[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me stat this guy. My 5e players are gonna face one tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Weeping Angel.jpg (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Weeping Angel.jpg
146KB, 1366x768px
Help me stat this guy. My 5e players are gonna face one tomorrow.
>>
>>48909481
Ruined by 11th doctor out of 10
They were good for one shot villains but got shit quick just like River Song.
>>
>>48909481
Shitloads of health and CON, given that they're made of fucking rock.
At least 20 str given that they snap necks with no apparent effort.
Maybe low dex for saves, because they just sorta teleport everywhere.
No real CHR or WIS, but INT needs to be at least 12 or 14.
Resistance to thrust and slash, immune to poison.
Work from there.
>>
Puzzle boss
>>
>>48909481
Don't stat it you dummy.
>>
File: sample.png (228KB, 1028x650px) Image search: [Google]
sample.png
228KB, 1028x650px
>>
>>48909814
This is a very valid conclusion to come to. Don't give it stats. It is environment when unnoticed and active only in ways that the players can't see.
>>
>>48909481
Don't use normal stats. Use actual eye contact with your players add the basis for their behavior. If you're looking at a player and he looks down to his character sheet or over to another player, check everybody else: if nobody is currently looking at you, it gets to move. If it gets to move while adjacent to a character, it "kills" that character (they live to death, IIRC).

Try to have them target NPCs first to give them a "fighting" chance (you can't kill the things, so literally fighting is suicidal). Try to let them determine that they cannot hurt the statue. It isn't just stone, it's locked-down at a subatomic level IIRC. Basically they need a chance to understand that they need to flee, which is difficult for many RPG groups to accept.
>>
>>48911403
>You're DMing and at one point not a single person is looking at you

If I were that bad at DMing, I'd just stop and become a player, honestly. I mean, no vitriol intended, but let's not assume he's a garbage DM just because he's asking a sketchy question.
>>
File: sample.png (308KB, 1036x638px) Image search: [Google]
sample.png
308KB, 1036x638px
>>
>>48909481
Hard to say. the Angel's ability set seems to change every episode they appear in.
>>
>>48911461

Chill out dude, it's a really cool concept.
>>
>>48909565
So very much this.

River Song was good as a one time curiosity. She swans in knowing everything there is to know of the Doctor but he has never met her and reveals that she is/will be his wife.

And she dies and he has to carry on knowing that the woman he will love enough to tell her his name will die and how she will die and he will be alone again afterwards, possibly forever.

That adds weight to the story and is beautiful in a little and sad way. And there they should have left it. Complete.

Same with the Darleks. The one they found in episode two of the new Dr Who in the collectors basement, last of its kind beaten and broken was a mirror image of the doctor. Last two soldiers of a war nobody else cares about or even remembers. It was a great tie in to the old Dr Who that showed continuity and the death of the last Darlek was very well done.

But they just kept on bringing them back again and again and it is now the equivalent of the putties from Power Rangers.

Also the more recent episode with Davros would have ended better if it was him on a planet of mercenaries or genetic abominations that weren't Darleks and his dying hadn't been part of a "clever" ruse.

Seems to be a recurring theme with the Nu Who crowd. Take a good idea and run it into the dirt.
>>
>>48912802
Don't make me sad, anon. We all know there's been only one episode with angels.
>>
So what is it about the way the weeping angels are depicted in later episodes that is so terrible?
Im genuinely curious
>>
>>48913535
They went from creepy strange creatures of unknowable intent into generic space predator species.

They used to kill you by sending you back in time so you could age to death and then they would feed off of your wasted potential.

Now they just snap your neck.

And can live off of radiation.

And are really and annoyingly chatty.
>>
>>48909481
They're basically a force of nature and not a creature, and with multiple people easy to manipulate.
>>
Doctor Who is shit and has always been shit, lads.
>>
>>48912951
Series 3 (2007)
"Blink"
Series 5 (2010)
"The Time of Angels" / "Flesh and Stone"
Series 6 (2011)
"The God Complex"
Series 7 (2012)
"The Angels Take Manhattan"[3]
The Specials (2013)
"The Time of the Doctor"
Series 9 (2015)
"Hell Bent"
>>
>>48909565
It's real sad to see how shit Moffatt's writing became after he took over as showrunner. His stand-alone episodes in the RTD-era are all among the best Nu-Who episodes, but hasn't written a single good story after that.
>>
>>48911403

Rule number 2 of players: if they can't kill it, they'll probably attempt to use it to kill something else.
>>
>>48913604
Come on, that's a lie. There are no such episodes, except for the blink.
Especially Flesh and Stone.
It's kinda sad they didn't expand on the story. But I guess it's happens, just like mass effect was dropped after 2 and nobody filmed star wars prequels. I always hoped they would show some of Ben Kenobi's life.
>>
>>48913554
They also introduced some shitty concepts that goes against the established lore from the first episode, like how an image of an angel becomes an angel, or how if you stare at one too long its reflection in your eye becomes an angel as well.
>>
>>48913687

They literally only did that last bit so they could have the Doctor from the last episode interact with her as he went back through his timeline.
>>
>>48913680
Sorry to disappoint. Gotta come to terms with reality sometime anon.
>>
>>48909481
>using doctor who monsters
Just stop

>>48909612
>Resistance to thrust
>low dex for saves despite them being solid objects
>20 str to snap necks of PCs above level 2
>doesn't know what petrification does and doesn't mention it
Maybe you shouldn't be posting if you don't understand the fucking system

>>48911403
>Use actual eye contact with your players
>hurr you weren't looking at me you died
I sure hope your players don't get distracted because otherwise it's gonna be asspull "u ded" time

If the party has a transmutation wizard the stupid fucking doctor who monsters are done, if anyone has acid they're done, and a party of anyone with fucking brain cells could easily defeat it by just taking turns watching it
Instakill is bullshit in a campaign because "time to make a new character because you didn't look lel"
>>
>>48913723
One day I'll travel back in time and kill Moffat in 2008
>>
>>48913777
I think you are over-reacting somewhat. Also I think you are confusing OOC knowledge with IC knowledge.

>and a party of anyone with fucking brain cells could easily defeat it by just taking turns watching it.
People still need to blink you dimwit, did you forget that the Angels can move when there is no way of seeing them.

Also I'm fairly sure that they aren't made of "real" stone.
>>
>>48913777
If you're worried about "u ded" situations, you shouldn't put weeping angels into a game. These things should be a serious threat of TPK.
>>
>>48909481
Medium Construct, Lawful Evil

AC 15 (stone), Speed 60, HP whatever you make of it.

CON 17 STR 5 DEX 18 INT 16 WIS 14 CHA 1

Damage Immunities: Poison
Condition Immunities: Poisoned, Petrified, Charmed, Frightened, Paralyzed

Resistances: Slashing, Piercing

TRAITS
Quantum Lock: If any creature is able to see the Angel then it can't make attacks or move. While this happens it becomes indistinguishable from a stone statue. If it has been seen for a full round, every creature must make a Constitution check as if Concentrating on it. A creature that fails this check has blinked and thus does not see the angel in it's turn.

ATTACKS
Time Vampirism: Touch, Melee 5ft.; The creature makes a Dexterity save. If the creature fails, it is teleported back in time and lives the remainder of its life (total race age minus its age) until its last day is on the day of the encounter. It is still free to choose what to do in that lifespan.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.