[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Rage thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: GaeasBlessing.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
GaeasBlessing.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
What are your MTG rage stories /tg/?

> Be playing Casual at the FLGS against particularly greasy player
> My mono-green Fungus deck against his Blue/Black Mill.
> Not doing to well, and library is down to about fifteen cards.
> Then he plays Ambassador Laquatus. Top 3 cards of my deck go to graveyard.
> Pic-related is the last card to go to grave.
> Guy throws a fit. Says card can't possibly be legal.
> It's legal, and we're playing Casual besides that.
> Guy basically rages out of the store
> Come back next week, hear that he basically rage quit MTG as a whole and sold all his cards to the LGS.
> Goodriddance.jpeg
>>
File: Noface.gif (546KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Noface.gif
546KB, 200x150px
he should've just milled you out in response to the Blessing trigger.

Then again

>expecting a casual UB mill deck to do that
>>
>>48868959
Alright competitive /tg/ man, do explain how instant speed mill causes someone to lose the game with a Gaea's Blessing trigger on the stack.
>>
>>48868959
He would also have to force a card draw to actually win. Having a Relic, RiP, or Crypt is the actual solution.
>>
File: Karen.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Karen.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
>>48869007
>>48869067
>mill him out with Blessing on the stack
>Stroke of Genius for the win
>>
>playing edh up at the university
>I'm playing Sydri, Galvanic Genius, convoluted eggs combo
>I tell everyone that this is a dedicated combo deck and they should be sure to save some removal or counterspells for me
>or even just straight up attack me until I'm dead
>it's like turn 8, everyone taps out
>lethal on the board but they don't kill me
>my turn rolls around and I combo off with Sydri + Gilded Lotus + Voltaic Construct
>arbitrarily large exsanguinate
>one guy throws his cards down, knocking over another's library and screams
>ZIS IS NAAHT THE SORT OF GAME I EXPECTED TO BE PLAYING
>and fucking just storms off, leaving his cards behind

That one dude is why I don't play up at the uni anymore, and instead invite a select few to play at my house. I personally believe an EDH deck should start attempting to make game ending plays about turn 5-6, and that equally decks should be prepared to interact with decks that do.
>>
>>48869244
The solution I came up with for players like that was to have a few designated shitty decks that lack explosive wincons like Kikki or infinite mana. I always at least test the water with one of the (usual the Freyalise elfball) before "bringing out the big guns." Pauper and heirloom offer a similar solution when it's 60 card kitchen table decks you're trouncing because it's hard to argue that anything built with such tight restrictions is unfair.
>>
The Planeswalker card type was a mistake
>>
>>48874239
They're just enchantments that you can lightning bolt.
Now, Tribal was a mistake. They have rightly chosen to terminate it though.
>>
>>48874377
Tribal wasn't mistake enough.
If you redesigned Magic from scratch including Tribal, it would be fine, but the problems started when Tribal's existence puts a stark contrast on all the cards that should be Tribal but can't be, like say Goblin Grenade.

Either every set should be Tribal or no set ever should be.
>>
File: 13654763984278.png (276KB, 466x604px) Image search: [Google]
13654763984278.png
276KB, 466x604px
Is aggro just not allowed at all until Languish rotates out? I'm lucky to go more than one game without having to deal with a playset of that irritating crutch.
>>
>>48876911
mate I remember playing RTR-THE when Supreme Verdict was in Standard.
Languish is nowhere near as annoying as Soup V.
Four mana board wipes are good and desirable for standard formats.
>>
>>48876911
I've been crushing with bant humans lately, I started running 3 main eerie interlude. Removal spell? Yeah im gonna exile all my guys til EOT, oh and thalia's lieutenant see's all humans enter so she's how a 4/4. Go my son, be free.
>>
>B/W control (Me) vs. U/R Spells
>Demolish him G1
>G2, knowing that his plan is castigator + visions, mull first hand because no hand disruption
>Second hand has good spells + transgress
>Transgress him on 2
>His hand is Dispel, Fevered Visions and all lands + the alchemist he has in play
>Take the visions, should be an easy game
>He topdecks visions
>Alright, kill his alchemist
>He plays another visions
>Go to G3
>Decide not to mull for Duress / Transgress, keep hand with 2 vents, Gideon, Liliana + 3 other cards
>Don't draw any of my disruption in time, he plays visions into visions
>"GG close game :)"
>>
>>48880087
you're a faggot for not having anguished unmaking in b/w control so nobody cares
>>
>>48880087
How do you not just draw into Sorin and grind him right out of the game?!
>>
>>48876911
Dude, basically the entire metagame is aggro. What are you on?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.