[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pen and Paper+Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: road trip.jpg (56KB, 616x334px) Image search: [Google]
road trip.jpg
56KB, 616x334px
Is it possible to play a pen and paper game, during a road trip?
Anyone ever try it?
>>
Yes, no you would probably want to find a way to minimize dice rolls/resources used.
>>
Yes, if it was a lighter system, like Fate, that doesn't rely on a grid or minis. The fewer things you need to do, the better the game will be for the car.
>>
>>48850387
Yes, we became the new nordic gods by slaying Lovecraftian corrupted gods.
>>
>>48850387
This does sound like a great idea. Maybe if you put your paper on a tablet and roll through an app, you could avoid that shit from going all over the place.

I am wondering if it's safe to RPG and drive though.
I also feel like the driver should be the Dm.
>>
>>48851705
Are you by any chance that one anon who posted this based story about the eldritch paladin in a fucking sweet setting with the eldritch god eating the other ones ?
>>
>>48853671
No.

We were in germany (both literally and in-game) and the busdriver suddenly got mad and drove towards enemy territory or something. The bus crashed and we tried to take a car more inland. We discovered that the sun wasn't setting and that it wasn't even the sun... so we got scared as the sun turned into a giant, shining bug that was following us.

We just did this with a d10 and a piece of scrap paper with a talent and a flaw. That's it.
>>
>>48851814
That little compartment between the driver's seat and the front passenger's seat that doubles as an armrest could be your dice box.
>>
>>48851814
Driver, the DM ? Sound highly unsafe anon, I'd rather have the front passenger be the DM
>>
>>48854699
What does the driver do, then? He can't look at a character sheet or roll dice.
>>
>>48854747
Well, he can still have some input as a player. I know it sucks, but the DM or
another player would have to roll dice for him
>>48853953
Storytime ? Sounds like 10/10 impro to me
>>
>>48850387
Everyone is John.
>>
Yeah, used to do it with my bros growing up. Of course no one involved was driving.
>>
File: 137010.jpg (220KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
137010.jpg
220KB, 432x648px
>>48850387

I'm yet to actually play it myself, but this sounds like just the ticket.

"Out of Dodge is a four-person, 'American Freeform' live-action game about desperate criminals on a car ride to nowhere. Perfect for your next road trip!

The game requires four players, a small space arranged like a car and should take around 1-2 hours to play. It can be played by responsible people in a moving car. There is no Game Master, but you’ll need one player to prepare the materials."
>>
>>48850387

As long as you keep the fights small enough to not need a map, and have an electronic diceroller, sure.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.