[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 45

File: New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg (6MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg
6MB, 1801x5825px
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: >>48803496

Previously: Colour identity, fuccbois make poor pets, MtG novels are way too hard to acquire.

Writefagging last time:
Bustin makes Thane feel good >>48803975
Cathar gets busy >>48803779

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: New Flake Sheet Part 2.png (3MB, 1801x1665px) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 2.png
3MB, 1801x1665px
>>48899194
>>
>>48899000
>Unless you want to say that the ones on Mirrodin are also Planeswalkers. Is that what you're trying to say?
No. The single mirrodin gremlin is by default attributed to phyrexia from its card insignia and its monstroush frankenstein appearence obviously representing phyrexian construction, and since the only preceding gremlin was a phyrexian original it can be deduced that the gremlin of mirrodin is probably constructed from scratch based upon information on old phyrexian gremlins the oil had stored. Alternatively, it is well known that few races save golems are even natural to dominaria at all, and if the gremlin was not constructed by phyrexian hands, it probably wasn't native to mirrodin anyway.

>Shit, you act like they can't be from an unknown plane that also has Gremlins and they traveled elsewhere before Grimsby was born.
Actually, you'll find in my previous post >>48898805 I address this with:
>B) find a different home plane, perhaps of your own creation, to explain the race on your own terms

>>48899062
It's not actually that hard, adding four words and comma to the first sentence "Descended of Phyrexian Gremlins, " wouldn't make it too much longer than it already is, in addition to quickly and cleanly explaining why he is both A a gremlin and B has the home plane Dominaria without forcing people to ask why or read other media from you. I do not understand what of that is difficult for your already quite verbose bio to fit in.
>>
Telefragging edtion: How well can planeswalkers "aim" their destination? What limits are there of where can they appear?
>>
>>48899232
Yawgmoth wasn't Phyrexian. He was a death cloud god. Also, he used non-Phyrexians to better his ends by any means.

> not native to Mirrodin anyway
How do you think it got onto Mirrodin? Planeswalked? Phyrexians take over races. They don't just poof them out of nowhere.

> b) some shit you said
You do realize that I don't have to change Grimbsy's birthplace to make his parents from wherever, right? That's like saying a Hispanic kid born in the States is a citizen of Mexico and not the States.

> four words and a comma
While your intentions to help are appreciated, that wouldn't have stopped people from bitching. They'd want more of an explanation as to why he is a descendant from Phyrexian Gremlins and born on Dominaria. More than likely them asking if his parents were Planeswalkers too. And the spiral of arguements would still have happened.
>>
>>48899240
I don't know if that's ever been defined by WotC. But, we've seen Planeswalkers walk onto a plane exactly where they needed to be or where other Planeswalkers were to regroup. So, I'm guessing it's probably an awareness that allows them to tether their current position to another desired position.
>>
>>48899399
Take for example a king's throne: the planeswalker knows he's going to be sitting on it often, and planeswalks to it. Potential telefrag right there.
>>
>>48899416
That would be rather difficult depending how they pull it off. If they planeswalked in the same location as another being or object, it might duck both of them up. They might be able to planeswalk with an object and the object now occupies the same space as the king and/or his throne. Which would fuck up the king/the throne/the object. I would think a better way would be to planeswalk in front of someone, grab onto them, and planeswalk away with them. They would be destroyed in the Blind Eternities during the trip. Or hell, if they aren't that skilled and focused to take much mass with them, then they could planeswalk away with an arm or their head and instantly kill them right then and there. MaRo has said that portions of objects can be taken with a Planeswalker without the wntire object, as noted with Planeswalkers not appearing with all their gear or even all of their clothes intact.
>>
>>48899521
Can other people be planeswalked against their will (in the cases the planeswalker is capable of successfully bringing other people along)?
>>
>>48899521
>>48899613
I'm fairly certain that you can't just force living things to planeswalk with you.
>>
>>48899613
It has successfully happened pre-Mending. But, not post-Mending. Also, I believe if it was tried post-Mending, then the abductee would be killed in the Blind Eternities.
>>
when are we getting some lewds with serena and the polar bear
>>
>>48900221
The what now? There's a polar bear?
>>
>>48900291
yeah the w/g one with all the umbras
>>
>>48900291
>>48900301
nanook
>>
>>48899613
Post-mending, no. It is completely impossible to bring someone else with you, period. Speaking from a meta-perspective, this was one of the major purposes behind the Mending.
>>
>>48899613
You can't bring other people with you when you planeswalk period nowadays. Most likely if you try and take a non-planeswalker with you when you walk, they simply stay where they are and you arrive on the next plane clutching at nothing and making an ass of yourself.
Same thing if they're already a planeswalker, they can just sit where they are while you try and planeswalk them away to no success.

It's why Koth had to "persuade" Venser to come to Mirrodin via a helmet made of dirt and stone.
>>
>>48901329
Personally, even if anyone could force another person to planeswalk with you, Venser is the kind of guy you might want to ask permission first. He is the guy that can poke you and literally make you pop out of existence.
>>
File: 9D2.jpg (157KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
9D2.jpg
157KB, 900x1357px
>>48901379
I don't know, this guy handled Venser and his multiverse endangering just fine for an entire trip.
>>
Are what things travel between planes other than planeswalkers? Can non-planeswalkers create artifacts that allow for limited planeswalking (portals)?
>>
>>48901464
They could before the mending. They can't now because the mending changed how the multiverse worked.

For an analogy: The blind eternities separated the planes, but they were like Japanese rice-paper walls, flimsy and more for courtesy than anything else.
When the mending happened, too many of those walls had holes in them, due to the actions of planeswalkers, Phyrexia, planar portals in general, and all the apocalypses, so they all got rebuilt out of brick instead. Try and tear through THAT assholes.

And that was the mending.
>>
>>48901464
Post-Mending, only Planeswalkers and things that are native to the Blind Eternities can travel the Blind Eternities.

So far, the only instance of Blind Eternity natives is the Eldrazi.
>>
>>48900529
Why would there be lewds of the two of them?
>>
>>48901887
Rule 34, presumably. Though I doubt they are well known enough to elicit that kind of attention.
>>
>>48901808
What of they're cursed?
>>
>>48901941
Oh, well that changes everything.

If you're cursed with a beneficial curse, you can ferry people through the Blind Eternities at a whim.
>>
>>48901979
>beneficial
>curse
?????
>>
>>48902028
Yeah, you know. Curses that transform you into an being of immense power with literally no drawback. Beneficial curses.
>>
File: areyouserious.gif (744KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
areyouserious.gif
744KB, 245x300px
>>48902048
????????????
just what
>>
>>48902136
What's the matter? Did someone place a detrimental enhancement on your intelligence?
>>
>>48902028
>>48902136
They're mocking resident shitposter Vronak
>>
>>48902214
That's all right, then. I was dreading something like that being canon. I'd drop this setting like I fumble and drop my phone down a sewer in my daynightmares, if that were the case.
>>
>>48901464
>>48901786
>>48901808
Except there are things that still travel between planes through unknown means post-Mending. Vedalkens and Merit Lage are two of these instances. Both have been stated by MaRo that neither are Planeswalkers. So, the capability to travel between planes are not limited to Planeswalkers and Eldrazi.
>>
>>48902311
I need a source on this. I've never heard any evidence for either of these being able to travel between planes, and, even if it's the case, that has nothing to do with whether a walker can carry another being with them (they definitely can't.)
>>
>>48902311
Marit Lage has not made an appearance in the lore after the Mending and Vedalken simply occur on multiple planes, like many other races. They're not a species of Planeswalkers.

Please cite your sources.
>>
>>48902311
I can't find any reference to Marit Lage being a thing since after the Ice Age long before the mending.
I hate to say it, but Marit Lage might be plane bound now.

Vedalken are basically emotionless blue humans. They contain no special interplanar powers unless they're planeswalkers.
>>
>>48901786
That's not quite how the mending worked. It took away access by Planeswalkers to their source of power. Planeswalkers are more or less astral / cosmic beings akin to the Eldrazi Titans. Pre-Mending, when Planeswalkers' sparks ignited, they ascended into beings that lived in the Blind Eternities and conjured up physical forms on a plane to put their conciousness into. They were omnipotent God-like beings that did what they want and changed reality how they saw fit. The Mending simply limited how much power they could draw from this source of power. Meaning, that when their spark ignites, they are still these cosmic beings that are now trapped inside these physical bodies and can no longer ascend into the Blind Eternities like before and can no longer harness the great power that they once did long ago.
>>
>>48902410
Cite your source please.

I do not recall ever reading that planeswalkers were cosmic beings of Blind Eternities with human avatars or bound in human form.
>>
>>48902410
That's what the mending did to planeswalkers, but it's also on record that the mending strengthened the barriers between planes, which is why all the planar portals went inert and no one can build them anymore even if they have instruction manuals. Same for skyships.

Also, planeswalkers did exist how they pleased but they weren't extraplanar entities sitting in the blind eternities projected themselves on a plane like the eldrazi were. They were physically on the plane, just with godlike power contained in whatever form they felt like taking at the moment.
>>
>>48902457
>>48902490
This. I think that the person you both responded too extrapolated from discussions of Bolas, who at the height of his power literally needed an anchor just to hold form on a plane without breaking it.
>>
>>48901979
That's not how the curse works. Nor is it "beneficial" beyond perception. Just like Garruk's and Ob Nixilis' curses. It made them significant my more powerful, but at a cost. The curse itself isn't what makes Graveborn "more powerful", it merely allows him to use his spark and magics in unique ways, because he is forced to think outside the parameters of the physical form. And he doesn't make anyone planeswalk. He can make people travel through the Blind Eternities. He simply moves his body and his ship The Lady Death through the Blind Eternities. His crew is Planeswalkers themselves and travel wherever their captain and the ship go. He has nothing to do with how they travel. He moves the ship and his body. They travel to the ship's deck.

>>48902048
The curse didn't transform Graveborn. However, what you are describing sounds just like Garruk and Oby.

>>48902342
MaRo has said that Marit Lage can travel from plane to plane. People have asked him if she is a Planeswalker, he said "nope". People asked him if she was an Eldrazi. He said "nope". And as for Vedalkens, they do their research on a plethora of planes and add to their collective information on everything. That and they run experiments on creatures from different planes.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Marit_Lage

As for Vedalkens, we don't know how they travel from plane to plane yet, but more than likely it's through technology. Which Venser was also working on figuring out how to do so.

>>48902343
I never said they were Planeswalkers. I never said they can planeswalk at all. Refer up in this post. For how Vedalkens are.
>>
>>48902938
Fine.

Vedalken do not 'travel between planes through unknown means post-Mending,' which is precisely what you said they did.

Cite your sources.
>>
>>48902366
>>48902457
>>48902490
I'm not going to scavenge through all the source material for these citations. But, pic is Marit Lage and this link is MtG Lore's Planeswalkers Pre-Memding vs Post-Mending. That sums up a lot of it.
http://youtu.be/jFjyVe61ld4
>>
File: image.png (331KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
331KB, 750x1334px
>>48903053
Forgot pic.
>>
File: image.png (182KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182KB, 750x1334px
>>48903079
Also another amusing tid-bit.
>>
>>48902969
There are various depictions of Vedalkens have information from other planes. And the fact that Vedalkens are said to have been mutated on Mirrodin and grew their extra arms from this mutation. And yet on other planes, the Vedalken all have four arms.
>>
>>48903096
>[9]
>Doug Beyer. (December 12, 2007.) “Goodies from the Mailbag”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
>First of all, anything is possible, given the right conditions. Planeswalking is a form of magic. With enough time and mana, or with specialized spell knowledge, or with access to enormous power, it's possible for a planeswalker to transfer gobs of material and/or creatures with him as he planeswalks. Planeswalkers are mortal, but they're incredibly creative and resourceful—if there's something a planeswalker wants to hang on to as he planeswalks, then he'll probably pay the price and do the work to make it happen.

That was written in 2007, written by Doug Beyer.

Then there's this:

>https://tmblr.co/ZUrCEt1I4jhlz
>Unless something special is going on, planeswalkers can’t bring living beings with them. Only beings with active planeswalker sparks can leave a plane and travel to another one (except for weird and very rare exceptions, such as the Eldrazi titans, or someone with access to some kind of gate).
>Note that summoning creatures is not planeswalking. When you create a baloth out of the aether and have it fight for you, you’re magically creating an instance of baloth-ness, even if you’re summoning it while on Theros and you learned about baloths back on Zendikar. There is not one less baloth on Zendikar due to your summoning spell on Theros — Theros is just +1 baloth, thanks to you making a new one. However, summoned creatures tend to stop existing after a while — they last for a while, long enough to fight for you in a duel or whatever, but not forever.

That was written 7 years later in 2014, by the same Doug Beyer.

Your amusing tidbit means nothing. Haven't you learned that MTG Salvation is unreliable by now?
>>
File: image.png (302KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
302KB, 750x1334px
>>48902969
Also, if you want citation on that mutated shit, here you go. Pic related.
>>
>>48903079
Marit Lage has only appeared in the lore before the Mending. Since the Mending, Marit Lage hasn't been mentioned once. We have no way of knowing whether or not Marit Lage is still capable of planeswalking.

The same applies to the Myojin of Night's Reach. It hasn't been referred to after the Mending took place.

Finally, you're considering MTG Salvation a reliable source? Really?

Show me where the Myojin and Marit Lage traveled between planes after the Mending. Give me a link, point out a page number from a book, anything.
>>
>>48903079
Marit Lage and the Myojin of Night's reach are both pre-mending when such a thing was possible.

As it stands post-mending, Maro has stated repeatedly on his tumblr that only planeswalkers and things native to the BE can traverse the multiverse now.

>>48903202
Vedalkens are knowledge nerds, of course they get as much info out of any planeswalker they meet. And of course a vedalken planeswalker would spread information back home of other planes.

Tamiyo's pretty much told all the soratami about other planes and knows about everything from new phyrexia to the fall of Serra's realm minimum. Does this make all the soratami planeswalkers too?
>>
>>48903211
> unless something special is going on,
> very first line
Meaning, it's possible, just not a normal occurrence.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 350x240px
>>48903096

>Tamiyo and Jacestice League meeting
>Jace mindsculpts them to forget how to planeswalk clothes because he is a perverted NEET
>>
>>48903269
Yes, which means that it requires justification.

You can't just say "DOUG BEYER SAID IT SO I CAN DO IT," you need to specifically lay out and explain the specific circumstances that allow your character to break the otherwise rigid rules of the Multiverse. Keep in mind, no other post-Mending character has broken this rule yet. If WotC is cautious about breaking this rule and citing 'something special going on,' you should be equally cautious.
>>
>>48903258
The mending only affected Planeswalkers. She is stated to not be a Planeswalker. So, if she was capable of traveling between planes before, she should be capable of it now. And also, it's not really planeswalking. Planeswalking is an ability by Planeswalkers. Marit Lage could be something more like the Eldrazi's form of travel. We just don't know yet.

And don't blame me for using mtg salvation. Other anons started posting links to salvation before I did. So, if they consider it good enough, then why not? Also, most salvation entries have source citations.
>>
>>48903250
Mirrodin is one thing that flat out can't be used as the origin for any species. Argentum as Karn made it had no biological life, the corrupted Memnarch dragged all the biological life to Mirrodin through pre-mending planar portals. Technically nothing is native to Mirrodin except the mycosynth.

The Vedalken didn't planeswalk to mirrodin, they were forcibly dragged through a portal and the mycosynth mutated them.
>>
>>48903323
The mending affected planeswalkers AND the rules of the multiverse. See the first paragraph >>48902490
>>
>>48903323
Other methods of traveling between the planes have been rendered useless by the Mending. Phyrexian portal technology is specifically stated to have been rendered useless, for example. Yes, Venser was working on something but there's no evidence that it would have even worked. So you're wrong, it's not limited to just planeswalkers.

Therefore, unless we are shown otherwise, we should assume that all non-planeswalker and all non-Eldrazi methods of planar travel no longer work.
>>
File: image.png (588KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
588KB, 750x1334px
>>48903258
Also, citation. Pic and link.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/ask-wizards-august-2006-2006-08-01
>>
>>48903262
This could be how the Vedalken get their info, but that doesn't explain them being mutated on Mirrodin and then other planes Vedalkens having four arms as well.
>>
>>48903387
>This was posted August 2006.
>The first set of the Time Spiral block was released in October 2006.
>The Mending took place in Future Sight, May 2007.

Congratulations, your citation is horribly out of date.
>>
File: Vedalken qts.jpg (85KB, 960x677px) Image search: [Google]
Vedalken qts.jpg
85KB, 960x677px
>>48903211
>>48903269
https://twitter.com/maro254/status/555114242588684288
It's actually straight impossible.

>>48903404
The only other plane this happens on is Ravnica and is a trait of the genetically modified Vedalken of the Simic guild. There's artwork of an Izzet vedalken, and plenty of Azorious vedalken who only have two arms

Hell, they wrote an arcana to lampshade the fact.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/mutant-vedalken-ravnica-2006-05-30
>>
>>48903312
You do realize just before that, I stated that they can't planeswalk with living beings before that. (Corrected when I said organic material). I never said that anyone can do it post-Mending. I simply posted a pic and said it's amusing. How about you stop being a sperglord?

>>48903327
And again, how do mutated Vedalkens get back to other planes? They have some form of doing it. We just aren't told how yet.

>>48903376
I was under the impression the reason the portals don't work is because they use sparks/stones to power them. Meaning they use the same source of powers that Planeswalkers use. Being why they stopped working.
>>
>>48903492
Cite where Phyrexian portals use planeswalker sparks.
>>
>>48903492
>And again, how do mutated Vedalkens get back to other planes? They have some form of doing it. We just aren't told how yet.
See the second half of >>48903482
They aren't phyrexian mutated, they're Simic mutated.
>>
>>48903492
>I was under the impression the reason the portals don't work is because they use sparks/stones to power them
If Yawg could harness a planeswalker spark to such an effect then he could have given himself a spark like he always wanted. He could never find the planeswalker spark no matter how many planeswalkers he cut up
>>
>>48903053
An unofficial Youtube video made by a Patreon-funded enthusiast is not a source.
>>
>>48903513
> sparks/stones
> thinks that means sparks powering everything
> just ignores the "stones" part
Planeswalkers (Glacien & Dyfed) created portals for Phyrexia. Also, their technology used powerstones to create more portals. I do not remember if that particular Powerstone had Glacien's spark in it or not. I don't remember what it says in the novels. It was a log time ago.
>>
>>48903547
Mycosynth mutated. I would t say "Phyrexian mutated" because that sounds a lot like assimilated. Which the Vedalkens weren't. The Vedalkens were mutated as a by-product of the Mycosynth.
>>
>>48903612
He couldn't bond a spark to himself. Doesn't mean he didn't have Planeswalkers or powerstones to help him.
>>
>>48903667
Yes, it did. Read the Thran. The Mightstone and Weakstone both absorbed Glacian's spark when he died, each possessing a half of his spark.

No other powerstone had anything to do with planeswalkers, which is why I didn't even waste time mentioning the stones.

The point remains that Phyrexian portal technology no longer workers and that sort of technology is entirely separate and unrelated to planeswalkers.
>>
>>48903616
> someone who also reads the fucking books is not a source and is also given spoiler cards to reveal by WotC; but not credible
Okay. Yeah. Sure buddy.
>>
>>48903741
> read the Thran
I just told you that I couldn't remember the exact details of Glacien's spark and the powerstones. That it was a long time ago since I've read it. And you're telling me that I need to read it? Come on now. Now you're just bitching for no reason.
>>
>>48903741
> entirely separate
Citation needed.
>>
>>48903783
Don't talk about something like an authority on the matter if you can't even correctly recollect your sources.
>>
>>48903805
>Cite something that never happened.
Are you stupid?
If portals were made out of planeswalker then it be said they were made out of planeswalker. There's nothing to cite that they weren't because there'd be no reason to say "These are phyrexian planar portals. They are NOT made out of planeswalker."

Shit, that's like saying "Prove to me that Mirrodin ISN'T made of Kor." or something stupid like that.
>>
>>48903815
Don't talk about something like you're an authority on the matter if you have to spend half an hour looking shit up to try and back your claims.

Also, stop acting like you can recall every detail of everything you've ever read. I stated that it might have something to do with Glacian's spark being in the Powerstone. That I couldn't remember. Not that I was passing it as fact and being wrong about it afterwords.
>>
>>48903805
Read the Artifacts Cycle, the Thran and the Invasions Cycle, which all refer to power stones and use them as devices in the stories they tell.

At not point is it stated that they are connected to planeswalkers in any respect, excluding the very specific case of the Mightstone and Weakstone.
>>
>>48903855
So, you're saying there is no living stating they are entirely different sources of power? Do, what we do know is... Yawgmoth has Planeswalkers making portals for him. Planeswalkers die. He then makes a technology to generate portals. Portals stop working after the mending. Hmm. Sounds like they very well could have used the same power source as Planeswalkers. No?
>>
>>48903862
The difference being that he went out of his way to look up a primary source while you're spouting whatever comes to mind. He can talk with authority because he looked up the information from the book.
>>
Where's the best place to pirate MTG novels?
>>
>>48903855
Also, I never said they were made OUT of Planeswalkers.
>>
>>48903873
All powerstones were created with either a Planeswalker spark inside of them or an entire collapsed plane inside of them. I don't remember any Powerstone not being of these sources.
>>
>>48903889
Like I haven't been tossing out citations everytime someone has requested it?
>>
>>48903933
Cite this, please. This is a blatant lie and at no point has there ever been anything to indicate this. You are making shit up on the spot.
>>
>>48903882
Listen Vronak 2.0: The mending strengthened the metaphorical walls between planes to make all the stuff that used to work not work. It affected planeswalkers AND the multiverse at large.
They are unrelated to planeswalkers. No one has ever said they're made of planeswalkers so they aren't, and you don't have the authority to say "Yes they are!!!!"

>>48903907
You said they were powered by planeswalker sparks. It practically means the same thing.
>>
>>48902938
BEING ABLE TO HAUL AN ENTIRE BOAT AND CREW SEEMS PRETTY FUCKING BENEFICIAL, YOU NARD
YOUR SPARK NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR BODY TO FUCKING WORK
>>
File: image.png (305KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
305KB, 750x1334px
>>48903959
Everytime you ask for citation. I provide it. And still you keep saying I'm making shit up? Fuck off already.
>>
>>48903967
This is just ordinary Vronak mate.
>>
>>48903967
I never said they were made out of Planeswalkers. I've said this twice. Fuck off with this shit. And it doesn't mean the same thing. The Powerstone that the Weakstone and Mightstone were made out of were in fact made with the spark of a Planeswalker inside of it.
>>
>>48903975
Again, he doesn't haul a crew. They planeswalk to the ship where ever it makes port. And he doesn't even have a physical body. He is cursed by an enchantment to be trapped in the blind eternities. He uses his spark to move his undead body and the ship from plane to plane. That is all. And sparks don't need to be inside a body to have power. Look at Memnarch's entire motive. Sparks have been placed inside of a lot of things and been pulled out of Planeswalkers numerous times. Now, stop with the caps and the spazzing out, sperg.
>>
>>48903983
MTGSALVATION IS UNRELIABLE YOU...
...YOU...
N A R D
A
R
D
>>
>>48903983
That says nothing about any power stone being created with a planeswalker spark inside of it.
>>48904008
Incorrect.

The Mightstone and the Weakstone are two halves of the same powerstone that was split to create a portal to Phyrexia. They gained a half of Glacian's latent spark each when he died with them trapped within his body.

This has already been posted in this thread, by the way.
>>
>>48903984
>>48903984
>I've been arguing with Vronak
Shit why didn't anyone tell me? I was stressing over nothing.
>>
>>48904068
As with literally every other wiki, mtgsalvation is only as reliable as the sources that the page cites.

That being said, it's not 100% useless trash, so calm your fucking tits.
>>
>>48904107
He literally uses image.jpg and image.png. He's the only asshole in these threads that uses an iPhone. You can tell him apart in an instant.
>>
>>48903745
Given that he thinks Karona actually met Yawgmoth.
>>
>>48904063
Hey Vronak, could you post the pic of the character you're so infamous for? I want to make something and I can't find the pic anywhere.
>>
File: 1460486312012.jpg (210KB, 1200x916px) Image search: [Google]
1460486312012.jpg
210KB, 1200x916px
>>48904167
This is his very first, but all forty-something of the ones he's made are pretty shit.
>>
>>48904008
No, they had absorbed the spark inside them since Yawgmoth slipped a power stone into glacien while performing surgery.
>>
>>48904092
Is that so? I always thought the original Powerstone was created with his spark inside of it. Mind you, I said before that it's been a long time since I've read any of this. I just didn't recall it being that the Powerstone had Glacien's spark merged with it after its creation. I'm not going to look that up, but I'll go ahead and take your work on it.

>>48904139
I'm not the only one using a phone.
>>
>>48904142
> thinks
I never said she did, I said she had a vision of it. And it could mean that Yawgmoth isn't 100% gone for good. That is all.
>>
>>48904180
No I mean the character image.
>>
>>48904206
Glacian was so important because he was an artificer that invented most Thran technology using powerstones. They existed throughout his life, the powerful one that split into the Mightstone and Weakstone to create the Dominaria-Phyrexia portal was just a very powerful one.

It's all in the Thran. This is the single case of a powerstone being affected by a planeswalker's spark and it has nothing to do with its creation.
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 298x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 298x230px
>>48904167
>>48904226
What do you want to make, friendo?
>>
>>48904222
I'm talking about your credible source
>>
>>48904292
Except that entire statement was wrong.
>>
>>48904285
it's a little gift for all the laughs you've delivered itt.
>>
File: image.png (221KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221KB, 480x360px
>>48904389
I'm good. Have fun with that.
>>
File: 1453881356349.jpg (76KB, 428x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453881356349.jpg
76KB, 428x750px
>>48904440
FOUND IT ANYWAY YOU STUPID FUCK
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
I may also need pics of your other flakes since I can't be assed to hunt them down atm
>>
>>48904631
For whatever reason, he always posts a full-sized image for each flake he makes.
>>
File: Sea of Sand - Card Image.jpg (574KB, 1490x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Sea of Sand - Card Image.jpg
574KB, 1490x1040px
Wow, at least all of the arguing means that the thread stays bumped, but it is a bitch to read all of in case anything important got posted. Thanks to the anons who posted those tweets and videos and pictures; those were full of nice tidbits!

On-topic, and not to stir the pot I promise, what is the status of the Plane of Wildfire? I remember back in the day that it was essentially one of many shortcuts from Rabiah the Infinite to Dominaria, and that you did not need a spark to cross it, which was why there were so many Djinni and Efreeti in Jamuura. Is that still true post-Mending? Everyone hereseems to have a lot of knowledge on that subject, or at the very least, is good at digging up information. Also, do you think that as a Planeswalking Efreet capable of granting wishes, that it would be too powerful for him to be able to grant, say, the wishes of two middle-aged guys who don't want to get separated for who knows how long while one of them is off-world? I ask in the interest of adding little things to the Battle of Wits going on in the Chance Encounter between the two of them right now in my story, "Dreams and Wishes." For that matter, as an immortal Fire Spirit who gained his Spark pre-Mending by about four centuries, what kind of effects would there be on a Planeswalker who was Mended like Mephiri?
>>
>>48904769
Rabiah was cut off.
>>
File: Sir Joseph, Bant Visits Rabiah.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Joseph, Bant Visits Rabiah.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>48904860
As in, the shortcuts no longer work? Because if it just plain can't be Planeswalked to or from, then I have a whole separate issue.

Speaking of Rabiah the Infinite, does anyone know where I can find any information on the established sub-Planes, such as Dark Rabiah? I'm having trouble finding much of anything other than brief mentions here and there.
>>
>>48904631
> 76k
Nice hi res version. Also, no on the other flakes. And you are dedicating a lot of your time to me. I feel so important.
>>
>>48904942
>>48904769
Rabiah's been abandoned by WotC to the same degree that Mercadia and (the older and more controversial parts of) Dominaria have been. You won't find any new information on that plane after 2006, I assure you.

So in this instance, I'd say it's safe to make shit up since it's relatively unimportant and been abandoned for 20~ years by WotC.
>>
File: Mijae Djinn - card image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mijae Djinn - card image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>48905040
Well, I did select it because I could do whatever I want as it is an infinite refraction of the same Plane with infinite parallel versions of itself, and also because it is modeled off of one of my favorite stories. I'll keep digging, I'm bound to find something helpful on one of these searches. It's a shame I don't have a lot of free time right now. Thanks for the help, and thanks for all of the fish.
>>
File: Vronak but not gay.png (674KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Vronak but not gay.png
674KB, 1562x1186px
>>48905006
>>
>>48905302
>snowflake
>on 4chan
>not gay
>>
>>48905302
>Bant Company
My sides.
>>
>>48904942
I could have sworn the infinite rabiahs merged at one point.
>>
>>48904860
That was back in the days of keeping planeswalkers out with angry letters.
>>
>>48904306
Watch his video on the mending.
>>
>>48903404
>All elves have pointy ears.
Elves confirmed planeswalkers guys!
>>
File: elf in a human party.gif (2MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
elf in a human party.gif
2MB, 250x141px
How many people has your flake lost?
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158KB, 758x1037px) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158KB, 758x1037px
>>48907738
Uhhhh......
>>
>>48907738
>Remes
A few.

>Winifred
A few.

>Wyston
As many as die in a difficult, but successful revolution.
>>
>>48907738
Hondick
No one
Anna
Her adoptive parents.
Jorge
His entire clan
Starke
Her closest friend
The Cathar
Several people
Newt
No one of importance.
>>
File: ANGERFISH.png (63KB, 247x280px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERFISH.png
63KB, 247x280px
>>48907738
all of them? all of them.
he's furious he wasn't the cause
>>
>>48907738
Take a guess.
>>
>>48908249
-65.3i, but only if you carry the one?
>>
>>48904631
Thank you based anon
>>
>>48907738
>Leon
His entire family, unbeknownst to him.
>Maxwell
All of his charlatan buddies are alive and well, and everyone he knows is fine currently.
>Yao Shen
No one who matters.
>>
File: mfw Vronak.jpg (1MB, 1829x1785px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Vronak.jpg
1MB, 1829x1785px
>>48904631
>>
>>48907824
She gained some fuccbois though.
>>
are we dead yet?
>>
>>48911009
Almost
>>
>>48911163
how almost?
>>
>>48912612
Not quite.
>>
Y'all are making lots of planeswalker flakes, but what about regular characters?
>>
>>48913047
Like, plane bound characters?
>>
>>48913058
Yes. A baffling concept, I'm sure.
>>
>>48913061
I have multiple for my stories but it's sort of like having a star wars character who would never go into space, you could write neat stories about them but it's rare for people who make custom characters to do and miss out on of having multiple worlds to explore.
>>
>>48913183
I feel it's more like having a star wars character who's not a Jedi. Most adventures happen on a single plane anyway.
>>
>>48913183
>>48913334
Has anyone here done a starwars inspired flake? Some sort of druid from Tarkir that uses Dromoka sunbeam magic to form a sword that goes around other planes preaching asceticism sounds like something that could exist.
>>
>>48913419
I used the dark side of the force to help explain the corruptive and emotion fueled nature of my flake's magic, but I don't know about any others.
>>
>>48913419
A white/blue mind reading, telekinetic monk sounds good.
>>
>>48913419
An evil wizard that teaches people how to embrace hate and augments his minions in just the right way through artifice to make them stronger and more durable in general, yet more vulnerable to the wizard's own powers.
>>
>>48913487
Black red seems to be the sithiest.
>>
>>48913334
I would have to disagree since a non jedi can still have a lot of the same adventures as a jedi even if they play out differently
>>
>>48913633
The same could be said for non-planeswalkers, as most adventures concern only one plane.
>>
>>48913664
But you can't have the continuing story of chasing some asshat across the multiverse/galaxy. After the mending, you can't continue on with the story of a plane bound individual without staying on the same plane and at a certain point it's like "wasn't there a multiverse or something? Why aren't we there?"
>>
>>48913729
True, but you can have planeswalker allies and enemies.

Actually, here's an idea: the MC is not a planeswalker, the antagonist is, and exploits it. The MC has to not only deal with an enemy that can escape and surprise you very well, but also one that can have artifacts/spells/knowledge from other planes. Not being able to pursue seems like an interesting plot device.
>>
>>48913783
If you have a villain who is a planeswalker ,good. Having an enemy and an ally planeswalker makes you less protagonist and more Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen.
>>
>>48913807
Maybe have the ally planeswalk be Taimyo level of useless.
>>
File: 1454771841016s.jpg (7KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1454771841016s.jpg
7KB, 250x194px
>>48913816
>Tammi
>useless
>>
>>48913816
>Tamiyo
>useless
You mean the character who saved Jace's ass and then sealed Emmy in the moon?
>>
File: Hyrios Obiru Hierophant.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hyrios Obiru Hierophant.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>48913047
I've written several, my favorite being pic related. They are tied into a story that my flakewalkers are involved in (or vice versa) but primarily because custom set means probably there are some walkers involved.
>>
>>48915782
No, Tamiyo didn't. Emmy sealed herself away.
>>
>>48915990
She saved jace and brought the spell Emmy needed to modify.
>>
>>48916705
She still wasn't trying to deal her away. And would have failed in being useful at all if she would have been able to do what she wanted to do.
>>
>>48916727
*seal
>>
>>48916727
Well none of them were very useful then.
>>
>>48916955
Lili-pad was useful as fuck.
>>
File: 1440894051869.jpg (246KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1440894051869.jpg
246KB, 627x502px
>>48915800
>vampire cleric
>buffing humans
?
>>
>>48917343
I could see it. She's making her property, her food strong, both because it'd make it taste better, and so it can protect itself from other monsters that'd try and take it from her.

Or something like that.

>>48915800
Drop the writefagging: Why does this leech buff humans?
>>
>>48917543
>>48917343
He's the head of a BW church that is part of the mainly-human faction. There aren't a lot of vampires on plane, and he was essentially vamped as a sort of boon/curse from his goddess when he died. Cardwise, he plays into the human tribal I've got going--there isn't any vampire tribal in the set. See also
>>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OXD_qtVsgmNpducoCbzPric3r6q8mxe18h97gUD71JM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48915990
Which Emmy couldn't have done if TamTam wasn't there, and which wouldn't have happened if Jace hadn't also been fucking about in Emmy's head, which he couldn't have done if he was mindfucked crazy. Which he would have been if Tamiyo hadn't been there. She was more useful than pretty much everyone except maybe Lili.
>>
>>48907738
>murdock
Many, though she wouldn't remember as of now. Still subconsciously mad tho.
>>
>>48908452
Something like that. Seems about right.
>>
>>48917797
What you are saying equates to Tamiyo being as "useful" as any driver in a movie who had their car commandeered for "police business" for a chase. And just about everyone else besides Lili was useless as well. Seriously, what EXACTLY did any of them accomplish? Everything they did meant squat in the end.
>>
>>48917797
Also, Emmy is a she.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>48918055
Gaia! What do you think of the background guy from her past being a former love interest who disappeared mysteriously. And now is returning in glimpses and brief instances to have a haunting effect to his reoccuring presence. And through writefagging we can slowly reveal what caused him to disappear long ago and suddenly start reappearing to her.

I always liked pic related.
>>
>>48918721
>image.jpg
>>
>>48918745
> spoiler image.jpg
>>
>>48918721
>He's back to wanting to fuck Gaia
God. Dammit.
>>
>>48918792
If you're not an iPhone, you can mouse over 'Spoiler Image' and it shows you the file name. So I can safely say
>image.jpg
>>
>>48918825
I'm not pushing any of my characters to fuck anyone. Sariel might be dominate towards Serena if they ever met to make her submissive and obedient to make her mono-white. But, meh. I'm not pushing that.
>>
File: image.png (140KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140KB, 430x600px
>>48918839
He's implying that spoilering an image with such a filename is even worse, because it could be anything, including pic related.
>>
>>48918839
> iPhone
> not literally any smartphone
Pffsh.
>>
>>48918874
You say you want this new flake with Gaia to be an arch-nemesis who haunted her throughout her life. But you just couldn't resist making him some edgy fucking mysterious love interest, could you?
>>
>>48918963
Actually, I have a spin on that which I'd like to reveal in writefagging. Personally, making it a former love interest seems the most logical route for what I have in mind to making him an arch-nemesis and for the reason he is her nemesis now as it ties into what happened between the two of them long ago. O don't really care to do any lewd things. Nor care if they were lovers. A love interest doesn't have to be sexual and as I see it, was short-lived due to the reasons of him disappearing.
>>
>>48918874
>This whole post.
You are one sad, creepy bastard. You know that, right?
>>
>>48919160
And how so? Sounds like you're projecting. I mention being a former love interests, and you faggot(s) immediately jump to "oh you're back to wanting to fuck Gaia". Like I ever did before. Fuck outta here with that non-sense. I haven't pushed lewd at all.
>>
>>48919218
Pay attention to the which post I'm pointing at.
>Sariel dominant to Serena
>To make her submissive and obedient.
That's some creepy shit. Especially when she said she wasn't interested in writefagging with you.
>>
>>48918874
It's always the ones that misspell 'dominant' as 'dominate' that are the creepers.
>>
What the fuck have I come back to?
>>
>>48919344
I have no idea, best to disregard it completely.

I also have no idea what this thread is for. Just OC planeswalkers?
>>
>>48919402
Also MtG lore discussion, you can ignore the donut steels and just talk about URs and shit if you like, the actual lore threads seems to have died out.
>>
>>48919402
That's what the fun part of the thread is. For the more mundane, most of us are pretty good with actual lore too. Drop a topic and we'll probably discuss it for a bit.
>>
>>48919041
It's the entire part where you HAVE to make it a love interest. That that's your go-to story decision. It's edgy as fuck.
>>
>>48919428
Is anyone actually doing anything significant with their steel donuts?
>>
>>48919462
Some people write stories, some of which is smut.
Some people make custom cards, which are imbalanced.

For the most part, it's just exercise done to explore and discuss the lore of the setting.
>>
>>48919482
Are any of the stories any good?
>>
>>48919496
Not really. Everything we made in these threads is shit. These threads are cancer.

The moment we start believing we're making genuinely good shit and defending it as good writing, we're just as bad as Gaia Online faggots or similar faggotry. We must be vigilant and remain aware of that fact that we're eating shit. We might enjoy it but that doesn't mean that it's a delicacy.
>>
>>48919521
I suppose I should have asked for "worth reading", instead of good.
>>
>>48919496
Phyrexian Plaguelord poster will rage if we say anything other than "They're all shit" but we have some pretty entertaining stories and pretty decent writers in these threads. Fuck you plaguelord, the only thing that makes some of these "shit" are that they're fanfic OCs that'd do just fine outside of the source material. Plus some that are just tenacious about it and put out a lot of good stuff. And then there's Vronak. Who is the one you should ignore.
>>
>>48919573
I mean...
Just take a look around in the threads or the repository. If you see a flake that interests you, then check out what's written with them in it, if anything.
>>
File: There's a loose Vronak.jpg (66KB, 696x392px) Image search: [Google]
There's a loose Vronak.jpg
66KB, 696x392px
>>48919694
And I posted the wrong version of the picture after I worked so hard on it too.
>>
File: Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Vengeful Angel.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>48919573
To shamelessly plug my own flake: Serena's stuff has a character arc and is set alongside the latest block, there's also non-canon smut if that's your thing. The writefagging in the repo written by me is numbered for ordering.

>>48919482
Idk, I thought this was pretty balanced.
>>
>>48920271
The +1 seems a bit on the too strong side.
>>
>>48920417
>Makes you discard in white/red the "What the fuck is card draw" color combination that's already trying to vomit it's hand onto the bored asap.
>Can't even do a full lightning helix when you can discard.
>Needs to wait until turn 4.
It seems fine to me.
>>
Which plane were sling bikinis invented on in Magic the Gathering?
>>
>>48920560
Parallel evolution, m8.
>>
File: Newt Malicious Temptress.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Newt Malicious Temptress.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>48919482
I didn't think Newt was unbalanced
>>
>>48920577

So they are a universal constant then, woven into the very fabric of the multiverse?
>>
>>48920669
No. Multiple planes just invented them on their own without any inspiration from each other. Not all planes have them, and those that do probably didn't invent them at the same time.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 360x400px
>>48920757
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>48920884
Absolutely not, but anon was confused about the term "parallel evolution".
>>
>>48920967
I keep needing a second not to read "parallel lives"
>>
File: Vronakshort.jpg (306KB, 718x533px) Image search: [Google]
Vronakshort.jpg
306KB, 718x533px
>>48918721
>>
>>48919259
And that's fine if anyone doesn't want to colab with any of my flakes. Personally, I make all of my characters differently. Some are normal, some are offensive, some are creepy as all hell. Not a single one of them would act as I do or as I would irl. The closest one to my personality, would probably be Caid. So, just because one of my flakes would be portrayed a certain way, don't assume I would act the same.
>>
>>48922461
Well the way you act when you are talking to people, you don't come off so great.
>>
File: merely a ruse.jpg (306KB, 680x1671px) Image search: [Google]
merely a ruse.jpg
306KB, 680x1671px
>>48922461
>this much damage control
>>
File: image.png (467KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
467KB, 500x500px
>>48919285
Typo that was autocorrected on my phone. Big whoop. Go be a faggot elsewhere.

>>48919434
> have to make it
Actually, I didn't intend on it originally. I started rolling with a concept for the character and it to make it in any relation to Gaia, this one seems best. And you keep saying "edgy", but I don't think you actually know what that means kid. How the fuck is "former love interest" edgy?

>>48920884
>>48922175
You're getting cute with these. Too bad you don't have a clearer image of Vronak. But, you just keep feeding me. Pic related.
>>
>>48922551
This is the Internet. Learn to not take everything or everyone seriously.

>>48922556
> damage control
There is no backtracking in that post. I said something about what a character would do. Not what I would personally do. Then I pointed out the difference that each faggot in this thread isn't their characters, shouldn't be treated as through they were their characters, and shouldn't think that they are their characters. Perhaps you should take some of that advice.
>>
Everyone shut up and tell me how personality affects what colors and spells a planeswalker would use.
>>
>>48922806
Well as far as I'm aware, your personality IS your colors. So depending on your colors, you'd use various spells fitting your personality. For example, a mind mage might be able to cast Mind Control, but not Levitation, despite both being blue.
>>
>>48922806
It'skind of the mindset and personality required to use the colors.
>>
>>48922847
>>48922904
Do I just look up the descriptions of the colors on the wiki or what? Is there any kind of cheat sheet?
>>
>>48922806
In a variety of ways. If you're murderous just to solve all you're problems. You're Liliana. If you're a big game hunter who doesn't give a shit about anyone, you're Garruk. If you're a douchebag who thinks they are the moral compass without being white, you're Jace. If you're a self righteous protector of the weak, you're Gideon. If you're just a cunt, you're Chandra.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 1862x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 1862x774px
>>48922983
Here you go.
>>
>>48922696
>Actually, I didn't intend on it originally.
Exactly. You had other options, but at some point along the way, your sperg brain though "HUH, HOW INTERESTING AND ORIGINAL WOULD IT BE FOR GAIA'S NEMESIS TO BE A LOVE INTEREST. BECAUSE THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. AND LET'S MAKE HIM EDGY AND DARK."
>>
>>48923007
That looks more like values, not temperment and personality.
>>
>>48922847
Well, anyone could learn any type of spell with time enough to actually learn it. The point of colors and types of spells corrisponding with a character isn't about what you can or cannot cast. It's about what your personality would draw you towards taking the time to learn. Liliana could take the time to learn how to cast any type of spell, but she doesn't because her personality draws her towards certain spells. Which this has defined her as mono-black.
>>
>>48923077
They can learn anything, but how do they learn? Can a planeswalker be in a situation where he can only learn white spells while having a predisposition for mono-black?
>>
>>48923025
> sperg
I don't think this word means what you think it means.

> how interesting and original
Nothing is original. And what makes him edgy and dark? That he has black armor? Yu literally know nothing about the character and you call him edgy. What kind of character do you think it'll be like? Describe why you call this character "edgy" when all you have seen of him is a pic. Also, quit with the caps, that's sperglord territory.
>>
>>48923025
>someone needs to read the books.
>>
>>48923050
All of those things mold a personality. What values that are instilled upon you shapes a person's personality.
>>
>>48923160
That would require them to understand the tenants behind mono white which is really hard for it as it would be for white to black and red and blue
>>
>>48923007
>>48922983
>>48922806
Keep in mind that >>48923007 is unofficial and you cannot entirely trust it.

Personality does affect a character's magic and vice versa. Natural telepaths are likely to be more thoughtful and cerebral, while pyromancers with no other natural gifts are likely to be more direct and prone to chaos, due to the nature of the magic.

Then there's some magic that changes its owner, like Garruk's curse forcing him towards black and using foul, black magic. Some magic requires a great deal of discipline to use, while some only offers itself to the ambitious, then there's that which is bound to the tenants of nature.

In these threads, general consensus is that if you have a character that uses a color of magic, it needs to have personality traits that suit that character, whether he was shaped by his magic or he learned magic that suited him best.
>>
>>48923160
No, spells are either learned or created. No one is incapable of learning any type of spell unless hey are mentally impaired. Your color identity is formed based on your personality. Your personality is drawn to certain spells. Which then shows you what colors you are. What kind of person are you? Do you go in for rush? A quick kill? Get as aggressive and pumped up as you can be to defeat an enemy? Then you're probably going to be choosing red and possibly green spells. Why? Because they suit your personality. They better your purpose.
>>
>>48923298
You can't see it as "mono-color has a difficult time to understand mono-opposing color". Look at Ajani. Mono-white to W/R to W/G. He can learn or create any color of spell, he is just drawn to white and red or white and green at a particular time in his life. Colors can change as easily as emotions and personalities. Not everyone stays the exact same.
>>
Did Serena Anon actually commission porn of his waifu
>>
>>48923503
That anon is apparently a woman and apparently other people commissioned porn of the character after she commissioned art of it, but they got a chub from it.
>>
>>48919428
I've got a good flavour question.

How do you define the different formats of the game within the magic multiverse?

Are Vintage players oldwalkers? Does that make Modern players new-walkers, and Legacy players post-mending oldwalkers?

Where does Limited and Commander come into that model?
>>
>>48923344
Garruk was G/B and even G/R in personality prior to the curse. He was wanting to kill Liliana without any caring why she killed his beasty friend. He didn't care that she didn't provoke it. He didn't care that she was just defending himself. All he cared about was revenge and murdering her. And hell, even being "mono-black", Liliana didn't outright kill Garruk. Twice she had the chance to kill him because he was being an asshat, and she spared him. Does that sound mono-black? Meh. It's all about what is important to you and what affinity you are drawn towards.
>>
>>48923503
My waifu is Gisela, I've never commissioned any art of her, porn or no.

>>48923545
Pretty much.
>>
WHAT IF

A LAND

THAT IS A PLANESWALKER
>>
>>48923665
Vronak already tried that. He made a plane that had a soul that had a spark. I don't remember her name.
>>
>>48923588
That is a fantastic inquiry. And I think you're spot on about these.

Vintage would be oldwalkers who died pre-mending.

Legacy would be oldwalkers that survived into the post-mending.

Modern would be experienced neowalkers.

Standard would be inexperienced neowalkers.

Limited would be walkers who like to live spontaneously and tend to give up old ways for different ways sparingly.

And Commander is simply walkers who are faggots who think hoarding spells makes them versatile and makes them "EDH Master Race".
>>
>>48923707
I didn't make that flake, numbnuts.
>>
File: 1468770552774.png (6MB, 2137x2234px) Image search: [Google]
1468770552774.png
6MB, 2137x2234px
>>48923503
Serena anon is a girl. And it was a few anons. People really want to fuck the titty angel. The art she provided on the character really made it an easy decision for some. Pic related.

>>48923588
I remember the old lore threads figured this out a while ago:
Most neowalkers play standard.
Liliana and ex-oldwalkers play modern.
Sorin and Nahiri in particular play modern EDH, where they used to play Legacy EDH.
All the oldwalkers played Legacy until they lost their powers.
Ugin was a skilled Vintage player until he lost to Bolas so hard he quit until Sarkhan and Sorin managed to get him to start playing the game again. Unfortunately Ugin needs to rebuild his collection and is playing modern while he assembles a new Legacy deck.
And Bolas is pissed because he had a full vintage collection. The best vintage deck, a full playset of all the power nines and lands and all the expensive vintage shit. Then when the mending happened it was like taking his collection and throwing it into a lake. Thus Bolas is pissed off and enacted the conflux. As of the conflux he has returned to the Legacy scene with plans to return to Vintage.
>>
File: Meme Combo.png (249KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
Meme Combo.png
249KB, 446x311px
>>48923665
Yes?
>>
>>48923752
Limited strikes me as mages without sparks.
>>
>>48923811
> Vronak's alter of the W/R Serena pic
>>
>>48923815
I forgot to mention in my post >>48923811
Limited is definitely either plane bound entities or the freshest of planeswalkers. Domri and Narset are Limited players since they haven't been off of Ravnica or D.Tarkir respectively.

>>48923588
Commander is probably just a fancy way of dueling, since planeswalkers love their duels. Though technically all games follow commander's color restrictions, since Chandra isn't going to be casting Goyf or anything for example.
>>
>>48923875
If he did it, it's like the only good thing he's ever done.
The normal version looks too wide to me, I'm sorry.
>>
>>48923813
This is beautiful.
>>
>>48923815
I would say it could be both non-walkers and walkers, because you can play draft/ sealed from any set. So, it'd take a lot of experience. And you can keep changing out what sets you play from. So, then it would be non-walkers who only play from one particular set. And a player(s) that keep playing from multiple sets would be walkers that keep learning spells from a certain plane and using only spells from that plane while they are on it just for the fun of it.
>>
>>48923986
> thick, not wide
I would t say it's the only good thing from Vronak anon. But, considering that there is a lot from him, anything remotely good gets buried on sub-par shit.
>>
>>48923875
>>48923811
>>48923545
Jesus how many fucking things were there
>>
>>48924137
Things as in pics? Pics and writefagging? Be specific with your words.
>>
>>48924137
Unless I'm miscounting: 17 pictures. And a lot. A LOT of non-canon smut to go with her actual story.

We jokingly call her the Jace of the snowstorm because everyone knows who Serena is
>>
>>48924213
Vronak doesn't.
>>
Keep in mind, new guys, that Vronak enjoys actively sowing incorrect information and propagating shit he makes up on the spot.

So take everything you read here with a mountain of salt and research for yourself, because there's a troll that takes joy in misinforming people lurking in the background.
>>
>>48924328
I have never once said anything that was incorrect, technically.
>>
>>48924328
Like what, anon. Name a single thing I was incorrect about. Hint, there is only one thing. Can you name it?
>>
>>48923707
Oh, the shirtless wonder
>>
>>48924420
Her name is Maka. And Vronak-chan didn't make her. I did.
>>
>>48924395
this >>48924392
>>
>>48924445
Des I presume? The creator of such shit stains as Prophecy Bunny and Salem?
>>
>>48924548
That wasn't me, those posts are only seven seconds apart, I am unable to post that quickly.
>>
>>48924445
Holy shit. Des, you live?
>>
>>48924611
Indeedy. Anon-sama.
>>
>>48924644
Unfortunately. ^__^
>>
>>48924712
Did you see what I did with Salem in the highschool AU?
>>
>>48924636
Stop trying to imitate me, piss anon
>>
>>48924733
Prove you're Des. I mean, ^__^ is such a commonly used emoticon that you could be anyone.
>>
>>48924811
You stop trying to imitate me.
I'm still waiting on what I've been wrong on, by the way, but the lack of answers seems to indicate nothing, so I guess I've never said anything incorrect. Could you all grow up now?
>>
>>48924896
>Vronak telling other people to grow up
Jesus, this is hilarious.
>>
>>48924929
That isn't me, I've already dropped this.
>>
>>48924896
>Stop pretending you're me
>no u
Wow, what a great rebuttal.
>>
>>48924761
Just got back, so if it's not in this thread, didn't see it. And I'm a little afraid to ask what the highschool AU is.
>>
>>48924986
It's basically a highschool AU for the flakes.
Full Story
> Kythaela has be depressed ever since her cat died, even developing a psychosis revolving around a split personality of Salem
>She carries a stuffed cat around with her and talks to it.
>one day it's storming pretty badly as she's walking home, she's walking on a bridge when some flying debris smacks her, knocking stuffed salem out of her hands and into the river below
> She freaks out, because this Salem is the real Salem to her and now it's floating down the river. So she gets onto the railing and jumps in after it
>Diomedes is doing his daily jog because a true champion doesn't take days off
>He sees this chick jump into the river, and dives in after her, even though he's optimized for football and not swimming. He's pretty much using just strength to catch up to her and keep his head above water, he reaches Kythaela who's nearing Salem but also treacherous debris or a drop. Diomedes wraps an arm around her and grabs out for the bank. He's able to hold onto both because Diomedes, but Kythaela is screaming for Salem who is floating closer and closer to the ledge before the stuffed cat finally goes over.
>She's fighting against Diomede's grip, biting him and calling him a monster, but he finally yells above the storm that her cat is gone. This breaks Kythaela as the truth comes rushing down on her, and Diomedes pulls her out of the river and onto the shore. He calls 911 and an ambulance eventually arrives so they can make sure Kythaela is alright, she's not saying anything this entire time and is just looking at the river in wide eyed horror.
> Diomedes does visit her a few days later, since the doctor said she might need some time when he went that evening. She's talking again, though still depressed, and Diomedes is still depressed too since he thought it was an actual cat.
>because Diomedes.
>He awkwardly apologizes to her for not saving her cat the other day, but Kythaela shakes her head.
>>
File: image.jpg (318KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1280x960px
>>48924877
How about the fact that I've been too lazy while on vay-cay to finish the snowstorm epic. I'm on chapter five though. Which might be the last chapter. Need more proof? How about pic related?
>>
>>48925021
>She tells him, almost as if it was sticking a knife in her chest to admit it, that Salem died a couple of weeks back and she just didn't want to admit it to herself, that she felt guilty for letting him out that day
>But Diomedes saved her life even when she had thrown it away, and that she couldn't repay him for that.
>He sits down and says she doesn't have to, that if she needs a friend to walk to school with now, just shout his name and he'll interrupt his morning marathon
> she laughs at the absurdity of this, but he makes her promise that she won't be a loner anymore
>She agrees, and he leaves the room. Next morning he's lacing up his sandals when he hears his name being shouted from across town and he takes off.

But a lot of it devolved into a story about Diomedes.
>>
>>48925040
Ok, can people PLEASE stop posting pictures of themselves itt? This is 4chan, not a fucking blog.
>>
>>48924969
Just, stop this, ok? Vronak's already derailed the thread enough, and you aren't helping.

>>48925040
Dude what the fuck's wrong with your testicles?
>>
File: oh shit nigga.jpg (120KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit nigga.jpg
120KB, 1080x1920px
>>48925040
wat you doing?
>>
>>48925021
>>48925049
I absolutely adore this. And why is it that Diomedes is swol for my smol flakes?
>>
>>48925067
Ok Mr. Autist. No one is allowed to have boobies on teh 4chinz.
>>
>>48925098
That is one cute fucking cat. I wish the pick quality wasn't so shit.
>>
>>48925081
They are chesticles. XD
>>
>>48925098
Watching the first Fast n Furiest on Netflix. For reasons. Don't ask.
>>
File: image.png (327KB, 628x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
327KB, 628x504px
This thread died real quick.
>>
>>48925434
when vronak isn't samefagging an argument with himself there's literally nobody talking here.
>>
>>48925512
The funny thing is that I (Vronak anon) wasn't anyone on that arguement previously. All that last bit was different people. And probably piss anon pretending to be me as usual.
>>
>>48925216
Alrighty darlings. I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams. See ya laters.
>>
This should last the thread, hopefully.
As far as I remember, a planeswalker giving up their spark can accomplish wondrous things.
What, if anything, would your flake give their sparks up for.
>>
File: MAGA.jpg (1017KB, 3300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.jpg
1017KB, 3300x2400px
>>48925771
>>
>>48925771
>Leon
To go home again. He's been locked out of his home plane ever since he sparked away.
>Maxwell
Nothing, as of yet.
>Yao Shen
To die in glorious combat against a great power, and be remembered forever as the greatest hunter of all time, who saved the multiverse with his impeccable skills and incredible muscles!
>>
>>48925793
That makes me wonder... If Serena actually met Vronak and actually managed to get passed the whole summoning a clone of Avacyn... If she were to give her spark up to the pseudo-Avacyn, would the pseudo-Avacyn become real and permanent?
>>
>>48925793
>Serena gives her spark to bring Avacyn back
>Only to realize too late
>She's still on Ravnica.
>>
>>48925871
Well who knows. Avacyn was a massively hard feat for an Oldwalker like Sorin pre-mending, so even Serena committing sudoku and giving up her spark I don't think it would be enough to revive her as she was. Maybe it would be enough to return her to life with the powerlevel of the angel sisters? In that case if she had to choose she'd rather give her life for Gisela than a weakened Avacyn.
>>
>>48925933
Well, Vronak's Avacyn isn't the real Avacyn and would never be as powerful as the real Avacyn. But, I'm wondering if a spark gifted to the clone would make her permanent and make her a real thinking sentient being.
>>
>>48926098
Actually now that I think about it, that's a pretty interesting concept for a flake.
>>
>>48926539
It really wouldn't.
>>
>>48925771
Ka'koarm would not give up his spark, one of his more blue/black qualities is his possessiveness of the things he holds dear, the things that belong to him. It's one of the reasons he's working towards his goal, revenge against his people was his, he saw it as something that belonged to him, and he wants to take it back.
>>
>>48926098
no it wouldn't. they're temporary constructs of mana. Karn (because I know you'll bring him up) was built, not summoned, so he could gain a spark.
>>
File: Serena edit.jpg (349KB, 795x768px) Image search: [Google]
Serena edit.jpg
349KB, 795x768px
>>
with posts flying by so fast we'll make it to page 11 in no time
>>
>>48927047
That's a little bit past thick.
>>
File: jace.jpg (52KB, 368x496px) Image search: [Google]
jace.jpg
52KB, 368x496px
All right, you dead thread, here's one for you: where can I pirate Magic novels?
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.