[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

critical role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 10

File: critical role2.jpg (107KB, 1197x735px) Image search: [Google]
critical role2.jpg
107KB, 1197x735px
For those who watch the role playing dnd web show critical role, which crit girl is the hottest and why is it laura?
>>
>>48854851
ew
>>
>>48854851
watching some railroadish shit. EW
>>
17 AC at level 14? You might as well paint a big old "kill me in one round" target on his back.
>>
>>48854984
matt's a nice forgiving dm. He doesn't punish his players for role playing above power gaming.
>>
>>48854851
i like it. and yeah laura best
>>
>>48857206
thanks. I'm glad someone agrees with me. Although ashley is a dam close second. And Marisha is actually really fun seeming off the show. I guess I just dont like keyleth too much.
>>
>>48854851
Because her voice is pure sex.
>>
>>48854984

It's basically professional wrestling for ttrpg geeks.
>>
>>48860654
This desu
>>
>>48854851
I tried watching the first episode and the vin deisel one.

The DM has this massive fucking problem where he'll decide the player's tactics for them and constantly describe what their characters do, instead of the players themselves doing that. The players will say something simple like "I'll attack", and he goes on to tell them to roll 3 attacks or whatever, when the players in question have many more things available to them. And, like I mentioned before, he goes on to mention the specifics of how they attack, like it's not up to the player to decide that information.

Moreover, he doesn't call for rolls nearly as often as he should. He just keeps going and has rolls to remind people that they're "playing an rpg".

Last, the players themselves...many of them state that they've been playing for decades, and yet their characters are uninspired trash-tier shit. Grog the barbarian, a drink-loving, whorehouse-loving, rough and tumble barb? I've NEEEVER seen one of those before. It's something you'd see as baby's first character.

The backstories of a lot of the other characters also seem to suffer from a syndrome I don't have a name for, but is relatively common. They're LOW LEVEL CHARACTERS with extensive backstories that involve feats far beyond them. That's fine, IF you can explain why they're significantly weaker now than they were when doing that, be it growing rusty with old age and settling down into a civilian life for fourty years or some shit.

TL;DR Critical Role features a bad GM, and bad players.
>>
>>48857730
U wot m8?

https://youtu.be/6m3jcBMI9WU?t=541
>>
>>48861069
>Low level.
>14
Tibs and Keyleth have hugely Mary Sue backgrounds. Grog is a trope but a good one.
A good DM paints the world in an interesting way that engages players, and in CR's case, viewers. Describing combat is definitely part of that, and makes dnd into a tabletop RPG rather than a miniatures war game.

>20k twitch subscribers have shit taste
>>
>>48861069
The Vin Diesel one is a bad example. He had two hours of content compressed into half an hour because the studio wanted to do an interview instead, and he had 3 new players.
It was a movie promotion, not an actual game.

As for the actual Critical Role episode, only Matt, Orion, and Taelisn were original players. It was the first game for the other 6. They're actors and theater kids. Grog (Travis) played college football. These aren't your average DnD players.

If you want to watch fat sweaty nerds mouth breathe for a few hours, watch Acquisitions Inc.
>>
>>48861139
Tibs got kicked off for being a shit player and a power & meta gamer.

Keyleth based her character off of Avatar the last Airbender.
>>
>>48861139
>>48861069
Forgot to add

>judging the quality of anything by one episode when it spans a year
>>
>>48861073
Fuck me, jump to 9 minutes.
>>
>>48861152
Honestly I love Orion and wish him the best in his things. But he has a scale-fetish, and Tibs was a huge drag, wanting to go off on big tangents from what 7/8 were wanting to do. Also meta gaming as fuck.

>Trying to persuade an item from Scanlan when Sam is absent and Matt is running him
>>
>>48861139
You can paint the world in an interesting way. But leave PC actions to the fucking PC's. Let the players describe everything concerning their characters - the DM's job lies in the world, or things that affect the player characters. For instance, it's fine for the DM to describe the appearance of a disease that a PC is afflicted with, or other such factors not within a player's control - but with attacks, and anything else that a player CAN control, the player should describe.

And grog is NOT a good trope. At all. It's overused to shit, dull, and boring as fuck. It's for people who can't develop a character that's deeper than a puddle.

Lastly:
>Twitch subscribers
Yeah, they obviously do have shit taste, anon. They unironically look at twitch streams. It doesn't matter how many of them there are, because a the MAJORITY of people have generally unrefined tastes. Hundreds of thousands of people eat mcdonalds, for god's sake.
>>
>>48861069
Grog the barbarian beats a 100 special snowflake "I'm challenging stereotypes" characters.
>>
I appreciate your opinion, and you make good points about twitch. Basically a cesspool. But if you want to critique the RP you'd have to watch more of the series, they all gain depth, even grog. Just if you do, expect Keyleth to be annoying as fuck.

As for the combat descriptions, yeah, it's the domain of the players to describe their attempt, then the dice decide, and the DM narrates the result. Taliesin usually describes how he specifically wants to attack, and Matt doesn't step on his toes, but the rest of the players are into it. Read the room, or the QAs
>>
>>48861354
Better than a tiefling paladin, any anime insert, any edgelord, loli or waifu. IMO, in any fiction, a trope played well beats a original concept played poorly.
>>
>>48861355
Normally I would try to watch more of a series than the starting episode + some random episode (which I guess is more of a promotion thing, according to an anon), but y'know, these things are all 3 hours long. It'd take me an enormous amount of time to plow through all of that just to give a completely informed review, and frankly, what I saw didn't get me invested enough to want to do that. I did my best with what little information I did have.

They very well might have gotten better - and in fact, it's likely, since people don't typically stay shitty once they get to roleplaying, especially the first-timers. As far as initial impressions go, that's pretty much what I discerned from it. It doesn't seem promising, when you're experienced with actual tabletop rpgs.
>>
I've been watching for over a year now I think? Not long after it started, at least. Good fun on a Friday afternoon, but I feel like Liam's character is getting quite silly and I hate Marisha's with a passion. I can't tell whether Marisha is roleplaying that autistic charisma amazingly well or genuinely thinks she's the main character.
>>
>>48861402
DnDiesel wasn't my thing. I like dnd, I like Diesel, but dear Jesus the "I'm an 800yr old immortal witch hunter who wants to die but can't bc I killed an evil witch who caused the bubonic plague and I'm LITERALLY EVERY VIN DEISEL CHARACTER EVER" I know that he plays dnd in his private life, I hope that he plays something other than Riddick at home

Chris Hardwick's dnd thing is supposedly fun, around 30 min each.
>>
>>48861069
>Grog the barbarian, a drink-loving, whorehouse-loving, rough and tumble barb? I've NEEEVER seen one of those before. It's something you'd see as baby's first character.
That's because it is his first character, he asked specifically about designing the most simple, basic Barbarian that he could.
>>
>>48861472
>800 years old
>level 8
>tfw you're so retarded that you gain 1 level ever 100 hears

Speaking seriously though, I got the impression that Diesel was trying his best to have a good time, but he just wasn't feeling it with the group. He seemed awfully uncomfortable with them.
>>
>>48861402
Throw them up in the background while you're doing other stuff, works for me.

Apparently they were often drunk or tipsy in some of those early episodes. Sam and Orion especially.
>>
>>48861521
Uh...doesn't that defeat the purpose, if you're not paying attention to it?
>>
>>48861069
The first episode was them going from PFinder (I think) to 5e, so early on I say give Matt a bit of slack for taking the reigns a bit when the players are new to the system.

I will say it's pretty interesting watching a game of trained Voice Actor's though, they definitely breath life into their characters that's enjoyable to watch. Early series Tiberius is pretty great, but he loses enthusiasm over time and ends up leaving the group.

I'm about half-way through the series myself, Orion doesn't seem to be enjoying himself as much, and Kelith as a character grates on me when she tries to overpower or speak for the group, but otherwise I appreciate her optimism and attempting to be the "moral compass".

As for Grog, if I didn't enjoy his voice so much I might have a few things to say, but the old lug is pretty endearing for a hulking behemoth (that keeps forgetting his rage bonus damage, would have won that brawl if he remembered it).
>>
>>48861508
I think he was kinda pushed into it by whoever does promotion for the studio. He's well known as a ttrpg fan and was playing a fantasy trope character in a blockbuster-hopeful film. Somebody in marketing probably felt really smart
>>
>>48861543
No, you just listen, because most of it you get via voice anyway.
>>
>>48861557
I listen at work, bc I have 5hr blocks of sitting in front of ps everyday. It's just engaging enough to keep me awake
>>
>>48861454
Marisha is just annoying and a bore now, whenever she gets emotional I just think 'alright when is this going to end'

And Liam is trying to not be so excruciatingly one note

Laura for best/cutest girl and Travis for ultimate bro.team player
>>
>>48861575
Sam, Travis, and Laura are the standouts.

In that order.
>>
>>48861584
agree 100% Sams Role play and anti meta game are far and away the best, his stuff with his daughter was great.
>>
>>48861584
I like Taliesin too. Way less emotional drama and more interesting characterisation - I suspect that's because his background is more script adaptation and directing.
>>
>>48861608
He struggles in the spotlight. It's really noticeable during the Whitestone episodes where he starts getting really nervous, I think he'd have preferred to be in the background.

No emotional drama is definitely a plus.
>>
>>48861608
It's funny because I find Percy to be ok(albeit a little self important, I get it it's his character) but I just dislike Taliesin
>>
Does anyone else think Laura kinda looks like Riley Reid ?
>>
>>48861073
ok I just woke up and glad to see my thread still up. But GD, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my rankings. Do the other 2 do any stuff like this?

>>48861161
friendo, its morning where I am and I hate having to give an early morning fap but ya, this got me.
>>
>>48864326
just did a pic search and comparison. Ya I see it. dam now that's all I'll think about while watching the show. t
>>
>>48860654
>It's basically professional wrestling for ttrpg geeks.
I was going to watch it, but the first episode the DM said something about how they're ignoring rules a lot and using actors for the players. It seemed to imply that viewers shouldn't even expect their game to follow the rules, which in turned heavily implied to me that these shows were scripted.

RP games without uncertainty are little more than amateur theater. If I wanted to hear a story where things always go the way the writer wants them to, I'd pick up some actual literature or watch a TV show.
>>
>>48854851
SJW garbage
>>
>>48854851

2nd from right, top row has a nice 80s trash vibe going on. Otherwise meh.

I don't do podcasts so w/e.
>>
>>48854851
Is this some kind of a joke thread?
Try posting this on /b/ instead next time
>>
>>48864734
>the DM said something about how they're ignoring rules a lot and using actors for the players
That's not what he said. He said they play a more loose and fast interpretation of the game than a rules-lawyer crunch version, which ISNT EVEN TRUE, because they crunch the shit out of 5E and are constantly going to the rulebook for things.

Also, they're not "using actors for the players". The players are all professional voice actors who had been playing as a gaming group for nearly two years before the show started.

Seriously, I get criticizing the show. I get criticizing the cast. By all means. But anyone who says "lol scripted" is literally retarded.

Also I hung out with Matt on my show for a few hours and he's a pretty legit dude to talk to.
>>
>>48854851
How about I just go right out and ask why the fuck there are 7 players at the table?
>>
>>48854851
>critical role

so, are they actually worth watching? will I cringe?
>>
>>48865160
you can have a good table with any number, though i'd cap it at 8.
>>
>>48854851
Matt is the best girl. No homo.
>>
>>48865171
It's 1000x less horrible than Wil Wheaton's shitty tabletop show, and it's not Rollplay with hat inbred pink-haired faggot running the show.

So...I guess? I mean, there's not much else out there.
>>
>>48865208
Oh but the fans are horrible. And I mean the "We're gonna draw fan art and give all the characters brown skin" type horrible.
>>
>>48864973
I also believe he was mainly saying that because of their gunslinger, and that they will house rule stuff if they got to.

I haven't watched in a few months. I don't think it's scripted though, it's just not full sandbox.
>>
File: DNDiesel1.gif (2MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
DNDiesel1.gif
2MB, 600x336px
>>48865171
>will I cringe?

If you're into the hobby? A bit, but then you'll realize that's pretty much you seen from the outside except they're hamming it up as part of the performance.
>>
>>48865238
>it's just not full sandbox.
Nor is any game ever. The fact that people still believe such a thing is real is probably the biggest joke.

Spoiler: No one has ever run a sandbox game. You're always being railroaded.
>In b4 "lol but my GM...."
>>
>>48865245
Honestly, though, the fact that they actually act is why they're better than any other group you or I or anyone on this board will ever play with.

Because I'm sorry, but no matter how much you insist, your group is not good. They're all shit, you're shit, and your DM is shit, and the reason it's shit is because you're assholes who put no effort in AND insist that that makes you better.

So yeah. Good on them for actually giving a fuck.
>>
>>48865275
I'm the eternal DM but I've recently learned playing with actors makes the best campaign
they REally get into character and cause real conflict with the group just to roleplay
>>
>>48865255
I agree full heartedly.
>>
>>48861555

A couple things.

1) The Witchhunter movie was, I shit you not, the product of its writer and Vin Deisel discussing the Vin's old D&D character.

2) There is an adorable video of Vin after the fact that is very at odds with his frankly stilted behavior in the video.

3) I forgot what I was going to put for #3
>>
File: s_t_16x9_HarmonQuest_3000x1688.jpg (3MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
s_t_16x9_HarmonQuest_3000x1688.jpg
3MB, 3000x1688px
I like Harmonquest
>>
>>48867182
Boweevil best character. Close second is Hahn Jodgman
>>
>>48854851
I don't see any hot girls here. These people are all ugly with the exception of the guy in the top-right.
>>
>>48861142
>>48861139

thank you
>>
>>48868103
though i don't agree that keyleth is a mary sue, she fucks up pretty costantantly, nothing to complain about for me, because then she pulls 128 blight damages in two rounds.
Not my favorite character, but she's definitely not a mary sue or a bad character.
>>
The actors are impressive, the game is a bit cookie-cutter and rubbish.
>>
>>48861196
basically this, I do wish him all the ebst but the costant cringe-worthy moments he brought with the mid-erections tibs would have and the blatlant meta gaming killed it for me, the game picked up so much better when he got kicked.
>>
>>48854851
What is this and who is the blondie on top frame ?
>>
>>48864326
I thought I was the only one who saw it!
>>
>>48864753
/v/ please leave
>>
>>48864973
wait, are you the guy from exploding dice?
>>
>>48864326
i kinda always thought that lmao
>>
>>48865222
>>48865208
jfc you people need help
>>
>>48868180
Are those the actual reasons why he's not around anymore? Did he get the boot or did he leave? I've just started watched the series (started on ep 22 just to get away from all of the audio issues).
>>
I can like RP or DM in person at the table or online fine, but as soon as I'm watching another group do it I cringe real hard.
>>
>>48868591
i don'tknow, he did make a video about it but I haven't watched it, i actually liked how G&S and matt handles the thing and didn't want to describe the situation (Matt was almost in tears), i really disliked the fact that he made a video to describe what happened.
For what I know they had a contract problem or some shit.
>>
>>48854851
>7 person party
Kill me
>>
>>48865208
Go watch the new one that Matt is doing, Force Grey or some shit.

I like Critical Role, though I don't watch it any more. That new show...fucking horrible.
>>
>>48869209
It's not Critical Role level, but obviously being on 4chan everyone needs to be cancerous about it, but anyway it is a bad show for you, do know that it isn't matt's fault.
>>
>>48854851

Which one is Laura in that pic?
>>
>>48868352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRBzpiPccOs

Just take a look at the nigga sitting bottom left.
>>
>>48870477
I watch CR, there's nothing wrong with people being fucking people while playing tabletop games, you need mental help if you think that is something wrong with this, like cure your social anxiety, it is not good for your health.
>>
>>48864734
/thread
>>
>>48865275
I think you're projecting.

During the Fantasy pirates game my friend ran we all did voices and there was one point where I stood on a couch like captain morgan and shouted at another player who was doing the same on a couch across the room.

Lots of people play pen and paper rpgs so there's going to be a lot of different kinds of people playing.

Just because your game is boring or you majored in liberal arts does not mean everyone's is.
>>
>>48870558
And there's nothing wrong with people having opinions. >>48865222 >>48865208 and me are saying that the show is filled with liberal SJWs, which is a fact. The fact that this nigga, besides what he actually believes, drops in with a hillary shirt shows that he's pandering to someone (their viewers). The only people that don't get what's wrong with SJWs are the SJWs themselves, or fortunate bastards that haven't had the opportunity to say something """problematic""" to an SJW.

I have no problem watching them btw, I'm just well aware what type of community them and their fans are (the kind that I wouldn't touch with an 8 foot pole), and anyone watching them should be made aware of that, lest he gets devoured for being non-PC.
>>
>>48870834

dude, it's for charity
>>
>>48871011
huh?
>>
File: manchild.jpg (36KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
manchild.jpg
36KB, 700x467px
>>48870834
>>
>>48871046
CR raises huge amounts for 826la and raised 80k in a week for muscular dystrophy
>>
>>48871203
props to them then, but I don't see how that's related. Unless you are implying that they are running a "robbin hood" scheme, getting money from well-off SJWs and sending it to charity (in which case, even more props to them).

In any case, the autists of GDQ raise a million every winter and half that every summer for charity, that doesn't mean I would change my opinion.
>>
>>48871203
Sorry to tell you this, but the vast majority of charities keep most of the money to organize more charity drives, pay their paid employees, and increase awareness of their cause. They don't really use the money to do anything useful like fund people's corrective surgeries or medicine.

Anyone who falls for the charity scams is the kind of person who either doesn't do their research, or is trying to look good on paper because "They donated to charity, man! They must be good people!"
>>
>>48871286
>>48871331
>charity is a lie, reeeeee
>>
>>48871418
>United Way
You're too young to remember.
>>
>>48854984
As a rogue how are you supposed to top that in 5e? Light Armor is 12+5 Dex mod. Do your DMs give out +3 light armor like candy? What am I missing?
>>
>>48854851
Laura voiced Lust, that makes her auto the hottest. Marisha has the best body obviously but she's also a lot younger.
>>
>>48871418
Hey, it worked for Al Capone.
>>
>>48861069
Umm...they're not low level characters? I agree Mercer SOMETIMES hands them shit on a plate, but thats also the group's playstyle, it's not just due to Mercer. I mean also when you have 7 people you're trying to take your rounds as quickly as possible. this also comes from them playing pathfinder probably as the combat rounds aren't descriptions, they're crunch
>>
>>48861142
Marisha is a longtime d&d player as well.
>>
>>48871628
And Susan G, Kony, whichever. Just do your research. Both MDA and 826 are good charities. If you're going to be an edgy cynic, research.
>>
>>48864734
>current year
>Judging a show by its intro
>>
>>48870074
I don't blame Matt, he actually looked a bit taken back and pained a few times. His players are just horrible in the new series, not his doing.

I'll watch another one, maybe two, just to be sure. But I can't see it changing.

It looks to me like they took people they thought were funny and then said 'make a funny interesting character' and nothing but stupid cringe came out.

The two girls on the show were actually pretty decent though I thought. The three guys (players) were what was horrible.
>>
>>48861270
>But leave PC actions to the fucking PC's.
Dont confuse your gm style as beind the only good one faggit. Not every player can describe well, even if they can roleplay.
>>
>>48871933
Player needs to gitgud if he can't do that.
>>
>>48871772
>Le "any negative opinion on something is edgy" meme
>>
>>48871853
The blonde is Ashley, she's pike in CR, anyway if anything the most annoying one is the other girl, as she doesn't reall flow with the game and always seems to forget the couple os so bare minimum simple rules that a fucking fighter needs to follow.
The guy doing Joppa is actually really good, the indian fellow is ok, not my style but the good thing is that he keeps in character, Chris Hardwick was good, kinda annoying the fact that he would costantly steal the spotlight though.
If you didn't like the first couple of episodes youw ont' like the rest, I personally just love Matthew, I consider him the best DM i've seen DMing, and I literally watch DnD streams on twitch everyday, he does everythign he can to have everyone have a good time, his imporvisation skills are incredible and well the voice acting makes everything better, I don't really care abotu the rules complaints he gets since i just have his same opinion about it, rules mean shit if you're not having fun but he's been more strict with them because a cancerous part of the community, probably 4chan and reddit toxic shit costantly complaints about him forgetting a rule or not doing it as they like, so he's been trying to check rules more often.

I do understand your complaint about the casting choices, though it doesn't really make difference for me so much to drop a Mercer's show, I do agree that the idea was faulty by default, i personally think it's more of Nerdist's fault on the casting i don't it was his idea, aside from Ashley of course.
>>
>>48872042
>everyone is always shit int his world and i can't believe no one because i'm too fucking insecure and troll ont he internet REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48872327
>probably 4chan
yeah sure, there are plenty of guys here on /tg/ talking with matt and giving him pointers
>>
>>48865756
>3) I forgot what I was going to put for #3
Gingers have souls?
>>
File: 1424553404731.gif (968KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1424553404731.gif
968KB, 500x254px
>>48870834
So you're expending all this effort crying because you saw some Hollywood actors express support for a Democratic candidate? WOAH, COLOR ME SURPRISED.

good god are Trump supporters a bunch of big fucking baby faggots.
>>
>>48872814
what the fuck are you talking about you projecting faggot? We were talking about CR & fans being SJWs with the hillary shirt being a symptom, what has trump got to do with this?
Jesus fuck, for people that are supposed to hate on the guy you can't stop mentioning him in unrelated discussions
>>
File: 1425586124995.jpg (32KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1425586124995.jpg
32KB, 360x479px
>>48872901
Nigga, please, every fucking chump I see whining about SJWs on the internet is some mouthbreathing Trump supporter. He gets his
>>
>>48872916
>calls others mouthbreathers
>cant finish his own sentences
You are something special aren't ya?
>>
>>48872916
How do you know? Did they tell you their political affiliations beforehand? Or do you just assume everyone you don't like is a Trump supporter?
>>
>>48861139
>>48861154
>ad populum
>you can't judge it until you've watched every episode and even if you do I'm just going to turn around and ask why you watched it if you didn't like it
I haven't watched this show and therefore have no opinion on it but holy shit, neck yourself asap.
>>
>>48854851
>why is it laura
Because she voiced the slut that is Rise so I would fuck the shit out of her and make her call me senpai
>>
>it's a /pol/ figures out they get more (you)s if they pretend to be sjws episode.
>>
>>48872973
Not that guy, but if someone takes a hard stance against a particular political affiliation, it's a pretty safe bet to assume that they're on the other side of the political spectrum.
>>
>>48873864
I mean i'm not either of those guys, but as an impartial observer from another country, I really really hate the bare naked corruption of Hillary Clinton and fully expect things to end in disaster if she is elected.

I would prefer the nation of my birth allied with Putin's Russia than Clinton's America, and I think Putin is the personification of everything undesirable about an authoritarian plutocrat.

But at least he seems to care ever-so-slightly about his country, and by extension his people.

The Clintons are just greedy cunts.
>>
>>48874316
jesus christ, if think Putin is better than the CLintons i don't even know what to respond to you.
To choose between an establishment politician with a despot that kills political dissidents like the fucking mafia would, makes sexist laws and sides with dictators that bomb innocents with chemical weapons.
Yes Hillary is a warhawk, but there's a BIG difference between her and a monster like putin.
>>
>>48874427
No, there really isn't.

At least Putin doesn't lie about what he is.
>>
>>48867182
though entertaining I wish it wasnt so damn short.
Also they do seem to forget somethings
>>
>>48874427
>politician with a despot that kills political dissidents like the fucking mafia would, makes sexist laws and sides with dictators that bomb innocents with chemical weapons.
I skimmed through and honestly thought you were talking about clinton not putin.
The only thing she hasn't done in that is pass sexist laws, she voted for homophobic instead.
>>
>>48874608
you keep pushing this idea like if she could ever be as bad as the kgb kinpin putin is, it's not working my friend.
>>
>>48854851
it's laura because she is reasonable, a decent roleplayer, quite funny and a qt, desu.
>>
>>48874427
>with a despot that kills political dissidents like the fucking mafia would
That's like saying the burning of pro-russsian demonstrators in Odessa was ordered by the pro-West government in Kiev. It's as if the russian government is made up of one BBEG actor and nothing can happen without his consent or knowledge. Prove Putin's personal involvement. I dare ya to.

>makes sexist laws
SJW gay rights activist detected. Fucking commies.

>sides with dictators that bomb innocents with chemical weapons
What do you think the Saudis would do in case of an insurrection? And you know what the West would do about it? Ignore it. It wouldn't be even in the news, except on page 9.

How much of a tool can you be if you don't realize that the Syrian war is all about tearing another country out of the Russian fold? And not for "democracy" reasons but to strengthen American power by diminishing the power of rivals.

It's all about increasing power and competition with other great powers, while keeping a mask of democratic values and freedom and moral highground and shit.

Jesus Christ, people who listen to MSM are the biggest retards imaginable. Just kys.
>>
>>48875550
>he'll dismiss you as some lunatic fringe rightist and call you a trump supporter and/or neo-nazi
It's sort of funny how brainwashed and predictable the drones are getting.
>>
>>48875696
What these MSM types are not getting is that they are in the positions judges who let the prosecution (MSM) tell them what the defence's (Putin's) stance is - and why it is wrong.

Listening to shit like Russia Today isn't a dumb move of exposing yourself to vile Putin brainwashing. Combined with listening to western MSM, it allows you to listen to both sides and weigh the arguments.

But they'll never understand even this much. they are straight up useful idiots.
>>
>>48868635

YEP

Harmonquest is the only one I can take, for some reason. Critical Role and the like just make me profoundly uncomfortable
>>
File: Incredible.png (95KB, 302x487px) Image search: [Google]
Incredible.png
95KB, 302x487px
>God Tier
Acquisitions Inc Post Will Wheaton
Call of the Wild

>Good Tier
AcqInc with Will Wheaton not shitting up the screentime
D&D Documentary (even if its fake as shit)

>Okay Tier
AcqInc when Will Wheaton gets the spotlight for longer than 20 seconds
Critical Role
Yogscast
Most of the Third Wheel's stuff

>Meh Tier
D&D's official stuff on their channel
80% of twitch games
The game IGN ran that was so bad that they had to invite Chris Perkins on the set to teach that shitty DM how to stop being a shit

>God Awful Tier
Anything Projared does related to D&D
Roll Play
Nerdarchy (Purely on Camera quality, not on player/game quality)
>>
File: 1460643025389.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1460643025389.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>48877728
>yogscast
>>
>>48871331
It takes less than a minute to look up a charity on charity navigator. It isn't hard to check and see whether your money is being wasted.
>>
>>48877892
I think they're referring to the Yogslive D&D campaign. It's fine. Everyone is learning the system, only a couple have even played a TRPG before. Homebrew setting with an interesting premise (that's probably been done before but whatever).
>>
>>48877728
Forgot I Hit It With My Axe in god tier
>>
>>48870205
Dark hair.
>>
>>48861069
>Let the players describe the attacks
I tried that once. Every other attacked took off limbs or broke the rules

>"No, my character pirouettes into a flying backflip and impales the vampire through the eye, blinding him."

>"What? What did you roll?"

>"14 to hit, 5 to damage"

>"Fourteen doesn't hit and five damage doesn't impale the eye, dude. It's the start of combat. And you don't blind him."

>"Dude this is bullshit just let me play the game"

When I describe mundane attacks, I can create a sense of scale for big hits and fancy tactics from the players.

>"I attack, and I got a 17. And a... 15 damage."

>"Okay, you quickly close the gap after the wizard's spell cracks through the air. With a fluid motion, you swipe at the blue robed figure. The wide arc leaves a dark stain in his sleeve as he bleeds from his new wound."

>"Fuck yeah, I'm a badass!"

Then later on

>"Nat 20! 24 damage! Tell me that fucker is dead!"

>"Oh he's dead, as dead as they get."

>"Sweet! Can I crush him with my hammer? Like, really, really knacker him?"

>"So, this guy was already entangled, his feet are anchored to the ground by the druid's magic. You rear up your tooth maul, and billowing up all your draconic fury, you let out a roar as you drop everything you have onto his head. His legs give out, compacting the once proud captain of the guard into a messy, broken pile of man."

>"I let out my dragon breath, the flames shooting to the sky as a warning."

>"You do so, your fire lighting the area briefly, catching the attention of the other combatants."

>"Hear me now! Any followers of the Purple Eye shall fall to the same fate! Lay down your arms and repent!"

The player still talks about that moment even though the campaign fell apart a year and a half ago. She asks about playing every time she's in town, about once or twice a month. I might describe and build actions for the players, but I am merely filling in what they cannot. Not everybody can pull stuff like that often
>>
>>48868682
It was a myriad of issues.

>Issues at the table
Orion isn't the best player. From meta gaming, to issues between players (watch one of the last episodes with Orion, he gets Tiberius drunk and Marisha looks super uncomfortable the whole time (which he gets absolutely pickled from a single drink and sobers up in like, 15 minutes (which I've seen a lot with amateur roleplayers. really kind of a mood killer (which to be fair, the rest of the crew did like 25 episodes later, after the fall of emon.)))), him stealing the spotlight from Laura, bending how his spells work to make them better, being a dick about the beholder fight (which is a mix between bad roleplaying and meta gaming), and being cringy as fuck ("This entire time, Tiberius has a half-chub going on" what the fuck was that line about jesus)

>Off the table issues
Fandom backlash. Orion wasn't popular, anybody seasoned in the game could tell he wasn't the best to have on camera. Those unseasoned with table top found him abrasive. He was constantly shilling his own personal twitch channel which conflicted with his contract with G&S, and (as most have speculated) wanted more money and rights to his character. The dude has exhaustive medical bills due to his run in with cancer. He wanted more money for the time he was investing, and with all the issues around him playing, they said no. He walked. Wasn't great.
>>
>>48877728
>No Adventure Zone
do you hate fun?
>>
>>48872024
Not only this, by describing actions for the players, the DM is preventing them from gitting gud.
>>
File: drinkbleach.jpg (25KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
drinkbleach.jpg
25KB, 512x512px
>>48872814
>>48872901
Both of you, shut the fuck up. All your politicians are shit and it doesn't matter who becomes president, they will be shit.
Hillary supporters are mostly SJWs and Trump supporters are mostly racists. There are some exceptions, but those are mostly people who aren't educated about politics and vote Democrat/Republican because they always have. God only knows most of the world is just as bad, but at least they don't have to bring their political allegiance up all the fucking time.
>>
>>48882886
>tfw we will have to endure months of American posters refusing to shut the fuck up about their circus of an election
November can't come sooner.
>>
>>48877728
>Roll Play
What's your problem with it?
>>
>>48881100
Don't play with badly-behaved children?
>>
>>48854851
Laura is top tier, but age is gonna hit her hard. Perks and pitfalls of being a jewess qt.

Ashely is probably the cutest / prettiest potato you'll find.

Keyleth is epitome of le quirky gamer girl. She may legitimately have been a nerdy girl growing up, but has recently grown into her own / got hot after high school.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is legit 11/10.
>>
>>48884165
>Laura is top tier, but age is gonna hit her hard. Perks and pitfalls of being a jewess qt.
But she'll always have that sexy ass voice.
>>
>>48884235
Totally agreed. But for now....
>>
>>48884360
Laura truly is best girl
>>
>>48871651
At level 14 you should have magic items of protection. But AC is also useless at that point.

What's not listed there is he has the cloak that gives enemies disadvantage to hit him and he can become resistant to any element he so chooses, along with the obvious evasion/uncanny dodge, so his effective defense is way better.
>>
>>48884377
Even they know she's the best.

http://ledamemangociana.tumblr.com/post/134788533321/we-got-a-laura-bailey

Forgive the tumblr link, but I'm not saving all these gifs and posting this set one at a time.
>>
>>48861270
When the PC doesn't know exactly how effective their attacks are then whatever they're describing could be wrong. That's why he lets them describe how it looks when they kill something (as then they know) and Matt puts a flourish on it.

This is the weirdest complaint I've ever seen. Who the fuck hates expressive and detailed GMs?
>>
>>48877728
> Call of the Wild

You mean the Node D&D adventure? They also did a pokemon D&D thing. They are actually pretty entertaining, but again it's mostly because the people on the show are naturally charismatic.
>>
>>48884411
Pretty sure 5e DMG claims that magic items aren't an assumed part of progression in levels
Except it's a bit contradicted by the fact that a ton of monsters are immune to non-magical attacks... Then again, +0 magical swords aren't all that hard to imagine
>>
>>48883277
JP is like a shitty 4channer made manifest, yet successful.
>>
>>48884165
She's in her late 30s already dude. She looks just like she did in her 20s when she was dicking about on Walker Texas Ranger and shit.
>>
>>48884559
Well, can't argue with that

Still, Steve is/was a solid DM if a bit weird
Adam... well, whatever you might think of him as a person, he's good at running a game
Neal. Don't really care about his DMing style
>>
>>48884604
West Marches was the best show because Steven is great and JP wasn't always in it.

Court of Swords kind of shows what the problem is with Rollplay, I think. Without other interesting personalities Adam is not a good enough storyteller to keep a show interesting -- it's been weeks of slog with what feels like no progression because Adam decided to drag out them going back to base into a several week fucking odyssey. JP is an annoying bore. The other two are just kind of generically there. So what you get is this slow paced, shitty show where the dominant personality is an annoying literal mouthbreather.

Adam's ok. Better than Neal, worse than Steven. Sometimes he tries way too hard to try to inject non-white culture into a setting that it bogs the show down with him having to describe way too much shit people are familiar with to set a scene. Swan Song was the best of him, primarily because Steven and Geoff are good at keeping things interesting and the players bought into his narrative so he didn't have to improvise, which he's awful at.
>>
>>48884678
I like week 4 of CoS so far, the setting is kinda interesting. Thuy and all the time wasted on her can die in a fire though
>>
>>48884717
Exactly. He's trying to overdevelop throwaway NPCs and does it by dragging out a stupid fucking walk down a road, through a jungle.

These assholes made it to the town without almost dying 20 times. Save the conflict for real shit. Also he's completely lost on how to DM DnD, atleast 5e. He keeps throwing hordes of small creatures at a undermanned party with no arcane caster (who are the general AOE dudes), so what we end up with is waaaay mismatched, too difficult fights with no rewards.

If it's 5 weeks in and your characters are still level fucking 1 then you're a shit of a GM.
>>
>>48884779
Yeah, I don't really get how they're still not level 2. Took my guys 1 session despite having a helper NPC (there were only 2 of them that week, I had to improvise).

Now that you mention it, Adam might be still firing on B/X cylinders since Old School Adventures. Maybe not, I didn't bother paying for prep videos
>>
>>48884851
He's doing everything by the book. He divides xp by 4 when the little girl helps. He's just throwing shittily created fights at his team non stop. They take forever because there's tons of enemies (which means tons of turns), they give little reward, and they're incredibly threatening because of the party composition (and the fact that the Rogue's stats aren't optimized which is dangerous in level 1 DND).

If the team had an arcane caster then the party would breeze through the fights he's put against them in 10 minutes, max. But there isn't. What he should be doing is putting in one or two big things that the Barb/Rogue can team up on and the Cleric can guiding bolt.

He creates fights he wants to create without his players' party in mind. He found a cool picture of a bug so he made them fight a swarm of bugs. He likes kobolds and goblins so he makes them fight kobolds and goblins.
>>
>>48884986
So did I, they still got to 300 xp a face in 1 session
>>
>>48885034
...Lvl 2 for DnD 5e is 300 xp isn't it?
>>
>>48885047
Yup. That's what I'm talking about.
There were 3 people in the party, only 2 of them actual PCs, so I divided total by 3
>>
>>48885034
Admittedly, some of the problem is the players aren't good at DnD (which isn't a crime but they are running a show). They should've absolutely demolished that fight that crushed them, but JP didn't remember he has Rage, no one actually ran up on the Skeletons fast enough, the cleric wasted his turn healing someone who wasn't unconscious instead of guiding bolt 1 shotting the thing blah blah.

Poor play + bad fight construction + bad party composition = where they are now. It's everyone's fault and why CoS is the weakest show they've had since JP was GMing.
>>
>>48881100

You could also let them describe the attack they want, then roll, then have them describe how they did.

>DM: "The Orc misses you, Arleth. Torgar, you're up."
>T: "Torgar gives a bestial roar, and swings his battle-axe in vicious sideswipe at the orc..."
>rolls a 2 + stuff
>DM shakes his head
>T: "...which bites deep into the pillar beside him."

Granted, you need a good group with a fair amount of trust and creativity to pull it off, but IMO it works better than just DM or just player descriptions.
>>
>>48885205
Not that anon, just now chiming in. But what you described really isn't my style as a DM. I guess it depends on each group.

For me, it's more like everything is the same up until

>rolls a 2 + stuff
> DM: You roar and swing your axe as it whiffs just above his head.

In our group, that's just kind of naturally evolved that way to where they essentially give me a prompt, the dice decides the outcome, and I describe the scene.

Again, the player can prompt as much as he wants, I (DM) ask for appropriate rolls, checks, etc, the dice decide the outcome, I (DM) describes the scene.
>>
>>48885618

>it depends on each group

Precisely. I've been lucky enough to have a group (in the past, sadly) who was able to pull this off, and it was great. I've also had a group (in the past, fortunately) that wasn't, and ended up being like >>48881100 re: cheating/rulebreaking/"Nuh uh, I totally hit him!"
>>
I can't be the only person here who likes ashley johnson
>>
>>48885979
She can be very pretty at times. Other times she looks like a peeled potato.

Gameplay wise it's rough on her because she's pretty much a normie and doesn't have everything memorized regarding her abilities, rules, etc. She does much better when she's able to play consecutively.
>>
>>48854851
Sam is the best girl

Taliesen is a close second
>>
>>48882886
>Stop fighting about politics
>Here are my politics
>My politics say both your politics are stupid
>Now STOP FIGHTING ABOUT POLITICS
I know this is probably b8, but goddamn
>>
So anyone know the real reason why Orion was kicked off the show?

Glad Tiberius is dead. Fuck that shit sipper.
>>
>>48888780
He was having personal issues and money problems, he cracked it at a critter who made a shirt qouting "Hello my name is Tiberius Stormwind etc" said they we're "uncrittered" for using his intellectual property with out his permission.

Then there was the meta gaming and trying to break the game "I write to my father to send an army". He also become disruptive to the game, his character was very insulting and it was slowing down every interaction they had.

Outside of the game again, somebody who did some digging found allegations of cheating or something. Watching his interactions with Marisha especially the episode where he gets drunk, he's all over her and she's disgusted "don't touch me, not now" He'd been getting handsy through the show and his character idolized her as royalty.

Not sure what actually happened there, but I think he genuinely had fallen in love with marissha, not just roleplaying a Tiberius keylith thing. But this last bit is speculation.

Apparently he made a video about it, but I've not seen it.
>>
>>48889187
I did notice that in the getting drunk episode. So it's not just you.

I also knew he wasn't getting work so was kind of short on cash and noticed his metagaming.

I just thought something else had happened because at the same time he started his own stream, but that couldn't be it cause other hosts also had their personal streams.

So I just figured he probably tried to get the CR crew to stream CR on his twitch instead and they were like uh na dude not cool. But that's 100% speculation on my end.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.