[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deck building games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Has anyone ever played resident evil: the card building game? My friend wants me to buy it so we can add it to the collection of board games.

Im not sure how much fun it is but I would like to hear personal opinions.

My other option is the pathfinder deck building game. But again, I don't know much about these games.

What would you recommend I buy, which was more fun for you?
>>
It started out kinda shitty but eventually got good.

I HEAVILY suggest buying the latest set and then working your way back (the new resource cards in the last set really change the game for the better)

Pathfinder is barely a deck builder. It's not bad as a coop, but kinda fiddly and frustrating.
>>
>>48867641
haven't played it. still waiting on the HP deck builder to come out, then someone to Adhoc rules for it allowing you to build up cards though all 7 years instead of reseting decks at the start of each year.
>>
File: pic1751753.jpg (182KB, 1660x771px) Image search: [Google]
pic1751753.jpg
182KB, 1660x771px
I and a friend got it, along with Tanto Cuore. After playing both, the Resi deckbuilder was permanently shelved and Tanto Cuore became a favourite. Take that as you will.
>>
>>48869037
Scrapyard maid OP, pls nerf.
>>
The pathfinder card game is pretty long to set up and a bit of a mindfuck, but once it gets going it is super fucking fun.

I got one called Star Realms that is super cheap, small, and a blast to play.
>>
>>48869037
Is this the definitive weeb deckbuilder or is there anything else worth checking out
>>
>>48873742
depending on how weeb you wanna go there's also Barbarossa
>>
>>48867641
What is a deck building game? Is it like Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh?
>>
>>48873802

Not the same, although deckbuilders were somewhat inspired by them.

In a deckbuilding game, instead of building your deck of cards ahead of time, building a deck is actually part of the game mechanics.

Each player generally starts with a small deck of relatively low value cards, but can spend those cards to acquire better cards that are added to their deck over time. As you add cards you get better hands that can do more, letting you improve your deck further or score points that will eventually lead to you winning the game.
>>
>>48873844
That sounds kind of fun actually.

What's the best non-weeaboo one to play?
>>
>>48873844
Is it somewhat like the munchkin games then?
>>
>>48873863

Dominion is the classic of the genre, the first with the most expansions, but there's loads of them around by this point. Star Realms is a good example, it's a single small box but it has a lot of replay value in it.

>>48873876

Not quite. In Munchkin-esque games your cards are either in hand or in play. In a deckbuilder, you're literally building and recycling a deck of cards. At the end of each turn, usually, any cards left in your hand are discarded, along with anything you played and anything you purchased that turn. But since decks are small, after a couple of full redraws your deck is empty, so you reshuffle it and start drawing again... Except now, all those better cards you bought are in there. It's still semi-random when they come up, but by getting multiple of some cards, stripping out others and keeping your deck small and efficient, you can set up potent combos to try and get ahead of your opponents.
>>
>>48873758
No matter how weeb, but preferably not 18+
>>
>>48873742
There's Heart of Crown which will come out soonish
>>
>>48875635
Looks good. I might get it.
>>
>>48869037
Does this game have any essential expansions? It looks pretty fun.
>>
File: pic2528014.jpg (2MB, 2343x2343px) Image search: [Google]
pic2528014.jpg
2MB, 2343x2343px
try this. its a classic deckbuilder but it hase some extra mechanics in it like area control, movemnt on the board, you can attack other players, it has a little team play.... all in all I think it the most interesting deck builder out there. I mean You have Tanto Cuore, Ascension, Star Realms and what not... but they get boring after a while. This one is interesting enough to make you come back again and again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.