[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investigating the rogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (16KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 309x266px
So /tg/ I might have a problem.
I'm currently playing an LG paladin that is part of a religious peacekeeping order but is also responsible for conducting investigations, like a somewhat nicer inquisitor.
Recently the party's rogue broke a prisoner out of the Baron's jail. the prisoner was an Orc and claimed to be held there for defending himself, however he had still broken the law and was legally imprisoned.

I have a feeling I will be tasked with investigating the crime while going about my other task of finding a fiend that was sensed nearby.

I'd rather not arrest/kill the rogue, but it wouldn't be in character to just ignore it either. How should I go about this?
>>
You already know what to do, brother. You just dont want to admit to yourself that you do.
>>
>>48928953

I imagine that this was literally exactly the dilemma your DM wanted your character to wrestle with, my dude.

Work through it as your character would. Think about his past, and his views on law and justice. Has he ever experienced a separation between the law two concepts? Roleplay out that indecision. "How SHOULD I handle this?" Wait until you see something that makes your character say "Yes, this would make him tip one way or the other."
>>
>>48928953
>kill a random bandit
>bring head to town
>say he did it
>>
>>48929021
What this guy said. Sorry, OP, you're gonna have to put the RP in RPG.
>>
>>48929074
As if that's such a bad thing.
>>
Just execute the rogue player character and destroy the body to the point that he can't be resurrected. Then tell the rogue player that as his punishment for role playing, the DM made him the bait in a trap intended to cause your paladin to fall because "muh story."
>>
>>48929021
I'll go with that then.
It's just that I've tried to avoid killing other players in the past.
I suspected the rogue would become a problem but not so soon.
>>
>>48929225
PvP is certainly a thing people can find very off putting. I recommend talking to the player/group about it. See who lands where.
Second to that, there are in character options too. Sometimes breaking the law is the righteous thing to do. Maybe your character could be convinced of that. Imprisonment and death aren't the only sentences, maybe an exorbitant fine is in order.
>>
File: 1264752233703.jpg (41KB, 303x271px) Image search: [Google]
1264752233703.jpg
41KB, 303x271px
>>48929225
Even better, talk it out with the player. Offer to bring him in peacefully, see that his punishment is carried out justly (causing a prison break for one dude in there on assault is probably not death), and that, all in all, justice is served. Hell, investigate for proof that the orc WAS unjustly imprisoned, to reduce the sentence.
All it takes is extra effort for you, and I assume the party's rogue is at least not at loggerheads with you? Go that extra mile.
>>
>>48928953
How about, I don't know... talking to him? Not every answer needs to be "I smite him for jaywalking."
>>
>>48929122
I know. The worst.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.