[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me ADmech if you can, Why isn't there a melta baneblade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Tell me ADmech if you can, Why isn't there a melta baneblade?
>>
>>48859430
Why isn't there a volcano cannon that uses this instead of the normal shadowsword cannon?
>>
>>48859430

Because need to go in close.

In close where close-combat can wrekt the baneblade.
>>
>>48859430
Because there isn't a melta baneblade pattern so it is tech heresy to try to improve or change. whenever they do make something new they have to lie and say they found some old blueprints.
>>
>>48860478
Guys, I was going to input some data into the database and found this holy tome just proped up against the door.

It seems to be a complete Melta and flamer baneblade STC.
>>
>>48859443
That's called an Ordinatus, anon
And it's better than a Baneblade
>>
>>48859430
Gun is kinda big even for a baneblade? Would need to drop a lot of armor to be able to even move under all that weight.
>>
fuck it, baneblades are expensive

why not have a whole lot of sla... servants of the Emperor just carry a cannon into battle? nobody would shoot anti-armour munitions at sla... infantry, so even if they all die with Emperor's name on their lips, the holy cannon will be unharmed and another regiment of sla... servants of the Emperor can be drive to pick it up and keep firing
>>
>>48859430
I thought the Shadowsword was the melta baneblade?
>>
>>48862576
Ah, dangit, the Shadowsword is the las-baneblade, not a melta baneblade. I blame Shield of Humanity, it's listed as having the melta rule there.
>>
>>48861022
That's great news, fellow priest! I shall be sure to tell our dear friends and brothers-in-arms within the Departmento Munitorum that once it's undergone initial appraisal and testing (expected time for it reach top of Appraisals Queue: 46.7y) (average turn-around for Appraisals: 60.3y), a vote will be taken for candidates to form a naming committee to establish a name to be granted to the new vehicle. Said committee will be free to vote on establishing a chairperson and secretary within their number and, once the committee and its officials have been suitably vetted, a name will be chosen.

Once named, we can then begin the process of retooling an existing facility to create the new design. Unfortunately, this will reduce output from the factory, and other factories within a sector will be required to make up the shortfall. Our highest ranking factory officials will decide, by divination and then vote, who amongst their number will oversee the retooling process. The retooling process may take a considerable amount of time and present a significant amount of work for factory-abbots, so we expect an equally significant amount of time being spent on these negotiations.

Assuming an average amount of factory output, and the necessity to collaborate with members of the Departmento Munitorum regarding the logistics of moving vehicles from the factory floor to the brave fighting men, I shall see to informing my contact within the Munitorum that I look forward to finalising the details of our delivery of our new, hitherto unnamed, vehicle with their great grandchildren, along with the usual reminders about the weakness of the flesh. Omnissiah be praised.
>>
>>48859430
Would a melta bane blade even have range? If I remember correctly, a regular melta gun has like a range of like 15 feet or something?
>>
>>48859430
Because a melta is a direct fire beam and beams don´t arc, so mounting them on very low platforms has very limited use.
>>
>>48861437
>fuck it, baneblades are expensive
apparrently not so much that you can´t simply loose a hundred of them.
>>
>>48863282
not, that's exactly WHY they are expensive now
they weren't before
>>
File: epic_ordinatus.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
epic_ordinatus.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
Based Ordinatus
>>
>>48859500
>What are Stormswords
>>
>>48859430
Because a heavy tank is a pretty shitty delivery system for a giant melta weapon.

The things you'd want to kill with a giant melta-tank, titans, big warmachines, other superheavies, all outrange them.

Giant meltas make sense on stuff like reaver titans because they are comparatively fast, and they're protected by shields, and they fight other titans. In titan v titan battles in built up areas like cities you have (comparatively) close range ambushes or exchanges that last for a very brief amount of time, and you basically want to be able to kill or cripple with your first shot.

The tank isn't fast or mobile enough to really make use of a bigass fixed forward arc weapon with a short range for anything other than blowing up bunkers and other buildings, and you have less finicky and more suitable tank patterns for that already.
>>
>>48863375
But anon, those Ordinatus are not mounted on bases, why would you lie to us like this?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.