[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats a good system to run pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Fringe-Impossible.jpg (838KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Fringe-Impossible.jpg
838KB, 1680x1050px
Whats a good system to run pic related?
>>
>>48908595
Genius: The Transgression
>>
>>48908628
Isn't that more about playing a mad scientist rather than a detective?
>>
>>48908595
Conspiracy X was pretty much made for this. Research rules, alphabet soup agencies, and LOTS of weird shit. You just need to pare back the aliens, magic etc and insert parallel dimensions and such in their place.
>>
Monster of the Week
>>
>>48908773
In your opinion, which is the better edition?
>>
>>48908793

This. Alternatively, if you like PbtA but want something more restrained in terms of the PCs' powers than MotW, there's another one called Black Stars Rise.

Or GUMSHOE could work. Or GURPS.
>>
>>48908868
Well... it's kind of a toss-up. Unisystem is a better system all round, but the transition lost a LOT of character, and made character gen much less interesting.

In particular I fucking loved the Zener Card based psionics in first ed.

That said, a lot of the stuff that's missing from Second Edition is irrelevant for Fringe. So Second Edition might be better for what you're aiming to do.
>>
>>48909093
What about the GURPS version?
>>
>>48908595
Gumshoe works.
>>
>>48909128
We don't talk about the GURPS version.
>>
>>48908595
Chronicles of Darkness(2e nwod) would work well for it
>>
I need to watch like the last 4 episodes of this show

Which probably means I should start over from the beginning
>>
Personally, I lean toward GUMSHOE or FATE.

>>48909150
I agree with this guy. Pick your variant, or cobble together some stuff from Night's Black Agents, Timewatch and/or Mutant City Blues.
>>
>>48909895
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>48912462
Nothing, except that it uses GURPS, and just reading the word GURPS makes that Anon ill, which is why I've said GURPS three times so far.
You could look at GURPS Warehouse 23 for weird artefacts too. Or Mysteries for well, building up mysteries. Both are pretty system-independent.
>>
>>48908595
I'm running this. I use The Strange. It's worked well and my players, despite initial reservations, have commented quite positively.
>>
File: lost-vertical-015.jpg (401KB, 711x2000px) Image search: [Google]
lost-vertical-015.jpg
401KB, 711x2000px
>>48912250
Honestly, watching that show over would not help make any more sense of it. Fringe was a warning that Abrams can't write a decent conclusion to a story for shit, but we didn't listen and Lost was the result.
>>
GURPS.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.