shield myself if I try casting fireball inside its guts?
>>
>>48932382
They want to stay on the Queen's good side, they're trying to get in and out without alerting the guards at all.

The rogue is planning to use his cloak of elvenkind and gloves of thievery to his advantage while the ranger helps him, so I imagine their plan is to have the dwarf keep watch for the guards. They don't want to share their plan with me, which is fine, so I'm just going to have to roll with what they do.
>>
>>48932396
I'd allow it

If Tommy Lee Jones can do it, you can do it too
>>
>>48932407
Always good to have a plan B though.
And Co. And, yeah, you get it.
>>
>>48932382
>>48932407
Is there any sort of visitation in the dungeon? If so, why not have the dwarf create a diversion by pretending to visit another prisoner, which should divert at least one guard, and then making a clamor in his heavy armor crying and talking to his 'old friend'? Depending on how no-nonsense the guards are they'll either be distracted momentarily removing him, or spend time consoling him.
Bonus points if he totally breaks down crying talking about his war-torn past or something and the guards wind up taking him to their post for some bread or something.
>>
>>48932692
Hmm, good idea.

They were given the key to their party member's cell by the Queen's brother since he believes the party member is still useful, but he didn't give them any aid with getting in.

The Dwarf is pretty good at getting into his character, I'll use him as the source of their diversion to let the party try and get their companion out of his cell.
>>
>>48930599
The EK in my CoS game uses a maul with GWF, and the damage dice rerolls are really helpful. I expect he'll be taking GWM next level.
His spells mostly seem to be based around giving himself the ability to attack effectively at range, since he felt pretty solid in melee without magic. But if you're a frontliner, taking more defensive spells is a good plan.
>>
>>48930599
GWF if your party lacks a similar melee damage shitter, Sword&Board if they've already got someone dedicated to hitting things with big stick.

If you're unsure err on the side of hitting things with big stick, because vomiting damage is never redundant.
>>
>>48930599
I played an EK/Sorcerer assassin character that focused on Dexterity. I got Fighter level 5 for the extra attack and then went Sorcerer for spell spam. The focus was to get many tricks up my sleeve, but in the end I mostly utilized Shield and Fog Cloud (to disrupt a horde of archers so they couldn't all gang up on us, and to keep some weird creature from blasting us with spells). My focus was a frontliner that simply didn't get hit, but still could do enough to be a threat. I got a cloak of Displacement and it became a joke about how I never got hit since then. My character had 18 AC unarmored due to Dragon Sorcerer traits, got 20+ from magic armor and shield on top of displacement and with shield as a back-up. I also got a ring of spell storing to store Shield in. I basically always had +5 AC. Started out as a monk+fighter that would be an unarmed fighter, but also a master of all weapons, ended up dropping monk as it didn't suit the character and we got another monk. EK was mostly fun because I multiclassed to access more spells and spell slots to spam Shield with. I used Spiderclimb occasionally and never really used cantrips beyond Light. I probably should have used Minor Illusion more though.
>>
>>48930312
>this explicit example picture of a 5e D&D cat girl
Hanekawa Tsubasa? Odd, I never heard of a Bakemonogatari/DnD crossover.
>>
File: eiVAw5v.jpg (111KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
eiVAw5v.jpg
111KB, 640x800px
DM Help please folks

>party of 4 lvl 6's
>3 are LG/NG
>1 is LE

I don't know how to make an evil encounter/event for him without the others simply attempting to stop him or not going along with it.

I've considered running him his own separate encounter where he is on his own but then I have three bored players waiting in the wings.

How can I make an encounter which allows him to satisfy his evil side without blowing the other players out.

The only way I think I could get them to really go for it is with the promise of loot.

He is a member of the Zhentarim but has JUST joined.
>>
>>48933081
Sound like a recipe for disaster? Probably better to have the odd one out reroll a character?
>>
What the hell does "Ribbon Archetype" mean?
>>
>>48933125
Nah I don't want to say to him like "I can't think of anything for your guy to do so make a new one."

That's a dick move and if a DM said that to me I'd be pissed off.
>>
>>48933139
A Ribbon is a feature that is not directly for combat, like extra skill proficiencies. A ribbon archetype is one overloaded with such features, at the expense of combat buffers.
>>
>>48933081
A lone Evil dude in an obviously Good party usually never ends well if he's actually emphasizing the "Evil" part. The LE type where the Lawful is the most important part can work sometimes, but just based on your question that's probably not the case.

Every time I've seen an Evil dude in a Good party (which seems to be fairly frequent for some reason) it always ends with the Good people coming to the realization mid-campaign that they're running out of justifiable reasons not to ditch, imprison, or kill the obviously evil douche running around kicking puppies where he thinks they can't see him.
>>
It's been a while, so, after these two years or new content, UAs and supplements, how do I RULES OF NATURE! in 5e?
>>
>>48933301
Fighter with the Champion archetype.
Hit stuff with your sword.
>>
>>48929990
I need help creating a character for a new campaign. The rest of the party is a fighter and a cleric. I was thinking sorcerer or wizard, but I'm not at all familiar with these classes and not sure how to build them.

Would a monk be viable? I know nothing about them and have never considered playing one, so it could be a fun change of pace.
>>
>>48933345
Honestly you have a big melee guyou and a caster so you're good with whatever.
Personally I'd probably play a bard but the real answer is 5e is made so that you'll be fine whatever class combo you guys have.
>>
>>48933310
That's pretty boring, I want to jump hundreds of meters, lift hundreds of tons and run up buldings' walls while cutting enemies. I guess jump distance is still limited to your speed and powerful build and 6th level bear totem still are hated by every GM ever?
>>
>>48933373
*guy
>>
>>48933377
Go play an anime game then.
D&D 5e is just not built for that stuff.
>>
>New group
>Two of the four person party are literally retarded
>The Barbarian evidently has 4 Int (Rolled for stats, evidently without caring that the lowest it can be is 8)
>My character is now a literal tard wrangler
I don't see how this can even be statistically possible. The chances of rolling at least three ones and a two for a stat must be astronomically low.
>>
>>48933393
sigh*...you could in 4e and 3.5e, what went wrong?
>>
>>48933345
Wizard is a safe bet, they've got a wide spell selection which allows them to solve a large number of problems, which is good because fighters don't to much mechanically beyond bonking things with their stick of choice, so it's down to you and the Cleric to solve every not purely roleplay problem that might possibly arise that isn't stick-applicable.

Monk isn't anything special really, you make kung-fu noises and bonk things with your fists instead of a stick.
>>
>>48933400
Maybe not a 4, but a 5 (same bonus) is almost as easy as to get an 18, and you see a lot of 18s, only logical there're some 5s too
>>
"bumping" from last thread

I'm looking for a decent no homebrew build for a Viktor Frankenstein mad scientist

Any of you Stradh bunnies ever seen/ made one?
>>
>>48933437
Thief rogue
You know anatomy (sneak attacks), are very knowledgeable (skillz) and know how to operate on every item ever. Rest is roleplaying.
>>
>>48933081

Why are you designing encounters around the players? Your job is to prep situations and its up to the players to decide how to resolve them. If that way is more evil than good then so be it if they all are happy with that , if not the evil player can work out a way to do it alone or just stay in line with his allies.
>>
>>48933373
>>48933408
cheers guys
>>
>Be me
>Want to play D&D
>Be socially retarded
Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>48933403
That's why I specified.
If it's what you want, play that.
Personally I think it's shite and not what I want from D&D, so I'll stick with 5e.
>>
>>48930146
Rope arrows, Zelda hookshots, crossbow grappleguns.
>>
>>48933495
No problem. Best of luck!
>>48933500
Yeah. Play D&D.
>>
File: 202e3e26818351.5635ae8703ece.jpg (752KB, 864x1178px) Image search: [Google]
202e3e26818351.5635ae8703ece.jpg
752KB, 864x1178px
anyone have cool maps from Mike Schley... especialy city one ?
>>
>>48933437

If you got the chem skills to back it up, transmutation rock gnome wizard with artisan

Alchemist and tinker tools with bonus for artifact history checks, inteligence based spell casting, book based focus and a high constitution for that "mad cackling/in the zone" concentration ability
>>
>>48930546
Way too many advantage and disadvantage on this. The advantage on Charm and Fear are countered by disadvantage on wisdom saves, so basically nothing. But you are also having advantage on Magic.

So if someone casts Fear on your derro, they have two advantages and one disadvantage. Rules as Written that means it's just a flat roll if there exist any number of both.

This is way too confusing to mesh with any of the current races. I got a quick look at Derro, maybe give them a charisma point as well instead of all of these advantages? It increases their confidence and they are less than likely to fear something.
>>
>>48931835
The best light armor (barring magic) is AC 12, so... no.
>>
so im in the middle of building my own campaign. Now, i need on your opinion on some stuff... How many main locations are ok to have so players feel they have options ? I mean... how many large cities, villages, ruins and other stuff should i have ? I was thinkong of maybe a capital city, a two smaller ones and maybe around 5 villages. Then maybe ... 5 sites that can be visited for side quests (ruis, towers etc).
>>
>>48933574
The numbers you've got so far sounds pretty solid for an open-ended campaign.

However, it very much depends on the kind of campaign you're running. LMoP, for example, is centred around one village with a handful of locations for all the questing and stuff.
>>
>>48933437

Old One Warlock isn't too bad

You get the madness, the utility effect and the nova bursts for that cackling

You can even get a homonculus for a familiar

Charisma might present a tricky role play element however
>>
>>48933574

Answer: As many as the story needs

If you need them to stay in one town, you can have that town be a larger city with lots of districts
>>
>>48933570
You add your dex to light armor tho
>>
I wanna multiclass my rogue, should I do Death cleric or favored soul death domain for that twinned vampiric touch
>>
>>48932194
The Deck of Many Things literally exists so that a DM can destroy his campaign. It's the "I don't want to run things anymore." button
>>
Are there any creatures in the monster manual, or otherwise that benefit from being in contact with water? (Other than just breathing and swimming, I mean like multiplying or being enhanced)
>>
Had a player introduce a character who was lucky last night. That was the concept. So when presented with a deck of many things, he of course draws a card. He drew void.

The entire campaign has now turned into a brief rescue mission into the shadow realm.
>>
>>48933829
I should add, that the character was replacing one of the players other characters, midway through a campaign.
>>
>really want to play
>friends i play with are a guy who barely speaks english and a guy who is afraid of reading even one paragraph
>i'm the only one who can actually dm half competently so it's all i ever do
I just want to play the damn game for once
>>
Someone know any alternative magic system for D&D 5th?
>>
>>48933950
Magic is pretty build into the system, and vice versa. Wouldn't a new magic system require a new game system altogether?
>>
>>48933574
Just putting them on the map doesn't mean the players will go there. What you really need to give them is three or four different options for things to do, even if it's all in the same town.
>>
>tfw wanting to play a game that doesn't die before 3rd level
>>
>>48933950
There's the spell points system in the DMG, if you don't like spell slots
>>
I ran a one-shot this weekend for 3 people, 1 of which who has only played 1 session prior (the other 2 are in my main campaign that's been going on for 1 1/2 years now), and had an interesting bit that popped up.

> Come to a cavern with a seemingly bottomless pit 120 feet in diameter.
> They spit and throw things down to test it.
> EVERYTHING POINTS TO IT BEING A BOTTOMLESS PIT.
> Since the beginning, I detailed how bottomless pits are a very real thing in this world.

So the new player comes up with a brilliant plan. Granted, his experience with RPG's and fantasy settings come from strictly AAA-titled vidya.

> I tie a rope to a rock and want to rappel down.
> You get about 45 feet down before you run out of rope.
> (At this point, both the other players are running checks to figure how to get across).

And then...

> I cut the rope.

Everyone's jaw dropped; I guffawed. Explain that as the 2 other players look over the edge at the last second, they see Frank (the half-orc barbarian with a comedian background), fall into the abyss.

I had to explain to him how Frank was now dead-dead, gone from this physical plane. He was happy to retire that character, because everyone had a laugh and is now one of our best tabletop memories so far (considering he was the character who pocketed a portable hole that was holding upwards of 10k gold, which is now gone with him.

ANYWAYS: I want to implement Frank the Half-Orc Barbarian Comedian with a Giant Flail (Greatsword stats), and 10k gold into the main campaign as someone who went to one of the other planes and becomes a pretty big fucking deal. Suggestions on how to do it?
>>
>>48934121
>Character kills himself

Why?
>>
>>48934159
It seemed like a good idea at the time?
>>
>>48934159
He may have thought it was a Doctor Who reference, with the bottomless pit and running out of rope, with the distance to the bottom being pretty short but hidden.
>>
>>48934159
>>48934168
He told me he was completely convinced that it wasn't an actual bottomless pit / certain death. It had to be a trick / "fortune favors the bold" things.

It was a pretty straightforward less on the fact that that's now exactly how it works in D&D.
>>
>>48934200
Holy shit it's too early for this. Apologies for typing like I had a stroke.
>>
>>48933437
Thief with medicine proficiency/healer multiclassed into Wizard necromancer.
So Thief 4/Wizard x.
>>
>>48930264
And that is what felinid player races should be! I am excited because I heard they were supposed to be using the jaguar-people in Volo's. So excited!
>>
File: FEF_Azura.png (206KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Azura.png
206KB, 439x480px
I'm brainstorming for a College of the Dancer bard archetype, probably focused on close range melee support/buffing allies and adding effects to the Countercharm ability. One thing I was considering was giving it Unarmored Defense as one of the level 3 abilities.
Would it be overpowered to give a full caster Unarmored Defense that works with their casting stat? (10+Dex+Cha) If so, would it be more balanced to allow using Charisma to calculate AC in place of Dexterity? (Studded Leather becomes 12+Cha mod, for example)
>>
>>48933500
Everyone starts out socially retarded, you need to just keep chugging along and make mistakes. As long as you learn from your mistakes and use common sense you will join the rest of society as someone who can talk.
>>
>>48933711
Water weirds and Water Elementals are invisible when in water, so there is that.
>>
>>48932251
I would think that neither Sharpshooter, nor GWM are things you would want to be putting onto an attack with Sneak Attack. When you only have one attack to hit with, missing all of your DPR is kinda big...

Would make for awful concentration checks. The earliest it comes fully online is level 8, but 2.5 (1d4) + 23 +(3.5 * 4 (4d6)) is about a DC 20 concentration check that goes up with level (+1 DC once Dex gets to 20 at level 12, and +1 or 2 DC whenever Sneak Attack dice goes up). Not effective for most things, but dang it is effective at neutralizing concentration.
>>
>>48933906
Roll20 and find new friends nerd
>>
Is there a mechanic for cheating at gambling in 5e, or would it be something simple like a sleight-of-hand check vs. Passive perception to gain advantage on the actual gambling roll?
>>
>>48933291
We had a Vengeance Paladin try this. We left him for dead against a mummy lord when he couldn't keep up (but we saved another PC who was knocked out).

Same player also tried this with a Warlock. Got knocked out his very first session by moi when his character dismissed my PC's god upon first meeting. Then he attacked a silver dragon we were making friends with and was insta-gibbed by ice breath, and was not missed.

Meanwhile I've played a rogue who used acid as a persuasion method and a monklock who is amoral and quite good at thievery, and both got along fairly well with the party. Evil PCs need to be handled well if they aren't going to just be a burden.
>>
>>48934492
Depends how you're planning to cheat.
Like, you could cast Zone of Truth on a poker table so none of your opponents can bluff. That doesn't need special rules.
>>
>>48934121
He falls and falls until he is shot out of another bottomless pit on the Plane of Earth. This just so happens to get him caught by Dao, and forced into slavery. Soon after he escapes with a party of servants, wrestling through the Dao to leader of the house, whom Frank pushes into a bottomless pit. Dao are filthy rich so with the spoils he has gold and jeweled everything, rings on every finger, and he gets his giant flail dipped into molten gold, turning it gold itself. He buys a Plane Shift back to the material plane, known as Frank of the Mountain, due to his literal mountain of gold.

Little do they know that the Dao House leader landed in the Plane of Fire, and with an IOU, has amassed a sizable mercenary group to have his revenge.
>>
>>48934402
It depends on how offensively strong he is. Monks get their armor with their primary stats cause they aren't very offensively strong relative to other classes. Barbarians are very strong offensively so stats they don't NEED are what govern their AC.

If your bard can make encounters easy, then don't make it their primary stats, I can get behind the Light Armor plus Cha but that has to be like their big deal.
>>
>>48934542
Now THAT I can work with. Will definitely use that as a jumping off point and inspiration.

Thanks!
>>
>>48934492
A sleight of hand but I would make sure to ask how exactly are they trying to cheat. Like take a peak at someone else's cards? Or like grab an extra card or limply roll a dice to get 20.
>>
>>48934571
It definitely wouldn't receive any offensive bonuses like Valor's attacks or Lore's Cutting Words. Instead, the features would be things that support allies, but wouldn't do much at all when alone. Still working out the details, but I think the level 6 will be something that adds onto Countercharm, to make spending your actions "Dancing" more rewarding.
>>
File: latest[1].png (4MB, 2500x3300px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
4MB, 2500x3300px
Currently playing game where my character calls upon the literal spirit of dracula to fuel his berserker powers

It made the rest of the party uncomfortable when he started laughing and crying and howling like an animal in a fight.

Also when his armor started to drink his blood.
>>
>>48934492
Familiars. Have them be a Tiny creature you made Invisible and tell you what their cards are. Arcane Eye works too. Detect Thoughts is great! If it is your set, Detect Magic combined with Nystul's Magic Aura let's you create a deck so you know what every card is (use schools of magic for the suits, then use the different creature types for the numbers).

Sorcerer could do some nasty work with Subtle Metamagic. Use Detect Thoughts to find out when your opponent has a crappy hand, then give them a Subtle Suggestion to bluff and go all-in.
>>
>>48934402
But Azura has 0 def...
>>
>Out of the Abyss
>demons are invading everyone's butthole
>angels hate them
>no angels show up

>Princes of the Apocalypse
>evil elemental assholes are invading everyone's butthole
>good and neutral elementals hate them
>no good or neutral elementals show up

>Storm King's Thunder
>giants are invading everyone's butthole
>dwarves and dragons hate them
>???????????
>>
>>48930184
jfc i've never seen this Grog's fanart, so gorgeous.
>>
File: exilenephilim.jpg (45KB, 368x257px) Image search: [Google]
exilenephilim.jpg
45KB, 368x257px
>all this talk of catgirls
Just play a fucking nephilim from Exile / Avernum.
Better yet, play a Slith, they're way cooler.
>>
File: bladefix.png (7KB, 728x96px) Image search: [Google]
bladefix.png
7KB, 728x96px
How do you save bladelocks tg?
>>
>>48934532
Palming dice, cards up the sleeve, etc.
>>
>>48934773
I give them a swift and merciful death.
You can't remain equally viable in melee to Fighters and Barbs while also maintaining equal viability in magical or ranged combat to casters or archery-based Rangers / Fighters.
>>
>>48933400
Dammit, now you're reminding me of Forrest Grump the paladin.
>>
I've been playing a Int 8 Wis 10 Cha 10 Barbarian for a while now. A while ago, a guy was making a ritual in which a child would be serving as a vessel for the rebirth of an Eldrich Horror of sorts.
So I interrupted the ritual by shoving my greatsword into the vessel's chest. The sword was sorta sucked in, and when i managed to pull it back, the blade was black and opaque. Since then, the DM tells me my character's been having nightmares and forgetting about stuff from his background, and being generally less caring towards the other PCs.
Now, the sword is a magic item, it restores my HP everytime i kill something in combat. The barbarian knows it's useful. Even he knows it's possessed or that it's corrupting him, he can't just throw it away or try to destroy it, because he's afraid of releasing the creature. But I, as a player, wanna get rid of it, because I can't play my character properly while I have it. And the low Int/avg Wis and Cha don't make making decisions as this character much easier.

Suggestions?
>>
Newbie here. I want to play a Tempest Cleric with Booming Blade...

What are some good way to force enemy to move?
>>
>>48934838
Pallies still have half casting and melee capability, locks barely have more casting and normally just do damage from range anyway. I don't know how to balance them really, or where they should be (should they do more damage than ranged locks, and if so that's a ton of damage, should they be modeled after valor bards etc) but what I want to do is make them less shit. I.e. I'd like to not punish players for picking what seems to be thought of as the coolest pact.

I'm doing the same for champ fighter for example, I like their simplicity for noobs but holy shit are they weak, even with no short rests and 8 combats they are way behind compared to BM in only damage (8.4 damage assuming 3 rounds each combat, level 5, while BMs get 18).
>>
File: 51Wf+2eKrgL.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51Wf+2eKrgL.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
how should i depict my character /tg/

I don't want to draw her as a boring as fuck dull standard "leather armour" "green cloak" longbow character you always see, i want to draw pretty girls in dresses and armour
>concept
She's a wood elf ranger/druid
All her life has been spent on her own in the forests
I want to base her design around a renaissance style dress (pick very related)
How would you make this seem more dnd/battle ready?
>>
>>48932194
Depends on how shitty your players are
If you're lucky it'll just devolve into pvp.
>>
>>48934889
Paladins have spellcasting slots but they're not exactly using those slots to nuke with the effectiveness of a Wizard. Warlocks are, albeit much less often.
>>
Bard college of the swords...
Why do everything use Bonus Action...
>>
>>48934883
If your character acknowledges that it's bad, and that just ditching it could be bad, then perhaps he would talk to the rest of the party. Or just stop actively using the blade, but keep it around, to see what happens.
>>
>>48934935
Because it's not a multiattack class, just like (War) Cleric.
>>
>>48934935
Dual wielding has sucked for a long time, so this should be no surprise.
>>
>>48934953
My character's plan right now is a) getting a magic maul and smashing the blade to bits or b) asking the paladin to use said maul and smitr it to bits. Making any decision in-character is pretty hard with these restrictions I've been imposed.
>>
>>48929990
I had a player who made a fantastic barbarian as his first-ever tabletop character. It was a Totem Barbarian and he chose Bear as his first totem.

The background was that his people lived on these plains that they shared with another tribe (the Dragonkin Barbarians, who were all Berserk Barbarians,) and that his grandfather liberated those Dragonkin from slavery to a pair of dragons who lived in the nearby mountains.

He actually roleplayed well, despite having no prior roleplaying history, and his quest to follow in his grandfather's footsteps became inspiration for the second major "arc" of the campaign. It unfortunately ended then because I had to move :/
>>
Thoughts on this? Was brainstorming for EK friendly cantrips.

>Defenders Ward
>Cantrip
>Abjuration
>Casting time: bonus action
>Duration: 1 minute
>Creates a small ward of force over your hand that can be used as a shield (+2 AC) The hand is still considered free, but while used for any other purpose the ward disappears.

Basically you have a shield in your hand whenever you aren't doing anything else with it. You can throw something with your off hand and it will reappear before the round is up, but if you're two-handing your weapon it's gone until you let go.

Not sure if it should grant proficiency in itself or not. I'm leaning no, to keep it mostly EK exclusive.
>>
>>48934883
You know what 8 Int, 10 Wis Barbarians did back in the days of 1E when they were confronted by magical items?

They leveled up.
Sunder that shit. You don't need to be a worldly Cleric to know that the black-bladed demonsword whispering dark secrets is bad juju. Releasing the cthulhu inside is a valid worry to anyone, so take that shit to a volcano.
>>
>>48930298
>Chaotic on left
>Lawful on right. Heresy!
>>
File: PictureOfGoodHealth.png (154KB, 472x725px) Image search: [Google]
PictureOfGoodHealth.png
154KB, 472x725px
>>48934901
If she's been in the forest by herself all this time, how about this. She probably stumbled across the dress(es) somehow, possibly scavenged by what's left of a raided caravan and grew infatuated with them. They're initially ill-fitting but she wore them regardless. As time progresses, she has to keep mending the wear and tear, hemmed skirt so the bottom doesn't keep dragging through the forest floor and patches over the bigger damage. For armor, she could wear pauldrons, bracers and a small chest piece overtop/under the dress and greaves down below. Basically, have the dresses evolve with quality-of-life improvements.

Once she becomes an adventurer, seeing a tailor shop will probably blow her goddamn mind
>>
>>48935129

Could be broken if it stacks with shields
>>
>>48935010
Swords Bard gets Bonus Attack

>>48934935
Because it's 99% a copy of 2e Blade and one of their defining feature was being as good as a 2e ranger at dual wielding.
>>
>>48935248
Nah, as you'd be holding something in that hand so the magic shield would be gone. Unless you mean a normal shield in one hand and the magic one in the other, which would do so the same thing as holding two normal shields... nothing extra at all.
>>
>>48935238
>seeing a tailor shop will probably blow her goddamn mind

YES
I can just imagine that, other party members having to pull her away from a window.
The little background story thing is pretty much exactly what I was thinking too.
Thanks anon, I'm going to try that idea now.
>>
>>48932098
I've seen many homebrews for new domains, most of them as nitpicky as 3.5 that are already covered by official ones, but are there any that should be added? Anything completely uncovered by the 5e ones?
>>
>>48935100
That's pretty awesome. My player this weekend (previously mentioned in this thread as Frank the Barbarian-Comedian) went Totem-Wolf barbarian.

He was basically a Half-Orc Lewis Black / Dennis Leary, but in the end ultimately wanted to help others through the joy of laughter......and slamming his giant flail in the face of evil.
>>
>>48935292
Is it fun though? I assume I will still be strong since I am a bard..
>>
Can anyone help me with a good class and reason for going into Curse of Strahd?

I want something fun and "fluffy" without it being too obvious (Cleric and Paladin, for example), and while remaining relatively obvious why the person is there.

I really want a rather "diminutive" kind of character, there for vengeance or knowledge or something.
>>
>>48935451
None of the current domains really cover travel domain well.
>>
>>48935513
Perhaps a warlock obsessed with the Dark Powers and the Demiplane of Dread in general.
>>
Daily reminder strength rogues are viable.
>>
>>48935129
That's actually pretty okay. Shields normally take an action to equip and drop, so it's like a faster-equipping shield for when you're caught unprepared, but allows you to do things like attack with a big weapon and then pull up a shield. It's about the right power level for a cantrip.

I actually like this, which is something rare for me to say about anything homebrewed.
>>
>>48935559
They are. But why would you want to be one. You're going to have to use finesse weapons if you want sneak attack, and at that point there's no real benefit to strength, since your dex gives you damage AND AC.
>>
>>48935559
"Viable" is pretty meaningless though.
Especially when you're using it to mean "subpar but not painfully unusable" (unusable meaning shit like the NPC classes and the Truenamer from 3.5e)
>>
>>48935513
Noble background, trying to track down more bottles of Champagne du le Stomp, as the homestead's cellar ran out of the fantastically rare wine. Investigation determined that all bottles ultimately came from Vistani traders, so they must know the winery it ultimately comes from. In your pursuits you wind up in Barovia.
>>
>>48935534
That's true. I'd also like to see something less modern for city/civilization/trade or something.
>>
>>48935606
If you've multiclassed into barbarian, it's viable.

Otherwise, the only time you'd ever really want it is if you're trying out some weird homebrew, if you're the only person on the team who's expected to grapple or if there's a magical +3 plate armour you manage to obtain heavy armour proficiency with and nobody else is using it and you need the strength to wear it.

>>48935609
Well, pure rogue going strength is certainly 'subpar but not painfully unusable' for sure.
>>
>>48932097
Look up pyromancers dungeon painter, donjon and deepnight 8bit map maker
>>
>>48935589
The biggest exploit I see with it is two-handing a versatile weapon during your round, letting go with your off hand after your attacks and going back to sword and board before your turn ends. The only penalty is an AOs will do one point less damage. Which is still... sort of ok?
>>
>>48935559
>watch as I go MAD for the sake of better athletics checks
>>
Ugh, why is a spell point variant system so hard to design/balance right?

Last night I thought I'd stumbled upon the right numbers for balancing it out in terms of cost per spell without changing the spell point table in the DMG on page 289. But then I ran into the issue of balancing out the costs compared to spell slot system and then everything got all fucked up again.

Maybe it just needs to be inherently gimped at the mid and higher levels in terms of costs or spell points earned, because you're trading more spell slots for versatility in terms of what you spend your points on (ie., do I blow my wad firing off 3 Disintegrates at level 11 and be tapped for the rest of the day, or only fire off one, then spend the rest of my points on other stuff).
>>
>>48935815
Yes, you could use a weapon as a d10 instead of a d8 for a round, which would give you +1 damage on average... If you used your bonus action, and one of your cantrips summoned up those shields.
It's not often the 'versatile' trait gets to be used unless you're caught with no time to equip better stuff.
>>
>>48935829
Not if you've got medium armour.
You'd only need up to 14 dex.
>>
>>48935830
Spell points are a bit more powerful that regular slots, sure, but I don't see how you can do better than what the book suggests. You'd have to redesign the entire magic system to make any real headway. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
>>
>>48935674
>If you've multiclassed into barbarian, it's viable.
Explain how.
>>
>>48935838
Remember it lasts a minute like shillelagh, so you only real have to worry about the bonus action once. Assuming you didn't cast it before combat.
>>
>>48935872
If you build a barbarian like a barbarian, but weild a light weapon instead you can multiclass into rogue for its normal benefits without further penalty. It's... not exactly a powerful combo, but I'd call it viable.
>>
>>48935898
Oh yeah forgot, you could reckless attack to get sneak attack whenever the fuck you want it, but it's not like sneak attacks are that hard to set up to begin with.
>>
>>48934885
Have a swashbuckler in your party.
>>
>>48935924
Alternatively, a bard with dissonant whispers.
>>
>>48935872
You get rage, reckless attack and medium armour.
Rage bonus damage only applies if you use strength.
Reckless attack only applies if you use strength.
Medium armour means you can have decent AC without high dex.

It's a shame the only things that actually require strength are great weapons and a couple of barbarian abilities.
>>
>>48935898
Why would you need strength though.
>>
>>48935963
See >>48935960
>>
>>48935960
>It's a shame the only things that actually require strength are great weapons and a couple of barbarian abilities.
Whoops. And special attack moves that use athletics, of course.
>>
File: anon failed spell point fix.png (42KB, 354x272px) Image search: [Google]
anon failed spell point fix.png
42KB, 354x272px
>>48935867
Well, I was talking with a D&D friend last night about how to balance the Mystic class from UA, because we both came up with an idea for a campaign we'd like to run in the Dark Sun setting. And the Mystic uses the same table as spell point system for it's Psi Points. We were trying to balance the class so that it's about on par vs. spell slot system, where you basically trade a bit of spells cast/day to being able to potentially nova something.

And during the talk I thought I'd stumbled upon the right numbers to balance it out, but eventually ran into the issue of, if I used the math/numbers I'd come up with and applied it to the Wizard, the Wizard would only be able to cast 1 spell from each spell level before being tapped out. Where-as the current spell point cost has it being about equal in terms of spell slots for number of spells the Wizard could cast.
>>
>>48935852
>DEX is only good for AC
Kek
>>
>>48935898
Note that if you're a totem barbarian, you will actually do more damage with light weapons than with a great weapon.

Rage attack damage applies to every hit, including two-weapon-fighting hits.
A raging totem barbarian doing two-weapon-fghting with 18 strength will do:
1d6+6 plus 1d6+2 damage.
>>
>>48935988
So... why change it from what the book says?
>>
>>48936008
That goes out the window once GWM is involved, which works great for barbarians because of Reckless Attack.
>>
>>48935994
Yes. It can be used for ranged attacks, though you would likely be able to afford to go into melee range and that'd deal less damage if you used it anyway.
Yes, it can be used for initiative. Can't really argue with that one.
Yes, it can be used for stealth. Can't argue with that, either, but it matters most of all to assassins.
Dex saves? Who cares when you have danger sense + evasion.
>>
>>48936028
That's still an entire feat taken. Yes, you can definitely do more damage by great weapon master techniques, though that leaves the pitch wide open for the rogue to go be tanky.
>>
>>48935994
I think he's just saying a moderate dex won't gimp your AC, which the most important dex feature. Presumably they wouldn't be relying on dex skills, but the dex saves are a straight loss, though.
>>
>>48936010
Because of balance issues at the higher end spells. In my Wizard example, with the spell slot system, you get to cast 1 Disintegrate as early as 11th level. Meanwhile, using current spell point cost and spell point table variant, that same Wizard can fire off 8 Disintegrates before being tapped out.

I was trying to balance it out so that Mystic could work for a Dark Sun setting, and thought to expand my supposed spell point cost system to the rest of the casters as a baseline to see if it worked. Turns out it doesn't.

Side note: Consumptive Power for Mystic should be it's capstone, not a level 10 ability.
>>
How does one go about getting into Dark Sun without having played it in 2e or 4e? The ideas are cool but it sounds like a fuckton of work to try to run it in 5e if you're not already familiar with the setting. The setting basically has its own monster manual if I'm understanding it correctly.
>>
>>48936073
Did you try making the higher end spells progressively more expensive? Maybe you could increase all the numbers to make it scale a bit smoother, too.
>>
>>48936096
You could do dark sun lite, taking the basic idea and not worrying about the exclusive details.
>>
>>48936073
I'm pretty sure that's a problem of the class, not the system. Sorcerers use the spell point values for SP to slot cost, so you would logically want to change that too, right? I let sorcs use spell points as a small buff to them, trying to balance it precisely against the default is futile though, I think.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-22+at+01.09.53).jpg (35KB, 311x168px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-22+at+01.09.53).jpg
35KB, 311x168px
Attempting to fully understand Countercharm RAI before I try to buff out a class feature that would modify it.
>As an action, you can start a performance that lasts until the end of your next turn.
Does this prevent the character from moving, using their bonus action, using a reaction, or using their action on the following turn? I would think not.
>>
>>48936096
The biggest difference in Dark Sun is how the classes work, not the monster manual. There's not a whole lot of shit you'll see in DS that isn't in other settings; rather, creatures that are generally rare in stuff like FR are much more ubiquitous in DS (like slaad).
>>
>>48936187
>Does this prevent the character from moving, using their bonus action, using a reaction, or using their action on the following turn? I would think not.
It uses one action, and doesn't say any of that, so no.
>>
>>48936187
It's easier to understand if you compare it to something likeep the attack action.
The one specific difference you've mentioned, no it wouldn't eat your next turn'so action.
>>
>>48936209
>>48936096
Well, I suppose I should add that as far as the MM goes nearly everything in Dark Sun has some kind of psionic ability, so absent a psionic power listing for 5E you're kind of left to grope in the darkness.
>>
>>48936104
I increased the spell costs for the higher end stuff in my picture here: >>48935988 but ran into the issue of balancing the costs so that they could still cast ~75-80% of their spells if they had just used the spell slot system. Too many points per higher level spell, and you solve the nova issue but make it almost impossible to let them cast more than 1-2 5th+ level spells before being tapped for the day. Too few, and then you get the current issue of them being able to nova AND provide utility at the higher levels.
>>
Doing some maths.

As a very rough guess, what is the average AC of the monsters for an encounter for level 12 players?

I know it's incredibly dependent on a number of things, so it's hard to make an objective measure.
>>
>>48936210
>>48936237
Thanks anons, just wanted to confirm. I believe that when I first read it a long time ago I misunderstood it as taking up your turn like a full round action sort of thing, and haven't had a reason to read it thoroughly since.
>>
>>48936183
I mean, it's obviously an issue with the class itself, but this is a problem that's existed for a while, basically since 3.5 when they used a points system for the Psionic classes' abilities back then.

I'm sure that there's an eventual cost to max pool balance out there, but it'd probably require a higher level of understanding math than I have.
>>
>>48936337
According to the DMG, a CR 12 monster has 17 AC on average.
>>
>>48936372
That might be so, but my point is that if mystics are OP because of this, there are other ways to balance them.
>>
>>48936393
Alright. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>48936404
Mystics are busted because some of the stuff they get is insane. As an example, a party with an Immortal Mystic 9 (Order of the Immortal) attuned/focused on the Celerity discipline gets ambushed by an Adult Blue Dragon, so the dragon would get a surprise round, right?

Yeah, no. The Mystic spends 1 psi point and is no longer surprised. No loss of move, bonus action, Action, or reaction. They get that for free. So he now enters initiative with the dragon on the surprise round. And he gets advantage on all initiative checks because he's on Celerity. So they roll, and if he isn't sure he's going to win, he can spend up to 5 psi points as a reaction and get up to a +10 on his roll. So now the Mystic is basically guaranteed to go first. You smack the dragon for a bit of damage, then use your bonus action to use Surge of Speed for 2 points and move 30 feet and don't provoke an AoO. And then you can move another 35 feet (you get an extra 5 ft. for being attuned to Celerity) for your movement.

THEN the dragon can go.

This is at level 9. Design a character that can do all that by that level.

And did I mention that this is only one of 10 Disciplines that a Mystic can learn (they know 6 at 9th level). AND they can change/attune to a different one as a bonus action? There's so much versatility in this class as-is it's dumb.
>>
>>48936574
Aside from adaptability they also have the highest damage possible without actual cheese (Simulacrum army) I think? Saw that somewhere. Definitely seems like we're on a familiar path and it's not a good one.
>>
>>48936574
You left out the part where the dragon shrugs off what the mystic did and breathes lightning on him and chuckles to itself about all that wasted motion.
>>
About to hit level 7 on my arcane trickster,
what level 2 spells should i learn?
For reference, he's a forest gnome with 16 INT and 18 DEX with a rapier and a short bow and he currently knows Minor Illusion, Mage Hand, Friends, Green Flame Blade, Speak with Small Animals, Color Spray, Disguise Self, Find Familiar, and Charm Person
>>
Other than light MAD is there anything getting in the way of playing a strength ranger? Talking 14 dex, medium armor, crank your strength?

I realize it's probably going to automatically fall behind the regular old dex ranger but I'm curious if there's anything you can do with it.
>>
What is a good Class to pair with Sorcerer, Cleric and Fighter?
>>
>>48936648
Maybe me using an Adult Blue Dragon as an example was the wrong one, because unless a DM was going for a TPK then I don't think he'd use one. I keep forgetting that it goes Wyrmling > Young > Adult > Ancient in 5e, compared to 3.5 when an Adult Blue Dragon is a difficult yet winnable encounter for a well-optimized 9th level party.
>>
>>48936648
Mystic can use Adaptive Body to become immune to lightning damage.
>>
>>48930599
I know this doesn't answer your question, but you should use a bow. That's what I did and it worked out awesome. You can always have a rapier on backup.
>>
>>48936770
The benefits of using strength over dex are the great weapon feat, the polearm feat, stuff that requires athetics checks, like grappling and shield bashing, and just using weapons with better damage dice.
>>
>>48936820
If it were me, Rogue, Ranger, Bard, Wizard, probably in that order.

But honestly that's a decent party makeup; Sorcerer might have to pull a bit more weight than normal due to being the only arcane person there, but he can still grab a couple blaster spells and then pick out a few choice utility spells. Ranger and Rogue both fill the role of physical DPR, Bard provides utility and skill monkey stuff the party might lack, and Wizard can provide more utility if the Sorcerer just wants to go full-on blaster mage.
>>
>>48936820
A Rogue or a Bard, as you don't seem to particularly have someone who'd excel at using their skillset for bypassing obstacles or social interaction.
>>
>>48936820
Rogue, shadow monk, or ranger.
>>
>>48936859
In the example given as-is he can't. However, instead of running the Mystic could stand his ground, use his reaction to beat the dragon's initiative in the surprise round with Celerity, bonus action shift focus to Adaptive Body, then Action become immune to lightning damage, and just taunt the dragon to breathe all over him, moving around to aim the breath attack away from the rest of the party while still being next to the dragon.
>>
>>48936859
It's still a dragon. What's the 9th level mystic going to do an intelligently played CR 16 dragon? Dragons are the definition of "better than you" with their greed and arrogance setting them up for losses more than any physical deficiencies.
>>
>>48936770
Polearm mastery and halberds makes strength anything builds tolerable so long as you get a non DEX dependent soure of armor.
>>
>>48930502
>bashing spell sniper

Someone's clearly never played a 1200-range eldritch blasting sorlock.
>>
>Folk Hero Champion Fighter Sky Dragonborn (think Flammie from Secret of Mana, with the Gust cantrip replacing breath weapon)
>Charlatan Wild Sorcerer Kitsune (DM's Guild homebrew)
>Criminal Mastermind Rogue Changeling (Eberron UA, but given +2 in Cha instead of +1)
On a scale of benign to terminal, how cancerous is our party?
>>
>>48929990
Cantrip brewing time! I cast fist edition (all the following spells are on every list except bard and warlock)

Blazing strike: Evocation cantrip, S, action, touch, instantaneous

As part of the action to cast this spell you execute 1 unarmed strike that deals unarmed damage and in addition the target takes 1d8 fire damage on hit.
The fire damage raises with your character level to 2d8 at lvl 5, 3d8 at lvl 10, 4d8 at lvl 15 and 5d8 at lvl 20.

Frost wolf's bite : Evocation cantrip, S, action, 5 ft, instantaneous

As part of casting this spell you execute an attack with either natural weapons or an unarmed strike.

Target takes unarmed/natural weapon damage and an additional 1d6 piercing damage on hit.
At lvl 5 this spell also deals an additional 1d6 frost damage in a 5 ft radius of the caster regardless of hit or miss.
The frost damage die raises with your character level to 2d6 at lvl 10, 3d6 at lvl 15 and 4d6 at lvl 20.

Thundering step: evocation cantrip, S, bonus action, self/5ft, instantaneous

You instantly moove 10 additional feet for this turn. Targets within 5ft range of the points you mover to and from while casting this spell take 1d6 thundering damage.
As you level up the additional movement distance increases to 15 ft at lvl 5, 20 ft at lvl 10, 25 ft at lvl 15 and 30 ft at lvl 20.

R8 H8 M8

Also open for suggestions for more punchy cantrips.
>>
Okay, I need some opinions here. I'm currently level 7 and about to level to 8. I built a GWF Bladelock and I'm currently Fighter 1, Warlock 6, so I just got Counterspell. Now I want to put my levels into Fighter so I can get both Action Surge and Battlemaster abilities so I can trip motherfuckers and hit them with advantage.

Am I missing out on anything major by putting my levels into Fighter instead of Warlock?

(For the record, we as a party were all going to cheese Darkness, but the party composition ended up changing drastically so my spellslots are essentially just Counterspell and "Damn it, I've done literally nothing this entire combat due to Save or Sucks, so fuck you, Hellish Rebuke")
>>
>>48937017
It's fucked.
Burn it with fire or even better try to ruin everyone's fetish.
>>
>>48936942
You don't have to be focused on a discipline to use it, that just provides Mystical Recovery bonuses.
>>
>>48937062
List your spells and invocations.

Hope you picked more utility stuff like eldritch sight etc.
>>
>>48936950
I mean, if some DM is throwing a CR 16 dragon at the party, one of three things is meant to happen:

1. TPK because DM's bored. Bad way to end a game, bad DM.

2. Story encounter, maybe the DM wants to use the dragon as a vehicle to move the story forward?

3. This is an encounter that the DM is trying to say, "hey, dumbasses, you're supposed to run now!" Whether it's due to an event going on in the story (maybe the dragon is attacking a desert town/caravan and the party needs to save whomever they can before it wrecks shit up) or being a bad DM and putting up a visual sign post of, "you are too low level for this area, turn around before you die."
>>
It'd be well within character for a Black Dragon to just tank attacks so he can single out and torture a party member that slighted him, yeah?

And what would I want to suggest as RPing for the PC in question, after the fact? Both our cleric and paladin have Spare the Dying. Not that the dragon would let him drift into death so easily.
>>
>>48930315
>Initiate fight your party couldn't handle
>Everyone but you gets wrecked
>"God my team sucks even though I knew I was starting a fight we couldn't win!"

Sounds like you need to work on YOUR tactics, pham.
>>
>>48937098
Agonizing Blast
Eldritch Sight
Thirsting Blade

Eldritch Blast, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand

Hex, Shatter, Hellish Rebuke
Darkness, Misty Step, Crown of Madness
Counterspell
>>
>>48937017
party rating time?
>Ex-Soldier Human Fighter, Sword and Board Shieldmaster
>Entertainer Dwarven Fighter, Hammer and Whatever Luchador Grappler
>
>Dick-Ass Charlatan Human Sorcerer, Blue Draconic
>Folk Hero Halfling Ranger, Archer Sharpshooter
>Outlander Human Barbarian, Glaive Polearm Master
>>
>>48937140

Nearly the entire party is good aligned. Are we supposed to just ignore the obvious witch that dragged a sack with a wriggling toddler into a windmill so she could make more baby meat pies? Ignoring a child abduction would be a neutral act at best. Not only that but the entire first floor was strewn with the bones of children. That typically calls for something more than a chiding lecture and a promise to stop making kids into magical drugged pastries.
>>
>>48937147
>>48937147
typed Edlritch Sight, meant Devil's Sight
>>
>>48937147
>>48937147
Anon your spell list sucks.

You should have better cantrips for starters.
Mage hand and minor illusion are fine and EB is a must.
Pick up either BB or GFB from scag to replace minor illusion or mage hand.

Thirsting blade becomes reddundant with 5 fighter levels (if you intend to go that far) or a melee cantrip like booming blade.
>>
>>48937101
My point is I don't think anything the Mystic does is so overpowered that a DM would lose control of the game or that anyone better than a Beast Master would feel overshadowed.
>>
>>48937213
That doesn't mean you just start a fight that the party a) clearly wasn't able to handle, and b) wasn't prepared for. You should've backed off and come up with a plan.

Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valour.
>>
>>48937185
7/10 serviceable but could use some more snowflake specialty

Here's mine

>Farmer (Born-Again After Religious Experience) Drow Cleric of Kethonia, Nature Domain
>Ex-Gladiator Slave Android (homebrew race) Wizard, Conjurer
>Rebel On The Run Folk Hero Android Magical Heir (homebrew class, think He-Man), Maul Wielder
>(joining next session) Bard Reskinned As A Jedi Knight Kind Of Guy, Race And Details To Be Decided
>>
>>48937255
Stop using acronyms. If I knew every acronym I wouldn't be here asking for opinions. Although my gut says that I don't have access to "scag" due to Adventure's League rules on splat books

Second, the farthest I was considering Fighter was 4 to get the ability score increase.

Also, at last level I did the 1 spell swap and turned CoM into Fireball, because I can.
>>
>>48937213
A pragmatic, well planned approach that the party is ready for and onboard with is much better than charging in headlong. Don't be obtuse.

If you default to flagrantly casting and flailing then maybe Skyrim is more your speed. Plus then you're not ruining everyone else's night.
>>
>>48937355
SCAG is Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, an official splat allowed in AL AFAIK.
BB and GFB are the cantrips from that book, green-flame blade and booming blade.
EB is eldritch blast.
>>
>>48937062
I played a very similar character, and that's when i took my second and third fighter levels, there was no issue on my end. Also you should definitely be taking armor of agathys and the archfiend patron.
>>
>>48937393
all official splat books are allowed, the thing is you can only choose one+core

Doesn't GFB take my bonus action? What does Booming Blade do?
>>
is there gonna be more crunch coming with DnD5e? Like a new book that adds crunch?
>>
>>48937404
Green Flame Blade and Booming Blade are actions, not bonus actions. They include a weapon attack as part of the casting.

Booming Blade deals thunder damage on top of the weapon damage, and if the creature willingly moves before your next turn, it takes more thunder damage.
>>
>>48937426
Volo's Guide to Monsters has new monsters and race options, comes in November.

There will be a "mechanical expansion" book sometime in the future, I'm betting the end of next year going by their current schedule, likely to contain the full mystic, a full ranger variant, and a variety of other subclasses and variant rules.
>>
>>48937430
I don't see how either of those are better than taking two attacks when I'm hitting for 2d6+6 or 2d6+16
>>
>>48937185
Party rating time.

>Neutral Good Dragonborn Thief who occasionaly makes some poor stealing choices
>Socially inept Gnome Druid of the Moon who communicates with gestures and grunts but otherwise carries the group in battle
>Ye stereotypical soldier Human Battle Master who's average at both combat and social interaction
>Hardass crusader Human Vengeance Paladin who tends to be the beacon of common sense
>Dragonborn Hunter with not a lot of character development yet
>Nomadic Human Death Cleric who acts like a native american sage
>Elf Bard with her mind on the money first and foremost

We used to have an Elf Wizard (now the Human Death Cleric) who was the sleaziest, pompous douchebag you can imagine, but he was fried by a Bronze Dragon Wyrmling's breath attack.
>>
>>48935830
You can't do 3 disintegrates using the Spell Point system, unless you do it at a higher level. The points limit level 6+ spells to once per day per level.
>>
>>48937483
How do you even play with so many people in your party?
>>
>>48937507
Usually someone sits out every week, so we play with a maximum of 6, and a minimum of 5. I tune my campaigns for 5-6 players so it's alright (even if I still think 5 is the sweet spot).
>>
>>48937453

any sources on that? sorry if im being a dick
>>
So, I kind of want to play the new faithful wizard they released in the last unearthed arcana

But is it as broken as I think it is?
>>
>>48937454
They aren't until they scale up again at level 11. GWM is usable with the cantrips if you're using a heavy weapon.

I'm not the same anon who recommended them.
>>
So, trying to make Two-Weapon Fighting more viable so that players in my group will have a reason to pick it and not shy away from certain character concepts because of lack of damage.

Thoughts on these fixes?

A) Two-Weapon Fighting
> When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can make an additional attack with a different light melee weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative. If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it.

The key part being it doesn't take the bonus action.

B) Two Weapon Fighting
When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, if the attack hits, you can roll an additional damage die equal to the damage die of the weapon in your other hand, as long as it is also a light weapon. This damage is not doubled on a critical hit.

Basically, it automatically "adds" the damage in with a hit. Only problem I can see with this, is the most enticing option becomes dual wielding rapiers.

Basically, the goal is to make sure, throughout the levels, Two Weapon Fighting is just as viable as GWM/GWF in terms of damage (or at least behind just a little bit, instead of the huge gap).
>>
>>48937544
So, even if I take three levels in Fighter right now, the 11th level would still be Warlock and therefore I don't currently care.
>>
>>48937546
TWF is fine for Rogues.
For Fighters, wouldn't it be a matter of picking up the Dual Wielder feat to be able to wield Longswords or similar weaponry? Surely that would help with the gap?
>>
>>48937532
It's honestly mostly fine. The only really broken thing is the potential to get Cure Wounds or Healing Word at-will at 18th level.
>>
>>48937564
You now understand why those cantrips are over-hyped. Your character level controls cantrip scaling, not class level, so it doesn't matter what class combination you're taking. Warlock doesn't learn a 4th cantrip until level 10 though.

Eventually it's nice to have one or both but you're not gimped for skipping them.
>>
>>48937635
Neither of those ends up as powerful as at-will Shield anyway. Shields prevents more damage than those spells would heal.
>>
>>48937654
Well, the Sorc-Pally in the party is currently burning Barovia to the ground with quickened, smited GreenFlame Blades to turn off fast healing on most of what we fight.

So they certainly have their uses.

But I'm definitely not feeling bad about getting Action Surge next level.
>>
>>48937694
That's a function of the power of quicken spell and divine smite though. Green Flame Blade alone isn't really more powerful than Extra Attack until level 11.
>>
>>48937374

The irony is that we had voted on a plan beforehand and the plan which won was "kick in the door and kill it". It was also not the plan I had voted for. It seemed far more prudent to dogpile a lone enemy rather than letting her stall for time, which if we had, probably would have ended with a party wipe rather than a stale mate with no deaths on our side. I was being as pragmatic as the situation allowed for. And Skyrim is utter shit.
>>
How would one make a good crossbow build?

Hoping to make a sort of Diablo 3 Demon Hunter'esque build, if that makes sense. Someone with a lot of focus on his crossbow and a backup sword, essentially.
>>
>>48935815

I'd have to check the exact wording in the SCaG, but that could potentially be abused by a bladesinger gish to become even more invincible AC wise but that wouldn't be too hard to fix/homerule. Other than that though I cant' think of many other ways to abuse it.
>>
>>48937911

unfortunately you cant
>>
>>48937911
Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter make a solid base for anything that attacks a lot. You'd want to hold a hand crossbow and only draw the sword as necessary.
>>
Let's say you're running an adventure with 3 characters, all of which have to be the same class. Which class would you go with?

There are a wide variety of difficulties / encounters, including encounters with multiple small enemies, some encounters with 1~2 large / high CR creatures, some immunities to magic, some immunities to physical....the whole gamut.
>>
So, I've been doing some calculations on what were to happen if a Half-Orc Barbarian5/Rogue7 and a Half-Orc Barbarian12 were up against a
Both bear barbarians. Pure barbarian is a great weapon fighter with the feat and bonus actions if they have to, the rogue barbarian is just using rapierand board.

I did this because I'm still pretty sure the barbarian's mid-level features are absolute shite.

http://pastebin.com/iQyPji64
Probably not a pleasant read, but that's the proof.

I've run through the probability of each thing happening (such as crit->miss->normal hit for GWF) and then multiplied that by the damage the attack would deal.

Either I've made a miscalculation or misconsideration, or the great-weapon-fighter barbarian is getting beaten by the barbarian who's fighting with a rapier and shield. I'm personally not surprised, but I expect others might be.

I ended up with:
>Barbarian 12 deals 36.9 damage a round, average
>Barb5/Rogue7 deals 37.3 damage a round, average

The biggest two biggest things I can think of is that the GWF might do more damage average if they didn't use their +10 on every attack, and that magical weapons (+1, +2, +3) would help the GWF more.
>>
>>48937911
If you're gonna use a two handed crossbow then a backup spear (or three) will be better. That way if you're still holding it you can throw it and get your dex bonus to hit before drawing your crossbow again.
>>
This is probably easy to find in the DMG but if I want to have my level 9 pc's have a bunch of one on one with the main villain's top four boys, that I'd ideally like to stat up like actual characters, what level should I make these bad boys?
>>
>>48938216
Valor bards.
>>
>>48938006
You're a retard.
>>
>>48938256
It really depends on what CR you want them to be. The DMG has calculations for that on p. 274 and instructions on giving monsters classes on p. 283.
>>
>>48938238
>less than 1 damage per round more
W O W
O
W
IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
Occasionally, multiclassing will give small advantages.
Otherwise it wouldn't exist.
Please stop wasting your time.
>>
>>48938267
I was thinking maybe 1 or 2 valor bards, with the other being lore.

Or wizards because they're wizards, and you can have one go Bladesinger.
>>
File: 1387056904836.gif (1MB, 180x172px) Image search: [Google]
1387056904836.gif
1MB, 180x172px
>>48938435
So you admit it's okay for a guy with a tank build and better utility skills to do more damage than a guy who's not as tanky but focused on doing damage?

Alright, then. Good on you, anon!
>>
Anyone want to r8 my Sorlock build? I want to know if I've got a good enough mix of combat and utility mostly.

Sorcerer (Green Draconic) 10
>Metamagic
Twinned, Subtle, Extended
>0
Fire bolt, Poison Spray, Mending, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Acid Splash
>1
Shield
>2
Alter Self, Blur
>3
Fireball, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Counterspell
>4
Polymorph, Greater Invisibility
>5
Cloudkill, Snake Swarm (it's from Primieval Thule)

Warlock (GOO Tome) 5
>Invocations
Agonizing Blast, Book of Ancient Secrets, Devil's Sight
>0
Eldritch Blast, Green-flame Blade, Booming Blade (Shillelagh, Shocking Grasp, Druidcraft)
>1
Hex, Protection From Evil/Good (Find Familiar, Identify)
>2
Misty Step, Detect Thoughts, Darkness
>3
Fly
>>
>>48938570
>metamagic
>not quickened spell

What the fuck are you doing anon.

You've obtained the best cantrip in the game, which works perfectly with sorcerer's quickened spell, and you've done.. What?

And, no, you cannot used twinned spell with eldritch blast after you reach level 5 total as from then on the eldritch blast is a multi-target spell.

Mirror Image is a good spell.
You might as well have gotten guidance or something better than some of those other tome cantrips, though.

I forgot quickened spell was 2 sorcerery points on ANY spell though, I thought it was 1 sorcerery point on a cantrip.

Also
>devil's sight
>yet no darkness spell

The thing is, multi-classing like this is generally better at lower levels. At level 15, you're two levels away from getting spells like foresight and wish... If you were a full caster.

Of course, I'm mostly talking about min-maxing a bit here, but I think warlock2/sorcerer13 would work out better. You still get access to level 9 spells later on, and you still have agonizing blast and hex.

In terms of viabilty, I'd give it a 4/10. Utility is pretty nice, you might roleplay them well, it's not all about having the best build after all...
>green
>green draconic
Okay, wait, let me stop you right there.
Poison is absolute shite.
>>
File: giphy.gif (997KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
997KB, 300x169px
>>48933501
Fuck the subhuman editions.
>>
So for a player who was raised on fifth edition, I wish to consult the elders on the Lady of Pain. The DMG gives little info about her, which I guess is the point. They don't even describe what she looks like. But from other editions where she may have been given more of a story, what do they tell about her?

In the campaign I am running, she is described as a 30 foot tall woman chained to a marble throne, with a mask over her face, that swirls with black and white colors. She seems to have power beyond what is measurable and even though she is chained tight by the Lords of the Outer Planes, her power can still be felt by whomever she wishes.

That pretty much hit the nail on the head?
>>
>>48938040
That was the plan. Hoping for a mobile kind of character who runs around a lot, or at least will at some point later on in the game.

So should I go Ranger or Fighter? Fighter looks pretty damned good, but Ranger seems to be a bit too focused on the whole shooting thing... And the pet would be kind of awkward.
>>
>>48938754
I do have Darkness, it's in the Warlock list. I haven't actually taken the third metamagic yet. I guess I thought Quickened was a little redundant with Twinned, I knew about the EB interaction, but I do see your point. Quickened it is then.

Is Mirror Image considered better than Blur? I have 18 con due to good rolls, and with the proficiency I don't think I'll be dropping concentration often. Maybe I could use both?

The 5 warlock levels are so I can pick up 3rd level rituals with Tome, since we don't have a wizard, as well as the 3rd invocation and slot upgrade.

I know poison's shit, but it's the whole basis for the character, and the DM's throwing me a bone in allowing me to use Elemental Adept to cancel poison resistance.
>>
How do I go about picking my first character?

I'm thinking either Warlock or some sort of Cleric but I've never played and don't want to end up not enjoying my character and being stuck with them.
>>
>>48938880
Fighter is superior. All ranger really has going for it is Hunter's Mark.
>>
>>48939000
Cleric is easy because they're good almost no matter what you do with them. Warlock is easy because it's simple, but can be both weak and boring if you make a couple wrong choices. Look up a guide on clerics, realize it's probably right about stuff like trickery being bad, but the base class is still so solid you'd have a hard time fucking up.
>>
>>48939000
Warlocks are easier to play for players who are very new or not paying much attention, since most of their combat rounds consist of spamming magical laser beams. Clerics have more moving parts, so to speak, so it might be less likely that you'll get bored of one once you get the hang of the game. Just don't play a cleric in D&D the same way you play a healer in an MMO. In-combat healing in D&D is best reserved for emergency resuscitation of players who have hit 0 HP. The rest can wait until out of combat.
>>
>>48939000
cleric is better for new players because, as a divine caster, they rarely have to make any lasting decisions. if you pick a bunch of shit spells, you can just change them the next day, no harm done. aside from your subclass choice it's a hard class to screw up. also you're more durable than the average caster which is good for new players too.
>>
>>48938978
Oh, right, sorry, you do have darkness. It's just the formatting confused me a few times.

Blur is probably not a bad choice for a sorcerer as you'll have better con saves, but...
Still.
Blur is concentration, mirror image is not.
Mirror image lasts longer.

If you get attacked repeatedly, mirror image will slowly lose effect.

So I guess it comes down to:
Blur is better if - If you have good con saves, good AC and don't want to use concentration on something else (you probably do, though)
Mirror Image is better if - If you have crappy AC, good dexterity, you want to use concentration on other things, you expect the fight to take longer than a minute without you taking a lot of hits or if you expect to get into another fight within the next 10 minutes. Also good if you have other ways to give enemies disadvantage.

Generally mirror image would be considered better, but blur can be useful.

You could use both blur and mirror image at the same time if you really needed to.

Still, you can't concentration on multiple things at once except through twinned spell.

If you don't have a wizard and want tome's utilities, go wizard. Wizard can do most of those rituals without having to search far and wide for them and without multiclassing. Of course, you might dislike wizard or something for the character.

I assume you mean elemental adept cancels poison immunity, which would actually make it viable, so you can go ahead and do that.
>>
>>48929990
My favourite ever DnD character was a 3.5th edition Orc (Full) Barbarian I had called Korr The Bald. Of course, a more suitable title would have been the Invincible, because he always managed to survive everything when party members were being massacred.
>>
>>48939000
If you want something easy, go for a non-caster. Fighter, especially champion fighter is the easiest of all things.
If you want something intermediate, go for a half-caster or third-caster (Arcane trickster, eldritch knight, ranger, paladin).
If you want something trickier, go for a full caster. Warlock is probably the easiest full caster.
>>
>>48939055
>>48939092
>>48939192
>>48939250
Thanks guys. I definitely don't want something simple so I'll probably avoid warlock.
>>
>>48937532
Basically. There's absolutely no reason to play cleric if your dm allows it
>>
With the elemental player options book and anything else out there I'm unaware of are there enough elemental spells to make any non-red/gold/brass dragon sorcerers more viable?
>>
>>48937532
All the "broken" stuff occurs at levels most of /tg/ doesn't play. The one game-changing archetype feature it gets is Channel Arcana.
>>
Does Polearm master allow me to make multiple opportunity attacks like combat reflexes used to? Say if on the enemy's turn three goblins close in on me, do I get to hit each one that comes into range?

I thought they would cap it to only one OA a round but it doesn't seem to have a cap as it's written.
>>
>>48939556
There's a cap on how many reactions you have: 1.
>>
>>48939414
>There's absolutely no reason to play cleric if your dm allows it

Wanting to play a cleric is a completely viable reason for playing a cleric.
>>
new thread plzzz
>>
>>48938758
Dude, 5e is still new, don't bully it.
>>
>>48939783

There you go
>>48939965
>>
>>48939432
Sort of? Ice can generally be handled fine, especially if the DM is okay with changing a few damage types around. Lightning is hard, but you could probably do well with changing Booming Blade to lightning and maybe some others without wrecking much for balance. Poison is awful. Acid is hard to work with, but so few things resist it that it could be powerful to re-damage.
>>
>>48937017
Benign most likely

Here's mine

>Battlemaster minotaur with two shields and uses his horns
>sage fire genasi wizard who only casts quirky utitlity like leomans tiny hut
>Not!Kor from zendikar psionic immortal mystic
>human bard who speaks in a godawful irish/scottish accent bastardization
>>
>>48933678
Yeah, and you add your Dexterity with Unarmored Defense, as well.
>>
How viable is an Armor Wizard? Like Fighter 1/Wizard X. I want to make one for roleplay reasons (because it's awesome).
>>
File: 1471582112594.jpg (249KB, 538x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471582112594.jpg
249KB, 538x800px
>>48940946

You'll be just one level behind in terms of obtaining higher level spell slots ( Getting level 2 slots at level four, level 3 slots at level six ).

On the plus side, you get to wear heavy armor and have proficiency in Constitution / Concentration saving throws.
And a wizard in full plate is rad.
>>
>>48940946
If you only want heavy armor, I'd recommend considering Cleric 1 with one of the domains that include heavy armor proficiency. Adds some versatility over straight wizard without eating into your slot allotment like Fighter would. You would still learn new spells at same rate as a Fighter 1 / Wizard X would, however.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.