[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is your character evil enough to kill mr.rogers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 39

File: 1460650685253.jpg (98KB, 736x518px) Image search: [Google]
1460650685253.jpg
98KB, 736x518px
is your character evil enough to kill mr.rogers?
>>
>>48893233
Isn't possible
Nerull himself could come to finish Mr. Rogers, and leave a changed god as Mr. Rogers explained to him how special all life, including Nerull's, was and that he knew Nerull could do better.
Mr. Rogers only died because he knew it was his time, and when he did he went quietly with the grim reaper.
>>
Every time my character tries to do something evil, my DM conspires the world to make me end up saving orphans or some shit.
>>
>>48893298
I don't even think Khorne could be angry around Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>48893233
One of mine was, actually. Which is why the rest of the party murdered him in his sleep before he could rip their souls from their bodies. That was a fun game.
>>
>>48893403
I don't think you read the question very carefully.
It's okay though, because we all believe in him, and we believe in you.
>>
>>48894825
Are you sure that's correct? The question only asked if the character was evil enough to kill Mr. Rogers, not whether the character ever had done it.

Sometimes we all read the same thing and come away thinking different things. Sometimes we don't understand each other as well as we would like. But I'm grateful to you for being so polite when you talk to other people, because that makes everyone feel welcome in the discussion. That's a very special skill to have, and it's one of the many good things you do.
>>
>>48893233
One would slit his throat without a second thought, and then animate the body, placing it in a dimly-lit room for others to find.
>>
>>48893233
Evil enough? Yes
Skilled enough? OH heavens no.
>>
>>48893397
Slaanesh once met Mr. Rogers. When they left they were wearing baggy pants and a sweater because they were embarrassed about being so exposed around him.

When Nurgle heard Mr. Rogers was going to visit him, he started cleaning up so as to be presentable.

I don't have one for Tzeentch...
>>
File: bismuth.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
bismuth.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>>48894940
>>
>>48895022
Tzeentch entered a long, stable, relationship.
>>
>>48895022
Tzeentch always told Mr. Rogers the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
>>
File: Olhi8kl.png (792KB, 452x921px) Image search: [Google]
Olhi8kl.png
792KB, 452x921px
>>48893298
>>
"Nothin' personal, guv. Just business."

Playing a roguish thug, he wouldn't necessarily enjoy it, but if he was paid, he'd do it.
>>
>>48894892
This is a skill granted to all life by Mr. Rodgers.
It is up to us to exercise it, Friend.
>>
>>48895071

>actually prefacing murder with "nothin' personal"
>>
He wasn't even born when that show aired, why should he care?

Also he doesn't even know who Mr
Rogers is.

Is called the generation gap my friends.
>>
>>48893298
>>
>>48893233
>mr.rogers
Literally who is this guy?
>>
>>48895159
My friend, I'm not totally sure you read the question correctly. We can't all do everything right on the first try, and that's okay.
>>
>>48895159
That's a very young character, the show only stopped airing in '01

There's also the potential for a cultural gap - non-americans might not recognise Mr. Rogers.

On the other hand he's pretty well known on the internet for being amazingly nice, so not knowing is your own fault
>>
>>48895386

A paragon of good, come from an exalted plane to enlighten the children of an unworthy world that we might know the light within ourselves.
>>
>>48895423
>so not knowing is your own fault
or rather,
but that's okay, it's always a good time to make new friends
>>
File: feelsgoodman.jpg (57KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
57KB, 1920x1080px
>TFW Listening to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vz6iwV38U while I found this thread
>>
>>48893397
>khorne would be angry that people worship the emperor and not Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>48895625
>Khorne is angry because Mr. Rogers died
>he was his biggest fan
>>
>>48895632
>Khorne became sentient because the calmness Mr. Rodgers cause and exuded wavered for a moment when he died.
>>
>>48895151
Who's saying it's prefaced and not while the dear old chap is bleeding from the gizzards?
>>
>tfw Mr. Rogers is actually the most dangerous man in existence and God just needed his help fighting his enemies from beyond existence so he left us for the greater good of protecting his neighborhood

Yeah, I don't think any character is capable of taking him down.
>>
>>48895706
He'd still forgive you.
>>
>>48893233
Doubtful, considering that we're talking about the man who went up against the U.S. Congress, a black cesspool of corruption and deceit, and won, purely with his charm and goodwill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q
>>
>>48895706
It doesn't matter where the edge is.

Well, I mean, some places are stupider than others, but it's never NOT stupid.
>>
>>48893233
No.

Mr. Rogers would probably reduce my grizzled old fighter to tears.
>>
>>48893233
The last PC I finished a campaign with? Hell no, he was in a modern setting, he knew who Mr. Rogers was. He may have embezzled millions of dollars for secret projects and nearly killed the party, but he would NEVER hurt Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>48895740
Well he's famed in song* to be undefeatable, so it's possible

*by which I mean he's in the novelty song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, as the winner of said Showdown
>>
>>48893233
I don't think this is possible, but if it was then that Villain would leave as a changed man.
He would work himself to death, desperatly trying to repent, and go beyond all possible limits to save the multiverse at large.
All because of that man who, even as he prepared to kill him after making his intent known, smiled warmly as said, tears in his eyes, that he believes in him.
>>
>tfw Norwegian, in my early 40s
>tfw our children's programmes were all Norwegian
>tfw never knew about Mr. Rogers until I was an adult
Feels bad man.
>>
File: 1416778062961.jpg (7KB, 163x250px) Image search: [Google]
1416778062961.jpg
7KB, 163x250px
>>48895386
A man who had a children's show since the 60s through the 00s and was a segregate grandfather figure for every child lucky enough to watch his show between those years.
>>
>>48896311
The word you were looking for is "surrogate" but that's okay. We all make little mistakes sometimes, and we're all here to help each other.
>>
>>48893233
Not even Khorne would consider such an undertaking.
Mr. Rogers has powers beyond comprehension.
>>
>>48893233
My villain IS Mr. Rogers. A man that believes that the group can do great things... if only they where properly challenged.
>>
Alright. Who wants to make a feelgood RPG that takes place in the land of make believe? It'd mostly be for kids, but if anyone wants to run a Mr. Rogers Quest, I don't think anyone here would object. Besides, we'd be doing something good for once in our miserable salty lives, and live up to Mr. Rogers expectations of us in some way.

Here's a nice system. A 1d6 system easier than Savage Worlds Or FATE, perfect for kids(and Quests): http://www.tao-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/HQRPG.1.0.1.pdf
>>
>>48896375
This is evil... and brilliant.
>>
>>48896397
it's actually kinda fun playing a villain that LIKES the party. They think he killed a leutenate for failing to kill the party. He actually killed the guy for breaking orders and TRYING TO KILL the party. All the player's paranoid delusions are going to drive them batty when they realize who the BBEG is.
>>
>>48896422
To create the ultimate Hope the fertilizer of despair must be strewn about the field that is the Realm.
>>
>>48896531
Now your feeling me son.

My one true hope is to do a reveal scene like in Hot Fuzz. To see the jaw drop as a nice old man comes to calmly explain what's going on and how proud he is of them.
>>
>>48896554
Good will triumph in the end, especially with the guiding hand of one who is thought to be evil.
When one fights for good whilst draped in evil one will come to a great understanding.
Mr. Rodgers is love.
>>
>>48896375
>villain is testing the players the whole time in order to prepare them for a bigger threat
I like this idea actually
>>
>>48896598
Keep this up and he'll end up a demi-god or something. All that poetry speak is given me ideas.
>>
>>48895658
Khorne wrote a song for Mr Rogers under a different name about how he misses and loves him. http://youtu.be/epFtkbD6Fjo
>>
File: 1467473991883.jpg (112KB, 501x701px) Image search: [Google]
1467473991883.jpg
112KB, 501x701px
>>48893233
Every head has a price.
>>
>>48895151
It's ok if it's not "Pshh... nuthin personnel... kid".
Besides, it's more of a thing you say to make yourself feel better about killing Mr Rogers. Mr Rogers had forgiven you the moment he felt the knife.
>>
>>48893233
Honestly I don't think so. I mean I've made some edgy, evil characters who have even gone as far as infanticide and meaningless torture, but if I picture them encountering Mr. Rogers I just see them getting really nervous and losing the will to do anything to him.
>>
File: Bane.png (57KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
Bane.png
57KB, 256x144px
Yes.
>>
File: nietzsche-uniform-1864.jpg (79KB, 398x700px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-uniform-1864.jpg
79KB, 398x700px
Fred "The Orc Botherer" Nigels would probably just need a good reason.
>>
>>48897017
something your edgy ass clearly could not afford.
>>
>>48893233
One of the NPC I am using a lot could do it, if it was for a reason. A modern setting witch who lost her ability to believe in people but still has the ability to believe in select persons. She still believes in herself for example. She feels that positive outlooks make the world worst because they make it people can not see things for what they are. Because of those issues she views 'common' people as tools and toys.
>>
File: rashislife.png (63KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
rashislife.png
63KB, 160x213px
>>48893233
Not really, but he can drop a rash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX-NOMzv560
>>
>>48897361
I typed out something unkind, but then I reconsidered. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, because I know it doesn't feel good when my feelings are hurt.

When you make a character, do you try to make it original? Some people like that. Other people don't care, and it's okay if you're one of those people. Everybody is different, and I like you just the way you are.
>>
File: 1Possessed.png (2MB, 1117x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1Possessed.png
2MB, 1117x1491px
>>48893233
No, he couldn't bring himself to it.
>>
Well, I'm currently inbetween campiagns right now, but I suppose it'd be possible: my last PC had "killed children for the greater good" as part of his backstory (before you accuse me of being edgy, it was a military sci-fi horror game where most of the PCs were part of Containment Division for the United Colonial Marine Corps) so if he was ordered to kill him, he'd probably do it.

Then again, if Mr Rogers talked to him for long enough, there's a good chance he'd have a change of heart and do what's right - the whole party ended the campaign by going "Nuts to this" and escaping from the Corps (to be fair, they WERE about to execute our NPC Sarge and the PC Corporal for saving our team Psychic from douchebag Marines).
>>
>>48893233
>The omnicidal rage priest
Nope.
>The assassin droid.
Maybe. Only because of his pragmatic streak and being programmed to get the job done.

Literally none of my other characters would willingly even bring a weapon into his house.
Shit, they'd take off their shoes and everything.
Even the half-orc barbarian with a loincloth full of scrying eyes would show some damned respect and dignity.
>>
>>48893233
She has a Messiah Complex so hard she makes Superman look like a scheming pragmatist.
She would be incapable of killing Rogers.

Tazer gun and a pair of handcuffs on the other hand.
>>
>>48893233
My character isn't even evil enough to kill people that are literally shooting at him.
Although he did once threaten to light a baby on fire but he was bluffing.
>>
American actor had a show for children that promoted such a positive outlook on life that Fox News once attacked him for 'giving children false ideas'.
If you are not American and older then twenty, he means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>48899451
Is in reply to
>>48895386
>>
File: Simpsons Darryl_Strawberry.png (408KB, 692x521px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons Darryl_Strawberry.png
408KB, 692x521px
>>48893233

I still dont know who that guy is...
But yes.
>>
>>48895348

Damn, I never watched this man, and this is still bringing tears to my eyes.

Was he really that effective, or am I just a wuss?
>>
>>48899500
He was a effective man. Soothing, understanding, not afraid to touch on subjects like divorce but he handles it well.

He was a god among television and to be honest still is in my heart.
>>
>>48893233
She's evil but she's not a murderer.

>>48899500
Effective. He was a good-natured, patient, charismatic man.
>>
>>48899500

He lived in Pittsburgh and once had his car stolen. When the robbers realized whose car it was, they returned it and left an apology note.
>>
>>48899500

When he was given a lifetime award, he went on up on stage to give his acceptance speech to an audience of hollywood and tv folks, and by the time he was done, all those slimy talk show hosts and cable news blowhards were in tears.
Every five or ten years, crooked senators tried to cut funding for PBS, our public broadcasting system which ran educational shows and things without commercials, to get more cash for their porkbarrel bullshit projects. (It was especially a target for right wing folks, as some of its shows were politically centrist, which made them liberal propaganda when viewed from far enough to the right)
When everything else failed, PBS would ask Mr. Rogers to go up to capitol hill and just talk to them. The most blackhearted, corrupt midwestern PBS-hating asshole politico relented under the simple kindness and empathy that Mr. Rogers displayed. When he talked about how important PBS was to America's children, you realized you had to be one mean son of a bitch to want to shut that down.
>>
>>48899500
Mr. Rogers was what we should all strive to be. World peace is possible.
>>
>>48893233
He's evil enough to try, just not powerful enough to succeed.
>>
So, time to ask another question, then. Who here tries to be the person he knew they could be? Whose characters would be their own world's version?

Personally, the most evil character I had was a man who knew he did wrong, wicked deeds, and his soul was stained with innocent blood. That there was never an excuse for the things he had done, or redemption, but did not want to be this monster any more in a world that would give him no other choices. He never quite got there before the game ground to a halt, but he was planning to build orphanages and homeless shelters to reduce the pains he had felt before, in effort to keep others from ending up where he did-just unable to ever really stop killing or stealing. So no, he wouldn't be evil enough to kill Mr. Rogers unless he was given little other choice. But would his desire to change his ways, despite his lack of knowledge on where to even start, his desire to try and make the world even slightly better than the damage he left behind, be seen as good by Mr Rogers? Or too lacking?
>>
>>48900726
My characters swing wildly between being pretty damn close and "I know you can do so much better."

Very close
>Warforged monk. Kind, selfless, and always looking for a peaceful solution, but can be stubborn and kind of petty when upset about something.
>Starship systems technician. Wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was to protect someone, main motivation is to get his family out of poverty

Needs improvement
>Stand user. Hotheaded and a bit to eager to pick fights, but a pretty decent guy with a strong sense of morality.

You're better than this
>Ex-highwayman. Paranoid, cynical, and prone to jumping the gun, also rude and occasionally slips back into his old ways.
>Disgraced ex-bodyguard. Blunt, cynical, and recently prone to violent anger after the death of a boy he'd taken as an apprentice.
>>
>>48893233
Yes. Afterwards, he'd find out who reanimated his body and give them a long talk about respecting the dead. It's the right thing to do.
>>
>>48899683
what funny is, this sounds like some chuck norris meme shit, but is actually true
>>
>>48902134
It would have been dangerous for them to keep it once people knew that he had his car stolen. People would be looking for it.
>>
>>48902134
well we have actual video evidence of
"Managed to convince congress to change their mind, with a song".
And "when given a lifetime achievement award, called for a minute of silence. And told the crowd he'd keep time".
>>
>>48893233
The only way I'd kill Mr. Rogers is if I had to sacrifice him to save the world like Aslan.
>>
He would've been, but he remembered when he was a boy, and this came to mind.

https://youtu.be/ZAttFerhtnw
>>
It doesn't matter at all how evil a character is because the minute someone would try to kill Mr. Rogers this https://youtu.be/On-at4ygtSc would start ringing in their heads as he hunted them down to make them pay for their arrogance and unneighborliness.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-DsZMKYXzI
he couldn't do it
>>
>>48902462
https://youtu.be/Upm9LnuCBUM His acceptance speech ruins me, every time
I hope if folks believe in a paradise that Mr. Rogers is there to welcome them to his new neighborhood "Your friends and family have told me so much about you and they missed you so much." If meeting Mr. Rogers is how you're greeted at Death's door then ibam okay with it. Also, my last character was a "cleansing light" kind of police officer in a horror campaign. No way in hell he'd kill The Fred Rogers
>>
>>48895348
Fuck, I still miss Mr. Rogers. It tore me apart when he died. It still stings pretty hard.

I hope there is a Heaven because he deserves to be there.
>>
>>48903740
Fuck, I didn't know the guys but he's amazing. What a nice man
>>
Except for maybe your parents, Mr. Rogers was the only man ever to like you for you. Not only that, if you did something wrong, he'd be disappointed in you, no matter who you were, because he saw the potential for good in everyone.

A great man, loved by everyone.

My character would never kill him.
>>48904290
>Fuck, I didn't know the guys but he's amazing. What a nice man
Yeah. He's pretty great. The nicest man ever.
>>
Mister Rogers would explain to my character why it was okay that i was choosing to do this, how he doesn't hold it against me, and he hopes i can make different choices in the future because i can be successful in anything i choose to do.

I would probably leave the table to go hang myself.
>>
>>48893233
My bloodthirsty chainsword knight would probably spend hours in prayer with the priest, and only realize Rogers wasn't praying to the same God-Emperor weeks later. The Evangelion pilot would back down and cry like a bitch in a matter of seconds, and the dastardly cyborg supervillain would personally call upon the Samaritan Society and have his calamitous companions arrested if his they so much as joked about offing Fred Rogers. Nope.
>>
>>48893334
Heh. I like your DM's style.
>>
File: 09f.png (365KB, 600x561px) Image search: [Google]
09f.png
365KB, 600x561px
>>48904465
Why does this cut so deep.
>>
>>48893233

My current character is a bastard of a noble house and an unapologetic conman, any meeting with Mr rogers would end in said character sobbing like a baby as he realises how cruel he has been to people, and would probably become a better person from it
>>
>>48893233
Seeing as our last campaign ended because my character took two of the same super powerful artifact, and destroyed the entire material plane and possibly more killing us and everyone else. So, yes, but unintentionally.

>There was only one of them but we got two of them.
>Because we fucked with time travel and created a paradox.
>trying to keep us from fucking up by trapping a god in it in the first place.
>So we went back into time to steal it before we could royally fuck everything up.
>My character had Instant faked into a trade item spell getting us a second one.
>We then promptly fucked up even more so than previously thought possible
>We had trapped yet another god in the paradoxically obtained one.
>My character then inadvertently destroyed the universe with them.
>Because INT is know that if you smash two god souls together you'll destroy all reality and won't knock the souls out of the orbs in question if you bang them together.
>Wisdom is knowing better than to give it the old college try.
>My character was not wise.

TL;DR: My character took these odd little soul orbs with the souls of divine beings trapped in them (which we got stuck in there by accident) and decided that hitting them together was a good idea. It wasn't.
>>
>>48893233
Man, my last character was based on Mr. Rodgers.
>>
File: congratulations.jpg (140KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.jpg
140KB, 1000x563px
>>48908568
You caused an instrumentality level event on the very fabric of reality with nothing and no one to guide what happens? I have one word:Congratulations.
>>
>>48895423
We are in 2016, take a look at the age some characters start their quest.

And Mr Rogers is basically unknown outside the US. Sure there are youtube videos but you are unlikely to find videos about him unless you are actually looking for him.
>>
The only character I've every played who MIGHT have the ability to kill him, was a young, edgy, adolescent psychopath who enjoyed murdering people for the fun of it.

But, being a small child, even THEY wouldn't be true to character if they didn't take off their shoes, sit down on the floor, and listen to every word he says.
>>
File: image.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>48895805
Right in the feels. The good, fuzzy feels. Thank you for this anon, that warmed my heart
>>
There was a bit from an article on Cracked a long while back, but the writer kind of hit the nail on the head. Rogers was better than anything this world ever deserved.

"He explained death and divorce and disease to kids so that they'd learn which fears were justified and which they could relinquish. His job wasn't only to help children grow up, but to remind adults, always, that they had been children once, and that someone, somewhere, had loved them."
>>
>>48895022
He can make Slaanesh dress appropriately for walking in public.

His mere presence calms Khorne.

Nurgle cleans himself for fear of making Him uncomfortable.

Tzeench tells him the truth and nothing but the truth with no strings attached.

He is, The Most Kind-hearted Man In The Galaxy.
>>
I wonder, if Steve and Fred could have met, what each would have thought of the other.
>>
Blood stained Sweater: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA
>>
>>48893233
My character? No.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-11-19-18-14-1.png (307KB, 1440x949px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-11-19-18-14-1.png
307KB, 1440x949px
>>48896397
>>48896375
This is your campaign now
>>
>>48896375
>the dark citadel is crumbling.
>mr Rodgers lies defeated, a greatsword pinning him to a wall.
>the heroes, exhausted, turn and begin to exit.
>tears are running down his face
>he coughs blood onto the floor, and says his last words
>"I'm so proud of you four."
>>
>>48910911
FUCK
>>
I think we may have forgotten to do a thread for his birthday this year.
>>
>>48896375
Same. My BBEG is basically a hybrid of Mr. Rogers and Vivec
>>
>>48893233
Has Mr. Rogers done anything wrong. Assuming the logical choice that he hasn't than no. I mean he collects the skulls of the death to decorate his armour and paints himself with the blood of his enemies but he has standards.
>>
>>48910911
>A great wizard who, though scrying, saw the doom that would come to mankind.

>And he knew what he had to do. To the people he loved, to the world, so that they might be ready for it.

>But it's okay, because he can take it. Because he's not our friend. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Good Neighbor.
>>
File: Lone_Wolf05_269.jpg (150KB, 728x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Lone_Wolf05_269.jpg
150KB, 728x1019px
>>48893233

No, but I know someone who could.
>>
>>48911512
>Has Mr. Rogers done anything wrong.
He thought Barney was a good show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68C8ONfldPE
>>
>>48912217
That's not what he said. He said that he values people giving a lot of effort to help children. That is exactly the kind of honest-to-goodness thing that makes him so great.
>>
My most Evil character is a 20 year old arrogant asshole who kills for money. He'd probably sell his gun, his Ferrari and his apartment and become a buddhist monk after meeting Rogers. If he killed him he would probably shoot himself shortly afterwards from the guilt.
>>
How would a meeting between Mr. Rogers and the Joker go?
>>
>>48893233
Isn't Mr. Rogers evil himself though?
His entire schtick is compassion, forgiveness, understanding, mercy.
But isn't illogical forgiveness a sin as well?

Forgiving a bandit just so that he can ignore your words and be free to rob and murder again?
Sparing the orc children, in hope that they will become better people, except they never will?

How is excessive compassion different from simply refusing to make a hard, but necessary decision?
Paladin of Mercy this, understanding your enemy that - complete bullshit.

Sometimes you have to remove the weeds in their root in order to grow a beautiful garden.
Refusing to do this just because you are "showing mercy" is nothing more than admitting that you don't have guts to see your ideals through, that means for you are more important than the ends, even if said ends are catastrophic.

Isn't that what Mr. Rogers teaches us? Forgiving our murderers even at the exact moment when they are slitting our throat?

So, yes, to answer your question, my character is capable of killing Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>48913117
And the token Ayn Rand fan appears.
>>
>>48913117
>Refusing to kill a bandit you have captured or defenseless orc children is admitting you don't have the guts to see your ideals through
As retarded as the rest of your post is, this stuck out to me; it makes the least sense. If your ideals are forgiveness and mercy, not killing IS seeing them through. Even if you disagree with those ideals, it is not by weakness that they are followed.
>>
File: Dornanfucksmuties.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dornanfucksmuties.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>48893233
H-hes a mutie.
>>
>>48913154
i was trying to come up with an eloquent way to describe why i hated that post but you did it for me
>>
>>48897315
He looks like Ned Flanders and Teddy Roosevelt had a bastard child and left him on a Prussian orphanage doorstep.
>>
File: Average_Sword_of_Truth_Fan.jpg (91KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
Average_Sword_of_Truth_Fan.jpg
91KB, 600x509px
>>48913117
>>
>>48893233
I think the real question here is whether or not you ate being the person Mr. Rodgers knows you can be, in and out of character.
>>
File: crazy.jpg (239KB, 780x1206px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.jpg
239KB, 780x1206px
>>48913063
>>
>>48893233
180-ing the thread: Has anyone made a character based on Mr Rogers? He's clearly how you neutral good properly.
>>
>>48913715

I wouldn't take that guy seriously but it'd still give him a good fuck.
>>
>>48893233
depends on which one.
>>
>>48914273
If I were to make one it would be some sort of Bard/Cleric multi-class that is all about inspiration and heals. NG obviously but with leanings to LG.
>>
>>48914273
I feel like I came close once.
Made a monk who strives to be the kindest, most helpful individual he can be.
>Feeds the homeless, often spending all of his loot in the process.
>Assumes a merchant with unfair prices has fallen on hard times, offers to help.
>All roadside random encounters dealt with non-lethally, assailant is bandaged and left in a quiet spot to recuperate. Sets up signs to warn future travelers of peril, include detour route for guidance.
>Plays games and teaches basic education (he himself is not that smart either) to the local street urchins
>Defends everyone with his life, regardless of their past. Everyone deserves a a hero.
>Spends his days meditating and smiling. Trusting in his good karma to carry him through to tomorrow.
>>
File: 36.jpg (131KB, 1710x840px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
131KB, 1710x840px
>>48893233
My character from my fallout game is an unstable sociopath who's killed men solely for being rude/bitchy to him thrice in one week and who's negotiating skills can best be described as pic related. If mister rogers ever offended him on a bad day or multiple times in a short span then yes he would undoubtedly shoot him down in a fit of impotent rage. Which is to say no he would never be able to kill Mister Rogers as he is utterly incapable of being rude nasty, or hurting anyone's feelings.
>>
My old merc would if...
It was needed to finish a mission. (Such as creating symbol to fuel an army to revenge.)
Or if Mr. Rogers' nice nice ploy was going to get him or one of his friends killed, then yeah. it's for my greater good.
>>
>>48913117
The real issue is if you do nothing to continue seeing that mercy through. With the bandit example, in the right hands the spared bandit could be part of a town down on it's luck and seeking to hire a band of adventurers to handle some magic issue costing them dearly and driving away trade. The bandit could also be taken as improvised hirelings, morality slowly drilled through their thick skulls, and end up potential new adventurers helping towns solve their issues if taught well enough. As for why you would want that, it keeps a steady supply of people handling the small stuff so you don't have to, and could lead into starting your own adventurer guild. The orc children are the same, needing to find direction for their violent tendencies that would be of service to the good of others. It becomes the merciful's duty to try and teach them to be protectors instead of ravagers, peacemakers instead of warmongers. That said, you may have a point if the merciful lacks the resolve to see it through. Someone who thinks his job is over after beating up a few people and then lecturing them is a fool, and whatever issues those they thought had learned from them then fall on their heads for their foolishness.

That said, Mr Rogers tried his best to see change in the children of a nation as long as he was able to. He lived his life doing all he could to help others rise up from what their beginnings may have been, and see what they could be, their ideal self. He did his best to see that through, and for some it worked, for others it did not, but he kept trying to help raise up those that had issues. He did what he did with compassion and forethought, and he made the world a bit better for his efforts. For seeing what he could through as long as he could, as far as he could, he was most certainly not evil.
>>
One could justify it with enough mental gymnastics fairly easily.

The rest I doubt it, maybe another two have a slight chance.
>>
>>48896531
Calm down Komaeda
>>
>>48914273
While the character didn't fully live up to a non-lethal approach. He tried his best to just be inherently altruistic and friendly at all turns, held no real strong convictions besides being a good person in the moment.

The GM promptly shat on the character hard and did his best to always make whatever good happened turn into something awful.
>>
>>48913715
Damn, I'd do him
>>
>>48895022
Mr. Rogers thought Tzeentch the importance of being honest towards others
>>
>>48915149
>The GM promptly shat on the character hard and did his best to always make whatever good happened turn into something awful.
I hope you calmly sat down with the GM after the session and voiced your complaints in a reasonable manner.
>>
>>48913063
The Joker would go to Batman, hug him, and turn himself to the police
>>
>>48900726
I have a dragon with levels in Cleric who is basically my campaigns Mr. Rogers. He goes around disguised as a kindly old human storyteller who has gone blind. He wears warm tunics and loafers as he calmly explains things, teaches the masses and defuses hostile situations. Any town or city, village, hamlet, castle, keep, even caves, camps and dungeons. He just goes where ever teaching these lessons about how all peoples can work and live to each others benefit, how to embrace what makes each and every one of us special and valuable with wonderful ideas and special skills that can improve the world.

I watched Mr. Rogers, every single one of his episodes. I did papers and researched the man greatly. My only dream was to actually meet the man himself one day and just thank him for what he'd done. But just like he told me once, sometimes a good friend must move and that while it was okay to be sad or cry, we couldn't let that make us forget the good times and fond memories that we shared with them.
>>
>>48900726
I mostly make pretty good characters. At worst they're "X but ultimately a good person". The most "Evil" thing one of my characters has ever done is burn down an orphanage, and that had some very extenuating circumstances.
>>
>>48893233
They'd recognize him as the paragon of righteousness and kindness that he is and beg to join him.
>>
From my point of view Mr. Rogers is evil.

Filling kids' minds with lies and weakness.
>>
>>48893233
What damage could a chaotic good mr Rogers do?
>>
Unfortunately, yes. Thanks to the Storyteller's mandatory multiple diablerie plot arc, my character is at 2 Humanity from 7 in just a few months. He's having a bad time.
>>
>>48914595
Shooting someone is the opposite of being impotent.
>>
>>48915149
>The GM promptly shat on the character hard and did his best to always make whatever good happened turn into something awful.

So your DM was one of the writers for The Walking Dead?
>>
File: ITG-dorquemada.jpg (58KB, 477x700px) Image search: [Google]
ITG-dorquemada.jpg
58KB, 477x700px
>>48915690

>liberal pussies at it again
>>
>>48893233
My current Shadowrun group resorted to selling SINless children to Aztechnology wholesale to pay their debt, so under circumstances dire enough, they probably would.
>>
>>48900417
You can watch his appeal to them on youtube, and I would recommend it to eveyone.
>>
>>48916345
>liberal pussies
>when it was conservatives that always got ass blasted by Mr. Rogers
Ok buddy.

On topic, no I don't think my character could kill someone who just wants to bring out the best in everyone. If anything he'd probably canonize him as a saint of the God of compassion.
>>
>>48916460
>irony
>...
>clouds
>...
>you

But it's okay, we all make mistakes.
>>
>>48914273
Mr Rogers can only be Rao. The God that can talk down even Nerull.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rao_(Greyhawk)

My god this thread has had had me crying for the last half hour. I've forgotten how good people can be.
It's so nice to see such nice people who all remember Mr Roger.
>>
>>48916539
Yeah, I realized my mistake when I went back and gathered the context. My bad. I shouldn't post after working a graveyard.
>>
>>48915835
> simply speaking with Mr Rogers brings you back to humanity 10.
>>
>>48893233
>Madman consumed with vengeance after being left for dead by his best friend in a war zone
Your time is up, Rodgers. I've been waiting a long time for this.
>>
>>48893233
My character is a neutral good pacifist cleric of the deity of family, protection, healing and love, so if anything, she'd probably see him as the embodiment of everything one should strive to be as a mortal.
>>
>>48915835
I am one thousand percent certain that within the context of World of Darkness, Mr. Rogers has a True Faith of 5, or higher. Your character wouldn't even be able to get near Rogers, let alone hurt him.
>>
>>48916637
Would Mr. Rogers forgive a soul-murderer, though? That's just so heinous.
>>
File: 1448765649786.png (978KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1448765649786.png
978KB, 1024x1820px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA
Nobody can beat Mr. Rogers.

NOBODY
>>
>>48916773
The ability to forgive is within everyone of us, just as the willingness too change.

By forgiving you your getting that chance, be the person Mr Rogers knows you can be.
>>
Probably not. He's a guilt-ridden, hateful mess raised by a single mother, so a male authority figure acting immensely kind towards him and telling him he's a good person would likely cause him to break down in tears
>>
Can I just say I love all of you? I was having a really crapy day but then I found this thread.
>>
>>48918031
Same anon
Same
I'm just happy that there was someone who was able to touch all of our lives like Mr. Rogers. I live near Pittsburgh and now I just wish I was able to meet him before he passed.
God Bless Mister Rogers

And Anon

I like you just the way you are
>>
>Are your characters evil enough to try to kill Mr. Rogers?
No. My characters are an LG Cleric, an LG Paladin, a CG Rogue/Mage, and a TN Bard whose life collapsed because of pressure from his community that expected too much.
>Would your characters be capable of killing Mr. Rogers
Certainly not, my campaigns never go beyond level 20.
>>
>>48915690
I have the high-ground.
>>
>>48893233
Why must you remind me of what an awful human being I have become?
>>
>>48893233
I'm the DM, so I can say that the straight up evilest person in the setting would vaporize him without a second thought, because said evil dude is a literal heartless monster, gains power for doing Chaotic Evil stuff, and would probably savor it as the penultimate act of monstrosity. There would probably be divine retribution or at least a crusade in response.
>>
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mr._Rogers_(3.5e_Deity)
>>
>>48916606

It's okay, you're just doing your best and you can't get everything right all the time.
>>
literally who?

no one cares about yout local celebs fucking amerifats.
>>
>>48921062
Are you having a bad day? It's ok, we will listen to your problems. Your always welcomed here.
>>
A villain who was based on Mr Rogers and still acted the same would be a wonderful idea indeed.
>>
>>48893397

>ARRRGGHHHH
>YOU'RE SO FUCKING.... NICE
>>
>>48916830
humor is welcome, but please do not use your gifts to demean anyone, especially such a wonderful man.
>>48916565
Mr. Raogers is a god I want to worship
>>
God this thread is so comfy.
>>
>>48921993
>Make him a priest in you campain.

>He doesn't keave town but he heals you for free if you don't have money.

>He also teaches homeless kids.
>>
>>48893233

I don't know this man, so I have no attachments to him. You are fond of him, I have no memories of him.
>>
>>48916269
I say impotent because he sometimes throws a bit of a tantrum that ENDS with someone getting shot.
>>
>>48922176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPIVxHXtOk
>>
>>48902462
>"Managed to convince congress to change their mind, with a song"
Here's the video of that if anyone would like to see it. It's worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA
>>
>>48915114
What's wrong with wishing the best for my friends?
>>
I'm not american and have no relation to him at all, so yeah, if my character had to.
>>
>>48922462
but in order to kill him, your character would have to know who he is.
There are enough videos in this thread to get to know him, at least a little. I highly recommend watching them.
>>
>>48922676
Not necessarily. You can have a picture, an adress and you gut him in the dark. You don't need to know about his feelings.
>>
>>48922854

>You don't need to know about his feelings.

That's ok, but he does want to know about your feelings if you're comfortable sharing them.
>>
>>48922854
you'd be in the same country, the same city.

Trust me, you'll have heard about him. Watch the videos, you'll realize why.
>>
>>48922920
STOP TALKING
LET ME GUT YOU GODDAMIT
>>
>>48922970
How so?
>>
>>48893233
No, if anything he'd beat the living shit out of anyone that tried their hand at killing him, party member or otherwise. This is of course assuming that the paladin didn't beat him to it. Don't fuck with Mr.Rogers son.
>>
>>48922970
>people agreeing and being nice is reddit
perhaps I don't understand this the way you do. do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>48915069
>Mr Rogers tried his best to see change in the children of a nation as long as he was able to.

And that worked splendidly, didn't it? People who grew up with the guy are kindhearted and compassionate, not entitled and hypocritical.
Right?
His thing is that he 'loves you just the way you are', right? That means that unless he doesn't really 'love you just the way you are', he's tolerant of flaws in people.
He wouldn't try to stop you from doing harmful things, he would forgive you and expect you to stop doing harmful things just because of that.
He's naive. He believes that everyone can do good things, when in truth most people are assholes who would screw him over for that belief.

He tells kids who aren't special or different that they're unique little snowflakes who can do anything if they set their minds to it.
This doesn't make them nicer, it makes them overconfident and entitled. When they finally fail to do 'anything that they set their minds to' and become yet another office-drone, they'll have done so without any preparation for how things actually are.
This is how you get people obsessed with escapism (everything from reality shows to anime, vidya, and tabletop games). You paint them a picture of a world that doesn't exist when they're young, and then toss them into reality.
Also, they externalize all of this. They're special, right? It can't be their fault for listening to a TV-show host (as well as other TV shows, their schools, etc.) as opposed to any voices of reason.
Mr. Rogers wasn't the only person to do this, of course. He was just one vector of a widespread disease. That doesn't justify his actions.

You can talk about his little accomplishments like the car thieves returning the car and being able to deal with Congress by being nice, but they're irrelevant in the long run.
His show has accomplished nothing but harm.

Also:
>inb4 Ayn Rand
I'm not the same guy as whoever it was that wrote the post higher up in the thread.
>>
>>48923293
you want to talk about anything, anon? you sound like your having a rough time.
>>
>>48923366
Don't worry about them, anon. It'll take much more then a pep talk to fix that amount of cynicism.
Are there any trained therapists in here that could help this poor fellow?
>>
>>48923293
except that's not what Mr. Rogers actually said. It's only what people who haven't heard, or at least not listened to, Mr Rogers think he said.

They assume because he's talking to children that his message was simplistic. But Mr Rogers didn't believe in talking down to kids, and his message wasn't simplistic.

Saying 'I love you just the way you are', isn't contradictory with helping someone be better. Saying people are loved and special, just for being human, doesn't mean that they are entitled to everything.

He didn't provide them with pure escapism where nothing bad happens, he talked about problems and fears. Those from within and those from without.

The reasons congress gave him the money wasn't just because what he said was so nice, it was because it was a single example of teaching something really important, in a way a child could clearly understand. It showed them what he was doing was something they wanted to support him doing.
>>
>>48923088

He's new enough that he thinks the whole Mr. Rogers thing doesn't belong here. I would suggest he LURK MOAR.
>>
File: 1466733637964.jpg (103KB, 850x765px) Image search: [Google]
1466733637964.jpg
103KB, 850x765px
>>48923293
>This is how you get people obsessed with escapism
Nigger do you not realize where we are right now? Motherfucker this is a board dedicated to a hobby that is about nothing BUT an obsession with escapism of the most fantastical sort. I'm not knocking the rest of your argument, but that's just a fucking retarded train of thought there.
>>
>>48923556
>I'm not knocking the rest of your argument

I am.
>>
>>48923556
you are correct, but this is a thread dedicated to Mr. Rogers. please honor him with a kind word and gentle heart. thank you.
>>
File: Way to Far.jpg (5KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
Way to Far.jpg
5KB, 200x157px
>>48919822
This so much it physically hurts.
>>
>>48923667
>>48919822
It's alright. You can become better. I love you just the way you are, but I believe you can be even better. whatever you have done, you can be redeemed. I think Mr. Rogers would want you both to know that. I want you to know that too. I love you both.
>>
>>48923556
Didn't you see that I mentioned tabletop games in my list of things that people use as escapism? I'm very aware of that.
I'm also only here because /tg/ has the best threads for discussion and debate, at least out of all the boards that I've seen. Also because shitposting is fun.

>>48923517
You might be right that Rogers himself was not like that. Kids interpreted him to be like that (because they're kids, talking to them like small adults only works in a few cases) and took that message from him, so your point is irrelevant.
Also, there were many other vectors of the same disease that were teaching much more simplified versions of the same message, as in the stuff that I wrote in my post. This served to further muddle the message in kids who already misinterpreted what he was saying.

He was a good man, of course. He just didn't end up doing good.

Also, I said that he was being 'nice' to Congress due to character limits, not because I didn't know why Congress helped him.
>>
>>48923517
This.
>>
>>48923787
>Kids interpreted him to be like that

[citation needed]
>>
>>48923776
Thank you, faggot.
>>
>>48923834
Look around you, friend. Is there anyone here who actually, honestly wants to make people better? No, it's just Chuck Norris-tier memeing.

Even outside of this little bubble, how many of the kids who grew up with Mr. Rogers are legitimately taking his message to heart? Probably a few, sure, but they're the ones who would be 'special' (and help others) even without a sweater-wearing pedophile telling them to.

People aren't 'being the people Mr. Rogers wanted them to be' because they can't be that person. They simply do not have that capability.

At best he was irrelevant, just one slightly-better-than-average 'special' message to kids. At worst he was harmful.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (44KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
44KB, 800x800px
>>48910911
please no..
>>
>>48924077
>pedophile

You've gone too far now.
>>
>>48924077
So, you're subjective anecdotal experiance is worthy of evidence.

> Is there anyone here who actually, honestly wants to make people better?
yes. I'm not always up to it, but I try. Plenty of others have helped me, people who I know grew up with Mr Rogers.

I know parents who find it easier to teach and deal with their kids because of what they learned from Mr. Rogers.

> They simply do not have that capability.
It's sad that you believe that, but I don't, and it doesn't fit what I've seen. I've seen people reach up to try and be better when given the opportunity.

And the actual evidence we have, suggests that when people believe that they can change their situation, they are healthier, they are more active.
That the pessimism, which you consider realism, makes people less likely to change their situation.

Depression is also real problems, arguably more harmful than entitlement, and we have evidence that simply honestly told that someone cares about them and wants them to be better helps.
>>
>>48924077
>a sweater-wearing pedophile
you're thinking of the other guy
>>
File: Anecdotal Evidence.jpg (136KB, 960x835px) Image search: [Google]
Anecdotal Evidence.jpg
136KB, 960x835px
>>48924331
>So, you're subjective anecdotal experiance is worthy of evidence.

Why, of course! It's the internet, after all, and terrible arguments like his can always be backed up with flimsy calls to "look around," paired with his mountain of confirmation bias.
>>
>>48924441
Alright, you want evidence? First you should bring some to the table yourself.

The (uncited and therefore worthless) evidence that you are bringing to the table suggests that people who believe that they can change their situation are more likely to TRY to change their situation.
This, of course, makes them more likely to change their situation (as it gives people who are able to do so the motivation to try). Not everyone can change their situation.
In fact, people who cannot do that will be even more depressed from the false hope given by Rogers and other people like him.
You can't avoid depression by making people feel good, you can only delay it and let them cover it up with entitlement.

Am I pessimistic? Yes, I am. I don't harbor any delusions of looking at the glass 'as it is'. You, however, are an optimist, and thus cannot criticize me for looking at things through a lens.

In any case, half of this shit is bait for fanatical Mr. Rogers fans. I do believe a lot of what I'm saying, just not that this applies to Mr. Rogers. There are much worse TV shows out there.

I mean, I called him a pedophile, for Christ's sake. I know that he isn't one.

>>48924331
Oh, look at you! So clever, so sarcastic. You even used a smug logical fallacy image, how cute! I can adopt that tone, too, if you'd like.
Either way, it's not as if his argument is supported by much more evidence than mine, idiot.
>>
>>48925011
Fucking Christ. I meant to direct the two parts of the post at the other person.

The top part is directed at the actual argument.

The bottom part is directed at Smug McSarcastic.
>>
>>48925011
>I can adopt that tone, too, if you'd like.

I'm not sure we could tell the difference, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>48896375
Same.
>>
>>48925042
are you feeling down, anon? sometimes life gets me down too. I asked earlier if you want to talk about anything, but I think you're too down to talk. I hope you feel better, anon. I do.
>>
>>48925124
I was being overly negative and harsh, but was I being smug? Maybe. I guess it's just how you read the posts. It's hard to get tone right in text, anyway.
>>
>>48900417
>>48916422
The best part is that he was appealing to keep the 2.2 million dollar budget and they were so moved they gave PBS a 10 million dollar budget.
>>
>>48925011
So what's the answer, anon? A boot stomping on everyone's face 24/7?
>>
>>48925179
>>48925011
Also thank you for talking in such a civil tone, it is appreciated, as are you.
>>
>>48925401
Maybe they never got to feel like someone really cared about them. I hope they know that I do, even though I've never met then and might not ever, I do, because they're someone, and that's reason enough to care.
>>
>>48924077
I would like to make people better. I don'the know how, but I would like to. I try to help people around me by listening to their issues, helping with what I can, and if I know someone who could either help or point them in some direction for help, I help them get in touch with said person. I try to do that for anyone I see with issues too, whether I like them or not, because they are hurting in some way and it is not good to leave others in pain no matter the relationship to them. This nature is taken advantage of, or likely is, by people who may fake being in trouble, but you try and help others up from a hard spot.

That all said, don't call Mr. Rogers a pedophile. That's just speaking ill of a guy who thought the world could be better than what it is, and tried to affect what he could. You have to show some respect for that kind of spirit, at least, even if you feel he did more harm than good, because he tried to help give others the foundation to work from. If anything, I would say hate the fact that the concept got so perverted into a harmful message.
>>
>>48925675
You know what? That's actually a very fair point, anon. I made sure to say that he was a good man with good intentions, but you're right.
It's the corruption of his idea that should be hated.

There are a few other things about him that I don't like (unconditional support and tolerance being one of them), but he is a good person.

I did say that calling him a pedophile was purely bait for Mr. Rogers fans, though.
>>
File: man what if I told you shit.jpg (10KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
man what if I told you shit.jpg
10KB, 300x235px
>>48925887
>I did say that calling him a pedophile was purely bait for Mr. Rogers fans, though.

Oh, and that just makes it all okay, huh?
>>
>>48926004
No, it doesn't. However, half of the things that I said were bait for Mr. Rogers fans.

I was trying to bait Mr. Rogers fans.
I wasn't trying to speak ill of him because I do not like him, I was speaking ill of him because it would make people mad.

It's not a justification, but it is an explanation as to why I would say that other than 'I hate Mr. Rogers' or 'I am spreading misconceptions about Mr. Rogers'.

It's also the truth.
>>
File: sad roose.gif (40KB, 269x317px) Image search: [Google]
sad roose.gif
40KB, 269x317px
>tfw born too late to grow up with Mr Rogers
>>
File: 1450551736126.png (41KB, 313x260px) Image search: [Google]
1450551736126.png
41KB, 313x260px
>>48924077
>sweater-wearing pedophile
>>
>>48895386
A TV personality that taught children basic skills such as counting and anatomy, but most importantly talked about serious subjects as if his audience where just little people and with a gravitas and sincerity about always caring that I only wish we could find in a political figure.

This is a man who once had a young fan who was blind write in about being concerned about the fish, because she couldn't see if he was feeding them, and so every show after that he made sure to describe feeding them.

The man spent not just his career but his entire life trying to make the world about better place in little ways, and to help other people be the best person they could, without ever criticizing or attacking them. Whether on his show, or during an interview, or in any stories of his personal life.

If he hadn't been so simply good and kind, there probably would have been a religion or movement founded in his name. But that can't but seem wrong, because he always made being that good seem reachable and possible for every individual even when they weren't being like that.

He could redeem a pedophile african african warlord terrorist, and not only that but make other people be willing to give him a chance and not hold his past against him.

The rest of the world doesn't know what they missed out on.
>>
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moments-that-prove-mr.-rogers-was-greatest-american

Ignore that it's cracked, it's a great read
>>
>>48893233
None I'm playing at the moment, but have a played a few shadowrunners who would have done it. Only if Johnson was paying for wetwork on a public figure though.
>>
>>48926117
I think the problem is when people put the whole burden on Mr. Rogers for making someone into a good person. He isn't a saviour, he's not a saint or a leader.

He's the voice that reminds you that you can be better. He never said that times wouldn't be hard or that failure couldn't happen, but still urged you to try and to do the best you could because you were worth your best efforts.

For many children, he was the ONLY voice telling them these things. In low income, single parent or abusive homes or for just the latch key kids, he was the one saying that it was okay to hurt. That others hurt just like them and they could choose to reach out instead of lash out. Those kids learned more than enough of how harsh life could be, he told them they could make a world that was better.

Things only go to crap like how you complain when parents don't let their kids watch anything except Mr. Rogers. Even then, he dealt with serious problems like divorce and death, or fighting with your friends or parents, or being lonely, or different, or blind or deaf or all sorts of things and to remind kids that when they didn't have any other friends he was still their friend.

It wasn't the "you're anything special snowflake" BS participation award you're thinking of, but "You're anything person who has worth, even if others don't see it, and even if you don't believe it I do." Believe in the me that believes in you kind of thing.

And he always 100% walked the fucking walk. You wrote to him, he would write back.
>>
>>48895386
You know how some people are pieces of shit, some people are great, and the vast majority are just sort of decent?

Mr. Rogers was amazing. Better than good. He was like in the 99.9999th percentile of kindness and good will towards others.

You can't even feel inadequately good compared to him because he really genuinely liked every person he ever met. He'd make you feel like a better person than you were, just for a while.
>>
File: 1437695288200.jpg (6KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1437695288200.jpg
6KB, 250x244px
Did any of you sincerely enjoy watching Mr. Rogers as a child? No offense to the man, but was a boring as all fuck show.
>>
>>48893233

Mr Rogers won the Ultimate battle of Ultimate Destiny.

Pretty sure none of my characters would be remotely capable of taking him on even if they had the drive. They'd be like, "OK, so in order to make this plan work we need to kill someone, who is it going to be OH SHIT. Let's... Lets take plan B. It takes a decade more but is actually feasible."
>>
>>48899500

He's that good.

Put it this way, when his car was stolen one day, it was returned the next with a note saying, "If we knew it was yours, we wouldn't have taken it."
>>
>>48926958
Oh no, it was TOTALLY boring. But not everything has to be exciting or interesting. I don't think little sugared-up nine year old me really appreciated it at the time, but comfy is an amazing thing.
>>
>>48896612

I actually did this once for a game. One of the best games I ever ran. The PC's ran around utterly confused to the motives of the BBEG, and only fully understood their intentions near the last arc.
>>
>>48893233
My character is a multi-dimensional omnipotent who has pulled the atmosphere out of planets just enough to burn the inhabitants alive over the span of a day before cracking the planet itself.

I'm DMing ucrrently and that's the godly entity of the setting

No. She couldn't if she wanted to.
>>
>>48893233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juw4arkoJJw

>killing mr rogers unleashes pure good on the entire universe
>his dying breath changes existence for the better

HAIL
>>
>>48926899
>You're anything person who has worth, even if others don't see it, and even if you don't believe it I do
Human being does not have inherent worth. There's 7 billions naked monkeys with opposable thumbs on this miserable ball of mud that can only comfortably support one. Market for persons is oversaturated beyond measure. An average person is worse than nothing. Nothing does not occupy space, waste irreplaceable resources and contribute to pollution and global warming.
>>
I don't really know this man but he seems like the father I always wanted
>>
File: then there's this fag.jpg (484KB, 1224x552px) Image search: [Google]
then there's this fag.jpg
484KB, 1224x552px
>>48928269
>>
File: IMG_113003672316138.jpg (75KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_113003672316138.jpg
75KB, 540x960px
Aw fuck man, now you got me repenting all of the burned buildings, the genocide, and the way I severed the ears of my foes to make a new belt.

I'll be good. I guess...
>>
>>48928330
Now now, Mr. Rogers wouldn't want us stooping to their level. That's what they want.

>>48928269
Now friend, you seem to be in a rut. Do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>48928514
>Maybe if I imitate some preachy sweater-wearing cunt I saw on TV and spew platitudes like he did it might make me feel like I have some worth
>>
>>48926117
You're up late on a Sunday, calling a genuinely good man a pedophile in order to feel something by provoking the people who loved his message that all people have value?

Are you ok, anon? It's alright, sometimes life leaves us somewhere we didn't want to be. Lashing out to feel something isn't unusual. He would forgive you.
>>
>>48928718
Worth is an entirely human concept, it exists only in the medium of human relations and there for is were ever and in what ever you want it to be. No one can take that from you unless you let them, and I am truly sorry that you have lost the sight of your own, friend.
>>
>>48895048

The thing is, Anon, Tzneetch always tells the truth.

But there are many truths, Anon, and Tzneetch tells them all.
>>
>>48895386

A dirty filthy capitalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcfi49pmDjw
>>
>>48894892
>>48908883
Nice
>>
>>48924077
Dude I work at Ralph's. Litlerly every day I look forward to making someone else's day better.
But it's ok if you disagree with me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I respect that.
>>
>>48913117

Go jerk off to Atlas Shrugged elsewhere.

>>48913154

Am I doing it right?
>>
What would happen if you made Mr. Rogers wear a cursed helmet if opposite alignment?
>>
>people arguing over shit no one cares about
>in a thread about mr. rogers
>>
>>48930745
>people arguing over shit no one cares about
>in a thread about shit no one cares about
Sounds about right
>>
>>48893233
She wants to believe she is.

The alternative is accepting that she isn't happy, and that she didn't want to do the things she's done. Accepting that she feels remorse for the screams of those children. Accepting that she doesn't hate the humans the way the rest of her kind do.
>>
>>48930259
The helmet gets purified.
>>
File: Nighborhood Watch.png (29KB, 1001x247px) Image search: [Google]
Nighborhood Watch.png
29KB, 1001x247px
>>
>>48929397

Actually that clip says he's against that kind of thing, trying to force children into being consumers.
>>
File: evil.jpg (117KB, 774x981px) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
117KB, 774x981px
>>48893233
Yes in fact no, I just wanted to post that pic
>>
>>48931662
It's kind of funny since after the clip it plays a song about listening carefully
>>
>>48913117

>Implying orc children taught by Mr. Rogers wouldn't try to be the orcs he knew they could be.

Someone here hasn't been paying attention.
>>
>>48930974
let love into your heart
>>
>>48893233
>playing wimpy urchin teen with a bow
>wouldn't even kill a bunch of evil lizard people in their sleep
>NG
Absolutely not.
>>
When Mr. Rogers received a note from a mother whose blind daughter was concerned about whether or not he remembered to feed the fish, he went on to announce when he was doing so, so that little girl and any other blind viewers would know, and wouldn't have to worry
>>
>>48893233
I've got two that might try to do something like that first being if he was contracted to do it because he's an android inquisitor of contracts. The second would only try to kill him if he was a noble. But I recon Mr Rogers could convince them both to turn their lives around.
>>
>>48913715
This guy is so hot. I want to cuddle him while espousing the virtues of capitalism.
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.