[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 36

File: antikythera replica.jpg (59KB, 499x640px) Image search: [Google]
antikythera replica.jpg
59KB, 499x640px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Azlant edition. Have you ever played in or ran an Azlant-themed campaign? If yes, what interesting artifacts from the ancient civilisation did appear in your game? What do you think would fit well in such a campaign?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread: >>48923038
>>
How do we rework Vital Strike to actually be good?

How do we give archers a viable option besides full-attack volleys?
>>
>>48929852
I should add! A lot of stuff's been left half-done, there's tons left in mind, and I've made the races in mind with high power and greater impact on a players mechanical options.

So yeah, if it's obviously still shitty, know that it's probably gonna get worked on. That's to say nothing of the setting.
>>
>>48929938
Make Mythic Vital Strike the norm.
Solves both.
>>
>>48929947
Won't people bitch that martials are killing an enemy per turn, then?
>>
>>48929970
Meanwhile casters are solving an encounter per turn.
>>
Reminder that MoMS dip was nerfed and is bad
Reminder that flurry Warpriest was nerfed and is bad
Reminder that MoMS dip Warpriest is garbage

>>48929938

Give Vital Strike for free, allow feats like Cleave or Spring Attack or class features like Unstoppable Strike to work with Vital Strike
>>
Anybody have a Gonzo 2 PDF? I didn't see it in the trove anywhere.
>>
>>48930027
It's there. Little Red Goblin.
>>
Evening, /pfg/, I brought up poison use and drugs in a previous thread. Specifically for rendering a target helpless or unconscious, rather than dead. The answers were what I expected: poisons and drugs are generally too expensive per dose for the things they do and the DCs to resist them, with perhaps only a couple of exceptions.

I'd like to reopen the discussion in case anyone has points to the contrary, or suggestions for particularly useful substances. Additonally, thinking of shurikens or darts as a "delivery system", are there any other interesting uses for them? Thanks!
>>
>>48930063
Really? I may just be fucking blind but I don't see it anywhere. The trove in the Pastebin is the right one correct?
>>
>>48930158

Drugs are cheap actually, and pretty overpowered. Also Alchemist is a great poisoner

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/sticky-poison
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/concentrate-poison
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/malignant-poison
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/poison-conversion

You get the idea
>>
>>48930189
ofc right after I post this I find it.
>>
>>48930158
The only time poison is cost-effective with a worthwhile DC at a point in the game where everything isn't universally immune to it is Rusty Dagger Shanktown. Drow poison applied twice in a row (to increase its DC by 2) at 2nd or 3rd level against CR 2-4 monsters will usually work, and when it does, you get a minute or more of unconsciousness.

After that extremely niche situation, it is absolute trash.

Poison, like Disease and Grappling, are best suited for use by monsters who have the Poison ability and no cost for using it. Relatedly, Diseases are useless except to monsters (and even then, Filth Fever is rarely useful for the monster giving it in the encounter, it's just there to make you waste money on Remove Disease...), and only monsters have easy access to absurd Strength scores, BAB equal to racial HD that exceed your class level (often by 1.25 to 1.5 times), and Huge+ size for Size modifiers, on top of free racial feats pertaining to it, and the Grab ability allowing it to make numerous Grapple attempts along with a full attack, all of which combine to make that giant tentacle abomination better at Grappling than you are.

Monsters can afford to be one-trick ponies. They don't go out and look for a variety of enemies with varying abilities to fight. They stay in their territory and just fight off whoever shows up.
>>
>>48930210
None of those bypass poison immunity, which is hilariously common, nor do they scale in a way that is efficient.

You can make it serviceable if you burn feats for extra discoveries, but when your build requires 10th level to work properly, it's pretty bad.
>>
>>48929987
I was aware of the MoMs nerf but what was the warpriest nerf to flurry?
>>
>>48930289

Unchained Monk Full Attack:

+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+15/+15/+15/+10/+5

20/15/10/5 from BAB
20/20 from flurry of blows
20/20 from medusa's wrath
20 from haste
20 from ki
15/15 from elbow smash

Chained Monk Full Attack:

+18/+18/+18/+18/+18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3

18/13/8/3 from Virtual BAB
18/13/8 from flurry of blows
18/18 from medusa's wrath
18 from haste
18 from ki

Sacred Fist Full Attack (after errata):

+13/+13/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3/+3/-2

13/8/3/-2 from virtual BAB
13/8/3 from flurry of blows
13 from haste
13 from ki
>>
>>48930301
did they remove the sacred fists level instead of bab on a flurry? If so that's ass.
>>
>>48930345

>This ability works like the monk ability of the same name, except the sacred fist's attack bonus from warpriest levels does not count as his warpriest level.
>>
>>48930289
Sacred Weapon and its replacements no longer grant you full BAB for attacks made with your sacred weapon. You're stuck at 3/4 BAB with slow Cleric casting.

There's absolutely no reason to play a Warpriest anymore; Cleric does everything it does, but better, because none of the Blessings are worth taking over good Domains. The fast-casting gimmick is awful when you consider how small the pool of spells you get per day and the pool of uses of that ability are.
>>
>>48930360
>>48930362
What if we reversed the nerf on Sacred Fist, MoMS, gave warpriests the inquisitor list, or better yet magus and made blessings good?
>>
>>48930362

Warpriest's not bad. Saying it's not as good as a T1 class isn't saying much.

>Sacred Weapon and its replacements no longer grant you full BAB for attacks made with your sacred weapon

Wut. When did Sacred Weapon ever do that?
>>
>>48930398

What if we homebrewed everything?
>>
>>48930420
then we'd have a game as dank as your meme-numbers
>>
>>48930403
That used to be the entire point of Sacred Weapon. That, and allowing you to deal pretty respectable damage with lamer weapons like daggers.

Also, Sacred Fist wasn't originally really necessary. Deities granting the unarmed strike as a favored weapon granted IUS, and Sacred Weapon's base damage scaling applied to it just fine. You just couldn't flurry.

Paizo is retarded and listened to their equally retarded PFS crowd, though, and now it's a shitheap.

>>48930398
At that point just play an Inquisitor or Magus, they have much better class features.

The Warpriest was never necessary anyway. It doesn't cast better than a Cleric or fight better than a Fighter. Like, by a long shot.

Seriously, you can duplicate Fervor with a couple of Metamagic Rods. Not even the Greater ones, regular ones are fine - Warpriests never got beyond 6th level spells anyway.
>>
>>48930403
First draft of the playtest. Then they decided warpriest was destroying encounters too quickly and nerfed sacred weapon down to its current form.
>>
>>48930210
I'm thinking I may want to look into hiring an Alchemist. We're only level 2, but we already have a sizeable enough base that staff can soon be hired. Any particular drugs stand out to you? I was looking at shiver.

>>48930267
>>48930284
Something to bear in mind, as mentioned above, is we're only level 2 at the moment, so we're still facing plenty of humanoid enemies. And tranquilizers would be reserved for use against them. So, by no means is this a path I would devote myself to, other than a little gold investment.
>>
>>48930403
>>48930469

>Sacred Weapon (Su): At 4th level, the warpriest gains the ability to imbue his focus weapon with divine power.
As a swift action, the warpriest can enhance a weapon of the same type as the weapon selected for the focus weapon class feature. This power grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every four levels beyond 4th, this bonus increases by +1 to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

????
>>
>>48930508
Honestly, Drow Poison is 75gp. 25gp if somebody in the party crafts it. DC 13, or 15 if you double-dose (easy with shuriken). Strong enough for 2nd level, good enough to reliably knock out somebody with a low Fort save, like an enemy casting humanoid. Chuck 'em at the local Big Bad Necromanguy and his necrocultist dorks, and chuck clubs at his skellingtons to knock them down like bowling pins.

>>48930469
Yeah, compared to the other hybrid classes maybe, and they definitely didn't test it rigorously because the Warpriest still fell behind when he ran out of Fervor.

Fate's Favored is a helpful boost early on, but it's... Still better for Clerics.
>>
How accurate is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5yFS6jH08w
>>
>Instantaneous spells are unchanged
>Spells that last 1 round are unchanged
>Spells that last rounds/level now last 1 full encounter or 5 minutes, whichever ends first
>Spells that last minutes/level now last 1 full encounter or 5 minutes, whichever ends first
>Spells that last 10 minutes/level now last until you rest
>Spells that last 1 hour/level now last until you rest
>>
>>48930852
why tho
>>
>>48930852
I'm not a fan of spells with fuzzy, undefined durations. It totally undermines the whole "magic as a science" theme wizards have and raises questions about durations in non-standard situations (what if I just don't rest?).
>>
>>48930886

When combat ends you stop to catch your breath, you ease your mind up, and your concentration on intense spells slips, can't stay tense all the time Tbh
>>
>>48930852

>Instantaneous spells are unchanged
>Spells that last 1 round are unchanged
>Spells that last rounds/level now last 1 full encounter
>Spells that last minutes/level now last half a day
>Spells that last 10 minutes/level now last all day
>Spells that last 1 hour/level now last all week
>Spells recovered weekly
>>
File: xN8N9Du.jpg (927KB, 3130x2086px) Image search: [Google]
xN8N9Du.jpg
927KB, 3130x2086px
hey /pfg/ how is magus at early levels? like 1-5
Specifically interested in hexcrafter, but the entire class is interesting, really.

It looks like my group won't have any real frontliners the cleric doesn't even wear armor for some reason, IIIRC
So what are some good options there, as well?
Not asking for spoonfeeding a good class, I just want to have a direction to look at.
I'm rather unexperienced with PF, played 3.5 like 8 or so years ago..
>>
>>48930947
Oh, I'm dumb, forgot to mention:
First party stuff only for this game, unfortunately
>>
>>48930947

Magus is ok at level 1
Like a much better TWFer at level 2
Never stops being great from level 3 forward
>>
>>48930975
Can you elaborate on the TFWer bit?
I was under the impression that A. Two weapon fighting was not great (lots of feats and such required so less individuality) and that B. Magus were more like single sword in one hand, slinging spells with the other.
It's been like a month since I read about them, though.
>>
>>48931008

The big difference between TWFer and non TWFer at low levels is TWFer needs to full attack
>>
>>48930975
Not him, but a magus is a TWFer done right; you don't even need the feat chain, but carefully read up on how spell combat and spellstrike work.
>>
>>48931008
>As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty).
This is spell combat.

>At 2nd level, whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the magus spell list, he can deliver the spell through any weapon he is wielding as part of a melee attack. Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell.
This spellstrike.

These are the magus' specialty, you essentially cast spells and channel them into your main weapon, expending them on that turn.

Spells can also crit with spellstrike
>If the magus makes this attack in concert with spell combat, this melee attack takes all the penalties accrued by spell combat melee attacks. This attack uses the weapon's critical range (20, 19–20, or 18–20 and modified by the keen weapon property or similar effects), but the spell effect only deals ×2 damage on a successful critical hit, while the weapon damage uses its own critical modifier.

This is why the shocking grasp scimitar wielding magus is so devastating.
>>
I'd like some help, /PFG/, I cannot martial. I haven't martial'd in a long time. But while I'm informed martials are seemingly suboptimal, I'd like to build a flavor character. Basically a valkyrie, spear, maybe a shield with it, possibly going sword and board instead. I also definitely need some kind of fly speed not limited to x/day. My first thoughts on this was aasimar, with the angelic feats to eventually get flight, probably some archetype of fighter, or ranger. Possibly the new Vigilante, but I don't know enough about how to make a flying martial work out well.

Right now, we're paizo-only but psionics unleashed is pending review by our GM for a new game, can't imagine it getting turned down.
>>
So me and my buddies all are playing pathfinder for the first time.

I'm dming it (also first time) and its actually going fairly well, with several understandable mistakes along the way for all of us.

One of my players is a lawful evil cleric of asmodeus, and while he is evil, the party seems to completely trust him, because of his sense of justice.

He actually has converted a few local npcs I've created on the fly to his diety as well using some very lucky rolls.

What's an acceptable way from a DM to reward a cleric for his service and zeal? Is that something DMs ever do typically? Do diety's ever directly contact mortals, or send others to speak to them? Should I just write it off as good roleplaying?
>>
>>48931377

The game world typically makes Z E R O sense if you just hand out gold and magic items like candy from foes and such

I'd give your boy some magic weapons from his deity
>>
Are great shields as awful as they seem to be?

Even light shields look shit compared to the versatility of bucklers.
>>
>>48930582
Drow Poison seems to be the most straightforward substance for the effect I want, and it isn't expensive if someone in the party is crafting it. Unless there's something better, that'll be my tranquilizer of choice. Slap that on some shurikens and call it a day, I suppose.
>>
Which Arcane school is the best for Arcane Trickster?

Should I choose Divination for Forewarned? Maybe Evocation and Necromancy as opposing school?
>>
File: 1470380423104.jpg (156KB, 1277x956px) Image search: [Google]
1470380423104.jpg
156KB, 1277x956px
>>48931296
Interesting, thanks.
>The whole bit with spellstrike/spell combat concert
how would one use spellstrike /without/ using spell combat and getting penalties?
It seems like spellstike is just an expanded version, just allowing you to use spell combat while gaining the benefits.
Is it just worded weirdly?
>>48931065
So, while a non TWF just gets to hit with their good primary weapon when they can't full attack, the TWFer needs to full attack to decent damage, is that it?
>>
>>48931238
Oh, you quoted the wrong dude., but I'm kinda doing that now.
The more I read up on the class, the more I want to play one, it sounds like everything I've wanted to play.
>can just give themselves a +1 weapon and cast a spell and hit people at the same time straight up from level 1
how delicious.
while on the topic of feats, good ones for magus, if they don't need TWF stuff?
>>
>>48931673

The #1 feat for Magus is Intensify Spell
The #1 trait for Magus is Magical Lineage
>>
>>48931673
> how would one use spellstrike /without/ using spell combat and getting penalties?

Multiple charge spell like Frostbite.
>>
>>48931720
Depend on your build. Popular feat is Weapon Finesse and Dervish dance.

But a whip build with Frostbite+Rimespell+Enforcer+Cruel Weapon is good too.
>>
Spellstrike doesn't require Spell Combat
Spell Combat doesn't require Spellstrike

Cast Shocking Grasp as a standard action, and with Spell Strike, you may make an attack with your scimitar and deal 5d6 (or whatever your level is) electric damage

As a full round action, you can instead cast True Strike, and then make a melee attack with your scimitar (at a +20 bonus) with Spell Combat

Or you can combine the two. As a full round action, you can cast Shocking Grasp, make an attack with your scimitar, deal 5d6 damage with your Shocking Grasp, and then make another attack with your scimitar - All at this at level 2 (except your shocking grasp is doing 2d6 probably not 5d6)
>>
File: 1371146386832.gif (192KB, 1036x654px) Image search: [Google]
1371146386832.gif
192KB, 1036x654px
>>48931856
>>48931296
>Shocking grasp
>Intensify Spell
>Magical Lineage
so, going by both of you, a devastating thing for a magus to do is at 10th level get a +2 Keen Cutlass/Scimitar and fuck people up with a 16-20 Crit range 10d6 shocking grasp alongside a +7/+2 full attack?
(with literally no other bonuses besides what I listed, at that?)
that's... Damn.
>>48931940
I'm not quite sure I understand, sorry.
>>48931969
Wait, so If I'm reading this right, you do nonlethal cold damage, with frostbite, cold triggers them to be entangled, nonlethal gives you a free intimidate to demorilize=Shaken and maybe frightened, and then BOTH of those can enable cruel on additional hits to cause them to be sickened and give you free temp hit points?

What the fuck, that's just bullshit wonderful

>>48932003
Oh, so combining spell combat+spell strike is what nets you extra attacks, not just spellstrike alone. gotcha. Super helpful dude, thanks
technichally, Spell Combat True Strike is a +18 bonus :^)
>>
>>48932102
You can do multiple attack with one cast of frostbite, up to 20 attacks.

So you cast spell combat in the first round, then you can use Spellstrike to deliver the rest of frostbite with your attack on the following round, without having to use spell combat to cast it again.
>>
Hear my story of how I became a salt elemental, /pfg/.
>recruitment for a campaign on roll20
>35PB, gestalt, max hp at every level
>no magic gear, ABP+2 instead
>the description says they need a frontliner and spellcasters aren't welcome
>the description also says backstories are important and that the selection process will be slow and lasting weeks since the DM wants to sift through until he finds the best
>I build a rock solid frontliner
>write up an amazing backstory tailor-made for the campaign, probably the best one I ever made in a campaign application
>declined on basis of "your character just attacks and rolls damage, that's not the kind of character I want to see"
>by the end of the day, the roll20 listing is disappeared, lasting for less than 24h total
Did I just get rused into a backstory farm of the kind /pfg/ option mentions where the DM is basically fishing for backstories and rejecting everyone?
>>
>>48932003
>>48932102
Some low level cheese.
1) Get Arcane Mark cantrip.
2) Use spell combat and spellstrike!
3) ???
4) TWF without spending resource or feat
>>
>>48932102
Yeah. It doesn't have the nova/burst damage potential of Shocking Grasp, but you can CC and Debuff every enemies around you, especially with Whip's 15 feet reach.
>>
File: zorro.jpg (51KB, 967x1161px) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
51KB, 967x1161px
>>48932160
>>
>>48932102
Welcome to the fold, magus brother.

Magical Lineage is to ensure shocking grasp stays a lower level spell even with Intesified Spell, ie it remains a 1st magus spell.

I prefer a Strength build tbqh, it's more of a worthwhile investment down the line.

Even if your hit misses you still retain the spell and can expend it on your next turn.
>>
>>48932146
>/pfg/ often mentions
>listing disappeared
Why am I so illiterate?
>>
>>48932102
Become a hexcrafter magus, get accursed strike to freely fuck shit up as well as with infinite hexes.
>>
>>48932102
That combo will give your enemy:

Fatigue (from frostbite)
Entangle (from rime spell)
Shaken (from Enforcer)
Sicken (from Cruel)

That's...
-6 attack rolls
-2 Weapon damage rolls
-4 Saving throws
-4 Skill checks
-4 Ability check
-2 STR
-6 DEX
Cannot run or charge
Move at Half Speed
DC 15+spell level to cast spell
>>
>>48932146
If it plagues you so much, try and contact the GM and politely with the minimum passive aggressiveness possible ask what sort of thinks they wanted to see in a good martial, with examples, and maybe if you're not bitter enough about the whole thing whether you can work on your mechanical build to make it more suitable.

I'm also curious about what more they could have wanted.
>>
>>48931673
Yeah, you don't necessarily need spellstrike with spell combat but they're meant to work in tandem.

See >>48932003.

The only thing holding the magus back is its 3/4 BAB, see if you can get Martial Training.
>>
>>48932244
>laughingundead.jpg
>>
>>48932248
>If it plagues you so much, try and contact the GM and politely with the minimum passive aggressiveness possible ask what sort of thinks they wanted to see in a good martial, with examples
I did. He refused to provide examples and only gave vague replies along the lines of "well do something besides just attacking". Also, according to him, one of the players was a Swashbuckler//Something (not sure), while the character I applied with was a Ravenlord//Living Legend with all the complex interactions between two narratives and the raven that stem from it.
>>
File: [heavy breathing].jpg (12KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
[heavy breathing].jpg
12KB, 239x211px
>>48932137
Simply awesome.
>>48932160
>>48932174
wasn't there some other cantrip that I could do that? Brand, or something?
I remember some threads back someone mentioned how slightly cheesy it was to use a non-damaging spell to do it.
plus brand would let me cover the person in "LOSER" or such, right?
already sounds cool to just cover something in my own symbol, though.

>>48932170
>15ft reach
holy damn, I thought it was 10. That's fantastic.
>>48932179
yeah, I just forgot to mention the whole "stays a first level"
I'll probably ask the group for advice, but STR sounds alright. other type of build is dex/finesse, yeah?
>>48932212
Yeah, I heard hexcrafter magus was fun like that.
>>48932244
What the fuck.
Just... Goddamn.
>>48932254
>The only thing holding the magus back is its 3/4 BAB, see if you can get Martial Training.
I'm pretty sure Path of war stuff isn't allowed, IDK. That's what the point of martial training is for, yeah?
I must admit I know 0% about either PoW or normal combat manuvers in general (like trip) just yet, though. Sorry if that's not what you mean.
>>
Anyone have the information on the new Pact Wizard from Haunted Player Companion?

I want to see what they trade out for those witch spells (and whether they can cast Cure spell and Raise spell)
>>
any links for pirated Strange Aeons yet?
>>
>Take a look at monk guides
>They highly recommed the perception as class skill trait
>Monk already has perception
wut?
>>
I'm entering my 4th week of waiting for an order from Paizo. I'm across the border in Canada... is this delay normal from Paizo or is my package just stuck at customs or some other bullshit?
>>
How the fuck does one find a gestalt game?
>>
>>48932266
Yeah, sounds like you got screwed over.

If you had enough fucks to give you could keep pressing them on the issue, but honestly at that point it's better to save those fucks for something else.
>>
>>48932564
wat?
>>
>>48932684
They color coded blue (bestest) the Trait that gives you Perception as class skill (Seeker), when monk already has Perception as class skill, it's an useless trait for monks. That would be like picking proficiency on longswords as a fighter.
>>
>>48932778

Gives a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, so it's not useless. Completely and utterly unexciting sure, but not useless.
>>
>>48932827
My fault, having something non-class as class is so good I always forget the part in where you get a +1. Still, for a simple +1 on a skill that trait shouldn't even be red yet in already 3 guides it's color coded as the best of the best
>>
>>48932917
Perception is the most roll skill in the game. It's better than something like +3 Sleigh of Hand.
>>
>>48932917

At level 1 its "you have a 5% greater chance of not getting 1HKOed" sometimes

Hell, even at higher levels
>>
File: Screenshot_20160822-082420.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160822-082420.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Is Damnation worth taking as a pally spell?
>>
Why the fuck is the magus such a well designed class?
>>
>>48933427
It's good depending on the type of game you're in. The downside is it's that extra bit of work for the GM that the GM will hate you for.
>>
>>48933498
I just read that it affects each creature. That includes allies who are within 30 feet, correct?
>>
>>48933427
Ehhhh, effects with the [evil] descriptor even aren't all that common at all to begin with. At most you'll get a 4d8 from someone having Greater Infernal Healing or Create Undead in a few scenarios, and very fucking occasionally a bit more damage. Still not worth it.
>>
You know the Skate psionic power?
I want to use that power and then go really fucking fast.
How do I do so?
Potion glutton and a bunch of Cheetah's Sprint potions would let me move at roughly 50 miles per hour. Maybe I can get some kind of automatic potion injector installed in my stomach?
Can I go faster somehow?
What class should I use?

Yes I'm trying to become a car
DEJA VU
>>
>>48933808
Just go Aegis, put all resources into maxing your customization points, and then put all your points into flight speed, which has no listed cap.

As a bonus, you can trivially edit your build after a night's rest into something else useful if you ever get bored of being sonic.
>>
>>48933846
>flight speed
Ew, gross.
>>
>>48933846
In order to go anywhere near as fast as Skate + Cheetah's Sprint I'd need to be something like level 15.
>>
Just fluff your flying as needing you to act out a running motion and move along half an inch above the ground.
>>
spoiler question re golarion/numeria ap:
what's the name of the spaceship AI from the silver mount?
>>
>>48934208
IIRC it's Unity
>>
>>48932322
>other type of dex/finesse build, yea?

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA no. You only have Dervish Dancing if you want dex-to-damage. Slashing Grace and Fencing Grace both stop working the second you do anything with your offhand (like cast a spell) by RAW, so unless your GM houserules or allows 3pp, you're stuck with a scimitar, bitchboy.

which fucking sucks, because it ruined all my fun builds for Kensai.
>>
how do i play a construct
i want to play a construct
>>
>>48934633
Android, or if your GM is really adventurous, Wyrwood. If the latter, ask about refluffing.
>>
File: 9c99106085a343adf2aefdf0967edef8.jpg (487KB, 1000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
9c99106085a343adf2aefdf0967edef8.jpg
487KB, 1000x1436px
>>48934633

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/wyrwood-20-rp

Bear in mind that this is one of Paizo's most powerful races, bar none. Construct immunities are incredibly useful for any character, and the lack of a Constitution score is offset by the 10 bonus hit points.

A wyrwood with a Wand of Infernal Healing and either Infernal Healing on their spell list or Pragmatic Activator can provide noncombat healing for themselves. In a game that allows Dreamscarred Press material, Silver Crane can heal a wyrwood at-will as well.
>>
>>48934650
>>48934661
android is lame as hell
wyrwood is pretty good thematically but it'll need to get nerfed significantly before my GM will allow it
maybe i'll be a special snowflake and use the build-a-race to make my own construct and pitch that
>>
How do you make tower shields not garbage?
I really like the idea of being a medieval version of a tank with 40 AC, wading slowly through the battlefield, slamming my giant fucking shield down onto the floor to cover my comrades from a fireball's blast... But tower shields and heavy armor seem like absolute trash.

Any 3pp. Just give it to me. I'll pitch it to my GM. He's pretty lenient.

And don't just say "Iron Tortoise." C'mon, anon.
>>
>>48934762
Sounds like you want the Mobile Bulwark Style from the Armor Master Handbook.
It does the "slamming my giant fucking shield down onto the floor to cover my comrades from a fireball's blast" pretty well.
>>
>>48933427
It's a blast that allows a save for half and will deal 9d8 damage in the BEST case, and only if the target almost certainly has enough HP to not give a shit about that. AND it allows spell resistance. It might be OK in a specific situation, but as a Paladin your save DCs are bad and your caster level is low for your level so anything that has spell resistance is going to ignore your blasting spells most of the time.
>>
>>48934208
Unity is the name of the AI, Casandalee is the name of the enemy AI.
>>
>>48934762
If you just want great AC, go for Meditant Psychic Warrior. Pick Inertial Armor, Force Screen and Defensive Precognition among your powers known. You can get your AC to ridiculously high at later levels.
>>
I have been tasked by my bastard GM to make a character based on the Judas Priest song "Hard as Iron".
I basically need to make a badass, baller sumbitch that at least believes they are the hottest shit going. This is the third time he's had me do something like this, and I didn't like it the first time.
>>
>>48934762
Stupendous Strength from DSP savage races lets you use a two-handed weapon with a tower shield at the same time and allows shield bashing with the tower shield.
>>
>>48935044
>>48934944
>>48934789
Wait, wait, wait.
Guys.
If I wield a Large tower shield, does that mean I can provide cover on TWO spaces?
>>
>>48934977
Tell him to fuck off?
What are you, his slave?
If you don't want to do something, don't.
>>
>>48934977
>I basically need to make a badass, baller sumbitch that at least believes they are the hottest shit going.

Is third party allowed?
>>
Am I going to suffer and being overshadow by every party member if I play Steel Blood Bloodrager?
>>
>>48935227

Depends on what the other party members are, but I doubt you will suffer.
>>
>>48935254
Magus ;_;
Dragon Disciple
Channel Bot Cleric / Envoy of Balance
>>
My players very rarely have the opportunity to visit a settlement, much less a large one where they'd be able to buy more powerful magic equipment.

I'm thinking of giving them a custom magic item called a Mercane's Bell. It'd be a small, golden handbell which, when rung, causes a Mercane to appear 1d10 minutes later to do business with the party. Each bell is associated with a particular Mercane, so it would always be the same one summoned. He has many magic items to sell and can attempt to procure items he doesn't have at the summoner's request (with a time delay dependent on GM discretion), but has no interest in dealing in nonmagical items no matter how valuable they are.

Anyway, is giving this to my players a terrible idea?
>>
>>48935305
Isn't there a magical coin that teleport players to a magic item bazaar in fey wild?
>>
>>48935327
I've not seen it, so I wouldn't know. I think I'd rather not do something like that though, because I wouldn't want the PCs to be able to exploit it to teleport out of trouble. I could work around that by adding restrictions on its use, but it seems simpler to just go with the bell idea.

I do admit though, I've always loved the idea of exotic bazaars that deal in magic and mystery.
>>
>>48935268
>Dragon Disciple

Since you're a bloodrager I assume this is Sorcerer entry?
>>
>>48934762
This post made me think.

>A righteous knight wearing full plate and using a tower shield will have 23 AC but has so much fucking armor check penalty that he can't make any checks at all (including shit like climbing up a waist-high ledge) (like seriously this guy can't function in most places adventurers go to with his armor on)
>Gets absolutely fucking destroyed by any sort of magic (there are tons of spells specifically to fucking wreck people like him)
>Good flat-foot AC is worthless because touch AC is 10
>Can provide cover to only himself with tower shield by not attacking every turn (does absolutely jack shit against magic)

>Some fucking gay thief that's probably an elf will have 20 AC for almost the same price (he pays less) but can bounce around like a fucking gremlin all he wants and succeed at crazy shit like jumping 10 feet straight into the air by taking 10
>He also does way more damage and literally doesn't give a shit about most battle magics since he has a huge reflex save and ultra-evasion
>Touch AC is through the roof and this fucker is immune to being flat-footed unless he gets feinted (and he won't get feinted)
>Can just fuck off out of sight and make a stealth check to effectively become invisible if he rolled well

This is allowed fucking WHY?

Is there 3pp that fixes this shit?
>>
>>48935380
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Witchmarket%20Coin

The portal appear at a random time in the next 24 hour, aka "up to GM whim".
>>
>>48935305
Well, that solves the problem but if you just leave it at that, it seems a bit boring. Maybe make it a some sort of ritual instead - the PCs have to, say, share a meal with the mercane: a cup of tea with biscuits enjoyed outdoors will summon one, but he probably won't any particularly rare or powerful items with him. A three course meal enjoyed in a tent will get better items and he might even be willing to bargain about some of them. A seven course banquet prepared by a master chef, enjoyed in a proper venue(like a pavilion) with dancing girls and other entertainment will get him to bring just about anything short of an artifact the PCs can dream of and quite a few things they didn't even know could be created, and potentially discounts as well.
>>
>>48935421
Bard entry....
>>
>>48935478
That's...Why?
>>
>>48935305
Make sure the merchant is a huge, unhaggle-able jew and you're set. It's a great idea, really.
The PCs should have access to shops quite frequently. A lot of shitcan GMs won't agree with me here, but being able to get exactly the magic items you want to have is as much your right as deciding which feats to pick. Sure, you shouldn't get them for free etc. etc. but being unable to get them ever is not alright. Shops let you get the stuff you want for your build without having to constantly find JUST the item you wanted in treasure chests.

You may want to spice it up, though. Having it like that just makes it this automatic thing the players don't care about. Basically, tie it in to the RP. I won't throw ideas at you since I don't know how your game works, but think on it, yeah? At the very, very least make the NPC memorable somehow.
>>
>>48935305
What if your players summon him, kill him and take all the magical items he has for sale?
>>
>>48935439
You'd need like 30 dex to have AC equal to full plate, so it's a much heavier investiture.

This does not, of course, change the fact that tower shields suck cock.
>>
File: 1364833020495.jpg (45KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
1364833020495.jpg
45KB, 300x321px
>>48935517
>Attack the magical interdimensional shopkeeper
>TPK round 1
>>
>>48935495
Don't ask me... he was gonna go eldritch scion magus entry at first. But since the other guy already call a dip in magus, he went bard..
>>
>>48935544
That is so laughably bad. You'll be fine. Just remember that Enlarge Person is your friend
>>
>>48935537
Our hypothetical gay retard elf can eventually purchase/find/loot a wide selection of mithral armor, allowing his AC to improve not only with DEX stacking but with actual armor. And it's pretty cheap or even free, compared to getting your armor enchanted.
Meanwhile, tin-can-man is stuck to putting expensive enchantments on his metal coffin if he wants to improve his AC. That, or buying magic items, which are also expensive as hell.
>>
>>48935460
The "works only once for any given person" bit seems like it'd be a problem, but I could just ignore that line so it's still worth considering.

>>48935473
>>48935497
Yeah, it's my intention to make the Mercane more than just a faceless merchant. Since it's the same guy every time, they can interact meaningfully with him. Pissing him off would have repercussions, doing favors for him could get you a better deal, and every once in a while the PCs might learn some more personal stuff about him. Maybe he's got a secret demiplane shop that he takes the PCs to after he's been doing business with them long enough to trust them.

>>48935517
The party is leaning good so I find that unlikely to happen in the first place, but if they were going to do it... Well, the Mercane would probably have body guards and it doesn't have all his magical wares on his person when the PCs call him so murdering him would get them whatever stuff he has and then lock them out of being able to access a magical shop whenever, wherever they want. Not to mention, the Mercane probably had some connections with some sort of extraplanar merchant's league, so the PCs would be dealing with payback when the league start putting hits out of them.
>>
>Prerequisites: <skill> 6 ranks
W H Y
You can't get the feat until level 7 why must you fucking taunt me so
>>
File: 1377546797342.jpg (12KB, 251x206px) Image search: [Google]
1377546797342.jpg
12KB, 251x206px
>tfw my ZweiSent/Slayer gestalt from last night is getting a Bard/Oracle (Life) cohort because the DM loved the concept so much

Jesus Christ this character is just going to be vicious, isn't he.
>>
>>48935736
>GM refuses to let anyone take Squire/Leadership and all friendly NPCs are trash in combat or don't want to come with the party
i am legitimately so fucking jealous of you
>>
>>48934896
I haven't actually read it, can you brief me on the other? Real rudimentary grasp of the former, haven't heard of the latter.
>>
Putting together a Lizardfolk gestalt Unchained Barb//Hunter (feral) for upcoming homebrew campaign.

How do I make him a whirlwind of natural attacks?
>>
>>48935460
Not that anon, but I was reading up on the Witchmarket, and this stuck out for me.

>Their prices are equally strange—a year of life, a kiss, childhood memories—and at first the buyer may feel he has got quite a bargain.

What are some other interesting things that the merchants could "charge" them?
>>
What are some of your favorite things to do with illusions? Got any signature techniques? Care to share stories?
>>
>>48935882
Stole the following from here: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ocv3?First-World-Witchmarket

- A moonlit night (which turns out to be really inconvenient to the buyer.)
- Your shoelaces (which could mean all the shoe laces you will ever attempt to use.)
- Future services (Careful promising to quest for fey.)
- They get to name your next child (You will have one, and the name will be silly and powerful.)
- The rage of a man who has lost everything.
- All of your full moons (Guess what? You have lycanthropy. Roll random animal and hope it isn't sloth.)
- The dawn of your next birthday (surprise, you're a vampire!)
- Hope (permanently under the effect of crushing despair)
- 48 breaths (8 rounds of holding your breath, collected the next time you're in danger underwater)
- Your old age (you perish immediately on reaching "old" category)
- Your birth (your parents, relatives, and friends immediately lose all memory of you)
- Your music (character can never use perform skill; receives no benefit from musical bardic performances, though dance would still work)
- The love of children (character will be automatically feared and hated by every immature creature he or she ever encounters, including his or her own offspring)
- 2 minutes of soft breeze (environment around character becomes airless at inconvenient time)
- That which lies over the horizon (character is permanently under the effects of Dimensional Anchor; on death, he or she becomes a ghost; if the ghost is destroyed, character's soul is irrevocably lost, and never comes to Pharasma's Boneyard for judgement).
- Thrice the value of your true love's sighs (the next three people the character comes to love will die.)
- Seven misty mornings (the next seven mornings that have mist, the character remains asleep until the mist dissipates, and cannot be woken)
>>
>>48935067
The GM is a good guy, and it's not like he uses it to try and screw me over.
We just start butting heads over vision.
>>48935069
Yes and no. So I'm making plans for both, I think, but my 3.pf experience is... limited? I play a lot of games, but this isn't one I've done a lot.
>>
File: wew.png (1MB, 1192x531px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
1MB, 1192x531px
Speaking of Tower Shields...
Is there any way to do pic related in PF?
PoW's Iron Tortoise kind of has this as it's capstone maneuver, but that's far too lategame for me.
I mean, you can just use a Tower Shield as it is, but... Well, it's shit. It's just shit.
I figured maybe the shield-based Soulknife would work, but it just gets a marginally better (although free) Tower Shield.
>>
>>48936199
There's an Akashic veil that lets you do exactly this.
Crusader's Shield, I think it was called.

Not exactly good, last I checked, but see how it works out for you.
>>
>>48936216
It's not great, but it'll do.
>>
File: crusader's shield.png (258KB, 333x450px) Image search: [Google]
crusader's shield.png
258KB, 333x450px
>>48936199
>>48936216
The Crusader's Shield in question.
>>
>>48930362
>Cleric does everything it does, but better,
I was unaware that clerics could cast spells on themselves as a swift action for free.
Or that they got a free swift action +1/2 level to damage from destruction blessing
Or that they got three fewer feats than a fucking fighter.
>>
>>48936285
God damn it, I made a custom magic item to emulate Reinhardt's shield and named it the exact same thing. Now it looks like I copied this.
>>
>>48936316
Post it, anon
>>
>>48930456
>Seriously, you can duplicate Fervor with a couple of Metamagic Rods. Not even the Greater ones, regular ones are fine - Warpriests never got beyond 6th level spells anyway.
>I can duplicate a class ability I get for free with a 35k magic item that takes up a hand slot.

wow?
>>
Is there a way to gain permanent fast healing? Even 1 is fine.
I know about boots of the earth, but I'm looking for literally permanent.
I guess you could cast Permanency on Infernal Healing?
>>
>>48936391

Elemental Flux Stance gives you permanent Fast Healing 1 with the Fire element, Silver Crane has a higher level stance that does the same thing for 2-3.
>>
>>48936424
>hey guys did you know about path of war?
>>
>>48936391
Paizo doesn't want you to have Fast Healing.

There is a "Overpowered Feat" guide that includes a feat to give you Fast Healing 1, I think. But Paizo's track record with judging "overpowered" is about as good as a two dollar prostitute.
>>
>>48936391
An Alchemist can gain permanent Fast Healing 5 as their Grand Discovery at level 20. That probably doesn't help you, though.

Incidentally, RAW you can't permanence Infernal Healing. Your DM might let you do it anyway though, I guess.
>>
>>48936391
You'd have to ask your DM about Infernal Healing since it isn't on the whitelist for Permanency.

>>48936462
That's also a third party feat so Paizo's track record on judging "overpowered" is irrelevant.
>>
>>48936391
>Permanency on Infernal Healing

If you can Permanency infernal healing, you should logically be able to do that to Celestial Healing
>>
>>48936510
Which leads to an interesting question, since infernal healing is an evil act and celestial healing a good act, does a permanent version constantly reset your alignment to good or evil?
>>
>>48936391
Bloodforge and Lords of the Wild? have always on fast healing 2 feats, even if meeting the prereqs costs you more useless feats. But third party.
>>
>>48936391
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-regeneration
>>
Which of these two options is better for a Warder, generally:

Immune to mind-affecting effects

or

Permanent enlarge person

It seems like PoW adds so many options to negate spells that the former isn't as extremely valuable as it would be for a normal character. Is it devalued enough for the latter to be a better choice, though? For Warder especially, being Large is a huge deal.
>>
>>48936540
>since infernal healing is an evil act and celestial healing a good act
Wrong. *Casting* them is, not being under their effects.

>does a permanent version constantly reset your alignment to good or evil
You'd just always ping as both good and evil.
>>
>>48936603
Permanent enlarge person. You don't gain much from Dex, and immunity from mind-affecting also blocks morale or other mind-affecting bonuses that you may gain.
>>
>>48936330
Alright, but I'm warning you, it's really bad. I made it on impulse in bed at 3 am.

>Crusader's Shield
>This +1 Heavy Adamantine Shield may be held aloft as a full round action by any creature proficient in its use to project a protective aura around the wielder capable of absorbing up to 200 points of hp damage per day from non-melee physical (B/P/S) or elemental (Fire/Electric/Acid/Cold/Sonic/Force) effects that would otherwise harm the wielder or any adjacent allies until the beginning of the wielder's next turn. The wielder may not take immediate actions while projecting the aura. This is a Force Effect.
>The wielder can continue to use full round actions on consecutive rounds to maintain the effect until the shield absorbs 200 points of damage, after which point the shield loses its ability to project its aura for the day.
>Emanations, Lines, Cones, and Bursts are stopped by the shield, failing to affect the wielder or creatures adjacent to him, and such areas of effect count toward the shield's damage absorption only once each, regardless of how many creatures the effect would otherwise damage.
>Effects that allow saves to negate or reduce damage use the wielder's saving throw to reduce damage taken by the shield. Effects such as Evasion, Improved Evasion, and Stalwart do not apply to the wielder's saving throws while projecting the aura.
>>
>>48936603
>For Warder especially, being Large is a huge deal.

For you.
>>
>>48936637
Forgot to include a clause
>Unabsorbed damage each day does not carry over between days.
Should go without saying, but it seems necessary to include it.
>>
>>48936634
>immunity from mind-affecting also blocks morale or other mind-affecting bonuses that you may gain.
Oh, fuck, I forgot it does that. Yeah, you're definitely right.

>>48936642
top fucking quality post
laughed like a madman
>>
>>48936637
Not bad.
How much does it cost?
>>
>>48936698
I was debating that in my head, since the guidelines for custom item prices are pretty broad. I can't find any similar effects to compare to. I was going to give it to one of my players as loot, and I know he wouldn't sell it, so it wasn't a huge priority for me
>>
>>48936726
Well, I wouldn't mind cleaning the text up and putting it on my next character, but I need to know the price to see if I can or not.
It would be easy to scale it down by simply reducing how much damage the shield can absorb every day, as well.
>>
>>48936596
Does a Ring of Regeneration let you regenerate a hand that was cut off if that hand was the one wearing the ring? If not, does the discarded hand begin to "regenerate" a new body?
>>
>>48936758
I'll try to get a rough estimate, but it also doesn't help that there isn't a listed price modifier for Adamantine shields to get a base price for the item.
>>
>>48936726
Whatever the shield costs, plus roughly whatever use-activated Protection from Arrows at CL 10 costs? Or something similar.
>>
>>48936760
I honestly dunno if there's been a ruling on this from paizo. But I don't care. I love multiplying my players' characters and creating a giant headache for everyone involved.
>>
>>48935623
Again, the way dex to ac works is that you'd need 30 dex to equal the benefits of full plate, assuming the tank can meet the minimum dex bonus. All the other types of armor have a combination of AC/max dex bonus that's below +10.

What's stopping tank mcsteelfist from finding mithral as well, for that matter?

>>48935997
I'd be a little concerned about half of those being very good in a story and very awful in a game, especially with how vaguely they're worded. Surprise you're a vampire, surprise you drown, and surprise three people you love die (which doesn't even make sense as the bargain's worded) in particular seem more like 'the gm is out to fuck you' than 'the fey see value in these things'.
>>
>>48929987
I actually used to play one of those that fused pummelling and dragon style.
Fully buffed with his own spells at level 20 a single critical hit punch from him would deal anywhere from 420 to 938 damage.
>>
>>48936819
I'd say a shield ought to be equivalent to light armor for cost purposes. So +4000gp.
Also, consider using Resist Energy as a base for calculations.
>>
>>48936862
>What's stopping tank mcsteelfist from finding mithral as well, for that matter?
The fact that high dex has a lot more uses, while not having nearly as many drawbacks and still having a similar price tag in the long haul?
>>
>>48936862
Mithral full plate: 10.5k gp, +12AC, ACP -3 , 16DEX needed.
Base touch AC 13. 20ft move speed.

With a dex score of 22 though, you can get Mithral Kikko armor, for 4,250gp, which gives +11AC, no ACP, base touch AC of 16, and 30ft move speed.

I think the better choice is clear.

And this isn't even getting into celestial armor
>>
>>48936862
>Again, the way dex to ac works is that you'd need 30 dex to equal the benefits of full plate, assuming the tank can meet the minimum dex bonus. All the other types of armor have a combination of AC/max dex bonus that's below +10.

Mithril shirt is +4/+6 and still cheaper than non-masterwork full plate.
>>
I got all the practical stuff, what are good fun items for a wiley old man shaman that acts a bit grandfatherly(Lev 12-13). I was thinking animated objects among other things.

Maybe a chair that follows him around. A gift from his son that he doesn't have the heart to get rid of. Any other ideas?
>>
>>48936944
I think we're arguing on two different things here.

What I'm saying is ONLY that dex-to-ac is overshadowed by a full plate wearer until the dex character reaches dex 30, which takes a great deal of investment. Dex itself is a stupid stat that has far too many uses, but in this specific case, it is still inferior to the plate option. That is literally the only thing I'm saying here (well, also that 'well the dex guy can just find mithral armor' is a silly argument because so can the tank guy).
>>
>>48936758
>>48936828
>>48936867
Alright, well I quickly ran some numbers for it. It turns out to be much more convenient to reduce the absorption to 120 damage, since that is a valid number for both Protection from Arrows and Protection from Energy.

+1 Heavy Shield: 1020g
Adamantine: ~4000g
Use Activated Communal Protection from Arrows (CL 12): 7200g
Use Activated Communal Protection from Energy (CL 10): 6000g
Multiple spell effects: 3000g (50% of lower spell effect value)

Total: 21,220gp

A lot more expensive than I would have hoped.
>>
>>48937023
You need a box full of different types of... "vision herbs."
That you... "activate" by... "igniting their magics" with your, er... "spirit pipe."
>>
>>48935869
minus the gestalt part, that is literally what one of my players is playing
>>
>>48937039
Seems... about right? Maybe knock the adamantine cost down to 2k?

Regardless, what do the calculations say the cost is if it's absorption is 60 or 40?
I'm trying to squeeze it into a budget of 10k, here.
>>
why is gorum CN?
war is evil so he should be CE
>>
>>48937106
Gorum doesn't care about war, he cares about fighting and winning. War is just a great venue for fighting and winning.
>>
>>48937106
>waitforit.png
>>
>>48937106
speaking of which why isn't iomedae CE
>>
>>48937137
because she cares
>>
>>48929923
Making an half orc bounty hunter that fights with a whip, focused on tripping. What are some good one handed weapons i can trip with ? I need something when i don't want to provoke AOOs with. Preferably martial.
>>
>>48937157
>One handed martial trip weapons
Your only options are Ankus or Flail
>>
>>48937157
You could also use a sickle though they're Light and Simple.
>>
>>48937106
War and violence are merely tools, and wars can be either justified or not. They are neutral. And gorum is also a god of bravery and tactics.
>>
>>48937039
I actually got the calculations very wrong the first time. The price for the spell effects at 120 should be 72000 and 60000, rather than 7200 and 3600, which means the multiple spell effects modifier should be 30000.

The total price, by Paizo's rules, would be 167,020gp. It is at this point that I am considering not even trying to follow those rules, because that item is not anywhere near good enough to warrant that price tag.

>>48937104
If the absorption is 60, cut both spell effect prices and the multiple spell effects price in half.

40 points is not a valid value, since it has to be a multiple of both 10 and 12 for both spell effects to have whole number caster levels. This means that 60 points is the lowest possible amount of protection you can get.
>>
>>48937137
That's a darn good question ano--TOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>>48937209
no thats the dwarf god
>>
Question: which save is more important - Fort or Ref?
>>
>>48937217
>167,020gp
What?
Er, how?
The price seemed fine the first time. Perhaps it should get bumped up to 25k, but it seemed okay.
>>
>>48937234
http://archivesofnethys.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Gorum
>Areas of Concern Battle, strength, weapons
>Domains Chaos, Destruction, Glory, Strength, War
>Subdomains Blood, Duels, Ferocity, Fist, Protean, Rage, Resolve, Tactics
Sure, it doesn't say Bravery directly, but Glory and Duels cover the thing pretty well.
>>
>>48930218
Funny enough, I can't find it either, for some reason.
>>
>>48937236
Fort will always be more important.
>>
>>48937250
The calculation for use activated spell effects is Caster Level x Spell Level x 2000.

Here are the calculations for 120 points

For Protection from Arrows it's 12 x 3 x 2000, which is 72000gp.
For Protection from Energy it's 10 x 3 x 2000, which is 60000gp.
The modifier for multiple effects is to multiply the cheaper effect by 1.5, adding another 30000gp.
>>
>>48937284
That's gross.
The item seemed alright at ~22k, especially with the clause that you can't use immediate actions while it's on, and doubly so when the "HP" got bumped down to 120. In any sort of real battle that isn't a small 2 on 2 brawl, that shield is going to burst in two rounds, if not one.
>>
>>48937236
generally Fort has worse consequences for failure, but Reflex is a lot more common.
>>
File: 1439264821742.jpg (2MB, 1222x1984px) Image search: [Google]
1439264821742.jpg
2MB, 1222x1984px
What's a good way for Dervish Defender Warder to gain access to Uncanny Dodge and/or Evasion?
>>
>>48937369
>What's a good way for Dervish Defender Warder to gain access to Uncanny Dodge and/or Evasion?

Gestalt with Slayer or Rogue.
>>
>>48937106
Gorum is a pretty dumb god, so it's probably because no thought was put into him. He's as bland of a god of battle as it gets.
>>
>>48937369
Defensive Strategist trait more or less gives you uncanny dodge, hope your GM isn't a stickler for fluff requirements.
As for evasion... you probably need the ring.
>>
>>48937396
Better than the majority of Pathfinder's gods. Concepts as deities are far better than SJW Lawful Good prostitute goddesses.
>>
>>48937396
well neutral gods are all meant to be simple
because neutral is simple
>>
What magic item can I purchase that would let my Large size character function normally in places where he wouldn't normally fit?
>>
File: 1376387025120.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376387025120.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>48937381
>Slayer
>Uncanny Dodge
>Evasion
>>
File: Honey I Shrunk the Furry.jpg (607KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Honey I Shrunk the Furry.jpg
607KB, 1275x1650px
Despite my better judgement, I decided to pick this up the other day to spice up my giant encounters.

It kind of pisses me off how good Augunas made it. The rules are simple, easy to use, and all around well made, but it also reeks of furshit.

Have any of you bought a supplement that was good and terrible at the same time?
>>
>>48935751
>>GM refuses to let anyone take Squire/Leadership and all friendly NPCs are trash in combat or don't want to come with the party
I'm in the same situation.
This is a good thing, in my opinion, though.
>>
>>48937423
I know you're just using "SJW Lawful Good prostitute goddesses" as a specific example to compare, but there aren't as many deities in that "neighborhood" as people seem to think sometimes... They just get brought up and referenced a lot in this general. Anyway, as far as gods of concepts go, most (all?) of the others are better than Gorum. Nethys, god of magic is more interesting. Pharasma, goddess of afterlife is more interesting (even if you dislike her policies). Abadar, god of civilization is more interesting.

Maybe my experience with Gorum was just soured by having a player run a very bland Gorumite PC, but even before that I never though Gorum stood out at all.

>>48937434
I disagree with both points you make. Neutrality isn't necessarily simple, not anymore so than Good or Chaos or Evil or Law. And certainly gods that are neutral in alignment shouldn't be expected to be simple just because of their alignment. Alignment's trash anyway when people try to use it like a box that limits what a character (or god, in this case) can be like or do.
>>
File: consider vivec.png (823KB, 639x577px) Image search: [Google]
consider vivec.png
823KB, 639x577px
>>48937487
>Have any of you bought a supplement that was good and terrible at the same time?
Well we're playing Pathfinder, so
>>
>>48937487
Well I'm sure you can get some anon to replace all furshit pictures with pictures of drows or something.
>>
>>48937536
When god is neutral, he has less agenda, but gain more followers due to it.
If you are Good and Lawful, you will have lot less followers if you were just Good or just Lawful
>>
Run, while you still can, to the Vigilantes of Horror Open Playtest for Purple Duck Games!

Now, the vigilante class can be applied to classic monsters hiding within civilized society. This pdf will allow players to get over their "monster envy" and become the mysterious beast that brings terror to the region. The horror vigilante is the perfect choice for evil campaigns or as an npc villain, with plenty of intrigue and horror talents to spare!

The playtest ends on 9/2/16. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1__fOOVxD4be0vd1A4Wluleex_f2Ot9m8n-SvISe0aEo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: duplicator.gif (22KB, 600x191px) Image search: [Google]
duplicator.gif
22KB, 600x191px
>Monday
>216 posts in the general
>nobody asking about weekend gaming progress

So, anons, how did your games go this weekend?
>>
>>48937698
If you're a dev it helps to fill in that 'name' field so folks know who you are and/or that you're official, my friend.
>>
>>48937772
Gareth explain to me right now why there isn't an archetype for Warder that makes tower shields not shit
You have 10 seconds you boozer
>>
File: 1430441008297.jpg (89KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
1430441008297.jpg
89KB, 640x462px
>>48937805
Because the effort it takes to save that travesty of rules-writing far eclipses anything we could possibly gain from it and would essentially end in the archetype rewriting the tower shield rules for itself.
>>
>>48937698
Wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>48937756
Tedious
People not paying attention and lost focus of the plot
>>
>>48937851
>the archetype rewriting the tower shield rules for itself
Do it.
>What?
Do it! I said DO IT!
YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS BEFORE THE KINDERGARTNERS START TAKING PERMANENT NAPS, BOOZER!

Do what he says, please! Just write the archetype!! Think of the children!!

SHUT IT, YOU!!
>>
>>48937963
what the fuck anon did someone let you out of your underage den
>>
>>48937963
>kindergarten kids take permanent naps
>that's clearly a toddler not even old enough to walk yet

Fuck're you on?
>>
>>48937963
It would be easier to burn down the daycare center. Then the terrorists have nowhere to strike.
>>
>>48937318
Yeah, I would strongly advocate for bringing the price down like that, since there is a clause in the rules about modifying prices yourself for balance.
>>
>>48937536

Gorum is a perfect example of how Paizo is shit at writing martials or martial-classes.
>>
>>48937474

Slayer can get Evasion as an Advanced Talent.
>>
>>48937990
>>48937963

Wait, Trudeau told me that if you kill the toddlers, they win.
>>
Tower Shields, huh.
What if you could prop it up as a Swift? Would that make it alright?

...what exactly is the problem with Tower Shields? I don't actually know. I've never used any sort of shield.
>>
>>48938099

+4 AC that lowers your attack bonus by -2?
>>
>>48937756
Well, we had some serious technical issues because we tried to Skype in one player who couldn't make it to our Meatspace game. We did it last week too, without having much trouble, but this time it took us about 2 hours to get things set up to an acceptable level. I don't really know why it was so much more difficult this time, but fortunately next week everyone should be present in physical form and we won't need to bother with Skype.

Anyway, the session itself was fun. The PCs continued their search for a trio of missing adventurers in the far north, and got into a combat with a group of moss trolls that enjoyed ambushing anything that tried to use the jury-rigged log bridge they made over a chasm. I had a frozen cave ready for them to navigate through if they fell from the bridge into the chasm, but that didn't happen.

Later on, the PCs found some dead animals in bear traps near a shack that had some simple beddings, food supplies, and pelts- no one was home though, so the PCs took what they could from the shack. There were two supernaturally fine wolverine pelts that the party really liked (a couple of PCs wearing them now) but what the party didn't figure out is that those two particular pelts belonged to some intelligent magical beasts. I'll find some way to bring that back up later.

They carried on further and eventually got harrassed by some greater witchcrows that tried to steal their magic items but died trying. Now some of the PCs want to take a detour to try and find the witchcrows' nest which they hope will contain some magic loot for them. It gives me a good idea of what to prep for next session.

Oh, and the party is being followed by a winter wolf, but they don't realize it yet.
>>
>>48937805
Because they wrote a feat for it.
>>
>>48938099
Max dex of +2, armor check penalty of -10 and it weights approximately as much as full plate. Oh, and an attack penalty of -2. AC simply isn't worth all that much, so even if you're out to squeeze every last AC bonus you can get, it's still not NEARLY worth a measly +2 over heavy shield. And the cover is just one cardinal direction, so even if it was a swift action, it would still be barely useful.
>>
Wait, armor check penalty doesn't apply to maneuvers, does it?
Surely it doesn't.
Cause if it did, the only maneuvers the fullplate/tower shield guy could use would be the attack-roll ones. Which is... phew. Well, he could do silly shit like Shattered Mirror and Mithral Current just fine for whatever reason, but still.
>>
>>48938220
All checks on appropriate skills. I'm pretty sure there isn't any wording to remove that from maneuvers that use skill checks.
>>
>>48938220
I suddenly understand why Iron Tortoise is all attack-roll counters.
>>
>>48938319
Which are, sadly, pretty awful.

Monster TAB scales faster than yours does.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation#TOC-Table-Monster-Statistics-by-CR

Skills don't scale faster than CMD does, either.

DSP isn't as knowledgeable as they might seem to be. A lot of maneuvers and other related abilities don't work properly.

The worst example of this is probably the Acrobatic gambit, which requires you to Acrobatics successfully through a threatened square. This is extremely hard to do, moreso the higher your level gets, because CMD is the fastest-scaling monster defense in the game. Even at 20th level, pulling it off is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>48938319
Isn't Iron Tortoise's skill Bluff, anyway? The only discipline I can think of hindered by this sort of thing would be Broken Blade. Everything else either is intended for dex builds (Thrashing Dragon), uses a mental skill (Scarlet Throne, Mithral Current), or has a means of mitigating ACP (Piercing Thunder's level 1 stance)
>>
>>48938367
Well, what the heck is our -16 ACP block of iron meant to do for counters, then? I mean, I figure the stereotypical Warder would have somewhere around 6 to 9 ACP, which is still trash.
He can't reliably use Iron Tortoise past level... 4? and the only other available options I can think of at the moment are "dodgy" (such as Perform (dance) or Craft:something) and so don't fit the character.
Is he meant to just lay down and take it, or what?
>>
>>48938396
Why do I see people regularly succeed on combat maneuvers against monsters at high levels (and successfully defend against combat maneuvers from monsters) if this is the case? I hear people make this complaint all the time but it never slowed down my party's combat maneuver-focused Monk (which is supposedly a shitty class in the first place...?).
>>
>>48938396
>Isn't Iron Tortoise's skill Bluff, anyway?
Can't think of a single thing that actually uses Bluff in IT.
>>
>>48937756
>>48938214

>GM introduced a faction of mutated enemies that give off radiation
>Radiation also interferes with magic and psionics, not cancelling them but making them unpredictable, and the best defense against it is wearing lead-lined heavy armor

>None of the party members wear any armor except the warder, who wears light armor
>What we ended up doing is buying a lead tower shield and giving it to the Astral Construct the magical girl mystic has, because she dipped into Ectoplasmic Artisan aegis
>The construct will die in one hit from anything, or might even just wink out of existence from radiation

This will be interesting.
>>
>>48938220
Assuming you had proficiency in your armor, how would ACP cause problems for maneuvers?
>>
>>48938489
Because lots of maneuvers use skill checks.
>>
>>48938459
Because combat maneuvers, especially the "evergreen" ones like Dirty Trick and Grapple, are extremely binary; either you'll never succeed on them and thus you don't invest anything into them, or you invest all you've got into them and you might as well not roll anymore because it's nigh-guaranteed that you'll succeed barring a hard-counter like a Freedom of Movement Ring.
>>
>>48938446
Don't use ACP skills while wearing heavy armor? Craft (something) doesn't have to be "dodgy" at all. Intimidate doesn't either. There's plenty of options, but if you're trying to shoehorn maneuvers from disciplines clearly not meant for use in fullplate into a class built around using fullplate, you shouldn't be upset when it doesn't work right.

ZweiSent isn't the answer to everything, goddamnit.
>>
>>48938505
The only ones I can think of that would be affected are Broken Blade, Thrashing Dragon, and Fool's Errand, which use Acrobatics, Acrobatics, and Climb as their main skills. Pretty much every other discipline either doesn't use their skills, or the skills that they do use are completely unhampered by ACP (your Spellcraft, Autohypnosis, Sense Motive, Survival, etc checks aren't going to get worse just because you're wearing armor).
>>
I need some advice.

I'm playing a curmudgeonly gnomish Wizard with the Instructor archetype. I have a high leadership score, so I never cared too much about the well-being of my apprentices. My character would tend to send them into places to scout ahead. I also had a walking stick (a rod of torture that dealt nonlethal damage) to hand out beatings to keep my apprentice in line.

My first apprentice died while scouting an Ogre cave. My second one died when I sent him to peek in on a place and it turned out there was a basilisk there. My third got killed by some kind of demon.

Anyway, my character's mage order told him they're tired of sending him apprentices, and that if I killed this last one I wouldn't be getting a new one. So I tried treating him well and didn't hit him with the stick more than three times a day.

Our group ran into the BBEG (he had a circle of teleportation and a projected image to talk with us). He promised us magical items if we agreed to work for him - he offered my character a fancy magical staff, but I told him to get fucked since I was just going to pry it from his cold dead hands anyway.

Then he looks at my apprentice and says, "Join me and I'll teach you better than your current master." And my apprentice is all, "That would be nice because he doesn't really teach me anything. He just hits me."

So my character starts hitting with the stick since I don't appreciate backtalk.

The BBEG says, "If you join me, I won't hit you with a stick."

"Not even once?" asks my apprentice.

"No, not even once. I will even give you this fancy magical staff."

So then my apprentice says, "Man, that sounds like a sweet deal," and he goes to join the BBEG.

Well fuck that, I disintegrated his ass (the BBEG called my character a vicious little beast, but whatever).

Anyway, here's the problem. My mage order doesn't want to give me a new apprentice. They won't buy my story that he turned on us and had to be put down like a mad dog.

What do I do?
>>
File: Dante.gif (986KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
Dante.gif
986KB, 500x253px
>>48937698
GDI.

Okay, this is a dev, they're a friend of mine, but I haven't really explained how things work around here. Let me help them get sorted and such.
>>
>>48938589
Holy shit, I would say 'ask your DM to stop denying you your class features' but that's overridden by an overwhelming 'don't play instructor wizard like a faggot'

Don't treat your spellcasting cohort as a scout familiar when you could be treating them like extra nukes.
>>
>>48938589
Found a new order.
>>
>>48938589
If your order isn't helping you out anymore, fuck 'em.

Start killing them off and taking THEIR apprentices.
>>
>>48938624
Lurk moar is entirely in order.
>>48938589
You are abusing rules in a shitlord fashion.
Your gm is running a setting, not a rulebook, and now your actions have consequences.
Bitch less.
>>
File: ornstein.png (341KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
ornstein.png
341KB, 800x900px
>>48938584
There's also Piercing Thunder, but like >>48938396
said, they planned for it by adding an ability to reduce ACP

>mfw dex based myrmidon fighter wearing full plate with 0 ACP and more max dex than i actually need, able to swoop around the battlefield like sanic as a swift action
>>
>>48938624
Try hitting him with a stick like >>48938589 does.

>>48938677
>>48938640
He knew this would happen and isn't bitching about it. He's asking what to do in-character, not what to say to the GM.

He doesn't even mention the GM. He just says his mage order won't send any more.

Honestly, the whole abusive wizard master over pitiful apprentice trope is a classic, and it's a fresh change of pace for it to be the PC that's the stick-wielder rather than one of the apprentices that survived.

Untwist your panties, they're valid targets for Animate Rope right now.
>>
>>48938719
>Untwist your panties, they're valid targets for Animate Rope right now.

I want to play an adventurer girl with animated panties now.
>>
File: 1437990841380.jpg (47KB, 414x318px) Image search: [Google]
1437990841380.jpg
47KB, 414x318px
>>48938719
>Untwist your panties, they're valid targets for Animate Rope right now.
holy shit
>>
>>48938716
I built a PsyWar/Fighter/Elocater before PoW was a thing to duplicate Ornstein.

It worked okay. It was easy to pull off Spring Attack with a 70+ movement speed that could seamlessly go up and down walls and shit.

I also got to throw Mythic onto him, so obviously I picked the Champion ability that let him run for a brief distance to jump literally miles at a time.

I did some math, if I used it up a vertical surface, I could launch myself into orbit.
>>
>>48938745
make them better. Make them intelligent, animated panties.
>>
>>48938745
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0N2mxQby3fg
>>
>>48938745
Adventurer girl with a rope dragon fundoshi?
>>
File: RMR_12841208180.jpg (96KB, 283x490px) Image search: [Google]
RMR_12841208180.jpg
96KB, 283x490px
So our DM's decided to switch our campaign from 5e to Pathfinder, and instead of making a new character I was thinking I'd convert my Lawful Evil Halfling Cleric of Umberlee to PF. I don't really have much experience with Clerics, so does anyone know a good way to convert my character that minimizes any major changes? If I recall correctly, being evil means I can't cast heal spells right off the bat, and the domains closest to 5e's Tempest don't seem as impressive. Worst case I suppose I could play another divine caster and fluff that I'm still a cleric, or just play this Bloodrager I've got as a backup (although I'd like to hold that off just a bit. The way new characters come in is at half the level of whoever's highest, and I don't feel like my Bloodrager will be as effective as I'd like at 4).
>>
>>48938881
Clerics are fairly powerful in PF, so your domain choices aren't really all THAT important. Evil clerics can still use healing spells, they just can't cast them spontaneously(so just get a wand of CLW). If you have any doubts, just check out one of the cleric guides in the repository.
>>
>>48938881
>Evil and healing spells
No, you can cast these. You just can't sacrifice prepared spells to cast them; you have to prepare them normally. It's pretty shit.

I know jack fucking shit about Umberlee. Describe what you're wanting to get out of this character and I'll help you get it out of it. Fortunately for you, Cleric is in the top three most powerful core classes, up there with Wizard and Druid. It won't be hard.
>>
>>48938881
>Lawful Evil Halfling Cleric of Umberlee

How'd you manage that? Umberlee is Chaotic Evil. I haven't really played 5th edition, but I guess clerics don't have to be close to their god's alignment in that game?

I'd stick with Umberlee though. She's one of my favorite Forgotten Realms deities.

Pathfinder has a lot of archetypes - that is, ways to modify the base cleric class to let it do other things. There's a the Crusader if you want a more martial character, or the Evangelist which is kind of like a cleric/bard. Tell us a bit more about your character.
>>
>>48938719
Thanks. Yeah, it's more of an in-character thing than an out of character issue.

>>48938646
>Found a new order.

That might not work since there probably aren't very many people who would want to follow my character.

>>48938654
That's not a terrible idea. My character has several rivals and if one of them was taken out he could probably requisition their apprentice.
>>
Help!
I desperately want to play a Sworn Protector Warder that's also an Ordained Defender!
What kind of homebrewing would you recommend I do in order to make the archetypes stack and be at least a bit balanced?
Would losing OD's Divine Gift be acceptable? I really just want a WIS-based Sworn Protector!
>>
>>48938935
Umberlee's basically a Chaotic Evil Storm Godess, she's literally known as "The Bitch Queen". My character was part of a pirate crew, but all he really did there was deal with any superstitions the rest of the crew had, making sure they had "good winds" or whatever. "Huh, you saw an ill omen? Uh, yeah sure here's a blessing: blah blah blah, yadda yadda, okay get back to work.", that type of thing. He was more abusing his "position" to laze about on the ship. At least that's what he did until the party did a mutiny with some vikings. He didn't mind though, he's more of a self-preservationist anyway.

>>48938955
Maybe I was wrong when I made him, but if I recall right Clerics can be one step in alignment from their deity. I was looking at some archetypes last night, and while I felt the Appeaser made sense RP-wise, I don't know if it's something I'd actually want to play.
>>
File: Panty familiar.png (784KB, 1112x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Panty familiar.png
784KB, 1112x1600px
>>48938795
>>
>>48939088
>Awakened panty cohort
>It has companion to the lonely
>>
I want to be able to smash through walls like a fucking wrecking ball.
How do I smash good? Is Primal Fury enough?
No adamantium katana shit, only bashing and/or smashing.
Any 3pp (GM greenlights 'em)
>>
File: PF alignments.png (4KB, 331x301px) Image search: [Google]
PF alignments.png
4KB, 331x301px
>>48939076
one step that wat would be neutral evil, dude.
a cleric of a CE goddess could be CE, CN, or NE.
>>
>>48937963
Fuck off Nightfall.
>>
>>48939161
dude he clearly went right and screenwrapped to LE c'mon anon
>>
>>48939035
The only thing that overlaps is the 3rd level bonus feat.
Just give up another bonus feat from in class.
>>
>>48939161
Huh, you're right. How did I...? Well whatever, DM hasn't had a problem with it sooo...whatever I guess?
>>
>>48937756
We completed Jade Regent and fucking cheesed the final boss. Our Cleric of Erastil spread his religion to Minkai and brought on half a decade of perfect crops, our Brawler opened a brothel and his own dwarven yakuza, our Warlord got happily married and lived a quiet life, and my magus is on his way to becoming a Linnorm King and depending on how that session goes, he may appear in our next campaign set there.
>>
>>48939115
>Spell-like ability: Drench
>>
>>48939240
>Spell-like ability: Unnatural Lust 2/day
>Spell-like ability: Matchmaker 1/day
>>
>>48939076
>>48939161
Am I the only one who doesn't like the one step rule? The cleric alignments of Faiths and Pantheons was much better.
>>
File: 1468901419754.png (174KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468901419754.png
174KB, 697x768px
>tfw pc playing magus sucks at playing magus
>>
>>48938716
>>48938779

I thought Ornstein was a Zweihander Sentinel with a focus on Piercing Thunder and Elemental Flux?

He'd have some Mythic too, for Impossible Speed and Titan's Bane (+30 to movement and becoming an unstoppable dragonslayer.)
>>
>>48939304
It's the worst when you join a group and find that another guy is playing your favorite class, and is doing so badly.

>>48939294
You can always be a heretic and believe in an ideal of a deity that isn't necessarily true. You'll still get spells from it.

>>48939326
You missed the fucking part where I said I made it before PoW existed.
>>
>>48939076
In addition to a cleric, there are several other divine classes you could play as. The Inquisitor (kind of a rogue/cleric) a warpriest (a fighter cleric) an oracle (a sort of spontaneous sorcerer/cleric) and a shaman (a witch/oracle).
>>
>>48939304
I'm the one who was asking all the questions earlier in the thread.
Please elaborate so I can avoid this awful fate. Just some shit he's doing so I can not do it.
>>
>>48939294
I liked the idea that sometimes you would have gods who would grant spells to worshipers who were outside their usual alignment range.

Like Sune, the chaotic good goddess of beauty has an order of lawful good paladins, or the chaotic evil dragon god of destruction Garyx, has chaotic good followers who worship him as a being of renewal and rebirth.

So I find those kind of exceptions to be interesting and more memorable rather than if every god had worshipers outside their usual alignment.
>>
>>48939076
If you're going for the storm-centric theme, Shaman is a pretty good pick. No alignment restrictions on you, and a solid, if fairly limited, spell list that includes many of the tasty ocean-faring spells off the Druid list and a lot of Cleric self-buffs.
>>
File: 169797.jpg (183KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
169797.jpg
183KB, 600x450px
>>48939304
>mfw PC is a level 5 monk and still only dealing 1d8+2 damage because he went full dex
>doesn't use maneuvers
>doesn't use stunning fist
>doesn't have power attack
>doesn't have any way to gain dex-to-damage
>doesn't even have dragon style
>>
What's a good class to gestalt with Warder?
I'm looking to be the mighty bulwark way in front, taking hits like it's nothing. Perhaps the "shield instead of smite" Paladin archetype?
>>
>>48932488
this tbqh famalam
>>
>>48939488
Does the player at least realize that his character is useless and it's all his fault?
>>
>Find art for character that almost perfectly fits what I want
>It's futuristic enough in style that I can't even comfortably fluff it as a construct
Life can be rough, sometimes.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>48939687

Give us the art and the character, we'll be the judge!

Also just request a medieval version in the Drawthread.
>>
>>48939633
The warder already does pretty much everything you need for that on its own.
I'd recommend adding a contrasting class to add breadth to the character concept rather than hyperfocus it - it helps your GM balance encounters too.

If you really want to go max tank, just add on Aegis, which is always a classic.
>>
>>48939782
>>48939633

Slayer is good for Warder, Studied Target and Sneak Attack make you dead killy while the talents give you variation in your killiness.
>>
If you're gestalting together something like a Master of Many Styles UC Monk and Stalker, would FE actually be decent?
>>
File: 1454051291702.jpg (320KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
1454051291702.jpg
320KB, 800x842px
>>48939825
>not UC Monk + Monk
>>
>>48939851
I'm fairly sure that isn't even a legal gestalt.
>>
>>48939633
For Int-based warders:
-Cryptic (Brutal Disruptor) can net you a nasty bonus to damage, reflex, and skill ranks
-Aegis (Bonuses to stuff, mobility, and utility shit)
-Fighter (All the feats, also early access to Cut from the Air/Smash from the Air)
For Ordained Defender
-Soulknife (Again, utility. Augmented Blade can net you Fighter Weapon Training, or Gifted Blade for minor manifesting)
-Inquisitor (Skill bonuses, 6/9 spellcasting. Great for intimidate builds)
-Psychic Warrior (6/9 manifesting, more feats, Interceptor's Path is pretty good)
-Cleric (9/9 casting), or Druid if you're comboing with Dervish Defender.
>>
File: 1471082760823.png (63KB, 295x217px) Image search: [Google]
1471082760823.png
63KB, 295x217px
>>48939115
>>48939240
>>48939258
>>
>>48939633
Living Legend Soulknife.
INT synergy, added versatility without going into caster territory, and you get to go maximum hero of folklore.
>>
>>48933808
Henshin Hero with the Speed motif.

Swift Body gets you a +10-+50 movespeed bonus, and later on, Impossible Speed lets you move at Run speed when you take a move, withdraw, or charge, or double that if you actually take a Run.
>>
>>48939959
Can this be used with a charge?
>>
>>48939944

>He doesn't like horny living clothes
>>
>>48939993
Yep. Spend two transformation rounds, and you'll move as if you'd ran for it.
>>
>>48940031
Beautiful.

https://dndtools.net/feats/fiendish-codex-ii-tyrants-of-the-nine-hells--67/mark-of-minauros--1856/
>>
File: thomas-karlsson-barricade5.jpg (501KB, 1588x1963px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-karlsson-barricade5.jpg
501KB, 1588x1963px
>>48939733
I'm looking to play an Ironborn (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/ironborn) Sworn Protector Warder//something (undecided).
As for the character itself... Have you ever played Sonic Adventure? E102 Gamma was a big inspiration for me.
In short, one of a line of highly advanced battle-constructs is freed from it's maker's control and dedicates it's newly found "life" to essentially killing all of his "brothers" so that they'll never harm anyone ever again. He's last on the list.
It's for a 2-player party. The other player is a Rubato//Unchained Swashbuckler (homebrew PDF I found here several months ago, doesn't have credits in it last I checked)
I'm hoping to be the serious man to his wacky trickster.

This is the best art I've been able to find. Spent about... 4 hours over the last two days searching. Looks like concept art for a video game or something.
The criteria I'm looking for, aside from personal preference I can't put into words, is stylized knight-looking robots/golems/constructs that have a shield and preferably a sword. The shield is the key part, really.
This picture is infuriating because it's so close to being exactly what I want, but it's just a little bit too futuristic for comfort.

>just request a medieval version in the Drawthread
I've had little luck there with my previous request and sort of gave up. Maybe that was pessimistic of me.
>>
Is there a way to put Fullplate on by yourself without eating a penalty?
>>
>>48939944
>tfw you'll never be able to play a sentient undead set of underwear called The Late Bloomer
>>
>>48940156
Folding plate.
It's way too expensive for what it does, though.
Just get the armor enchanted with Comfort and never take it off.
>>
>>48940187
Or be a skeleton. In fact, most problems can be solved by being a skeleton.

PFG, why is there no playable skeleton race yet?
>>
>>48940279
There's a 3pp one where you play as some fuckin' virus that animates bones or some shit.
>>
>>48940293
not gonna lie that sounds rad
>>
>>48940293

Does it let me achieve
COMPLETE
GLOBAL
SATURATION
>>
>>48940302

It's not, they insist the skeletons are noble badasses and basically the coolest most good guys ever.

Interesting concept ruined by poor lore building.
>>
>>48940313
>they insist the skeletons are noble badasses and basically the coolest most good guys ever.
But...
>>
File: 8181174.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
8181174.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>48940313
>a race of slaves valiantly trying to free their trapped brethren from the flesh-prisons built to keep them shackled
>not good guys
>>
>>48940469
sir dan isn't a withered corpse being controlled by self-aggrandizing SARS, anon
>>
>>48940535
Magic, self-aggrandizing SARS, whatever.
>>
>>48940279
Did you know any time you make a human character, you are actually playing a skeleton hiding in a meat suit?
>>
Im playing a lawful evil cleric and my party are just kind of being assholes out of game about my character and what he does. I've been preparing 2 heal light wounds, and usually stuff like bane, and hold person. And once I hit level 5 I fully intend on attempting to summon undead, and gauging my parties reaction to it.

I kind of indicated that I wasnt going to just be a heal bot to my friends when I started. I can only channel negative energy.

I havent really been able to do that either very much. I took selective channeling, but I can only choose up to 3 targets to avoid. Ive been able to use it to some effect when someone was a fair distance away though.

I reject my choices for domains, I took law and trickery because I feel it suited my character, but on second thought I think id rather take fire instead of trickery.

I know you can retrain domains, but do I need to find a cleric of asmodeus, or any cleric who uses the fire domain?
>>
>>48940673
Why the fuck are you wasting spell slots preparing healing spells? Tell your friends to sack up and chip in for a couple of wands of cure light wounds.

Spending actions in combat on healing is a complete waste, especially casting Cure Light Wounds when you should have a wand of that instead.

Your spellbook should be filled with aggressive spells designed to shut down enemies and end encounters ASAP to ensure your fellow players don't need to be healed in the first place.
>>
>>48940673
>Trading Fire for Trickery
You what. Fire's a shit domain. Don't go for undead summoning, it's a drain on money and clogs up combat. And you risk losing your investment on them incredibly easily.
Also, do this >>48940722
Get a wand of Infernal Healing instead, though. Gives more healing per pop than a wand of CLW does.
>>
>>48940722
i agree, but every time I tell them im not preparing any healing spells they completely all out of game start calling me a faggot.

Its actually really bothering me, but I cant really do anything about it because they are supposedly my friends.

I feel like some of them treat the campaign as something that needs to be won instead of as a roleplaying game.
>>
>>48940757
Dude, your group is a bunch of fucking children.
Just stop playing.
>>
>>48940757
Point out that using wands to heal is much more effective for everyone. If they don't listen to reason then fuck them.
>>
>>48940757
>i agree, but every time I tell them im not preparing any healing spells they completely all out of game start calling me a faggot.

Explain to them that spells are better when they are used pro-actively rather than re-actively. It's better to win a fight where nobody takes any damage thanks to a Hold Person spell, than to win a fight where you have to waste two or three spell slots healing everyone up afterwards.

And if they keep giving you shit, then you're playing with a group of idiots who are going to continue giving you shit until you play the way they want you to play. At that point, it's on you to decide if you're willing to play their way or walk away.

If they keep giving you shit though, I'd ask the GM if you can just make a new character, a wizard or such without any healing spells so you can play how you want and not get morons shitting all over you.
>>
>>48940666
If it's a meat suit, I oughta be able to magic it up with Magic Vestments.
>>
>>48940757
Don't listen to these pussies.
Just take it. Endure the bullshit.
Secretly scheme in the background the whole time.
Then, in the party's greatest moment of weakness, betray them. Have them get chained up and gang-raped by shoggoths. Wrench their souls out of their bodies and forcefully resurrect them every time they die.
>>
>>48940943
>Shoggoth
>Consorting with the forces of Chaos
>Cleric of Asmodeus
This is heresy.
>>
>>48941194
>cleric of asmodeus
>not having Profession (Lawyer)
>>
>>48941288
I have my profession as a barrister honestly, I haven't actually used it at all during the campaign.
>>
>>48941339
>haven't used it the whole campaign
Not even to make some money during downtime? What are you, a charity worker?
>>
>>48941359
No downtime, probably, if the GM runs for the kind of group that calls people faggot. :/
>>
>>48941384
This is an unfortunate likelihood.

Downtime saves lives (and money, and time).
>>
New thread:
>>48941489
>>48941489
>>48941489
>>48941489
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.