[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Standard Dice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polyherodice/polyhero-dice-wizard-set

Really looking forward to these dice.
Thoughts?

Any other irregular dice?
>>
File: Steel.jpg (215KB, 1200x684px) Image search: [Google]
Steel.jpg
215KB, 1200x684px
I got their previous set and really like them. They are utterly unnecessary, pointless gimmick dice, but they actually roll well and I really like the designs.

I'd love to see them do more, or other companies try it out. I'd love to see a broader variety of themes, too. Other settings like sci-fi, or dice sets based on things other than classes. A loot set of relics and treasures or a monster set of fangs, teeth and claws could be very cool.
>>
>>48915458
I just cant see these not rolling like shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do look sweet, but there is no way in hell those are balanced.
>>
>>48915494
Their previous set was sort of unbalanced, but they say that this set is fine. Everything is balanced along their central axes. All of them, save the D20, are pretty much cylinders and "tear-drops", so all that matters is keeping each face the same.
>>
>>48915550

>>48915483 here, I've been using my Warrior set for stuff and they honestly seem fine. The shield-d20 needs to be rolled a particular way, flipping it in the air before letting it drop, but it still works and the number outputs haven't been irregular.
>>
>>48915483
Loot dice that looks like actual loot would be so fucking rad, lemme tell you. I'm pretty sure that they're gonna be doing more after this set.

Fun little side-note: They have a D2 shaped like a spellbook for backers.
>>
>>48915567
The D12 and D10s look kinda unbalanced though. The others work just fine.
>>
>>48915607

The designs aren't perfectly symmetrical, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of weight distribution. My only complaint is that the d12 is a bit too round so rolling it can be a pain. I like the way they're doing the d12 in the wizard set, it'll likely work better.
>>
>>48915644
I feel like the designs are better in the wizard set. The warrior stuff is cool and all, but the D6 and D4 are supposed to be a sword and dagger. They look more like lances or something. Gauntlets seem a little strange too. I like the mace and shield though, which would likely be what a fighter would use most often. The wizard-themed stuff just sorta translates better into dice-form, I think. Though the D20 is really just a fancy D20.
>>
>>48915720

Yeah, I do think the company are improving as they go forward. And I'm all on board, because I'm a sucker who likes weird dice.
>>
>>48915737
I'm just a sucker for wizard shit. These dice are just perfect for the rare occasions where I'm a player, since all I play is wizards. The colors are pretty cool too. I really like that loot-shaped dice idea though, I should e-mail them about it or something.
>>
>>48915771

I keep meaning to mention it in the KS comments myself, I should get around to doing that.
>>
>>48915458
Just backed the Wizard set so my fiancee can get it and I just placed an order for the Warrior set (Black and Goblin Green!).

I've used odd dice for years, it helps keep my sets from slipping into anyone else set at the table since I'm the only one with barrel dice, mini dice, dice with icons for either their lowest or highest numbers and shit like that.
>>
File: 1470627442128.jpg (63KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1470627442128.jpg
63KB, 592x533px
This thread looks way too similar to one I saw earlier this week. Perfectly canned responses.

Stop trying to shill your ugly as sin dice here.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.