[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/twewy/ - The World Ends With You TTRPG - Thread #11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: this right here.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
this right here.pdf
1B, 486x500px
"At least we aren't a quest" edition.

What is the World Ends With You?
It's a strikingly original Square Enix action RPG from 2008 for the Nintendo DS about trust, collective consciousness, desperation, imagination and fabulous outfits. Characters are swept into the Underground, a parallel dimension linked to major urban centers, where they run through a 7-day gauntlet of tasks and trials by higher-plane beings called Reapers. Band together and win the Reapers' Game and you have a shot at returning to the Real World. Fail, and you face erasure.

>What is this?
This is a /tg/ Homebrew RPG based on the above game. It's designed to be fast, simple and exciting, and it adapts virtually all of the mechanics from the source game to a form optimized for a tabletop experience. Most importantly, we've striven to preserve its core themes of cooperation, psychic powers and elaborate fashions.

>What system are you using?
We've adapted the core resolution mechanic from another Tabletop game Tenra Bansho Zero into our system. Roll a pool of dice based on your Stats, and count each die that's under your Skill or Psych as a success. It's fast, easy and dynamic. Characters only have four Stats based on your strength of will and mental condition, and only 9 Skills; mixing and matching Stats with Skills creates unique actions, such as rolling Protect:Rhythm to block a punch or Protect:Flow to dodge out of the way.

To flesh out your character, you come-up with free-form Tags like "The Gambler"or "Street Smarts" which describe unique elements of your character's personality and background which fills in the gaps in your Skills. Altogether, character creation takes all of five minutes.

Combat is fast and emphasizes cooperation. Players fight as a team, sharing their a common pool of HP and passing buffs to one another so that a different Player gets to the the superstar of each Round. Range is abstract, numbers are small and the action is lightning quick.
>>
>What have you done so far?
Here's our main document, which contains all of our ideas recorded en masse. We're currently in the process of transcribing this into a properly composed PDF.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/15kJXvBVinsbst0tMWmzwaUj5ddk0hotd3nifw3Hs720/edit

And here's a new Thread Roller:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BjZMISS3zeRP4F8t0ZUtGpizFDeQWzJgiPoshp_sK3o/edit#gid=0

>What's your agenda?
... That question's different from last time.

Oh well.

Main thing is, we need playtesters for testing this thing, and we need to fill out the reaper sports. I think we're in a comfortable position on how far along this game has come to warrant a full playtest. Reaper sports are important, but I think testing for balance and fun reasons does come first. As such, I'm not sure if we all want to ask the gamefinder thread about this or not, but we may have enough people in here as it is to do this thing. It may become a circlejerk on us making a game if we have just ourselves in it though.

Also, we're canning trust, and we need to talk about the UG environment a bit more to flesh out what shops are where and what we'll have other than shops.
>>
Uh, what are you doing for brands exactly? Reaper sports can be made up but I feel like having sample brands for threads and pins would hrl
help)
>>
>>48908034
Brands are going to be holding specific types of clothing and pins, based on main stats. I don't think we've compiled them yet, but from memory, it was:

Single Stat
Wild Boar: Rhythm
Lapin Angelique: Bravery
Hip Snake: Flow
Natural Puppy: Insight

Dual Stat:
JotM: Rhythm, Insight
D+B: Rhythm, Flow
Tigre Punks: Rhythm, Bravery
Dragon Couture: Flow, Insight
Pavo Real: Flow, Bravery
Pegaso: Insight, Bravery

Triple Stat:
Sheep Heavenly: Rhythm, Flow, Insight
Mus Rattus: Rhythm, Insight, Bravery

All Stats:
Unbranded
Gatito

I was also thinking that the single Stat places should be the only ones to stock Rank 10 gear, with dual Stat places stocking up to Rank 8, and triple Stat places having only up to Rank 5.

Unbranded is the basic gear and has no Threads, and I think only the tin pin pins and very few other pins are unbranded, so there's no real shops that stock only Unbranded gear.

Gatito is special. As in, it's the best brand. It's boss gear and you can't really buy it from shops too easily, if at all.

Does that seem right to you?
>>
buuuump?
>>
>>48908820
Sounds about right to me
Different anon
>>
I'm trying to search for quests here. Do you think you could not use it in the thread?
>>
>>48915304
Try /qst/, that's the quest board. You might find what you want there.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.