[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 49

File: U8RBmdc.jpg (462KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
U8RBmdc.jpg
462KB, 1622x1058px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Grand Alliance edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
>>48897118

What is next? I don't trust bols rumors.
>>
>>48914649
None yet, still procuring all the bits I need.
>>
first for kroak

fuck skaven
>>
File: hesdeadinthemovie.jpg (8KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
hesdeadinthemovie.jpg
8KB, 201x250px
>Just realised my next 2k list has 0 shooting
I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass
>>
>>48915942
>"Hey anon, this will be your opponent today"
>"Hi, I'm 120 handgunner guy"
>>
>>48916152
>Hey i hope you don't mind i'm bringing Neffy and a bunch of Bat swarms
>Oh and a flying squad of Blood Knights
I heard some anon here was doing a Napoleonic themed list, how OP is it ?
>>
How many points would people pay for blue and brimstone horrors? My group is pretty casual so theyd probably let me use them if i can balance them out with rough points. I was thinking 120 for 20 cause their about as good as grots. Brimstones id put at 60 for 20. Puts a full chain of 10 pink horrors at 300 points.

Of course theres the weird rules of the blue horrors spawning in different units and how that works with min unit stuff, but i think its fine if you just play it your paying for the 20 no matter what unit they are in.
>>
Should I have some two handed weapons in my Liberators unit or just one handed and shield?
>>
>>48916262
That depends. What role do you want them to fit in your army?
>>
>>48916315
As far as I know aren't they best used as a tar pit or the anvil part of hammer and anvil?
I only have the Get started box atm anyway
>>
>>48916354
Shields give them a bit more staying power in that case, allowing them to reroll 1s for their saves.
>>
>>48915653
How well do Slaves of Darkness amd Beastmen blend together? Should I invest into Minotaurs, or look else where?
>>
>>48915763
Good luck finding the brets...
>>
>>48916262
>two-handed weapons
Yes. Always take one on your prime and, if you field ten blokes, a second one on a random trooper. They still benefits from the shields carried by the rest of the unit as long as one shield grunt is alive. Most of the damage the unit does (which won't be much, usually) will come from grandweapons.

>two one-handed weapons
Never fucking ever.
>>
What does /WIP suggest for a good starter airbrush arround £100/120?
>>
>>48916886
Damnit wrong thread...but if anyone has any suggestions, all the same
>>
File: 1471223348738.jpg (458KB, 1458x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1471223348738.jpg
458KB, 1458x1065px
Who /bloodbound/ here?
>>
>>48916415
Beastmen are pretty great. Dunno about minotaurs, but gors and ungors are great as a source of dirtcheap battleline units that aren't hot garbage like Blood Reavers. Ungor with bows are also nice because chaos is lacking in the non-Skaven ranged department.
>>
File: $_32.jpg (36KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
36KB, 450x600px
>>48916886
>good starter airbrush

Compressor with tank, a cheap airbrush for priming, cleaning pot, AV grey primer, cleaner, thinner. That should be under £100. Start with priming the models only, once you feel confident, grab an better airbrush.
>>
Now that White Dwarf is monthly, shoudn't the release schedule be monthly? Or at least tell us/give us clues about what is coming in the month?
I don't mind going back on forth on 40k and AoS releases, but it sucks not knowing when the Deathwatch release is going to end
>>
>Started collecting 1 month before GHB.
>Decide to only buy new models after painting the ones i have.
>Painted 4 Brutes so far ....

Maybe one day i will get to play a game. I spent 3 hours after work just on the damn skin for 1 model. I'm not even good at painting.
>>
>>48917582

Well as a new guy when does white dwarf usually drop? But from what I've noticed it does give clues or it has since they revamped it. I think September is an AoS month too.

Steamheads hopefully.
>>
>>48917582
Apparently the weekly releases will be announced first on social media, because GW is now down wiv tha kids.
>>
>>48917615
I got the oppisite problem, i have like 30-40 models all built but with no paint and i refuse to play a game until i have everything done which feels like an entirety
>>
>>48917615
It's ok anon. Try what I do - I've stopped setting goals, because that makes painting feel like a chore. I've just set up my paint station so it's very easy to pick up and paint, and put it down whenever, and I'll leave several different models lying around. Just stop by and put some paint on when you're bored, and every now and then you'll get some random inspiration and be there for 2-3 hours or so.
>>
>>48917983
That, and we'd throw a bitchfit if they went back to monthly silences.
>>
>>48917983
>open webstore at 10
>look at pre orders
tadaa
>>
>>48918246
The rumour was stuff would be shown on social media before saturday morning (or friday evening if you go on the NZ site). We'll see, I guess.
>>
I'm picking up a Death army because I like the look of them basically.

How do they fare on the table top?

Any Advice for someone who is just starting?

I really like the skeleton vibe if that helps
>>
>>48918575

What date we getting this stuff? The first of the month?

Sorry for the dumb question new to the GW thing.
>>
>>48918726
Death are s strong army and skeletons are a good way to go. Get the horde starter kit and buy more skeletons on top of that. Equip them with spears in big blocks.
>>
>>48918747
Well, this new monthly WD and so on probably won't be like how they did things with monthly WDs before, so we don't really know exactly how it'll all pan out.
>>
>>48918747
>>48918848
I think it's going to remain mostly as it has been for the past few years. Pre-orders for next week's stuff on the website on saturday.

The only difference is that we won't get any weekly WD 'leaks' anymore, but I expect those will be replaced with facebook teasers like what they did with Deatwatch.
>>
>>48918726
Very Strong if you like horde armies
Nice Heroes

Most liekly the weakest in terms of alliegence "toys" though
>>
File: trenchcoat.png (284KB, 495x337px) Image search: [Google]
trenchcoat.png
284KB, 495x337px
What army is a good counter for Sylvaneth... a guy in my small group now has like 4 treemen and Drycha...
>>
>>48917054
Khorne filth out.

This is Tzeentch territory.
>>
>>48919025

ARCANITES WHEN GW?!?!
>>
>>48919075
After Jetpack Dorfs. So October maybe.

Definitely before New Years.
>>
>>48919000
Fyreslayers. Their priests turn their precious forests into deathtraps.
>>
Could somebody please post a screenshot of the free guilds point values? I'm away from home and can't open the pdf and i need to look at them.
>>
File: freeguild.png (675KB, 1260x487px) Image search: [Google]
freeguild.png
675KB, 1260x487px
>>48919241
>>
>>48919111

God I hope those come soon. I just got into the hobby and want to see if i like the aesthetic to make em' my first army.

If not them it;s gonna be fyreslayers
>>
File: 123.jpg (100KB, 1301x449px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
100KB, 1301x449px
>>48919241
>>
>>48919277
They're meant to be next month, so should be soon.
>>
>>48917054
>Played 1k Khorne for the first time
>Slaughtered Brets and Seraphon in the name of the blood god

I need to get the banner guy though, that 1+ attack will be very handy.
>>
File: warlockengineer.jpg (300KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
warlockengineer.jpg
300KB, 500x660px
Got some minor rules question that I can't seem to find an aswer for.

1. I know that the player who deploys his entire army first chooses who goes first, but how do you determine who actually starts deploying? Would be kinda important if both players have the same amount of units.

2. While the rules do clearly say this... it just doesn't seem right. It says that a unit only gets +1 save from cover if the *entire* unit is in the terrain. so if 39 gobbos ar ein a wood, and one guy in the far back is not, does that mean that they don't get cover?

3. If I shoot a unit, but can only reach a certain number of guys, can I still kill more guys than I reach?

Thanks guys!
>>
>>48920072
1. You roll off or the scenario states.
2. Yes, every model has to be in cover.
3. Yes you can afflict wounds to models even if you can't see them. But only models that are within range and can see the enemy unit can make attacks.
>>
>>48920072
>1. I know that the player who deploys his entire army first chooses who goes first, but how do you determine who actually starts deploying? Would be kinda important if both players have the same amount of units.

Dice roll.

>2. While the rules do clearly say this... it just doesn't seem right. It says that a unit only gets +1 save from cover if the *entire* unit is in the terrain. so if 39 gobbos ar ein a wood, and one guy in the far back is not, does that mean that they don't get cover?

Nope.

>3. If I shoot a unit, but can only reach a certain number of guys, can I still kill more guys than I reach?

Yes and no. Only those models within range can attack or be attacked, but if you do more damage than there are models in ranges the damage will spill over to the models outside of that range.
>>
File: kawaii warlock.jpg (127KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii warlock.jpg
127KB, 1024x640px
>>48920179
>>48920311

Thank you. The cover one seems to be pretty stupid, but at least my small elite army will (probably) never really be affected. Feel really bad for horde players though.
>>
>>48920528
Being a Grots player is suffering when it comes to cover
>>
>>48920528
Eh, Horde players usually get special rules for their bulky hordes to keep them safe or make them more deadly, so it compensates.
>>
File: albinoface.jpg (13KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
albinoface.jpg
13KB, 200x203px
Alliance Age of Sigmar tournament results

1 Order
2 Destruction
3 Chaos
4 Death
5 Death
6 Destruction
7 Order
8 Stormcast
9 Destruction
10 Destruction

Top 3 lists were:

1st
9 Kurnoth Hunters
3x 10 Glade Guard
3x Gryph Hounds
3x Hurrinaums with Wizard

2nd
3x Frostlord on Stonehorn
1x Thundertusk Beastclaw Riders
3x 10 Savage Orruks

3rd
2x Great Unclean One
2x 10 and 1x 20 Plage Bearers
2x 6 Plague Drones
>>
>>48920731
>People brought powerlists to a tournament
>More at 11
>>
>>48919277
>>48919384
You think the new dorfs will have a new keyword like fyreslayers or do you think they will squeeze them into dispossessed?
>>
>>48920887
For no real established reason i'm suspecting a release like the sylvaneth. Or their faction being about that size options wise. Probably with a steamheads keyword too.
>>
>>48920528
I like it because it makes it easy to deny you opponent from getting the benefit if you are defending
>>
What do you like about Age of Sigmar /aosg/?
>>
>>48920887

I think they'll have the steamhead keyword.

If we're going for the whole "lore" aspect I think the new dorfs will be the members of grungni's Iron Karak.

Or atleast I hope so.
>>
>>48921091
I have a hope they steal over the gyro copters, from the rumors it seems they'd slot right in.
>>
>>48921084

The relative freedom when listbuilding. You can make some really cool things, like steampunk dwarves, or mix a lot of Order units and make an army similar to the Haven faction Heroes of might and magic.
>>
>>48920887

If they do make a more steam punk faction like people seem to think, I don't think they will be the Dispossessed. The word itself refers to people without or having lost their home. The current Dispossessed faction is supposed to be that I think. Dwarfs that are remnant forces from holds that have fallen. It's possible they'll be called Steamhead. That word/tag has been floating around for a while.

My personal hope for Duardin is that down the road we get a resurgence of the rune magic theme. They used to have incredibly powerful rune magic a couple thousand years before the End Times. But too many Runelords died off without passing along their knowledge and for some unexplained reason a lot of the most powerful runic relics were losing their power. They used to have big runic golems that were crazy strong and the holds all had anvils of doom.

Compared to 8th Edition, most of the runic abilities we have available now are pretty underwhelming IMO. The only ones I really consider worth using are Forgefire(+1 rend) on the normal Runelords and Rune of Oath and Steel(+1 save) on Thorek. The rest are weak enough options comparatively that I would hardly ever use them. I only use Rune of Wrath and Ruin(d3mw) with Thorek because I can't use Oath and Steel twice.
>>
File: 1424507769163.jpg (1MB, 2561x3510px) Image search: [Google]
1424507769163.jpg
1MB, 2561x3510px
>>48921168

I believe they will. I mean they fit right in to a steampunk dwarf aesthetic.

Considering the rumors seem to point to them of pic related but with cogs I don't see why not.
>>
>>48920775

Just found it interesting, I haven't really been looking for tourney results but came across these and to see the top 4 being one of each grand alliance was really surprising.

I had my 'frostlord' for months so hope nobody thinks im a powergamer when I slap him down on the table now
>>
>>48921289

If they do they're a fucking crybaby.
>>
>>48921239
Literally all my runelord does is sit on top of a dragonfate dais and bless +forgefire my units.
>>
File: image.png (278KB, 359x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
278KB, 359x400px
Has anyone here tried using fimir warriors? Are they any good? They look good on paper and I am considering nabbing a few for my mixed destruction force.
>>
Bought start collecting greenskinz the other day and promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more until they're painted as otherwise I'll get overwhelmed. Just found 36 orcs on sprue and a boar chariot for £6 on ebay. I'm both ecstatic and horrified at once
>>
Fyreslayers = Dwarfs that follow Grimnir, who is the naked angry god
Steamheads = Dwarfs that follow Grungni, who is the tech god
Dispossessed = Average joe dwarfs who have rune magic

That's my head canon to how it should go down, that way we can get some nice variation going
>>
>>48921601

See that's what I don't get about the new lore.

Grungni is still the god of smithing right?
>>
>>48921601
Thats pretty much how I see it. That theres only a few holds left, held by fyreslayers and Steamheads, while dispossessed are the remnants of destroyed holds.
>>
File: sigmarine.jpg (565KB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sigmarine.jpg
565KB, 876x1200px
what are the feelings on sigmarines from a fluff perspective? Am I weird for liking them?
>>
>>48921655

No. If steamheads don't come out they're my second choice behind fyreslayers, I personally like them a lot.
>>
>>48918078

To make goals is what drives us ever forward. When you remove yourself of goals, no matter what, you have nothing to strive for.

What you describe is a recipe for laziness, and that my friend, is a disaster in a hobby like this.
>>
>>48919000

You can always just say "I wont play that, because its an unfair list next to mine".

When we play, we use points as a reference value. We use the one rules and battle-line rule. But then we head over to the narrative gameplay and do epic matches with the rules reference of the chosen scenario.

Before deployment we look at our lists, and simply determine if they are somewhat similar, and I'm not talking points now, its more of a unit by unit comparison.
>>
>>48921632
Yeah, Grungni is the Forge God. He ended up using Dwarf-God magic to give Sigmar the energy to forge the Stormcast. In the Season of War, the dorfs along with the ironweld arsonal end up learning how to harvest realmstone and use it as a power source. It's not officially confirmed but it's very likely that they're followers of Grungni.
>>
File: 1414435342265.jpg (272KB, 1692x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1414435342265.jpg
272KB, 1692x1284px
hey /aosg/ I'm looking for ideas to paint these stormcasts I acquired. please post some sigmarines.
>>
>>48921655

I wonder if the 40k community would ever forgive GW if they did an "Age of the Emperor". Then I ask the same question but ad "and they make a full range of true scale marines that actually have the stats of how a marine should be in the fluff".... Interesting...
>>
>>48921875

It depends. If you know your ways of the brush, Id go with a white theme similar to the one in the pic. Other than that, Id actually stick with the GW original, following Duncan´s paint guide.
>>
>>48921919

Forgot pic.
>>
>>48921084

I like the models, particularly the ironjawz. I don't like how restrictive they are to build but in terms of look i think they are fantastic. I always wanted an elite ork army for 40k and Nobz were just shit (other than bikers but i liked the 2 handed guys on foot). So in this game i can actually play that instead of gimping myself and losing every game.
>>
>>48921875
Whatever you do, don't make them full gold
I think silver armour with a little golden ornamentation and red as shield, pauldron and loincloth color would look nice
>>
>>48921919
I've painted some in the past but I'm really terrible at it. Getting some lessons today, so looking for something easy.
>>
>>48921974

I think we also can thank GW for finally making a game they freely can make rules to the models they make. Like literally make rules that are just as awesome as the model!
>>
>>48921996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Y61xmylas

Then Duncan is the way to go. Just look, follow and learn, and you will have an awesome force in no time!
>>
>>48921879

I don't think they would, even though the game is in such a state right now alot of people just find it so off puting to even play a game. I wouldnt go back to 40k unless it was overhauled. I used to play in a local club and all 5 people just stopped playing and the club shut down. For whatever reason though the die hards don't like change even if the game is in a downward spiral (from my point of view anyway, maybe financially it is not).

I hated the addition of flyers and lord of war, to me they just didnt fit the scale of the game at all but i don't see them getting rid of that even if they do overhaul.
>>
>>48920731
Can you link where we can find the rest of the results? I'm curious to see the other lists.
>>
>>48921655
Space Marines would be blessed to ever look like Stormcasts.
>>
File: AOS Battles.jpg (124KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Battles.jpg
124KB, 960x720px
What matches did you play this week? I got in my 1st and 2nd games ever yesterday at my local club. Played against a mates Skaven and lost the 1st and won the 2nd match. Was really fun and once we learned the rules a bit very easy and had a good flow. The rolling for who goes 1st was really huge and I liked not having to look up a to hit or to wound chart every 5 seconds. Spiders are fun and loving the mortal wounds on 6s! oh and fuck Stormfiends those rats are mean as hell.
>>
File: AOS Battles (1).jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Battles (1).jpg
114KB, 720x960px
>>48922358
and the other match
>>
>>48922179

Well, being a player from around 3ed launch, I actually find 40k fun. But thats just me and my local meta. We don't over do shit, we don't play to win, we use scenario play and all the little fun rules you can find that lifts the game (building rules and such for instance).
And to me, the game is fun when you stop thinking in the terms of "my team", and embrace the AoS aspect of it. The fact that you, with a somewhat advanced rules system, can combine and mix and match the models that you like, through a detachment system is really fucking fun, and challenging sometimes. I, as opposed to many, like the larger units. I think this reason is two parts, its 1- a way for GW to express their brilliance in multi part plastic kits, and 2- a way for myself to relive my youthful fantasy of "oh wow, what if GW could release something like this in this concept art!", because now they actually can and do release many of those models!

I know I'm starting to sound like a fucking fanboy, but really, I just play the game because I find it fun, and that GW makes great models to support it. When you have a good community behind something, any game can great.

The reason I started AoS is that I feel its what GW wants to do for 40k, but cant because of rule lawyering cunts, and market value. Now they can freely make rules for the models, and it even used to be they didn't even have to worry about points.
>>
>>48922179
>>48922416
I like Fliers myself but I feel they are too powerful
>>
>>48922358
>>48922387

Great to see your army up and running! I have followed your progress during some of your WIP shots, and cheered you on.
Looks like a blast to be honest!
>>
>>48921806
>You can always just say "I wont play that, because its an unfair list next to mine".
Or you can stop being a waac fag who won't even play if his precious army might lose.
>>
File: IMG_4549.jpg (265KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4549.jpg
265KB, 1000x1333px
>>48922445

They where.... like in, what was it? 4th- 5th ed when they hit the grid somewhat. When there where no AA guns what so ever. When there where no AA-objectives on the board. When the meta didn't allow for tactics to change.

This is all part of something called Perfect Imbalance, and its a crucial ingredients of a game like 40k. You have power-list A who wins everything, so you make counter-list B, which then becomes the new top dogs, then you ad a new element to the game, and ruins the now top dog power-list B, because-counter list C just came along.

By added content, you shift the balance of the game. And I admit, the game wasn't ready for fliers at fist. But now, with even added rules in Death from the skies, hell, flyers can have their own little mini-game going on if you wish for it (between the game turns)!
>>
>>48922458
Thanks bro! all the lads at the club day and myself had a ball smashing out a couple of AOS games each. So much so I pulled the trigger on a Malignants army I have been drooling over. Going to do it up with as many spooks as possible and have Aqshy fire theme to them.
>>
>>48922358

Those are some beautiful spiders.

Played two games today, my 3rd and 4th games. I got 2k Stormcast and 1k Skryre, so I let a guy who is starting AoS borrow 1k Stormcasts and I played my skaven (who will be my main army).

I took some pics but they look like shit and most things aren't painted, but we had fun. 1st game I lost since I mixed my stormvermin badly, but the second game I played more defensivly and won.

1 st game was 4 objectives (hold them once and they're yours until someone else touches them) and the second one was the gift from the heavens one.
>>
>>48922511

>Opponent brings a WAAC list thats hard as nails
>Says in all honesty "you play a very unbalanced list, I don't feel like getting curb stomped"
>STOP BEING A WAAC PLAYER THATS AFRAID TO LOOSE!!!!

Dude, are you always this retarded?
>>
>>48922358
Got one in over on friday. 3rd game so far. 2v2 of a thousand points If anyone was in the thread last night It was the one where the khorne player thought you only needed to pay the base point cost, No accumulation for extra models.Me as destruction (Mixed ironjaws, some goblins for battleline and a unit of ogres) with a khorne bloodbound and khorne demons ally. Against a guy using dwarves but mostly with legacy warscrolls for some reason. 2 big units of slayers and didn't want to switch them out to use fyre slayer rules, and finally some stormcast, I remember he had the winged guy with the hawk, rolled a one for his one time only super shot. Was a good game, people enjoyed it, felt a bit cheap later though when i realized about the unit size accumulation cost.
>>
File: 1470474320681.png (5MB, 2498x784px) Image search: [Google]
1470474320681.png
5MB, 2498x784px
>>48922611
The skaven army I versed was pretty cool and I was a bit jelly for sure of all the cool crazy units. Tempted to find a cheap Isle of blood box.
>>48922656
Yeah we had some guys not adding up points cost right as well at the club day. I think it will take a bit of exposure for everyone to fall into line with it.
>>
>>48922626
Playing Sylvaneth is not waac. Like holy fuck dude he's just playing an army. Because you can't play the game properly does not invalidate his list.
>>
I'm thinking on adding some other elements of the Destruction side to my Ironjawz, and thus am in the need of adding a new battle line unit. I want to keep the Orruk theme, and especially the Ironjaws theme, and was thinking on converting Orruk Brutes to represent a unit of Ogres.

If you make them bare-chested, and ad a spiked fist and a club/blade. I was thinking on calling them Brawlers for fun. But to my question, are the brutes not big enough? I was actually looking at the Megaboss, but sadly, his armor isn't removable the same way it is on the Brutes, and It would take some real skills to pull that of. Skills I don't have to be frank.
>>
>>48921632

Gazul: Lord of the Underearth. Information can be found in Grudgelore, Online, and in Archives.

Grimnir: God of Slayers. Information Can be Found in Dwarf Army Book and Grudge Lore.

Grommo, The Wanderer: God of Rootless Dwarves, and Rangers.

Grungi: God of Mining, Rune Forging, and Smithing. Information Can be Found in Dwarf Army Book and Grudge Lore.

Hashut: God of Darkness and Despair. Information can be found in Chaos Dwarf Army Book.

Hrungnor: God of the Order of the Denied, God of the Unworthy. Information can be found in Archives, online and In older book editions.

Krignar: God of Conflict and War. Information can be found in Archives, online and In older book editions.

Morngri: God of Conflict and War Information can be found in Archives, online and In older book editions.

Rukh: God of Smithing and Forges. Information can be found in Warhammer Companion, Apocrypha, and online.

Smednir: God of Fire, Forging, and Smithing. Information can be found in Grudgelore, Online, and in Archives.

Morgrim: God of Combat and Defense. Information can be found in Grudgelore, Online, and in Old Army Books.

Throrin: God of Slayers. Information can be found in Archives and online.

Valaya: Goddess of Hearth and Home, Family, Fertility and Healing. Information Can be Found in Dwarf Army Book and Grudge Lore. Only Female God.

The oldest and most revered/powerful dwarfs are akin to ancestor gods as well, even though they are not actually gods themselves. Like Alaric the Mad, Skal Blackhammer, Snorri Whitebeard and Grombrindal.
>>
>>48923012
Brutes i think Will work fine as ogres. They are friggin big, they're just not as tall because of head placement. I recently used basic ogres as battleline for a mixed force and found them very effective.
>>
>>48923009

The dude asked how to beat a certain list, a list he therefore found difficult to beat with his current list.

What makes a good list or not has nothing to do with it you dimwit, if the guy is finding it to be a power list due to his local meta, then its a hard list for that particular individual.
And apparently, 4 treemen and Drycha is a hard setup for his army.
He can chose to advance his army, change army, play and loose, or simply ignore that player until that player changes his list instead. The alternative to change army had already been made, and I gave the option to simply confront the player saying "I know treemen are cool, but tone it down or I wont play you". The point of the game is to have just that, a game. Its no fun if ether side butcher the other due to pure model by model basis, no tactics or dice involved.

You on the other hand gave the idea of "why you wining about, Sylvaneth isn't even a hard team to counter!", while completely ignoring the fact that you don't know shit about anons own army. Thus, you're a fucking cunt, there I said it.
>>
>>48923138

Forgot to mention that aside from Grungni and Grimnir, they're pretty much all gone from the setting. And Grimnir was destroyed. His "divine essence", I guess you could call it, is the magic that infuses the ur-gold the Fyreslayers are obsessed with.
>>
>>48923163

Thats what I'm hoping for, something that fits the theme of my "in your face" tactics I use with my Ironjaws, simply make them have less armor (easy conversion with some green stuff), and wielding the right weapons. To make up a fun name and fluff for them will simply be a bonus I myself will enjoy and ad spirit to the game.

Brawlers, though as nails (4 wounds each), and dirty fighting to boot. Wants to prove themselves better than everyone else, thus "daring" one another to fight less armored. Hell, you could even throw in a fluff about stupid Ironjaws placing the armors as a bet, the one who survives the fight, kills the most enemies, or are the moth brutal and ruthless, takes home the booty! Or a trial of some sort. Ritual, or as punishment could also work. You challenge the boss and gets beaten to a pulp thought dead, your bound to get stripped of your belongings.
>>
>>48923185
>I gave the option to simply confront the player saying "I know treemen are cool, but tone it down or I wont play you".
Which is an ass hole move. You say the point of the game is to have a game, well you clearly missed your own point then cause they aren't playing game if he just tells the other guy to fuck off. Honestly the whole mentality is childish and stupid. Can you imagine if people did that in other games? "Oh you picked red in risk well I can't possibly win so I just won't play you" , "What's that you want to be white in chess, well you can go home you power gaming fag". And yeah, it would be nice of the other guy to change his list, but quite frankly it's not his fault you can't beat it. Denying the ability to play because of your own inadequacies is just pathetic.
>>
>>48923304
I've wanted to do Orcs and ogres since ogres came out. So the whole grand alliances was great for me. I love armies of big models, and painting skin and muscles. So ironjaws and ogres is a match made in skintone painting heaven.
>>
>>48923507

I'm not your sparring partner but I don't have this problem, because the people I play against aren't try hard waacers, who think creating a min-max list full of nothing but the hardest items in your army list is fun for anyone involved.

If someone I didn't really know (or even if I did) asked me for a casual game and put their Throne of Skulls netlist involving 7 tree men, Dryca , Celestial Prime, Allariel and 200 hand gunners + 4 Hurricanum on the table... nah, no thanks, not interested. Although being the martyr that you are you'd play and claim you were having a wonderful time.

If you think your righteous indignation is going to make me feel bad for ignoring these people then meh there's plenty out there for you to play with
>>
>>48923768
Know what you mean. Fyreslayers fulfilled my need for a whole army of naked muscle men.
>>
>>48923888
>Although being the martyr that you are you'd play and claim you were having a wonderful time.
Damn straight I would cause I'm not some europoor cunt who still plays with 15 year old models. I can actually build lists to compete in the game.
>>
>>48922220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQl5Xd38EM

Rest of results in description
>>
reminder: if you think liberators suck but Phoenix guard rule, work out the math for both units and find out how similar they are.

The biggest difference is the battleshock rule versus adding +1 to hit against 5 wound models.

As far as being tanky as fuck they're mathematically identical, as the +bravery and battleshock immunity tend to be redundant in order. The rerolls of 1's for the liberators does put them very, very slightly ahead in just pure longevity but Phoenix guard can spike up (or down) with their Ward save
>>
>>48922416

Nah man you are perfectly free to like what you like, you don't sound like a fan boy i can see where you are coming from. The group i played in did not understand the concept of fun and every game was waac. It got real tiresome and even though everyone knew how easy it was to exploit no one seemed to admit it, they all thought they had fair armies with glaring weakness that could be exploited. I played Orks as mentioned earlier and liked nobz but i would get tabled all the time.

Fighting against IG with 3+ leman russ, mortar tanks and all the gun teams and infantry just sucked, usually got tabled by turn 2.

Spacewolves with the jaws of the world wolf that would just laser down my ork HQ with no effort at all. 6+ Thunderwolf cavalry and dev squads with nothing but las cannons. I think it was more my community than the game itself but i just didn't like how it was possible that i could literally be alpha striked to oblivion on turn 1.

I don't know if i will ever play AoS either, i don't have any one to play against. All my friends jumped on the hate band wagon despite never playing it either (nor fantasy) and dismiss it out of hand. Don't really care neither, rather not play them if they play it like 40k. Quite happy just painting my dudes for now.
>>
>>48923990

Fuckin hell man, you do sound like a right cunt.

What does anything you just said have to do with what that guy even talked about? Huur your poor so you can't get on my level with your shitty 15 y/o models ... you wot. Can you actually not see just how much of a gaylord you sound? You are typical That Guy.
>>
>>48923212
Thank you. That might be occasionally useful.
>>
File: IMG_20150724_071721.jpg (3MB, 3120x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150724_071721.jpg
3MB, 3120x4208px
>>48924719
15 year old models make you a special snow flake. Who doesn't like that
>>
>>48924719
Took you nearly an hour to think that up. Wow man, I'm sorry I didn't know you were actually retarded. Yeah its probably best you don't play with people.
>>
>>48924995
I love my oops dwarfs.
>>
>>48923009
>Playing Sylvaneth is not waac.
They can be. Due to the wording of the Wyldwood scroll and summoning spell, taking the summon wyldwood spell means you can put down 3 citadel woods per cast, letting you very quickly plonk down woods everywhere. Add to that Awakening the Woods for easy mortal wounds and that Wyldwoods have a 1/6 chance to instakill any models that run or charge over it and you're looking at a very nasty list.
>>
Does anybody have a scan of the two Silver Tower booklets?
>>
>>48924997
Quit being a massive faggot.
>>
>>48924995
>15 year old models
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Skaven-Night-Runners
>>
>>48925128
You first.
>>
>>48925208
You're seriously just being a cunt to be a cunt now. Just go
>>
>>48925314
And you were a cunt for no reason to begin with? Did I hurt your feelings? I'll go when people like you leave the hobby for good.
>>
>>48925329
I'm not even the same anon. Seriously pull whatever is up your ass out and chill anon.
>>
>>48925347
>I'm not even the same anon
Then talk to someone who gives a fuck.
>>
>>48925375
Cool, good talk

Anyways, about what size should my Squig hoppers unit be? 30 seems a little much but they get tabled if I take anything smaller it seems.
>>
File: 1470473730740.png (4MB, 2500x716px) Image search: [Google]
1470473730740.png
4MB, 2500x716px
The most hilarious part of AOS general threads are the 40k/fantasy/randoms who don't play, don't paint and don't contribute anything but rude arguments about shit that very rarely happens if ever at all.

Don't feel bad AOS general, the 30k thread is usually plagued by a couple of these types as well. Sweet things sometimes attract flies.
>>
>>48922445

I don't really mind them. Ive never had difficulty dealing with them, for the most part, and if i did, it's because, much like anti tank weapons, I didn't really plan for it and have an option to take it out.
>>
>>48925449
Depends what your up against but expect them to get tabled against most things. They won't survive hits likely so I'd want like 30 if I took them at all.
>>
>>48925504
>Sweet things sometimes attract flies.
Shit attracts more though.
>>
>>48925623
thanks for outing yourself buddy, have a nice day
>>
>>48923507

Your analogies are so bad. "It's like refusing to play someone at chess because ..." Stop right there. In chess you and your opponent both have the same playing pieces that perform identical. Ie; an even playing field. Warhammer is nothing of the sort. It's not some ultra competitive battle of minds. It's a fun game to play with nice models. Anyone with half a brain can work out how a game is going to play out if you show up with a Waac power list. Fuck wasting my time giving you some kind of ego boost to add to your tally of faggotry. The fact you even get an ego boost and think your better than someone else from winning at warhammer is hilarious. Doubley so cause you think your somehow more of a gaymer for throwing money at it to make such a boring powerlist.
>>
>>48919111
>>48919075
It has to been when Part 2 of Space Yiffs getting wreck stuff comes I mean Tzeentch and the 1k Son have to be there
>>
Looking for advice on a good army build for Death. I own 40 skeletons, 15 black knights, 5 hexwraiths, 3 spirit hosts, 1 mortis engine, Heinrich Kemmler, Arkhan, Neferata, Mannfred, and Nagash.

I want a good 2000 point army that can beat ogres and I am currently having a hard time theory crafting a good strategy to do so.
>>
>>48921879
true scale marines no, again its the Guard that was out of scale not the Marines
ei necron Lords in fluff was a full head taller than Marines and the models shows that

Rules that match the fluff yeah I can see that
>>
>>48926372

Frankly giving marines two wounds and a three up save that rerolls against AP - would go a long, long way towards making them fluffy
>>
>>48926394
and let them use heavy weapons on the move or at least just missile launcher and heavy bolters
and chainswords ap 5
>>
>>48926661

It'd be like AOS, there could be specific rules that are tied to standing still but it wouldn't be an innate quality for heavy weapons. Give space marines their bolter double tap back, including heavy bolters
>>
>>48925722
Oh yeah, cause I was totally hiding.
>>
>>48925763
White has a statistical advantage over black in chess. If you didn't know that there's no helping you.
>>
>>48925763
White in chess does statistically have an advantage. Where it doesn't work is that you switch off which color you play.
>>
>>48917054
reporting in for best god
>>
Writing stats for that many ranged weapons for 40k AoS would be a nightmare.

I tried writing some house rules for Necrons and Adeptus Mechanicus and coming up with profiles and special rules for all the weapons really put me off.

It would definitely be a tough job for GW.
>>
File: image.png (825KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
825KB, 640x1136px
Has anyone puchased the General's Hanbook on the AoS app? Is it worth it?
>>
>>48926883

No shit Sherlock. Doesn't stop the fact both sides have identical play pieces that move in the same fashion. Unlike warhammer with so many different variables it can in no way shape or form be fair in a competitive sense ever. Also doesn't stop it being amusing you find it an ego boost to win at a game that is easy to "game" not to mention you think it's childish for someone to refuse to waste their own time in playing you like some sort of self punishment for not being able to afford power lists (despite it being nothing to do with affordabity) because you decided to be a bad ass table top power gamer. You puting the game in a comparison to someone refusing to play chess because they chose white or black is nothing similar what so ever. You thinking it is, is very telling. Again, "that guy" with no self awareness at all.
>>
File: 1471237029799.png (2MB, 1017x767px) Image search: [Google]
1471237029799.png
2MB, 1017x767px
>>48927024
Got mine for IOS and love it, its great for the price and it backs into the AOS app fully and locks a bunch of shit you can then use in the Warscrolls section/army builder.

While the My Battle part of the app aint perfect its really cool that they added it at all and will only get better. Having all my warscrolls and my opponents handy on my ipad + being able to see the points was super fucking helpful when I was playing this weekend, oh and comes with a copy of the rules too!
>>
File: AOS Khorne (1).jpg (264KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
AOS Khorne (1).jpg
264KB, 2048x1536px
>>48917054
also reporting in for blood and skulls, Will be doing up a Bloodbound + daemons army soon. Just hacked up thing to use as a daemon prince the other day.
>>
>>48927062
>Unlike warhammer with so many different variables it can in no way shape or form be fair in a competitive sense ever.
So no one should ever "waste their own time playing" this game at all since, by your own words, someone is going to have an advantage or disadvantage in every match.

>(despite it being nothing to do with affordabity)
So why are you the only person here mentioning that at all? Like what? Are you schitzo or something?

Your delirious nonsensical tantrum and you screaming insults at someone online is also quite telling about your insufferabilty as well.

The guy asked "how do I counter this" and the immediate reply is "oh just tell him to fuck off", yea that is absolutely childish, and it's not the advice the first poster was asking for.
>>
Hey AoS general.

Getting my first three minis tomorrow. Anyway my main problem is that I fear I'm gonna fill in details with my rattle cans of primer, Instead I'm thinking about priming from the pot.

Should I be this worried about rattlecan priming? Should I just prime from the pot and if so should I thin the primer?
>>
>>48927859
just spray from a good distance, use thin coats, and be aware of heat and humidity if you want to prime
>>
>>48927137
what's in there, Khorgorath, Juggernaut head and what's the arm?
>>
>>48927923
Blood Thirster fist and weapon
>>
>>48927895

Should I also prime the models with parts separated? Like say for instance paint the arms torso and head seperate?

if so how do I do that exactly?
>>
File: DG.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>48921990
Lol, thats my stormhosts color pretty much, i really need to upload more pictures of it for use on 4chan
>>
>>48927024
its just an ebook
>>
>>48928085
get it threw the app since it is cheaper than form black library
>>
>>48928016
depends on the model, if you decide to paint parts separately you can use a flight stand or equivalent to spray something and paint it and just use super glue( one that won't remove paint) to put it together.

I usually do this for cavalry models
>>
>>48928069
Thin your metallics more. Otherwise that looks pretty good.
>>
>>48919000
If you dig Orcs, er, Orruks, then BoneSplitterz have a strong anti-Monster theme, & the IceBone WarClan would look cool on the table with their white boars & ice weapons . . .
>>
>>48928750
Just pick one, no one cares which.

Don't play that shitty passive aggressive game.
>>
Squad of Vargheists or squad of Crypt Flayers?
Luckily they look similar, and cost the same, i'm just wondering who on paper are better
>>
File: image.jpg (691KB, 2244x2700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
691KB, 2244x2700px
Did I do better anons?
I'm really not sure if I want to highlight them up to white like the Deathwatch minis by GW...
Also I'm unable to paint realistic eyes so they either stay that way or I give them a blueish glow, is it out of the question lorewise?
>>
>>48924917

Lol. It's what I'm here for.
>>
>>48929705
Also fuck that dagger looks like ass..
>>
>>48922626
Refusing to play just because you think you're gunna lose is the faggiest thing ever.
>>
>>48929705
Leave the eyes like that if you can't do it, and why'd you leave the weird light blue on the shield?

And don't ever go up to white on black, you want a grey. I'd suggest Abbadon Black>Nuln Oil>Eshin Grey>Dawnstone.
>>
>>48929705
>>48929763

Alternatively, if you want a darker edge highlight, go Abbadon Black>Nuln Oil>Skavenblight Dinge>Stormvermin Fur
>>
>>48929763
I want to think that weirld blue glow helps so the scheme isn't so grim...
>>
>>48929811
It looks messy and somewhat out of place, I'd just get rid of it. It'd look fine without it, anyway.
>>
>>48929831
Should I maybe change the shield insignia to the same blueish hue metal/silver then?
>>
>>48929839
The same as the hammer, you mean?

Yeah, give that a try, it'll look better than the blue glow at any rate.
>>
>>48925763
>>48925763
No it's like refusing to play someone at chess because you think/know they're better than you you fucking idiot

I bet you got your mom to write you a note so you could sit out on sports day didn't you
>>
>>48927062
>too many variables to ever be competetive

WOOAHHH sorry league of legends guys but I'm going to have to cAncel you're £1million tournament cause ur game has too many variables and is therefor not competetive
>>
File: tumblr_nyaej3kfD31qh9x2so2_1280.jpg (237KB, 1280x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyaej3kfD31qh9x2so2_1280.jpg
237KB, 1280x683px
>>48923507

>not being able to understand the difference of "a game" and "having a game"

There is a difference between having a game, where both players have a chance of winning, due to tactical options and dice rolls. And having a game where you play the part of being someone's doormat, because they brought a WAAC list to the table.
It isn't about playing or not playing, its a question about asking the question the reason behind the game. Why do we play? And why do we enjoy this hobby? Because we want to have a good time, we want to enjoy ourselves, and simply have fun.
Now, for the Sylvaneth player in question, he might be having a good time, as he seems to have a good list in his current meta, no matter your own personal opinion about this players chosen army. The problem being, his opponent might not be so entertained by his monster list.
The question I ask myself is this, while you have no problem saying "its up to the player at hand to buy a new army, to play and loose or to simply git gut and advance his army. You have a big problem of the alternative view, where you say that the Sylvaneth player could simply change up his list so that the game becomes fun for both players.
Why is it always the underdog who must change his way of playing and not the other way around, when clearly this is a game with very poor balance at best if all you do is look at the points?

When you build a list, ask yourself, would I field this during a open play. Could I stand after a victory, with a grin on my face, when all I have to back me up is my moral fiber, and not the ability to point at a poorly sketched points reference printed in the last 4 pages of a 160 page book designed for scenario play.

So to conclude, your a fucking cunt, and I feel sorry for the people who must spend time with a person with your character.

>I brought netlist´o the month to curbstomp you bitches! Now play me, or you're all WAAC players who are afraid to loose
>>
>>48929899
>4 pages in the back of a 160 page book designed for scenario play

If it wasn't for those 4 pages literally nobody would be playing this game right now.

Aos was dead on arrival and revived by points. You're just lying to yourself if you think otherwise
>>
>>48929939
No proof.
>>
>>48923990

>I'm such a hardcore player who actually compete in my games!
>Playing AoS

Chose one, because frankly, it sounds like you got lost mate.
>>
File: caballero-lugubre-i.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
caballero-lugubre-i.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>48929939

Well, as there clearly was players before you got here, you proved your own statement wrong from the beginning.
And believe it or not, but those players actually built up a meta long before your hairy ass came over from the worst part of the 40k forums.

Because you are the worst kind of player. You are the player that has always been the cancer of 40k. The player that justify everything with points costs and that your world view is the new law and order that everyone must abide by.
You play the game for your own amusement, and thats the only reason. You don't care for the game, or the hobby at all, because winning is the name of the game.
You're the player who buys in to the whole netlist´o the month, and stick by it. Actually believing yourself being a good player, because you win with pre-written armies a 5 year old could have calculated is absurdly good vs most other lists, and a nightmare to face if you play AoS for what it is, a miniature hobby with rules added. You are the type of player who copied the points cost of the Generals Handbook from the internet, not even caring for the rest of the book, hell, not even the introduction of the Matched play rules. Using points to justify unfair matches, because you clearly have no moral fiber to back you up.

And you put the final nail in the coffin of proclaiming yourself the ultimate cunt by "teasing" players to play you, or they are the WAAC players. All concluded, and I think most of the AoS community are with me on this, you really are a complete shit person, go kill yourself.

>Being this bad at cherry picking

Stop doing it, you clearly suck at that to.
>>
>>48930092
If you don't like me outsmarting you via points here's an idea; decline all points games and only play open.

I gurantee you get 0 games (proving me right that points saved aos)
>>
>>48930982
>I gurantee you get 0 games (proving me right that points saved aos)

No proof.
>>
>>48929899
>where you say that the Sylvaneth player could simply change up his list
That's literally exactly what the guy was trying to get advice for you miserable cumstain. He directly asked, verbatim, what army he could use to to counter the the other player. He wasn't fucking whining like a little queer about the guy being unfair or his "4 treeman and drycha" somehow being a netlist.

>hey this guy has some stuff, how do i counter it?
>SCREEEE DON'T PLAY HIM WAACFAGS RUIN EVERYTHING
Jesus shitfagging christ, and you have the fucking gall to call anyone else else a cunt. Fuck yourself sideways.
>>
>>48917054
Bringing the out on saturday to slaughter Dwarfs, Eternals and Skaven in a 4-way FFA. Skulls for Khorne!
>>
>>48930982

>Outsmarting via points
>copy paste netlist´o the month
>In a game with little to no "points worth balance"

Yea, you're a real brainiac, I can tell.

We use the points exactly as GW describes them in the Generals Handbook, a reference value, to give players a "frame" to work around. This is the exact wording in the book, and you would know this if you owned the book. Its only stupid 40kids that migrate here because no one wanted to play them in 40k anymore. Instantly believing themselves better than the AoS players, and making shit up as if it was "law".

The points are there, simply to give players a "how to play fair for dummies", its for new players who have a hard time grasping how much to bring to the table, and for idiots like yourself who don't mind tabling newbies on T2, because you brought everything but the kitchen sink to the table.

Now, I know your a troll, and a bad one to boot. I also know your out of content to ad to your argument, and thus have fallen in to the "Ill start to cherry pick his posts, that way I'm sure to win this debate" idea. Soon you will be searching to correct me on a spelling error, because by then you're out of arguments completely. And still believing you are the winner of a completely unnecessary internet argument that doesn't mean much. Because thats how you work, you just want to win... at everything, as nothing else seems to matter to your pathetic existence.
>>
>>48930982
people at my store are starting on get into it so I guess its working

btw the WF total games I saw was Zero so yeah
>>
>>48929705
Much better
>>
>>48931062

Your not very good at cherry picking, so do yourself a favor just stop, its embarrassing.

Now, as I mentions along with the picking of your choice, he had several options, several had already been mentioned, and I mentioned that he could try to make the Sylvaneth player change his list for a more fun gaming experience.

Again, why should it always be the underdog player who must switch up his game, when playing in a hobby that focuses on miniatures? Why cant the Sylvaneth player, just the same, change up his army to make the game more interesting. Its a game for two, not a single player mode where your goal is to curbstomp your opponent. Its a scenario driven experience that focus on beautiful armies to tell a tale when you play a battle.

If you want balance from points, and points alone, go over to the Warmahordes section, I think you will find it way more to your taste.
So again;

>Hardcore tournament player
>Being in the AoS general

Chose one.
>>
>>48929705

Much better. But as others have mentioned, remove the blue glow effect. If you want simple contrast, paint the gem in his belt red or something, no glow no nothing, just red with highlights. You can also paint the handle in a brighter color if you want him to not look so grim, as well as doing the lightning on the shield in a white´ish color. Also, you could do the blue in a much brighter blue, to make him look not so dark.
>>
>>48920731
how the fuck do you hold a tourny ?

can you post the ruleset ? must be huge
>>
>>48931734
Not really. The rules we have right now are fine. Great, in fact,
>>
So anyone working on anything today?

Probably going to get a start on my Exalted Flamer.
>>
>>48931796
so you actually play with triumphs and sudden dead. what ?
>>
>>48932656
Slavposter out.
>>
File: moonclan.png (70KB, 783x606px) Image search: [Google]
moonclan.png
70KB, 783x606px
Heres A moonclan list ive been working on with the great moonclan formation. Pretty solid list i must say so far
Any suggestions on how to configure what the moonclan grots to be equipped with, already built 10 with spears and shields, what should the other 2 be?
>>
>>48932673
thats whats in the rules boi.

also about 8 pieces of magic terrain on each table.
>>
>>48932656
I use the Pitched Battle rules, as used for tournaments, which doesn't have the Sudden Death rule and has an altered Triumphs rule from Open Play Triumphs.

This is all in the General's Handbook, anon. Do keep up.
>>
File: Sigmar.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
Sigmar's crimes against Nagash (Focusing on AoS only)

1-Electing himself as the leader of the Realm Pantheon instead of acknowledging that Nagash's seniority and experience meant he was the most deserving of the position
2-Turning his hammer and armies against Nagash and Shyish all while Chaos was invading
3-Abandoning Nagash to his fate and refusing to send aid when Archaon invaded Shyish
4-Stealing souls from Nagash, even the souls of those loyal to Nagash in life.
5-Creating a new form of magic that's lethal to Nagash's Undead and to himself
6-Stealing the idea behind Nagash's necromancy and seemingly "perfecting" it rendering Nagash's own form of it obsolete

So who is the REAL bad guy?
>>
>>48932886
Nagash left Sigmar at the most important battle and as a result fucked everything and everyone.

If he hadn't left, almost none of that would have happened.
>>
>>48932729
yeah no. nowhere does it say you should ignore the sudden dead rule for pitched battle.

and for triumphs its even worse. a 1 point difference gives you a free reroll or whatever free shit you get for having 1 point less then your opponent.
>>
>>48932983
>1 point difference gives you a free reroll

You played any matched game yet? The difference between 2 force can't less then 20(unless your reinforcement point is a weird number).

>nowhere does it say you should ignore the sudden dead rule
GHB said house rules as you wish.
>>
>>48932886
Sigmar is just as much a bad guy as pretty much anyone else in AoS. The game just views him as the protagonist because Chaos is uber evil.

The only true "good guys" in fantasy were Settra, the original Phoenix king, and the first generation Slann. Everything after that is edgy nonsense.
>>
>>48932983

Not that anon but;

>You can use any of the rules resented in this and other Warhamnmer Age of Sigmar publications when fighting your battles,

>The Pitched battle rules presented in this section provide a great example of how to play a tournament, but when it comes to organizing a competitive gaming event, the sky really is the limit.

And the whole section about "house rules" is pretty clear that GW have put in the rules, that you as a Tournament organizer, are free to use the rules as you see fit, as long as everyone abides by them. This is as clear as day for anyone not a complete rule lawyering faggot who recently migrated from 40k.
>>
>>48933179
>The only true "good guys" in fantasy were Settra
Explain.
I never got a thing for TK. I thought he was just a conqueror?
>>
>>48933231
He is a douchebag conqueror who wanted to be immortal.

He isn't really good or really evil.

No idea why that guy sees him as good.
>>
>>48933244
Thanks.
I guess because of memes then...
>>
>>48933183
>>48933106
holy fucking shit you guys are retards.

i asked for the house rules of that fucking tournament in my first posts. then he claims there are none and i countered it.

no you guys are coming back to saying its house rules instead of answering the initial question that asked what the house rules are.

>>48933106
WOOOOOOOW 20 POINTS DIFFERENCE
thats definitely worth a free special rule. in this game 1 or 20 points is the fucking same.
>>
>>48932983
Original guy you replied to here.

Nowhere does it say to use Sudden Death. It says you can make use of Triumphs, but not Sudden Death.

That means you don't use the Sudden Death rule for Matched Play.
>>
>>48933281
It's pretty obvious you don't like AoS and are only here to bait and troll.

Please leave, and stop shitting up these threads.
>>
>>48933331
>hey what house rules do your tournamentS use

>FUCK UF TROLL
>>
>>48933320
nowhere does it say to use the rules for unit coherency or shooting or any of the rules. its assumed you use all rules unless stated differently

triumph uses a different table. it doesn't say you dont use sudden dead.
>>
>>48933359
>>48933347

You've been shitting up the thread by starting stupid fights and insulting people for the past 3 days if not more.

I know it's you because you're the only guy who says Sudden Dead.
>>
>>48933281

The guy said he used the pitched battle rules, my answer was from the pitched battle rules.

To conclude -

>I use the pitched battle rules

>No where does it say you should ignore the sudden dead rule for pitched battle

My answer told you exactly what it said in the book, based on the question at hand. You can pick and chose which rules you want for a pitched battle tournament setting.

Now stop being a retard and go read a book.
>>
>>48933231
>>48933244
Sigmar used to be Conan, the most bro tier human in the setting. The guy who gave mankind the chance to build a society and found the formal empire. Then they made him the exact opposite as a giant norse-meets-Zeus shit sandwich.

Settra was one of the only really human heroes, sure he was a tyrant, but he ruled the first real human civilization, led it to ultimate prosperity and told both Nagash and the chaos Gods the fuck off when it mattered.

People liked Sigmar because he was the original "Human" hero, earning a place for humanity by his own hammer and will. Then they made him a mystical god and ruined the whole point of the character, making Settra the runner up. Only after he "died" did any of it actually go to shit anyway.
>>
>>48921806
>Treelords and Drycha

>"I wont play that, because its an unfair list next to mine"

...So what else would you prefer your opponent to take? Because there's not an awful lot to choose from!

Kurnoth Hunters? Alarielle?
>>
>>48922511
Exactly, Treelords are staple in a Sylvaneth army. They're appropriately costed too.

Regular Treelords are poo
Treelord Ancients are 300pts and never generate forests anyway
Durthu is 400pts and you'd have to be insane to take more than 1
>>
>>48919000
mortal wounds
>>
>>48933372
is it really that hard to comprehend this question
>>48931734

it literally asked what you changed and all you can answer me with over and over again is to refer to the book that says you can change the rules.

no shit sherlock.

i asked what was changed.
>>
>>48925062
>They can be

Any army can be

>you can put down 3 citadel woods per cast, letting you very quickly plonk down woods everywhere

Nearly impossible in practice.

-Each wood has to be placed a set distance from other terrain or models
-Sylvaneth can't even teleport out if there are enemies within 9" and need to fit a whole unit within 3"
-1/6 chance for every individual model unless it's a Hero or Monster. The likelihood of this ever being anything more than a nuisance is extremely low in reality and very avoidable.
-Spells need to be cast, abilities need to be rolled, and in all my games so far, have a terrible success rate.
>>
>>48923888
>7 tree men, Dryca , Celestial Prime, Allariel and 200 hand gunners + 4 Hurricanum

Thats about 5000pts without battleline or Sylvaneth allegiance.

Sylvaneth armies are hard enough to build
>>
>>48919000
>has like 4 treemen and Drycha
...and?

That's not bad.
>>
I've had a crazy idea;

LEADERS
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (700)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Grot Warboss On Great Cave Squig (80)

UNITS
Moonclan Grots x 20 (120)
Grot Fanatics x 4 (120)
Cave Squigs x 20 (240)
Grot Squig Herders x 6 (60)

MONSTERS
Colossal Squig (300)

BATTALIONS
Great MoonClan (80)

Now hear me out, all the moonclan grots are equipped with nets. Gordrakk uses his command ability on the batallion giving each grot unit 100 attacks in 2" and the squigs 60 attacks at 1" doing d3 damage each. Alternatively, the squigs could be a mangler squig for other crazy results.

Am i going mad here?
>>
>>48921084
I like just about everything about it. All the reasons I had for quitting fantasy with 8th edition have been fixed with AoS.

It took me a while to realise this though. The first couple of months of AoS came across so wrong that I only felt like giving it a chance after they started releasing the grand alliance books.
>>
>>48933510
>7 tree men, Dryca , Celestial Prime, Allariel and 200 hand gunners + 4 Hurricanum

That is not even close to being broken...

5000pts
Archaon
Harbinger of Decay
Harbinger of Decay
Harbinger of Decay
Harbinger of Decay
Harbinger of Decay
6 varanguard
6 varanguard
6 varanguard
6 varanguard
6 varanguard

Once Archaon pops his command ability everything gets five 5+ saves on any wound after their saves. Its basically an unkillable tide of 30 of the strongest models in the game.

Should wipe that entire army out with no problem, hell I would be surprised if this list even suffered a casualty.

Remember, when it comes to OP shit Chaos always wins in games over 3000.
>>
>>48933611
>$1350 for 36 unkillable models

I now understand the "price of true power" chaos is always talking about. But seriously, fuck that list.
>>
>>48933470

Is it really this hard to understand that you have received an answer to the question you just asked.
I think you need to go back and re-read what you just asked before jumping to accusation on what is what.

I know what your getting at, the guy said he used the pitched rules, and you immediately jumped on the train if he used the rules for Sudden death. He said no and you wanted to know where it says in the rules (as in the fucking Generals Handbook) that you don't use it.
Now we are several anons here explaining this, in plain English, that its up to each and every organizer, and it even says so in the rules. If your not able to understand this simple thing, I think you just should quit the hobby. No one would ever want to play a retard such as you, that makes such a big fuss over just about nothing.
>>
>>48933611
Seraphon can have nigh-unkillable units in 1000 pt games, this list isnt anything special
>>
What do people think of the Nova Open's competitive Age of Sigmar event? I think the missions are kind of interesting and am glad they chose 1500, as that seems the best size per unit.

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQIsxdnUC3OjPHUxMiCRblcEzGoUqSbkfPnx8CI4PWE/pub?utm_source=NOVA+Open+Primers+Are+Here%21%21&utm_campaign=2015+NOVA+Open+Wrap-Up+and+Results&utm_medium=email
Since it started the Nova pretty much sets the precedent for events throughout the US, especially the eastcoast, when it comes to competitive gaming. Already 4 shops I know of are basing their events off its structure and were waiting for Nova to kind of "break the ice" with tournament play.

What do you all think? I have 2 friends going to Nova, one is doing their narrative event and the other is going narrative then the GT.
>>
>>48933657
>>48932729
>which doesn't have the Sudden Death rule

how hard is it to read?
>>
>>48933796

Yes, he mentions it doesn't have the Sudden death rule, and if you read the words

>you decides what to keep in, or keep out

You have the answer right there. Not that your 40k way of rule lawyering would ever let this through as a pass, but it still doesn't change the fact that its right there in front of you.

So while they might have interpreted it as the Sudden Death rule is not active, based on factors unknown. That still doesn't change the fact of what it says in the Generals Handbook. get that through your head!

So again, you are being a massive cunt over just about nothing. You clearly haven't red any of the rules regarding "free options" as this is to much for your strict do-or-don't thinking, so why try and fight over it when you know your wrong.
>>
Hopefully you guys can help me, i just checked the GW page and noticed that the bretons have disappeared.
Are these minis gone for good?
>>
File: 118980851_Money_369264c.jpg (26KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
118980851_Money_369264c.jpg
26KB, 620x413px
>>48933948
They will probably return as an FW line
>>
>>48933948
Yes, they have rules for people who already have them but GW doesn't make the miniatures anymore.

Brettonia simply doesn't exist in the Age of Sigmar setting lore wise and thus they join the Tomb Kings as being erased.

They MIGHT comeback or be referenced but there will be no new models or rule updates for them.

Granted they are one of the strongest order armies in the game, but the miniatures need to be hunted down/ made out of 3rd party miniatures.

Some faggot (this guy >>48933989) keeps saying they are going to be forgeworld while others hope they will be a Varanguard style super cavalry box set.

No one knows and no one has any sources for any rumors at this time.
>>
>>48934002
>>48933989

Fuck. I always loved the look of their infantry units and knights but never bothered buying some of them.
Well, maybe i can find a few boxes on ebay ;_;
>>
>>48933715
Can they apply those buffs to every unit in the army like Chaos can? I know they can make one unit insane but can they give every unit the same kind of buff? Because of Archaon every command trait pops at the same time, can the lizardmen do the same while following the rule of one and only having one general?

The idea of two impossible to kill armies wasting 5+ turns on each other sounds funny as shit.
>>
>>48933471
>-Each wood has to be placed a set distance from other terrain or models
just one inch, right? That shouldn't be hard.

>-Sylvaneth can't even teleport out if there are enemies within 9" and need to fit a whole unit within 3"
Being able to teleport anywhere within 9" of your opponent, be it closer or away, is still a massive advantage though

>-1/6 chance for every individual model unless it's a Hero or Monster. The likelihood of this ever being anything more than a nuisance is extremely low in reality and very avoidable.
There are lots of expensive high wound units that really feel those 1's.

>-Spells need to be cast, abilities need to be rolled, and in all my games so far, have a terrible success rate.
It's a 6+, you're going to get it off at least half the time on average.
>>
>>48934014
Good luck mate, the entire army price wise is inflated as fuck. Granted you don't need as many models as before but still. Its getting crazy out there.
>>
>>48934052
I don't want them to play AoS or anything, just wanted a few units for my shelf and now i had a few spare bucks and discovered that they are gone from the gw site. I already saw some extremely high prices for basic stuff on ebay..
>>
>>48934074
Oh then just grab a battalion box and call it a day. Maybe a spare Pegasus knight.
>>
>Told myself i wouldn't start my Death army until my 1k Sylvaneth force was done
>Bought over 50% of it today
>It's sitting there, calling to me
At least the trip to the FLGS seemed like they have a decent community
>>
this evening im facing a khorne bloodhound army 2k points against my friend with my stormcasts , any suggestions on any formation/units especially useful?
>>
>>48934202
Take out the bloodsecrator/stokers asap.
>>
>>48933911
holy shit you really cant read at all

>>48931734
>can you post the ruleset

again and again you keep repeating yourself. i never asked if you could change the rules. i asked for the ruleset you fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>48930092
> and I think most of the AoS community are with me on this
Can't speak for the others, but I agree 100%.
>>
File: 1k.png (5KB, 197x191px) Image search: [Google]
1k.png
5KB, 197x191px
>>48933561

I could make that army
>>
>>48933760
Fuck that last mission totally fucks my Dwarves up royally, like what were they thinking?

"whats that, the Tzeentch army took 6 wizard units to your 0? Well good luck killing them with your 6 inch guns of mediocrity. "

Fuck I would need a runelord JUST to be able to do anything...

I see the point, to royally fuck any shooting spam list out the gate, but man its brutal and lopsided as fuck.
>>
>>48932591
Painting my Skaven clanrats and warlord (the old metal stormvermin champion model). Stegadon scale green armour
>>
File: 3454334532145.jpg (103KB, 484x816px) Image search: [Google]
3454334532145.jpg
103KB, 484x816px
>>48934202
if instead of the stormcast ,since order battle traits and items are nearly worthless and i wanted to try the new beastclaw alliegance abilities, i put up this list , the skal formation is for heroes hunting
>>
>>48934577
As long as you can down the bloodsecrators you should be fine. Blood warriors and Bloodreavers are just average is they don't get buffed. You should be fine. Bloodbound also struggles with monsters so you should be especially durable against them.
>>
>>48930092
Here here
>>
>>48934662
if i know him he would problably field both bloodsecrator and bloodstokers, along with a mighty lord of khorne and probably a bloodthrister as heroes, i was thinking to take out his bloodsecr/bloodstoker combo with the skal formation with hunter and frost sabres, then from the other side charge the hell out of him with the rest of the army , simple but effective, and maybe use the yetees to countercharge and stop his mighty skullcrushers
>>
Anyone have any advice on running Clanrats?
Or any Skaven advice in general?
>>
>>48935005

Take the banner

Whatever battalion or ability that gives them -1 rend is pretty good

Stormvermin are breddy ok

Stormfiends are neat
>>
>>48934577

Order allegiance ability isn't worthless for Stormcast since you have exactly one Bravery ability (Celestant on Dracoth) and your Phoenix guard equivalent liberators are bravery 6.

And Order items are absolutely not useless, having a flat out +1 damage relic can make any order hero very dangerous
>>
Does anyone have a link to the Skaven formations that are in the Chaos battletome?
>>
>>48934036
>an they apply those buffs to every unit in the army like Chaos can?
With proper positioning, yes

You can have a whole army of 2+ rerollable save saurus guard that ignore Rend -1 and a Bastiladon with 2+ rerollable save that ignores all rend and ignores mortal wounds on 4+. Throw Starlight on them to give the enemy -1 to Hit as well

>Because of Archaon every command trait pops at the same time, can the lizardmen do the same while following the rule of one and only having one general?

Yes
>>
>>48935239
This. Celestant on Dracoth makes you totally ignore Battle Shock but the Celestant on foots command ability is absolutely insane for Retributors (and any unit that gets mortal wounds on 6+ rolls) so youll find yourself dropping COD for better buffs, and then your low bravery is a real sticking point.

Rerolling battle shock is actually really good for Stormcast
>>
>>48935576
I don't play lizards, how does this madness work? I need to know what I'm up against when I finally play my store's lizard player...
>>
>>48935599
>Age of Sigmar General Anonymous 08/21/16(Sun)08:28:28 No.48915653▶>>48916415
>>resources
>pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Celestant on foot is your go-to General unless you can think of a reason not to, full stop. He gets way gayer with a Hurricanum, retributors do 2 mortal wounds on a 4+ to hit.

The Celestant on StarDrakes ability is actually pretty good if you take at least 4 Dracothian with him, especially if you have a source for a +1 to Wound. He wants that Legendary Fighter trait with the Relic blade artifact, that + a hit buff allows him to actually be quite respectable on the charge.
>>
Do you guys think anyone will have a problem with me using Ghoul models for Zombies?
Zombies look so shit
>>
>>48935655
Bloodclaw Starhost allows any Saurus Hero to use a command ability while they are near a Saurus Oldblood and gives all Saurus Knights, Warriors, and Guard 2x bite attacks instead of 1.
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur ability gives all Saurus heroes +2 attacks with any melee weapon.
Saurus Oldblood gives all Saurus nearby reroll wound 1
Saurus Scarveteran on Carnosaur gives 1 unit of Saurus "generate extra attack on hit 6"
Saurus Scarveteran on Cold One gives reroll hit 1 to all Saurus nearby and bonus attacks for Saurus Knight Cold One Bite attacks

Saurus Guard are 4+ save normally, 3+ while near any Seraphon hero. Ignore Rend -1.
2 attacks each 3+/3+ Rend-1
Battalion buffs the save to 2+
Being near Eternity Warden gives them +1 Attack

Skink Priest has a 4+ ability to give every unit within 8" rerollable run, charge, and save

Skink Starseer gives you 1-6 rerolls every turn and a unique spell that lets you increase or decrease a dice roll in each phase. Can also buff any creature with a Bite attack to deal double damage on wound 6 (very good on Carnosaur).

Skink Priest has a unique spell that gives enemies -1 to Hit

Bastiladon is 3+ save, ignores all Rend. Ignores all Mortal Wounds on 4+.
Use Mystic Shield to turn it into a 2+ save.

Seraphon are all about buff stacking, it gets pretty crazy at 2000+ point games. The best part is you can run any number of heroes if you bring a Slann to summon them into play.
>>
>>48935798
Forgot to mention 2 more critical buff heroes:

Saurus Sunblood ability lets you reroll all Saurus hit rolls against one enemy unit within 15"
Saurus Astrolith Bearer gives you +1 casting, +8" range on spells, and reroll all hits for all Seraphon units. Can summon him into the front lines and drop the banner right away, unlike other totem units that have to run into the proper spot.
>>
legitimately considering taking this to a tournament, might get its shit wrekt but there's plenty of accurate shooting and two big 2+ rerolling 1's armor save death blobs/dragon.

I actually took out the usual Heraldor as I think I've come to appreciate how strong Fulminator shooting is within 3", especially with that absurd 2+ to hit, thanks to the hurricanum.
>>
Help me out lads, I need ideas for Realm of Metal bases.

Figure my Tzeentch Daemons would fit right in.
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 1242x2208px
>>48935843

Of course I forgot the actual list
>>
New errata for Silver Tower just came out, it's in the Mega now or you can get from the GW site

On a similar note, how is Silver Tower? Can I play with some friends who no nothing about Warhammer?
How easy is the assembly and do you have to actually paint them?
>>
>>48935775

I would if you just used models as proxy. This is a model by model game, a game that puts focus on you, building and painting a amazing army that looks as good as you can make it.

To simply say "well, this guy will have to count as my standard bearer" or "This unit X will have to count for model Y" simply because they are the better option in your army, is just bad taste if you ask me.
If you want zombies, but don't like the model, you get alternative models from a third party producer or convert. So, If you take zombie heads for instance, and swap them with ghouls, there you go, now you have gone from a proxy to a conversion, which to me, personally is much more appropriate.
But hey, thats just me, I dislike unpainted armies as well as proxy, so I might be the strange guy here in /tg/ I don't know...
>>
>>48935871
Metallic gravel with some molten metal/lava flows?
I am thinking sand painted silver wish a light wash of Gulliman Blue.

If you wanted to be a bit more "realistic", I suppose you could make it look sort of like the surface of Mars, but where is the fun in that.
>>
>>48935979
I like the silver sand idea. Maybe throw in a rock and paint it gold.
>>
>>48935970
Even if i paint the Standard bearer and noise maker an obvious different colour as well as inform/write down what is what?

Surely it's a bigger problem if the base sizes were different? Or i was running zombies AND ghouls in the same list
>>
>>48935958
You can play with friends who know nothing about Warhammer. No real knowledge about the world outside of the game is required, since it has its own rules and it is all pretty self contained.
I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself (Started assembling it all the other day), but I heard it is fun.

The models are not difficult to assemble. The instructions are straight forward, and there is generally only one way to fit each model together, and if you dry-fit it before gluing, you can't really go wrong.
They have a shit ton of obvious mould lines on some models though, so that can get frustrating if you want to get rid of them.

Also yes, you do have to paint them. They arrive on sprues like any other Games Workshop plastic.
>>
>>48935005
Use your shooting to your advantage. Run clan Verminus to maximize your General's efficiency. Always bring a Bsb, and try to run 40 or 30. 40,use spears, 30 use hand weapons.
>>
>>48935995
>>48935979

I'm always worried that silvered sand would look too much like that Spongebob episode, where everything in the future is chromed.
>>
File: future.gif (403KB, 245x145px) Image search: [Google]
future.gif
403KB, 245x145px
>>48936136
>tfw Tzeentch Daemon in the Realm of Metal
>>
>>48936136
That is why you will need something to break it up, like some molten metal flows, or >>48935995.

If I was going to do it, I would either paint it Leadbelcher, wash with Nuln Oil, Drybrush with a bright silver then do a thinned down wash of Gulliman blue to kind of tint the metal, or I would use a darker metal colour, like Warplock Bronze.
>>
>>48936155
kek
>>
>>48935999
Not the guy you're replying to, but if I may make a suggestion:
If you think Zombies look like shit from the photo in Grand Alliance:Death, don't worry. Give them a paintjob that is nice and dark and earthy and not the horrible pastel colors they use in that book and the Zombie models actually look damn decent.
>>
>>48935999
>>48936212
They look shit because they're one of the oldest models still available from gw.
>>
>>48936242
Yeah, because that's totally an argument. The Space Wolves Runepriest made of metal, way back from third edition, still looks better and more detailed than every Runepriest sculpt since then, so age is really not a deciding factor.

And again, a decent paint job can make even old-ass models look amazing, especially Zombies, who look damn good is you paint them, you know, like dead guys who just shoveled their way out of the grave.
>>
>>48936212
I've already bought the ghouls, and really, unless you know all of GWs model range, they look like zombies anyway

Then again Zombies are just reanimated dead - who said they CANT be ghoul models :^)
>>
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/warhammer-tv-announces-live-streaming.html
Thoughts?
>>
>>48936320
That's cool.

More important is to ask what people think about the 180 gw are pulling on actually talking to the fanbase.
>>
>>48936342

Its like a father who beats you as a child but starts to threat you nice because he might end up in jail because you're starting to learn he shouldn't be doing that shit
>>
>>48933370
Oi don't let slavposter steal my thunder points saved aos and if you go 20 points over you can legit fuck off and that sormcast guy who paints em a shit rusty green is bad at painting
>>
File: 1338769582176.jpg (181KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
1338769582176.jpg
181KB, 363x321px
>>48933370

The guy you're responding to is a prick but he's right about points saving AoS and not throwing your models on the table like a bucket of little green soldiers and making fighting sounds with your mouth that was narrative play
>>
>>48934304
I feel like he must be trolling you an it's legit frustrating me. He's either retarded as fuck or he's a master triggerer
>>
File: zomb1.jpg (66KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
zomb1.jpg
66KB, 600x350px
>>48935999

>Even if i paint the Standard bearer and noise maker an obvious different color as well as inform/write down what is what?

Yes, because again, this is a model by model game. Things like standard and musician doesn't even cost points, it simply states that one of your men in that unit may carry a standard. If thats the only demand there is then the least you could do is make one fucking guy hold a banner in my opinion!
When you proxy, when you "counts as" you turn away from a majority of the hobby, looking only at the rules. And if you are only in it for the game, there are tons of better games out there, just take your pick.
But if you want a full time hobby, with building, painting and converting an army to make it your army, then look no further, because thats a great deal of what AoS is all about.
To meat a guy who plays all grey, with 2 models dipped in blue and red, claiming them to be different models of the unit, would be boring to say the least.

>Base sizes matters

Not in AoS it doesn't. I wouldn't give a rats ass what base you used on a model, so long as its not for obvious reasons to gain a benefit from the rules.
Had this been Warmahordes however, and you meddled with your base sizes, you would have been banned from any tournament in an instant.

But as I said, third party (pic is from Mantic games, comes in a box of 40 Zombies for under £30! And really looks the part, I bought a box for my Mordheim Undead warband), or simply paint the GW more grim. Alternatively convert them from other models. Hell, I'm planning on doing Brutes as Ogors to fill my battle line role. Ill skip the armor and give them a fist weapon and a blade! Think Ill call them Maniacs or Brawlers, hopefully they will look the part, while still looking good within my ranks of Ironjawz.
>>
>>48936575
Using orcs as ogors is proxying and I wouldn't allow it
>>
>>48936575
>Thinking it's all grey
Lmao, if it ain't painted it ain't played

Offering alternative means nothing if your store is a GW - considering that my Flying V Lord is kitbashed from Mannfred/ZD Lord and 40k Scourges is he invalid? No because it's a vampire lord that has wings.
Unless you're going to be an autist about models in which case, i hope we never meet.

Thanks for the feedback but
>base sizes don't matter in AoS
:^))))))))))))

I'll post them in the next few weeks and we'll see what people think
>>
>my army is all Slaves to Darkness, Beastmen and mixed Chaos Daemons with an Undivided them

>peoples till playing post-summer campaign are Ogors and Death

Wondering if I should even bother trying anymore.
>>
>>48935819
>>48935798
Damn, that's pretty crazy.
>>
>>48936657
>>48936646
Congrats, you've won the "absolutely zero reading comprehension" award together.
>>
>>48936752
>Brutes as Ogors
>Not an even bigger jump than Ghouls to Zombies
pick 1
Oh i see anon, it's ok when YOU do it, but us lowly peasents cannot
>>
>>48936692
Git gud.
>>
>>48919384
>I need to get the banner guy though
entire lists are centered on the Bloodsecrator... 40 Marauders at 240 pts getting 80 attacks hitting on 4s reroll 1s, and fearless... big beasties get raped
>>
File: 1343018495998.gif (322KB, 213x117px) Image search: [Google]
1343018495998.gif
322KB, 213x117px
>>48923507

>And yeah, it would be nice of the other guy to change his list, but quite frankly it's not his fault you can't beat it.

He didn't write the rules, but he did write the list. So yes, it is in fact his fault if nobody can beat it.

>Denying the ability to play because of your own inadequacies is just pathetic.

Implying that an inability to win against a WAAC army exploiting every flavor-of-the-month to ensure victory makes the other player inadequate.
>>
>>48936788
You DO realize >>48936575 explicitly spoke up AGAINST Proxies, right? And then you complained about allowing proxies to him.
Thus, no reading comprehension.
>>
>>48936858
Just drop it. That's exactly what he's implying and you won't sway his opinion. Just stop replying to him and vow to never play a game against people like him. You'll be happier that way. Getting worked up about it just makes him think he's right.
>>
File: Bait0086.jpg (4KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
Bait0086.jpg
4KB, 124x125px
>>48936883
>I'm using proxies
>hurr anon it means he's against Proxies
If his argument is "not using the standard models, means you are doing the hobby wrong" its dumb as fuck

>Kitbash my FVL
>Come up with a fun themed list
>Definition of Zombies is "animated corpse", thus my Zombies are Ghouls that have failed the Lords
Sounds like you shitters are doing the hobby wrong
>>
>>48933527
t. sylvaneth pos
>>
>>48936575
>Anyone i don't like is just some faggot with a grey army
>Anyone who enjoys the hobby differently is wrong and going against the spirit of AoS

Brilliant conclusions here, you must be very popular at your LGS.

also
>this is a model by model game.
Yeah gonna need a source on that claim buddy.
>>
>My friends are finally interested in AoS
>One player wants to run Khorne
>Here's the 1k list he constructed:

Skarbrand
Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
3x Mighty Skullcrushers
5x Blood Warriors
5x Blood Warriors

Should I be worried about him crushing everyone? I run mono-Nurgle, and we have a Seraphon and Sylvaneth players.
>>
>>48937075
>Yeah gonna need a source on that claim buddy.
Measuring is model-to-model, literally in the four page core rules.
Therefore, if you use models of a different size or shape, you are changing their hitbox, so to speak. If you build a model with spear but play it with hand weapon rules, you still get a higher amount of attacks in since the spears themselves poke through from the back row.

>Brilliant conclusions here, you must be very popular at your LGS.
Let's see here, you just complained about someone who doesn't like WAACers who don't even paint. You going against that effectively means you ARE a WAACer who doesn't even paint, defending his ilk.
So yeah, Imma guess you're the one nobody wants to play against and you're here because you can't find opponents, and you're heavily projecting on other people.
>>
>>48937164
If that's the way he wants to play it, I'd suggest you play the Glottkin at 1000 points.
>>
>>48937164
>Should I be worried about him crushing everyone?

Not at all. Scarbrand might be very powerful but the rest of his army is just some juggernaughts and two 5 man blood warrior units. The warriors are not that frightening at that size.

Basically anyone that can tie up the monster and easily sweep the chaff away.
>>
Is there anything stopping me from playing AoS with my fantasy models still in movement trays on 20mm bases? Would this be an unfair advantage or a huge weakness?
>>
>>48937164
Tarpit scarbrand and the rest are nothing

Bloodbound need buffs and synergy to work they're not mindless rush foward
>>
>>48937461
No its still works
>>
>>48937461

Sometimes I start off in trays cause it makes setup easier, but it pretty much goes out the window the first time you have to pile in or move through terrain.
>>
>>48916549
I planned it because I found those, 16 Knights for €30, score. Going to become one vampire lord and 15 Blood Knights.
>>
>>48937461
I don't think the trays will work due to unit coherency
Then again if you play that 120 handgunner list i can see it
>>
>>48936303
Anyone you play against will KNOW they are not zombies, to people that don't play they may look like zombies, but anyone you play against will know dipshit! That being said, im a death player and I personally wouldn't care if you used gouls as zombies, a along as you give them a suitable paint job and at the very minimum convert a standard bearer and noise maker, neither of which should be hard to do
>>
so.... where are the rules for this game? I downloaded the AoS big book rules and all it looks like it has is a bunch of missions?

where is the explanation of the phases / how to roll what?
>>
Hi /aosg/

I've just come into possession of some Stormcast bits. I've got 11 liberators (from the starter set + a white dwarf liberator), and 3 retributors.

Is this an army? What do I need to make it an army - preferably without using any colossal beasties?

What does a "normal" battle look like? I have no idea what to aim for.
>>
File: prepare to attack.png (129KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
prepare to attack.png
129KB, 500x371px
>>48937548
>Ghoul holding whole skeleton in the air = Standard
>Ghoul banging two bones together = Noisemaker
Add in their different colours, and done

Anyone who STILL moans means i'd just not play them - espeically if they don't notice the "unique" Lord
>>
>>48937320

How do you think the Glottkin would fare against Skarbrand? I was under the impression that he was an unholy rape machine
>>
>>48937591
Go to the GW website and look under the rules section there. It's only four pages and free.
>>
>>48937591
Last four pages. Or, you know, go to the GW website and download the rules for free and legally.

>>48937687
One-on-one? Skarbrand would eat those guys for breakfast. But it isn't about how powerful they are but about what they do for the rest of the army.
Thanks to their ridiculous buff potential, you could throw some Plaguebearers into the mix. Then with the Glottkin alone, you could increase their saves, double their wounds and double their attacks.
Not even Skarbrand can manage to kill THE toughest Battleline tarpit in the game when a model with a damage 2D6 breath attack is standing behind them. Skarbrand and the Plaguebearers more or less killed each other and the rest of the army is charging into the Glottkin? So what, the brothers can take a couple Juggs and Blood Warriors no problem.
>>
I have the chance to possibly grab a grey Brettonian army, built but unpainted. About 3000pts of the old fantasy.

I looked at their warscrolls and they seem very underwhelming. The normal knight only gets one swing and if they don't get the charge they really aren't that special.

What am I missing that I don't see. I know peasant archers are a meme good army but I don't want to play that kind of army I want to play knights and shit.

What would a good 1500pts Brett army look like that is Knight focused?
>>
>>48937607
You'll probably want a hero of some sort to lead them, but other than that you're good to go with a solid (if small, and somewhat slow) force. Lord-castellant's a nice model, and makes your tough stuff tougher.
>>
>>48936646

>Don't know the difference between proxy and conversion
>Ever setting his foot in /tg/ ever again

Scrub, get lost.
>>
>>48936657

>Yet another who doesn't know the difference between a proxy and a conversion
>In /tg/ at all

You must be lost friend, if you are serious about your comment. As I stated, a conversion is one thing, a proxy is completely another. So, learn to read what you're answering to next time.
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>48937884
>Using the whole model, except for 1 bit
>It's a conversion. not a proxy
:^)
>>
>>48935775
The anon that responded to you is retarded, and I don't think he understood what you meant.

Running ghouls as zombies is fine i feel. buy the models that look cool bud, and they kinda look the same any way.
>>
>>48937985
>they kinda look the same any way.
Watching this was fun

Thanks mate, that all i wanted to know
>>
>>48936883

Oh no, he asked specifically if anyone, I in this case (who chose to answer the post) would mind this. And I for one does, I'm not complaining as long as people are having fun. I just find it boring to play against someone who has a complete lack of interest in the hobby, and only plays grey armies all the time.

I have enjoyed games of all kinds from as long back as I can remember, and I really mean it when I say, there are better games out there that really doesn't cost as much. If you don't have the interest to paint, have no interests in the models, and is only in it for the game, your making a bad deal here.

And let me explain this a bit more in detail, as you seem to lack the understanding of miniature wargames.
A proxy is exactly what it means, its where a figure can be used to represent something that its not. Lets say for instance your friend wants to use a unit of Hexwraiths as Bloodknights, he is then using the Hexwraiths as a proxy, a stand in, for his Bloodknights he doesn't really own.

A Conversion, Is where you changes something from one use, function, or purpose to another. In the hobby of Games Workshop for instance, your friend have used various bits and bobs to convert a model, taking parts from several kits, and using his skills in Green stuff, to make a model that´s originally a Brute, to represent a Ogor on the field of battle.
You may then adapt to as how much is a conversion and so on, but as long as you and your friends are perfectly in agreement that this is a good representation of the model at hand, its all right.

I hope I enlightened a few of you gents here today.
>>
File: mostusedreactionimageihave.png (459KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
mostusedreactionimageihave.png
459KB, 870x722px
>>48937953
Here's your (You)
>>
File: banana.jpg (58KB, 436x438px) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
58KB, 436x438px
>>48938114
>implying i haven't got loads already
You can have it back, i've got plenty to spare
>>
>>48937953

>Doesn't know the models to the game he plays

Oh boy, you really are slow are you. Do you know how much Green stuff job you must put in to make the Brutes appear as they have no armor?
Do you understand that I will be making custom Spiked fists and big blades to hold?

>Still not a conversion in my book

Well fuck you man, I ain't putting this up for golden daemon, but it sure as hell fits the bill of a regular Ogor (with the right weapons and all), but still differentiate itself enough that you wont look and go "oh, brutes?". Anyone with even the slightest of interest in this game could see this, so get lost.
>>
>>48937985

>running proxy is fine by me so it must be for everyone else

Well, some of us simply take the hobby a bit more serous. But yea sure, as I mentioned, Id play him, but Id find it an extreme lack-luster. And in larger games, proxy can be a bummer if you forget what is what. Not such a biggie in AoS, but can be pure hell in other gaming systems, so I tend to simply not like it if someone does so on a regular basis. But each to his own, I don't like it, but can´t speak for others, and you like it, and speaks for the rest of the hobby world as you stated.
>>
File: bottom left.jpg (83KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
bottom left.jpg
83KB, 460x259px
>>48938162
All power to u mate - still doesn't make not a proxy if over 50% of the model is 1 thing

Assuming that original anon wasn't full of shit about that kitbashed vampire, that's the ideal of what you're talking about

So atm Him > You
>>
>>48937818
honestly the Bretts are a meme army. They are usually played by nice guys and are one of the best painted armies but they are designed, from the ground up, to be an army that NEEDS the charge to really get anything done unless you are spamming questing knights or Pegasus knights.

A big unit of 16 knights of the realm. A unit of questing, two units of Pegasus are the core just to get off the ground.

This is what I would play myself.

LEADERS
The Fay Enchantress (160)
UNITS
Knights Errant x 16 (400)
Pegasus Knights x 3 (200)
Pegasus Knights x 3 (200)
Questing Knights x 10 (360)
Men At Arms x 16 (120)

Both big squads hit like bricks with the Lady's blessing and you basically buff one with the favor of the fey and the other with mystic shield and ride right into the enemy. The shields ensure they have a 3+ save on the charge for the Fey squad and a 2+ save on the other. I would Fey the Knights of the realm and mystic the questing knights. You have a mix of high hoard removal with 2 damage lances and anti monster with questing great swords.

The Pegasus are there to royally fuck fast cavalry and backline units as well as fucking with their combat priority choices.

The men at arms either tie something up or hold back objectives.

The only problem is that if you don't get the charge your fucked. Flying monsters like Bloodthirsters can royally fuck you up.
>>
>>48938245

You know what I just red

>personal opinion
>personal opinion
>personal opinion
>This is my >personal opinion
>personal opinion
>Have a taste of my >personal opinion

Now, when you go to a game like Warmahordes, who actually has RULES for converting things. Yes, its true, they have a set or rules that a miniatures "base" (torso, legs you name it) must come from the original model it represents, and must also be wielding the exact same type of weapon (if the rules says Sword, then the model must wield one!).

But welcome to Games Workshop and the AoS, good to know your new here.

This is me > you
>>
File: Meanwhile, on Dressrosa.gif (1MB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile, on Dressrosa.gif
1MB, 320x212px
>>48938365
>Used opinion from post 1
>gets assmad when logically proven wrong
>not even good banter
Are you a yank?

Personally i like proxied/converted stuff, don't imply that your autism "its models and not base" means shit here
>>
>>48938365
Oh not to mention
>"What if i used Dragon Blades as Blood Knights?"
When painting them Red/Black makes them look 99% the same
>>
>>48938413

>Still use proxy and conversion as the same word
>Thinks he knows what the "rules" are for a conversion to counts as a conversion

Get lost scrub, you clearly are lost.
>>
File: kek.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>48938463
>doesn't know that "/" means "either/or"
:D
>>
>>48937818
Brets are shit unless you use the peasent formation, which totalling 1k points is fucking op
>>
>>48938444

Could work, a good paint-job could have me fooled. But at least the guy would have put some effort in to making them look like blood knights, so that could fly with me.

I'm mostly talking about a guy playing unit A, as unit B, simply because they are better. No conversions, no effort to paint them as such, hell for the most part, people who use proxy models also have a lot of grey in it (hmm.. wonder if that hangs together somehow?)

To me, a proxy where I live, its one guy wanting to play his unit as something better. Plain and simple. Often its one of the guys who rarely, or never paints his shit. Always nags about "pay to win" but is to cheap to spend money on his own hobby. And when he does, he buys a full new army´o the month, that again, he cant bother painting. And an army that will, in time, be just as useless (ruleswhise), as his old army, so he starts to proxy again.

Anyone else here has this guy in his store?
>>
>>48937537
They need to be within 1 inch of each other, not exactly 1 inch, so it would be allowed.
>>
>>48938261
Do you actually play brets? Cause no offense but that's a really shit list. Questing knights are useless and pegs are dogshit except for war machine hunting so u don't need 2 sets of em
>>
File: k.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>48938536
Ok so if i said that
"I want to run X model instead of Y because aesthetically Y is awful. I will obviously paint it so the same degree as the rest of my army"

But then you said that another situation, "Dragon Blades into Blood Knights" is A-OK

I'm pretty sure the original anon just wanted to see if using ghouls models as zombies would be ok due to the base sizes being the same, and that he didn't like the look of the current GW zombies
>>
>>48938536
Proxy to me is like this dude I played at my store one time. He has a bunch of chaos warriors with two hand weapons. Doesn't say shit about them during set up. 2 turns later they're in combat and he says, "Oh I never said what these warriors are armed with, so um, they have halberds so both ranks can attack."
That's some bullshit.
>>
>>48938595
The original problem I think resulted from "well can I just say this ghoul has a standard and this ghoul is the musician?" And the answer to that should be: "Only if you convert them to hold them". And this started a whole slew of bullshit going from "well just painting them differently wouldn't do it" all the way to "hurr using Orcs as Ogres not fair". So yeah, I guess this discussion is what happens when a lot of people only skim and complain.

In the end: Yes, you can use Ghouls as Zombies if you really want to. But if you want the benefits of standard bearers and musicians, have the decency of converting some to look the part.
And don't be anal about line of sight. Zombies are technically a bit taller than Ghouls, so don't be that guy when determining line of sight and all is well.

Though it does sort of elude me why you can't simply play your Ghouls as, you know, Ghouls.
>>
File: This Nigga.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>48938999
>not knowing about Death
180 points for 3 batteline that can merge into 1 unit is nice m8
Ghouls need to at least be in groups of 20 to be decent, not to mention all the Heroes that buff them

180 vs 600 is no contest - still i wonder if that anon is even still here

Ofc he is - I'm him
Glad we reached better understanding, i'll explain things better in the future
>>
>>48939075
>combining Zombies for min Battleline
Yeah, okay, there's that. But don't overestimate the size bonus on the Ghouls. Sure they get a third attack at 20+, but with 1" range you'll be hard-pressed to get them all into melee at once, thus making their size bonus kinda moot.
>>
>>48939213
Initally i did actaully have 3x20 Ghouls, since they fit the theme of "hounds" of my Vampiric Hunting Party
But alas 600+ is far too much
>>
>>48938595

Again, each to his own. If I play a lazy fucker who clearly has put no effort in to his grey blob of soldiers at all, and wants to run unit A as unit B because they are plain and simple "better", I would dislike it. Id still play him, but as stated earlier, it would affect my overall joyment of the game.
I would know I had painted my stuff to the best of my ability, converted, and modeled to fit the description of what I was playing at the time to fit a theme. And here this fat neckbeard would show up with a somewhat assembly of an army, that could have seen better days but haven't, due to the owner being a lazy bum.

If however, I run in to another player, who fields a well painted army, he feels proud to present, containing conversions and even proxys, but painted as if to be something its not (thus making it a conversion by definition... doh... oh forgot, needs rules to exchange X parts before its lawfully abiding the rules of converting). This would lift the game, it would be an experience and I would be glad to participate in this fight, as the battle would "come to life" so to speak.

And yes, the first anon was a guy who wanted to run ghouls as his zombies. Sure Id play him, why not, but I wouldn't be thrilled about it.

>Gets hammered on by virtually everyone

Yea... so this is a ... what was it... Hobby that covers, painting, converting and gaming... not just a game? Amirite?
>>
May be a dumb question, but.

I have to take two Battleline choices at 1k. I could buy, say, two groups of 10 Plaguebearers, and combine them into one unit and that would count as my two Battleline choices, right?

>I just remember in WHFB 2+ troops meant 2+ units.
>>
>>48939768
It still does. That's the main problem. You can decide to either use min size Battleline units as tax, or you can make them big enough to be useful, but then shit gets expensive real fast.
You need to play 2 individual units, so if you want to hit the size bonus for Plaguebearers, you'd have to bring 2 units of 20+ models.

This is what makes Zombies such amazing choices for Battleline, as they have a rule that lets them combine, so you can field 3 min-size units at 2000 points and then turn 1 combine them all to get the sweet size bonus. But everything else does not get to do that.
>>
>>48939768
Zombies have a special rule that allows them combine units, in general units can't join other units
>>
>>48940072
Speaking of which, there's no 'minimal distance' rule in AoS is there? So you could get a unit with shields front and a second unit with spears directly behind it, right?
>>
>>48940497
Yep. In fact, that's how most people use Paladin Protectors. Have them stand behind a shield wall of Liberators and stab people with their 3" glaives.
>>
>>48940497
>any unit that has charged or has models within 3" of an enemy unit can attack with its melee weap[ons in the combat phase
>the player whose turn it is picks a unit to attack with, then the opposing player must attack witha unit, and so on until all eligible units on both sides have attacked once each.

alls good as long as the unit is within 3"
>>
>>48940553
I think he meant minimal distance between friendly units.
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Are the warcrolls on this page all up to date? like, i can start playing with them no problem?
>>
>>48940743
Yes
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.