[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawnborn General /dbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dawnborn_smallCaps.png (21KB, 998x337px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnborn_smallCaps.png
21KB, 998x337px
*Want to use Mutants & Masterminds' exact rules in a fantasy setting?
*Think that Mutants & Masterminds switching to 3d6 or some other dice system is a great idea?

*Hate Pathfinder in general?
*Don't like the way Exalted tries to do "bronze age heroism, fantasy superheroes, improving a dark world" but screws up the rules for it?
*Don't like the grognardy OSR way that Godbound does "bronze age heroism, fantasy superheroes, improving a dark world"?
*Too lazy to pick up and learn all of GURPS and its point buy?
*Think Marvel Heroic Roleplaying and Worlds in Peril are too wishy-washy rules-litey for you?
*Don't like the way Strike! splits characters up between non-combat and 4e combat builds with "roles" and "powers"?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, maybe you'll like Dreamscarred Press's Dawnborn!

You can find the initial playtest packet here: http://dreamscarred.com/dawnborn/

Last threads: https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/dawnborn/
>>
Reminder that DSP has stopped making these threads and acknowledged that they blew their load early. Someone thought it was a good idea to announce and start a conversation before they had anything substantial, the immediate response showed them how wrong they were, and now they're knuckling down to work.

Don't treat the playtest as anything but a proof of concept/taste of the setting. We'll see what happens when they actually have their own set of rules in a vaguely playable state.
>>
File: Found in all fields.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Found in all fields.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>48864812
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy who keeps posting the "Godbound is literally a Pathfinder class" threads.

I think he might just be an autist who hates that people are discussing things that he doesn't like.
>>
>>48864842
But it actually is a Pathfinder class?
>>
>>48864842

People like to poison the well for indie games, but people love to poison the well for fantasy indie games.
>>
>>48865406
Why?
>>
>>48865406
Because edition wars.
>>
>>48865514
But what edition is Dawnborn warring against? Strike?
>>
>>48868691

In all likelyhood, it's disgruntled Pathfinder General people.
>>
>>48869376

There is a small knot of posters who seem really salty that DSP makes better content for PF than Paizo ever did.
>>
>>48865406
This seems plausible. Also puts the attempts at discussing Godbound in a more informative light.

Might as well link it whenever it gets mentioned.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/185959/Godbound-A-Game-of-Divine-Heroes-Free-Edition
>>
>>48864790
Pathfinder in decline?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.