[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /tg/ think about a game bassed on the warriors? what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: the-warriors-original.jpg (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-warriors-original.jpg
798KB, 1920x1080px
what does /tg/ think about a game bassed on the warriors? what system would you use?
>>
MAID

Does theme gangs pretty well.

Also has outfit rules.
>>
>>48923749
I think that would be pretty cool. Low tech combat (chains, tyre irons, glass bottles etc), silly gang costume gimics (pic related to what I would do), awesome blacksploitation radio host that could give quests/current events. Proper weapons being rare and thus highly sought. Political intrigue in terms of gang territory, alliances and wars to be had.

I can dig it.
>>
>>48923749
interesting bit from IMDB

Here are the gangs that were listed in the script (some made it into the movie; others didn't): - The Alleycats, - The Amsterdam All-Stars, - The Baseball Furies aka The Furies, - The Black Hands, - The Blackjacks, - The Big Trains, - The Boppers, - The Boyle Avenue Runners, - The Charlemagnes, - The Colt 45's, - The Dealers, - The Delaney Rovers, - The Dingos, - The E Street Blazers / The E Street Shufflers , - The Easy Aces, - The Electric Eliminators, - The Eighth Street Bombers / The Eighth Avenue Apaches, - The Fastballs, - The Fifth Street Bombers, - The Filmores, - The Firetasters, - The Five Points, - The Gerrards, - The Gladiators, - The Go Hards, - The Gun Hill Dancers, - The Gramercy Riffs aka The Riffs, - The High Hats, - The High Rollers, - The Homeboys, - The Hoplites, - The Howitzers, - The Huks, - The Hurricanes, - The Imps, - The Jesters, - The Jones Street Boys, - The Judas Bunch, - The Jupiters, - The Knockdowns, - The Knuckles, - The Lizzies, - The Locos, - The Magicians, - The Meatpackers, - The Mongols, - The Moonrunners, - The Napoleons, - The Nickel Steaks, - The Nightriders, - The Ninth Avenue Razors, - The Orphans, - The Panzers, - The Phillies, - The Plainsmen, - The Punks, - The Queen's Bridge Mutilators, - The Real Boys, - The Red Hook Shooters, - The Roadmasters, - The Rogues, - The Romans, - The Runaways, - The Saracens, - The Saratogas, - The Savage Huns, - The Shanghai Sultans, - The Southern Cross, - The Speedwagons, - The Sports, - The Stevedores, - The Stilletos, - The Stonebreakers, - The Terriers, - The Turks, - The Turnbull AC's, - The Van Cortlandt Rangers, - The Warriors (aka The Coney Island Warriors), - The Whispers, - The Xenophones, - The Xylophones, - The Yo-Yo's, - The Youngbloods, - The Zodiacs, - The Zulus.
>>
File: Gangland.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Gangland.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48925565
Neat.

OP: The guy who does the One-Shot Podcast, James D'Amato, made a game specifically for playing The Warriors.
>>
>>48923749
savage worlds
>>
File: Gang Violence.png (614KB, 945x627px)
Gang Violence.png
614KB, 945x627px
>>48925565
>The Nickel Steaks

10/10. Would patch in.

was going to say >inb4 idiots recommend generic systems just because they're familiar with them, but I was too late
>>
>>48925565

The Warriors themselves are Indian themed as are alot of the gangs seem to have a certain theme going.

Though the movie was based on the Anabasis remember that line Swan says? "When we see the ocean, we figure we're home" the book basically translate too (a journey up-country from the sea). I mean hell the Lizzies scene seems like something straight out of a Greek epic where women try to the men seduce men so they can lower their defenses while the youngest/weakest yet he was also the smartest Warrior Rembrandt knew something was up and was able to save his fellow Warriors. While one of the strongest and cocky warriors gave into the temptations and got arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8
>>
>>48923749
The Anabasis is pretty /tg/ as it is.
The Anabasis with wacky wayside gangs is really /tg/
>>
>>48926832
Daniele Bolelli's podcast "History on Fire" has a two part episode dedicated to the 10,000 Greek Warriors they're based on that took part in the Persian civil war by Cyrus the younger. The way Bolelli tells it is just spellbinding and epic, and being Italian, it just feels like my grandpa telling me a story.
>>
File: fastshow.gif (1MB, 320x240px)
fastshow.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I CAN DIG IT, SUCKAS.
>>
>>48923749
I really want to do a Riddle of Steel game based on 70's street gangs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.